PDA

View Full Version : E3: 2013

The Rick
June 1st, 2013, 11:16 PM
It's coming. The Electronic Entertainment Expo will be held June 11-13, 2013, at the Los Angeles Convention Center, L.A.

Here are the big confirmed press conferences.

Company - Time
Microsoft - Monday, June 10th @ 9:30AM PT
EA - Monday, June 10th @ 1PM PT [1]
Ubisoft - Monday, June 10th @ 3PM PT
Sony - Monday, June 10th @ 6PM PT
Nintendo - Canceled

And that is right. Nintendo will not have a big press conference. Instead it will hold a few smaller "events" during the week. Nintendo has be obsessed with controlling the message about anything to do with their company.

ign (http://www.ign.com/wikis/e3/Big_Games_at_E3_2013) has a list of all "confirmed" games that will appear during E3. There will be many more that will pop up as surprises.

Until then maybe we can delve into some discussion.
What are you looking forward too?
What companies need to show the most to earn you money?
Will you be watching any of the press conferences?
What mystery announcement(s) would you most like to see?

blackening
June 1st, 2013, 11:31 PM
Nintendo is not having a traditional press conference, but they will be showing a new 3D Mario and Mario kart game that I will be very interested in seeing. It could lead to me buying a Wii U.

I'm interested in learning more about the X-Box One and the PS4. Will we be finding out prices?

Olympus
June 2nd, 2013, 7:51 AM
I'm expecting prices and release dates on both. Also, Sony would be wise to make some PS4 reveals that directly counter some of Microsoft's more questionable ones. I wouldn't be surprised if they handled things using more of the same though.

Jez
June 3rd, 2013, 4:03 AM
The fact that Sony's conference is 9 hours after Microsoft's give them a little bit of time to counter any big announcements with their own so it should be an interesting day. I'm hoping for exact prices for both but I wouldn't be surprised if they both left it until closer to release to confirm them.

The Rogerer
June 3rd, 2013, 5:17 AM
I know people always look for repeating history, but I wonder if Sony will reenact their victory of the Playstation 1 vs the Saturn here.

The Rick
June 9th, 2013, 12:28 AM
So many sites are making their E3 predictions(wish lists). Why not do our own. Post 5(or less) for each of the console companies. Then 5 on top of that from the rest of the industry.

Microsoft
1. Microsoft Unveils Halo 5
2. Microsoft tries to re-explain the online DRM, and always online
3. Microsoft has secret music artist during press conference. My money says Kanye West
4. 5 plus minutes spent on "bad" kinect game(anything not Dance Central).
5. Microsoft gives out prices(2 SKUs to begin with), but no release date in place yet

Sony
1. Sony will price their system, but will also not release exact date it will come out.
2. Media Molecule will reveal a game, and it will not be Little Big Planet nor will it be Tearaway related
3. Sony will not address their used game details, but will issue a press release about it later
4. The Last Guardian will be rebranded a PS4 game.
5. Sony will reveal at least 10 new PS Vita games(not all at the press conference). Metacritic only shows 12 titles on the "upcoming" schedule on Vita.

Nintendo

1. Nintendo will announce that GTA V will come to the WiiU, but no date will be announced
2. A new Metroid title will be announced for WiiU
3. Gameboy Advanced games will be announced for the 3DS e-shop
4. Smash Bros. will be shown. and since it is Namco that is developing it, Jin Kazama(Tekken) will be announced as a playable character.
5. A new Star Fox will be announced for the WiiU.

Rest of industry

1. EA reafirms their position on dropping "online passes"
2. The Ouya (http://www.ouya.tv) announces at least 5 timed exclusive titels(games that appear on the system first)
3. Blizzard will flash the title of their new MMO project during the Activision press conference
4. Beyond Good and Evil 2 will be announced as a timed exclusive for the XBOX One.
5. Warner Bros. will show off Rocksteady's(Batman Arkham Asylum/City) new game.

Atty
June 9th, 2013, 12:44 AM
My wild prediction: EA announces an agreement with Disney and BioWare to make KOTOR 3. No date released and its for PS4/Xbox.

Pablo Diablo
June 10th, 2013, 12:14 PM
And the first announcement of E3....Kinect Sports Rivals.

Well it can only get better.

The Rick
June 10th, 2013, 12:41 PM
the top page of ign (http://www.ign.com) is currently running live E3 coverage.

Pablo Diablo
June 10th, 2013, 12:44 PM
MGS5 looking good. Really excited for that one.

*edit* I'll just keep updating this until someone else posts.

Releasing free games with Live Gold membership now.

I've never played this tank game. Has anyone here played it and is it good?

Also still need to pick up the original Dark Souls. I've played Demon Souls but could never beat it. Want to give Dark Souls a try.

