PDA

View Full Version : Who Should WWE Release?

The Law
May 28th, 2013, 6:30 PM
The new call-ups to the main roster from NXT are resulting in the main roster getting very bloated. There are almost certainly more roster cuts coming in the next month or two. Who do you think WWE should be letting go? My few:

R-Truth: He's now 41 years old. Best days of his career are definitely behind him. Doesn't really get much in the way of pops at this point. He's never been a particularly good ring worker, and hasn't done much of anything of note since the Awesome Truth storyline in 2011.

Tensai: Tons of Funk is a modestly amusing midcard tag team, but I think their roster spot would be better served going to someone else. Matt Bloom is now 40 and it's hard to imagine him getting any kind of sustained push for the rest of his WWE career. I think it would make more sense for him to go back to Japan where he is still respected.

Ted DiBiase: He's had plenty of chances to get over and it's never happened. They don't seem to have any plans for him at this point and I don't think he would be employed if not for his lineage. He's 30, so there's still some time for him to go overseas (or to TNA) and develop his craft.

Curt Hawkins: This guy hasn't done anything in years. Seriously, the last time he did anything of real note was when him and Ryder were tag team champions in 2008. Five years later, I'm not sure why they're still paying him.

Ezekiel Jackson: He's got a great body, but very little wrestling ability. Hasn't appeared in TV for over a year. Presumably he's been healthy and sitting at home for months. Unless someone desperately needs a bodyguard, it's probably time for him to go.

Primo and Epico: Neither guy has been doing anything for months now. They're pretty well buried on the heel tag team depth chart, so it would make more sense to give their spots to some new guys.

Cewsh
May 28th, 2013, 6:38 PM
I don't think there's anybody on the main roster that is completely worthless at this point. I'd just cut a bunch of the hanger on development wrestlers.

Fanny Batter
May 28th, 2013, 6:41 PM
I'd get rid of a load of people to be honest. Anybody who has been around longer than three years and is still lower on the totem pole than Kofi Kingston is dispensable. Get rid of them, bring in new blood, some make it, some don't, sack the ones that don't, rinse, repeat. I think guys like Ryder, the Colons, Drew McIntyre, the Uso's etc. are talented, but they are never going to make it big and have no presence anymore on television, so would rather see fresh acts take their place.

Ringo
May 28th, 2013, 6:43 PM
Riley should probably be let go at this point.

And uh, JTG.

Jackson, Truth and DiBiase can all fuck off now. Tensai is worthwhile but I'd much rather watch him in New Japan where he's on another level. I like the PRINCE OF QUEENS but he might as well go too. I'd like to see if Ryder does anything with his new show before dismissing him entirely.

Andy
May 28th, 2013, 6:45 PM
Swagger.

BullyRayStoleMyLunch
May 28th, 2013, 6:51 PM
3MB. At this point, they're probably about the same as having 3 of *Legendary* Ryback jobber Stan Stanssky on your roster.

Ringo
May 28th, 2013, 7:01 PM
Noooooope.

One Man Gang
May 28th, 2013, 7:18 PM
Rosa Mendes and Ezekiel Jackson for sure. While guys like JTG, Yoshi Tatsu, and Ted DiBiase will likely never be pushed again, they can still be used as jobbers like Curt Hawkins until the end of time. Jackson just doesn't have a place. He isn't a convincing jobber and there are already better powerhouses. Rosa...is just useless.

maxxmisery
May 28th, 2013, 7:31 PM
I'd like to see them release Khali before he tragically dies in the ring.

It's just so uncomfortable watching him attempt to wrestle.

The Law
May 28th, 2013, 8:05 PM
I'm actually kind of intrigued by the "more than three years, under Kofi" concept. Off-hand, I'm having trouble thinking of many guys who were around for more than three years with accomplishing anything and then went on to become major players. Mark Henry is a rare example, and he was around for almost ten years before he really did anything worthwhile.

Under that rule, the following guys would be gone:

-Alex Riley
-Curt Hawkins
-Drew McIntyre
-Ezekiel Jackson
-Great Khali
-Heath Slater
-Jey Uso
-Jimmy Uso
-Jinder Mahal
-JTG
-Justin Gabriel
-Primo
-R-Truth
-Ted DiBiase
-Tensai
-Tyson Kidd
-Yoshi Tatsu
-Zack Ryder

From that list, the only guys I wouldn't want fired would be Gabriel, Kidd, and Ryder. The rest can go and I don't think anyone would really miss them. I absolutely believe that call-ups from NXT and new guys from overseas/the Indys could fill their roles, to the extent that they have any. It would probably make sense to have more turnover at the bottom of the card, just because more guys means a greater chance that someone ends up catching on.

JRSlim21
May 28th, 2013, 8:10 PM
Khali could go.

Mendes could go.

I feel as though Orton could go at anytime due to him just doing something stupid.

Brodus can go. I wasn't that big a fan from his NXT days. Tensai I think has some mileage but not in a comedy role. He's better than that.

Ringo
May 28th, 2013, 8:26 PM
Well I would miss Slater and Drew, and I'm sure there are a few others here who would feel the same way.

I would also miss Khali's presence. But not Khali wrestling.

I hope Kidd and Gabriel get another go together when Tyson returns. They could be a fun face team. Primo is excellent but I'd rather see him wrestle elsewhere at this point.

JP
May 28th, 2013, 8:58 PM
Drew McIntyre is so bloody charismatic live that I simply don't understand his inability to show it through a tv screen.

I think it's the hair, just cut your bloody hair.

ReDPath
May 28th, 2013, 9:09 PM
Who should WWE release? Just a couple names without getting crazy outta control

Randy Orton - Self explanatory, moreover to send a message
Ryback - Because he's more or less a Bats ripoff, and will lose steam the minute he's out of the main event scene
R Truth - Because he's never been any good, highly overrated. He's no Booker T, Ron Simmons or Ahmed Johnson
Ted Dibiase - Lets face it, he'll never be his father on any level, but to be fair to him, he's in an era that's going to be looked upon years down the line as one of/if not the worst ever
The Miz - Guy is garbage in the ring, has very little charisma. The only time he was even serviceable was when Morrison carried him in that team
The Outlaws - They brought these guys back for cheap pops, but they were never actually that good to begin with, mostly riding the coattails of HHH, Chyna and Sean Waltman back in the 90s
Big E
The Bellas - Though one (more than likely both) have their hooks in Cena, so they'll likely stay for the duration, also likely they were the reasons why Maria, Lita and Jackie never got signed back

Who they should sign?

Kurt Angle - At this stage, he may be a burnt out, druggie, alcoholic who jobs out to everyone in TNA, but he should rip up his TNA contract, and have one last run in WWE in matches with Lesnar, Punk, a returning Bats and Taker

Hulk Hogan - He may have had the worst run of publicity over the last year or so, but one final match and the match should be against Cena...a finger poke of doom scenario would be just what the IWC ordered

Jeff Hardy - He could come back and have one last blowoff feud with Punk that puts him more over, then he quietly joins the commentary team with JBL, a returning Jim Ross and either Shane McMahon or Scott Hall

Bats - Just because

Vice
May 28th, 2013, 9:13 PM
Brock Lesnar would paralyze Kurt Angle like 10 times over.

