PDA

View Full Version : Legends of Wrestling

The Law
June 26th, 2013, 4:20 PM
I remember playing these games briefly back in the day. They weren't great for gameplay, but I loved how deep the roster was, especially for the last one. I was thinking of picking up Showdown, which is reverse compatible with the XBox 360. Anyone want to try to persuade me not to? Any memories, good or bad, from these games you want to share?

One Man Gang
June 26th, 2013, 4:57 PM
Game play and graphics were okay, but the roster was incredible.

Showdown Roster

Hulk Hogan
Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka
Road Warrior Hawk
Road Warrior Animal
Bret "Hitman" Hart
The Iron Sheik
Mr. Fuji
Terry Funk
Don Muraco
Jerry "The King" Lawler
George "The Animal" Steele
"Mr. USA" Tony Atlas
Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat
Nikolai Volkoff
Ted DiBiase
Tito Santana
King Kong Bundy
Koko B. Ware
One Man Gang
Greg "The Hammer" Valentine
Harley Race
Dynamite Kid
Ricky Morton
Robert Gibson
"Flyin'" Brian Pillman
"Superstar" Billy Graham
"Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert
Rick Martel
Ivan Koloff
Ivan Putski
"Cowboy" Bob Orton
The Sheik
Kerry Von Erich
Fritz Von Erich
Kevin Von Erich
Dory Funk, Jr
Sabu
"Captain" Lou Albano
"The Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart
Abdullah the Butcher
André the Giant
Andy Kaufman
Bam Bam Bigelow
Baron von Raschke
Big John Studd
Bob Backlund
Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
"British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith
Bruno Sammartino
Brian Knobs
Jerry Sags
"Dr. Death" Steve Williams
"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
Killer Kowalski
Mil Mascaras
"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff
Owen Hart
"Soulman" Rocky Johnson
"Rowdy" Roddy Piper
Rick Steiner
Scott Steiner
Sid Vicious
Eddie Guerrero
The Grand Wizard
"Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig
Diamond Dallas Page
"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes
Jake "The Snake" Roberts
Nikita Koloff
"Macho Man" Randy Savage
"Ravishing" Rick Rude
Sting
Ultimate Warrior

The Law
June 26th, 2013, 5:14 PM
That's what attracts me to it. Best roster ever assembled for a wrestling game. I really wish one of the years WWE would really go all out and put together a true legends game. "Legends of Wrestlemania" was bogus.

The Law
June 29th, 2013, 9:20 PM
Also, does anybody know how many create-a-wrestler spots there are in the game?

OD50
June 30th, 2013, 3:09 AM
The CAW mode is insanely horrible, you can't even change the color of trunks, shirts, boots etc I believe.

LOW: Showdown was overall pretty crap but it had a phenomenal (as in best ever) roster and I loved the licensed arenas; MSG, Boston Garden, Philadelphia Spectrum, Toronto Skydome, Pontiac Silverdome, Tokyo Dome, Mid-South Coliseum, Los Angeles Sports Arena, Cow Palace, Wembley Stadium, Texas Stadium and I Think the Greensboro Coliseum was in there too.

This game and series had such great potential.. Too bad Acclaim fucked it up in so many ways. :/

takerson
June 30th, 2013, 11:46 AM
I remember having a 60 minute Iron Man Match that actually never got boring/repetitive in that game. Sting vs. Bret Hart. Don't remember details, just that it was cool. And I'd have lots of Survivor Series Elimination Matches too. The glitches in that game were hysterical at times.

thesamuelcooke
July 1st, 2013, 11:08 AM
I always wanted to play Showdown but heard it was awful. But that roster looks incredible! Would love 2K to get on something like this and revive it.

The Law
July 1st, 2013, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I've always just settled for using CAW and editing to make No Mercy into a roster full of legends.

Peter Griffin
July 1st, 2013, 11:34 AM
Im sure JR said a while back that there were plans for a Legends game, but that may be me going mad :shifty:

The Law
July 1st, 2013, 1:25 PM
I would pay like $150 for a Legends of Wrestling game made with the current WWE engine with the same roster that the old games had plus guys that were missing because they were under WWE at the time. I never played Legends of Wrestlemania, but it looked really horrible.

The Law
July 1st, 2013, 8:51 PM
Got it for $5 used today. I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the gameplay so far.