Pablo Diablo
June 10th, 2013, 1:01 PM
OH SHIT KILLER INSTINCT

Hlebsfall
June 10th, 2013, 1:04 PM
I'm watching this as well. That Ryse looked like an abomination. Literally 'QTE's: The Game.'

Pablo Diablo
June 10th, 2013, 1:09 PM
Yeah was not a big fan of that Ryse game.

All these car games do make cars look so beautiful. End of the day though you go XBOX you get Forza you go Playstation you get GT. Although the PS4 GT may be a long ways away.

This drivatar seems like a much better version of B-Spec.

Hlebsfall
June 10th, 2013, 1:11 PM
I can't believe the best they could come up with was Drivatar.

VHS
June 10th, 2013, 1:15 PM
It's nice to see Max Payne again.

Pablo Diablo
June 10th, 2013, 1:20 PM
The incorporation of tablets and phones with Smartglass has lots of promise.

This game Spark falls in the same line as LBP to me. Not really my type of game but I can see people enjoying it.

Cewsh
June 10th, 2013, 1:23 PM
Man, Spark looks fucking impressive. If it's actually intuitive, I could lose weeks to it.

ReDPath
June 10th, 2013, 1:26 PM
Smash Bros 4 and Mario Kart 17 will likely, moreover literally be the only reasons to purchase the next Wii, as they were the only reasons to purchase a last generation Nintendo console.

Mostly because their the only two franchises that offer a good mix of zany/competitive play while mixing in a bunch of beloved Nintendo icons. Eventually they too, will become repetitive platformers especially Mario Kart, but for now they are what keeps me coming back to Nintendo, and anyone else I suspect who has an interest in Nintendo.

To be fair, I have nothing against platformers, they have charm but they lack innovation. I mean what's been the most innovative thing Mario has done? Gone 4 players in side scrollers most recently?

I'm not saying we need Link to roam around the streets of Hyrule offing village people with an ak47 while Zelda works at the local strip club. I'm saying those franchises need some fucking innovation really. Try something a bit different even if pisses off the fanboys who want the same game 10 times over.

At the same time, I look at XBOX/PS these days as nothing more than consoles who hold back PC gaming because DEV's are money hungry these days. So they wanna port everything over to consoles. In some cases you can just tell when a game was made for PC but got ported to console, and vice versa.

Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 are PRIME EXAMPLES of this.

Left 4 Dead 1 was a PC game first and foremost primarily developed through an indy dev team called Turtle Rock. Then Valve came in late in the process, bought the IP, finished development and decided it should also be on the XBOX.

Then Left 4 Dead 2 comes along. They scrap a lot of visual features to compensate for the XBOX360 in what ends up being a console game that was more or less ported to the PC as a console game. It was a not a PC game.

To me that's all PS/XBOX do these days. Hinder PC game development. Sure, they have their platformers as well, but like Nintendo, lack innovation as well.

Its not like your going to see Snake jump around a side scrolling environment, using a cape to fly anytime soon.

Pablo Diablo
June 10th, 2013, 1:29 PM
So yeah. Social is going to be a big thing next generation. If you want it to be.

And I know it's been announced before but yes, Real money is a good idea.

Hlebsfall
June 10th, 2013, 1:42 PM
Dead Rising 3. Looks nothing like the previous 2 games.

Pablo Diablo
June 10th, 2013, 1:43 PM
Yes. Love a press conference failure.

VHS
June 10th, 2013, 1:44 PM
Oh wow, this is embarrassing. :(

Pablo Diablo
June 10th, 2013, 1:56 PM
Unsurprisingly Halo was announced but it was definitely something that had to be announced. I'd imagine it will be Holiday 2014 but wouldn't be surprised if it was a summer 2014.

Released in November. $499 or €499 or £429.

Titanfall could be a promising new IP.

The_Mike
June 10th, 2013, 2:02 PM
499 Euro is 661 US Dollars. £429 is $668. So Europeans and Brits get shafted for an extra 160 bucks. There's a surprise...

Pablo Diablo
June 10th, 2013, 2:10 PM
I expect the same will happen with playstation. You guys get screwed over there.

VHS
June 10th, 2013, 2:12 PM
All these titles have made it difficult to distinguish these games apart from each other. They all look the same to me. The graphics were hugely elevated, but none of these games feel like GAMES rather than cinematic experiences. The only one that I found myself enjoying was Dead Rising 3. Other than that, the titles themselves have made the big picture seem generically generic.

Wonderful show though despite some hiccups. It'll definitely serve as an effective distraction from all the cons that have been the topic of discussion since ONE's reveal.

Cewsh
June 10th, 2013, 2:17 PM
:lol:

A tidal wave of bad press and a $500 price point? It's the PS3 all over again. What a nightmare Microsoft have walked into.

