PDA

View Full Version : WWE title MITB match who/do you want to win?

Anaconda Sniper
June 28th, 2013, 1:29 PM
As Smackdown is still a spoiler I won't do that poll just yet or someone else can if they want. But I wanna know who you guys want to win this match or who do you think will win this match. Personally I think the popular vote is Daniel Bryan as he has my vote too..but you can't count out any of the others. Other than him I'd like to see Christian win it..or even RVD or Punk again. The other three meh. I do think Orton has a great chance of winning it though...but I hope not.

Kneeneighbor
June 28th, 2013, 1:33 PM
I am voting Punk. If Bryan is going to be involved around the title I want him in legit feuds and have some build beyond the typical briefcase silliness. However I do expect Bryan to win, his chase would be much anticipated like Zigglers.

Kimura Kid
June 28th, 2013, 1:36 PM
You already know what it is!!

Cewsh
June 28th, 2013, 1:38 PM
I love Punk, but he has other stuff going on. This is Bryan's big chance to break out.

I suspect if Bryan does win, he'll name his match in advance like RVD. His whole storyline is seeking credibility.

chatty
June 28th, 2013, 1:45 PM
I love Punk, but he has other stuff going on. This is Bryan's big chance to break out.

I suspect if Bryan does win, he'll name his match in advance like RVD. His whole storyline is seeking credibility.

I think this is the route they'll go. They can even site his last MITB win were he won by picking his moment and his credibility was questioned from that moment on (in WWE land anyway).

JP
June 28th, 2013, 1:45 PM
Daniel Bryan, but honestly, apart from Sheamus I'm happy with anybody winning.

Psycho666Soldier
June 28th, 2013, 1:47 PM
Daniel Bryan all the way, baby. Same way Cewsh said. He cashes in and announces his match in advance. It would be epic. BRYAN/CENA I at SummerSlam! Let's fucking DO IT!

Cewsh
June 28th, 2013, 1:47 PM
I want Sheamus to win, and then just have him become a bigger and bigger bully, grinning his ass off all the time, until it's revealed that he's been a heel this whole time and we all let him get away with it because we all cheer who we're told to.

Hero!
June 28th, 2013, 1:48 PM
Bryan has this. They're building him huge as a face main eventer. Who was the last person to beat Orton clean? Henry?

Psycho666Soldier
June 28th, 2013, 1:48 PM
Bryan has this. They're building him huge as a face main eventee. Who was the last person to beat Orton clean? Henry?
AND make him tap!

The last person to make him tap was Del Rio like a year ago.

chatty
June 28th, 2013, 1:50 PM
Daniel Bryan, but honestly, apart from Sheamus I'm happy with anybody winning.

I honestly can't viably see anyone other than Bryan or possibly Orton winning it and I think it'll be Bryan - its one of those predictable matches that goes down well because everyone wants it. Nobody wants Sheamus v Cena in a face on face scenario, Christian aint coming back and getting a push like that , RVD aint really gonna sell with Cena or Henry at this point in his career and Punks got stuff going on already.

A heel Randy would work but everythings pointing in Bryans direction.

Hero!
Exactly, it doesn't happen. Orton loses less than Cena and seldom clean. They clearly want Bryan to be seen as the baddest motherfucker around.

Anaconda Sniper
Personally I'd like D Bry to wait til Survivor Series/Rumble to cash in and win it. Cena gets his rematch and loses and we get Cena going crazy only to challenge the streak at mania. This way Cena gets a lengthy title run and Daniel Bryan can move on to a feud with the rumble winner..which is hopefully Punk.

JP
June 28th, 2013, 1:51 PM
Bryan has this. They're building him huge as a face main eventer. Who was the last person to beat Orton clean? Henry?

Wade Barret beat him cleanly and quickly just before or after (can't remember which) the start of the year.

And they did nothing with it.

