PDA

View Full Version : Scariest scenes in film/TV

Jacknife
June 6th, 2013, 9:16 AM
What are some of the scariest scenes you've ever seen?

For me:

As a kid I was terrified of The Troll. When the ball bounces down the stares and the girl goes to get it, absolutely terrified. However, as an adult, I did not find it scary.

In Ernest Scared Stupid, when the girl looks under the bed, then gets back into bed, turns around and there is a troll there. Haven't seen that scene in a while but I remember it being scary.

The Ring, when she comes out of the TV. Or climbing the well wall.

Insisious, when the ghost boy is dancing to Tiny Tim.

Peter Griffin
June 6th, 2013, 9:41 AM
I have no idea what the film was, but when I was a kid me and my nephew somehow ended up watching a film with this talking doll in a cot, that played on my mind for a good while. The ring, the grudge, exorcism of Emily Rose, dead silence, The Haunting in Connecticut, The Omen and Amityville horror all had moments to me, then again I am a bit of a wimp :nono:

lotjx
June 6th, 2013, 11:18 AM
The opening of Jaws.

FaSho34
June 6th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Anything with a music box in a horror film.

Olympus
June 6th, 2013, 12:02 PM
There was an old horror movie called Witchboard about a ouija board that I saw when I was just a little kid. It scared the living fuck out of me, and even now, that movie is hard to watch.

The scene at the lake at the end, construction scene, and the shower scene all traumatized me.

JP
June 6th, 2013, 12:13 PM
The loudest I've ever screamed while watching a film was when Jigsaw stood up at the end of Saw.

Less scary, more the realisation and crushing of hope.

Jacknife
June 6th, 2013, 1:03 PM
I don't tend to get scared much these days. I think I've seen so many horror films that everything is watered down. I must say however that I was scared a couple of nights ago while watching an episode of the X Files. It's the one where the bowling alley owner sees an apparition in the lane.

The_Mike
June 6th, 2013, 1:19 PM
I don't tend to get scared much these days. I think I've seen so many horror films that everything is watered down. I must say however that I was scared a couple of nights ago while watching an episode of the X Files. It's the one where the bowling alley owner sees an apparition in the lane.

The one where she is me keeps appearing on mirrors and stuff? Scared the hell out of me as a kid, by far the most frightening episode of TV I ever watched.

The episode of Buffy (of all things) where they bring back her mother from the dead was pretty creepy too.

Jacknife
June 6th, 2013, 1:26 PM
The one where she is me keeps appearing on mirrors and stuff? Scared the hell out of me as a kid, by far the most frightening episode of TV I ever watched.

The episode of Buffy (of all things) where they bring back her mother from the dead was pretty creepy too.

Yes, that's the one! Very creepy.

Matty C
June 6th, 2013, 1:50 PM
That scene from Troll sticks out in my mind too actually. We must be around the same age.

The entire movie PuppetMaster is terrifying to me and has been since I was a child. There is just something completely creepy about those damned puppets. There is no scene in particular that I can think of but that's mostly because I can't even watch the stupid thing all the way through. And I'm not normally like that.

Definitely when she came out of the TV in The Ring. In fact The Ring is the scariest movie I've ever seen in theatres, hands down. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Upon repeat viewings it loses it's edge but that first viewing in the theatre was INTENSE.

There is a random scene in the updated Exorcist where a crazy demon-like black and white image just randomly pops up in a dark spot that gets me every time. It's not even all that noticeable but I think that's what gets me.

The final scene in Paranormal Activity was pretty intense. When she just tosses the dude at the camera.

There are more but I have a crap memory.

Jacknife
June 6th, 2013, 1:53 PM
There is a random scene in the updated Exorcist where a crazy demon-like black and white image just randomly pops up in a dark spot that gets me every time. It's not even all that noticeable but I think that's what gets me.

Yes, definitely. Also, when she does the spider walk down the stairs in the updated Exorcist, pretty damn freaky.

Tyson
June 6th, 2013, 1:55 PM
Arachnophobia. All of it.

FaSho34
June 6th, 2013, 2:00 PM
All of the movie the Room

Peter Griffin
June 6th, 2013, 2:00 PM
I forgot to mention Fourth Kind, not scared as such but made me jump to fuck.

The_Mike
June 6th, 2013, 2:12 PM
Fourth Kind was pretty unsettling, had a Twin Peaks vibe to it as well. It was a strange film, I couldn't even tell you if I liked it or not, but it was definitely an experience.

Vice
June 6th, 2013, 2:42 PM
I think it was The House on Haunted Hill, but I'm not positive.

There was a scene where a guy was walking around some dark hallways using his camcorder's night vision to see. He comes across some old medical room and sees a bunch of doctors working on a patient. He lowers the camcorder and sees that no one is actually in that room. Then he raises it and we see the doctors and patient again. And then they all slowly turn to look right at him.

I don't know why I find that so scary, but fuck. I saw it ages ago and still creeps me out just thinking about it.

Mr_Nobody
June 6th, 2013, 3:02 PM
The scene in Jaws where Ben Gardner's mangled face drops down in the bottom of the boat where Hooper is investigating under the water. Still makes me jump.