The_Mike
June 10th, 2013, 2:23 PM
All these titles have made it difficult to distinguish these games apart from each other. They all look the same to me. The graphics were hugely elevated, but none of these games feel like GAMES rather than cinematic experiences. The only one that I found myself enjoying was Dead Rising 3. Other than that, the titles themselves have made the big picture seem generically generic.

Wonderful show though despite some hiccups. It'll definitely serve as an effective distraction from all the cons that have been the topic of discussion since ONE's reveal.

Used to be the holy grail if a player couldn't tell the difference between a cutscene and actual gameplay, but the shiny plastic graphics I'm seeing coupled with constant QTEs and canned animations make me think it's not only graphical advancements that are making it hard to tell the difference. Generic is right.

Not sure how this will serve as a distraction from the enormous cons about this console, though. "Look, shiny pretty games" is all well and good, but there's still the problem of having to meet with your parole officer every day just to be allowed to play them. And there's the price, and the middle finger to everyone not living in urban America, and the outright theft of property rights.

Pablo Diablo
June 10th, 2013, 2:26 PM
At first I thought the $500 price point was ridiculous but then I flipped over to reading the apple WWDC and remembered people pay that much for an iPad. It is more than a WiiU but that was expected. Where the PS4 prices itself will determine if it's a big mistake. But I don't see the PS4 being that much cheaper if it is at all.

VHS
June 10th, 2013, 2:33 PM
Used to be the holy grail if a player couldn't tell the difference between a cutscene and actual gameplay, but the shiny plastic graphics I'm seeing coupled with constant QTEs and canned animations make me think it's not only graphical advancements that are making it hard to tell the difference. Generic is right.

Not sure how this will serve as a distraction from the enormous cons about this console, though. "Look, shiny pretty games" is all well and good, but there's still the problem of having to meet with your parole officer every day just to be allowed to play them. And there's the price, and the middle finger to everyone not living in urban America, and the outright theft of property rights.

I don't know, I'm still clutching my opinion that there will be enough mindless consumers out there that will buy the XBOX ONE regardless of their trepidations. And the whole "Look, shiny pretty games" still pertains. Gamers are easy to disappoint, but they're also easy to forgive/forget what happened less than a month ago.

That said, I can't stress how much I dislike what video games have become. It's not about skill anymore, it's all about being led through an experience rather than controlling it how you'd like.

Cewsh
June 10th, 2013, 2:34 PM
At first I thought the $500 price point was ridiculous but then I flipped over to reading the apple WWDC and remembered people pay that much for an iPad. It is more than a WiiU but that was expected. Where the PS4 prices itself will determine if it's a big mistake. But I don't see the PS4 being that much cheaper if it is at all.

You're right, but I do think that the mainstream market has spoken in terms of how much they're willing to spend on a console, and that number is $300.

Matty C
June 10th, 2013, 2:53 PM
I don't care what it costs (well, I do, but you know what I mean) if tries to kill second hand sales I will be pissed. SUPER PISSED.

Jenova
June 10th, 2013, 5:55 PM
Was excited to hear KI was coming back but was disappointed when I saw the trailer. Looks like a re-hash of MvC3.

Hlebsfall
June 10th, 2013, 6:59 PM
This Ubisoft conference has been like watching a car crash. For an hour. Aisha Tyler should stick to voice work on Archer.

Bert
June 10th, 2013, 7:03 PM
TRIALS FUSION ON PC :hyper:

Pablo Diablo
June 10th, 2013, 7:04 PM
DANGERZONE

Pablo Diablo
June 10th, 2013, 7:14 PM
This game looks awesome. In concept.

Sadly I'm sure in reality the voice communication won't be anything as team coherent and much more OMG ARE YOU A CHICK TITS OR GTFO
*edit I'm talking about The Division by the way

The Rick
June 10th, 2013, 7:28 PM
Just got home. I'm starting with the EA presser. Thoughts to follow.

The_Mike
June 10th, 2013, 9:25 PM

Other than what Cewsh said, everybody knows the iPad is massively over-priced because it has a partly eaten apple on it. I suspect that the kind of people who would be ok with plonking down too much money for a games machine already have an Alienware laptop. And in an absolutely abysmal economy, who is buying their kids $500 toys that do what the old one did but with less convenience and slightly shinier pictures?

I don't know, I'm still clutching my opinion that there will be enough mindless consumers out there that will buy the XBOX ONE regardless of their trepidations. And the whole "Look, shiny pretty games" still pertains. Gamers are easy to disappoint, but they're also easy to forgive/forget what happened less than a month ago.

I see your point, I guess I just hope you're wrong. This time feels a bit different to me, I think Microsoft may have gone too far to really get away with it, because rather than the piecemeal usurping of consumer rights that the industry has been gradually undertaking for the past decade, this is just a full on "fuck you, you're a crook and we're going to treat you like one and make you pay for the privilege". It is so radical I think even gamers have actually noticed, and I haven't seen a lot of forgiveness yet following the E3 conference, but I guess we'll see around launch time.

