PDA

View Full Version : Heyman's New Client

The Law
May 14th, 2013, 10:56 PM
WWE.com has an article talking about the possibility of Heyman taking on a new client. With Lesnar working limited dates and Punk on leave, Heyman's not going to have anyone to manage after Extreme Rules. Should Heyman manage someone new? If so, who should it be?

I would absolutely want to see Heyman manage someone new, for both the selfish desire to have him on my TV screen and the fact that anyone associated with him instantly gets heat. So I think it would definitely make sense to have him take on one (or more) new clients. Punk will probably be back in a month or so, but there's no reason Heyman can't also manage someone else. There's also the possibility that Punk will return as a babyface, which would preclude the possibility of Heyman managing him.

My candidates for Heyman's next client:

Antonio Cesaro-So here's a guy who's really talented in the ring and has a great look, but doesn't have a very good character, doesn't talk very well, and doesn't get much heat. Obvious solution? Give him a manager. Heyman can take him on saying he's the best prospect on WWE's roster. Instant heat and credibility for Cesaro.

Big Show-They have a history both on and off-screen. Big Show is pretty over on his own, but if they decided they wanted to push him as a truly dominant force Heyman would give him something extra.

Cody Rhodes-He's due for a push, is overall very talented, but has always lacked the extra "something" to get him over. Add Paul Heyman and you have a guy who can credibly mix it up with anyone else on the roster.

Randy Orton-Definitely due for a heel turn. He's a pretty bad talker, so having Heyman around would spare us from listening to him cut promos. Could use something to reinvigorate him, and Heyman could definitely do that.

Ryback-He's a main event heel with no heat. Heyman would definitely get him heat. This seems like the most likely scenario. Could also lead to an interesting Ryback/Lesnar clash down the line.

What do you think?

Cewsh
May 14th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Heyman and Ryback is perfect.

Beer-Belly
May 14th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Cesaro. Drop the hackneyed "evil foreigner" bull shit and focus on him being a power house. Heyman would be perfect to build him back up.

Mills
May 14th, 2013, 11:08 PM
I could see Heyman having an old school heel group, ala The Heenan Family, with loosely alligned heels with a similar manager. Punk, Lesnar, Cesaro and Ryback would be interesting for sure. Maybe even a lower card heel like Michael McGillicutty there as a protege for Punk.

Tyson
May 14th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Somebody who is a little weak on the mic, could use Heyman's outstanding oratory skills to push him over the top.

Don't think it will be Ryback, who actually could use it. Already seen as a Goldberg carbon copy, following in the exact same footsteps as Brock Lesnar would not be conducive.

Big E Langston, perhaps?

Beer-Belly
May 14th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Big E is actually good on the mic, though.

Simmo Fortyone
May 14th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Zack Ryder.

He continues to vocalise his frustrations with WWE management. Takes on Heyman's representation, and Heyman gets him all sorts of advantages (easy matches, title opportunities, etc.) Ryder goes in to full-on douche mode, and goes up against Kofi Kingston for the US title (don't even know who has it at the moment, but let's pretend Kofi does). Heyman gets him the win via usual manager shenanigans and goes on to reign for a couple of months (defends a few times on Raw/SD, but doesn't face anyone terribly difficult). Gets a massive ego, to the point where he rubs up Punk/Lesnar the wrong way and there's tension among the ranks for Heyman to handle once Punk is back. Team Heyman loses to Team Vince at MacGyver Series, and Ryder pulls the old "I don't need you" routine. Goes out on his own and leads a midcard "frat-boy douche" group with Curt Hawkins and Alex Riley, a la 3MB.

Cewsh
May 14th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Yep. Big E doesn't need any help.

McBain
May 14th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Heyman involving himself in the main event to get the belt for Ryback would be A-OK for me.

I think this article is just idle gossip though, like much of the articles they post on WWE.com

virms
May 15th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Ziggler would have been perfect for this about a year ago. Could have been a Heenan/Perfect style relationship.

Mills
May 15th, 2013, 12:04 AM
Yep. Big E doesn't need any help.

Did Punk?

Cewsh
May 15th, 2013, 12:04 AM
To get booed, yeah.

Mills
May 15th, 2013, 12:08 AM
So Big E doesn't need help, but Punk did? Yeah, I'm not buying it.

