View Full Version : Prince Devitt Press Conference

Defrost
June 10th, 2013, 4:37 AM
And if the fans don't like he don't give a fuck

Devitt comes in at 8:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsu9B6GOjQ8

Hero!
June 12th, 2013, 6:07 PM
God, I'd love to see him have both belts. With the momentum he's got going, I see him winning the heavyweight title very shortly.

Cewsh
June 12th, 2013, 6:11 PM
Let's not get crazy now. Japan is still a very different place. He's starting out as a hot midcarder, but for him to make it to serious title contention, it'll take him a number of victories, and a long time. Overcoming the Jr. stigma will be a challenge. Plus, holding the IWGP title over Okada and Tanahashi at this point will require him to have NUCLEAR heat.

He can get there, but New Japan has actual patience with its booking, so it wont be soon.

Defrost
June 12th, 2013, 6:19 PM
There is no doubt in my mind he beats Tanahashi at the PPV. Beating Okada for the belt I doubt though. I can see the IC title on him in short order.

Cewsh
June 12th, 2013, 6:20 PM
Yep. Tanahashi has reached the point where he can put people over. But nobody is taking the belt off of Okada until his run cools off.

Kimura Kid
June 12th, 2013, 6:33 PM
Seems like he's strung out on coke......

Cewsh
June 12th, 2013, 6:38 PM
I kind of haven't given enough credit to the fact that he went undefeated in the Super Jr. tournament and won the damn thing while champion. That is a crazy, crazy push thus far.

MikeHunt
June 12th, 2013, 6:44 PM
Seems like he's strung out on coke......

The words of a man who's never taken coke.

Kimura Kid
June 12th, 2013, 6:48 PM
The words of a man who's never taken coke.

The words of a man who's ignorant, belligerent & abrasive.

Judas Iscariot
June 12th, 2013, 7:03 PM
:lol:

This Prince Devitt character seems like a good time.

Kimura Kid
June 12th, 2013, 7:09 PM
:lol:

This Prince Devitt character seems like a good time.

Grado seems like a better time. :lol:

Judas Iscariot
June 12th, 2013, 7:17 PM
The words of a man who's never taken Grado.

MikeHunt
June 12th, 2013, 7:20 PM
The words lf a man whos never seeb the grado!
Don't ever speak ill of grado.

Kimura Kid
June 12th, 2013, 7:38 PM
Grado is intriguing even for a yank like myself

Hero!
June 12th, 2013, 7:47 PM
I kind of haven't given enough credit to the fact that he went undefeated in the Super Jr. tournament and won the damn thing while champion. That is a crazy, crazy push thus far.

Exactly. I feel like New Japan really wants to put him over as a monster gaijin who is just destroying the Japanese competition (with cheating). He's got the credibility and he's been there long enough to be a pretty big name. He's got the JR title and two-time (and no undefeated) Super Junior under his belt, adding the Heavyweight title to that would easily make Devitt the most hated and targeted man in the company.

I say...just pull the trigger. Fuck convention and make him champ.

Cewsh
June 12th, 2013, 8:24 PM
Well, taking the title off of Okada right now would be ridiculous. They're making him into their biggest star and he just won it like 2 months ago. But Devitt winning it down the line could definitely be great.

DDT
June 12th, 2013, 8:37 PM
Exactly; Devitt isn't half-over enough to take the belt off of Okada right now. Hell he's barely over enough to be put over heavyweights.