That said, I can't stress how much I dislike what video games have become. It's not about skill anymore, it's all about being led through an experience rather than controlling it how you'd like.

Completely agree. Mainstream games for the most part seem to have become amusement park rides. You walk in, pay a huge amount of money for a very short period of on-rails entertainment, and Sim City even lets you enjoy queuing up for an hour before you get what you paid for.

Pablo Diablo
June 10th, 2013, 9:42 PM
OMG The PS4 is a box. What a shocker.

Ummm Sony. You do remember Microsoft got panned for this right. This other media bit better not be longer than a couple minutes. ok good. or not. fucks sake sony.

The Rick
June 10th, 2013, 9:48 PM
My EA video cut out 2/3 into it. But here are some quick thoughts

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
I looked like it had some good ideas. The video made me kinda queazy though.

Peggle 2
No trailer, just announce the title. Good enough for me. LOVED THE FIRST.

Titan Fall
Looks real good. The guys at respond know multiplayer. I'm not a big mech fan, but this is now on my radar.

Star Wars: Battlefront
Nerdgasim for the Star Wars fans.

Need for Speed: Rivals
I do not trust EA racing games not done by criterion. The visuals looked nice, but the handling looked as stiff as it usually is when not handled by criterion. Time will tell though.

NBA Live
They have thrown so much money at this franchise without releasing a title. The independent ball physics sounds all and good, but it took NHL 2 years until they got the intricacies of puck physics down. Not too confident that they have a bouncing ball down pat.

Madden
New O-line and D-line play? Bullshit, until they prove it. They have said this for a few times previous.

Fifa
I really didn't see anything that wowed me from the trailer. Many of the players' faces look like they need to shit. The clothing looks to ripple a bit more, but not sure if that is CG, or gameplay.

UFC
Need to see much more from this, but I'm interested. I liked the THQ UFC games, and I hope they can take pieces of what worked from there.

stream dropped...

The Rick
June 10th, 2013, 9:49 PM
SHU!!!!!!

Beer-Belly
June 10th, 2013, 9:58 PM
OMG The PS4 is a box. What a shocker.

Ummm Sony. You do remember Microsoft got panned for this right. This other media bit better not be longer than a couple minutes. ok good. or not. fucks sake sony.

Who cares what it looks like? It's a console, not sports car.

Pablo Diablo
June 10th, 2013, 9:59 PM
I know. I was mocking all the people who made a big deal that playstation didn't show what the PS4 looked like when it was announced.

Beer-Belly
June 10th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Ah. I see.

Sony would have to actively try to botch this to lose the advantage.

VHS
June 10th, 2013, 10:11 PM
ODDWORLD!!!

:hyper:

Final Fantasy is the gayest shlock in the world.

Pablo Diablo
June 10th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Yay awkward moment 2.0

VHS
June 10th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Brutal.

The Rick
June 10th, 2013, 10:26 PM
I'm kinda Assassined out at this point.

Pablo Diablo
June 10th, 2013, 10:42 PM
And that confirms they win it.

The Rick
June 10th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Microsoft, you have been slapped.

Oh Trenton, you had them at supports used games.

Grimario
June 10th, 2013, 10:44 PM
And that confirms they win it.

For those of us stuck at work behind poxy proxies that don't permit streaming... what is "that"?

Pablo Diablo
June 10th, 2013, 10:44 PM
They're just doing a rundown of things people hated about the Xbox One. Just straight up smack-talk.

But I expect there will be a catch coming up soon. Like a PSN cost / a high PS4 cost.

The Rick
June 10th, 2013, 10:45 PM
They're just doing a rundown of things people hated about the Xbox One. Just straight up smack-talk.

But I expect there will be a catch coming up soon. Like a PSN cost / a high PS4 cost.

If it's 399. They destroy, and I preorder tomorrow.

Pablo Diablo
June 10th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Yup looking like there will be a cost for multiplayer PSN. Seems you will need PS+ in order to play PS4 online games.

I had a hunch it would be coming but was hoping it wouldn't.

Beer-Belly
June 10th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Blech. At least the PS4 won't spy on me.

Pablo Diablo
June 10th, 2013, 11:03 PM
If it's 399. They destroy, and I preorder tomorrow.

So preordering tomorrow?

And I was right about how Europe would be screwed by the price as much.

The Rick
June 10th, 2013, 11:04 PM
So preordering tomorrow?

And I was right about how Europe would be screwed by the price as much.

Yup. 50 dollars have been saved for preordering purposes.

Beer-Belly
June 10th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Is it officially $399?