JP
June 28th, 2013, 1:53 PM
RVD aint really gonna sell with Cena or Henry at this point in his career

Against Henry, maybe not.

Against Cena, especially with their history, that'd be big business.

chatty
June 28th, 2013, 1:53 PM
The interesting point is that we could see Bryan get dragged into the middle of the whole Hunter/Mcmahon thing after last week where thy both pretty much said he was a small bland nobody but Hunter said the fans like him so let it roll.

chatty
June 28th, 2013, 1:54 PM
Against Henry, maybe not.

Against Cena, especially with their history, that'd be big business.

I dunno, maybes after more build. I don't think they'd be willing to risk it this early and want to see how RVD pulls on since he come back, he's been gone a while and a lot of his TNA stuff for watchers of both wont have been greatly impressed.

JP
June 28th, 2013, 1:58 PM
I dunno, maybes after more build. I don't think they'd be willing to risk it this early and want to see how RVD pulls on since he come back, he's been gone a while and a lot of his TNA stuff for watchers of both wont have been greatly impressed.

The vast majority of the WWE audience don't watch TNA. For them, he's just not been on WWE tv, him coming back is exciting and playing off their old stuff could work well.

I don't think they will go down that route, at least not straight away, but I do think it would do well.

Also, Bryan/RVD excites me.

The Law
June 28th, 2013, 2:53 PM
Last time I remember Orton losing clean is when Kane beat him at Wrestlemania 28. Not being in the main event gives him even greater protection than Cena. Cena wrestles top guys, so he has to lose sometimes. Orton is always fighting midcarders, so he never fights anyone who has any right to beat him.

JP
June 28th, 2013, 3:08 PM
Barret pinned Orton clean on Raw and it was only a few months ago.

Somebody back me up on that please, unless I'm just going mental.

G-Fresh
June 28th, 2013, 3:09 PM
I love me some DB, but I'm an ECW kid so I got to vote RVD.

Cewsh
June 28th, 2013, 3:10 PM

Yep, he did. It was after Orton's Wellness bust, so most of us chalked it up as a punishment thing.

JP
June 28th, 2013, 3:11 PM
Yep, he did. It was after Orton's Wellness bust, so most of us chalked it up as a punishment thing.

Pretty sure it was waaaaaaaaaaaaay after the bust though. Could be wrong on that.

JP
June 28th, 2013, 3:11 PM
But glad I'm not losing it.

Cewsh
June 28th, 2013, 3:12 PM
Barrett beat Orton in October. Orton was suspended at the end of July.

Cewsh
June 28th, 2013, 3:14 PM
Edit: He was suspended in May and came back in July.

JP
June 28th, 2013, 3:19 PM
Barrett beat Orton in October. Orton was suspended at the end of July.

No way was it that long ago.

*runs and checks*

Yep, this year, mid January.

http://www.sescoops.com/randy-ortons-clean-loss-to-barrett-kaitlyn-posts-emotional-tout-video-bray-wyatt-teases-his-debut/70677

I'd say that was too late for a wellness violation punishment and yet they did nothing to capitalise on it. Very, very strange.

StoneColdChris
June 28th, 2013, 3:20 PM
Could have sworn Barrett beat Orton in January this year at the Raw 20th anniversary show.

Cewsh
June 28th, 2013, 3:21 PM
My bad, the one I was thinking of had a distraction from Del Rio apparently.

chatty
June 28th, 2013, 3:36 PM

yeah, he flung him in the corner and then hit him with the elbow

VHS
June 28th, 2013, 4:14 PM
It's crazy how a face like Orton losing clean is perceived as such a rare occurrence like the planets aligning in perfect harmony every 1,000 years.

Andy
June 28th, 2013, 4:21 PM
Orton also got pinned in tag matches at least a couple of times against The Shield. At Mania and either on Raw or SD.

