PDA

View Full Version : Their Best Performance: Leonardo DiCaprio

The Rick
June 23rd, 2013, 1:36 PM
Same as the De Niro thread (https://forums.rajah.com/showthread.php?146773-Their-best-performance-Robert-De-Niro/page2). What movie has DiCaprio's best performance to date?

The man has turned in some excellent performances. But out of his works, three stick out for me. The Departed, Catch Me If You Can, What's Eating Gilbert Grape

MikeHunt
June 23rd, 2013, 1:44 PM
Got to b the departed. I really like him but think in almost every film there is a better character in all his flicks.

Kdestiny
June 23rd, 2013, 1:51 PM
Django Unchained.

MikeHunt
June 23rd, 2013, 1:55 PM
He's outshined by basically every other actor in Django. I feel others could have done better in the role.

Gary J
June 23rd, 2013, 2:51 PM
This Boys Life.

Gary J
June 23rd, 2013, 2:56 PM
He's pretty good in The Aviator as well.

virms
June 23rd, 2013, 2:56 PM
It wasn't a movie but he did some stellar drama work in Growing Pains when they played out his whole homeless storyline.

I had no idea who he was at the time but his perfornance gave me chills as a kid. He br9ught the show to a new level.

G-Fresh
June 23rd, 2013, 3:08 PM
Shutter Island and What's Eating Gilbert Grape are the only movies that I dig with him in it.

Mik
June 23rd, 2013, 3:34 PM
This Boys Life.

Yeah, either this or Shutter Island I'd say from what I've seen. I do like him in Inception too. The Departed was the film that made me like him again after years. He was good in Gatsby for me.

Peter Griffin
June 23rd, 2013, 3:50 PM
Shutter Island,Inception and maybe Blood Diamond, but I haven't seen that in years.

Fro
June 23rd, 2013, 4:29 PM
The Aviator is my favorite performance of his. That was the year Jamie Foxx won Best Actor for Ray, but I think in a lot of other years it would have gotten him an Oscar.

This Boy's Life and Gilbert Grape were both amazing performances as well, especially considering he was a kid at the time.

His performance in Revolutionary Road was pretty great too if I remember correctly.

Inception was a fine movie but that wouldn't crack my top 10 Leo performances. It was pretty standard for him.

Peter Griffin
June 23rd, 2013, 4:33 PM
Yep, forgot about Revolutionary Road.

Slare
June 24th, 2013, 6:56 AM
Aviator and Catch me if you Can.

Brilliant actor. Absolutely love his wee cheeky chops.

takerson
June 24th, 2013, 9:01 AM
He really is a great actor. Always has been. Aviator's up there. As is Shutter Island. Don't think I can pick a best here. I really don't.

Jacknife
June 24th, 2013, 9:08 AM
I was trying to think if there is a DiCaprio movie I didn't like, then I remembered he was in Inception.

For this, I'd have to go with Gangs of New York or Titanic.

Simon
June 24th, 2013, 9:57 AM
What's the one where he's a spastic with Johnny Depp, I saw it years after Titanic etc came out when I assumed he was just a pretty boy there to sell the movie and he was superb. Then again it is a bit of a cliché to say that playing a spastic = automatic credibility.

Peter Griffin
June 24th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Spastic? really simon, poor form.

Matthew
June 24th, 2013, 10:20 AM
that is a lot coming from resident rajah racist, peter griffin.

i liked the departed the most i guess

Peter Griffin
June 24th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Im not responding to this pathetic trolling anymore by losing my shit, from now on I am simply going to:

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4950801243243169&pid=15.1

son_of_foley
June 24th, 2013, 10:25 AM
What's the one where he's a spastic with Johnny Depp, I saw it years after Titanic etc came out when I assumed he was just a pretty boy there to sell the movie and he was superb. Then again it is a bit of a cliché to say that playing a spastic = automatic credibility.

What's eating Gilbert Grape.

Basketball diaries and This boys life are both top notch.

I think I would go This boys life.

VHS
June 24th, 2013, 11:24 AM
What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

Magic part? Magic part, Gilbert?

Mark Hammer
June 25th, 2013, 12:31 AM
He's never been in a bad role. This is hard to decide.

Bill Casey
June 25th, 2013, 1:51 AM
Leonardo Di Caprio would have won an Oscar for What's Eating Gilbert Grape if he didn't go full retard...
Instead he got a nomination. You never go full retard...

Peter Griffin
June 25th, 2013, 4:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo

Atty
June 25th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Gilbert Grape, Departed or Django for me. Django stands out not because he was great, which he was, but also because it was such a departure from his other roles.

LOCONUT
June 26th, 2013, 1:21 AM
Blood Diamond

Kdestiny
June 26th, 2013, 2:10 AM
Gilbert Grape, Departed or Django for me. Django stands out not because he was great, which he was, but also because it was such a departure from his other roles.

Totally agree, main reason I mentioned it

Sancty
June 30th, 2013, 8:07 AM
1) The Departed
2) Blood Diamond
3) Catch Me If You Can

Honourables: Gangs of New York, Man in the Iron Mask,

Canuck
June 30th, 2013, 8:16 AM
We had done this before with Heath Ledger. Glad it's back.

Loved Leo in Inception, but I think his best performance was catch me if you can.