Pablo Diablo
June 10th, 2013, 11:08 PM
So I'm surprised at no Uncharted 4 or God of War mention but outside of that, and the likelihood that PS+ is required (although to be fair everyone here has loved it so much I was planning to pick it up anyways), they definitely won their battle with Microsoft today.

Now time for Nintendo Direct to give us some good stuff to make me consider the WiiU.

Yup officially $399

The Rick
June 10th, 2013, 11:13 PM
I'm not. They are wanting to push new IPs. This is the place to do that. I did want to see more for Vita. I think we will see more things come out over the next few days, as journalists walk the floors.

Beer-Belly
June 10th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Christ, Sony has objectively won this thing.

blackening
June 10th, 2013, 11:31 PM
So is Nintendo doing their stuff tomorrow? Any chance we see a Wii U price cut this fall?

Pablo Diablo
June 10th, 2013, 11:34 PM
Nintendo isn't having a traditional press conference. They're putting out a nintendo direct video. Nice and early in the morning.

The Rick
June 10th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Nintendo isn't having a traditional press conference. They're putting out a nintendo direct video. Nice and early in the morning.

And they are hurting bad. WIth 3rd parties pulling titles like its going out of style, Nintendo needs to bring out the big guns. Get gamers out and buy a system, hell get the Nintendo fans to come out and buy their system. Pack Nintendo land, and Mario 1-3 for purchasing the system. Something.

Pablo Diablo
June 10th, 2013, 11:40 PM
I haven't really looked seriously at getting a Wii U yet bu I thought Nintendo Land was already packed with the WiiU. And yeah they are hurting. Rumours of retailers pulling the basic WiiU isn't a good sign. Unless they're putting something else in its place. I think they need a price cut tomorrow.

Grimario
June 10th, 2013, 11:41 PM
$599 for Xbox One, $549 for PS4.

Meh. For something I use to watch iView (TI uh oh will know what I mean) and play shitty laggy FIFA clubs games on, really not worth it for a long while yet.

The Rick
June 10th, 2013, 11:43 PM
I haven't really looked seriously at getting a Wii U yet bu I thought Nintendo Land was already packed with the WiiU. And yeah they are hurting. Rumours of retailers pulling the basic WiiU isn't a good sign. Unless they're putting something else in its place. I think they need a price cut tomorrow.

It is on the "premium" version. But they need to do more. Much more. Offer a Nintendo Plus program or something. Start giving a subscription service like PS+, and start with a Wii title, GBA title, SNES title, and NES title a month.

The Rick
June 10th, 2013, 11:45 PM
My dear god :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKdBecUSGP0

Pablo Diablo
June 10th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Haha.

Also on that video at the end you get the confirmation that PS Plus is required for multiplayer access.

The Rick
June 10th, 2013, 11:57 PM
I liked "The Crew" from Ubisoft. It looks like Burnout in an MMO format. This might be the racing game to buy for with my PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6aSa84OfFw

The Rogerer
June 11th, 2013, 4:14 AM
Sony delivered a stunner to MS. I saw the undercut coming.

Bad Collin
June 11th, 2013, 4:30 AM
Yes! Sony came through for us. I'm very tempted by a pre order now.

mr sabu
June 11th, 2013, 4:49 AM
if i got an xbox one....

killer instinct is a defo skip ( it's made by the same people who made, g.i. joe rise of the cobra, green lantern and battleship )

JP
June 11th, 2013, 5:01 AM
That's set in stone for me now, jumping back to the Playstation.

Hlebsfall
June 11th, 2013, 5:12 AM
Killer Instinct is also free on day one, but is going to have one playable character, with the rest of the game being DLC. It's like Microsoft are going out of their way to fuck things up.

The_Mike
June 11th, 2013, 8:56 AM
So Final Fantasy XV turned face by taking off its nWo shirt and revealing it's not really connected to the utterly awful FFXIII franchise? Um... yay? Looks like it plays a bit like Devil May Cry and I still saw lots of running down corridors and random, silly words like Fabula Novala Crystallis or whatever. I am not getting an XBox One no matter what, and I seriously doubt this game will tempt me to get a PS4. I got burned badly when I got a PS3 specifically for GTAIV and FFXIII, but Square apparently has more to say about 'the future of Final Fantasy' today so I'll give them a listen at least.

Pablo Diablo
June 11th, 2013, 9:56 AM
Ok so after calming down a bit about the excitement about the PS4 being cheaper. It's really only cheaper if you never plan on using kinect/move. Since the PS4 isn't coming with the eye included you would have to go out and buy the $60 eye and then any additional wands/controllers. That being said I'm not planning on using kinect/move and bringing your entry price in at a lower level and allowing for the upgrades is the better decision. Now for Nintendo Direct.

God I'm having to use the Europe feed. The NA feed is lagging like hell.