Zacharie
June 28th, 2013, 6:32 PM
Damn, this could be the best MITB match that they've ever pulled off. I can't think of any other MITB that had this much great talent. Four top stars/workers, a returning star, and the second-best big man in the business. I won't even notice Sheamus, he's not even necessary with these six already in the ring. I guess someone has to powerbomb RVD through a ladder though.

Oh yeah, Bryan wins. Punk probably gets screwed by Heyman somehow, and then Bryan will kick Orton off the ladder and grab it, or something like that.

JRSlim21
June 28th, 2013, 10:39 PM
If Christian won, it'd be an awesome opportunity to build him back up as a main event threat. He's the one I want to win but I fully expect Bryan to win it and challenge Cena.

Mills
June 29th, 2013, 12:42 AM
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCsQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DlJ8 4wHoyN5o&ei=_WTOUYrnDoXJiQKd4ICAAg&usg=AFQjCNHtGF7JJrcQhda3fCMBRqRuD2zmXA&sig2=MCGoW0UKbWDRT7kpPD1NsQ

Del Rio made him tap clean on a smack down, I think it was during his Sheamus feud to become a #1 contender.

Serious though, its DB all the way

Mills
June 29th, 2013, 12:47 AM
Also, of course dvda picked RVD to win

thesamuelcooke
July 1st, 2013, 11:23 AM
I expect Bryan to say he will cash it in on a certain date, Summerslam for example, only to cash it in the Raw before or something and turn heel. Typical WWE logic...

I'd rather he didn't however. I really want Bryan to make Cena tap in a clean and classic match up, hopefully leading to Cena snapping and turning heel around January...

If he beats Cena I hope it pushes him into the stratosphere.

Slare
July 1st, 2013, 11:28 AM
I expect Bryan to say he will cash it in on a certain date, Summerslam for example, only to cash it in the Raw before or something and turn heel. Typical WWE logic...

I like that you're having a go at the WWE for something you made up in your mind that hasn't happened.

Typical IWC poster...

JP
July 1st, 2013, 11:44 AM
:lol:

That poll, Jesus.

thesamuelcooke
July 1st, 2013, 12:48 PM
I like that you're having a go at the WWE for something you made up in your mind that hasn't happened.

Typical IWC poster...

There are a few signs that signal that Bryan will turn heel, him smiling after costing Kane on SD for example. Bryan turning heel is not the right thing to do surely when he is quite possibly a key candidate to be the next main guy? Have him beat Cena clean at Summerslam and cement him as a viable no.2 guy.

And aren't we all IWC? This is the internet right? And if my opinion is 'typical' of us all, why am I debating my opinion, you should think the same as me shouldn't you, generic IWCer?

JP
July 1st, 2013, 12:54 PM
Bryan's not going to turn heel, they're not that silly.

He's been showing those little hints of classic heel behaviour for months now, one of the reasons he's so over as a face.

Slare
July 1st, 2013, 12:56 PM
What JP said.

McBain
July 1st, 2013, 11:21 PM
I hope not, but I'm not holding my breath.

Bluegunn
July 3rd, 2013, 2:45 AM
I would love to see Christian win this one, but I know it won't happen as he is going to get a shot at the IC title. Brock will probably cost Punk, and I see Bryan winning. Orton really needs to turn soon

MMH
July 3rd, 2013, 3:14 AM
I voted for Sheamus because I want him to cash in on a prone John Cena by brogue kicking his head off and turning heel. I hate him as a face, like proper hate, I get annoyed when he appears on TV and I have never felt that way about anyone in wrestling.

CWE
July 4th, 2013, 1:08 AM
Bryan wins and turns heel at MITB. Challenges Cena at Summerslam. Double turn leading to a heel Cena vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania 30.

Atty
July 4th, 2013, 2:05 AM
Heel Bryan would be a massive face feuding with Cena.

Pipkin
July 4th, 2013, 3:09 AM
Poor Randy Orton...

Jacknife
July 18th, 2013, 2:57 PM
Haha brilliant, the guy with no votes wins.