PDA

View Full Version : WWE RAW - May 13th 2013 - BOK Center Tulsa, Oklahoma

Kimura Kid
May 13th, 2013, 9:59 AM
http://pakupakumedia.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/RAW-LOGO.png

–What will happen when Brock Lesnar and Triple H go face to face before their Steel Cage match at Extreme Rules this Sunday?

–World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler was concussed last Tuesday at the SmackDown tapings. What will be the latest on Ziggler’s status and will he be able to compete at Extreme Rules?

–This week, Chris Jericho and Fandango battle each other in a dance-off. Who will make all the right moves?

–Ryback has ruled over everyone in his path lately. How will Ryback keep his momentum going just six nights before his Last Man Standing Match against John Cena for the WWE Championship?

–Will Kaitlyn’s secret admirer reveal himself this week?

All this and more on Raw … tonight!

mr sabu
May 13th, 2013, 10:11 AM
again no witty title

Kimura Kid
May 13th, 2013, 10:14 AM
I'm expecting a good Raw tonight. I've been impressed with the post Mania shows thus far (especially Smackdown) and expect tonight's episode to deliver leading up to Extreme Rules.

I've noticed the activity in both the Skype & Raw threads here on the forums have been dwindling. I'm hoping we have more activity tonight!!

If you haven't had the chance to download Skype to join the Rajah Wrestling Chat I would recommend doing so before to tonights show so you can get involved!

mr sabu
May 13th, 2013, 10:14 AM
im actually still asleep when raw starts

Kimura Kid
May 13th, 2013, 10:16 AM
again no witty title

http://i42.tinypic.com/212srqb.jpg

Zacharie
May 13th, 2013, 11:37 AM
They might have to start pushing some folks if Zig ends up being out. Not much going on with Raw this week.

Cewsh
May 13th, 2013, 11:38 AM
I haven't even watched Raw in like 3 weeks. Have I missed anything?

VHS
May 13th, 2013, 11:39 AM

To me it look like a witty title to me!

Raw absolutely sucks nowadays.

Cewsh
May 13th, 2013, 11:50 AM
You're so gloomy, VHS. I'm going to send you a fruit basket.

mr sabu
May 13th, 2013, 11:53 AM
sandow singing ortons theme

Beer-Belly
May 13th, 2013, 11:56 AM
I haven't even watched Raw in like 3 weeks. Have I missed anything?

No. The Shield and Team Hell No and the World Heavyweight title feud are the only things moving in compelling directions. Ryback blows goats as a heel. I don't even dislike the guy, but he's not what they should be building shows around.

Kimura Kid
May 13th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Man, I think the past month has been fantastic!

Beer-Belly
May 13th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Brock bullying people at the WWE offices was dope. Other than that, last week's show was especially forgettable. Smackdown's been pretty fun, though.

mth
May 13th, 2013, 12:05 PM
If you didn't see Brock trashing Triple H's office, I'd suggest giving it a look. It was pretty funny.
I thought the Ryback/Foley confrontation was pretty good and I think the best thing Ryback's done since turning but that might've been more than three weeks back.

Beer-Belly
May 13th, 2013, 12:11 PM
The way Ryback over enunciates things is annoying and off putting.

Kimura Kid
May 13th, 2013, 12:15 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VjD9nTiTZY

mth
May 13th, 2013, 12:21 PM
The excessive heavy breathing is my problem. It really detracted from that backstage promo. But when he was in there with Foley, he didn't do it, which I thought really made a difference. I don't think his mic work is terrible but it definitely needs some kinks ironed out. Was hoping Cena mocking the breathing might make him cut it out.

InsertItHere
May 13th, 2013, 12:21 PM

Or herself :naughty:

Not much looking forward to Raw tonight. Always enjoy the Shield segments and the build for the WHC has been enjoyable thus far, but everything else just seems very bland at the moment.

StoneColdWWE316
May 13th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Last week's wasn't too bad but not quite as good as the past couple weeks. Go-Home Shows are generally pretty good before a PPV.

InsertItHere
May 13th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Last week's wasn't too bad but not quite as good as the past couple weeks. Go-Home Shows are generally pretty good before a PPV.

Good point. Forgot that the PPV is this Sunday. Hopefully that'll bump up the quality of the show a bit.

stylepoints
May 13th, 2013, 4:08 PM
http://pakupakumedia.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/RAW-LOGO.png

–What will happen when Brock Lesnar and Triple H go face to face before their Steel Cage match at Extreme Rules this Sunday?

–World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler was concussed last Tuesday at the SmackDown tapings. What will be the latest on Ziggler’s status and will he be able to compete at Extreme Rules?

–This week, Chris Jericho and Fandango battle each other in a dance-off. Who will make all the right moves?