Ah there we are Mario Kart 8. Looks like a better looking version of Mario Kart Wii. Which isn't a bad thing at all.

Pablo Diablo
June 11th, 2013, 10:39 AM
The new Mario didn't really excite me that much. Mario Kart and Smash will probably be what leads me to get the WiiU if at all. Still leaning towards getting a PS4 at some stage.

Simon
June 11th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Having seen the differences between the new Sony and Microsoft consoles, clearly the new PS looks much better, but one issue people have with the new X-Box I don't quite get - the targeted advertising. Maybe this has already been discussed, but why do people have a problem with this? Surely it's better to get adverts aimed at you based on what you might like, rather than blanket ads that 90% of the time don't interest you? Maybe it ties in with my general indifference to having my privacy 'violated' the way some people do, but I just can't see why anyone would have a massive issue with this. Same with the always-on camera - Microsoft doesn't care that you can only complete a successful masturbate if you're completely naked except for your socks.

Pablo Diablo
June 11th, 2013, 12:43 PM
So Final Fantasy XV turned face by taking off its nWo shirt and revealing it's not really connected to the utterly awful FFXIII franchise? Um... yay? Looks like it plays a bit like Devil May Cry and I still saw lots of running down corridors and random, silly words like Fabula Novala Crystallis or whatever. I am not getting an XBox One no matter what, and I seriously doubt this game will tempt me to get a PS4. I got burned badly when I got a PS3 specifically for GTAIV and FFXIII, but Square apparently has more to say about 'the future of Final Fantasy' today so I'll give them a listen at least.

Well both Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV are going to be on the One as well. so if that was anyones swing game don't let it be anymore.

Same with the always-on camera - Microsoft doesn't care that you can only complete a successful masturbate if you're completely naked except for your socks.

As for that Simon people are very concerned about their privacy. Especially with the whole NSA thing that's breaking right now.
I don't personally think I'd be affected by many of the things that Microsoft are bringing with the One but I can definitely see why people are up in arms about their DRM.

Kimura Kid
June 11th, 2013, 1:45 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/edc048d3210e4dedad93e077209a84ab/tumblr_mo8b992ELk1rr1o09o9_500.gif

The_Mike
June 11th, 2013, 1:51 PM
Having seen the differences between the new Sony and Microsoft consoles, clearly the new PS looks much better, but one issue people have with the new X-Box I don't quite get - the targeted advertising. Maybe this has already been discussed, but why do people have a problem with this? Surely it's better to get adverts aimed at you based on what you might like, rather than blanket ads that 90% of the time don't interest you? Maybe it ties in with my general indifference to having my privacy 'violated' the way some people do, but I just can't see why anyone would have a massive issue with this. Same with the always-on camera - Microsoft doesn't care that you can only complete a successful masturbate if you're completely naked except for your socks.

For advertising to be targeted at you, Microsoft and its partners have to monitor your habits, built a profile and figure out your psychology to work on what they think they can sell you. A lot of people take that as rude and intrusive, though for the most part it'll likely be done by an algorithm and it is unlikely any individual person will ever look at the data of another individual person. Still, having ads that essentially say "I noticed you kept grabbing your stomach so here's some tampons and motrin" can be unsettling and irritating to people. Not everyone feels ok being treated like a simple cash machine. Also, this data can be stolen and then who knows who has it, and aren't you paying for Xbox Live? It's like having ads on HBO, and the ads say "I know you fapped to the Red Wedding so buy Saw you sick freak".

LOCONUT
June 11th, 2013, 4:35 PM
I dont see myself ever getting an Xbox and for the PS4 I'll buy it in a year or 2 when there is more content. I'm not overly interested on buying a console and then waiting a year or 2 for there to be more than 1 or 2 games I care about.

The Rogerer
June 11th, 2013, 5:13 PM
Metal Gear Solid V's extended trailer made me want to do laps of the room, and then you realise it's also going to be on current consoles. As good as the PS4 feels, one shouldn't feel pressure to dive in and get it straight away. Pre-ordering is for chumps. Xbox giving you an achievement for it should help alert you.

Mik
June 11th, 2013, 6:03 PM
You xbox guys should've stayed on Playstation all along.

Did a quick survey of our games students in class today and I'd say about 4 out of 5 were xbox owners and not PS3 owners. When asked what their next gen console was going to be, it swapped around the other way.

Bad Collin
June 11th, 2013, 7:01 PM
That's because the 360 is ace and the XBone looks cack

mr sabu
June 11th, 2013, 9:09 PM
super mash brothers universe

wii fit girl playable o.0

The_Mike
June 12th, 2013, 4:09 PM
New FFXV gameplay demo. I was right, really looks a lot like DMC gameplay, but with numbers floating around:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LBilT83Uq4A

What I find amazing is they end the trailer with the player character hiding in a subway from a massive hulking beast in what I take it is to be a scary moment. This is somewhat pissed all over by the previous three minutes of footage where you are running around in the sunlight tearing things just like it to pieces and throwing giant spears made from broken buildings at them while pole dancing around your own massive sword. Pardon me if I don't feel remotely connected to the peril of a character who is blatantly a kung fu wizard demi-god.