Cewsh
May 15th, 2013, 12:11 AM
So Big E doesn't need help, but Punk did? Yeah, I'm not buying it.

Why? There aren't any preconceived notions about Big E, and he's quite talented. There's nothing that he really needs Heyman for. Punk was trying to get booed in front of audiences that adored him. He needed something new to make it hard for people to cheer his act. Heyman was that missing piece and it worked like a charm.

I'm not saying E is better than Punk, that'd be ridiculous. But one guy needed Heyman's specific skillset and one doesn't.

mth
May 15th, 2013, 12:20 AM
I'm a little iffy on Ryback joinging up as Heyman's already managing a beastly powerhouse monster-type dude and I'm not sure it'd be a good idea to take on another at the same time. Then he's got to put them both over with similar expressions/selling points and you can't really talk up one of them without it somewhat taking away from the other. Like, you can't say, "Brock is the most destructive force in WWE" without that also meaning he's more destructive than Ryback. Not saying it couldn't be done just seems like it'd be tough.

I'd be quicker to give Cesaro the thumbs up for the reasons in the first post. Dude's got the talent and needs the heat. Heyman could be the missing piece that makes things click.

Mills
May 15th, 2013, 12:30 AM
I'm not disagreeing that Punk was getting booed all the time, but he was getting booed more then Langston ever has

Tyson
May 15th, 2013, 1:53 AM
Good call on Ryder, he could definitely use the heat that Heyman brings.

"I got nowhere when I tried to be friends with you piece-of-shit fans, fuck you all."

virms
May 15th, 2013, 2:06 AM
Yeah but ryder really isn't w9rth the investment. Honestly the best idea/choice would be someone new from NXT.

Ochoa
May 15th, 2013, 2:16 AM
It just makes sense for Ryback to be put with Heyman. I can see it happening the night after Extreme Rules actually;

turdpower
May 15th, 2013, 1:58 PM
He should introduce his new client as;

Batista

YEAH.

Cewsh
May 15th, 2013, 2:03 PM
I would freak out.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
May 15th, 2013, 2:04 PM
What about him championing a tag team? :dunno:

I know it's fairly limited at the moment but it'd give the scene a bit of a boost.

JP
May 15th, 2013, 2:07 PM
Daniel Bryan.

Bennedy
May 15th, 2013, 2:18 PM
Heyman and Orton would be a very interesting pair. Then again, Heyman paired with anybody always turns out quite well.

Cewsh
May 15th, 2013, 2:27 PM
Actually, Heyman and Orton would be fantastic. You could pretty easily change Orton's character just enough to turn him into a near unbeatable heel that would draw some fucking money. If he didn't have to do the talking and could just be built as a psycho with a kill finish he can hit from anywhere, you'd have money falling from the sky.

Andy
May 15th, 2013, 2:30 PM
What about him championing a tag team? :dunno:

I know it's fairly limited at the moment but it'd give the scene a bit of a boost.

That is an interesting idea. :yes:

Can't see it working out though unfortunately with the tag titles being tied up with The Shield stuff at the moment.

I'd love it to be Barrett. The guy is being buried week after week (relegated to Superstars and losing to Sin Cara this week :freak:). He's got so much potential, just needs some direction and something to work with.

OD50
May 15th, 2013, 2:31 PM
The IC title has never been more prestigious.. :blah:

Cewsh
May 15th, 2013, 2:32 PM
The trouble with it being Barrett is that promos ARE what he's good at.

Andy
May 15th, 2013, 2:34 PM
It doesn't mean he doesn't have to speak though, as we've seen with Punk. And he's not just good on the mic, he's very good in the ring.

Hero!
May 15th, 2013, 2:36 PM
My buddy and I were thinking Ryback as the dude REALLY needs a mouthpiece. Mth brought up a great point about Ryback & Lesnar, so Imma change my answer to Daniel Bryan. Heyman loves his indie guys and DB was the true king of the indies. Even though he can talk, he's too well liked and without Heyman, it could be tough for him to get booed. Plus, Heyman could hype DB as the next Taz...a little guy, but he's an absolute submission machine who can break any man in half.

OD50
May 15th, 2013, 2:42 PM
How about Heyman betraying Lesnar for Ryback (THE NEW NEXT BIG THING), like he did with Lesnar/Big Show in 2003. Kind of like the Emperor replacing his old broken down Sith toys with new fresh ones.

