PDA

View Full Version : Lesnar's Next Fight(s)

The Law
May 21st, 2013, 12:42 PM
Alright, so it seems like Brock Lesnar is working the same schedule this year as last year: Fighting at Extreme Rules, Summerslam, and Wrestlemania. Who should he fight next?

If I had to put money on it, I'd say he probably goes against Randy Orton at Summerslam and then Triple H again at Wrestlemania. Orton is the biggest guy on the roster he's never really worked with (before someone corrects me, I know that Orton faced Lesnar in his first WWE TV match). I'm not terribly interested in seeing him face either Orton or Triple H, but it seems like the way WWE will go. If Rock is working Wrestlemania 30, he probably faces Lesnar, but that's up in the air right now.

I'd like to see Lesnar face Sheamus at Summerslam. Sheamus is a guy that WWE clearly believes in, and I think that he's one of their top babyfaces going forward. Him feuding with Lesnar, especially if they portray it as him being the only guy on the roster who isn't afraid of him, would be huge for him. Even if he were to lose the match, it would definitely add to his credibility.

Other possible Lesnar opponents: Undertaker, CM Punk, John Cena

Who would you want to see Lesnar face? Who do you think he actually will face?

Badger
May 21st, 2013, 12:52 PM
Punk/Lesnar in a Heyman on a Pole match.

The Rosk
May 21st, 2013, 12:55 PM
Almost certainly Orton (as they've been building him up), who Lesnar will beat, to set up either Rock or Taker at WM30, which he will lose. Done.

Bennedy
May 21st, 2013, 1:02 PM
Triple H vs Lesnar 4? At Wrestlemania 30? Not a chance.

Would love to see Lesnar vs Sheamus. Would be a really great, fresh match.

JP
May 21st, 2013, 1:07 PM
Taker at Summerslam, rematch at WM.

Back story is already there both in and out of the WWE.

The Law
May 21st, 2013, 1:10 PM
I wouldn't dismiss the possibility. If Rock doesn't work Wrestlemania next year and Undertaker faces Cena, Triple H and Punk are the only top level opponents for Lesnar. If Extreme Rules draws a good buyrate it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to go back to a match that's drawn well the previous three times they did it. Clearly, there's some unfinished business there and wouldn't exactly be shocking for Triple H to want to get his win back from Lesnar (again).

I'm not arguing that they should do it, but I also thought it was pretty stupid for them to do it a second time (and a third time).

Ringo
May 21st, 2013, 1:21 PM
Would love to see: Brock/Sheamus, Brock/Taker, Brock/Rock, Brock/Dave. Can't see the first two happening at Mania, so they are possibilities for Summerslam. I'm sure Brock/Rock is the first choice for Mania if they can get him to wrestle again. No actual evidence that Dave will come back, but you never know.

Brock/Orton I could get into if they booked it right. Brock/Ryback could work too.

For me Brock should mix it up with a less established superstar and Sheamus is the best choice. Would likely be a hell of a match too.

I don't see anything other than Cena/Taker at Mania XXX by the way.

Cold_Hearted_Truth
May 21st, 2013, 1:33 PM
My guess would be Orton.Would give Orton something half way interesting to do for the first time in years as they can focus on the distant link of the past.

Surprised it hasn't been done already, but maybe set up Orton's heel turn after Summerslam.

Jacknife
May 21st, 2013, 1:44 PM
I would like to see a team Heyman (Punk, Lesnar, Axel) vs. HHH, Undertaker, and someone else at Summerslam.

Atty
May 21st, 2013, 1:48 PM
Taker/Brock is an obvious and natural choice.

Peter Griffin
May 21st, 2013, 2:04 PM
Have them rehire Zach Gowan just so Brock can repeat the epicness of their 2003 confrontations :D

Bennedy
May 21st, 2013, 2:25 PM
Zach Gowan was bloody brilliant.

Andy
May 21st, 2013, 2:42 PM
I don't want to see Brock/Sheamus personally. No doubt the match would be good but Sheamus is boring and his character is all over the place at the moment. They'd end up making Brock looks like a plucky face against Sheamus.

Orton would be good. Taker would be better. Rock would be good for Mania, they could just do Cena/Taker the next time.

I would love to see WWE offer Lesnar a full time contract without house shows of something. Even just for six months. I love the guy.

OD50
May 21st, 2013, 3:17 PM
Wouldn't be shocked if we get Punk/Lesnar/Axel vs. HHH/?/? (Evolution reunion would be epic) at SummerSlam. OR maybe a 'Dream Team' of HHH/Rock/Austin. :D

Setting the stage for Austin/Punk and Rock/Brock at Mania XXX.

Kneeneighbor
May 21st, 2013, 4:13 PM
Punk/Lesnar/Axel vs HHH/Rock/Austin

Wonder who is taking the fall in that match

Zacharie
May 21st, 2013, 5:42 PM
Summer Slam - Brock vs. Orton or Sheamus - doesn't matter who.

Survivor Series - Heyman guys vs. HHH guys

Rumble - He turns on Punk

WM - Brock/Punk

turdpower
May 21st, 2013, 5:45 PM
It's Brock/Rock at WM. Surely.

