PDA

View Full Version : WWE Payback 2013: 6/16 in Chicago, Illinois

Pages : [1] 2

Kimura Kid
May 20th, 2013, 10:16 AM
http://www.wwe.com/f/wysiwyg/image/2013/03/20130311_Payback_LIGHT_HOMEPAGE.jpg

WWE Heavyweight Title Three Stages Of Hell Match
John Cena (c) vs. Ryback
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/show_matchup/public/match/image/2013/05/20130520_EP_payback_cenaryback_HOMEPAGE.jpg

World Heavyweight Championship
Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Alberto Del Rio
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/show_matchup/public/match/image/2013/06/20130605_EP_LIGHT_payback_delrio-ziggler_C-homepage.jpg

Singles Match
Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/show_matchup/public/match/image/2013/06/20130524_EP_payback_JerichoPunk_2-C_HOMEPAGE.jpg

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Curtis Axel vs Wade Barrett (c) vs The Miz
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/show_matchup/public/match/thumb/2013/06/20130610_EP_LIGHT_payback_AxelBarrettMiz_HOMEPAGE. jpg

WWE United States Championship
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Kane
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/show_matchup/public/wysiwyg/image/2013/06/20130610_EP_LIGHT_payback_AmbroseKane_HOMEPAGE.jpg

WWE Tag Team Championships
The Shield (c) vs. Randy Orton & Daniel Bryan
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/show_matchup/public/match/thumb/2013/06/20130610_EP_LIGHT_payback_TagMatch_HOMEPAGE.jpg

WWE Divas Chamionship
Kaityln (c) vs. AJ
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/show_matchup/public/wysiwyg/image/2013/06/20130610_EP_LIGHT_payback_KaitlynAj_HOMEPAGE.jpg

Pre Show
Damien Sandow vs. Sheamus
http://www.wwe.com/f/widget/itout/2013/06/20130610_ToutT_payback_PreShow.jpg

Kimura Kid
May 20th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Gotta be honest.......

The name makes me wary....Seems like it's gonna be a bunch of rematches.

Ryback vs. Cena II. The way their match ended at Extreme Rules, it's obvious they'll continue at Payback.
(Nobody is going to wanna see that match in Chicago....not sure wtf they are thinking)

Expecting Swagger vs. ADR vs. Dolph to happen, despite ADR winning the #1C match at Extreme Rules.

Surely Kaitlyn will defend the title this time against AJ Lee. They've hinted at these two fighting for the belt for months now.

Dean Ambrose will prolly defend the US title against Kofi as well as Reigns and Rollins defending the tag-titles in a rematch with Team Hell No. All of them better retain too.

Hopefully CM Punk is involved somehow.

turdpower
May 20th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Shield vs Hell No/Kofi for all the titles?

One Man Gang
May 21st, 2013, 6:37 PM
I'm debating whether or not to get tickets to this one. I will be in town for it though and it seems like every time I pass up a Chicago event, we get Punk winning the title or Brock vs Cena. On the other hand the June pay per view rarely gets booked strong these days.

mr sabu
May 22nd, 2013, 1:57 AM
main event in a barbed wire steel cage mma match

brock lesner vs westboro baptist church

JRSlim21
May 22nd, 2013, 9:14 PM
Westboro Baptist Church, led by Swagger & Colter. $$$$

Kimura Kid
May 25th, 2013, 11:10 AM
This just got me super excited!! Hoping he comes back in his hometown!!

http://www.wwe.com/f/wysiwyg/image/2013/05/Dark_Knight_642VAR.jpg

StoneColdWWE316
May 26th, 2013, 1:36 PM
No doubt he would get a MASSIVE Pop if he shows up at Payback.

Kimura Kid
May 28th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Updated OP with Up to Date Card

Kimura Kid
May 28th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Does anyone else feel like the match may not happen?

The whole Heyman accepting the match without discussing it wiith punk?

Seems odd......

Kneeneighbor
May 28th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Yeah I am going to go with Curtis Axel to beat Jericho at the PPV

StoneColdChris
May 28th, 2013, 11:50 AM
I highly doubt they advertise Punk in Chicago of all places and have him not show up.

Kneeneighbor
May 28th, 2013, 1:09 PM
There are still a few weeks for him to say nope not doing it. Expect some development on raw

The Law
May 28th, 2013, 1:16 PM
So Ryback vs. Cena and Punk vs. Jericho are both announced. I would anticipate the rest of the card to look something like this:

Ziggler vs. Del Rio
Rollins and Reigns vs. Orton and Sheamus
Barrett vs. Miz vs. Fandango
Bryan vs. Kane
Curtis Axel vs. Kofi

Don't have a match for Big Show. Given that he's reportedly hurt they should probably just let him rest for a few weeks and heal up. Or he could face someone like R-Truth on the preshow. Also probably no match for Swagger.

Ringo
May 28th, 2013, 6:01 PM
Would like to see an Ambrose defence on the card. Not entirely sure where they're going with Bryan and Kane but it's possible they are indeed working on Bryan transforming into more of a legit tough guy than a comedy guy in preparation for a push - given what we saw last night. Bryan challenging Ambrose in an attempt to prove to Kane he can do it on his own would a) make sense and b) be awesome. Do it.

Not sure what the best choice for Axel is right now. Having him face and beat Jericho after Punk loses to him at Payback would be interesting. That could be the way they're going. I want to see Cody turn face and perhaps they could do Axel/Cody based around their family legacies. The fans like chanting for his moustache so hopefully that would work.

Good card though. IC triple threat, Orton & Sheamus/Shield, Ziggler/Del Rio are all pretty fresh.

The Law
May 28th, 2013, 6:14 PM
I really like the Barrett/Fandango/Miz feud because it's nice to see some three way feuds. Ziggler/Del Rio/Swagger was the same way. Having heels be able to dislike other heels and faces dislike other faces is a nice throwback to the Attitude Era. Heels shouldn't all be buddy-buddy with each other and the same goes for faces. It makes them seem more like real people and less like cartoon characters that sometimes guys of the same face/heel alignment can have issues with each other. It doesn't have to always be Team Face vs. Team Heel.

If we could get some more continuity in terms of guys who have feuded in the past still not liking each other even though they're the same alignment that would be nice too. It's tough because so many guys feud with each other over the course of years, but I think there's a certain level of feud that should generally prevent guys from ever being friendly again. Cena and Orton, after all they've done to each other, really shouldn't ever get along again.

Beer-Belly
May 28th, 2013, 6:31 PM
I asked this in the Raw thread, but I might as well ask it here: wouldn't it make sense to put Punk/Jericho on last? There's no way that the 3 stages match is going to get near the response that Punk returning in Chicago will generate.

Andy
May 28th, 2013, 6:42 PM
Chicago will shit all over that match. All over it. They should put it on first.

Beer-Belly
May 28th, 2013, 6:51 PM
Giving that match the 3 Stages of Hell gimmick takes some real balls. If every stage is built around preventing both guys from looking weak then there's nothing hellacious about it. What was wrong with just doing an Ambulance match?

Hero!
May 28th, 2013, 6:52 PM
I don't think Punk is actually gonna show. I assume we'll get Axel coming out and wrestling in his place.

edit: of course Cewsh already said that. Bastard is always stealing my thoughts.

Beer-Belly
May 28th, 2013, 7:09 PM
That would be an excellent way to get the fans to throw stuff in the ring and shit all over the entire show. Awful idea.

Hero!
May 28th, 2013, 7:11 PM
Ok, then you SWERVE the crowd at the end and have Punk driving the ambulance.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6QIo81lm27o/T_hISy39xMI/AAAAAAAAA10/kLBmYBgPerU/s1600/vincemcmahon.jpg

Beer-Belly
May 28th, 2013, 7:16 PM
I'd still pull a DVDA and throw fish heads in the ring. There's a difference between "card subject to change" and "HAHA, fuck you thanks for your money".

Kimura Kid
May 28th, 2013, 7:21 PM
Yeah I would be devastated, No if's and's or but's about it.

If they build punk to wrestle and then don't.......they know better. Cannot happen.

I would really expect the match to be rescheduled before payback.

I honestly think it's to soon for his return. As much as I would love it to be true.

mr sabu
May 29th, 2013, 5:06 AM
in a swerve twist of events jericho's opponent will be Curtis Cesaro

Hero!
May 29th, 2013, 9:50 PM
Punk has tweeted nothing but sports games and friendship adventures since leaving. I know it's weird to say, but I kind of hope he doesn't come back just because the WWE is in Chicago. The dude has had a total of like 5 weeks off in 7 years, even with two injuries. He seems to enjoying his personal time right now going to sports events and hanging with friends and fucksake, the guy deserves it.

I know that sending Axel to replace him will murder the crowd, but I don't want Punk rushing back just to sell tickets. He deserves more respect than that. He rushed back from break too quickly the last time and I don't see him coming back until he's ready physically and mentally to be back, in whatever capacity he sees fit.

StoneColdWWE316
May 29th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Ok but why say he's going to be there and then him not show up?

Hero!
May 29th, 2013, 10:17 PM
To sell tickets...

StoneColdWWE316
May 29th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Ok but I can't see him not returning.

kangus
May 29th, 2013, 10:33 PM
It's alright StoneColdWWE316, why don't you give that big brain of yours rest for while. You deserve it buddy.

JRSlim21
May 29th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Ok but why say he's going to be there and then him not show up?

Because he's a heel?

The Law
May 29th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Has WWE ever blatantly false advertised on a scale like that? I can't imagine them saying Punk is going to wrestle at the show and then having him not show up. Fucking over the fans on that kind of scale is a very dangerous thing to do, and it definitely wouldn't be worth the few thousand extra PPVs they would sell by doing it. Advertising that a match is going to happen while never intending to do it is a truly horrible thing to do. People put money down to see Punk, you'd better give them Punk. Does anyone actually think it would be a good idea for them to have Punk not show? And where did the idea that Punk wouldn't be there come from?

The closest thing I can think of is when they said they were going to do Edge/Orton on Raw in 2006 after Orton had been sent home from the tour for trashing his hotel room. Instead, Cena and Michaels went the full hour, so no one really minded. That was different because it was on Raw, they hadn't announced the match before that night, and it wasn't taking place in either of their hometowns.