Could set up a Lesnar/Ryback match at mania 30.

:dunno:

Andy
May 15th, 2013, 2:45 PM
That would just make everyone cry when Lesnar jobs to Ryback.

Badger
May 15th, 2013, 2:52 PM
Graves or Ohno are possibilities.

turdpower
May 15th, 2013, 2:57 PM
THE SHIELD.

Kimura Kid
May 15th, 2013, 6:18 PM
Add Kassius Ohno & Antonio Cesaro to reunite Kings of Wrestling with Heyman as a mouth piece and we have ourselves a license to print money.

Kimura Kid
May 15th, 2013, 6:24 PM
Could be Wade Barrett....Or a Diva.

Whoever it is should mesh well with the other guys in Heyman's stable. Punk and Lesnar are huge stars....I find it hard to believe he would chose a younger up and coming talent.

I expect it to be someone already established.

maxxmisery
May 16th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Add Kassius Ohno & Antonio Cesaro to reunite Kings of Wrestling with Heyman as a mouth piece and we have ourselves a license to print money.

I would seriously explode in my pants if this were to happen.

OD50
May 16th, 2013, 5:13 AM
Ohno/Cesaro managed by Heyman sounds amazing to me. :yes:

Rip
May 16th, 2013, 5:26 AM
Could be Wade Barrett....Or a Diva.

Whoever it is should mesh well with the other guys in Heyman's stable. Punk and Lesnar are huge stars....I find it hard to believe he would chose a younger up and coming talent.

I expect it to be someone already established.

That's pretty much why I can see it being someone younger, so they don't step on Lesner/Punks toes.

Someone like Ono with potential but no real WWE presence would make sense and be an excellent way to build a new star.

Anaconda Sniper
May 17th, 2013, 1:12 AM
Would love for it to be Cesaro or Barrett. I even think Heyman with Henry would be very awesome. Heyman with anyone will do wonders for whoever it is.

Kev
May 17th, 2013, 1:31 AM
Would love for it to be 3MB :happysad:

FL Punk
May 17th, 2013, 11:40 AM
I personally would love see this be Bray Wyatt and eventually, introduce the Wyatt Family down the road after he is established on the main roster.

Kassius Ohno would be another solid choice from the NXT roster, but I agree with what is being said, it is going to be someone who is already established on the main roster so it will have the most impact.

Whoever it is, I anticipate them to interfere with the Lesnar/HHH cage match in some form. It would be huge if Batista returned looking to aide HHH and then turn on him, setting up a HHH vs Batista match at Sumerslam and then down the road, you can have Lesnar turn on Batista and eventually lead to a match around the time of Survivor Series or the Royal Rumble.

Cewsh
May 17th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Holy hell would I ever love to see Batista/Lesnar. :yes:

JRSlim21
May 20th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Welll... didnt see that coming. (RAW is still a spoiler right?)

One Man Gang
May 21st, 2013, 12:53 AM
Yes

OD50
May 21st, 2013, 4:01 AM
Wow..

JP
May 21st, 2013, 4:22 AM
The clues were there in the past few months, he's always bigged him up on twitter.

Brave move, I like it.

OD50
May 21st, 2013, 5:12 AM
Odd that Hennig jobbed to Ted Jr and Sin Cara on Superstars the last two weeks under four minutes or something. Makes me think this was a last minute decision.

JP
May 21st, 2013, 5:37 AM
Odd that Hennig jobbed to Ted Jr and Sin Cara on Superstars the last two weeks under four minutes or something. Makes me think this was a last minute decision.

You have got to be kidding, seriously?

We're getting into Russo territory if that is the case.

wardy
May 21st, 2013, 5:43 AM
I suppose anything's better than that ridiculous name he had before.

OD50
May 21st, 2013, 5:49 AM
You have got to be kidding, seriously?

We're getting into Russo territory if that is the case.

Dunno. Must be better ways to build a guy up than going from jobber on Superstars to Raw main event in one weeks time. Maybe they just wanted it to be a complete and utter shock to people.

turdpower
May 21st, 2013, 12:14 PM
I genuinely have no idea who he is and couldn't be more underwhelmed by this.