PDA

View Full Version : World Title MITB - Who Do You Want To Win?

Sinner
June 28th, 2013, 6:45 PM
Simple, really.

Vote.

Cewsh
June 28th, 2013, 6:46 PM
Er...

Kimura Kid
June 28th, 2013, 6:46 PM
Few Hours Early my friend.....

mth
June 28th, 2013, 7:15 PM
We'll add a poll to this tonight after SmackDown airs. For those of you who don't read spoilers, feel free to speculate on who will be in it and such until then.

TimeSplitter
June 28th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Wade Barrett or Cody Rhodes is who I want to win. I expect Jack Swagger to win, and re-insert himself into the ADR/Ziggler feud.

McBain
June 28th, 2013, 11:26 PM
BARRETT'S BRIEFCASE BARRAGE.

G-Fresh
June 29th, 2013, 12:19 AM
I reckon I'd like for Ambrose, Swagger, or Barrett to win.

Mills
June 29th, 2013, 12:33 AM
I would say Cesaro, Barrett, Sandow, Ambrose, Rhodes, Swagger and Fandango in order from most to least likely

mr sabu
June 29th, 2013, 5:13 AM
swagger won't win

wardy
June 29th, 2013, 8:53 AM
I would normally have gone for Cesaro but I think I'd like to see him build himsekf back up in the midcard with Zeb for a while before going for the WHC.

Mills
June 29th, 2013, 9:06 AM
I could see Cesaro win, hold on to the briefcase for a few months and win it from Ziggler after Big E betrays Ziggler. Cesaro moves to a program with Sheamus and Ziggler takes on Big E. After those end, put Ziggler/Cesaro for the world title at wrestlemania.

Hero!
June 29th, 2013, 9:26 AM
If Cesaro wins he needs to deck out the briefcase to look like the Don't Tread On Me flag.

JP
June 29th, 2013, 9:43 AM
Cody all day long.

Andy
June 29th, 2013, 9:48 AM
I genuinely think Cody is the most able and ready of all those guys. My order of preference: Cody, Wade, Ambrose, Cesaro, Sandow, Fandango, Swagger.

Fanny
June 29th, 2013, 10:49 AM
I voted Cesaro, because he's a beast. If he doesn't win, I'd still be perfectly happy so long as he swings someone into the barricade back and forth 100 times again.

Anaconda Sniper
June 29th, 2013, 11:12 AM
I want Rhodes to win. But I'll be happy with Cesaro, Ambrose, or Sandow too.

Lagom
June 29th, 2013, 11:28 AM
This one is going to have to be very creative with it's spots, and hopefully it will be a vicious brawl throughout, because none of those involved are particularly known to have high-flying tendencies.

I'd really like for Cesaro to win, because I really enjoy him. If Barrett had any sort of momentum, I'd like to see him get a run at Del Rio, but he's just been an afterthought recently.

If Ziggler ends up Champion, I'd be most excited to see Ambrose win it.

Kimura Kid
June 29th, 2013, 11:36 AM
I would love to see Sandow get the push. He's got something special I can't quite put my finger on but I really like what he brings to the table. I know he has Charisma, Mic Skills, Good Look, Great Athlete....but there's something else....

He's ready IMO. He could be a great menacing heel. He looked Vicious in the street fight with Sheamus. Loved the way he looked with the Black Trunks and White boot's. no homo

With his recent Feud with Sheamus I don't think I'm the only one that thinks he's special. I still don't think he'll win but he's headed in the right direction with his current booking

MichaelC
June 29th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Cody, to stop OMG being upset at the monthly PPV pushes.

Wade, because he's my favourite in the match.

But I suspect Ambrose is winning, as the Shield beatdown/cash in seems a scenario the WWE will find hard to resist. (Even if its far too soon.)

mth
June 29th, 2013, 3:28 PM
Personally, I'd go with Cesaro or Rhodes, in that order. I like Barrett but they've done fuck-all with him to make me care right now, otherwise he'd probably have been on my list. I guess I'd put Ambrose at a very distant third only because of the interesting dynamic it could add to the Shield getting along and such.

MichaelC
June 29th, 2013, 3:30 PM
It seems far too soon to give Cesaro the title shot.

One Man Gang
June 29th, 2013, 3:52 PM
Cody, to stop OMG being upset at the monthly PPV pushes.

You're by best friend from Scotland. :heart:

My rankings

7th place - Jack Swagger - He's a former World Heavyweight Champion who has actually won MITB in the past. Yet he's in this "up and comers" match. Pretty much sums up his career.

6th place - Fandango - They were going to give him the IC title a month or two ago before his brain got knocked around. I'd find it quite a substitute for them to give him the briefcase.

5th place - Damien Sandow - I think I'd just be enraged if he won the briefcase before Rhodes. I can see it being used as Rhodes Scholars breakup storyline, but at this point if Sandow won it, I could just see them having him face and beat Rhodes on a Smackdown and then moving on.

4th place - Dean Ambrose - He just doesn't need this win right now. They just gave him the United States Championship a month or two ago. Let him work with that as a prop. There will be plenty of MITB matches in his future. Next year they can build it around the three members of SHIELD breaking up.