Mills
May 29th, 2013, 11:42 PM
it could change between now and the ppv

Beer-Belly
May 30th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Has WWE ever blatantly false advertised on a scale like that? I can't imagine them saying Punk is going to wrestle at the show and then having him not show up. Fucking over the fans on that kind of scale is a very dangerous thing to do, and it definitely wouldn't be worth the few thousand extra PPVs they would sell by doing it. Advertising that a match is going to happen while never intending to do it is a truly horrible thing to do. People put money down to see Punk, you'd better give them Punk. Does anyone actually think it would be a good idea for them to have Punk not show? And where did the idea that Punk wouldn't be there come from?
I'm kind of amazed at the amount of people that think this is a good idea. The idea is to make people want to buy your shows, not swear off the concept altogether.

Kimura Kid
May 30th, 2013, 12:18 PM
I don't think anyone thinks it's a good idea. And I don't believe that they would book punk to only have him no show during the event. But I think most believe the match isn't going to happen. It seems to early for a return and that whole angle on Raw left a ton of doubt in my mind. The match was accepted by Heyman, Not Punk. And he made the decision out of anger without discussing it with his client. Punk chose to leave on his terms. Now Heyman is going to make the match and schedule his return without consulting Punk? Yeah....seems legit!!

Seems to me like we are going to be seeing some shenanigans before payback. And a Face Turn upon Punk Return at SummerSlam. I don't think he's going to be too happy with Heyman after this whole situation.

But that's just my interpretation of how things will unfold.

Hero!
May 30th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Card subject to change, suckas

I assume we'll get a few weeks of Heyman nervously stating "OF COURSE CM PUNK WILL BE THERE" and sneaking phone calls to Punk that go unanswered.

Beer-Belly
May 30th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Card subject to change, suckas

That doesn't apply to storyline bullshit. If it does, then it sets a precedent that allows them to advertise anything they want and not have to worry about any repercussions when they don't deliver.

Their stock would take a huge hit if they pulled this shit, by the way.

Kimura Kid
May 30th, 2013, 1:00 PM
Yeah, Guess I was wrong. Looks as if some people DO think they wood pull some shady ass business practices on their loyal fans.

I don't....It would be stupid business.

Morrison
May 30th, 2013, 2:22 PM
they have three weeks until the PPV, and clearly they know what the fuck they're trying to do. three weeks from now punk will have been gone for nearly two and a half months, so it's necessarily CRAZY to think he'll show up and wrestle a match that's down the road from his own home. either that, or the storyline will dictate something else in the next couple weeks of build.

Cewsh
May 30th, 2013, 2:28 PM
Their stock would take a huge hit if they pulled this shit, by the way.

That's purely speculative. There's no precedent to suggest that that would be the case. If they DID do that, it's not like it would just be them hyping Punk and then swapping in Axel with no explanation. It would be an angle done to get heat on Punk in his own town. It seems unlikely to me that it would happen at all, but the stock doesn't drop based on what storylines they run, and people have never historically avoided buying PPVs the next month because of a stunt that was pulled the previous, that I'm aware of.

Beer-Belly
May 30th, 2013, 2:44 PM
It's speculative, but not unrealistic. The stock wouldn't drop because of the storyline, but because of the negative reaction from fans who got gypped out their money.

Have they ever pulled a stunt like that for no reason? When Austin got ran over it was done because he had to get neck surgery.

OD50
May 30th, 2013, 2:48 PM
Pretty sure Punk shows up.. Not so sure he actually wrestles. Should be interesting though.

Kneeneighbor
May 30th, 2013, 2:50 PM
They have three weeks before the thing. I don't think they are struggling for ticket sales and you can't order the PPV yet as far as I know. They have time.

Cewsh
May 30th, 2013, 2:51 PM
It's speculative, but not unrealistic. The stock wouldn't drop because of the storyline, but because of the negative reaction from fans who got gypped out their money.

Have they ever pulled a stunt like that for no reason? When Austin got ran over it was done because he had to get neck surgery.

They've done plenty of bait and switches before. I don't think that this one would have a huge impact on the viewing audience as a whole, because Punk hasn't been gone all that long and he isn't a babyface. So there isn't this rabid demand for him that would result in people getting angry over having him taken from them. I think that it would for sure piss off people in Chicago who bought tickets expecting to see him, but it's not like this is even the main event of the show. If they played the angle right, it wouldn't even be a bad thing.

Beer-Belly
May 30th, 2013, 3:14 PM
And the people who paid sixty bucks for the PPV? Yeah, I'm sure that will roll right off their backs. You're delusional if you think that the paying audience will just shrug that off.

They've got three weeks to develop this, but if they're still advertising Punk until right before the match, they're retarded.

Seriously, good luck trying to shame the people who illegally stream PPVs if they're going pull shit like this.

Cewsh
May 30th, 2013, 3:36 PM
And the people who paid sixty bucks for the PPV? Yeah, I'm sure that will roll right off their backs. You're delusional if you think that the paying audience will just shrug that off.

But you're missing the point. People aren't buying PPVs to see heels, and this isn't the match they're being asked to pay to see.

Beer-Belly
May 30th, 2013, 3:52 PM
But you're missing the point. People aren't buying PPVs to see heels, and this isn't the match they're being asked to pay to see.

And you have nothing to base this on. People don't pay for heels? Punk still sells loads of t-shirts and he's likely the main reason that the Hell in a Cell show did so well. A certain portion of the audience pays to see Punk get his comeuppance and a certain portion pay to see him because he entertains them. Most of 2000 was based around people paying to see Triple H get his ass kicked.

If the Cena/Ryback match is going to be such a winner then why even announce Punk's return? You realize that just because WWE wants the audience to consider the "3 Three Stages of Neither Guy Looking Weak" match to be the most interesting thing on the show it doesn't automatically make it so, right? Punk is the selling point for a certain demographic.

Cewsh
May 30th, 2013, 4:07 PM
Punk still sells loads of t-shirts

Show your work.

and he's likely the main reason that the Hell in a Cell show did so well.

It's pretty clear that people paid to see Ryback. Now, what they paid for was to see Ryback murder Punk and win the title, and that's because CM Punk is a wonderful heel who crafted a terrific program with Ryback. But faces do the drawing, especially in WWE. And this program doesn't even have any heat on it yet.

A certain portion of the audience pays to see Punk get his comeuppance and a certain portion pay to see him because he entertains them. Most of 2000 was based around people paying to see Triple H get his ass kicked.

And because of that PPV buys were down that year. WWE, as a territory, has never performed well when a heel was on top and expected to draw against varied babyfaces. That just isn't how WWE works. So while I'm sure there are people who would buy Payback to see CM Punk, he is not the main reason that WWE is asking people to do so. He's just one part of the show, and again, if they work an angle where he refuses to wrestle anyone and buries Chicago, and then sends out Curtis Axel instead, that puts him over as a heel, Axel over as a heel, and stop Punk from being wildly cheered in a major WWE town. That's smart business.

If the Cena/Ryback match is going to be such a winner then why even announce Punk's return? You realize that just because WWE wants the audience to consider the "3 Three Stages of Neither Guy Looking Weak" match to be the most interesting thing on the show it doesn't automatically make it so, right? Punk is the selling point for a certain demographic.

Because you don't just book one match on a show? WWE wants people to be interested in Punk/Jericho, but they are not being asked to draw the buys for the show. Major difference there. You don't bait and switch in main events, because it makes the audience feel cheated. But any match before that? Fair game.

Beer-Belly
May 30th, 2013, 4:51 PM
Show your work.Don't have that data. I've never actually seen stats for t-shirt sales. I'm going off of what I see on TV, and while that's in no way indicative of overall sales, it's clear that he does pretty well for a heel in the merchandising department.

It's pretty clear that people paid to see Ryback. Now, what they paid for was to see Ryback murder Punk and win the title, and that's because CM Punk is a wonderful heel who crafted a terrific program with Ryback. But faces do the drawing, especially in WWE. And this program doesn't even have any heat on it yet.This can't be verified either way. Punk was the grating chickenshit heel who people wanted to see get his comeuppance. I'm pretty sure the show wouldn't have done as well if Punk weren't Ryback's opponent. Punk's presence in itself will cause the excitement. Did you hear the audience reaction on Raw?

And because of that PPV buys were down that year. WWE, as a territory, has never performed well when a heel was on top and expected to draw against varied babyfaces. That just isn't how WWE works. So while I'm sure there are people who would buy Payback to see CM Punk, he is not the main reason that WWE is asking people to do so. He's just one part of the show, and again, if they work an angle where he refuses to wrestle anyone and buries Chicago, and then sends out Curtis Axel instead, that puts him over as a heel, Axel over as a heel, and stop Punk from being wildly cheered in a major WWE town. That's smart business.
Didn't 2000 to '01 do better overall than 1999 to '00? Scamming the audience is the wrong type of heat. It's the opposite of smart business. Even if it's fulfilling from a storyline perspective, they're dicking over the paying customer just to build some cheap heat. It flies in the face of the brand loyalty that WWE covets and causes the customer to think twice before paying for another show. You honestly think that this will somehow help Curtis Axel? The crowd will be to busy being pissed to focus on giving him the proper response. They'll shit on the match and likely shit on the rest of the show. I pity Cena and Ryback if they have to go out and perform in front of that kind of a crowd.

Because you don't just book one match on a show? WWE wants people to be interested in Punk/Jericho, but they are not being asked to draw the buys for the show. Major difference there. You don't bait and switch in main events, because it makes the audience feel cheated. But any match before that? Fair game.No it isn't fair game. People spent their hard earned money on a show that prominently features CM Punk. It isn't the main event, but Punk returning after two and a half months is still a pretty big deal. If it isn't made clear in the run up that he likely won't be appearing then the audience will feel cheated.

Morrison
May 30th, 2013, 10:27 PM
you over-estimate the impact that this one occurrence would have, greatly. it's not a common practice for them to do this and it won't be a common practice if it so happens they do it this time. nobody is going to refuse to buy a PPV down the line if punk doesn't show up here out of fear of having their expectations broken. the WWE has built enough trust with the fanbase, or at least as much as can be expected, that unless they suddenly start shitting directly in the faces of the viewers on a consistent, regular basis, then there's more than enough room for them to forgive and forget. this whole argument is fucking ridiculous and based on a bunch of dumb speculative, and more than likely downright made up, rumors.

