PDA

View Full Version : WWE Money in the Bank 2013: July 14 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Pages : [1] 2

The Law
June 16th, 2013, 11:59 PM
It's become one of WWE's signature events since its inception in 2010. It has been one of WWE's best shows each year it has been in existence. It's where dreams are made and bones are shattered.

The big questions going into this event:

-How will the matches be structured? Will there be one "free for all" type match with lots of midcarders and one with more established guys like last year?

-Who will challenge John Cena for the WWE Championship? His issue with Ryback seems to be over after tonight. It might be a longshot, but could it be the returning Rob Van Dam getting a match in front of his old ECW fans?

-Will Dolph Ziggler be in condition to compete? If so, will he receive his rematch against Alberto Del Rio?

-What will The Shield be up to? Dean Ambrose may compete in one of the Money in the Bank Ladder Matches, but Rollins and Reigns will most likely be defending their tag team titles. Who will challenge them?

-Who will win the golden tickets? 12 contracts have been awarded since the creation of the match, and 11 of them have been successfully cashed in. Most likely, we will see two future world champions pull down the briefcases on July 14.

Fanny Batter
June 17th, 2013, 8:49 AM
Haven't watched in about a month, Money in the Bank and the build towards it usually brings me back in. RVD will feel so out of place nowadays but for this one night, being in Philly, that won't matter. Will be interesting to see how they use him, maybe in the "former WWE champion" Money in the Bank, or against Punk. The WWE champion one could have RVD, Punk, Miz, Kane, Jericho, Sheamus, Orton and Big Show, which is more appealing than last year. Kinda hoping they mix up established and up and coming stars in both matches, but with the brand split dead I can see them doing it like last year because it's hard to determine who deserves to be in the WWE title one compared to the World title one, similar to the Chamber this year. So yeah, I expect that line up.

Other match could have Bryan, Ambrose, Truth, Rhodes, Kingston, Christian, Barrett and Sin Cara. Sounds a good time.

Throw in Axel vs. Triple H, Cena vs. Ryback in some climatic stipulation where Cena has to pin him (cage probably), Reigns/Rollins vs. The Usos and Del Rio vs. Ziggler and you've got yourselves a damn good card!

The Law
June 17th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Cena's Challenger

Mark Henry is coming back and appears to be in line for a renewed push. The ladder matches are the big attraction for this show, so they could afford to settle for a less than marquee title match. Rob Van Dam doesn't really deserve a WWE Title shot in his first match back, but him challenging Cena in Philadelphia would be a lot of fun, shades of One Night Stand 2006. Also, as far as I can remember Cena never got his win back from RVD.

WWE Title Money in the Bank

Daniel Bryan strikes me as the most likely winner. He's on fire right now and seems in line for a feud with John Cena. Winning the MITB for the second time would give him another boost and set him up for a good story with Cena. He could either cash in and steal the title from him, or call his shot because he wants to prove that he's not the weak link/better than Cena. Regardless, it would set-up Cena vs. Bryan for Summerslam nicely. I see other participants in this match being: Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, RVD, and Ryback.

World Heavyweight Money in the Bank

This is the match to showcase their deep midcard. There doesn't seem to be an obvious winner to me. Dean Ambrose holding the case along with the Shield seems like an intriguing story. Curtis Axel is getting a big push, but it might be a little soon for him to win this. Fandango has really lost all of his momentum at this point. Antonio Cesaro may be in line for a renewed push with Zeb Colter as his manager, so he may be a strong candidate.

Del Rio's Challenger

They should hold-off on the Ziggler/Del Rio rematch until Summerslam. In the meantime, Del Rio needs a solid babyface he can go over in cheap fashion to solidify his heel turn. Sheamus hasn't been doing a ton lately, but he seems like an obvious candidate. We saw that match like 100 times last year, but I wouldn't mind it again as a one-off.

Shield's Challengers

The issue between Shield, Hell No, and Orton really should be resolved now. I think it's time to elevate the Usos and give them a shot. With a few weeks of build, I think they could pull it off. The Usos are both solid workers and I think they've been underutilized as a team for several years now. Would most likely be a good match.

StoneColdWWE316
June 17th, 2013, 4:51 PM
I will be making the trek to Philly for MITB and I am very excited to see what has become almost the WWE's 5th biggest PPV of the year. I am curious to see if RVD will be in the one of the MITB Ladder Matches. I think both should have what they did last year with being former WWE Champions and the other former World Heavyweight Champions. Either that or have some of the new guys compete for the WHC contract.

Ringo
June 17th, 2013, 5:29 PM
MITB is probably bigger than Survivor Series these days for me.

Badger
June 17th, 2013, 5:48 PM
Be interesting to see if he will come in as another one of Heyman's clients, or just have him do his own thing.

chatty
June 18th, 2013, 7:06 PM
So we#ll probably get:

Cena v Henry - WWE title

MITB: WWE Contract

MITB: WHC Contract

ADR v Ziggler - WHC

AJ v Kaitlynn - Divas Championship return

Then probably some Shield matches. Should be a good PPV.

Not sure if they are gonna give Punk a match, I presume there saving Brock for SS so do they have give him a match and have Brock turn up or do they play Heyman as an intermediary until then trying to solve the problems between his clients and then have him screw Punk over at the PPV. Personally I'd stick him in with Jericho again, Jericho can finally get a win over him without Punk looking bad due to some form of interference whilst still being able to put a damn good match on.

The Law
June 18th, 2013, 7:15 PM
I hope they hold off on Ziggler vs. Del Rio until Summerslam. Say that Dolph isn't medically cleared to go yet. They could even give the shot to Big E and let him shine on the big stage.

I think Punk will be in the WWE Money in the Bank match. I think it will be Punk vs. RVD vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Ryback vs. Jericho vs. Orton. Solid cast there. Lesnar will either cost Punk the match at the end, or jump him before the match and take him out. Then they can have Punk do a heroic limp out and almost win the match. D-Bry should win, and I could see him cashing in on Cena that night.

Fanny Batter
June 18th, 2013, 7:24 PM
Money in the Bank is only behind the Rumble and Wrestlemania for me, in terms of anticipation. Loads of midcarders get some important shine, they're building the big matches for Summerslam and the actual ladder matches are often great. Money in the Bank 2011 is probably the event of the decade so far, so that helped legitimize it as a PPV. I miss the MITB spectacle at Wrestlemania, but having 2 here softens the blow. I also like how they've stopped killing the ladder match as well, used to be often seen on Raw in 2002/3.

JRSlim21
June 19th, 2013, 12:39 AM
So... who gets the briefcase(s) this year? Maybe Bryan as a repeat winner? Maybe they shove Wade down our throats a bit more

mr sabu
June 19th, 2013, 12:55 AM
id like to think they will give the contract to someone we have given up on

he's still a champ to me

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWiFSnXtoEFrYWad2js3UNCmaC9Jn5F B_pJTRI2hJo3SAns8x1Lg

Mills
June 19th, 2013, 1:14 AM
And fail

mr sabu
June 19th, 2013, 1:15 AM
i added an extra / by mistake.......... and as brodus clay used to say

my bad

G-Fresh
June 19th, 2013, 1:23 AM
It's all about some RVD this year. He deserves a better reign than the one in 2006.

Fuck you if you don't agree. Fuck your family. Fuck your pets. Fuck your neighbor.

Judas Iscariot
June 19th, 2013, 1:56 AM
Fuck chickens. Fuck ducks. Fuck you. Your whole group sucks.

Judas Iscariot
June 19th, 2013, 1:57 AM
id like to think they will give the contract to someone we have given up on

he's still a champ to me

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWiFSnXtoEFrYWad2js3UNCmaC9Jn5F B_pJTRI2hJo3SAns8x1Lg

I was hoping you were going with Ryder here.

Ryder would be a fine competitor in MITB. He can flop around and when he gets to go crazy and smash people with shit he'll inevitably become hugely over once again and WWE will be forced to legit push him now.

#broski4lyf
#wwwyki

G-Fresh
June 19th, 2013, 2:08 AM
Fuck chickens. Fuck ducks. Fuck you. Your whole group sucks.

Fuck the Berlin Wall, both sides of it. And fuck Lyle Lovett, whoever the fuck that is.

mr sabu
June 19th, 2013, 2:12 AM
Fuck everybody in the hemisphere
Fuck them across the world, and fuck them right here

Judas Iscariot
June 19th, 2013, 2:33 AM
Fuck your diarrhea, Rocky Maivia.

G-Fresh
June 19th, 2013, 2:44 AM
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn50/MrDiamondFDC/RockyRB_zps5a74153f.jpg

chatty
June 19th, 2013, 6:38 AM
Giving Rhodes the WHC briefcase would be good imo. Turn him face with it have Sandow get all jealous and turn on him for his first feud then step him up in competition throughout the year. Seen as though there are two briefcases now they can afford to cash a loss in if the run doesn't go well but the guy has earnt a push fr his hard work over the years and he's pretty much in a position where if he doesn't get a trial in the big leagues soon he's just gonna fade into obscurity.

Andy
June 19th, 2013, 6:43 AM
I think at this point my ideal winners would be Bryan and Rhodes. I really hope they put a big name or two in the WHC one, maybe Orton and even Punk. If they do what they did last year for the WHC match they'll kill any remaining illusion that it's meant to be just as prestigious as the WWE title.

In fact, what they could do is the opposite of last year. Put all the young guys who haven't won yet in the WWE one and all the veterans in the WHC one. Now that would be interesting.