3rd place - Wade Barrett - He has put the time in, but it felt like they couldn't get the IC title off him fast enough. So I'm not sure if this is his summer. Though out of all of the competitors, I can see him gloating about the victory the most.

2nd place - Antonio Cesaro - If they had big plans for Swagger, I can see them transferring to Cesaro now that he has Colter. Plus a Ziggler/Cesaro feud could be good. But it wasn't that long ago that they said the powers that be found him boring and depushed him heading into Mania. So going from not good enough to be booked at Mania to getting the WHC soon enough is a big reversal. But stranger things have happened.

1st place - Cody Rhodes - It hasn't been his year. However he is due for a push at some point. I'm sure he could put on great matches with Ziggler and he has put in the time and paid his dues. As mentioned, I can see the briefcase being used as a prop for a Rhodes Scholars breakup, but it works much better if Rhodes is the winner in that he'd expect support from Sandow, only for Sandow to turn on him. Sorta like a mini Evolution turn on Orton. Just hopefully without Rhodes jumping out of a cake and dumping all of his heel qualities....

Bennedy
June 29th, 2013, 4:15 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Sandow has much more main event potential than Rhodes? I think the WWE agrees seeing as he has been feuding with Sheamus recently.

This is a very interesting MITB match. At least 5 of them could convincingly win it.

G-Fresh
June 29th, 2013, 4:21 PM
If Cesaro wins he needs to deck out the briefcase to look like the Don't Tread On Me flag.

That would be dope.

Jacknife
June 29th, 2013, 4:27 PM
Jack Swagger is going to win. Him, Colter and Cesaro are going to be an unstoppable force and I can't wait.

Zacharie
June 29th, 2013, 11:52 PM
I can't imagine any of these guys as World Champion at the moment because of how poorly used they are. Well, except for one, and that's Dean Ambrose. I think he'll win it.

Swagger already had his shot like 2 months ago.
Cesaro, Rhodes, and Sandow aren't taken serious.
Fandango's gimmick is already dying out.
The only guy Barrett can beat is Miz.

So yeah, Ambrose. His record is good and he's got a loooot of momentum right now.

Mills
June 30th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Jack Swagger is going to win. Him, Colter and Cesaro are going to be an unstoppable force and I can't wait.

I see Cesaro as a replacement then a partner to swagger

Atty
June 30th, 2013, 12:22 AM
I could very easily see this cash in losing outright.

thesamuelcooke
July 1st, 2013, 11:32 AM
I really hope Barrett wins. He and, hopefully, Ziggler could have a good feud in the later months of the year. Barrett could do a good job of getting Ziggy over as a face also I believe.

I do think that some of the superstars will be removed in favour of some face combatants maybe next week, but exactly who they may be, I have no clue.

Jacknife
July 1st, 2013, 11:44 AM
I don't think Barrett has what it takes to make it to the main event level. In fact, out of this lot, only Cesaro feels like he could be a main eventer. I hope I'm wrong.

Andy
July 1st, 2013, 12:15 PM
It just feels way too early for Cesaro. He's obviously great in the ring but he just hasn't connected with the crowd in a big way yet. He still has to nail down a character and we're still yet to see if the Colter partnership will work or not.

The more I think about it the more I see Ambrose winning it but I'd still like to see Rhodes do it.

Jacknife
July 1st, 2013, 12:30 PM
It's gonna be another Swagger scenario. Whoever wins isn't going to be ready for it.

chatty
July 1st, 2013, 2:38 PM
It's gonna be another Swagger scenario. Whoever wins isn't going to be ready for it.

Depends what they do with it. They might have them lose to develop character or set up feuds. I can see more people losing now that they've scratched that of the list.

If Ambrose wins they could use it to split the Shield, because due to they more they win the less strength as a team they have (recent losses, tension between the camp) and Ambrose can start making a play like he's the leader instead of them being on equal footing - that would work well over a period of time and obviously set up feuds within the camp as well as with whoever has the belt etc.

Rhodes/Sandow can play of each other for a while as could Swagger/Cesaro/Zeb.

This might also be an indication that they are going to continue to pudh the WHC into an upper mid-card belt and further treat it less than the WWE.

Melly
July 1st, 2013, 3:33 PM
Cesaro or Dean Ambrose are my choices, voted for the first.

JRSlim21
July 1st, 2013, 8:04 PM
My picks are Cesaro, then Barrett.... then Sandow... then Rhodes... then Fandango, then Ambrose.......................... Swagger.

With the recent attempts at turning heels into faces for no damn reason (ADR, Miz), I can see Barrett winning and doing a slow burn into becoming a face. Cesaro was my pick because Colter as a heat magnet and Cesaro a much better worker than Swagger, IMO, their act can go far. Sandow and Rhodes would be more of taking them more seriously in the main event scene. I have Fandango only slightly above Ambrose due to tenure.... in other words, I have no real reason. Due to Swagger's view in the public eye, I say he has no chance.