StoneColdWWE316
May 31st, 2013, 12:03 PM
I think one comparison of them announcing CM Punk's Return for Payback is when they did the same for Stone Cold's appearance at Backlash 2000.

Kimura Kid
June 3rd, 2013, 10:16 AM
Chicago: 'The Epitome of a Wrestling Town'
Credit: WWE.com

Sports-entertainment is as much a part of Chicago's DNA as the Daley dynasty, gusty conditions and Vienna Beef hot dogs (hold the ketchup). Find out why Superstars love competing in The Second City and what that means for WWE Payback's debut there on Sunday, June 16.

Chicago will make sports-entertainment history on Sunday, June 16, when WWE Payback debuts from the Allstate Arena, and as any astute member of the WWE Universe knows, there is nary a better place to host an inaugural pay-per-view event than The Windy City.
The squared circle is as much a part of Chicago’s DNA as the Daley family, blistery conditions and Vienna Beef hot dogs (untainted by ketchup, naturally).

With one of The Second City’s favorite sons, CM Punk, making his in-ring return against Chris Jericho on June 16, the timing and location of WWE Payback seem almost too good to be true for Punk loyalists. Yet, the arrangement is one that stands to benefit WWE Universe at large, too, thanks to Chicago’s famously boisterous atmosphere, which always seems to bring out the best in Superstars and Divas.

“There’s only a handful of cities where it’s great to work every time and Chicago’s one of them,” said the normally hard-to-impress World Heavyweight Champion, Dolph Ziggler. It is not yet known whether The Showoff — who is still recovering from a concussion suffered in May — will be cleared to compete in time for WWE Payback, but that didn’t stop him from explaining the unmistakable charm of Chicago’s passionate, albeit demanding, fan base.

“It’s like a New York crowd, where you get cheers for ‘bad guys,’ sometimes, but there’s such a good crowd that it’s so fun to perform there,” he said. “I always have a blast.”

Vocal though they may be, the Chicago faithful are not always the most hospitable spectators. It’s well-documented that Chi-Town is home to some of the world’s most diehard sports enthusiasts, as well as some of the most unforgiving, as Cubs fan Steve Bartman found out the hard way when he errantly reached over Wrigley Field’s left field wall in 2003.

“Chicago, in general, is a great sports city, and they have their own identity as fans,” said Brodus Clay, who remembers watching The Road Warriors tear opponents apart in their specialty match of choice, the Chicago Street Fight. “It’s basically a home-field advantage for you if you’re loved by Chicago. If you’re not loved by Chicago, you’re going to know it.”

That hard-boiled attitude has provided the perfect backdrop for wrestling contests dating back to the late 1800s. Frank Gotch vs. “Russian Lion” George Hackenschmidt, arguably the first super-match in squared circle history, took place at Chicago’s Dexter Park Pavilion in 1908. (The most expensive ticket was ambitiously priced at $40.) The original “Nature Boy,” Buddy Rogers, bested Pat O’Connor for the NWA Heavyweight Championship in 1961 at Comiskey Park.

It was also in Chicago that Dick the Bruiser & The Crusher ran roughshod over competition. The brawlers spent their free time tossing "dem bums" out of saloons on Halsted Street, the same north-south boulevard that One Man Gang called home.
“Chicago is synonymous with ‘tough’ and I think the fans there expect Superstars to be tough,” Matt Striker said.

Over the course of its more than century-long love affair with wrestling, fans in The Second City have developed particularly discerning tastes and dauntingly high standards for in-ring action.

In turn, it may came as no surprise that Chicago has been the site of more than a couple epic clashes: Bret “Hit Man” Hart vs. “Stone Cold” Steve Austin’s Submission Match at WrestleMania 13; the first match in Ricky Steamboat and Ric Flair’s three-bout series in 1989 (and, five years later, another Steamboat-Flair duel at WCW Spring Stampede 1994); and perhaps most famously, CM Punk’s WWE Title win over John Cena at Money in the Bank 2011, after which The Second City Superstar absconded with the championship through the Allstate Arena crowd.

Of the many dream matchups that have taken place in the Chicago area, Flair vs. Steamboat at Chi-Town Rumble 1989 takes the cake in the World Heavyweight Champion’s eyes.
“The crowd really gets behind Steamboat, and Flair is just an awesome general and the crowd was so great in that match, like Chicago always is,” explained The Showoff. “It’s just a great town to have an event, especially sports-entertainment-wise, and for that match to be for the [NWA] World Championship and for Steamboat to get revenge at the end with a rollup out of the Figure-Four ... it was awesome.”

Loud, responsive and unyieldingly loyal to their favorites, Chicago fans are held in rarified air by many inside the WWE locker room.
“The people are very appreciative — electric, almost,” Curt Hawkins commented. “I remember going there my first time and thinking, ‘Wow, it’s cool. This lives up to the hype.’ They’re rabid wrestling fans and excited to be at the show.”

That bodes well for June 16, when WWE Payback debuts in a city that's used to breaking new ground. WWE’s first pay-per-view, The Wrestling Classic, was held in the Rosemont Horizon, now known as Allstate Arena. (The building, which many still refer to by its former name, is technically located in Rosemont, Ill., a village that neighbors O'Hare International.) When Jim Crockett Promotions was looking to bring its annual mega-event, Starrcade, outside its home base for the first time, it was The Windy City that won hosting rights.

“Chicago is richly steeped in great history and magical moments,” explained Striker, before making a declaration that’s sure to ruffle the feathers of his fellow New Yorkers. “Everyone says New York fans are the best and the craziest, and I hate to upset my brethren, but Chicago is the epitome of a wrestling town.”

Kimura Kid
June 3rd, 2013, 10:20 AM
I'm so fuckin pumped for payback!!

Gonna get 2 Tickets today and ordered a couple Second City Saint Tee's for the wife and I!

Haven't been to a live eventy since WM 22!!

This excitment is so cool. Feel like a kid again!! haha!!

The Law
June 4th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Unless it was subtle, I didn't catch any hint that Punk wouldn't be at Payback from Raw last night.

Are we going to get Usos vs. Shield and maybe Orton vs. Ambrose instead of Sheamus and Orton vs. Shield? Sheamus could then face Sandow instead. Or maybe they could integrate the feuds and do Orton/Sheamus vs. Shield vs. Rhodes Scholars.

Still only two matches confirmed with two weeks to go. Time for them to get busy with the undercard.

StoneColdChris
June 4th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Think we'll get Orton/Bryan here.

Kimura Kid
June 4th, 2013, 11:40 AM
I was thinking that these are some possible match ups.

Trips Vs Axel (I would fuckin mark out)

Sandow Vs Sheamus (Would be good to see sandow get the push)

And I agree Law I think Punk will be at Payback. They've been making a pretty big deal about his hometown comback and such on WWE.com

I cant think of any sories outside of:

- Cena&Ryback
- Punk&Y2J
- Trips&Axel
- Sandow&Sheamus

So they need to get moving. I don't know what they are going to do with the Shield.

We have quite a few guys missing that participated in last months PPV.

Henry, Show $ Swagger.

Henry & Show I know the reasons why they haven't been on TV. But whats up with Swagger?

**EDIT**

Forgot about the Triple Threat IC Title match. And NEW WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION:

FAAANNNNDAAAANNNGOOOOO!!!

Kimura Kid
June 4th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Prediction for Payback:

WWE Championship Title-Three Stages Of Hell Match
John Cena (c) vs. Ryback = Cena Winner

Singles Match
Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk = Punk Winner

Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Alberto Del Rio = Ziggler Winner

WWE Intercontinental Championship WWE Tag Team Championships
Wade Barrett (c) vs. Fandango vs The Miz = Fandango Winner

The Shield (c)vs. Team Hell No = Shield Winners

Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Randy Orton = Ambrose Winner

WWE Divas Chamionship
Kaityln (c) vs. AJ = AJ Winner

*Potential Match*
Singles Match
HHH vs Curtis Axel = Axel Winner

The Law
June 4th, 2013, 2:11 PM
Sorry to say, but I would be surprised if Triple H wrestled at Payback. I'd expect them to drag this storyline with him wanting to wrestle and Vince and Stephanie refusing to let it happen out for several more weeks. I would expect his comeback match to be at Summerslam.

Kimura Kid
June 4th, 2013, 2:28 PM
Yeah, I guess that's just some wishfull thinking on my behalf. haha!

Zacharie
June 4th, 2013, 3:25 PM
I think they're gonna go a different direction with Jericho/Punk. Something just feels different about this setup. Maybe Jericho puts Punk down clean, Punk says that he wasn't 100% ready to comeback, and takes more time off as a result. Heyman then loses his cool with Punk and basically disowns him on Raw the next night.

Andy
June 4th, 2013, 3:30 PM
Yeah I definitely don't see it going down without any shenanigans or something.

Like I said in another thread, I can see Punk refusing to play ball before Heyman persuades him, worried he'll be blamed for a breach of contract. Then Heyman turns on Punk by having Lesnar or Axel cost him the match.

Damien
June 4th, 2013, 7:22 PM
It would be interesting if Heyman turned on Punk, Jericho turned heel and joined Heyman as his real "Best in the world"...
Really though, I just wanna see Punk come out to his Killswitch theme... getting really sick of Cult of Personality even though I like the song.

The Law
June 5th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Barrett vs. Miz vs. Fandango now official, per WWE.com.

Not sure who's running the show on Raw right now, but I really like that they're giving Barrett something to do. The last time the IC Title was defended on pay-per-view was TLC back in December. Also, having two heels dislike each other and feud is refreshing. Barrett and Fandango have such different personalities that they shouldn't get along, even if they are both on the heel side.

Andy
June 5th, 2013, 11:29 AM
I'm guessing Fandango will basically be a face in Chicago and Miz will be the mega heel. Fully expect a Fandango victory.

StoneColdWWE316
June 5th, 2013, 2:02 PM
Glad to see the IC Title defended in a multi-man Feud with 2 Heels this time and one Face.

What does everyone think will be the reaction for Chris Jericho?

The Law
June 5th, 2013, 3:11 PM
Probably mixed. Some people will boo him because he's going up against Punk, others will cheer him because he's Chris Jericho and smart fans love him. During the match, I think the crowd will be 100% behind Punk.

Kimura Kid
June 5th, 2013, 5:38 PM
Jericho will get booed shortly after the initial pop of his entrance.