Ringo
May 28th, 2013, 9:36 PM
Jeff Hardy - He could come back and have one last blowoff feud with Punk that puts him more over, then he quietly joins the commentary team with JBL, a returning Jim Ross and either Shane McMahon or Scott Hall

YUS.

Atty
May 28th, 2013, 9:47 PM
Only reason to hire Jeff is to fire his methed up ass.

Ochoa
May 28th, 2013, 9:56 PM
I forgot where I saw it, but I saw something about DiBiase retiring to become a full-time preacher.

StoneColdChris
May 28th, 2013, 9:56 PM
I want Angle back, he and Bryan would have some phenomenal matches.

Mills
May 28th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Wait. Fire Randy Orton to send a message while resigning Hardy and Angle. What the hell?

lotjx
May 28th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Before his push with Cena, Ryback would be on my list. Get rid of the comedy acts from Khali to Santino to Hornswoggle. The massive problem is there are too many funny guys who are just in each other's way. There is such a huge load of shit on this roster, they could get rid of 20 guys and gals and it would be a drop in the bucket. The irony is if they stayed away from making one new cartoon after another, they might actually be able to get some of those guys over.

Kimura Kid
May 28th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Wait. Fire Randy Orton to send a message while resigning Hardy and Angle. What the hell?

:lol:

Kneeneighbor
May 28th, 2013, 10:18 PM

Yes message being Orton is bland as fuck.

mr sabu
May 28th, 2013, 10:29 PM
fuck brodus off and just bring albert back to being a destructive beast

The Law
May 28th, 2013, 10:31 PM
The idea of drug addict (and one of the worst promos ever) Jeff Hardy doing commentary tickles me. Is that a worse idea than Bret Hart doing commentary? Or Jake Roberts being lead booker? Hall on commentary is a bit more intriguing, but it's hard to trust the guy to stay on the wagon at this point in his life.

JRSlim21
May 28th, 2013, 10:57 PM
fuck brodus off and just bring albert back to being a destructive beast

This. Tensai was brought in to shed away the images of Albert and to make him more of a bad ass. So what they do when his (ridiculous) gimmick falters? They bring back the Hip Hop Hippo. If anything, they should've kept him as the straight man to Brodus' funny man.

Sidenote: We need another Head Cheese-like tag team

Newf
May 28th, 2013, 11:22 PM
The idea of drug addict (and one of the worst promos ever) Jeff Hardy doing commentary tickles me. Is that a worse idea than Bret Hart doing commentary? Or Jake Roberts being lead booker? Hall on commentary is a bit more intriguing, but it's hard to trust the guy to stay on the wagon at this point in his life.

Even though Jake and Hall are both sober and doing better than any previous attempt thanks to DDP... and the former is a phenomenal mind and the latter is a great talker.

Yeah, you're right. Idiot.

McBain
May 29th, 2013, 12:06 AM
-Curt Hawkins
-Drew McIntyre
-Ezekiel Jackson
-Great Khali
-Heath Slater
-Jinder Mahal
-JTG
-Primo
-R-Truth
-Ted DiBiase
-Tensai
-Yoshi Tatsu
-Zack Ryder

:yes:

Mills
May 29th, 2013, 12:47 AM
Curt Hawkins needs a shot to come back to the main roster, he's shown great promise on the old NXT and some of his superstars matches he had. Pretty solid promo too

V-Line
May 29th, 2013, 2:13 AM
Hawkins just cant seem to find the right look it seems, added with the fact he is basically non-existant at this point. Saw his match with Sami Zayn on NXT a week back and it was solid, he did look a little heavy though. Guy hasnt even been close to a main roster chance since a few week Smackdown run with Archer years back so I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot but then I think guys like Drew & Primo should get it first.

Not sure why Dibiase fell of the face of the planet, I always thought he could go in the ring, just not a talker. Could have easily been the new Heyman guy as he is identical to when Axel is in terms of his skillset, yet Ted has a 100% better look.

As for firing, maybe someone like Jinder who is still young and can get better elsewhere, JTG, Tatsu, Epico (too free up Primo), Rosa, Aksana..and thats about it. Hunico & Camacho could go as well, but I like Hunico.

Zacharie
May 29th, 2013, 2:35 AM
There are a ton of people. Maybe start with anyone who hasn't won a match on Raw since 2013. That would probably eliminate a good chunk of useless/replaceable guys. I'd put 3MB at the top of the list because I think their act is old and I'm tired of seeing them job on Raw every week.

It's so weird that they have like ten (maybe more) full-time workers on their roster who are jobbers. Such a waste. Use local talent if you want to send someone out to get crushed.

I'd hate to see Tensai, Brodus, and Ryder leave because I think they can do so much more with those guys. But they won't so just end it already.

Hero!
May 29th, 2013, 8:46 AM
Hawkins just cant seem to find the right look it seems, added with the fact he is basically non-existant at this point. Saw his match with Sami Zayn on NXT a week back and it was solid, he did look a little heavy though. Guy hasnt even been close to a main roster chance since a few week Smackdown run with Archer years back so I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot but then I think guys like Drew & Primo should get it first.

I like Curt Hawkins. The dude is a great bumper, sells well, and can wrestle half-competantly. The problem is that he can't talk and has the stigma of being Zack Ryder's biffle. Plus, the guy is as vanilla and caucasian looking as it gets. The company might not have the same focus on "bodybuilders" as it used to, but they still need wrestler who stand out and attract people when they appear. Hawkins just...doesn't.

Sometimes, the WWE just needs to let guys go for a bit and then bring them back later. Took Ryback like 10 years to put it all together. Sandow is another guy who was around for close to a decade before he finally figured it all out. Hawkins really should go to Japan or work the indie scene for a year or two and then come back with a brand new character. It really could save his career.

MMH
May 29th, 2013, 9:12 AM
The Bellas - Though one (more than likely both) have their hooks in Cena, so they'll likely stay for the duration, also likely they were the reasons why Maria, Lita and Jackie never got signed back

Oh great, more mysoginistic bullshit. They will likely stay the duration because they are good at what they do.

Brie is with Daniel Bryan anyway. Nikki just went on a double date with Cena didnt she? Does it matter anyway?

dunno
May 29th, 2013, 9:46 AM
I'd add Rey. He should've retired by now with all of his injuries and what not.

Then again, outside of the following full timers (Punk, Bryan, Cena, Shield, Ziggler, Cesaro, Rhodes, Sandow), the rest could just fuck off. There's so many guys that do absolutely zilch.

Slare
May 29th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Yeah the roster should just be those 8 guys having matches over and over. Keep things fresh.

JP
May 29th, 2013, 10:14 AM
I'd add Rey. He should've retired by now with all of his injuries and what not.

