PDA

View Full Version : Who would have you liked to see as Heymans new guy? *RAW spoiler*

Anaconda Sniper
May 21st, 2013, 3:52 PM
First off I'm not bashing his new guy by any means. But I feel there were so many better options and I hope this doesn't flop. As we all know this guy is pretty boring but is quite good in the ring..so it could work with Heyman as his mouth piece. So lets hope. But on this poll I would like to see who guys would have loved for it to be. For me I wish it was Antonio Cesaro..the guy is a straight up beast and we have seen what he can do with a lot of top names..and with Heyman in his corner that had a lot of success wrote on it. Other favorites I would have liked to seen..would have been Rhodes, Barrett, and Henry.

Jacknife
May 21st, 2013, 3:56 PM
I would have liked it to be Swagger. I like Zeb, but I think Paul Heyman can do more for Jack than Zeb can.

Anaconda Sniper
May 21st, 2013, 3:58 PM
Also I didn't add Daniel Bryan, Kofi, or Kane as they are mixed up with the Shield right now. But D Bry would have been a great one too.

G-Fresh
May 21st, 2013, 3:58 PM
I was hoping it would be the Blue Meanie.

Andy
May 21st, 2013, 3:59 PM
Neither Rhodes, Barrett or Henry need a mouthpiece IMO. They're all established in their own way already too. Not that that means Heyman wouldn't be good for them though.

Cesaro would've been my choice.

Andy
May 21st, 2013, 3:59 PM
And I don't think Bryan would be a good idea right now considering he's the most over face in the company.

Cewsh
May 21st, 2013, 4:07 PM
:shifty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj7ImZdV4Tg

Kneeneighbor
R - V - D

mth
Put a spoiler warning in the thread title 'cuz you can at least know who it wasn't given the options.

Voted for Cesaro 'cuz I think Heyman could have added the piece he's been missing and helped get him the needed heat to go along with his skills. As far as the actual client is concerned, I thought he sucked way back but haven't seen anything from him since then so I have no real fair ground to judge. Willing to give him a chance.

Anaconda Sniper
May 21st, 2013, 4:09 PM
True about Rhodes, Barrett, and Henry..but I feel with Heyman in their corner they would get a lot more exposure and more heat. And with Daniel Bryan..I feel an awesome heel run with Heyman would be great only for him to be screwed by Heyman for a huge mega face turn.

Anaconda Sniper
May 21st, 2013, 4:12 PM
Sorry about that mth..I meant to put that when I made the thread.

The Law
May 21st, 2013, 4:28 PM
A manager isn't solely a mouthpiece. CM Punk doesn't need a mouth piece. Ric Flair never needed a mouthpiece, but he still had various managers throughout his career. Triple H never needed a mouthpiece, but he had managers at various points in his career. One primary use for a manager is to talk for a wrestler, especially one who isn't very good at talking for themselves. But it's not the only use.

I think Cesaro probably would have been the best choice. He's a solid performer who doesn't talk very well and doesn't get a ton of heat. I think having Paul Heyman at his side would nicely make up for those deficiencies.

turdpower
May 21st, 2013, 4:32 PM
The Shield, but rather than the whole "client" thing he just becomes part of the stable. Like Punk, they don't need him but it would be epic.

Lagom
May 21st, 2013, 4:35 PM
Kurt Angle.

Ringo
May 21st, 2013, 5:27 PM
Curtis Axel! Cesaro is the only other one on the list I'd really have liked. Ryback too possibly.

The others either don't need it or aren't the right fit.

Have to say though, I do love the little managerial renaissance we've seen as of late. Zeb, AJ & Big E, Ricardo, Heyman. You've also got valets for Tons Of Funk, Primo & Epico and Khali. Vickie managing Ziggler & Swagger was cool a while back too.

Andy
May 21st, 2013, 5:45 PM
Summer Rae too. Yeah it's really good.

The Law
May 21st, 2013, 6:24 PM
There are several good potential managers being wasted as on-air authority figures too. Brad Maddox, Vickie Guerrero, Teddy Long, and probably Booker T would be more useful as managers than they are currently appearing in one or two segments per week to announce matches. We could easily just go back to the days where the on-screen authority figure only appeared occasionally when something important happened. That would be a perfect role for Vince. He can show up a few times a year to vacate a title or set up an especially big match. Other than that, the show can just run itself.

One Man Gang
May 21st, 2013, 6:52 PM
:shifty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj7ImZdV4Tg

I actually would have preferred this despite not knowing much about him. I heard good things and was told he could speak English. But putting him with Heyman at least would have ensured a push and thus not become another Yoshi Tatsu to WWE. Ah well. I wonder when his contract extension ends.

When it comes to the poll, I'm divided between Cesaro, Orton, and Ryback. Cesaro is much more entertaining in the ring than Hennig IMHO and could use the mouthpiece. Ryback, despite what some think, really hasn't mastered the microphone either. Orton...well the less he says the better for his gimmick. But he'd fit the best with Heymans evil killer stable and his career could certainly use the heel turn.

Ringo
May 21st, 2013, 6:54 PM
I hope Okada never ever goes to WWE.

Cewsh
May 21st, 2013, 6:56 PM
If he did though, that would have been the perfect opportunity.

But he'd be insane to, with how hard New Japan is pushing him and how hot they are.

Ringo
May 21st, 2013, 7:00 PM
It did cross my mind last night, I'll admit.

Beer-Belly
May 21st, 2013, 7:25 PM
I was glad with who the new Heyman guy turned out to be. Cesaro would have been nice, though.

Ryback actually gave a pretty good promo last night. I thought I read somewhere that he wears the knit cap to cover up an ear piece that feeds him lines. Regardless, Heyman already has a much better monster in his stable and adding another to his employ would feel like overkill.

JRSlim21
May 21st, 2013, 11:51 PM
Happy with the actual choice. For kicks, I picked Cesaro. Cesaro has the build of the next superstar, which in theory could make it a bit crowded at the top with Brock and CM.