Kimura Kid
June 6th, 2013, 11:00 AM
- According to this week's issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Triple H's ongoing angle with Curtis Axel was originally scheduled to climax at SummerSlam. However, with recent Raw episodes indicating it will lead to a match between both individuals at this month's Payback pay-per-view event, the storyline was promoted ahead of schedule due to WWE's decision to combat potentially low ratings at all costs. This decision, however, was not fruitful as Monday's Raw was the lowest-rated episode of the year going head-to-head with TNT's presentation of the 2013 NBA Eastern Conference Finals Game 7 between the Miami Heat and Indiana Pacers.

Wonder if the low rating will push the angle back to Summerslam where it was originally scheduled.

I just don't see many angles being built for Payback and this HHH VS Axel Angle seems to be one that could be used at the Chicago PPV.

The Law
June 6th, 2013, 11:30 AM
I think that would be a mistake. This storyline with Vince and Stephanie not wanting HHH to wrestle is just starting and has the potential to be pretty interesting. If he gets back in the ring two weeks from now it's over before it's actually begun.

I have a different direction this could go: What if Triple H became a sadistic boss? They could attribute it to a combination of his injuries and his frustration with the fact that current wrestlers don't fight as hard as the guys did back in his time. In his time, if you got a concussion you went back out the next night. Now, Dolph Ziggler stays home for a month because of a concussion. In his time, guys fought to the death just for an opportunity at the championship. Now everything's gone soft. He could start making guys fight in No DQ matches for no reason, force guys to wrestle multiple matches in the same night, refuse to let guys take time off when they get hurt. And rather than be a typical heel authority figure, he could be just as tough on the heels as on the faces.

Kimura Kid
June 6th, 2013, 11:38 AM
I personally think that having him wrestle at payback could be used to further the story. Have it obvious that HHH wasn't ready to return. Same type of deal we saw on raw. Him blacking out and such and Axel taking advantage in a very vicious manner for the W. I mean to the point where people are legit feeling concerned for HHH's future. Then you have triple H looking for revenge but his family doing everything in their power to prevent the same result we saw at Payback. That story continues to builds up eventually leading to their match at Summerslam.

Kimura Kid
June 6th, 2013, 2:19 PM
Got My 2nd City Saint T-Shits in!!

http://i41.tinypic.com/30ac9hj.jpg

Slare
June 6th, 2013, 2:24 PM
I personally think that having him wrestle at payback could be used to further the story. Have it obvious that HHH wasn't ready to return. Same type of deal we saw on raw. Him blacking out and such and Axel taking advantage in a very vicious manner for the W. I mean to the point where people are legit feeling concerned for HHH's future. Then you have triple H looking for revenge but his family doing everything in their power to prevent the same result we saw at Payback. That story continues to builds up eventually leading to their match at Summerslam.

Yup, I'm happy with that.

HHH has the match against all advice and gets absolutely mauled by Axel, showing him to be vicious and have a mean streak. He's 2-0 against HHH, give him a few weeks to boast and a different match at MITB.

HERE COMES HHH, summerslam, it's on. Bang.

Kimura Kid
June 6th, 2013, 5:00 PM
Wife just called to tell me her customer was able to score us some tickets!!

I'm going to Payback!!!

1st Wrestling show in 7 Years!!

So Pumped!!

Cewsh
June 6th, 2013, 5:23 PM
Awesome!

After all these years, I've still never been to a PPV.

Hero!
June 6th, 2013, 5:34 PM
Only been to one PPV, but it was WRESTLEMANIA so, ya know, that's cool...

NEENER NEENER

Kimura Kid
June 6th, 2013, 6:32 PM
Chicago seems to be lucky in the aspect that we typically get 1 PPV every year.

2013 -Payback
2012 - Extreme Rules
2011 - MITB
2010 - Night of Champions
2009 - Judgment Day

We've had a PPV Event in Chicago the past 5 years straight.

I've been to 2 Wrestlemania's and 2 Raw's

Payback marks my 3rd PPV and my 5th WWE show total!

I can't remember the last time I felt this excited!! :hyper:

mr sabu
June 6th, 2013, 8:10 PM
ive never been to any... cause i live down under mate

throw another srhimp on the barbie
crickey look at the size of that croc
Didgeridoo

StoneColdWWE316
June 7th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Awesome KK I hope you have a good time. I can't wait to go to Money In The Bank next month.

Ringo
June 7th, 2013, 7:24 AM
Extreme Rules '12 and MITB '11. Two phenomenal PPVs. Chicago is due a shit one.

Kimura Kid
June 7th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Awesome KK I hope you have a good time. I can't wait to go to Money In The Bank next month.

Thanks Man!! I'm so excited!!

:getout:

takerson
June 7th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Got My 2nd City Saint T-Shits in!!

http://i41.tinypic.com/30ac9hj.jpg

Awesome shirts!

Wife just called to tell me her customer was able to score us some tickets!!

I'm going to Payback!!!

1st Wrestling show in 7 Years!!

So Pumped!!

Great! Where are your seats?

Awesome!

That's a shame.... Raw? SD?

ive never been to any... cause i live down under mate

throw another srhimp on the barbie
crickey look at the size of that croc
Didgeridoo

But there WAS that ridiculous WrestleMania-sized event in Melbourne with Brock vs. HHH vs. Rock. That counts. You go there? And the Hogan vs. Flair tour went through. How 'bout that one?

Since Punk's ascension and the crowd becoming legendary there, I doubt Chicago will ever have an outright bad show again based on crowd alone.

FaSho34
June 7th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Awesome!

I was at Elimination Chamber back in 2012. I don't count it because that main event was awful (Cena/Kane) despite the awesome SD Chamber.

I was thinking of going to this, and now I wish I did.

Kimura Kid
June 7th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Great! Where are your seats?

That's the bad part. IDK Yet. My wife didn't take down the info on the tickets we got. The guy called her said he got us 2 $90 Tickets for $110 a piece. He told her but she didn't write it down. So I have to wait for him to drop them off. She remembered bits and pieces. Upper level, section 100 something Row 5 in the middle??? lmfao!!

I'm Assuming we are in Section 110,111,102 or 103

http://seatics.tickettransaction.com/AllstateArena_WWE_2010-12-26_2010-10-28_0959_tn.gif

takerson
June 7th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Well those'll be great seats either way then. 5th row of any of those 100 sections will be epic seats for a PPV.

Kimura Kid
June 7th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Yeah I hope my guess is a correct one. Those are the seats I was hoping for. I'll let you guys know 4 sure once I find out. :hyper:

mr sabu
June 7th, 2013, 7:56 PM
But there WAS that ridiculous WrestleMania-sized event in Melbourne with Brock vs. HHH vs. Rock. That counts. You go there? And the Hogan vs. Flair tour went through. How 'bout that one?

don't live in Melbourne. ive moved a fair bit in the last few years so ive never had money to go, pay tv to know it was coming or net aceess to see if they where doing a world tour

Kimura Kid
June 10th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Is it typical to be 6 days away from an event with only 3 matches booked??

My wife was asking about payback:

Wife : Who's matched up for the event?
Me:I told her 3 matches.
Wife:what else?
Me: Not sure they haven't annouced.
Wife: isn't it next week?
Me: Yep.
Wife: We bought tickets to something and we don't even know who's competing?
Me: Yep

I could see how this could be a problem to anyone that's not a mark. But I could give a fuck. I know who's active and I'm pretty sure who I'm going to see. But the build up to this event has been fucking lackluster?? Right?

Cewsh
June 10th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Oh yeah, big time.

I think the only person actually building to a match on this show is Ryback.

The Law
June 10th, 2013, 12:49 PM
No, this is definitely an atypically small number of matches to have announced with a week to go. They've laid the foundation for several others: Bryan/Orton, Ziggler/Del Rio, Sheamus/Sandow, and Kaitlin/AJ. I'm pretty sure they'll announce at least the first three this week. There's still the outside possibility of Axel/HHH. It seems like Shield should have a match, but there isn't really an obvious opponent. Usos are getting a knew push, but it just started and it's probably too soon to throw them in against Shield when they can't possibly win.

Kimura Kid
June 10th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Announced and Booked:

- Cena&Ryback
- Punk&Y2J
- Barrett&Fandango&Miz

Building without being booked:

- Trips&Axel
- Sandow&Sheamus
- Big E&ADR (Assuming it's to keep the focus between Ziggler and ADR.)

Kimura Kid
June 10th, 2013, 1:01 PM
I'm assuming that AJ will be announced as Kaitlyn's secret admirer tonight on Raw to set up a match for the title at Payback.

The Law
June 10th, 2013, 1:07 PM
That would make a lot of sense logically. It's relatively timely, due to the "Catfish" show on MTV and the Manti Te'o situation. It would lead to a wrestling match, which is always nice. And since AJ used to be her friend, she knows all about her and what she likes. That's probably the best way to go.

StoneColdWWE316
June 10th, 2013, 3:13 PM
Here's the rest of the Card I am thinking will happen on Sunday.

Dolph Ziggler vs ADR for the World Heavyweight Title
Shield vs Usos for the Tag Titles
Kaitlyn vs AJ for the Divas Title
Randy Orton vs Daniel Bryan
Sheamus vs Damien Sandow

Cewsh
June 10th, 2013, 3:25 PM
That would be a sexy card.

Probably throw in a title defense for Ambrose too, though I'm not sure who it would be now that Kofi is hurt.

Badger
June 10th, 2013, 3:54 PM
Kane would be a good shout.

OD50
June 10th, 2013, 3:56 PM
:yes:

Kimura Kid
June 10th, 2013, 5:39 PM
Sheamus vs. Damien Sandow (special Kickoff to Payback Match)

Kimura Kid
June 10th, 2013, 6:01 PM

John Cena (c) vs. Ryback
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/show_matchup/public/match/image/2013/05/20130520_EP_payback_cenaryback_HOMEPAGE.jpg

Singles Match
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/show_matchup/public/match/image/2013/06/20130524_EP_payback_JerichoPunk_2-C_HOMEPAGE.jpg

WWE Intercontinental Championship WWE Tag Team Championships
Fandango vs.Wade Barrett (c) vs The Miz
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/show_matchup/public/match/image/2013/06/20130520_EP_LIGHT_payback_FandangoMizBarrett_HOMEP AGE.jpg

Pre Show

The Law
June 10th, 2013, 6:10 PM
Didn't expect Sheamus to end up on the pre-show. Also, Fandango is probably not going to be able to work the show. Will they add someone to the match to replace him, or just do Wade vs. Miz one-on-one? I'd probably just do Wade/Miz.