Square seem to be continuing to assume that flips and spins and giant swords make for a compelling story.

VHS
June 12th, 2013, 8:30 PM
Plus every character they create looks like a scrawny-ass pop star.

The Rogerer
June 13th, 2013, 9:01 AM
So it looks like Titanfall and Dead Rising are both just timed exclusives and will eventually be on PS4

Jez
June 13th, 2013, 9:08 AM
Story of Microsoft's life really, I can't think of any third party exclusives in recent years which have stayed that way. Their highest profile exclusive that I can remember (GTA4 DLC) was promised to be completely exclusive and would never be coming to PS3 but that also turned out to be timed.

Peter Griffin
June 13th, 2013, 9:19 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f2/Dead_or_Alive_Xtreme_2_Xbox_Game_Cover.jpg/250px-Dead_or_Alive_Xtreme_2_Xbox_Game_Cover.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/1a/Rumble_Roses_XX.jpg/256px-Rumble_Roses_XX.jpg
I am not a pervert.
:shifty:

Pablo Diablo
June 13th, 2013, 9:27 AM
So it looks like Titanfall and Dead Rising are both just timed exclusives and will eventually be on PS4

Good. I really wanted to play Titanfall based off the initial looks. Granted it may end up sucking.

Also forgot to mention it after the Nintendo conference but that game that's going with the codename X for the WiiU, also has me intrigued. I really just want a good Mech sort of game.

Jez
June 13th, 2013, 9:29 AM
Where did you read about Dead Rising 3 being a timed exclusive? It seems unlikely since it is being published by Microsoft. I can definitely see Titanfall coming to PS4 eventually or possibly the sequels.

Excel
June 13th, 2013, 12:34 PM
I thought dead rising was capcom

blackening
June 13th, 2013, 1:16 PM
Developed by Capcom, published by Microsoft. So I'd have to agree with Jez and say its unlikely.

lotjx
June 13th, 2013, 1:19 PM
Why buy Rumbling Roses when the Smackdown character generator and move set is the same? At least that is what I heard.

The Rogerer
June 13th, 2013, 4:01 PM
I had the PS2 version, the wrestling system was very different. It was also sleazy as fuck.

Kimura Kid
June 13th, 2013, 6:39 PM
This game looks fuckin sick!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiaRSuyQ7zA

OD50
June 14th, 2013, 4:10 AM
Man, that dude and chick must be totally jacked up on beta-blockers. Molotov coctails flying around and peeps shooting at them with machine guns, yet they're chit-chatting like they're sharing a coffee at the library or something. :lol:

Looks cool though.

Jez
June 14th, 2013, 7:00 AM
I agree The Division was one of the few game reveals this year which intrigued and excited me, which means Ubisoft have 'won' E3 in this respect two years in a row. I still think Watch Dogs looks excellent so hopefully it and The Division both deliver. Obviously the PS4 is much bigger news coming out of E3 but none of the games shown at that conference really interested me beyond ones I already knew about.

mr sabu
June 14th, 2013, 7:04 AM
i gotta admit dead rising 3 looks bad ass

Bert
June 14th, 2013, 8:18 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Games-E3-Were-Running-Windows-7-With-Nvidia-GTX-Cards-56737.html

You know how EA's COO Peter Moore told Geoff Keighley during the post-conference interview at E3 that the games they were showing off on stage were running on comparable dev kit specs to the actual home consoles? Well...that's not really true. What is true, however, is that to get the best performance on home console games, Microsoft made sure that they were running on the most stable system specs available on the market and that happened to be an HP powered, Windows 7 system with Nvidia's 700 series GTX GPU.

Thanks to the guys on the HFBoards put together a nice little cache of information on the Xbox One and PS4, strangely they had some fairly unflattering evidence of the Xbox One games not even running on Xbox One devkits or, as Peter Moore put it, comparable specs...unless, Microsoft is switching from AMD cards to Nvidia cards in a last ditch effort to raise the price of manufacturing the console?

Anyway, Julian Rignall from US Gamers had an interesting Tweet to share, which on its own is quite harmless, noting...

http://i.imgur.com/bcLHepk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RjOYvSF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ym3KH4e.jpg

I suppose the only real damning thing about this kind of exposure is that Microsoft didn't even use “comparable specs" from the company providing them with video cards in their home console. For those of you who don't know the Xbox One will run on a modified AMD GPU that, according to Extreme Tech, is on the level of a mid-ranged Radeon 7790. I guess the 7790 wasn't powerful enough for the Xbox One's E3 games eh? They needed a real manly card like the GTX 780, eh?

