PDA

View Full Version : Rectify

Simon
May 20th, 2013, 7:27 AM
Daniel Holden must put his life back together after serving 19 years on Georgia's Death Row before DNA evidence calls his conviction into question.

Anyone seen this? Any craic? It's on some channel called Sundance apparently, supposedly it's very slow-going (the first two episodes centre around him getting used to his house again...) but draws you in expertly and grows as it goes on. Was wondering if it's worth seeing.

Simon
June 4th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Fuck you lot, this is good.

Mark Hammer
June 4th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Rectumfy.

Mr_Nobody
June 4th, 2013, 12:55 PM
It was filmed in my town. I have it in DVR, but so far only watched the first two episodes. So far I like it.

Simon
June 18th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Did anyone else end up watching it? One of the most frustrating shows in recent memory. There's a shitload that's good about it, but the lack of explanation of what actually happened 19 years ago and the sheer number of ambiguous plot points is infuriating.

Mr_Nobody
June 18th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Still haven't had a chance to watch the rest of the series. They've confirmed it around here that it will be back to film Season 2, so maybe the answers will be there.

Clive Plasma
September 21st, 2015, 8:53 AM
Started this yesterday. Up to episode 4 so far.

They've done Season 2 now, and Season 3 is on it's way. How has it panned out for others? Worth sticking with?

Simon
September 21st, 2015, 10:06 AM
It's a mystery show where the biggest mystery is whether the main woman's name is a mis-spelling of Amanda or Samantha.

Clive Plasma
September 21st, 2015, 10:26 AM
It's a mystery show where the biggest mystery is whether the main woman's name is a mis-spelling of Amanda or Samantha.

“So here’s the story. Ray McKinnon, our creator of the show, he has a family friend who has a daughter named Amantha and that’s where the inspiration is. But, the joke is like, ‘That birth certificate… someone was celebrating a little bit too hard and missed.’ It’s like Amanda or Samantha? Whatever, just put it in, we’re not sure,”

It is weird that her name is one letter off from that bint on Britains Got Talent. Anyway, I like the show and look forward to seeing what else they do. As far as TV mysteries go, it can't be as bad as Under The Dome.

Simon
September 21st, 2015, 10:42 AM
I did actually enjoy it to be fair (as you can see above), there were just too many open endings that begin to piss you off - I don't mind a few but this show basically didn't answer any questions. I'm similarly annoyed with that new ITV show Doctor Foster, where they introduced a possible mental illness angle which means you can't believe a single thing of what is happening on screen. Eventually it just fucks you off.