–Ryback has ruled over everyone in his path lately. How will Ryback keep his momentum going just six nights before his Last Man Standing Match against John Cena for the WWE Championship?

All this and more on Raw … tonight!

- Will stylepoints make his RAW debut from his hometown? If so, what does he have in store for Mark Henry?

JT4104
May 13th, 2013, 4:45 PM
I pretty much tuned out once Punk took his vacation. There is nothing that Ryback does that remotely can keep me to watch. Feels like to me they are just going in circles since they haven't really built anyone up over the last few years. I enjoy the Shield, but not sure what else they can do, I mean they already defeated Super Friends teams with Cena on them so there isn't even that anymore. Hell No for me has run it's course and I kinda wish DB was on his own again. Glad Ziggler is champ, but wish he wasn't stuck with ADR/Swagger, but on that same note there isn't anyone else really unless you work Sheamus/Orton back into it.

I figure once Punk comes back I'll probably tune back in until then I got you guys on the board to keep me informed of all the happenings.

Kimura Kid
May 13th, 2013, 7:43 PM
Raw is coming live in less than 20 Minutes. Anyone looking to chat with the Rajah community while watching Raw please download Skype to get involved. I can assist you joining the Rajah Wrestling Chat once you completed the download.

The Law
May 13th, 2013, 8:03 PM
Hard to think of a worse way to start a show than these recap/preview voice over segments. Absolutely no momentum. Instead of a sporting event opening, it's a movie trailer.

JT4104
May 13th, 2013, 8:06 PM
Well...I'll at least watch Fandango to start the show.

virms
May 13th, 2013, 8:09 PM
Fuck. I really need to start getting home on time.

JT4104
May 13th, 2013, 8:24 PM
Good work Fandango......

G-Fresh
May 13th, 2013, 8:27 PM
Well then.....almost a half hour dedicated to some fruity fuckin dancing shit.

The Law
May 13th, 2013, 8:29 PM
Has there ever been a main eventer with less heat than Ryback? I swear, the crowd is dead silent every time he comes out. He has less heat than almost any member of the roster.

Hero!
May 13th, 2013, 8:29 PM
Ryback is now announced from Las Vegas versus "sin city". Interesting.

Also, Ryder in long tights? Looks horrible.

Jacknife
May 13th, 2013, 8:30 PM
That's cause Ryback sucks.

Hero!
May 13th, 2013, 8:30 PM
And why the fuck are they encouraging people to watch backstage shit on their phones instead of watching the action in the ring?

Ps really shit first half hour

One Man Gang
May 13th, 2013, 8:32 PM
And why the fuck are they encouraging people to watch backstage shit on their phones instead of watching the action in the ring?

Ps really shit first half hour

That's what I was wondering. Utterly ridiculous.

The Law
May 13th, 2013, 8:34 PM
I liked Ryback as a face. The problem was that his heat was entirely based on him being unstoppable. Then they had him lose six pay-per-view matches in a row. No one gives a shit about the unstoppable monster who loses all the time. As Jim Cornette said, at least Frankenstein got to kick a few villagers asses.

He's not working as a heel. Beating up John Cena definitely isn't going to get him heat, since most of the fans don't like Cena anyway. Having him wrestle lots of squash matches isn't going to do it either, because he's been doing that for a year now. His promos really aren't up to par. Then again, neither were Goldberg's, but WCW never had him talk for that reason.

JT4104
May 13th, 2013, 8:38 PM
I liked Ryback as a face. The problem was that his heat was entirely based on him being unstoppable. Then they had him lose six pay-per-view matches in a row. No one gives a shit about the unstoppable monster who loses all the time. As Jim Cornette said, at least Frankenstein got to kick a few villagers asses.

He's not working as a heel. Beating up John Cena definitely isn't going to get him heat, since most of the fans don't like Cena anyway. Having him wrestle lots of squash matches isn't going to do it either, because he's been doing that for a year now. His promos really aren't up to par. Then again, neither were Goldberg's, but WCW never had him talk for that reason.
Goldberg looked fantastic because he looked normal rag tagging cruiserweights as he did bigger guys like Hugh Morrus. The monster problem with Ryback was he never looked impressive against anyone that looked like a decent size guy.

Now granted Albert dickbagged him by not jumping on raw that one night. Ryback just literally looks to robotic in the ring to look like a bad ass.

G-Fresh
May 13th, 2013, 8:40 PM
Ryback should get a horse and live in the mountains somewhere and not bother anybody.

The Law
May 13th, 2013, 8:40 PM
Should they use this concussion as an opportunity to turn Dolph face? If it's serious enough that he has to forfeit the title, I think that would be the way to go. He'd get tons of sympathy if he did a Shawn Michaels "lost my smile" type of speech and tearfully had to forfeit the title he worked all his life to win. When he comes back in a few months, people would be majorly into him chasing the new heel champion, whoever it would be.