It's been rumoured for few years, right? They even teased it in the video of Brock invading WWE HQ.

hitster
May 21st, 2013, 5:50 PM
Lesnar vs Taker at SS would be a huge match and could then be done as a rematch at Mania 30 or 31. They could look to elevate Alberto Del Rio if he does not get the World Title back by pitting him against Brock, battle of the arm bars plus Ricardo and Heyman would work well together outside the ring.

With Lesnar disappearing for so long, is there any chance they save up his appearances to give him a 3 or 4 PPV run in succession like Rock came back for this year?

Also with such a limited schedule they would be loathe to use a PPV match in a tag or even put him in the Rumble unless he would win the whole thing or go to the final 2.

Cewsh
May 21st, 2013, 6:06 PM
It's Brock/Rock at WM. Surely.

It's been rumoured for few years, right? They even teased it in the video of Brock invading WWE HQ.

I would be very surprised if Rock ever wrestles again. This is his second serious injury in two Wrestlemanias.

G-Fresh
May 21st, 2013, 6:55 PM
Taker would be cool.

Andy
May 21st, 2013, 7:07 PM
Lesnar is signed on for two Mania to Mania years including this one, right?

I'd love him to win the title at Mania next year, then have WWE use up all his appearances for the next year in the first three or four PPVs after Mania. Could build a story about someone taking him out of WWE once and for all and taking the title off him. Maybe Langston could be ready by that time.

Peter Griffin
May 21st, 2013, 7:10 PM
Yeh, but Lesnar seems to be all about the money, I doubt he would give up a fairly substantial WM payday.

Ringo
May 21st, 2013, 7:15 PM
I want two more Brock matches at Mania.

I actually like that he's not a regular roster member - it wouldn't be the same. Coming in for these big money fights adds a lot to his aura.

Andy
May 21st, 2013, 7:23 PM
I'm not sure that the idea "Brock is all about the money" really fits what we've seen from him in this run. He obviously doesn't want the horrible schedule of a full time WWE star but the quality of his feuds and matches have been absolutely top notch so he clearly cares about his work in wrestling.

lotjx
May 21st, 2013, 8:26 PM
I would be very surprised if Rock ever wrestles again. This is his second serious injury in two Wrestlemanias.

Agreed. There are a lot of Hollywood people telling Rock to cool it. I am sure one would talk some sense into him. He has done enough. Brock vs. Anyone not named HHH is fine by me. Personally, I want to see him go on a tear especially if its Brock/Taker at Mania to rebuild him. Crying like a bitch in the figure four was sad.

mr sabu
May 21st, 2013, 8:43 PM
kenny shamrock

Kev
May 21st, 2013, 8:43 PM
I think at a PPV, Punk/Lesnar and Bryan/Lesnar would be immense. I know the 'Mania days are reserved for the huge names, but there's no reason why someone like a Daniel Bryan wouldn't benefit from being put into the same league as Brock on a minor show.

I can just imagine the crowd...

I really wish they held off on Cena until Wrestlemania 30.

I'm not entirely against Orton/Lesnar either. I think the crowd may turn against Orton for that one though..

StoneColdChris
May 21st, 2013, 10:04 PM
Orton/Lesnar would be alright, F5 counter into the RKO would be sweet

Atty
May 21st, 2013, 10:25 PM
I think at a PPV, Punk/Lesnar and Bryan/Lesnar would be immense. I know the 'Mania days are reserved for the huge names, but there's no reason why someone like a Daniel Bryan wouldn't benefit from being put into the same league as Brock on a minor show.

I can just imagine the crowd...

I really wish they held off on Cena until Wrestlemania 30.

I'm not entirely against Orton/Lesnar either. I think the crowd may turn against Orton for that one though..

Bryan/Brock could be brilliant if they actually pushed Brock as a monster and gave him the Eddie treatment.

Kev
May 21st, 2013, 10:45 PM
Orton/Lesnar would be alright, F5 counter into the RKO would be sweet

How I guess I'd book it:

...Lesnar comes out to destroy both people in the ring. One of those happens to be Orton, who just naturally counters into an RKO. This frustrates the hell out of Lesnar who goes on a rampage, unable to get the better of Orton, driving to be more and more violent, looking at getting to Orton via different ways (ambushing him backstage, harming those close to him). Lesnar essentially becomes driven, possessed to hit the F5 on Orton and will stop at nothing. Orton wants revenge, Lesnar wants the F5, with both having a clear agenda they've both got emotional investment and clearly defined reasons for wanting to wrestle each other.

Atty
May 21st, 2013, 10:52 PM
Here's how I'd book it:

Brock gives Orton a Hardcore powerbomb.

The Red Spider
May 21st, 2013, 10:57 PM
Ahahaha, you're a prick.

Did you end up reading Holly's interview where he discussed that whole thing?

Brock Lesnar breaking his neck: "Let me clear something up, people write stupid s--t on the internet all the time saying me and Brock didn't get along, me and him got along just fine and we worked well together. I did break my neck during a match with Brock but he called me all the time whilst I was in the hospital checking up on me. People say that he did it on purpose and I got what I deserved, let me tell you something no one deserves to get a broken neck number one, and he didn't do it on purpose!"

