PDA

View Full Version : Hey, I need that for my collection!

BullyRayStoleMyLunch
May 30th, 2013, 3:31 PM
Yeah, it's your favourite (well, most recent!) nosey newbie again.

Today: what WWE DVD, event or bio, do you not own, but wish you did?

For me: Mania VIII. First Mania I was aware of as a kid, LOVED the IC and WWF Title matches.

Also, Heenan and Monsoon were on form ALL the way through!

OD50
May 30th, 2013, 3:39 PM
For the longest time it was the unedited version of the 1987 Survivor Series. My old VHS tape of the original airing broke and the DVD release was pretty much butchered.

Now, thanks to the internetz I have pretty much every event/match I ever had wanted to see.

Rip
May 30th, 2013, 3:39 PM
The Wrestling Classic (1985) everybody who was anybody at the time was on it in a 16 man tourney and Hogan vs Roddy for the title.

MMH
May 30th, 2013, 3:41 PM
For the longest time it was the unedited version of the 1987 Survivor Series. My old VHS tape of the original airing broke and the DVD release was pretty much butchered.

Now, thanks to the internetz I have pretty much every event/match I ever had wanted to see.

Yeah my copy had the womens match missing and The Bulldogs disappearing half way through their match!

I do love getting my hands on some of the originally aired footage complete with commercials of the time etc. .

BBF
May 30th, 2013, 3:43 PM
Similarly to OD50 I had a VHS of the history of SummerSlam which was ace. But on the back it advertised the wedding between Savage and Elizabeth.

It wasn't on the VHS at all. I'm still bitter about that.

BullyRayStoleMyLunch
May 30th, 2013, 3:48 PM

I get you, man. My S.Series 91 tape got caught in the machine. I pretty much cut off what was chewed up, and put a thin layer of tape on the rest. Lost a couple of minutes of the Flair 8 man, but worth it!

MMH
May 30th, 2013, 3:48 PM
Similarly to OD50 I had a VHS of the history of SummerSlam which was ace. But on the back it advertised the wedding between Savage and Elizabeth.

You missed nothing. All the fun was after the show with Jake and Taker.

Summerslam 91 was a weird show for me. I kind of hated it as it was the first show where I realised the wrestling I loved was changing but it also had a fantastic match with Hart and Perfect and one of the greatest ever comic performances by The Mountie.

BBF
May 30th, 2013, 3:50 PM
Oh I know. I literally couldn't give a crap now but as a 5 year old I felt cheated.

That Hart/Perfect match is probably my 2nd favourite match ever. Superb stuff.

BullyRayStoleMyLunch
May 30th, 2013, 3:50 PM

They cut out Awesome Jake Roberts, AND "Together"? That's HARSH.

Ringo
May 30th, 2013, 3:51 PM
It's not even the best Bret/Perfect match!

But that's a discussion for another time.

BBF
May 30th, 2013, 3:57 PM
It very much is. I love it. All three of my favourite matches ever feature Bret Hart.

Hate the guy.

lotjx
May 30th, 2013, 4:42 PM
I heard they were doing a wargames DVD, I would buy that. As for WWE, the entire night after Mania 14 would be awesome to own.