G-Fresh
May 13th, 2013, 8:43 PM
I'm already tired of Ziggler as champ. AJ is an annoying little bitch and Big E. is lame as an enforcer or whatever.

Hero!
May 13th, 2013, 8:44 PM
What the fuck is this shit? Is Ziggler legit hurt?

G-Fresh
May 13th, 2013, 8:45 PM
There's yer sign.

JT4104
I'm already tired of Ziggler as champ. AJ is an annoying little bitch and Big E. is lame as an enforcer or whatever.:lol:...man you're great. The constant going against the internet darling is great.

William
Should they use this concussion as an opportunity to turn Dolph face? If it's serious enough that he has to forfeit the title, I think that would be the way to go. He'd get tons of sympathy if he did a Shawn Michaels "lost my smile" type of speech and tearfully had to forfeit the title he worked all his life to win. When he comes back in a few months, people would be majorly into him chasing the new heel champion, whoever it would be.

I liked that idea better than what they actually went with, as usual.

Shit Raw so far. Opening made me want to quit watching tonight entirely.

Alex E
May 13th, 2013, 8:46 PM
Wow. WWE is pretty atrocious at the moment. I can't bring myself to watch a 3 hour raw. Same stuff every damn week. Oh well, I had a good 16 year run.

Hero!
May 13th, 2013, 8:49 PM
I'm usually all into RAW, but this has been garbage. The one feud I care about just went down the drain.

WWE needs Punk back

JT4104
May 13th, 2013, 8:51 PM
Ambrose 1 on 1 for he US belt? That is kinda odd, you can't really put Kofi over in that situation.

The Law
May 13th, 2013, 8:52 PM
If Sandow started a gimmick where he sang his opponent's song every week he would be a main eventer by the end of the year.

G-Fresh
May 13th, 2013, 8:52 PM
:lol:...man you're great. The constant going against the internet darling is great.

I'd rather have Swagger as WHC.

The Law
May 13th, 2013, 8:56 PM
Mark Henry getting the 9:00 segment. Damn right. He's been the most entertaining member of the roster since Wrestlemania.

JT4104
May 13th, 2013, 9:09 PM
the fuck...they made a 12 rounds 2? Dead god, who deserved this?

stylepoints
May 13th, 2013, 9:10 PM
My friend and I are leaving the event right now. We apparently arent the only ones. It's just been hard to sit through. Can't imagine doing it for another 2 hours.

Maybe I'm getting old, or maybe I'm just not properly entertained. I don't know but I have to be at work at 8 tomorrow.

The Guy on the Couch
May 13th, 2013, 9:19 PM
My friend and I are leaving the event right now. We apparently arent the only ones. It's just been hard to sit through. Can't imagine doing it for another 2 hours.

Maybe I'm getting old, or maybe I'm just not properly entertained. I don't know but I have to be at work at 8 tomorrow.

Things are only as fun as you make them. If you go to a show of any kind and have a shit attitude its not going to be fun. On the other hand you can go to a horrible concert/game/show and still have a good time if you have a good attitude.

JT4104
May 13th, 2013, 9:20 PM
So much for a Cesaro win streak....

The Law
May 13th, 2013, 9:30 PM
"Man, I'm glad The Miz is back."

-No one.

stylepoints
May 13th, 2013, 9:31 PM
Things are only as fun as you make them. If you go to a show of any kind and have a shit attitude its not going to be fun. On the other hand you can go to a horrible concert/game/show and still have a good time if you have a good attitude.

Check my last few posts. I was pretty excited to go. I wondered why we couldn't have had a good time during a lackluster show like the New Jersey crowd. Well, you can't force it. The crowd from New Jersey were coming off of a wrestlemania experience. Of course they had left over energy.

William
May 13th, 2013, 9:34 PM
I tried my best to attempt to enjoy the show. First time in 14 years that I've actually quit watching before the show was over so it's not like I do it often, but this has been overly atrocious.

JT4104
May 13th, 2013, 9:43 PM
so...HHH/Brock face off is the "main event" tonight?

jericho1921
May 13th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Raw Needs Punk Sign won't last long in the audience, but it is very true!

JT4104
May 13th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Cena against the Shield....sad day when i hope for a Ryback run in.

jericho1921
May 13th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Might as Well have a Phone Booth in the Corner, it is time for super cena

Hero!
May 13th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Oh fuck me, either Cena hands shield their first loss or Ambrose gets a big win

Make the right choice

JT4104
well....Technically the Shield just lost to Cena.