Then again, outside of the following full timers (Punk, Bryan, Cena, Shield, Ziggler, Cesaro, Rhodes, Sandow), the rest could just fuck off. There's so many guys that do absolutely zilch.

What an incredibly ridiculous thing to say.

Ignoring the fact it's pretty hard to show what you're capable of unless you're given a chance, your list would include, to get rid of, the likes of Kane, ADR, Swagger, Barret, just to name four. Which is mental.

Hero!
May 29th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Yeah the roster should just be those 8 guys having matches over and over. Keep things fresh.

I could watch Punk wrestle for 6 hours a week.

JP
May 29th, 2013, 10:16 AM
And Orton, who is fucking amazing.

Seriously, ignore his shit with Sheamus (and Sheamus, and Big Show on your list, what a thing to bloody well say) and he hasn't put a foot wrong in years. He is, for me, the most naturally likable face they have at the minute, as indicated by the huge reactions he gets every single week.

Slare
May 29th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Well, you could watch him for about 2, 3 if you have the app, with the other three made up of recaps of the start of the match from earlier in the night, video packages of the recaps of the match from earlier in the night and twitter people twitting about the video packages of the recaps of the match from earlier in the night. Oh, and a Miz movie trailer.

Bennedy
May 29th, 2013, 10:32 AM

Seriously, ignore his shit with Sheamus (and Sheamus, and Big Show on your list, what a thing to bloody well say) and he hasn't put a foot wrong in years. He is, for me, the most naturally likable face they have at the minute, as indicated by the huge reactions he gets every single week.

In what way is Randy Orton a likeable face? He seems to be over just because he is Randy Orton. He is bland in the ring and on the mic.

Him as a heel paired with Heyman would be great. Would bring him to life, because I actually like the guy and want him to do well.

The Law
May 29th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Orton consistently gets the biggest pops on the roster. People love the dark, loner, anti-hero types. If they let Orton be more of a bad ass he'd be even more over. Unfortunately, he has to be friendly with guys like Sheamus whose ass he should want to kick. He would be over huge if they made him a new Steve Austin/Bad News Brown type who didn't get along with the rest of the faces on the roster and just RKOed people all the time because he could.

Cewsh
May 29th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Well if he's over "because he's Randy Orton" then Randy Orton must be fairly likable.

JP
May 29th, 2013, 10:53 AM
In what way is Randy Orton a likeable face? He seems to be over just because he is Randy Orton. He is bland in the ring and on the mic.

Him as a heel paired with Heyman would be great. Would bring him to life, because I actually like the guy and want him to do well.

:lol:

That's why. ;)

Hero!
May 29th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Orton consistently gets the biggest pops on the roster.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/4277627/daniel-bryan-no-o.gif

Bennedy
May 29th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Well if he's over "because he's Randy Orton" then Randy Orton must be fairly likable.

There is nothing in his current character that makes him likeable. Mind you, I'm not even sure what his character is meant to be.

Orton is at a stage where he is a veteran compared to most of the roster, and he is going to be cheered regardless.

Rip
May 29th, 2013, 11:32 AM

JP :nono:

I...

I thought I knew you.

You're dead to me now.

Orton is awful as a face he's either dull or an incorrectly booked heel as a heel he's better but one dimensional. he often looks bored with his role and he's one bad choice away from serious bad publicity for the company or being found in a pool of his own vomit.

Cewsh
May 29th, 2013, 11:57 AM
I'm on JP's side here. I love Randy and everything he does is fantastic.

ORTON IS SPLITTING OUR FAMILY APART.

Atty
May 29th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Honestly, at this point, there may be no one that I would honestly release. The product is in a down period and saying someone who can bring in viewers like Orton or Rey would be silly. The only ones I would cite are lower level guys who will be more valuable keeping around on the off chance they catch on than letting go. Even then, I'd only seriously consider the druggie types that prove more of a problem than they are worth to the company.

And as dull as people may think Orton is as a face, he IS very over with live crowds. Would be foolish to let that go.

Really, merging the two titles and further ending the brand split will naturally sort a lot out. Guys like Swagger would drop to the IC/US level, but that's really where they should be.

Ringo
May 29th, 2013, 12:09 PM
If they unified the WWE & World and IC & US and booked the IC like they book the World now things would be a lot neater.

Rip
May 29th, 2013, 12:13 PM
I'm on JP's side here. I love Randy and everything he does is fantastic.

ORTON IS SPLITTING OUR FAMILY APART.

et tu, Cewshe?

C'mon he's dull, an awful actor who fails to convey any emotion and looks like a constipated toddler when he tries to be intimidating.

Kneeneighbor
May 29th, 2013, 12:14 PM
I think that people always want mega star vs mega star and fail to realize some times there needs to be a transitional feud in there from a lower card guy. I'm not saying swagger with a world title shot at mania was great but let's not forget the patriot had a world title shot on a ppv in 1997. Sometimes these things are needed.

JP
May 29th, 2013, 12:32 PM

I...

I thought I knew you.

You're dead to me now.

Orton is awful as a face he's either dull or an incorrectly booked heel as a heel he's better but one dimensional. he often looks bored with his role and he's one bad choice away from serious bad publicity for the company or being found in a pool of his own vomit.

:D

I really like him and this is only a new thing for me, never been a fan of his over the years.

It was his series with Kane and seeing him live which did it. He has a strange likability about him that I hadn't picked up on before, a genuinely flawed character who has fought hard to redeem himself and be the man and performer he can be. I've always been a fan of his work - made the point before, technically he is the best in the WWE, he is so crisp in his execution and fluid in his movement it is just amazing to see - but was never able to connect it with enjoying him as either face or heel.

Are people still concerned about him making a high-profile mistake? It's been years since that kind of behaviour and all the talk is of the 'new' Randy as opposed to the 'old' Randy.

Hero!
May 29th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Wasn't he suspended just last year for violating the wellness policy? One more and he's gone

Kneeneighbor
May 29th, 2013, 12:55 PM

I really like him and this is only a new thing for me, never been a fan of his over the years.

It was his series with Kane and seeing him live which did it. He has a strange likability about him that I hadn't picked up on before, a genuinely flawed character who has fought hard to redeem himself and be the man and performer he can be. I've always been a fan of his work - made the point before, technically he is the best in the WWE, he is so crisp in his execution and fluid in his movement it is just amazing to see - but was never able to connect it with enjoying him as either face or heel.

Are people still concerned about him making a high-profile mistake? It's been years since that kind of behaviour and all the talk is of the 'new' Randy as opposed to the 'old' Randy.

The whole Viper thing and banging on the mat just makes me want to gag.

JP
May 29th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Wasn't just last year, surely?

If so, I need to check myself onto that policy as my memory is buggered.

Hero!
May 29th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Almost 1 year ago to the day:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/randy-orton-suspended-for-60-days

JP
May 29th, 2013, 12:58 PM
The whole Viper thing and banging on the mat just makes me want to gag.

The Viper thing never really caught on for me. I don't mind his tuning of the band as it fits in with the execution of the move from a surprise position, but the concept as a whole is overused.

I wouldn't mind a new theme either, Voices is getting a bit tired now.

