PDA

View Full Version : What are you buying?

The Rick
June 14th, 2013, 1:08 PM
E3 has now passed us by, and did it deliver. Much is know about the new offerings from Microsoft and Sony. With in the next year and a half, which do you plan to purchase? What handhelds are you wanting to pick up. Did anything tickle your fancy for the pc side? Does the android console Ouya have any market for your dollars?

Vote, share, discuss, whatever.

Bert
June 14th, 2013, 1:33 PM
PS3, probably around my birthday.

Peter Griffin
June 14th, 2013, 1:55 PM
I dont really buy any more as I just rent from lovefilm, but the games I am looking forward to the most are The Last of Us (out today but probably wont get the disc till next week), Remember Me, Beyond:Two Souls, and for the PS4, Kingdom Hearts 3 :hyper: :panic:

Matty C
June 14th, 2013, 1:56 PM
I will eventually purchase a PS4 seeing as they are not trying to kill off second hand sales. It won't be in the next year and a half though. Maybe two years... I'll get it though. I always do.

I didn't see this Ouya thing. I'll have to give that a look.

Fro
June 14th, 2013, 1:58 PM
None of the above, at least in the next year and a half. I was leaning towards PS4 but was pissed to find out they're going to XBL route and charging to play online.

Kdestiny
June 14th, 2013, 2:02 PM
My 360 just shat the bed, so with all of Microsoft seeming to do the same I will probably go with the PS4

The Rick
June 14th, 2013, 9:17 PM
Console wise, I will pick up the PS4 this fall(as long as there is enough). Maybe two, so I can sell one on the e-bays. They Ouya has intrigued me, but I need some games to give me a reason to pick it up. That goes double for the WiiU. Show me Mario, and Zelda. Put some cross functionality with my 3DS, and I'm sold.

The_Mike
June 14th, 2013, 9:36 PM
Like War Games, the only way I can see to win this generation is to not play at all.

But I'm a grump and becoming more of a casual player as time goes on. Actually I'm not sure casual is the word, I play games less but the ones I do are far from Angry Birds. I ploughed a stupid amount of time into Skyrim. I still play Morrowind now and then, and Baldur's Gate, and I am really loving Saint's Row 3 just now. I just seem to have found my niche and stuck there and ignore much of the mainstream releases. Nothing really jumps out at me as a must-buy, or even a must-play. There's a handful of games on the 3DS I am interested in so if I had a lot of money burning a hole in my pocket I'd get one, but I'd need to come into a fair amount of surplus cash to justify buying a console for Animal Crossing and some RPGs. I bought a second hand PS3 for GTAIV and FF13 and look how they turned out.

I suppose the idea of the Ouya very much, but I'd need to see what kind of games it attracts, and then I'd have to consider whether I feel like buying a console to play stuff that could easily be run on a PC. Even if the games were Android exclusive, I can't imagine what features the console would have that render this anything but an arbitrary state of affairs.

mr sabu
June 14th, 2013, 9:46 PM
id probly just go a wii u

for a few games

zelda, mario's, donkey kong, smash bros

Grimario
June 14th, 2013, 9:56 PM
I will likely pick up a PS4 sometime around my annual review at work when I get my bonus. Could possibly do it later this year when bonus time comes around however I've got no drama waiting another 12 months for a price decrease and some bundling to make it a little more viable.

Kyle_242
June 14th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Well I bought a 3DS last week, so I guess that?

Bert
June 14th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Well I bought a 3DS last week, so I guess that?

Buy Animal Crossing and give me and The Rick your friend code.

Atty
June 14th, 2013, 11:54 PM
I voted PS4 and Wii U. Not keen on the Wii U, but once Metroid/Zelda/Mario comes out, it'll be hard to avoid.

Olympus
June 15th, 2013, 8:41 AM
PS4 is preordered. I'm not COMPLETELY ruling out the Xbox One yet, but right now it's not looking good.

Bad Collin
June 15th, 2013, 11:25 AM
PS4 for me sometime next year. I'm not going near an Xbone unless they drop this DRM shit.

Beefy
June 15th, 2013, 1:24 PM
I'll be getting a PS4, probably Feb or March next year. Going to let the mass stampede at launch die down and wait for a few more games to be released whilst I try to clear some of my PS3 backlog. Must have 60 games unplayed or barely played.

I can see me picking up a Vita at some point too.

Morrison
June 15th, 2013, 7:40 PM
None of the above, at least in the next year and a half. I was leaning towards PS4 but was pissed to find out they're going to XBL route and charging to play online.

you've been spoiled up til now, no need to be pissed. at least with your ps plus subscription they'll give you a shit ton of free games and discounts that'll more than make up for the price tag of the subscription. can't say the same for live.