DaSaintFan
June 19th, 2013, 7:00 AM
My guess for the MITB matches: WWE Title - Jericho, Kane, Daniel Bryan, RVD, Ambrose, Orton (you can swap out Ambrose with if you have a US title feud at this point, but there kinda needs to be a Shield guy in this).

World Title - Sandow, Rhodes, Sin Cara, Sheamus, Christian, Cesaro.

Matches: WWE title - Henry vs. Cena
World Title - ADR vs. Ziggler (I wanted to say you could hold off on this, by putting Langston in the title match, but considering he's still helping out heel AJ, I don't see this happening).
Diva's match - Kaitlyn/AJ blowoff before they move Natalya (hopefully) in to the title picture.

maybe Punk vs. Axel (non-title) at this point, to further the Heyman guy vs. Heyman guy issue. But more than likely it'll be Miz/Axel, a Although I wouldn't mind seeing a Punk/RVD match here if that' show they go on with the Heyman story, if to keep Axel/Punk and Axel/Brock away from each other. (And it could free up a MITB slot in the WWE Title Slot for someone like Barrett or Fandango.)

I could see both MITB matches coming down to the "tag team partners' turning on each other (Bryan - Kane) and (Rhodes - Sandow) for the final push for the case, taking each other out at the last minute allowing a third party (Orton / Christian) to win the matches.

JP
June 19th, 2013, 7:19 AM
RVD and Rhodes are my picks for the MitB winners.

Punk/Lesnar could very well happen at MitB. The rumours were his new contract had more dates in it this time around, if so, happy days.

Fanny Batter
June 19th, 2013, 7:40 AM
I like Rhodes, but they've given up on him the last few months and I can't really see them going with him. Bryan for one, a Shield member for the other.

Andy
June 19th, 2013, 7:45 AM
There's so many interesting things they could do with it this year. Have fucking Lesnar win one, that would be epic.

chatty
June 19th, 2013, 1:08 PM
They've never had anyone just come down unofficially and take the briefcase that would make for an interesting scenario. They could have Shield come down and beat the remaining corpses in one match then take the briefcase hostage threatening that any of them will cash in or cash in as a collective unit.

Or have Punk about to win it and Lesnar come down and beat crap out of him and take it himself.

Those would be awesome angles. Not stricktly legal but they could use the McMahons warring against each other to get one of them to sign of on it.

Brian M.
June 19th, 2013, 6:13 PM
There are so many interesting characters and guys right on the brink of superstardom right now that I'll be ripshit if RVD strolls in and takes one of the briefcases.

G-Fresh
June 19th, 2013, 6:15 PM
Hello, ripshit.

mr sabu
June 19th, 2013, 6:32 PM
have Bryan walk away with both cases and the number 1 contendersship

G-Fresh
June 19th, 2013, 6:49 PM
and all the bitches.

The Law
June 22nd, 2013, 2:13 PM
So Cena vs. Henry is confirmed. Miz vs. Curtis Axel looks extremely likely based on the last two shows. Del Rio vs. Ziggler seems likely, but they may find a way to hold off until Summerslam. AJ vs. Kaitlynn will probably happen too. And there will be two Money in the Bank matches. The show will probably have six or seven matches, based on the last few years.

So here's what I'm thinking:

Cena vs. Henry
Ziggler vs. Del Rio (or Big E vs. Del Rio)
Miz vs. Curtis Axel
WWE Money in the Bank-Bryan, Rob Van Dam, Orton, Ryback, Punk, Jericho
World Heavyweight MITB-Sheamus, Cody, Sandow, Ambrose, Barrett, Fandango, Cesaro, Sin Cara
Shield vs. Christian and Kane
AJ vs. Kaitlynn

I think Bryan is the obvious winner for the WWE Money in the Bank. World Heavyweight is much harder to predict. Ambrose seems like the guy most likely to win based on that group.

Anaconda Sniper
June 22nd, 2013, 6:42 PM
I hope 2 of the following get the briefcases:

Daniel Bryan
Christian
Cody Rhodes
Damian Sandow
Dean Ambrose
Antonio Cesaro

Judas Iscariot
June 22nd, 2013, 7:19 PM
Dean Ambrose is going to take both briefcases and throw them into Lake Michigan and then sink an oil tanker and set Lake Michigan on fire.

Judas Iscariot
June 22nd, 2013, 7:20 PM
Oh wait it's in Philly.

Doesn't matter. Still gonna be Lake Michigan.

The Law
June 22nd, 2013, 7:29 PM
Of the guys who seem likely to be in the WHC Money in the Bank, the only one with much of any momentum right now is Ambrose. That, combined with the fact that Shield holding one of the cases would be really cool, makes me think he's probably going to win. If he does, I feel like there's a decent chance he's the second guy to cash in and lose. Actually, he might be the third because I think Bryan is also going to cash in and lose this year.

Hero!
June 22nd, 2013, 7:37 PM
I'd love for Ambrose to win (and spraypaint the hideous blue briefcase black) just so that he could drop the US title to someone who will then lose it to Cesaro :D

Andy
June 22nd, 2013, 8:13 PM
What they should do is ban The Shield from taking part because they keep powerbombing people. But they turn up anyway, take everyone out and steal the briefcase.

Meanwhile in the other match, Punk is climbing the ladder when Lesnar comes out and F5s the ladder out of the ring through nine tables with Punk still attached to it.

mr sabu
June 22nd, 2013, 10:35 PM
come on Andy be a bit more realistic

10 tables

VHS
June 22nd, 2013, 10:43 PM
I'd be cool with Ambrose winning if he turned the briefcase into a black dufflebag.

For real though, I hope Cesaro wins one.

mth
June 22nd, 2013, 11:18 PM
Daniel Bryan wins one, declares he's cashing in on Cena at SummerSlam, fails in one hell of an effort which earns Cena's respect and a rematch next PPV where he wins.
I'd like to see Cesaro win the other and be a better Swagger.

The Doc
June 23rd, 2013, 12:14 AM
What they should do is ban The Shield from taking part because they keep powerbombing people. But they turn up anyway, take everyone out and steal the briefcase.

Meanwhile in the other match, Punk is climbing the ladder when Lesnar comes out and F5s the ladder out of the ring through nine tables with Punk still attached to it.

come on Andy be a bit more realistic

10 tables

No barbwire, thumb tacks or fire? What is this WWE Pee Wee leagues?

StoneColdWWE316
June 23rd, 2013, 12:31 AM
Daniel Bryan wins one, declares he's cashing in on Cena at SummerSlam, fails in one hell of an effort which earns Cena's respect and a rematch next PPV where he wins.
I'd like to see Cesaro win the other and be a better Swagger.

Wouldn't it be a bigger deal if Daniel Bryan wins at Summerslam instead of the next month?

mth
June 23rd, 2013, 12:35 AM
Yeah and I'd prefer him to win it at SummerSlam, honestly. But it wouldn't fit with the rest of my idea...unless he were to cash it in on some RAW before SummerSlam or something.

Fanny Batter
June 23rd, 2013, 4:56 AM
I'd prefer him to win the title at 'Mania. Have him lose to Cena at Summerslam and have McMahon deny him a rematch because "he's not good business", then have him win the Rumble and the belt at the big one. It will have been nine years since somebody won their first WWE title at Wrestlemania! And only the third time, unbelievably, since Michaels. Michaels, Austin and Cena, not a bad list.

Andy
June 23rd, 2013, 5:17 AM
The problem I have now is that I really want big Mark to get a run with it. I guess they could have Henry win via shenanigans then Bryan beats Henry at Summerslam. Can't see them doing that though.

Geo85
June 23rd, 2013, 7:56 AM
I'd prefer him to win the title at 'Mania. Have him lose to Cena at Summerslam and have McMahon deny him a rematch because "he's not good business", then have him win the Rumble and the belt at the big one. It will have been nine years since somebody won their first WWE title at Wrestlemania! And only the third time, unbelievably, since Michaels. Michaels, Austin and Cena, not a bad list.

Only the third person to win their first WWE Title at Mania?

Randy Savage!?
Ultimate Warrior!?
Yokozuna!?

Andy
June 23rd, 2013, 9:30 AM
And Bork

Peter Griffin
June 23rd, 2013, 9:32 AM
If you mean Brock he beat Rock at Summerslam 02.

Andy
June 23rd, 2013, 9:37 AM
Oh yeah, I was thinking of Batista if that counts.

StoneColdChris
June 23rd, 2013, 10:41 AM
Thinking we'll get Ziggler/Del Rio/Jericho here, going off what happened on Smackdown.

Pretty sure Bryan is winning the WWE title briefcase, as for the WHC, I do like the idea of one member of the shield holding the briefcase, so I pick Ambrose to win the other.

JRSlim21
June 23rd, 2013, 12:07 PM
I'm shocked this idea hasn't been brainstormed and put into action. Have a heel MITB winner actually get a title shot and win the belt. He goes about with a bit of a decent reign when some babyface surprises him in a match and wins the title. Seeing as how the winner won a match outright without using the case, immediately nail the new babyface champ, cashes in the briefcase and takes the title back. EXTRA heat for the heel, more crowd support for the face.

Fantasy booking aside, I can see Cesaro winning 1 of the briefcases. And if not Bryan, then Sandow, Wade, or Christian to win the other (who I can see winning, not who should/shouldn't). Also, if they're really behind them, I can see Big E (if not fighting Del Rio) and/or Bray Wyatt in the match itself, ala Sandow in it last year.