I'd prefer to see Ambrose vs. Kane over a Shield/Usos tag match. Usos need more time to be built up before challenging Shield IMO.

Kimura Kid
June 10th, 2013, 6:16 PM
Agreed, but there has been almost zero build up to either of those matches.

I would like to see Axel Put in the IC match if he isn't going to be facing HHH. But that's outta left field as well. Not sure....I'm feeling like the Fandango thing may be a work? If the injury happend at Tuesday's tapings we should of heard about it by Wed the latest...no?

Cewsh
June 10th, 2013, 6:21 PM
No, because he had to get tested.

Kimura Kid
June 10th, 2013, 6:23 PM
lol, Cewsh? Can we view the test results? Test could be a work too, Right?

Cewsh
June 10th, 2013, 6:25 PM
It could be a work, but I don't see an obvious reason why they would lie about this just to get Fandango out of a match. The injuries are pretty much the most quantifiable and trustworthy information we get.

Kimura Kid
June 10th, 2013, 6:27 PM
Gotcha!

And your right...what would be the benifit of them doing this as a work? Nothing......at this point.

Unless they had other ideas for the title....

Kimura Kid
June 10th, 2013, 10:15 PM

John Cena (c) vs. Ryback

Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Alberto Del Rio
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/show_matchup/public/match/image/2013/06/20130605_EP_LIGHT_payback_delrio-ziggler_C-homepage.jpg

Singles Match

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Curtis Axel vs Wade Barrett (c) vs The Miz
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/show_matchup/public/match/thumb/2013/06/20130610_EP_LIGHT_payback_AxelBarrettMiz_HOMEPAGE. jpg

Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Kane
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/show_matchup/public/wysiwyg/image/2013/06/20130610_EP_LIGHT_payback_AmbroseKane_HOMEPAGE.jpg

The Shield (c) vs. Randy Orton & Daniel Bryan
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/show_matchup/public/match/thumb/2013/06/20130610_EP_LIGHT_payback_TagMatch_HOMEPAGE.jpg

WWE Divas Chamionship
Kaityln (c) vs. AJ
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/show_matchup/public/wysiwyg/image/2013/06/20130610_EP_LIGHT_payback_KaitlynAj_HOMEPAGE.jpg

Pre Show

Kimura Kid
June 11th, 2013, 9:33 AM
^^^^^^^^^Well safe to say that's that official PPV Card for Payback!!^^^^^^^^^

Pretty fucking awesome card!!!

Kimura Kid
June 11th, 2013, 11:59 AM
WWE.com has a poll up.....shocking to me.

Who Will Win?

Dolph Ziggler - 38%

Alberto Del Rio - 62%

Slare
June 11th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Well Del Rio is the face? So the fans like him and want him to win?

Matthew
June 11th, 2013, 12:08 PM
very shocking indeed slare

can we just keep posting the card in here every few hours? seems like the way to go

Kimura Kid
June 11th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Well Del Rio is the face? So the fans like him and want him to win?

I guess. I just don't see dolph as a Heelish figure. And Del Rio isn't very likable is he? lol

Kimura Kid
June 11th, 2013, 12:12 PM
very shocking indeed slare

can we just keep posting the card in here every few hours? seems like the way to go

Sorry Bud, Everytime I've posted the card it's because it's been updated with new matches. Trying to contribute and start discussion as annoying as it may be to some.

Plus I'm just excited for the card.

Matthew
June 11th, 2013, 12:14 PM
there is an edit function bro. usually people just update the first post with the main card when it is updated. no worries

Kimura Kid
June 11th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Gotcha, I updated the OP as well but just figured posting the updated card on the most recent page would catch more eyes than the actual OP. But I could see how it could get annoying. Thankfully I don't think there will be a need for anymore updates to the card. Seems like it's all set. ;)

Brian M.
June 11th, 2013, 11:57 PM
I guess. I just don't see dolph as a Heelish figure. And Del Rio isn't very likable is he? lol

I think Del Rio is plenty likable, although Ricardo plays a big part in that. Dolph does come across as a bit of a face what with coming back from the concussion and all. Plus it's Chicago so he'll be cheered at least some on Sunday.

But overall Del Rio is pretty popular.

The Law
June 12th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Big questions looming over the show:

Is Ryback ready for the WWE Title?

Not in my opinion. He's improved a ton as a heel in the last few weeks since Extreme Rules, but he's not top guy material yet. Cena hasn't had the belt in two years, it would be very strange to take the belt off of him so soon after winning it. I think Cena goes over and Ryback can spend some time honing his craft as a heel in the upper-midcard while Cena moves on to feud with...I don't really know.

Will Punk show?

I think he will. There's been no indication of him not showing up since the match was announced and now Axel is in a different match. Falsely advertising Punk would be a really shitty thing of them to do and I don't see what benefit it would have.

Will Curtis Axel become IC Champion?

I believe he will. Tough break for Fandango, as he was probably going to get the belt. Axel has looked damn good in his short run so far and I think he would make a solid IC Champion. That belt would look nice around his waist.

Will Randy Orton or Daniel Bryan turn heel?

I'm inclined to think neither of them will just yet. There will absolutely be more dissension and miscommunication during their match, but it seems too soon for either to turn. I'm starting to think they will ride Bryan as a face rather than turn him heel, and Orton will end up turning in the next few weeks. But it's too soon to do it in the midcard of this show.

Will AJ win the Diva's Title?

I hope so. AJ is best female talent on the roster right now, and having a solid heel champion that the soon to be newly debuting divas can chase would make for a solid foundation for the division. Her feud with Kaitlynn should continue on, but she should walk away with the title on Sunday.

mth
June 12th, 2013, 12:14 AM
1. Not yet but he's definitely getting better. This heel thing could really pan out well for him. Oh, and Cena can feud with Daniel Bryan.
2. Yes.
3. Yup. Poor 'Dango.
4. Yeah, I think Orton's going to leave Bryan to the wolves.
5. Yeah. Kaitlyn could probably benefit more from trying to get it back than from having it.

McBain
June 12th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Looking forward to this quite a bit actually. Not seen any of the Raws in a while but it sounds like things have gotten a bit more interesting.

Brian M.
June 12th, 2013, 12:28 AM
I'm not on board with Curtis Axel at all. He bores the shit out of me. He seems solid enough in the ring but nothing about him makes me want to watch him, or pay to see him. I think it'd be a shame to see him take the IC Title off of Barrett, but clearly he is getting a major push so it wouldn't make sense to have him lose. Meh, I just feel like there are 10 or 12 heels alone on the roster I'd rather see get this push. It's the one major turn off I've been having about the shows lately. Everything else has been entertaining for the most part.

mr sabu
June 12th, 2013, 7:32 PM
i hope to see ambrose reverse the chokeslam into the headlock driver

Beer-Belly
June 12th, 2013, 8:15 PM
There are rumors that Bryan will turn heel at the show. I know it's bullshit, but there can't possibly be anyone that thinks that's a good idea, right?

Hero!
June 12th, 2013, 8:20 PM
1. God no, Ryback should not be champ.
2. With Curtis Axel already booked and Punk completely no-selling this on twatter...Yeah, i think he'll show.
3. Yupp. He needs it and I think WWE sees more in him than barrett or miz. Plus, he can SICKBRAG about how his dad was the greatest IC Champ ever.
4. Orton should turn heel. Bryan is too over as a face...
5. Yeah, AJ should win it. Kaitlyn is barely on TV and even when she is, she never has the belt with her. At least on AJ, the belt will be shown whenever ziggles is on.

Bennedy
June 12th, 2013, 8:21 PM
Bryan could be the biggest face in the company. A heel turn would NOT be a good idea.

Psycho666Soldier
June 12th, 2013, 9:28 PM
I will be disappointed if they turn Bryan heel. At first, I figured it was the eventual destiny for him upon leaving Team Hell No, but he has been SO GOT-DAMN OVER, especially over the last month, that they would be idiots to do it now. He has so much staying power as a face with the fans in his pocket like pretty much no one. If the fans keep reacting like they did this Monday, I don't think even Cena gets such a reaction.

Simmo Fortyone
June 12th, 2013, 10:34 PM
If they try and turn Bryan heel it won't work. They're in Chicago ffs. He could beat up Make A Wish kids and still get cheered.

McBain
June 12th, 2013, 11:41 PM
The reaction when he started pumping his arms upwards was insane. Like he had some kind of hypnotic power over everyone in attendance. Please don't fuck this up, WWE.

Psycho666Soldier
June 12th, 2013, 11:45 PM
The reaction when he started pumping his arms upwards was insane. Like he had some kind of hypnotic power over everyone in attendance. Please don't fuck this up, WWE.

This. It was like watching any aspiring pro wrestler's dream coming true. A throng of mainstream wrestling fans, a whole arena full of people chanting "YES" and thrusting their arms in the air. You KNOW you have something magical when that happens.

Beer-Belly
June 13th, 2013, 12:06 AM
I might take a break if they turn him heel. That would really be testing my tolerance for boneheaded decision making.

mr sabu
June 13th, 2013, 3:47 AM
im going to make a massive prediction here..

aj and kaitlyn strip naked and wrestle around the ring

OD50
June 13th, 2013, 4:23 AM
Still thinking that DB will turn heel and that WWE will only use him as a way for Cena to have a great wrestling match. OD would be a sad panda to see it happen though.. God damn Bryan is so over right now, can't remember seeing so many peeps in the audience standing up cheering since Stone Cold Steve Austin made his entrances circa 1998.

Andy
June 13th, 2013, 6:16 AM
I might take a break if they turn him heel. That would really be testing my tolerance for boneheaded decision making.

Yep, same here. I was close to having some time off after the Lesnar/Cena match but I think turning Bryan heel at this point would be even worse than that.

Freebird
June 13th, 2013, 10:15 AM
I'm off two minds on the DB going heel matter. I want him to stay face but if it leads him getting the WWE title in a feud with Cena then... But man I am enjoying the reactions he is getting. Makes an old man feel good.

mth
June 13th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Don't see much reason to buy into the heel turn rumors when the previous news only last week was that he and Cena would be feuding while both faces.