JP
May 29th, 2013, 1:00 PM

:yes:

Alright, laying off the alcohol for a bit. After tonight, obviously, can't be expected to watch England/Ireland without any beer.

Mills
May 29th, 2013, 1:03 PM
I didnt mind the viper idea, until he dislocated his shoulder doing that stupid pose. When he turned into the apex predator is when I lost interest. If a show is geared towards "kids" then wth would htey know what an apex predator is?

Atty
May 29th, 2013, 1:10 PM
He was genuinely amazing around the time he punted Vince. When they pulled back from that, had him claim IED and so forth, I lost a lot of interest.

Vice
May 29th, 2013, 1:11 PM
I loved it when they turned him from a lunatic to a loving family man who travels the country in an RV with his wife, who is a different actress each time.

Just damn good writing and character development.

Ringo
May 29th, 2013, 1:11 PM
I was never his biggest fan (2009 run aside) but everything before the Vince punt was ten times better than the current Orton. Honestly though... the paint by numbers booking is the main reason for that.

Kneeneighbor
May 29th, 2013, 1:18 PM

Yeah but thats old Randy, we are talking about new Randy now!

Atty
May 29th, 2013, 1:25 PM
Say hello the the new boss. Same as the old boss.

TimeSplitter
May 29th, 2013, 1:25 PM
Here is a random list of who should be released:

Aksana- Either pair her back up with Cesaro t help both of them, or drop her. With all the divas in NXT right now, they need to clear some of the dead weight in the "division" right now.
Alex Riley- Never used, rarely on Superstars even.
Alicia Fox- Bland, but she is dating Wade Barrett, so it probably won't happen.
Camacho/Hunico- Either use them to push The Wyatt Family/The Shield, but there are other jobber tag teams for that.
Curt Hawkins- Not being used, very bland. Does he still have heat from "Mid Card Mafia"?
Evan Bourne- He's never been used properly, not to mention the drug problems.
Ezekiel Jackson- Why have him? A larger sized Jobber?
JTG- Always finds a way to hold on, hopefully not for long.
Rosa- Worthless, clear space for NXT Divas
Santino- Let him go do his thing with the school. Although, they might think that the cobra sells to kids.
Sin Cara- Botchemania has got to go. Failed experiment.
Ted DiBiase- Seriously, he's still around?
Yoshii Tatsu- See above
Zack Ryder- He had his 15 minutes, and now has nothing going for him.

Wild Card: Tamina. Ever since she re-debuted, she's fallen by the way side.

Mills
May 29th, 2013, 1:26 PM
he's less shiny now, so theres that.

Despite his issues though, I wouldnt release him unless he failed another wellness policy. He's a locker room leader, gets great pops and just needs to get some new life into his character. He needs a refresh, not a new job.

The first person I'd cut is Ezekiel Jackson though, he's not adjusting to the style, not connecting with crowds and cannot get over to save his life

JP
May 29th, 2013, 1:26 PM
“I always joke around there’s old Randy and then there’s new Randy,” Cena said. “Old Randy was an asshole.”

SEE!

http://www.wrestlenewz.com/wrestling/wwe-news/john-cena-not-fond-of-the-old-randy-orton-fcw-diva-touring-with-raw/

Ringo
May 29th, 2013, 1:28 PM
Zeke hasn't been on TV in over a year! He may well be amazing now. :shifty:

kangus
May 29th, 2013, 1:28 PM
See the thing is, whether it defies logic or not, Randy Orton is pretty over last time I checked. That means he's a valuable asset and certainly not the sort of person WWE should be looking to release.

Cewsh
May 29th, 2013, 1:38 PM
Sin Cara- Botchemania has got to go. Failed experiment.

I'm baffled by this one. He hasn't been botch prone since he started teaming up with Rey, and he has more proven potential drawing power than anyone not in the main event. Cutting him would be a truly bizarre decision.

VHS
May 29th, 2013, 1:49 PM

I...

I thought I knew you.

You're dead to me now.

Orton is the Dolph Lundgren of WWE. Watch The Punisher movie from 1989 if you don't believe me. He sucks.

Ringo
May 29th, 2013, 1:55 PM
Only in Mexico, but yeah, I wouldn't do away with him yet. Worth keeping around for the Mexican tours and shows in Latino areas. Really wanted to see where that Rey team would go. Wonder if they have kind of given up themselves though (signing Samuray Del Sol and changing their mind on the IC title shot).

Don't you ever suggest firing Santino ever again though.

Cewsh
May 29th, 2013, 1:59 PM
Orton is the Dolph Lundgren of WWE. Watch The Punisher movie from 1989 if you don't believe me. He sucks.

I think the whole "Blandy" Orton thing is way overstated. Is he supposed to be emotional and expressive or something? He's booked as a slightly reformed psychopath.

Only in Mexico, but yeah, I wouldn't do away with him yet. Worth keeping around for the Mexican tours and shows in Latino areas. Really wanted to see where that Rey team would go.

I really don't believe that Sin Cara's drawing power is limited to Mexico in the slightest. The Mexican population of the United States has Telemundo nipping at the heels of the major networks, and charismatic high flyers in masks aren't exactly impossible to get over post-Rey. Cara actually was getting quite over when he first debuted, but WWE bungled his first few months about as bad as it is possible to.

Ringo
May 29th, 2013, 2:02 PM
I do hear AAA is looking to expand to the US this year. TV deal supposedly struck? Having Mistico on their books prove useful if they have success.

TimeSplitter
May 29th, 2013, 2:02 PM
I'm baffled by this one. He hasn't been botch prone since he started teaming up with Rey, and he has more proven potential drawing power than anyone not in the main event. Cutting him would be a truly bizarre decision.

They're not going to cut him because they still want the World Record mask match with Rey. There is also talk of teaming him up with Evan Bourne when he heals up. Maybe that will give him something to do.

I haven't found Sin Cara interesting since Hunico was unmasked. His stuff with Rey wasn't a large enough sample to judge.

Ringo
May 29th, 2013, 2:05 PM
They're going to have some great heel tag teams on the roster but are in need of over face teams. ReyCara and Bourne & PAC would be a good start.

GoofyGreekGuy
May 29th, 2013, 2:07 PM
They need to release the following...

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2012/02/camacho_1_full.pnghttp://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2013/02/curthawkins_1_full_20130208.pnghttp://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2012/10/darrenyoung_1_full_20121024.pnghttp://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2012/11/drewmcintyre_1_full_20121120.pnghttp://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2012/02/ezekialjackson_1_full.png

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2012/02/thegreatkhali_3_full.pnghttp://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2012/02/hornswoggle_1_full.pnghttp://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2012/11/jindermahal_1_full_20121120.pnghttp://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2012/02/santino_1_full.pnghttp://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2012/05/sincara_1_full_2012605.pnghttp://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2013/04/briebella_1_full_20130422.png

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2012/05/titusoneil_1_full_2012524.pnghttp://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2012/02/yoshitatsu_1_full.pnghttp://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2013/05/aksana_1_full_20130508.pnghttp://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2013/01/rosamendez_1_full_20130121.pnghttp://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2012/12/Tamina_fullbody.pnghttp://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2013/04/nikkibella_1_full_20130422.png

Atty
May 29th, 2013, 2:10 PM

If you're saying he's Ivan Drago AND He-Man, then Randy must be awesome.