Oh, someone from 3MB needs to be in there and bump like crazy for everyone.

Fanny Batter
June 23rd, 2013, 3:48 PM
Only the third person to win their first WWE Title at Mania?

Randy Savage!?
Ultimate Warrior!?
Yokozuna!?

Since Michaels!?

Andy
June 23rd, 2013, 4:30 PM
I'm pretty hyped for this PPV. Getting it free is always a bonus too. My choices would be Bryan and Rhodes, suspect we'll get Bryan and Shield. I really want Henry to win but I just can't see it happening. One scenario they could do is have Henry win then Cena win the rematch at Summerslam, with Bryan taking it at the next PPV. That would be good because Bryan winning could headline the show, whereas I think Punk/Lesnar will be headlining Summerslam.

The Law
June 25th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Confirmed tonight:

WWE Money in the Bank: Orton vs. Christian vs. Bryan vs. Kane vs. RVD vs. Punk vs. Sheamus

Del Rio vs. Ziggler

Ryback vs. Jericho

Looking like a solid card again this year. The World Heavyweight Money in the Bank should be interesting. Lot of solid midcarders to be in there.

StoneColdChris
June 25th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Really stacked the WWE title MITB match(they're all faces too!), no clue who they could put in the World title, maybe Miz, Axel, Sandow, Ambrose and Sin Cara, can't think of two others, is Kofi still out on the shelf?

JP
June 25th, 2013, 3:10 AM
Take Sheamus out of the WWE MitB match and I'd like to seen anybody win it.

Can't remember feeling that way about one of these matches before.

Bennedy
June 25th, 2013, 5:07 AM
Why is the MITB match all faces? Don't like that at all.

chatty
June 25th, 2013, 8:10 AM
Why is the MITB match all faces? Don't like that at all.

They don't really need the heel dynamic for it to work in this match, its all on all with effectively no rules. Match quality will reside over story and they have feuds or recent history with Bryan/Orton, Bryan/Kane, Sheamus/Orton to keep it interesting. Punks story will revolve around what they have planned with Lesnar, RVD is making his return and Chrstian has not long returned also.

chatty
June 25th, 2013, 8:14 AM
Good card though:

Henry v Cena

Ziggler v ADR

Jericho v Ryback

Reigns/Rollins v Usos

Bryan v Kane v Orton v Christian v RVD v Punk v Sheamus

WHC MITB - Would like to see Cesaro v Cara v Barrett v Ambrose v Miz v Axel v Rhodes v Sandow

Then possibly AJ v Kaitlyn

Decent card especially when you add in the possibility of Lesnar getting involved and HHH/Vince/Steph story moving forward as well. Should lead to a pretty good build and event for Summerslam too.

Hero!
June 25th, 2013, 1:22 PM
WWE title only has 7 and since theirs is all faces, do heels for WHC. Take out Miz and Cara and throw in Swagger.

Fanny Batter
June 25th, 2013, 4:46 PM
Doing all heels would give nobody to root for though. I'd have Miz, Truth and Sin Cara as babyfaces in there, with a whole load of heels. Maybe Booker T trying to "one up" the Raw lot by having more than 7. Ambrose should win anyway.

Andy
June 25th, 2013, 4:47 PM
Get Slater and Fandango in there

maxxmisery
June 25th, 2013, 7:38 PM
It is indeed interesting that they have all faces in the WWE briefcase match, especially with a face champion.

Does it set up an obvious heel turn for the winner? Or foreshadow Cena actually losing the belt to big Mark? Or am I just thinking too much into this?

mr sabu
June 25th, 2013, 7:41 PM
i don't want ambrose winning the case

i want him to win both cases

Simmo Fortyone
June 25th, 2013, 10:19 PM
They've never had anyone just come down unofficially and take the briefcase that would make for an interesting scenario. They could have Shield come down and beat the remaining corpses in one match then take the briefcase hostage threatening that any of them will cash in or cash in as a collective unit.
That's an amazing idea.

I can already imagine the crowd reaction when we see everyone down and out and then hear SIERRA HOTEL INDIA ECHO LIMA DELTA

The Law
June 26th, 2013, 1:11 AM
World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank participants announced on Smackdown:

Wade Barrett, Jack Swagger, Antonio Cesaro, Dean Ambrose, Fandango, Cody Rhodes, and Damien Sandow

All heels. Really surprised by that. They couldn't throw in Sin Cara, or R-Truth, or Miz? Or have Christian in this once since he's feuding with Shield? Or Sheamus, since he's feuding with Cody and Sandow? I think the crowd will probably cheer Ambrose, but they may also just sit on their hands. Also pretty much confirms Miz vs. Axel for the IC Title.

Fanny Batter
June 26th, 2013, 7:51 AM
World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank participants announced on Smackdown:

Wade Barrett, Jack Swagger, Antonio Cesaro, Dean Ambrose, Fandango, Cody Rhodes, and Damien Sandow

All heels. Really surprised by that. They couldn't throw in Sin Cara, or R-Truth, or Miz? Or have Christian in this once since he's feuding with Shield? Or Sheamus, since he's feuding with Cody and Sandow? I think the crowd will probably cheer Ambrose, but they may also just sit on their hands. Also pretty much confirms Miz vs. Axel for the IC Title.

Surprised at the lack of faces, I probably would've taken out Swagger for Sin Cara. I like the match though, those last 5 are really good so I'd be happy for either to win. Doesn't really make the World title look like much though when no established wrestlers can get the briefcase, whereas the WWE title one has a load of talent. The 7 in each is weird, don't know what the logic there is. Or having Jericho/Ryback in a throwaway filler match when both could have bolstered the numbers and relevance of this match. Strange, but interesting. Ambrose definitely wins though. This is so leading to either Rollins or (more likely) Reigns breaking away and taking the title from Ambrose eventually, hopefully at 'Mania. LONG TERM BUILDS!

Ringo
June 26th, 2013, 8:02 AM
Kind of strange but I like the 7 who have been chosen and imagine the Philadelphia crowd will find someone to root for amongst that lot. It's not like Miz or Cara are particularly over right now.

And I also like that the line up for the WWE MITB is obviously stronger than the WHC MITB. We all know the WHC title is booked like a strong midcard title nowadays. We don't really need to have our intelligence insulted here. The more established wrestlers should be challenging for the top title's briefcase.

Like Batter I do hope Ambrose wins the WHC MITB, causing a little tension amongst The Shield. Wins the title later in the year and build towards Ambrose/Reigns at 30. Would love that.

mr sabu
June 27th, 2013, 12:25 AM
i don't see swagger winning

One Man Gang
June 27th, 2013, 1:05 AM
The smackdown spoilers suggest the people in the WHC MITB match were all picked because they were up and comers. So I have no idea why Jack Swagger is involved. I'd almost consider him a has been. I would've tossed Big E Langston in there instead. Swagger is the only real lock for not winning the match.

Once upon a time Barrett was supposedly slated to win a MITB if he hadn't gotten injured, but just a few weeks ago it looked like they couldn't get the IC title off him fast enough. And not because they planned bigger and better things for him. But I suppose he has a good shot.

It would be weird if they gave the win to Fandango since he was originally supposed to be the guy to take the IC title from Barrett. I mean, I doubt they said "don't worry about not winning the IC title, we'll give you the WHC soon enough." But I guess stranger things have happened. WWE logic and all.

Naturally I am going to be cheering for Rhodes and I do think he has earned another push at some point down the line. So he can sit on the briefcase for a bit. He's also flexible in that he can play heel to Ziggler or face to ADR when the time comes. He doesn't appear to have much momentum going in, but WWE apparently has no problems ignoring superstars for long periods of time before suddenly strapping a rocket to them.

Sandow is good, but he hasn't put in the time IMHO. Maybe he should be in line for an IC or US title run. It's a shame the Rhodes Scholars never won the tag belts.

Ambrose just won the U.S. title a month or two ago. I'm not sure he needs another prop. It's also hard for me to visualize a member of the Shield carrying that thing around everywhere. It's a bit distracting from their image. Plus it's not like Ambrose won't be in plenty of MITB matches in the future.

Cesaro... 4 months ago I would have considered him the favorite, but then they killed his push before Mania. Is Colter enough to get him the briefcase or do they just plan on teaming Cesaro with Swagger to help the tag division in the fall? I mean if they thought he was boring a few months ago, does Colter make that much of a difference to the powers that be? I'm sure a Ziggler/Cesaro feud would be fun though.

VHS
June 27th, 2013, 1:13 AM
I'm choosing Cesaro. His new unity with Zeb, his new repackaging and focus, I'd say he's going to take it. :)

Sinner
June 27th, 2013, 2:22 AM
If you want to have the best SummerSlam possible: you have Daniel Bryan win the RAW MITB and Antonio Cesaro win the SD MITB.

Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena
CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar
Dolph Ziggler vs. Antonio Cesaro (Showoff vs. Old Style Brute)

That would also assume that both wrestlers cash in their briefcases. Some day it will happen - TWO Cash ins in one night..

Kimura Kid
June 27th, 2013, 9:42 AM
I'm choosing Cesaro. His new unity with Zeb, his new repackaging and focus, I'd say he's going to take it. :)

I agree 100%

I think he's going to recieve the push they were going to give Swagger.

chatty
June 27th, 2013, 11:48 AM
I'd be happy for any other than Swagger winning it. he already had an undeserved push to Mania and blew it and he got boring within a month, guy just doesn't have it imo. Rhodes would be my number one choice, turn him face and give him a run with the briefcase, they can slow turn him with Sandow willing him on to cash in on the sly or getting jealous over his best friend having the power to be champ over him and that would be a great first feud for him.