Beer-Belly
June 13th, 2013, 2:29 PM
I'm off two minds on the DB going heel matter. I want him to stay face but if it leads him getting the WWE title in a feud with Cena then... But man I am enjoying the reactions he is getting. Makes an old man feel good.

I really don't give a shit about Cena/Bryan if it means Bryan has to turn heel. Not to be overly cynical, but we know the outcome of that feud anyway. I'd much rather see Bryan and Ziggler feud for the World title. The WWE title is Cena's and pretty much anyone who takes it from him is a transitional champion until WWE finds their new top guy.

Cewsh
June 13th, 2013, 2:47 PM
Yes, that is professional wrestling.

VHS
June 13th, 2013, 3:07 PM
I really don't give a shit about Cena/Bryan if it means Bryan has to turn heel. Not to be overly cynical, but we know the outcome of that feud anyway. I'd much rather see Bryan and Ziggler feud for the World title. The WWE title is Cena's and pretty much anyone who takes it from him is a transitional champion until WWE finds their new top guy.

Would it be far fetched to consider Bryan as WWE's next top guy?

Cewsh
June 13th, 2013, 3:09 PM
Because he isn't going to be, just being realistic.

Beer-Belly
June 13th, 2013, 3:18 PM
And the impossibility of a guy like Bryan, even when he gets roaring responses from the audience, being considered for the top spot is why WWE gets so fucking boring.

Cewsh
June 13th, 2013, 3:22 PM
For you.

Beer-Belly
June 13th, 2013, 3:23 PM
For anyone over the age of eight, honestly.

Cewsh
June 13th, 2013, 3:36 PM
You speak for yourself.

Beer-Belly
June 13th, 2013, 3:43 PM
The Cena character is specifically geared towards children. Infallible characters are generally not very entertaining once you reach a certain age.

The Law
June 13th, 2013, 3:52 PM
Daniel Bryan is never going to be WWE's top guy. He will most likely be a main event player for years to come, but a guy his size isn't ever going to be the man. He's billed at 5'10 and could well be shorter than that. The smallest guys WWE has ever had on top were Bob Backlund, Bret Hart, and Shawn Michaels, who were all in the 6'0 range (legit, they were all billed at 6'1).

Cewsh
June 13th, 2013, 3:53 PM
The Cena character is specifically geared towards children. Infallible characters are generally not very entertaining once you reach a certain age.

And yet every really major star the company has ever had was a marketable looking superhuman exaggeration of reality.

That isn't just because of their pushes. Those are the people that the mainstream fans want.

Cewsh
June 13th, 2013, 3:55 PM
Daniel Bryan is never going to be WWE's top guy. He will most likely be a main event player for years to come, but a guy his size isn't ever going to be the man. He's billed at 5'10 and could well be shorter than that. The smallest guys WWE has ever had on top were Bob Backlund, Bret Hart, and Shawn Michaels, who were all in the 6'0 range (legit, they were all billed at 6'1).

Bryan could easily be our next Shawn Michaels.

The Law
June 13th, 2013, 3:58 PM
What do you mean by that?

Beer-Belly
June 13th, 2013, 4:06 PM
And yet every really major star the company has ever had was a marketable looking superhuman exaggeration of reality.

That isn't just because of their pushes. Those are the people that the mainstream fans want.

Bret and Shawn don't really fit that description at all.

Cena's been the most infallible top star since Hogan. Rock and Austin at least had flaws and quirks.

Cewsh
June 13th, 2013, 4:14 PM
What do you mean by that?

That he can be a guy who is beloved by the fans for his amazing matches, and positioned high on the card and featured continually for his skill, without ever being a legitimate top star.

Bret and Shawn don't really fit that description at all.

And they weren't major stars. Not on this level. They presided over an unprecedented period of decline and only had the spots due to the failures of Warrior, Sid and Diesel.

Cena's been the most infallible top star since Hogan. Rock and Austin at least had flaws and quirks.

Him being infallible is a large part of his appeal to much of the audience. As it was for Hogan, Austin, the Road Warriors, etc.

The Law
June 13th, 2013, 4:21 PM
Shawn was the top guy in 1996. Mostly it was via attrition (Nash left for WCW, Bret took time off). 1997 is kind of hazy because we don't really know what the plan was before Shawn's injury. Bret and Shawn kind of both had the spot on top, and then Bret left and Shawn fucked up his back.

I guess the semantics point here is this: if someone is on top but they don't draw any money, are they really a top star?

Cewsh
June 13th, 2013, 4:26 PM
Shawn was the top guy in 1996. Mostly it was via attrition (Nash left for WCW, Bret took time off). 1997 is kind of hazy because we don't really know what the plan was before Shawn's injury. Bret and Shawn kind of both had the spot on top, and then Bret left and Shawn fucked up his back.

I guess the semantics point here is this: if someone is on top but they don't draw any money, are they really a top star?

Exactly.

I'm not really saying that Daniel Bryan might not be the top guy eventually, but he isn't a good fit for that role, and it would be a mistake to force him into it.

Tainted Eclipse
June 13th, 2013, 4:32 PM

I agree that I'd rather see Bryan as a face and see how far they can go with it, and I'd love to see how they'd spin a Bryan/Cena face v. face feud, but if you're a DB fan I don't see why you'd rather watch him feuding over a blatantly secondary title rather than seeing him in a REAL main event feud with the single biggest star in wrestling right now, even if it means putting a stop on a face run you (and me too) enjoy. Bryan can be pretty awesome, REALLY awesome, as a heel too. Heel or face Bryan excels at getting over catch-phrases/gimmicks and involving the crowd in his matches, I'd love to see him bust out some of his ROH heel mannerisms and see how they catch on in WWE.

Beer-Belly
June 13th, 2013, 4:33 PM
And they weren't major stars. Not on this level. They presided over an unprecedented period of decline and only had the spots due to the failures of Warrior, Sid and Diesel.

Him being infallible is a large part of his appeal to much of the audience. As it was for Hogan, Austin, the Road Warriors, etc.But Bret and Shawn were THE guys at certain points. Bryan would fit perfectly into a spot like theirs. Give him the World title and build it up as the alternative to the WWE title with it's own unique history and lineage.

Austin's infallibility wasn't what got him over, being a surly shit kicker was what made him popular. The infallibility came later.

The Law
June 13th, 2013, 4:36 PM
I mean, they were both the guy. But it was only because Hogan left, Nash flopped/left, Sid got fired, Flair went back to WCW, Warrior flopped/got fired (two or three times). Had anything gone the way Vince McMahon wanted it to, neither would have ever been on top. They maybe have each had a title run or two, but they wouldn't have had to try to carry the company. So unless John Cena gets mauled by a pack of wild dogs in the next year or two, it's hard to see how Bryan ends up on top.

Also, on the subject of Austin and infallibility, isn't the fact that he was able to beat up his boss every week without any professional consequences pretty much the definition of being infallible?

Beer-Belly
June 13th, 2013, 4:39 PM
I agree that I'd rather see Bryan as a face and see how far they can go with it, and I'd love to see how they'd spin a Bryan/Cena face v. face feud, but if you're a DB fan I don't see why you'd rather watch him feuding over a blatantly secondary title rather than seeing him in a REAL main event feud with the single biggest star in wrestling right now, even if it means putting a stop on a face run you (and me too) enjoy. Bryan can be pretty awesome, REALLY awesome, as a heel too. Heel or face Bryan excels at getting over catch-phrases/gimmicks and involving the crowd in his matches, I'd love to see him bust out some of his ROH heel mannerisms and see how they catch on in WWE.
Where do you go with Bryan after Cena inevitably triumphs over him? I think it could potentially do more harm than good.

Cewsh
June 13th, 2013, 4:45 PM
Where do you go with Bryan after Cena inevitably triumphs over him? I think it could potentially do more harm than good.

Anywhere else? Pushes in WWE don't have to be linear. Michaels went like 5 years between title matches.

Beer-Belly
June 13th, 2013, 4:46 PM
Also, on the subject of Austin and infallibility, isn't the fact that he was able to beat up his boss every week without any professional consequences pretty much the definition of being infallible?That's a fair point. Although real laws are generally thrown by the wayside when it comes to wrestling. Austin also attempted to murder Triple H by pancaking his car with a forklift and he didn't even receive a slap on the wrist.

The Law
June 13th, 2013, 4:48 PM
I think I'd rather see Bryan stay face and go after Ziggler, because those matches would fucking rock. But even if it means he turns heel, it's hard to turn down a run on top against the man. And Bryan/Cena would also probably be pretty awesome.

Cewsh
June 13th, 2013, 4:49 PM
That's a fair point. Although real laws are generally thrown by the wayside when it comes to wrestling. Austin also attempted to murder Triple H by pancaking his car with a forklift and he didn't even receive a slap on the wrist.

Austin was also pushed as an equal to Mike Tyson. If they did that with Cena and Anderson Silva, people would lose their minds.

The Law
June 13th, 2013, 4:51 PM
Did Austin and Tyson ever actually fight? I just remember them shoving after Austin flipped him off.

Beer-Belly
June 13th, 2013, 5:00 PM
Austin was also pushed as an equal to Mike Tyson. If they did that with Cena and Anderson Silva, people would lose their minds.Well, Austin was more popular with probably every demographic than Cena ever will be. I think even Cena would agree with that.

Cewsh
June 13th, 2013, 5:14 PM
Same with Tyson and Silva. I wasn't meaning to compare the two in terms of popularity.

McBain
June 13th, 2013, 8:07 PM
Anywhere else? Pushes in WWE don't have to be linear. Michaels went like 5 years between title matches.

That doesn't seem like a good use of Bryan when they've been desperately in need of someone as over as him for so long. In 5 years people would be saying "it's too late, his time has passed". Besides, Michaels is a pretty unusual case all things considered.

Do you think feeding Bryan to Cena is a good idea?

The Law
June 13th, 2013, 8:11 PM
"Feeding" is a really loading term. It would be a bad idea to have them feud and Cena squash Bryan and make him look like a piece of shit. It would be a good idea for them to have a competitive rivalry in which Bryan is shown to be on Cena's level but is ultimately unable to win the title. Such a rivalry would both establish Bryan as a main eventer and entertain the fans while also making money for the company and give us an excellent series of matches.

chatty
June 14th, 2013, 3:52 AM
Austin was also pushed as an equal to Mike Tyson. If they did that with Cena and Anderson Silva, people would lose their minds.