Hero!
May 29th, 2013, 2:13 PM
Prime Time Players are money, fool

Ringo
May 29th, 2013, 2:13 PM
i don't even...

VHS
May 29th, 2013, 2:16 PM
Very scattered opinions here, that's for sure. I do like that there are some overlapping superstars though because it clearly shows who sits at the bottom of the barrel.

I think the whole "Blandy" Orton thing is way overstated. Is he supposed to be emotional and expressive or something? He's booked as a slightly reformed psychopath.

Overstated or not, it's a widely shared opinion. And regardless of his character, he should at least take it upon himself to make it interesting. He's been on cruise control for so long, like during his recent clear-out of the Shield he was completely apathetic about what was going on. His partners were doing cartwheels around him and he just stood there like he didn't even want to be there. I'm not talking about kayfabing, he looks legitimately bored.

Cewsh
May 29th, 2013, 2:17 PM
They need to release the following...

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2012/10/darrenyoung_1_full_20121024.pnghttp://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2012/11/drewmcintyre_1_full_20121120.png

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2012/02/thegreatkhali_3_full.pnghttp://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2012/02/santino_1_full.pnghttp://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2012/05/sincara_1_full_2012605.pnghttp://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2013/04/briebella_1_full_20130422.png

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2012/05/titusoneil_1_full_2012524.pnghttp://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_large/public/talent/profile/2013/04/nikkibella_1_full_20130422.png

Completely baffled by all of these.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
May 29th, 2013, 2:21 PM
Khali maybe.. but PTP? They're money. I wont say precisely how much though!

Mills
May 29th, 2013, 2:23 PM
you want to get rid of all the undercard heels?

Slare
May 29th, 2013, 2:28 PM
What is this 'world record mask' thing people talk about when Kane, Rey and Cara are mentioned that WWE are pining for?

Ringo
May 29th, 2013, 2:31 PM
WWE has put Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara together to build to a WrestleMania 29 match.

You may remember that WWE wanted to do Mysterio vs. Cara at WrestleMania 28 but both of them got injured. WWE was planning to give out luchador masks to everyone in attendance at WrestleMania 28 and then have them wear the masks before the Cara-Mysterio bout so they could set the Guinness World Record for most masks worn in one place at the same time. This is what WWE is building to for WrestleMania 29.

TimeSplitter
May 29th, 2013, 2:32 PM
At the past Mania, they wanted to have Rey vs. Sin Cara, and have everybody in the arena wear a mask and break the World Record for most people wearing a mask in one place.

Hero!
May 29th, 2013, 2:44 PM
I would have done it :(

Mills
May 29th, 2013, 3:02 PM
so question, why do you have to release anyone? This is a loaded roster top to bottom probably better then any WWE roster ever. They have lower card guys who have potential to be stars, guys like Titus O Neill

Andy
May 29th, 2013, 3:25 PM
There's no doubt Randy Orton is a great wrestler. He's pretty good on the mic, he has the look and he's over. There's a lot of reasons he's so bring right now though. And he IS boring.

I think the wellness issue is the big problem causing all the other problems. How do you book a star that is one bad decision away from being fired? You can't set him up in a massive feud for a title, have him headlining PPVs or start a long term story. And having your options limited like that inevitably makes him boring. His feuds are short term and often dull, apart from the actual matches. But he will continue to be on TV all the time because he's a good wrestler and he'll sell merchandise. It's a crap position for him to be in but it's his own fault.

The Law
May 29th, 2013, 3:53 PM
I'm really baffled by the idea of releasing Sin Cara. He's had a terrible run so far, but it's a combination of poor booking, injuries, and his drug suspension. Given a sustained push, I think there's every reason to believe he would get over. The botches have more or less gone away at this point. He's a proven draw in Mexico and WWE is going to need a major Mexican babyface to take Mysterio's spot. Cara is the most obvious choice, given him similarities to Rey. If I were to take over the creative team, the first guy I would push would be Cara.

Kneeneighbor
May 29th, 2013, 4:28 PM
Humm if only there were some other major Mexican babyface who was already over and involved in the world title scene.

Ringo
May 29th, 2013, 4:42 PM
But I thought Del Rio WASN'T over which is the point?

Personally I think his reactions tend to vary but it hasn't helped that he's been up against a heel the fans don't care much for in Swagger. Hopefully when Ziggler comes back he'll really get going and their terrific matches will win everyone over.

Kneeneighbor
May 29th, 2013, 4:45 PM
And Sin Carra is/was over?

Cewsh
May 29th, 2013, 4:46 PM
Humm if only there were some other major Mexican babyface who was already over and involved in the world title scene.

You're right. I forgot we have a "One main eventer per minority" rule.

And Sin Carra is/was over?

When he first debuted, he absolutely was.

Ringo
May 29th, 2013, 4:46 PM
new nation

MMH
May 29th, 2013, 5:27 PM
You're right. I forgot we have a "One main eventer per minority" rule.

When he first debuted, he absolutely was.

Kids still think he is pretty cool.

One thing that annoyed me with Sin Cara is when he got injured he (or WWE) didnt seem to do anything to help him when he was away for so long, ie learn to speak English or give him a mouthpiece. I Guess that was the idea putting him with Rey but Rey hardly exudes charisma himself.

I think Sin Caras problem from the get go is he can have good matches but nobody will really care about them if all he is able to do is point it things and wave his arms about. He cant even show emotion due to his mask so hes like a flippy robot or something.

the_man_diva
May 29th, 2013, 6:42 PM
It's hard to say who should be released, especially being involved IN wrestling, because I've seen wonderful talent just not be booked in some promotions because of cross-fed feuds, politics, or wrestlers who don't get along ... a lot of them are good talents with great looks who can wrestle, talk, AND connect with a crowd. Sometimes, people don't get booked also because they just don't have any idea what to do with them, even when they have all the necessary tools for success. If WWE isn't using people on TV ... then they should just cut them and give someone else a chance to succeed or fail ... that doesn't mean people can't be REHIRED at some point ... Jeff Hardy, Sable, Eddie Guerrero, William Regal, Albert, The Big Show ... a lot of people have left or been released and have returned with a second wind and have done well for themselves.