PC wins again. And even Microsoft doesn't want to use Windows 8.

The_Mike
June 14th, 2013, 9:10 PM

Honestly, the games industry is looking genuinely crooked to me. It is profoundly dishonest, from the patronizing doublespeak spouted by CEOs to the not-representative 'gameplay' videos and trailers from publishers to the stooges in the games media who hype everything that's being hyped just to get to play it a few weeks early.

The Rick
June 14th, 2013, 9:14 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Games-E3-Were-Running-Windows-7-With-Nvidia-GTX-Cards-56737.html

http://i.imgur.com/bcLHepk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RjOYvSF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ym3KH4e.jpg

PC wins again. And even Microsoft doesn't want to use Windows 8.

Well the computer that was running it crashed, so no PC doesn't win. And yea windows 8 is utter garbage. Coworker got a new laptop yesterday, and it has windows 8 out of the box. He hadn't registered anything yet, and I recommended that he take it back and switch it for the one that had 7 installed.

The_Mike
June 14th, 2013, 9:25 PM
Well the computer that was running it crashed, so no PC doesn't win. And yea windows 8 is utter garbage. Coworker got a new laptop yesterday, and it has windows 8 out of the box. He hadn't registered anything yet, and I recommended that he take it back and switch it for the one that had 7 installed.

The computer that was running it was a PC that was more powerful than the Xbox One and, unless MS are just trying to fail, was presumably chosen because it was more stable than the dev kits MS pretended were under there. Because one of them did end up crashing doesn't make the point invalid.

Windows 8 isn't really that bad. It's Windows 7 with marginal improvements to speed and stability, no aero and no start menu. The start menu can be added in with third party tools very, very easily, and while that should not be remotely necessary, once you've done it you have something that's slightly better than 7. Not really worth buying on its own but it's also not worth switching your laptop for something different just to avoid the two minute fix the interface or Windows 8 needs.

The Rogerer
June 15th, 2013, 5:59 AM
Julian Rignall!

At E3 they seemed to be handing out PS4s, at least just the plastic cases? Giant Bomb were measuring one against beercans in their private house.
The start menu can be added in with third party tools very, very easily.You might as well say that Windows 8 comes with 20 hours of anal porn.

OD50
June 15th, 2013, 6:23 AM
Man, that dude and chick must be totally jacked up on beta-blockers. Molotov coctails flying around and peeps shooting at them with machine guns, yet they're chit-chatting like they're sharing a coffee at the library or something. :lol:

Looks cool though.
Oh.. It's not in-game voice acting but supposed to simulate peeps playing online talking to each other? Duh.. :dunce:

And am I understanding right that the XBO games at E3 were running on some mid-level PC's?

Olympus
June 15th, 2013, 8:45 AM

Honestly, the games industry is looking genuinely crooked to me. It is profoundly dishonest, from the patronizing doublespeak spouted by CEOs to the not-representative 'gameplay' videos and trailers from publishers to the stooges in the games media who hype everything that's being hyped just to get to play it a few weeks early.

I always have a hard time believing that the people standing on stage during the press conferences are actually playing the game being shown.

lotjx
June 15th, 2013, 9:10 AM

Same thing happened to me except there were no Windows 7 laptops to run back to. I got it on Best Buy's website and returned for something that sucked less. Even the Best Buy customer service rep said that is all she hears is Windows 8 blows. I mean I have to have a Microsoft account for the fucking calculator? Ridiculous.

The_Mike
June 15th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Same thing happened to me except there were no Windows 7 laptops to run back to. I got it on Best Buy's website and returned for something that sucked less. Even the Best Buy customer service rep said that is all she hears is Windows 8 blows. I mean I have to have a Microsoft account for the fucking calculator? Ridiculous.

You don't need a live account for the calculator, or to run Windows 8 at all. I'm no fan of Microsoft but that's just made up. To be fair, it's a bit trickier finding the old calculator with the stupid start screen, but again a proper menu can be installed swiftly and beyond the menu there's not really any significant issue that makes 8 blow compared to 7.

ReDPath
June 21st, 2013, 9:58 AM
PS4 graphics? I dunno, they look even more new gen.

Either way, these two remakes on old classics look like they will dominate if they are released this fall/Christmas.

Capcom and Ed Boon/Warner Bros are showing how much they care about their fans this gen. Especially with Megaman being added to Smash Bros.

But you'll probably have to hurry, as I think these are limited editions with Van Damme getting into the video game business and all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTd7mtr81ww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSwd7TY7NXw

Nitram
June 21st, 2013, 1:11 PM
Hahaha, that's awesome!