The Rick
June 15th, 2013, 10:10 PM
There's a handful of games on the 3DS I am interested in so if I had a lot of money burning a hole in my pocket I'd get one, but I'd need to come into a fair amount of surplus cash to justify buying a console for Animal Crossing and some RPGs. I bought a second hand PS3 for GTAIV and FF13 and look how they turned out.

There are some really good games in the e-shop. Push Mo, Crash Mo, VVVVV, and quite a few classic Game Boy games(Zelda Oracle games).

I suppose the idea of the Ouya very much, but I'd need to see what kind of games it attracts, and then I'd have to consider whether I feel like buying a console to play stuff that could easily be run on a PC. Even if the games were Android exclusive, I can't imagine what features the console would have that render this anything but an arbitrary state of affairs.

I keep on reading little blurbs about little indie projects that are considering the Ouya as an outlet. I want this system to take off, and encourage more little guys to step up and put out their passion projects.

Vice
June 15th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Yeah, if you have a 3DS you need to buy VVVVVV. It has leapfrogged a lot of excellent games to most likely be in my top 10 favorite games ever.

Kyle_242
June 16th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Buy Animal Crossing and give me and The Rick your friend code.

Ehhh I don't know about Animal Crossing. It intrigues me, but I'm not sure it intrigues me enough to go buy it over Fire Emblem right now.

Jacknife
June 21st, 2013, 10:52 AM
You have to pay to play online for PS4? That's pretty cool. I never understood why it was free.

Cewsh
June 21st, 2013, 10:53 AM
you've been spoiled up til now, no need to be pissed. at least with your ps plus subscription they'll give you a shit ton of free games and discounts that'll more than make up for the price tag of the subscription. can't say the same for live.

Yeah, I didn't realize until this week that if you pay $18 for the PS Plus subscription you get like 12 games for free. That's a ridiculous deal.

stylepoints
June 21st, 2013, 11:22 AM
I'm an xbox guy and don't want to abandon my gamerscore. Guess I'm stuck with Microsoft.

I've heard some nasty things about the kinect and the NSA that's just disturbing. What am I gonna do though, stop playing video games?

Cewsh
June 21st, 2013, 11:25 AM
You're loyal to your gamerscore? That's a new one.

Jez
June 21st, 2013, 11:30 AM
I imagine a load of people are buying an Xbox One so they can keep their 360 profile including their friends and their gamerscore. Now that Microsoft have locked people in to the network they feel compelled to upgrade just so they don't lose that. Luckily I don't have any mates so I won't miss my 360 profile when I jump ship to PS4.

Jacknife
June 21st, 2013, 11:32 AM
You're a loner? Like me?

Cewsh
June 21st, 2013, 11:32 AM
I love playing with Vice, Peach and Jette, but those fuckers can come to PS4 or lose me forever.

Pablo Diablo
June 21st, 2013, 1:30 PM
I'm an xbox guy and don't want to abandon my gamerscore. Guess I'm stuck with Microsoft.

I've heard some nasty things about the kinect and the NSA that's just disturbing. What am I gonna do though, stop playing video games?

Get a system that doesn't come with a built in listening device? Join the PS4 wagon.

Now that MS has learned the err in their ways I completely can understand people getting the One for its Halo exclusive. I'm a playstation guy but I enjoyed the hell out of the Halo games I played. Was shit at them but still had fun.

I just look more forward to the PS4 as a whole system. Will probably end up getting one as a Christmas gift to myself.

Cewsh
June 21st, 2013, 1:38 PM
Yeah, but the team that originally designed Halo and made it great have left and made a game called Destiny which looks amaaaaaaaazing.

stylepoints
June 21st, 2013, 2:15 PM
You're loyal to your gamerscore?

Bingo. If my gamerscore was a dick, it would be about 10 inches.

I think I might make the switch to ps4. I don't take everything Alex Jones says as fact. It's investigative journalism followed by speculation. He was right about the cell phone companies and there is a good chance he's right about the kinect. This is another covo for another thread though, but yeah, I'm leaning towards Sony this time around.

OD50
June 21st, 2013, 2:23 PM
http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Xbox-One-Kinect-Spying-NSA-PRISM-A-Target-Of-We-Are-Watching-You-Act-Of-2013-665x385.jpg

maxxmisery
June 21st, 2013, 5:24 PM
I'm buying a PS4, mostly just for a change of pace. I've enjoyed the hell out of my 360, but I'm ready for something different.

I've never been loyal to a brand of consoles, I typically switch around every gen to something different.

Hero!
June 21st, 2013, 5:50 PM
PS4, but I'll wait till the price comes down even just a bit.