I'd cut:
-Aksana
-JTG
-The Great Khali
-Heath Slater
-Jinder Mahal
-Renee Young
-Hornswoggle
-Brodus Clay
-Epico
-Camacho
-Hunico
-Big E. Langston
-Zeb Coulter
-Jack Swagger
-Ted DiBiase, Jr.
-Curt Axel
-David Otunga

Some of these guys I really do like. For some reason, I really like Hawkins, I'd keep him around. Alex Riley, I heard, is supposed to be getting pushed/featured again very soon ... and I'd keep him around anyway because he can talk, he has a good look, and I think he'd be a great heel now that Miz is face too. Sin Cara I don't mind too much. Primo, I'd push him in single's action. Although I'm always hard on Rosa and want her gone, she's a looker, she can act/talk, and she can bump ... keep her as a mouthpiece, a pretty valet, and use her for storylines. Probably keep her with Primo or just pull the trigger on her and Del Rio already. I like Drew McIntyre, I think he should cut his hair though and be more serious ... would love to see him versus Sheamus. The rest of 3MB can go away. Santino is the best at comedy and I think he should stick around. Hornswoggle LOST all his appeal the moment they made him able to talk ... which I thought was so stupid. Brad Maddox I don't mind ... but they REALLY should get him away from Vickie and have him be a manager, I think he'd be great at it. Brodus ... bye. I'd keep Tensai and just have him go by A-Train again, I think he'd be perfect as a midcard heel. I call a Ryder/Hawkins reunion with Hawkins being more serious and Ryder being the goofball ala Head Cheese. Curt Axel ... yeeeeeeah ... guy didn't connect on NXT and didn't connect as part of Nexus ... ugh.

mth
May 29th, 2013, 6:44 PM
-Big E. Langston
:wtf: Explanation required.

Ringo
-Heath Slater

FUCK OFF.

-Renee Young

Why?

-Big E. Langston

:blah:

Cewsh
I think Sin Caras problem from the get go is he can have good matches but nobody will really care about them if all he is able to do is point it things and wave his arms about. He cant even show emotion due to his mask so hes like a flippy robot or something.

Well that kind of runs counter the the entire premise of lucha libre. He became the biggest draw on the planet by doing nothing more than pointing and being expressive with his body instead of his face. Rey did much the same when he first came to WWE before the started giving him mic time and a more revealing mask. The mystery of it is what sells it to people.

Cewsh
May 29th, 2013, 6:45 PM
-Big E. Langston

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. You want them to release their top prospect?

Ringo
May 29th, 2013, 6:47 PM
Different environments though.

And he was working with other luchadors all the time.

Also, his gimmick/backstory had more depth. I know there's lots of religious gimmicks in Mexico, but since there's so many I assume they are generally popular.

His music was better too. I miss it. :(

Cewsh
May 29th, 2013, 6:50 PM
Different environments though.

And he was working with other luchadors all the time.

Also, his gimmick/backstory had more depth. I know there's lots of religious gimmicks in Mexico, but since there's so many I assume they are generally popular.

His music was better too. I miss it. :(

Well the biggest issue with Sin Cara is that they pushed him right onto television without giving him any time to adjust. The difference between WWE and CMLL is incredibly vast, right down to doing all moves starting with the opposite side of your body. And they put Cara in there with guys way to green to have any idea of how to work with him. The idea that he was asked to have a coherent match with Alex Riley in his first few weeks is ridiculous. WWE has more than enough guys with lucha experience that that never should have happened. So of course the timing was off, and Cara got blamed for everything that went wrong.

And WWE really failed to give him any sort of backstory beyond "International star". With luchadors, it's all about how you sell them, and WWE made a mess of things.

Mills
May 29th, 2013, 6:53 PM
I do like Drew cutting his hair to stick out positively

Mills
May 29th, 2013, 6:57 PM
Yeah, they put Cara with Chavo when he started in matches bit that did little to get him over. Most of the guys with Lucha experience were either too high up the card or not over at all, he was in a no win situation

Cewsh
May 29th, 2013, 7:01 PM
Yeah, they put Cara with Chavo when he started in matches bit that did little to get him over. Most of the guys with Lucha experience were either too high up the card or not over at all, he was in a no win situation

Yep. When Rey started, there were tons of well traveled veterans who knew his style to work with. Sin Cara was stuck with guys who had no clue for weeks. Even guys like Tyson Kidd, who are quality wrestlers, don't have the knowledge of lucha to help Cara get acclimated. What he needed was a debut feud with Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan or Alberto Del Rio. Guys who have wrestled that style and who have studied it, and him. Or, at the very least, someone like Randy Orton or Christian who have proven incredibly adaptable to any style. They gave him green jobbers, and then a prolonged feud against someone even less over than he was (Hunico). It was a mess.

Kimura Kid
May 29th, 2013, 8:16 PM
I'd cut:

-Renee Young
-Big E. Langston

That's craziness!!

Renee Young? Why would you cut her? She brings something to the table that no one before her has. She has more potential than 95% of the people on WWE's payroll!

And Big E? He hasn't even got his feet wet. If you watched him at all on NXT you could see he also has a ton of potential. He has proven his ability to get over and he has a lot of charisma!

Renee Young.....:freak:

JP
May 29th, 2013, 8:18 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. You want them to release their top prospect?

If Marco Rubio is their top prospect, God grant us strength.

mr sabu
May 29th, 2013, 8:45 PM
they need to appeal to the indian market so it's why kahli is kept..

mvp on twitter said kahli is basically a demi-god

Anaconda Sniper
May 29th, 2013, 9:10 PM
Some people I think they should cut:

Big Zeke his time has long passed and he was never good.
Usos I know they are generally loved on here..but they just don't have it.
Clay and Tensai Tensai should just take Clay to Japan with him.
JTG Unless they ever bring back Shad to reform cryme tyme let him go.
Jinder Mahal he sucks...Hawkins should have been the 3rd member of 3mb.
Rey Mysterio they don't need to release him but he needs to retire soon..always getting injured I don't want him ending up in a wheel chair.
Ted DiBiase I say give him one more chance and if doesn't work out cut him.
Yoshi Tatsu I guess hes their new Funaki?
Camacho worthless. Put Hunico in a mask and let him get over.

They really should give Riley another shot. What really happened with him? Was he too sloppy someone not like him? Both? He was getting so over and they just stopped.

One Man Gang
May 29th, 2013, 9:17 PM
What is Camacho doing these days? They should probably repackage him first before cutting him. Unless he wrestles frequently in NXT and completely sucks.

VHS
May 29th, 2013, 9:19 PM
He had a match on NXT recently, but that's about it. I still kind of like him, he seems pretty sound as a wrestler. Can't say for for 100% yet.

One Man Gang
May 29th, 2013, 9:22 PM
Well I wouldn't want to be the one who hands Haku's son his walking papers. That's how you lose an eyeball. So I suggest repackaging.

Ringo
May 29th, 2013, 9:29 PM
They could fire him and hire Haku's other, better son instead :yes:

Mills
May 29th, 2013, 9:31 PM
I liked his match with Big E a few months ago, but Camacho has barely been used.

One Man Gang
May 29th, 2013, 9:43 PM
They could fire him and hire Haku's other, better son instead :yes:

He has another son? This must be investigated.

Maybe someone should start a "who should WWE hire" thread.

JRSlim21
May 29th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Tama Tonga is pretty solid.

Maybe they're waiting to do a new gimmick with Camacho. Cause you know, he's beaming with Mexican pride. What's next? Oliver Stone casting Italians as Cubans?

