PDA

View Full Version : where do you spend your time gaming these days?

The Rick
May 15th, 2013, 3:33 PM
-PC
-Home console
-Handhelds
-Cellphones & tablets.

Which are you playing games on the most as of now?

Consoles have so much functionality, that I rarely use them for the actual games. That will probably change with The Last of Us and GTA5 coming out. I find myself getting many small bursts of gaming in with my phone and handheld devices. I probably spend more accumulative time on my those two. Plus with NBA playoffs going on, I can play a few rounds of Triple Town while watching.

Kimura Kid
May 15th, 2013, 5:47 PM
I'm a PS3 Guy.

Typically only play a certain type of game.

1st Choice is MMA Gaming UFC 2009 & 2010 And UFC 3

I love the Fight Night Franchise as well, Fight Night Champion was fucking epic!!

WWE Games, Been buying them every year since I was a kid.....only missed last years release.

Those are my bread and butter. I'm a combat sports type of gamer. But I also enjoy the following.:

Naughty Dog!! I've played all the Uncharted games and am eagerly waiting for the Last of us to be released.

Also like everyone I enjoy GTA.....cannot wait for #5

Grimario
May 15th, 2013, 6:08 PM
Still the PC, hands down.

My 360 is used mostly for streaming media either via WMC or the available apps. Will occasionally bust out a game of some sort but really only got the thing to play Pro Clubs on FIFA and turns out shit latency makes me impossibly awful at it.

I have a bucketload of games on the Wii compared to the 360 but I haven't even turned it on this calendar year. Might have to boot it up and finish Xenoblade Chronicles during the football off season.

My phone gets an hour or so a day of gaming on it, filling in time on train trips.

Olympus
May 15th, 2013, 6:48 PM
I'd say it breaks down something like this...

PS3- 70%
Vita- 12%
360- 10%
Wii- 7%
DS- 1%

Since I got the Vita at launch I don't game on my phone anymore.

Each console is used for a different purpose, too. My PS3 is my hardcore console. It's usually reserved for RPG's and other "heavy" games, and I'm largely an individual on it.

The 360 is more of a "social" console. I'll play multiplayer on it more often (to try and justify Xbox Live), and the games are typically more "pick up and play" than the PS3 games.

Basically, if I have a free half hour, I'll play the 360, and if I have a free afternoon, I'll play the PS3.

The Wii is the "in-person" social console, which is mainly used when people are visiting or when my wife wants to play something. I'll rarely play it on my own, but when I do, it's either Xenoblade or The Last Story.

Vita is my primary portable, obviously, and will use it in bed, on the couch with the wife, etc... and it travels with me.

The DS is my wife's, so if I ever play it, it's something like The World Ends With You, or Dragon Quest IX. Usually no more than a few minutes at a time, because the thing doesn't fit in my hands very well.

The Rick
May 15th, 2013, 6:51 PM
See. That's the thing about my phone. It makes long lines at the grocery store tolerable. I can tune out crying children, and the like, while making penalty kicks, flinging birds, or building three bushes into a tree. The short bursts add up through the week. And the games are getting better.

Since the new wave of DRM games, I haven't spent much time with PC gaming. I didn't buy a game that came.with an online pass for close to a year after they started that fad, and this will likely be similar.

Jacknife
May 15th, 2013, 9:15 PM
iPhone these days, though I'm looking to get back into the PS3.

T.I (uh oh)
May 15th, 2013, 9:34 PM
At the moment I'm probably 50/50 between my Wii and 3DS.

3DS is such a beast of a machine, so many quality games have released recently that it just commands attention.
As for the Wii, I'm currently replaying a whole bunch of games that I really enjoyed before I buy a WiiU at the end of the year. At the moment it's Xenoblade, and I'm planning on Skyward Sword next.

I only play my Xbox360 when I get a new game for it - which is every 4 months or so on a good year. Normally when this happens though, I cease playing everything else. Really need to pick up Dragons Dogma: Dark Arison, but will wait until I've finished Xenoblade again.
Every 5-6 weeks I'll play some old stuff for a few hours - Gamecube, N64, Dreamcast, Amiga. Even though I have a long list of games that I want to play through on these systems, I very rarely stick with it, as I simply can't put up with the framerates.

Only ever play phone games when I'm in the bathroom.

darkhorse
May 15th, 2013, 9:46 PM
My 360 is used mostly for streaming media either via WMC or the available apps.