Completely different situation though, its not really comparable.

Tyson was paid good money to come over and inject that extra bit star power to help WWF get over against WCW during the MNW. Tyson was still mainstream press and Austin was pushing towards his peak years as WWF's main man. Both we're worldwide stars know to the average person on the street and it was easy to stir up a frenzy around a so called cross over super fight. Obviously in real life Austin would never be able to stand up to someone like Tyson but because of his character at the time people were loving it.

If you brought Silva in now for whatever reason then it would likely flop because the average guy on the street has no idea who he is and Cena is probably better known than him anyway. On knowing that the guy is the main man in MMA people wouldn't buy that Cena should be anywhere near the man, there characters wouldn't gel into anything interesting and WWE has o competition or no reason to make that sort of rivalry happen to the point where it wouldn't sell to the casual fan.

Tyson and Austin made perfect sense because you had the bad ass boxer who was known for his criminal streak and the bad ass wrestler known for being a beer drinking ass kicker both on top of the world at the same time with masses of cross over appeal. its a non comparison really.

Not trying to shoot you down as I know what your trying to say but it made sense to build Austin as Tysons equal whereas with Cena and Silva it makes more sense to not do anything together at all.

Kimura Kid
June 14th, 2013, 4:31 PM
That's the bad part. IDK Yet. My wife didn't take down the info on the tickets we got. The guy called her said he got us 2 $90 Tickets for $110 a piece. He told her but she didn't write it down. So I have to wait for him to drop them off. She remembered bits and pieces. Upper level, section 100 something Row 5 in the middle??? lmfao!!

I'm Assuming we are in Section 110,111,102 or 103

http://seatics.tickettransaction.com/AllstateArena_WWE_2010-12-26_2010-10-28_0959_tn.gif

My wife got the tickets in hand today!!

Section 110, Row C, seats 21 and 22!!

I think those are decent seats!!

Psycho666Soldier
June 14th, 2013, 4:35 PM
If my friend went through with ordering the tickets, I'll be going to this too. Pretty fucking stoked, to be honest.

StoneColdWWE316
June 14th, 2013, 4:37 PM
Very nice KK,there doesn't seem a bad place anywhere in the All-State Arena from what ive seen.

Kimura Kid
June 14th, 2013, 4:37 PM
If my friend went through with ordering the tickets, I'll be going to this too. Pretty fucking stoked, to be honest.

Hell Yea bro!!

My house is legit 10 minutes from the Allstate arena. If you wanna pre game at my house lemme know. Don't feel obligated but the doors open!!

Very nice KK,there doesn't seem a bad place anywhere in the All-State Arena from what ive seen.

Yeah I just viewed the digital seating chart and OMFG!!!!! YES!!!!

Hero!
June 15th, 2013, 12:33 PM
One of you two assholes better get me a gift.

In other news, main page says the WWE supposedly wants a Punk face run. The man is a natural heel, but given his last promo, I could see him being a face upon return. A nice face-on-face "respect" match with Jericho Sunday could be all it takes. I figure: Ryback loses Sunday, complain on RAW. Punk comes out and vows to shut him up, leading to some PPV matches, while Bryan ascends the ranks and takes on (...and beats) Cena.

Kimura Kid
June 15th, 2013, 12:38 PM
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w401/KimuraKid/208b914d-e752-4919-a3b8-a8aa3e28c4c9.jpg

One of you two assholes better get me a gift.

In other news, main page says the WWE supposedly wants a Punk face run. The man is a natural heel, but given his last promo, I could see him being a face upon return. A nice face-on-face "respect" match with Jericho Sunday could be all it takes. I figure: Ryback loses Sunday, complain on RAW. Punk comes out and vows to shut him up, leading to some PPV matches, while Bryan ascends the ranks and takes on (...and beats) Cena.

Lmao!!

I would enjoy seeing punk return as a face, I haven't seen him portray a face role and would be exciting to see that side of him.

takerson
June 15th, 2013, 1:09 PM
Those are awesome seats, man. Good for you. Take a bunch of pics and post them here!

Kimura Kid
June 15th, 2013, 1:15 PM
Thanks Bud, I'll try my best!!

The Law
June 15th, 2013, 1:38 PM
I can definitely see Punk coming back as a face. For one, he's going to get monster cheers in Chicago and probably a lot of other places after he's been gone for a few months. But if he comes back and plays face they're desperately short on main event heels. As in, all they'd have would be Ryback and Ziggler. It's reasonable to assume that at least one of Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan are going to turn soon so that Cena has somebody to feud with.

Faces: Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Jericho, Bryan, Del Rio

Heels: Ryback, Ziggler, Big Show, Mark Henry (returning as a face?)

They have the exact opposite problem in the midcard, where they have about 100 solid heels and almost no faces. Kane is a midcard face at this point, so is Kofi (he's on the shelf, not clear for how long), Miz, R-Truth, and Sin Cara. On the other hand, they have Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, Axel, Barrett, Fandango, Cody, Sandow, Swagger, Cesaro, and Big E. Also, Bray Wyatt and his boys are about to debut. This raises the obvious question, where the fuck is Christian? News reports say they don't have a storyline for him. How about they bring him back and have him feud with any of their 11 solid midcard heels?

Kimura Kid
June 15th, 2013, 1:54 PM
lol I agree Law, I was reading that they were having issues finding an angle for Christian and I was like WTF? 5-10 different legit ideas ran through my head

The Law
June 15th, 2013, 1:58 PM
Santino is another guy who would be useful at the moment. Tons of guys he could feud with. I'd love to see him and Fandango feud. Or even him and Curtis Axel, because I think his interactions with Heyman would be hilarious.

The Law
June 15th, 2013, 11:28 PM
My predictions for Payback:

Punk vs. Jericho-First, I think Punk will show for the match and compete. I think Punk will win in 20 minutes after the GTS. Afterwards, I think he will hit the GTS on Heyman and solidify himself as a face.

Cena vs. Ryback-Cena wins two falls to one. I think Cena will probably win fall one, then Ryback will put Cena through a table to win the second fall. Cena wins the third fall by putting Ryback into the ambulance.

Barrett vs. Miz vs. Axel-Axel wins. Match will probably be okay but nothing special.

Shield vs. Bryan and Orton-Shield wins. Dissension between Orton and Bryan. I don't expect either guy to turn heel here, but it wouldn't surprise me if Bryan turned heel on Cena tomorrow night.

Ambrose vs. Kane-Ambrose retains. We might get Bray Wyatt's debut here, as Kane would make a good first feud for him.

Kaitlyn vs. AJ-AJ wins. Best Divas match in a long time, and longest in years.

Dolph vs. Alberto-Dolph retains. Probably a good match. Wish we had seen these two face each other at Wrestlemania.

Notice how many heels are going to win? I think Dolph, AJ, Ambrose, and Shield are all locks and Axel is very likely to win. Cena and Punk are the only faces who will probably win, and Punk is a face and Chicago and may very well be coming back as a face. Also, this appears to be an incredibly predictable show. The only match that I feel any doubt about the winner is the IC Title match. I don't really have any complaint about that, because I think the right guys are going to win every match.

Kimura Kid
June 16th, 2013, 12:27 AM
I couldn't have said it any better. It seems super predictable and that makes me think we are in for a treat.

Beer-Belly
June 16th, 2013, 12:43 AM
I miss face Punk, so a turn is A-OK in my book. Punk vs. Brock at SummerSlam would be excellent.

G-Fresh
June 16th, 2013, 12:48 AM
I think Ambrose retains but DB & Orton win the Tag belts. Ziggler & Cena win their matches and Axel wins the IC belt. I'd like for Jericho to win, but I reckon Punk will.

StoneColdWWE316
June 16th, 2013, 1:21 AM
I think Cena retains,CM Punk wins his return,Shield keeps both Titles,Ziggler retains,Axel takes the IC Title,AJ wins her first Divas Title,Sheamus wins on the Pre-Show.

Andy
June 16th, 2013, 2:21 AM
I think Cena retains after a draw. Cena wins the first fall, second is a draw after they both go through a table then Ryback puts his ass in an ambulance.

Andy
June 16th, 2013, 2:25 AM
Also, there is zero point in turning DB heel, let alone in Chicago. He will get the second biggest reaction of the night and I wouldn't bet against it getting close to Punk's. Orton turning on Bryan on the other hand, that could get some serious heat in Chicago which would be a nice start to a heel turn.

VOZZY
June 16th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Even if they tried to turn Bryan heel the whole crowd would still be chanting yes at all his moves half the crowd would still cheer for him like if Bryan went nuts and started belting Cena with chairs I reckon the crowd would cheer cos of how awesome he is at the moment.

Like if Bryan was in Rybacks spot the crowd would be cheering for Bryan over Cena anyday of the week

PurePlayer
June 16th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Any chance Heyman turns on Punk and aligns with Jericho which leads to Jericho winning? This would continue the feud into MITB where Punk wins and leads to Jericho taking time off leading to Brock vs Punk at Summerslam

Andy
June 16th, 2013, 1:38 PM
I can't see Heyman being paired with Jericho but I can certainly see Heyman screwing Punk. I'd love a Lesnar appearance but not holding my breath.

Lagom
June 16th, 2013, 1:43 PM
Or, Punk refuses to turn up, leading to Heyman bringing out Brock.. Brock decimates Jericho, with Punk coming in for the save. Think of the POP.

VHS
June 16th, 2013, 2:33 PM
Why would Punk refuse to show up, only to then show up and save Jericho? :wtf:

Lagom
June 16th, 2013, 3:11 PM
Because he fights for JUSTICE.

Wait, no. That's not him.

Matthew
June 16th, 2013, 3:14 PM
he is sick of heyman....

cmon this one isn't even difficult to figure out

JT4104
June 16th, 2013, 3:18 PM
I figure Punk is losing tonight....he has been dominant in Chicago and if there is any kind of heel turn or face turn then Punk probably needs to lose in screwy fashion. However, the part that sucks is that he would then probably fall in to the usual WWE face problem. It just seems like no face in McMahon land can have an edge. I mean they don't need the Austin edge of being a face but at least allow some guys to be different from Cena.