MMH
May 30th, 2013, 3:26 AM
Well that kind of runs counter the the entire premise of lucha libre. He became the biggest draw on the planet by doing nothing more than pointing and being expressive with his body instead of his face. Rey did much the same when he first came to WWE before the started giving him mic time and a more revealing mask. The mystery of it is what sells it to people.

Thats all well and good but they aint in Mexico (well not much). Completely different audiences. So far there has been absolutely no reason to get behind him.

The Hunico story was a mess too mainly because they couldnt convey what was going on due to the lack of talking.

MMH
May 30th, 2013, 3:28 AM
FUCK OFF.

Why?

:blah:

Couldnt have said it better my self....

Renee Young is such a bizaare choice.

Otunga is a great guy to keep around too. He may not be great in the ring etc but he is a good talker and has other appeal what with him being a Harvard lawyer and married to a celebrity. Hes a really good guy to use for promotional stuff.

JRSlim21
May 30th, 2013, 6:01 AM
Speaking of, where is the Travel Coffee Mug? Creative has nothing for you?

the_man_diva
May 30th, 2013, 6:50 AM
Wow, I like how my one little opinion has people telling me to fuck off and this, that, and the other. When compiling my list, I simply wrote down the names of wrestlers who I really wouldn't miss if they got cut from the roster. I was thinking in terms of A.) the brand split being basically gone now and B.) those in development who could fulfill the roles already filled by those I put on my list. Renee Young, she's an interviewer ... cute girl, seems competent at her job ... but then again, you could find any pretty girl who has taken speech and diction classes, or has acting experience, and teach her to be an interviewer. If she's a wrestler, eh, I'm not too concerned considering I'd still rather see Paige, Summer Rae, Bayley, etc. I've got nothing against Big E. on a person level, but honestly, I see him and all I think is Ryblack. Sorry about it.

I actually really do like what Heath Slater does, but I was also agreeing with someone else in the respect that there are too many comedy characters floating around. I picked my favorite, Santino, and pretty much just put the others (Khali, Hornswoggle, Slater) on the list. Again though, if Slater were to get cut, I'd feel bad about him losing his job but I wouldn't really be upset like if they were to, say, release someone like Daniel Bryan or Antonio Cesaro.

What I wouldn't mind them doing is rotating a shitload of wrestlers OUT of the main roster, not releasing them, and just sending them to NXT to freshen them up, let them tinker with their gimmicks ... and rotate the NXT people out of NXT and into the main roster. Then, when people get stale, you just rotate 'em ... unless said performer just isn't getting it no matter how many chances you give them, then release them.

V-Line
May 30th, 2013, 7:00 AM
Renee Young is bloody good at what she does, why put a wrestler in a role that is specialized for a TV Presenter, makes no sense.

Big E has been on the main-roster 3 months and has been great in NXT....so release him.

Thats why people are jumping on your opinions, cause they are no good

MMH
May 30th, 2013, 7:03 AM
Shes a big wrestling fan too, and has only just started to be on WWE TV.

Simmo Fortyone
May 30th, 2013, 7:21 AM
the_man_diva you're talking about releasing people for the sheer sake of it, which doesn't achieve anything or help anyone.

I don't think they should release anyone. In fact, I think the roster is too small. If I were calling the shots there would be about 30-40 folks on the "enhancement talent" level (this includes tag teams and divas) who they use for jobber matches on the weekly shows regularly. That way when you have the "stars" facing each other on PPV, it's a big fucking deal because you haven't seen the match before. Why would I order a PPV where Sheamus is facing Mark Henry for the 20th time this year, when it could be the 1st or 2nd time despite them having plenty of involvement on Raw/Smackdown. You could also use SMS and Main Event and Youtube to have the lower card feuds so they get practice building a story/feud.

MMH
May 30th, 2013, 8:05 AM
the_man_diva you're talking about releasing people for the sheer sake of it, which doesn't achieve anything or help anyone.

I don't think they should release anyone. In fact, I think the roster is too small. If I were calling the shots there would be about 30-40 folks on the "enhancement talent" level (this includes tag teams and divas) who they use for jobber matches on the weekly shows regularly. That way when you have the "stars" facing each other on PPV, it's a big fucking deal because you haven't seen the match before. Why would I order a PPV where Sheamus is facing Mark Henry for the 20th time this year, when it could be the 1st or 2nd time despite them having plenty of involvement on Raw/Smackdown. You could also use SMS and Main Event and Youtube to have the lower card feuds so they get practice building a story/feud.

I like all of this.

OD50
May 30th, 2013, 8:44 AM
They way it used to be before the Monday Night Wars. I remember being ecstatic back in the day when we got a match like Koko B. Ware vs. Nikolai Volkoff on WWF Superstars. Made the PPV's and Saturday Night's Main Event shows that much more of a big deal.

MMH
May 30th, 2013, 8:55 AM
They way it used to be before the Monday Night Wars. I remember being ecstatic back in the day when we got a match like Koko B. Ware vs. Nikolai Volkoff on WWF Superstars. Made the PPV's and Saturday Night's Main Event shows that much more of a big deal.

Same here, always remember Smash vs the Ultimate Warrior and thought it was the greatest thing ever.

As Simmo alludes to, they dont have to be proper jobbers either. If you give the lower carders storylines and gimmicks too people will care about them.

Kimura Kid
May 30th, 2013, 9:32 AM
Renee Young, she's an interviewer ... cute girl, seems competent at her job ... but then again, you could find any pretty girl who has taken speech and diction classes, or has acting experience, and teach her to be an interviewer. If she's a wrestler, eh, I'm not too concerned considering I'd still rather see Paige, Summer Rae, Bayley, etc.

What Renee brings to the table you can't teach in a class room. She has a deep passion for professional wrestling & she's truly a student of the game. And it comes through on screen. Renee brings vivacious energy & endearing goofiness! She's also engaging and easy on the eyes. Most fans haven't seen much of her goofball personality yet, but should Young be let loose she's sure to be a valuable addition to the product.

Renee has the potential to be the most interesting and entertaining WWE employee with a microphone backstage.

WWE could get a welcome dose of fun!!

Hero!
May 30th, 2013, 9:48 AM
I really dont understand all the people who want to fire Tons of Funk or Santino. These guys are great for getting the little kids involved, selling merchandise, and adding some light hearted humor to the show.

OD50
May 30th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Is Santino injured or something? Haven't seen him in quite a while.

Cewsh
May 30th, 2013, 11:37 AM
I've got nothing against Big E. on a person level, but honestly, I see him and all I think is Ryblack. Sorry about it.

So a wrestling promotion can only have one muscular guy at a time? Really?

Hero!
May 30th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Might as well fire Lesnar and Ryback too, since we have Cena.

Beer-Belly
May 30th, 2013, 11:48 AM
There's been some pretty terrible opinions in this thread.

Some people seem to not understand why jobbers are necessary for a wrestling show.