Same here. I love my 360 but I primarily use it to stream TV shows/Movies from my PC and do most of my gaming on my smartphone.

William
May 15th, 2013, 10:17 PM
I play solely on PC and Xbox360 for now. Mostly PC though, as the only games I really play on Xbox are First-Person Shooters, Wrestling games, and RPGs. Running out of RPGs for the 360 that I haven't beaten though and I generally quit playing wrestling games after I earn all the achievements considering there's no one locally that is even a challenge and the online aspects are completely broken... so I mainly play Halo 4 now, although I am playing Red Dead Redemption since I just got it the other day. For the PC, I have almost unlimited game length - old-school games, Steam, Desura, freeware, indies, RPG Maker games, etc. At least 800gb worth of stuff right now. So I play that a lot more, mainly to free up hard drive space since my external HD died and there are a few Steam games I want to install (Left 4 Dead 2, for example) that I can't until I get rid of some stuff. That and I have to share my 360 anyhow.

Kneeneighbor
May 15th, 2013, 10:43 PM
NES 85%
PS3 10%
IPad 5%

Bert
May 15th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Still the PC, hands down.

The Rick
May 15th, 2013, 10:50 PM

You got a Vita. I know that much.

I love the Vita machine. I just wish there was more to play from the actual Vita library. I probably need to go back and visit some psp games I missed.

Hero!
May 15th, 2013, 10:52 PM
I play a lot of phone games to kill down time at work or school. I don't really use my PS3 for much more than watching Netflix, but I do play PS1 and N64 quite frequently.

Bert
May 15th, 2013, 11:19 PM
You got a Vita. I know that much.

I love the Vita machine. I just wish there was more to play from the actual Vita library. I probably need to go back and visit some psp games I missed.

Yeah, I haven't been playing it that often. This new Jacob Jones game looks interesting though. Like a Professor Layton from Sony. And it's only $3.

Atty
May 16th, 2013, 2:49 AM
360 and PS3 mostly. I will mod and play KOTOR on the computer, but would rather play it on console if I could apply my mods.

Olympus
May 16th, 2013, 7:31 AM
See. That's the thing about my phone. It makes long lines at the grocery store tolerable. I can tune out crying children, and the like, while making penalty kicks, flinging birds, or building three bushes into a tree. The short bursts add up through the week. And the games are getting better.

I use my phone like that too, but it's more for Facebook, Twitter, Craigslist, MMAJunkie, and the like.

kangus
May 16th, 2013, 9:25 AM
On the shitter.

mr sabu
May 16th, 2013, 9:38 AM
pc

Matty C
May 16th, 2013, 10:22 AM
PS3 90-100%
PC 0-10%

I don't really game on my phone. I find the small screen and controls awkward. I use my lap-top, hooked up with an HDMI, to stream shows and movies for the most part though I use the PS3 for Netflix and blue ray on the odd occasion I'm watching something on disk (how fast did that stop being normal?).

I love my PS3. I don't watch much adult TV. If I'm watching TV its probably because I'm watching with someone else, mostly my little one but also my wife. Otherwise, I'm probably playing PS3 if I'm home and sitting in front of a TV. I'll break out the lap-top for Civilization every once in a while but that's about it.

Cewsh
May 16th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Xbox 360
3DS
Occaaaaaaasionally PC

Fro
May 16th, 2013, 2:06 PM
I don't play a ton of video games these days but for me it's about an equal split between Xbox 360, Wii and PS2.

Dreyski
May 16th, 2013, 3:54 PM
PC for Football Manager, Civ 4 and SNES/N64 emulator.
PS3 for everything else.

Funboy
May 17th, 2013, 1:08 PM
Mostly ps3; some N64 when old friends come over; the odd bit of Wii; and football manager on my laptop (but not in ages)

Kyle_242
May 18th, 2013, 4:06 PM
The thing I like about the Vita is that it's a great way to play things that aren't Vita games. Either PSP games, or PS1 games, or PSN games like Retro City Rampage, etc. I've played maybe 3 hours of the only Vita game I own (Wipeout), but I'm still totally in love with the console.

Having said that, I'm almost always playing my PS3. But I play a lot of PS2 and PSN games on it.

PC comes second, but usually just to play retro or indy stuff.

Haven't turned on my 360 for a few months, and my Wii's been packed away for at least 2 years now.