Anaconda Sniper
June 27th, 2013, 3:39 PM
Gotta be Cesaro or Ambrose that wins. Though I'll be just as happy if not more if Rhodes or Sandow win.

The Law
July 2nd, 2013, 12:31 AM
So with the announcements of AJ vs. Kaitlyn, Axel vs. Miz, and Shield/Usos for the Kickoff Show, we've got a full card two weeks out. Big contrast to Payback, where there were like two matches announced a week before the show.

It's a solid card. Both the Money in the Bank matches will be good, as they always are. I have pretty high hopes for Cena/Henry. Mark's chance to shine on the big stage, and Cena's had a solid year so far. Alberto/Dolph should be good and I think the Philly crowd will be crazy hot for Dolph. Hope Dolph wins the belt back, but I can live with waiting until Summerslam. Jericho/Ryback is kind of a wildcard-Ryback has been improving in the ring since he turned heel, so we'll see how they do. AJ/Kaitlyn was solid last time and should be again.

Definitely a good show, but if it's going to be great something is going to have to really blow us away. I think the WWE MITB match could be absolutely awesome based on the people involved. I think it's the most talented group they've ever had.

Atty
July 4th, 2013, 3:11 AM
Jericho/Ryback should be good, as Chris almost always does well when he can bump around a fair bit. The only real drawback to that match is how much they've had Jericho lose. It could be the type of feud to reignite Ryback as a heel, but could very easily feel like business as usual.

Mr_Nobody
July 9th, 2013, 9:43 AM
Here's my idea based on what happened on RAW.

During the WWE Money in the Bank match, RVD looks like he's going to win the Money in the Bank, when Randy Orton knocks him down, and Orton grabs the briefcase to win. Later in the night, after Cena is able to defeat Mark Henry, only to have Henry destroy him afterwards, Orton comes down and does exactly what he said he would do on RAW, and RKO's Cena, pinning him and winning the WWE Championship.

I really want Daniel Bryan to win it, but I think push his accession to the WWE Title to Wrestlemania, because it would be a much bigger moment.

At Summerslam, Cena faces Mark Henry one more time. Orton will face off against RVD. And Daniel Bryan will team with Kane and The Undertaker against The Family.

And of course, you'll already have CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar.

MikeHunt
July 9th, 2013, 9:56 AM
Yeah I think that rvd and Barrett are taking the boxes following last nights raw. God fucking rvd!!! Yuck!

Andy
July 9th, 2013, 11:42 AM
I'd be seriously shocked if RVD won. I still have Bryan as the huge favourite, especially as all the others have been eating clean losses in recent weeks. Then there's Punk who has a feud lined up. I guess RVD is possible but it'd be a major shock.

The Wyatt Family vs Brothers of Destruction could be cool but I was hoping we'd get to see them face The Shield at Summerslam. They still have unfinished business. I hope they don't forget about that but maybe they are with the first act of the Wyatts being to destroy Kane.

MikeHunt
July 9th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Look at the end of the show last night. The man who looks strongest on the go home how never wins, wwe logic. I'm going for shitty RVD to win the box and Daniel Bryan to win the rumble.

Hero!
July 9th, 2013, 6:29 PM
Kane officially out of MITB. Eater of worlds to take his place??!

Fucking STOKED for the SD spoilers to come out tonight!

Andy
July 9th, 2013, 6:53 PM
Would they put Bray straight into an all stars MITB match?! Maybe they bully Brad into putting him in.

What I would absolutely love is for The Shield to remind everyone what they're capable of. Ambrose comes up short in the WHC one and they react by storming the WWE one and stealing the briefcase.

One Man Gang
July 9th, 2013, 8:20 PM
Kane officially out of MITB. Eater of worlds to take his place??!

Fucking STOKED for the SD spoilers to come out tonight!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll !!!!

Mr_Nobody
July 9th, 2013, 8:52 PM
I don't think Bray Wyatt will be placed in the Money in the Bank.

I think Rey Mysterio will be added to it. I know he's supposedly injured, but they've been saying he's coming back forever, so it could be a good way to bring him back.

Psycho666Soldier
July 9th, 2013, 10:29 PM
I'm honestly thinking we won't get a replacement. Inserting Bray would be neat, but I wouldn't mind a more focused 6-Man ladder match. That could be pretty wicked.

Atty
July 9th, 2013, 10:36 PM
I'd rather the Wyatts interfere and fuck everyone up than actually be in.

mth
July 10th, 2013, 12:01 AM
I'm thinking a returning someone like Rey or Big Show takes the spot. The Wyatts probably have other intentions and I'm not sure how taking out a guy logically grants you their spot. Seems like you'd be more apt to get discipline than reward for that sort of thing.

Andy
July 10th, 2013, 7:54 AM
There's a lot that could happen here. Returning Show or Mysterio would make sense, so would not bothering with a replacement.

What I'd love to see is about a million run ins. Lights go out in the middle of the match, Wyatts come down and start destroying everyone. Kane comes down and tries to fight them off. Punk goes up the ladder and Brock comes down to F5 the ladder out of the ring. Then the Shield come down and fight through the carnage and steal the briefcase. :yes:

chatty
July 10th, 2013, 8:10 AM
I'm thinking a returning someone like Rey or Big Show takes the spot. The Wyatts probably have other intentions and I'm not sure how taking out a guy logically grants you their spot. Seems like you'd be more apt to get discipline than reward for that sort of thing.

It has done before, the RR specifically coming to mind.

Slare
July 10th, 2013, 8:16 AM
There's a lot that could happen here. Returning Show or Mysterio would make sense, so would not bothering with a replacement.

What I'd love to see is about a million run ins. Lights go out in the middle of the match, Wyatts come down and start destroying everyone. Kane comes down and tries to fight them off. Punk goes up the ladder and Brock comes down to F5 the ladder out of the ring. Then the Shield come down and fight through the carnage and steal the briefcase. :yes:

That would be fucking incredible.

Hero!
July 10th, 2013, 9:14 AM
It has done before, the RR specifically coming to mind.

Edge mhrdering Kofi so he could win the title in the chamber

StoneColdWWE316
July 10th, 2013, 6:30 PM
Very excited to be in attendance at Money In The Bank on Sunday and will be making the trip up tomorrow.

Peter Griffin
July 13th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Just tried reading Canton and cronies preview but couldn't finish, never have I seen such a collection of whiners writing one column.

The Law
July 13th, 2013, 1:23 PM
I find a lot of wrestling columns/reviews unreadable because so often all the writer does it complain. In my mind, and I think most other people's minds, the build to this show has been quite good. And the card is good. And yet, reading that preview, you would think the card is horrible and the shows leading up to it have been shit. It's like some people can never enjoy anything.

VHS
July 13th, 2013, 1:38 PM
MITB Winners: Sheamus(:no:), & Swagger (:no:).

Odd choices, but I just feel we may have some beer spiking disappointments.

MikeHunt
July 13th, 2013, 2:04 PM
Anyone think the shield have been bumped to make their potential interference in WHC MITB a bit more surprising?

Andy
July 13th, 2013, 2:41 PM
I'm still hoping they interfere in the WWE one and reestablish themselves at the top of the card.

One Man Gang
July 13th, 2013, 3:01 PM
Indeed. They've been completely underplaying the Shield's investment in the WHC match. Ambrose hasn't been interacting with any of the other six or even competing lately. It's almost like they want us to forget how much of a threat he is in the match. He has a bright future which will involve plenty of more opportunities to win the big one, but if he wasn't in this match I'd say they've played the other six as anyone's to lose.

chatty
July 13th, 2013, 3:10 PM
Not much to whine about for this one. Since Payback every raw has been solid, I think there was one so-so one which probably felt so-so because the rest have been so good.

Cena/Henry has been booked well and caters to kids and adults all in one

Bryan has been built like a beast (which makes me think he'll lose:(), RVD is coming back and they've spent plenty time promoting it. Sheamus, Orton and Chritian have been plugged as they usually would and Christian got a win over the Shield in. Punk has the Lesnar factor going on as well so couldn't really ask much more for this one.

WHC hasnt been built as much but it is representing the upcoming stars and giving them a chance to shine, I think its been well handled and everyone seems on about an even tee.

Kaitlyn/AJ is a long running program which has been exceptional when you compare it to other divas feuds over the last what.............5 year?

Ziggler/ADR has been great in build up tbh but they already have their story ark and their last match was superb so no complaints there.

Shield/Uso's is what it is. Theyve pegged Shield back a bit and pushed Usos to make them worthy challengers. Not ideal but somethings gotta take a back seat on a big card like this. Quality pre-show match though.

Curtis Axel v Miz and Jericho v Ryback are about as good a filler matches as your going to get, both could be very solid match ups and both had had time to build.

I'm amped personally.

MrBananaGrabber
July 14th, 2013, 3:56 AM
I think it could be a possibility for Bray Wyatt to try to interject himself into the MITB for taking out Kane and that's where the Shield could come into play. I can totally imagine the Shields music hitting and taking out Wyatt before he even gets the chance to compete. Makes the most sense since they try to stand up for injustices and what not. Could be a face turn for the Shield.

virms
July 14th, 2013, 11:30 AM
If they replace Kane with anyone I would prefer it to be someone like Kofi who can add a couple of nice spots to the match.