I'm a horror lover and run a haunted house, so there haven't been many movies to actually make me jump. I do really like the ending of SAW though, because I didn't see it. My jaw hit the floor when he sat up.

Also The Descent is one of the creepier movies in the last 10 years, and the whole thing had that edge of my seat feel to it.

I know it's not the most popular horror movie, but the last 5 minutes of the Blair Witch Project were great and still creepy as hell.

Anaconda Sniper
June 6th, 2013, 3:04 PM
Arachnophobia. All of it.

OMG this. If any of you can watch this movie and not check your bed sheets, clothes, shoes any of that after watching this movie..you are the bravest person ever. Other than that the only two movies that ever scared the shit out of me were the exorcist and original texas chainsaw massacre. I've seen a lot of horror movies..even stuff like henry and cannibal holocuast but they don't put fear through me like exorcist and texas chanisaw did. Jaws terrified me too..got me so scared to even get in a pool.

VHS
June 6th, 2013, 3:53 PM
This scene filled me with so much fear when I was a little guy. It's the reason why I was ever afraid of the dark or the feeling of being watched. So creepy!

That dang fireplace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuWGgqDKugI

The Rick
June 6th, 2013, 7:22 PM
The housekeeping scene in the Devil's Rejects. what's on the girl's face? her boyfriend's face

http://movieclips.com/iy7vA-the-devils-rejects-movie-housekeeping/

lotjx
June 6th, 2013, 8:59 PM
Yes, definitely. Also, when she does the spider walk down the stairs in the updated Exorcist, pretty damn freaky.

I have a great Exorcist story, if you would let me indulge. If not, please skip this comment.

My then college girlfriend wanted to see the updated version on Halloween night. I have lived in this terror of this film when my father said he couldn't sleep for three days after seeing it. I have seen bits and pieces of it, but never the whole way through. So, I agreed to take her if she spent the night. We go and of course there is a bunch of frat guys and sorotity girls in the front row. Anyone who knows this film knows its a slow burn, so the college kids are getting noisy and shit. Then the spider walk happened which freaked me out and so did the entire theater. The kids settle down and start getting talky again about the film being boring then the masturbation crucifix scene. I have never seen so many people lose their shit at any point in time. For the rest of the movie those kids sat in total fear and screamed at everything. Now, I didn't get any that night, because she wasn't in the mood honestly I wasn't in the mood either due to closing my eyes and saying that fucking face. Yet, the terrified and shaking looks of those college kids was almost as good as sex, almost.

Hero!
June 6th, 2013, 9:48 PM
^ The Exorcist used to scare me a kid, but it just makes me laugh now. The whole thing is just ridiculously funny.

This scene from the 1974 Texas Chainsaw gives me chills every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSIQTnJWtD0

The pure terror on this girls face is something that can't just be accomplished by acting. To set the scene, all of the food and stuff on the table had actually been sitting there for days creating an awful, awful aroma. The skeleton was an actual human skeleton (purchased from India or something). Her finger being cut was done for real as they couldn't get the fake blood tube to work. The acting is just terrifying and the music sets such a great tone. The close up of the eye, the evil laughing, just knowing that this girl is fucked....I just love it all. This is horror.

Edit: Have to add this scene from Cannibal Holocaust:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z2pMvZn43k

This got this movie banned in just about every country for the extreme violence. One of the earliest (first?) movies to use "realistic documentary" style, people were convinced that all of this at the end was real and that people were actually killed. Just a really badass and violent scene, moreso than scary, but it can be a little hard to stomach.

Mr_Nobody
June 6th, 2013, 9:49 PM
Found this on Youtube. Some of them are pretty good, others, not sure why they're on this video, but still fun to watch.

http://youtu.be/nE6Cplghxik

Simmo Fortyone
June 9th, 2013, 3:59 AM
The loudest I've ever screamed while watching a film was when Jigsaw stood up at the end of Saw.

Less scary, more the realisation and crushing of hope.
Yep, only scene in recent history that gave me a genuine fright.

That evil wolf motherfucker in the Neverending Story scared the piss out of me as a kid. Triggered a mild 'Nam flashback when I watched it recently.

VHS
June 11th, 2013, 11:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlMnpVCUdtE

Atty
June 12th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Indy 4. Never have I been so terrified at what I was seeing.

Bill Casey
June 12th, 2013, 1:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc2cPuwpqTg

What I love about this scene: There's no supernatural elements, very little gore, and no cheap jump scares. It's completely plausible, and you spend the bulk of the film seeing the monster being made...
And the monster is the dark side of ourselves...

Mills
June 12th, 2013, 1:11 AM
There was this scene on Fringe when Rebecca Mader dies then they bring her back to life, and her eyes are just CRAZY looking, it freaked me out big time. Let me see if I can find it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1erSflAT9Q

Bert
June 12th, 2013, 3:30 AM
Now that's eye acting.

Mills
June 12th, 2013, 9:23 PM
I know you love the Fringe too Bert, crazy looking right?