PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question Amnesty

turdpower
May 16th, 2013, 4:45 PM
Was WCW fans throwing trash in the ring a work?

Add more.

Cewsh
May 16th, 2013, 4:48 PM
Nope. The TNA version was, though.

Mills
May 16th, 2013, 5:00 PM
Was Bret in on the screwjob?

The Law
May 16th, 2013, 5:03 PM
Nope. No way they would have been able to keep it a secret for this long. Also no way that Bret wouldn't have cashed in on that fact when he wrote his book. Also no way Davey and Neidhart would have bought their way out of their WWF contracts at great personal expense to leave.

Cewsh
May 16th, 2013, 5:05 PM
I do think he and Vince would have done business in the early 00s if it hadn't been for Bret's stroke, though.

The Law
May 16th, 2013, 5:17 PM
Unfortunately, it took Bret's stroke for Vince to reach out to him and make amends. I think that they briefly spoke at Owen's funeral and that was it between 1997 and Vince calling Bret in the hospital after his stroke. It's really strange that Bret held things against Shawn for so long but seems to have forgiven Vince fairly easily, especially once you consider that Vince was largely responsible for Owen's death. Obviously, him and Shawn had lots of problems before the Screwjob, but it seems like it might be a code of honor thing: Bret understands a promoter screwing one of the boys, but was offended that a fellow wrestler would go along with it.

It's a real shame that we didn't get Bret/Vince and Bret/Shawn back pre-stroke, when Bret could have had a legitimate match. Not up to the standard of his previous matches, but he still would have been able to take some bumps and execute some real moves.

Mills
May 16th, 2013, 5:19 PM
I understand it, he looked up to Vince as a fatherly figure when he was working there. His forgiveness is easier then to forgive his rival

Ringo
May 16th, 2013, 5:24 PM
Well he says he once considered Shawn a friend in the double interview with JR. I guess he considered Vince his boss. Code of honour between the wrestlers, sure.

The Law
May 16th, 2013, 5:26 PM
He and Vince were definitely close. "Father" is kind of an odd term to use since Vince is only 11 years older than Bret, but I've seen that description used in more than one place.

Also, here's a dumb question: How does everyone feel about the rumor that Savage banged Stephanie? I think it's absurd and there's no evidence to support it. It's interesting that Savage was never welcomed back to the family, whereas Hogan, Hart, Nash, Hall, and pretty much everyone else was eventually brought back. I think the issue with Savage was the same as Luger, that they both broke handshake deals with Vince and jumped without giving any notice. I think Vince found out that both of them had left when he saw them on WCW TV. That pissed him off in a whole different way than Nash, Hall, Hogan, Bret, and all the other guys leaving after giving notice and giving Vince a chance to match WCW's offers.

Shame that Savage died before he had a chance to come home. He really deserved to be inducted into the Hall of Fame while he was alive and appear in front of a live crowd. I'm glad they got Bruno in while he was still alive.

Kyle_242
May 18th, 2013, 4:12 PM
Where do babies come from?