Other than that I think they should leave it alone. Having someone return will just take some of the intrigue off of RVD's return. They have spent a lot of time and effort in building him up to have yet another big return come in (Rey or Show)

JP
July 14th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Kofi doesn't fit in with the all-star nature of the match though, but I agree with your thinking.

No Brock Lesnar on the other hand... (yes, I know it'd never happen, but bloody nora would it be amazing)

Actually probably going to stay up to watch this, which I haven't done in ages.

takerson
July 14th, 2013, 12:00 PM
I haven't paid to see a PPV live since WM28 a year and a half ago. I just confirmed my purchase on the TV. $45.

RVD's Return, and the combination of high-end main eventers in that match in general. Including the dream combos of him & Punk, Him & Bryan.

The other MITB and it's awesome mix of talent and the unpredictability of who will win it.

The sure to be amazing Ziggler/Del Rio match.

The well built Cena/Henry match.

And a quality undercard of matches that won't be bad like Jericho/Ryback, Miz/Axel, & Kaitlyn/AJ (also built amazingly).

Have all converged on top of my wrestle-buzz from how great the NXT Tapings were on Thursday to make me decide to buy a live PPV for the first time in a year and a half. Can't wait. Should be a great show!

virms
July 14th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I decided to get a hd stream of this as it looks to be a great show.

Hero!
July 14th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Kofi is out injured, no?

I still say Wyatt ends up doing something to get the briefcase. Bryan doesn't need to win it, he can just straight up challenge Cena at SS and no one will bat an eyelash.

in the world title one, I'm keeping my eye on Ambrose. He's the only one who hasn't had promo time and I think it's because they want him to be a sleeper win. I assume Rhodes Scholars and Zeb's Militia will take each other out, then Reigns and Rollins come in to take out Barrett and Fandango, allowing big Dean to pick up the win.

Hero!
July 14th, 2013, 12:12 PM
PS I am stoked right now. Looking forward to literally everything on the card tonight. I'll be bringing my tablet to Hooters so my buddies and I can watch the pre-show.

Please don't let me down, MITB!!

takerson
July 14th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Good idea. the Shield/Usos match will be great and it should be on the main show.

Kneeneighbor
July 14th, 2013, 12:39 PM
IS there somewhere you can look where bars/restaurants are showing the PPV?

Nevermind, I found the "Blast Arena" list and there are none in Minnesota.

Matthew
July 14th, 2013, 12:49 PM
there are still some that aren't 'official'. like i know of 3 places around me that get like 90% of them. good times. just gotta know your area bro

Kneeneighbor
July 14th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Perhaps you could PM me them if they are near by...

Hero!
July 14th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Hooters and BWW are pretty good for watching PPVs.

JP
July 14th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Wish we had these places more frequently in the UK.

Walkabout where I am shows every Wrestlemania, but that's it.

Matthew
July 14th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Perhaps you could PM me them if they are near by...
yo im in new york. shitty bars and the like. investigation must be done

Hero!
July 14th, 2013, 12:59 PM
That's seriously lame. Places get pretty damn packed for wrestling and we usually outnumber the football guys during football season. Plus, when there's nothing else on, they turn every TV on to the PPV, so ill be watching 11 TVs at once, lol. Even got speakers in the bathroom so I can listen to the diva's matches while urinating. <3

Edit: to JP. Matthew probably knows what's up.

and some of you wonder why I don't watch PPV on illegal streams that frequently go down anymore HA!

virms
July 14th, 2013, 1:39 PM
I think Applebee's shows most ppv.

Hero you and my buddy would fall in love with each other. He would live at hooters if he could find a way how.

The Law
July 14th, 2013, 1:54 PM
Shield vs. Usos

I love the pre-shows. Wish Shield were on the real show, but I understand that they're trying to make the pre-shows more important. So glad to see Usos finally get a push. They've been on the roster for three years and done almost nothing of significance in that time. I've always found them to be good workers, so it's nice that they've got some momentum. Now if we could just get a few more decent tag teams together we could have a real division. I expect a pretty good match here and Shield to retain. Usos will probably win the belts somewhere down the line, but it's too soon for it to happen now.

Who Should Win: Shield
Who Will Win: Shield

World Heavyweight Money in the Bank: Wade Barrett vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Jack Swagger vs. Antonio Cesaro vs. Fandango

Interesting concept to have seven heels. Since it's Philly, they'll just pick a couple of them to cheer. Probably Cody and Ambrose. I'll say that I don't think there's any chance that Sandow, Swagger, Cesaro, or Fandango win. Cody is a dark horse, but definitely a long shot. I hope he turns face soon. It's time for him to do something different. That leaves Barrett and Ambrose. I was sure Ambrose was going to win, but the fact that he's barely been on the shows the last few weeks and the reports of him being in the dog house have me hedging. One of these matches usually has a totally random winner, so I'll go with Wade Barrett. He's a solid all-around performer and just hasn't gotten the right opportunity yet. Give him the briefcase and six months to build his credibility and I think he would make a solid World Heavyweight Champion.

Who Should Win: Ambrose
Who Will Win: Barrett

Curtis Axel vs. The Miz

Kind of a filler feud here, but at least there's something going on with the IC Title. This match will probably be okay but nothing spectacular. Curtis should win, and he will.

Who Should Win: Axel
Who Will Win: Axel

AJ vs. Kaitlin

I enjoy this feud. It's just not totally clear to me who AJ is going to feud with after this is over. Can they rebuild Natalya's credibility post farting gimmick? Seems worth a try. Shouldn't some of those girls from developmental be coming up soon? Can they just bring back Gail Kim and Kharma? Anyway, AJ should retain her belt here and I believe she will. Probably with some assistance from Big E.

Who Should Win: AJ
Who Will Win: AJ

Ryback vs. Chris Jericho

This feud is kind of a necessary evil. I'd prefer to see Jericho in one of the Money in the Bank matches, but they need to give Ryback a win over someone good to start rebuilding his credibility. Unbelievable that he hasn't won a pay-per-view match in almost a year. Should be a decent match. Ryback will go over.

Who Should Win: Ryback
Who Will Win: Ryback

Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler

I feel like this feud is stalled right now because Dolph hasn't turned full babyface. It's fine that they are taking their time with that, it just hasn't made for the most interesting last few weeks. Seems like it's too soon for this feud to finish, so I expect something non-definitive (a DQ or count out, or botched interference from AJ/Big E). They can blow it off with Dolph winning the title at Summerslam next month.

Who Should Win: Alberto/Dolph by DQ/Count Out
Who Will Win: Alberto, or Dolph by DQ/Count Out

John Cena vs. Mark Henry

This should be a decent match. It's amazing how solid a performer Mark Henry has become. He's one of the top five talkers on the roster at this point. I think he's a testament to not writing people off. He really wasn't any good until 2007, nine years after his debut. The contrast between the build to this versus the build to the Ryback/Cena feud is remarkable, given that it's basically the same story. Mark Henry is just lightyears ahead of Ryback as a performer, and especially as a talker. Nothing notable here, Cena will keep the title.

Who Should Win: John Cena
Who Will Win: John Cena

Money in the Bank All Stars Match: CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton vs. Sheamus vs. Christian vs. Rob Van Dam vs. ????

First question is who takes Kane's spot, if anyone does. I hope they just leave it empty. Six guys is a better number for this match than seven. I hope they don't put Bray Wyatt in for a variety of reasons. If they want to fill the spot, Big Show would probably be the best choice. I look at these guys and it's hard to envision anyone other than Daniel Bryan winning. Van Dam is old and just coming back. He's going to be like Chris Jericho, jobbing to everyone. Christian is pretty much the same way, there's no reason for him to be in the WWE Title scene right now. Sheamus has no momentum at all right now. He shouldn't be near the title until they've retooled his character. Punk doesn't need to case and has a feud with Brock Lesnar coming up. Orton has two Wellness Policy strikes, so I don't see him in the title scene. And so there's Daniel Bryan. He's the hottest act in the company right now. Winning the case and either turning heel by cashing it in cheaply or challenging Cena for Summerslam makes total sense. I don't see a case for anyone else to win.

Who Should Win: Daniel Bryan
Who Will Win: Daniel Bryan

Should be a good show. Every match should be at least watchable, and several of them will probably be pretty good.

Andy
July 14th, 2013, 2:16 PM
If Bryan doesn't win I want Punk to win and Brock to become champ at Summerslam :eek:

VHS
July 14th, 2013, 2:21 PM
This is a match that needs to end with Axel doing something... SOMETHING... that gets people to react to him. I love his matches, but the fans aren't even yawning in his general direction when his music hits.

mth
July 14th, 2013, 2:23 PM
Might as well run through my predictions, as well.