Guess Brock's not really a jerk behind the scenes as much as he'd want us to believe it.

Beer-Belly
May 21st, 2013, 11:00 PM
Bob Holly is a buck-toothed cock sucker.

Mills
May 24th, 2013, 11:59 PM
That's an interesting reaction. That said, Lesnar's next opponent HAS to be Bryan. You gotta think they'd make for a fantastic TV main event, even a PPV match. I don't know how Lesnars contract works out in terms of dates, but he'd look like a beast when it was all done.

ReDPath
May 25th, 2013, 7:45 PM
Hmmm someone credible/plausible for Lesnar?

Orton? - Nada, he's been a boring twat for some time now, has no believability anymore. The only way to regain that is to have him destroy superboy Cena somewhere this summer, but nobody gets over on Cena except Dwayne so I doubt it even happens. A shame really, Heel vs Heel for a change for a change of pace.

Bryan? - Nada, he's in one of the few credible tag teams right now

HHH? - Lesnar got the finale score, let it be. Another round would be an obvious HHH ego stroke.

Taker? - Plausible, though I think Taker is breaking down considerably for someone whose being used as a one timeish attraction every year, better late than never, but the sooner, the better.

Cena? - No thanks, talk about predetermined.

Sheamus? - Is not ready.

Ryback? - Is not ready.

Bats in a return? - Absolutely could work

Jake Roberts after he wins Rumble 2014? - Could be quite stunning, Roberts could lock him in a UFC style cage full of Cobras and other deadly snakes in the build towards Mania.

The Rock? - Not sure really. Rock looked gassed beyond belief in all his matches since his return. All that extra muscle seems to have actually made him worse in ring besides the long layoff. When he came back in 03, he was in far better shape, pretty much the same as he was before. If he remains this jacked for all his movie roles. Every match he's in seems like its going to be have to be carried by someone else.

Austin? - Would be epic to be honest. After that tease at Mania before he left, I always thought it would've been a great idea especially since Lesnar was supposed to be 'the guy' when Austin/Rock packed their shit up.

Ziggler? - I can't stand this guy, think he's quite overrated as any mid level/top heel. Have everyone turn on him/build him as an underdog face vs Lesnar, who knows. Maybe it'd work.

Punk? - Would be great as heel/heel or face/heel.

So there ya have it, 13 names you could throw into a hat.

Of them...I'd say about 6 are good options...the rest? Please no.

Mills
May 25th, 2013, 8:29 PM
You're awful. I'd watch Bryan, Taker, Cena, Ziggler or Punk for actual matchups. The others, especially Jake Roberts and an UFC cage of cobras, are down right dumb

BullyRayStoleMyLunch
May 30th, 2013, 4:32 PM
Clearly, it'll never happen, but Lesnar/HBK would be amazing, and already have the story behind it.

Atty
May 30th, 2013, 4:34 PM
I'd have liked 2008 heel Jericho against Brock.

Andy
May 30th, 2013, 5:04 PM
Tension builds between Heyman and Punk after Heyman accepts the match without Punk's permission. But Punk wins the match at Payback. Punk says he's fulfilled his contractual obligations and now he's leaving until he's ready to come back. A sheepish Heyman says he's already arranged Punk's next match - against Big Show in a number 1 contenders match. Meanwhile, he's secured a title shot for Curtis Axel, who has now beaten Trips, Cena and Orton in consecutive weeks. More and more disgruntled, Punk threatens to no show his matches if Heyman is going to continue to book him in matches without consulting him and give Axel preferential treatment. Worried he'll be fired if Punk does this, Heyman promises he'll make it up to him and apologises for dropping the ball. He says Punk is still the best in the world and he'll make sure he treats him like that. Next up, it's MITB time and Punk has his title shot against Cena.

After a gruelling match, we're still no closer to finding a winner. Ref bump, Lesnar's music hits. Paul Heyman hurries him down the aisle, it looks like he's here to help the other Paul Heyman guy. Heyman made a promise to Punk and it looks like he's using Lesnar to make sure Punk becomes champ again. Lesnar in the ring, eyes up Cena, then F5s him. Punk looks at Heyman and intimates that it's about time he made good on his promises. Heyman smiles manically and turns to Lesnar. "You know what to do Brock". Lesnar turns to Punk, F5s him, puts Cena on top of him. A groggy ref recovers and counts the three. Heyman has turned on Punk. Punk/Lesnar feud for the next few months to determine the number one contender for the Royal Rumble or whatever. Boom done. Please hire me WWE.

MikeHunt
May 30th, 2013, 5:13 PM
Sounds crap, no thanks.

Craig DeBoard
May 30th, 2013, 8:04 PM
I'm seeing Punk turn face when he returns to help get over Axel as a heel. The two will feud until Lesnar comes back. Lesnar will face Punk at Mania. Axel will be placed in an upper mid-card feud for Summerslam. Triple H likely won't return until Mania in my opinion. The point to his "concussion" is to write him off of TV. Although seeing a hell Triple H turn at Mania 30 would be fantastic. A heel boss worked before. No reason it can't work again.