VHS
June 16th, 2013, 3:36 PM
he is sick of heyman....

cmon this one isn't even difficult to figure out

Sick of Heyman, alrighty. But why refuse to show his face in CHICAGO, only except if Jericho is under attack?

Matthew
June 16th, 2013, 3:38 PM
well he can show his face, but say he didn't agree to this and blah blah blah. heyman can bring out brock and whatnot. there are a few ways it would work

mth
June 16th, 2013, 3:45 PM
I can't see face Punk not stepping up to the plate in his hometown regardless of if he's doing it for Heyman or not. No showing the match is going to piss people off even if he did show up later to make a save, he'd have robbed them of what they paid to see and that's not too facey. I'd rather see him show up, have the match, and then turn on Heyman in the match (Heyman tries to cheat on his behalf and he stops him, maybe levels him with a roudhouse or something) and win the match clean. Hell, handshake with Jericho post match to cement the turn.

Hero!
June 16th, 2013, 4:06 PM
I think they'll tease Punk not coming out by playing his song and only Heyman comes out, all nervous like. Heyman gets in the ring for a little back and forth with JERICHO and a minute or so later, CH CH LOOK IN MY EYES, WHAT DO YA SEEEEEE? and out comes Charles M Punkington for a wrestling contest.

Kimura Kid
June 16th, 2013, 4:21 PM
Few more hours to go! BBQ'ing with the fam then on my way to the show. Feel like a little kid. I cannot wait. Going early just to hopefully get in and walk around and buy some shit!

Hero!
June 16th, 2013, 4:28 PM
Awesome stuff man. I'll take a CM Punk shirt, size small. Thanks!

Rip
June 16th, 2013, 4:46 PM

Because he's CM Punk and he's decided he wants to?

Because it's Sunday?

Because some little kid in the street asked him to?

For giggles?

Vice
June 16th, 2013, 4:47 PM
For DA ROCK?

Hero!
June 16th, 2013, 4:49 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6QIo81lm27o/T_hISy39xMI/AAAAAAAAA10/kLBmYBgPerU/s1600/vincemcmahon.jpg

for the MONAY?

Peter Griffin
June 16th, 2013, 5:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci_6CQ5R558

Jacknife
June 16th, 2013, 6:07 PM
Few more hours to go! BBQ'ing with the fam then on my way to the show. Feel like a little kid. I cannot wait. Going early just to hopefully get in and walk around and buy some shit!

But you are a kid.

Kimura Kid
June 16th, 2013, 7:20 PM
I'm here! My seats are fucking awesome!! The crowd is already on fucking fire just sitting here waiting. Ill be pretty visable on tv too. Tons of "Yes" chants and "CM Punk" fucking awesome!! Ill have pics tomorrow!! I can't believe how close we are!!

TooCool
June 16th, 2013, 7:38 PM
Wow. The pre-show has a commercial for the PPV. Isn't that what the Pre-Show is already for? Stupid.

Ringo
June 16th, 2013, 7:45 PM
Crowd is fucking great. And this is just the pre-show. Fun match.

G-Fresh
June 16th, 2013, 7:45 PM
The crowd is already going wild. This is gonna be hot all night.

mth
June 16th, 2013, 7:49 PM
Oh crap, better put up quick predicitions before the show starts:
-Kaitlyn retains against AJ (I want to go with AJ but then I'd have almost all heels winning and after the segment on Monday, I think Kaitlyn's going to win)
-Shield retain the tag belts, Orton turns of Bryan
-Ambrose beats Kane
-Punk shows and beats Jericho
-Ziggler retains
-Axel wins the IC Title
-Cena beats Ryback (Ryback wins fall one, draw for the tables match, Cena wins fall three)

G-Fresh
June 16th, 2013, 7:50 PM
I reckon AJ will win too.

Jacknife
June 16th, 2013, 7:51 PM
Did they have the pre-show match? Did Sandow win?

G-Fresh
June 16th, 2013, 7:52 PM
Sheamus won.

Jacknife
June 16th, 2013, 7:52 PM
Figures. Oh well.

mr sabu
June 16th, 2013, 8:01 PM
let's go ladyssssssssssss

The Law
June 16th, 2013, 8:06 PM
So I guess Barrett is the Chicago face in this match? It's definitely not Miz or Axel. Wouldn't have opened with this for that reason.

mr sabu
June 16th, 2013, 8:16 PM
nice little opener

mr sabu
June 16th, 2013, 8:18 PM
well that was different

TooCool
June 16th, 2013, 8:18 PM
Nice creative finish with the pin there.

Tainted Eclipse
June 16th, 2013, 8:19 PM
really fun opener, crowd is outstanding

The Law
June 16th, 2013, 8:19 PM
Decent match, loved the finish. Notice that Axel held down Barrett's hand so that he couldn't tap out. Last couple minutes were exciting, but it took a little time to really get going. Glad Axel is champion. Wade probably needs to be re-packaged or he's going to be stuck in the midcard forever.

Ryse
June 16th, 2013, 8:20 PM
I really enjoyed that match, and the finish was just great. I don't think I have ever seen that before. Kudos to all three, they did a very good job.

Ringo
June 16th, 2013, 8:21 PM
Enjoyable opener, finish was okay but would have preferred a Perfect Plex to end it. Still, a nice moment, being presented with the title and looking up at the sky. Was it just me or were the crowd apathetic towards him at the beginning, popped big for the perfect plex and then seemingly on board with him for the rest of the match and aftermath? Looked as though lots of people in the crowd were enjoying his celebrations.

Ryse
June 16th, 2013, 8:24 PM
I think the crowd was skeptical of Axel, but he was able to win them over, which is good. All those count outs and screwy finishes kind of hurt his legitimacy, this went a long way in restoring it.

Ringo
Most memorable IC title change in a long time I'd say (along with Big Show's at Mania last year).

The Law
Definitely seemed like they got more into him as the match went on. It's a nice touch that he won the IC Title, the same belt his father defended so greatly, on Father's Day. Shame that his dad isn't around to see it, but I'm sure he'd be proud if he was. His win got a big pop.

Version 6
June 16th, 2013, 8:31 PM
This is the first bit of wrestling I've watched in ages. Whats the Vince/HHH storyline all about?

The Guy on the Couch
June 16th, 2013, 8:32 PM
Need more long hair guys. This match is reminding me of how much more effective basic moves look when hair goes flying everywhere

mr sabu
June 16th, 2013, 8:36 PM
that wasn't too bad

The Law
June 16th, 2013, 8:37 PM
Best WWE women's match in a very long time, but that isn't saying much. I think it's time to start bringing some girls up from developmental, because unless they start using Natty there's no one on the main roster to challenge AJ.

Also, isn't it refreshing for someone to seem really upset that they lost a championship? This would be a nice time for the Chicago crowd to not be so dickish.

Ryse
June 16th, 2013, 8:38 PM
Man, no mercy from Chicago.

JT4104
June 16th, 2013, 8:38 PM
Good ole Chicago.....instead of showing compassion, yelling you tapped out instead.

Lousaka Romon Polite
June 16th, 2013, 8:40 PM
Havnt been here during a PPV in a bit. Can we no longer ask for streams?

Ryse
June 16th, 2013, 8:41 PM
Awww, I was kind of hoping for Layla to "comfort" Kaitlyn a bit more. ;)

cuttups
June 16th, 2013, 8:43 PM
The table of analysts is genius!

mr sabu
June 16th, 2013, 8:44 PM
10 just for the bray wyatt video ( yes an old one but who gives a fork )

The Law
June 16th, 2013, 8:44 PM
I hope the Wyatt Family show up and cost Kane this match.

JT4104
June 16th, 2013, 8:45 PM
I wonder how long till they run the Big E really does fall for Kaitlyn storyline. I'd say it could happen at Summerslam.

mr sabu
June 16th, 2013, 8:45 PM
bahahahahah ohhh god

WWE Creative Humor ‏@WWECreative_ish (https://twitter.com/WWECreative_ish) 7m (https://twitter.com/WWECreative_ish/status/346426377123295232) Someone take @KaitlynWWE (https://twitter.com/KaitlynWWE)'s belt and shoelaces just to be safe #Payback (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Payback&src=hash)

JT4104
June 16th, 2013, 8:47 PM
Love Chicago..."let's go Ambrose"

JT4104
June 16th, 2013, 8:51 PM
Just to whine a little bit, we have been getting better and longer matches lately, now can we just get cole to actually call the moves a little more instead of saying power move or desperation move.

TooCool
June 16th, 2013, 8:54 PM
Just to whine a little bit, we have been getting better and longer matches lately, now can we just get cole to actually call the moves a little more instead of saying power move or desperation move.

Yeah, there are a lot of moves that I call out to myself since Cole, JBL or King never mention the name of the move.

The Law
June 16th, 2013, 8:58 PM
RVD! Fuck yeah!

Ryse
Oh god, RVD. He better step up his game from when he was in TNA.

TooCool
Nice! RVD in a the MITB match? Sweet

G-Fresh
June 16th, 2013, 8:59 PM
RVD!!!!!!!

Ringo
June 16th, 2013, 9:00 PM
Don't have a big problem with the count out victory. Room for a rematch now.

Also, RVD! I've never been his biggest fan but I'm actually looking forward to seeing him back. Wonder if he'll take part in a MITB match. Along with Christian, will be a much needed boost to the face side of the roster. The likes of The Shield, Axel, Fandango, Cesaro and the Wyatts need people to feud with.

An RVD/Axel (and Heyman) feud for the IC title writes itself.

Ryse
June 16th, 2013, 9:01 PM
Let's go Team Rocket!

TooCool
June 16th, 2013, 9:02 PM
Should AJ really kiss Dolph there? She said she was feeling really sick earlier this morning. lol

Jacknife
June 16th, 2013, 9:03 PM
Stream went down :(

JT4104
June 16th, 2013, 9:04 PM
Surprised to see RVD coming back....be interesting to see which version we get.

The Law
June 16th, 2013, 9:05 PM
Alberto should work heel here. Ziggler can do the Ric Flair act and get his ass handed to him for the entire match. Blame it on ring rust.

Version 6
June 16th, 2013, 9:05 PM
Stream went down :(

Same here mate.

Beer-Belly
June 16th, 2013, 9:08 PM
Christ, Dolph. Take it easy.

mr sabu
June 16th, 2013, 9:14 PM
so match ends by ref stoppage