Usos vs. Shield
First pre-show match I've wanted to see in awhile. Usos need more exposure before they can win, I think. I'm a little worried they're just a filler feud and that they'll lose and drop down the ladder but I'm hoping they lose and come back for more.
Winner: Shield

WHC MITB
I'm pulling for Cesaro and used to think he had a good chance. The more thought I've given it, however, the less likely it seems. He's just started getting some legs again and I think they'll want to develop his relationship with Zeb/Swagz and maybe focus on them as a team. I'm thinking Barrett or Cody might be more likely winners. I'm not sure about Ambrose but he'd probably round out the top three. Bit tough for me to pick one but I am quite happy about that.
Winner: Let's go with Barrett

Axel vs. Miz
It'll probably a solid match but I really don't care. Axel's retaining without a doubt.
Winner: Axel

AJ vs. Kaitlyn
Hopefully they can at least match the quality of their last match, if not exceed it. This feud seems like it has to end with Kaitlyn winning the belt but it seems too soon here, so I'll say AJ retains. Of course, sometimes there are feuds that don't end the way you think they would and the heel just wins and moves on. If that's the case, rehire Kharma because evil crazy little AJ getting what's coming to her from the giant with the perfect name would be money.
Winner: AJ

Ryback vs. Jericho
They had a good SmackDOwn match awhile back and I'm hoping this is even better. Ryback's leg will probably be the focus (of course, I said that about the Cena's ankle for the LMS with Ryback and they never touched it). Ryback's winning and should be winning and I'm hoping the match works in a way that rebuilds the big guy. Makes him look strong and, with what he did on SD this week, maybe smart, too.
Winner: Ryback

ADR vs. Ziggler
Should be very good. I'm inclined to side with Law and say this is just the middle of the feud, so ADR retains here.
Winner: ADR

WWE Title MITB
I'm sticking with DB on this. I don't think the end of RAW was a sign he wasn't winning, I think it was throwing more fuel on the fire of his big push. I'm going to say that a returning Rey or Show takes Kane's spot. As for the Wyatt family, I think we'll see them on the PPV but I don't think Bray's taking Kane's spot here. Honestly, though, I would be quite pleased to be wrong on both those points and have Kane replaced with Bray.
Winner: DB

Cena vs. Henry
I feel pretty certain Cena's winning but there's a very small part of me that thinks Henry's got a chance. Very small. If Cena lost the belt here, what the hell would he do for SummerSlam? A triple threat with Henry versus Bryan versus Cena? That might be groovy...but if that were to happen, I think it'd be with Cena going in still champ. Maybe this match has a screwy finish then, so Henry gets a rematch? Maybe Henry wins by countout/DQ? :chin:
Winner: Henry by countout or DQ

Punisher
July 14th, 2013, 2:28 PM
So what do we think will end the show? Obviously it's between the WWE Championship match and the All-Star MITB match.

mth
July 14th, 2013, 2:29 PM
If Cena/Henry ends like I'm predicting (counutout/DQ/bullshit) then I think they'll end with the All-Star MITB and DB getting the case.

Hero!
July 14th, 2013, 3:00 PM
Cena/Henry won't end it. Not with a match that has Bryan, Punk, and a returning RVD.

Punisher
July 14th, 2013, 3:14 PM
Cena/Henry won't end it. Not with a match that has Bryan, Punk, and a returning RVD.

When was the last time Cena didn't end the show though (for someone who wasn't Brock or Rock)?

JP
July 14th, 2013, 3:14 PM
It's Cena, of course the WWE Title match will close the show.

As it always should.

Stringer Bell
July 14th, 2013, 3:21 PM
Why do people want Wyatt in the All-Star MITB match? It doesn't make any sense. Reward him for jeopardizing Kane's spot by allowing him in the match? Not to mention, he hasn't had a single match yet, and would stick out like a sore thumb with the All-Star theme. He'll be fine, there is absolutely no reason to put him in this match.

Also, if Ambrose wins the Rising Stars, I feel like that would be a slap in the face to guys like Barrett and Rhodes. They've "earned" it, and could use it to really catapult their careers, while Ambrose just doesn't need it right now. He would be a perfect guy to win next year, though.

Andy
July 14th, 2013, 3:32 PM
I could be wrong but I believe the last PPV that was headlined by someone other than Cena (when he wasn't injured and Rock/Brock weren't around) was Royal Rumble 2012. Before that I think it might have been Elimination Chamber 2010.

BBF
July 14th, 2013, 3:42 PM
Am i being incredibly stupid to be considering staying up to watch this?

Bare in mind I start a new job tomorrow morning at 10am.

Zacharie
July 14th, 2013, 3:45 PM
The interesting thing about the Rising Stars MITB is that it forces WWE to take a chance with somebody. Out of all the guys in there, I guess Barrett would be the most appropriate choice. He just did his time in the IC Title scene and isn't getting jobbed out that often. Maybe he'll win it and cash-in during WWE's European tour. I imagine that would be a fun cash-in.

MMH
July 14th, 2013, 4:01 PM
Am i being incredibly stupid to be considering staying up to watch this?

Bare in mind I start a new job tomorrow morning at 10am.

You are incredibly stupid regardless.

But yes I reckon so, download it tomorrow when you get in. Its not like you are going to get spoiled in work.

BBF
July 14th, 2013, 4:07 PM
Harsh reality check, thanks mate.

Andy
July 14th, 2013, 4:08 PM
My predictions: Cena, Orton, Cesaro, ADR, Ryback, Axel, AJ, Shield.

What I want to happen: Henry, Bryan, Cody, Dolph, Axel, AJ, Shield.

Kdestiny
July 14th, 2013, 4:17 PM
It's Cena, of course the WWE Title match will close the show.

As it always should.

Cena always closes the show, it just so happens he is champion.

The Law
July 14th, 2013, 4:56 PM
I think the biggest match should close the show, regardless of whether or not the WWE Championship is involved. Tonight, I would probably have the All Stars MITB match close the show. I think the crowd will be more into that match (specifically Daniel Bryan) than any other match on the show. If they want to put Bryan over huge and establish him as a legit threat to Cena, putting him over in the main event of a pay-per-view would make a lot of sense. Cena/Henry isn't a particularly big championship match, so there's not much issue with it not going on last.

Andy
July 14th, 2013, 4:59 PM
Usually I'd agree but if you put the MITB matches in the middle of the card it will always make the main event hotter because people want to see the cash in.

MikeHunt
July 14th, 2013, 5:22 PM
Do we really need to have this fucking conversation before ppv?

The Law
July 14th, 2013, 5:23 PM
If Bryan cashes in on Cena tonight the crowd will fucking lose their shit. I think that's actually the best most. I basically see three options with Bryan:

1) Have him cash in on Cena tonight and win. Cena gets his rematch at Summerslam and Bryan has to prove himself by beating Cena for real this time.

2) Have him claim he's not going to cash it in cheaply, and then go back on his word the next night on Raw and cash in. This would probably be meant to turn him heel, but I don't think most of the crowd would boo him.

3) Have him refuse to cash it in cheaply, and then challenge Cena for Summerslam. Fits with his character having an obsessive desire to prove himself.

I would either go with #1 or #3. I think I prefer #3, but I'm not totally sure.

Psycho666Soldier
July 14th, 2013, 5:29 PM
If Bryan cashes in on Cena tonight the crowd will fucking lose their shit. I think that's actually the best most. I basically see three options with Bryan:

1) Have him cash in on Cena tonight and win. Cena gets his rematch at Summerslam and Bryan has to prove himself by beating Cena for real this time.

2) Have him claim he's not going to cash it in cheaply, and then go back on his word the next night on Raw and cash in. This would probably be meant to turn him heel, but I don't think most of the crowd would boo him.

3) Have him refuse to cash it in cheaply, and then challenge Cena for Summerslam. Fits with his character having an obsessive desire to prove himself.

I would either go with #1 or #3. I think I prefer #3, but I'm not totally sure.

I will say I'd much rather Bryan cash-in for a match in advance rather than a cheap cash-in. It's how he did ti before, and it's the norm. Let's get some more traditional match set-ups like RVD and Cena did rather than dicking around with the same old dung.

Andy
July 14th, 2013, 5:30 PM
Three is the only way I see it going from those options.

Although he's so hot at the moment I could also see him being screwed out of the briefcase/not winning but winning a number 1 contender match in the near future. He doesn't necessarily need the briefcase. The only problem there is I don't particularly want to see any of the others win it. Punk would be good but he doesn't need it. I've actually been enjoying Orton a lot in recent weeks but Bryan is still by far the most interesting.

Andy
July 14th, 2013, 5:32 PM
I've also got a sneaky feeling Henry might win tonight. It would have to be via some sort of shenanigans but...I've got a feeling. Then if Bryan loses, Henry could come out tomorrow and talk about how we're all puppets believing it would be Cena/Bryan walking out victorious and facing each other at Summerslam.

The Rosk
July 14th, 2013, 5:37 PM
I am certain that Sandow is going to win the briefcase. So so certain.

MichaelC
July 14th, 2013, 5:55 PM
ADR vs. Ziggler
Should be very good. I'm inclined to side with Law and say this is just the middle of the feud, so ADR retains here.
Winner: ADR

Agreed. I was thinking that they could have Ziggler win by ref stoppage. Then the crowd go nuts when informed titles can only change hands on pinfalls or submissions. They used this trick in 1998 for Rock/Foley and it worked well. So having borrowed from Austin/Hart last month, they might as well borrow from 1998 and make the crowds baying for Ziggler to get the title in the big blow off at Summerslam. Hell, it'd even make a legit storyline reason for a Last Man Standing with how the feud has gone.

TimeSplitter
July 14th, 2013, 5:58 PM
"Keep your money, I'm here to break your "heroes".

DOWN WITH THE MACHINE

#MITB"

God, I love Bray Wyatt!

The Law
July 14th, 2013, 6:27 PM
I'm also tired of guys doing the sneaky cash-in. It's just played out. Ziggler would have been a perfect guy to announce in advance that he's cashing in his shot at Wrestlemania, because he wants to show off on the biggest stage possible. Bryan should cash-in at Summerslam, and Barrett could cash-in next time Raw is in England, with an announcement that he's doing it in advance.