TimeSplitter
May 30th, 2013, 11:56 AM
I understand the role of the Jobber, but we don't need this many jobbers. 3MB should be your jobbers, they cover all the squash categories. One on One, Tag Teams, and Six Man tags. Everybody else should get the pink slip.

Cewsh
May 30th, 2013, 11:56 AM
You should only be released if your momentum has fallen off so far that it's pretty much unsalvagable, (Yoshi Tatsu), or if the office has no idea how to use you at all, and releasing you would give you a chance to work on your craft elsewhere and better prepare you for your role, (Derrick Bateman). There's absolutely no need to cut people just to free up some space, especially not when you have a developmental territory.

Cewsh
May 30th, 2013, 11:57 AM
I understand the role of the Jobber, but we don't need this many jobbers. 3MB should be your jobbers, they cover all the squash categories. One on One, Tag Teams, and Six Man tags. Everybody else should get the pink slip.

So every job match should look exactly the same and feature the same characters? People would hate that.

Mr_Nobody
May 30th, 2013, 1:04 PM
I only have three that I would want to see released.

Alex Riley - He's not good. Even when he was getting his push with The Miz, he wasn't good, and he doesn't seem to be improving at all. Even as a jobber, he doesn't do a good enough job losing to be effective in the position, so he should be cut.

Ezekiel Jackson - Similar build to Big E Langston, but nowhere near the quality as him. To fill the same void, JTG is a better all around wrestler than Jackson, so if you need a big guy to help get people over, then I would rather have JTG, who is much more believable in the role, to me.

Jack Swagger - He's a good wrestler and character, but I think he should have been released prior to Wrestlemania, and the only thing that saved him is because he was in the angle with Del Rio. WWE should cut him, plain and simple for his arrest alone.

Other than these three, everyone else seems to serve their purpose. People like Zack Ryder and R-Truth, may not get a whole lot of TV time, but they are well liked with live crowds and house shows. Someone like The Great Khali, while crap in the ring, serves a purpose internationally, as just the mention of his appearance, will sell out an arena in India, and will get people to watch the show there as well. 3MB are the resident job squad, but they are well liked backstage, and can be put in almost any situation. I could see them continue as heels, switch to faces, and truth be told, I could see them going back and forth every week, depending on how the mood sways them.

Anaconda Sniper
May 30th, 2013, 2:48 PM
So it seems the popular opinions to let go are Big Zeke and Tatsu. I think we should make this a poll...with say up to 3 choices?

the_man_diva
May 30th, 2013, 7:07 PM
So a wrestling promotion can only have one muscular guy at a time? Really?

That's not even what I said, so try not to put words in my mouth, please? I mean, it's not like they're REALLY going to let half the people go that I mentioned on MY list with my opinion, lol. Again, all I said was that my list was basically compiled of people whom, if they were released, I wouldn't really miss seeing on television ... but again, I will reiterate, that instead of seeing ANYONE lose their job, simply because most of the people creative has no clue what to do with (Hawkins, Ryder, Riley, etc.) I wouldn't mind seeing talent rotated from the main roster and into NXT, and having the NXT roster rotated into the main roster.

But speaking of muscular guys on the roster ... what the hell happened to Mason Ryan? I haven't seen anything regarding him in a long while ...

Kimura Kid
May 30th, 2013, 7:15 PM
Ryan has been on NXT the past 2 weeks.

the_man_diva
May 30th, 2013, 7:27 PM
Ryan has been on NXT the past 2 weeks.

Thank you my friend, I've actually been kind of behind on NXT on the last month or so. There are just not enough hours in the day for me this month LOL.

Kimura Kid
May 30th, 2013, 7:35 PM
No Problem bud, Hope you get some time to catch up.....NXT has been red hot as of late.

Hero!
May 30th, 2013, 8:02 PM
Tatsu.

Tatsu could be amazing as a midcard face. I have no idea why they don't feature him...ever.

OH HE DOESN'T SPEAK ENGLISH...so what? The fans like the guy. He speaks some Engrish, enough to be a good light-hearted face for the kids. Not to mention, Japanese culture is pretty fuckin' popular. How many people watch anime, read manga, and play Japanese video games and just adore Japan for it? Fucking get Yoshi on TV. Throw him out there to face cats like Cesaro, Langston, Swagger, etc, who need a good <5min match on TV every so often.

Fuck, I really wanna see Punk/Tatsu or Bryan/Tatsu. STIFF.

Ringo
May 30th, 2013, 8:08 PM
Bryan/Tatsu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpgK5DMCMJ8

Danielson has wrestled bloody everyone.

I definitely would like to see Yoshi used more though. Remember when he won the pre-Mania battle royal? So much promise. :(

Hero!
May 30th, 2013, 8:18 PM
Yoshi was still a yougnboy there! I want a current Bryan/Yoshi. Plus, in the WWE environment it'll be faster and a little more explosive.

Remember Yoshi's debut? I thought he was the NEXT BIG THING. :(

Craig DeBoard
May 30th, 2013, 8:20 PM
I wouldn't cut any of them. If nothing else just repackage them. They've all proven they have at least something. Try out different things like new tag teams or give some of them managers. Look the world now Fandangos (yes, I know I said it wrong). You never know what fans will go crazy over next. Had this question been asked a year ago people would have listed Johnny Curtis to be fired. But now the guy is making money for the company. What happened last time WWE had too many guys? They started a little show called Smackdown. Turned out to be a good idea. And now they have too many main eventers on each show anyways. Kind of hard to put Orton, Cena, Sheamus, Rey Mysterio, Triple H, Alberto Del Rio, The Miz, Chris Jericho, Kane, and Daniel Bryan (all faces) as main event stars of your show when they're all on the same show. Spread that love out, bring back the brand extension, bring back the draft because that kept things fresh, and take some of these guys that people have listed such as R-Truth or Tyson Kidd or Ted DeBiase and make them stars too. Image in DeBiase, Kidd, Gabriel and Ezekiel Jackson were managed by Arn Anderson as a new 4 Horsemen. Now imagine if Flair brought in Riley, Hawkins, Ryder, and McIntyre as his own Horsemen. Not only do you keep a bunch of people on and don't have to pay out the rest of their contract but you also have two veterans, some of the best of all time, mentoring them and developing a really great feud that not only showcases talent rarely seen so it's new, but some of them are really solid talents (like Kidd and Gabriel). Just keep Flair and Anderson out of the ring (as managers only) and you have a way to build new talent out of guys who were otherwise considered by fans "future endeavored".

Anaconda Sniper
May 30th, 2013, 8:23 PM
Remember Yoshi's debut? I thought he was the NEXT BIG THING. :(

Theres your answer. :p

I mean I'd be fine if they gave him another shot. I only liked him when he was teaming with Goldust though.

ANT
May 30th, 2013, 9:27 PM

That would be ridiculously annoying.

The Law
May 30th, 2013, 9:36 PM
Who are the Raw/Smackdown jobbers right now? Ryder and 3MB are the only ones who consistently appear on the main shows to get squashed. Cesaro acts as a jobber to the stars but also wins some matches. I guess the Usos have shown up in that role a few times too.