The other thing they haven't done is have a guy cash-in and get a specific type of match that favors him. Like, back when Jeff Hardy was around he could have won one and then cashed-in at TLC so that it would be a Ladder Match, which played to his strengths. Van Dam and Christian can both legitimately claim expertise in Ladder Matches. I guess Sheamus could want a Tables Match because that's how he won his first WWE Championship.

Vice
July 14th, 2013, 6:48 PM

Here is the very first thing that came to mind when I read this:

On RAW, Cena gets laid out after a match at the end of the night. As the ring clears and the ref is about to walk up the ramp, a briefcase comes flying out from underneath the ring, nearly causing the ref to trip and fall on his face. The ref is baffled by this, and inspects the briefcase by opening it. Then the camera switches angles and we see Daniel Bryan on top of the turnbuckle, roaring like a madman as he hits a diving headbutt. The ref realizes what's going on and slides in to count the 3.

Would obviously prefer a legit one on one match with him winning clean though.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
July 14th, 2013, 6:51 PM
...Barrett could cash-in next time Raw is in England, with an announcement that he's doing it in advance.

Nov 11th - Monday Night Raw - Manchester.. where I'll be sat watching :panic:

Tainted Eclipse
July 14th, 2013, 6:57 PM
I'm also tired of guys doing the sneaky cash-in. It's just played out. Ziggler would have been a perfect guy to announce in advance that he's cashing in his shot at Wrestlemania, because he wants to show off on the biggest stage possible. Bryan should cash-in at Summerslam, and Barrett could cash-in next time Raw is in England, with an announcement that he's doing it in advance.

The other thing they haven't done is have a guy cash-in and get a specific type of match that favors him. Like, back when Jeff Hardy was around he could have won one and then cashed-in at TLC so that it would be a Ladder Match, which played to his strengths. Van Dam and Christian can both legitimately claim expertise in Ladder Matches. I guess Sheamus could want a Tables Match because that's how he won his first WWE Championship.

Very much agreed. The MITB matches are awesome and make for a great show, but it really is a crutch to allow WWE to throw guys into the main event without actually having to give them decent built and a good angle to make it feel organic. It's like they want a "suddenly main eventer" switch they can flick but instead have created a bunch of guys who've won major titles but don't feel like main eventers and just devalues the title and the worth of having a main event feud/match with a top, legit star. If I were the God of WWE I'd probably make the MITB PPV only have a MITB match for the WHC -- with the stipulation that the winner must give, say, a week's notice of cashing in his contract -- and then make the Royal Rumble only apply to the WWE title.

virms
July 14th, 2013, 6:57 PM
Since it is in Philly and these two have amazing history there.....

RVD wins mitb and cashes in on Cena after a brutal match with Henry.

Crowd riots.

The Law
July 14th, 2013, 7:07 PM
Nov 11th - Monday Night Raw - Manchester.. where I'll be sat watching :panic:

That's actually perfect. I thought they might not be going back until after Wrestlemania next year, but November is pretty much the right amount of time for Barrett to build himself up to that match. And was born less than an hour from Manchester-close enough to home. Barrett winning the World Heavyweight Championship in front of a British crowd that would be nuts for him would be a great way for him to start his first title reign. Only downside is that it would be on a taped show. I still really like that idea.

Melly
July 14th, 2013, 7:11 PM
Here are my predictions....

Usos vs. Shield = Shield

WHC MITB = Cesaro

Axel vs. Miz = Axel

AJ vs. Kaitlyn = A.J.

Ryback vs. Jericho = Jericho

ADR vs. Ziggler = ADR

WWE Title MITB = Orton

Cena vs. Henry = Henry

HHHnFoley_Rulez
July 14th, 2013, 7:19 PM
We get WWE Vintage here in the UK strangely it's on now, before MitB. Just watched Great Muta Vs Brad Armstrong in a 2 out of 3 falls match with in a finish that would make TNA cry. Crossbody, roll through by Muta, near fall, 2 seconds later, roll up, near fall, 2 seconds later, roll up, 3 count :wtf: It was only the first fall... but still...

chatty
July 14th, 2013, 7:19 PM
My main worry with Bryan is when things seem so obvious WWE nomally throw a swerve in matterless whether it makes sense or not and I can see that tonight and then them making Bryan no 1 contender via aother method.

MMH
July 14th, 2013, 7:38 PM
Why is there a mid match ad break on the pre show for their own shows?

WWE dont half do some weird things at times.

VHS
July 14th, 2013, 7:42 PM
Shield/Usos clothesline spot gif.

Ouch.

http://i.imgur.com/91MNJDG.gif

TooCool
July 14th, 2013, 7:45 PM
Why is there a mid match ad break on the pre show for their own shows?

WWE dont half do some weird things at times.

Yep. That's what I complained about in the last PPV. A commercial of the PPV on your own pre-show PPV... Fail.

Quite annoying but whatever I guess.

As for the match, I'm surprised that the crowd isn't cheering more for The Shield.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
July 14th, 2013, 7:46 PM
We've got RVD vs Jerry Lynn for the ECW TV Title at Fully Loaded here... It's not quite the same. RVD just killed Lynn with a kick + chair to the face off while on the top turnbuckle, sending him to the outside through a table.. EC-DUB! EC-DUB!

DavidUK
July 14th, 2013, 7:48 PM
Gonna stay up late and watch this tonight. Will there be much chat in here during the show?

HHHnFoley_Rulez
July 14th, 2013, 7:49 PM
Only if Gillberg is replacing Kane.

TooCool
July 14th, 2013, 7:51 PM
Amazing match. They really picked it up towards the end. The Usos actually looked strong for once.

It's too bad the stupid "commercial breaks" ruined the pace of the match. Would have been better on the actual PPV.

InsertItHere
July 14th, 2013, 7:52 PM
Nice little match to start things off. The power bomb/suplex spot was incredible.

Andy
That was a great last five minutes in that match.

mth
Great tag match there. Some great spots, really picked up nicely in the second half, and the Usos looked like they could get it done. :yes:

TooCool
July 14th, 2013, 7:58 PM
Really smart to have the WHC MITB intros during the pre-show. That should get some people on the fence to order.. probably.

DavidUK
July 14th, 2013, 8:00 PM
Quick predictions:

John Cena
Alberto Del Rio
Orton
Ambrose
Curtis Axel
Ryback

I believe the Uso's/Shield match has finished, and I have no idea about the diva match as I fast forward every time they are on and have no idea what the build is or what's going on.

Andy
July 14th, 2013, 8:04 PM
Nice start with the feed broken and Lilian fucking up her lines.

mr sabu
July 14th, 2013, 8:05 PM
doesn't look like ambrose is winning :( he was in the ring when the show started

Judas Iscariot
July 14th, 2013, 8:06 PM
Jobber entrance for Ambrose at the start of the PPV?

DOGHOUSE

Jacknife
July 14th, 2013, 8:08 PM
Lol

chatty
July 14th, 2013, 8:09 PM
I didnt watch the pre-show but did Ambrose not just come down with the Shield?

Andy
July 14th, 2013, 8:10 PM
Nope

mr sabu
July 14th, 2013, 8:14 PM
wonder what he did to deserve this treatment

Judas Iscariot
July 14th, 2013, 8:16 PM
Maybe he gets hurt really bad and has to miss an extended period of time tonight, ifyouseewhatimgettingat

chatty
July 14th, 2013, 8:18 PM
This match is boss

wardy
July 14th, 2013, 8:20 PM
Awesome spot even if he did fuck it up the first time.

DavidUK
July 14th, 2013, 8:22 PM
This match is great fun :D

mr sabu
July 14th, 2013, 8:23 PM
sandow wins

chatty
July 14th, 2013, 8:24 PM
I feel Sandow doing Cody

wardy
July 14th, 2013, 8:24 PM
Here comes Sandow!

wardy
July 14th, 2013, 8:25 PM
Ha fucking hell. Really enjoyed that.

JT4104
damn...actually found myself pulling for Cody the entire match.

TooCool
What a match! Sandow pushing Cody off was no surprise, but man I was pulling for Cody.

Andy
July 14th, 2013, 8:26 PM
Great fun match, the finish was so obvious with Cody being awesome and Sandow disappearing for the second half though.

I wanted Cody to win. :(

The Law
July 14th, 2013, 8:27 PM
That was excellent. Maybe the best Money in the Bank Ladder Match ever. Sandow winning is a real shock. I hope him and Cody end up feuding for the briefcase and Cody wins it from him. Reaction for Cody climbing at the end was fantastic. Also hoping that we get Swagger and Cesaro (The Kings of Wrethling) to feud with Shield and Usos in the tag division.

Fantastic start to the show. ****1/4.

Matthew
the rosk is a genius

chatty
Great match, going forward I'm happy as well as they made Cody look great and that will make his face turn have more life, going straight into a feud with Sandow.

Big
July 14th, 2013, 8:29 PM
Anyone have a good stream?

Psycho666Soldier
So "HOLY SHIT," right?

Andy
I've been banging this drum for a while now but I'll say it again - Cody is fucking excellent. His time will come. He's so good at working a crowd, he always gets them to do exactly what he wants.

TooCool
July 14th, 2013, 8:30 PM
Tons of spots in that match. Amazing stuff.

Cesaro climbing Swagger was pretty stupid, but you gotta have your comedy. Loved Ambrose doing the flip onto the ladder.

The camera did show Sandow crawling to Lillian Garcia at some point during the match to get "cover". What a genius.

Ryse
July 14th, 2013, 8:30 PM
That was a damn good match. I wonder how the Raw MITB can possibly top that. It's going to be very hard.

Andy
July 14th, 2013, 8:31 PM
I fucking love Brad Maddox.

Ryse
July 14th, 2013, 8:32 PM
Maddox certainly has gotten better on the mic. He needs more Bane voice though.

MichaelC
July 14th, 2013, 8:34 PM
The chap on Reddit who has been picking the last few PPVs 100% went for Sandow and Orton for the ladder matches tonight. Hmm.

chatty
July 14th, 2013, 8:35 PM
I really hope this is going somewhere, terrible segment thus far

The Law
July 14th, 2013, 8:36 PM
Are we really supposed to enjoy Vickie being humiliated? If so, why?

mr sabu
July 14th, 2013, 8:36 PM
wonder what ambrose has done.. lil promo on smackers.. no enterence at mitb

Andy
July 14th, 2013, 8:37 PM
What the hell was that all about. I thought The Wyatts might be coming to save it but nope, just a humiliation for Vickie on PPV.

TooCool
July 14th, 2013, 8:37 PM
I love me some Brad Maddox, but that segment should have been saved for RAW... instead of bumping the tag title match to the pre-show.

JT4104
July 14th, 2013, 8:38 PM
Hope to see Axel just curb stomp Miz here

Tainted Eclipse
July 14th, 2013, 8:38 PM
come now it was a funny video. vickie really is improbably talented.

Lousaka Romon Polite
July 14th, 2013, 8:40 PM
Usually only get Mania, but broke down and got it. Great opener.

Andy
July 14th, 2013, 8:42 PM
Sometimes I just wonder what the bookers are thinking. Mildly entertaining spot there but you basically just make the crowd lose interest in the match and turn Miz into a heel for the rest of it.

The Law
July 14th, 2013, 8:44 PM
I don't really get it either. Maybe they were worried the whole crowd would check out on the match and chant for Heyman?

How many times do people need to kick out of the Perfect Plex? Got to kill that finisher immediately, apparently.

chatty
July 14th, 2013, 8:45 PM
Miz ight be the guy that bores me the most on the whole roster right now, nothing about him excites me at all. Not great in the ring and has a terrible character.

Andy
July 14th, 2013, 8:46 PM
Maybe but they must've known that ejecting him would've just made it worse. Anywhere else it would've been fine but they decide to do it here and it killed the crowd completely.

Tainted Eclipse
July 14th, 2013, 8:49 PM
I don't really get it either. Maybe they were worried the whole crowd would check out on the match and chant for Heyman?

How many times do people need to kick out of the Perfect Plex? Got to kill that finisher immediately, apparently.

i dont know if it was ever intended to be his finisher. it should be though, it's the most over move he'll be doing.

mr sabu
July 14th, 2013, 8:51 PM
get your tits out

JT4104
July 14th, 2013, 8:55 PM
so Layla is supposed keep Big E in check I take it

mr sabu
July 14th, 2013, 8:56 PM
to hold kaitlyn back cause kaitlyn is a violent thug

Ryse
July 14th, 2013, 8:57 PM
I wouldn't blame Big E for having his eyes glued to Layla.

The Law
July 14th, 2013, 8:57 PM
I didn't realize AJ grew up so poor. I like her even more now.

mr sabu
July 14th, 2013, 8:58 PM
come on kaitlyn doesn't pull your pants up... we seen your tits just need your ass now

JT4104
July 14th, 2013, 9:01 PM
So Aj has now beat her clean twice....are there any divas left?

Andy
Layla is not hot.

Cool move to get into the finisher, apart from that...meh.

Big E needs to go back to doing something interesting.

mr sabu
that doesn't look scripted at all

Funboy
July 14th, 2013, 9:02 PM
there's some good ones in nxt just waiting to come up

JT4104
July 14th, 2013, 9:03 PM
cant wait to see the reaction coming up...since it is Philly it should be light years better than usual.

Ryse
July 14th, 2013, 9:04 PM
So is it about time to call up Paige? Perhaps we need an Emmaloution?

mr sabu
July 14th, 2013, 9:04 PM
king loose your voice...........

JT4104
July 14th, 2013, 9:05 PM
and philly didn't care about him either...wow.

JT4104
July 14th, 2013, 9:06 PM
So is it about time to call up Paige? Perhaps we need an Emmaloution?2 straight clean losses to AJ and at least on the current roster there is no one left. I guess they could push Natalya but we know that isn't going to happen.

wardy
July 14th, 2013, 9:06 PM
Layla is not hot.
Are we looking at the same bird? She's not amazing but she's still pretty nice.

Andy
July 14th, 2013, 9:07 PM
I know there's not a huge talent pool in the Divas division right now but AJ has everyone left. She's only feuded with Kaitlyn's so far over the belt.

Kneeneighbor
July 14th, 2013, 9:07 PM
Who won the IC match?

Ryse
July 14th, 2013, 9:08 PM
Axel, cleanly too.

Andy
July 14th, 2013, 9:08 PM
Are we looking at the same bird? She's not amazing but she's still pretty nice.

I dunno she's got a decent body but she's like one of those women in her 40s who cakes herself in makeup and fake tan thinking she's still 21.

mr sabu
July 14th, 2013, 9:09 PM
Who won the IC match?

noone worth caring about

JT4104
July 14th, 2013, 9:09 PM
I know there's not a huge talent pool in the Divas division right now but AJ has everyone left. She's only feuded with Kaitlyn's so far over the belt.
Who would be the other ones at this point that have at least been established as a somebody? I guess there is Layla and maybe Natalya

Felonious Punk
July 14th, 2013, 9:10 PM
2 straight clean losses to AJ and at least on the current roster there is no one left. I guess they could push Natalya but we know that isn't going to happen.

You might be onto something. With Natalya being a part of that new Diva show, that would be a good way to get her onto my TV, as well as promote their new show :yes:

chatty
July 14th, 2013, 9:11 PM
I presume AJ is feuding with Layla next considering there was no point to her getting involved in this feud otherwise.

Andy
July 14th, 2013, 9:11 PM
Layla, Natalya, Bellas, one of the Funkadactyls is meant to be good. I'm not saying I want to see any of that or that any of them would be good matches but that would get them through to the end of the year at least.

The Law
July 14th, 2013, 9:12 PM
It would be so easy to re-establish Natalya. A couple vignettes of her talking about growing up in the Hart family, showing her visiting The Dungeon, having Bret and Anvil and a couple of the other Harts talk about her. Then she comes back with a new look (leather jacket and shades during her entrance?) gets a few wins with the Running Powerslam and Sharpshooter. And she's back. Just like that. It would take like a month and a half, tops.

Felonious Punk
July 14th, 2013, 9:14 PM
It would be so easy to re-establish Natalya. A couple vignettes of her talking about growing up in the Hart family, showing her visiting The Dungeon, having Bret and Anvil and a couple of the other Harts talk about her. Then she comes back with a new look (leather jacket and shades during her entrance?) gets a few wins with the Running Powerslam and Sharpshooter. And she's back. Just like that. It would take like a month and a half, tops.

this :yes:

chatty
July 14th, 2013, 9:18 PM
Ryback made that roll-up look shit. Other than that it wasn't a bad match.

TooCool
Really? A rollup? Weakest way for Ryback to win.

G-Fresh
Ryback is so fuckin boring. He's the only dude that could make a Jericho match suck.

JT4104
:freak:.....

Felonious Punk
July 14th, 2013, 9:19 PM
Decent match for Ryback

Tainted Eclipse
July 14th, 2013, 9:19 PM
hahahaha. if it's intentional what they're doing with ryback, i like it.

Andy
July 14th, 2013, 9:24 PM
Great video package and nice to see Ziggler get a good reaction. Hard to call this one.

Kneeneighbor
July 14th, 2013, 9:24 PM
What if Ziggs loses, takes Kane's spot, win MITB and cashes in tonight?

I guess they have to find a way to get Del Rio back out in the ring.

TooCool
July 14th, 2013, 9:25 PM
What if Ziggs loses, takes Kane's spot, win MITB and cashes in tonight?

I guess they have to find a way to get Del Rio back out in the ring.

That "All-Stars" MITB match is for the WWE Title, not World Heavyweight Title.

mr sabu
July 14th, 2013, 9:26 PM
even bourne

Kneeneighbor
July 14th, 2013, 9:28 PM
That "All-Stars" MITB match is for the WWE Title, not World Heavyweight Title.

Oh yeah, so he could just cash in on Super Cena

Felonious Punk
July 14th, 2013, 9:30 PM
I'd be all for that

Andy
July 14th, 2013, 9:41 PM
Good match. Utterly nonsensical finish.

The Law
July 14th, 2013, 9:42 PM
Good match, lame finish. Unless AJ was deliberately trying to screw Dolph over, there's no reason she would have hit Del Rio there.

Tainted Eclipse
July 14th, 2013, 9:43 PM
eh. good match overall but having aj come down in the middle of it got the crowd out of it for a while. it feels like they were expecting a dirty finish shortly and it took a couple big spots to get them properly back into it.

TooCool
July 14th, 2013, 9:45 PM
Big E/Dolph feud coming up?

By the way, I'm excited to see how Damien Sandow cash in his contract. He's not going to "tease" a cash in over and over so this should be fun.