Hero!
Shield lost oh fuck me. Really. Really? That's it? Fuck you wwe

Hero!
May 13th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Hopefuly this just means that they're all winning belts Sunday and no longer need the "undefeated" moniker for credibility

The Guy on the Couch
May 13th, 2013, 10:07 PM
HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAQ Cena just singlehandedly gave the Shield their first team loss HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA everyone called it jokingly and it actually happened HAHAHAHAHAHA

JT4104
May 13th, 2013, 10:08 PM
and still ZERO reaction for Ryback.....pathetic

DaSaintFan
May 13th, 2013, 10:09 PM
HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAQ Cena just singlehandedly gave the Shield their first team loss HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA everyone called it jokingly and it actually happened HAHAHAHAHAHA

Don't see the big deal... Sorry, but they should be losing matches, as long as they win the ambushes and attacks.

So they lost on 2 Dq's. It's not like Cena beat them.

JT4104
May 13th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Don't see the big deal... Sorry, but they should be losing matches, as long as they win the ambushes and attacks.

Ok...why must they lose matches to Cena? They are your hottest heels right now and many other faces could use the rub from being the guy that gave them their first "loss." Of all people why did it have to be Cena?

The Guy on the Couch
May 13th, 2013, 10:13 PM

Never said I was against it. Just find it funny that everyone joked about how their first loss would be Cena beating them single handed and that is pretty much exactly how it went down.

GtheMVP
May 13th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Hopefuly this just means that they're all winning belts Sunday and no longer need the "undefeated" moniker for credibility

Yeah, I hate undefeated monikers, it's just not needed if creative can book properly. I'm glad it's over, but I hate how it happened. Fuck off Cena ! At least Cena didn't pin Reigns as well, this could been worse!

JT4104
May 13th, 2013, 10:16 PM
I dont think anyone is bothered that the Shield lost, just think it was the guy that did it.

jericho1921
May 13th, 2013, 10:16 PM
I have loved Team Hell No, but they really need Bryan in a major title feud. Compared to Ryback his reactions are off the chart.

DaSaintFan
May 13th, 2013, 10:17 PM
I dont think anyone is bothered that the Shield lost, just think it was the guy that did it.

Dunno about that JT... even around here, I've seen a lot of posts that have implied "how long should they go undefeated".

The Guy on the Couch
May 13th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Digging Big E's entrance and theme

Hero!
May 13th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Ahahah they picked Swagger!

The Law
May 13th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Who wouldn't want to see a Tea Partier fight a black guy?

maxxmisery
May 13th, 2013, 10:21 PM
This WWE App thing is more annoying than Tout and mystery GM combined to me right now.

JT4104
May 13th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Dunno about that JT... even around here, I've seen a lot of posts that have implied "how long should they go undefeated".
Lets be honest....in terms of their first "loss" that probably should have at least been built to happen on a PPV, DQ loss or not. Also, if their is one guy in the company who doesn't need to be the 1st guy to get a "win" over them it was probably Cena.

Cewsh
May 13th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Guys, it was a DQ. It wasn't an actual loss. There's really no need to get this bent out of shape.

JT4104
come on Big E...sell the ankle lock at least.

maxxmisery
Man I wish Big E would wear some longer trunks, leave something to the imagination dude damn

Zacharie
May 13th, 2013, 10:37 PM
That definitely looked like a loss for Shield. Cena was "injured" and still took down all three guys. Yeah, it was DQ but it was while he had the guy in a submission hold right after overcoming the 3 on 1 scenario and Roman's spear. Ridiculous, lol.

The Rick
May 13th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Ho hum womens match, but liked AJ's finisher. If she has used it before, I hadn't seen it.

Kimura Kid
May 13th, 2013, 10:53 PM
That divas match kicked ass!!

Raw has been quality....imo.

JT4104
May 13th, 2013, 11:03 PM
No Hunter...that mystique was killed last April in about a 2 min sequence with a chain and ring steps

JT4104
May 13th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Sigh......:rolleyes:

maxxmisery
May 13th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Average Raw, nothing great, nothing terrible. I give it a 5

StoneColdWWE316
May 13th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Pretty good RAW and good lead into Extreme Rules on Sunday. 6-Man Tag was very good and The Shield still looked strong at the end.

Judas Iscariot
May 13th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Fucking Cena. God fucking damn it.

ZERO

StoneColdWWE316
May 14th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Im sorry but if he pinned all 3 of them I could see the argument.

Judas Iscariot
May 14th, 2013, 12:20 AM
He may as well have. He's the worst thing in the world.

ABOMINATION

The Law
May 14th, 2013, 12:31 AM
I don't think it's that big a deal, but the Shield really looked like shit there. Cena beat all three of them by himself. Yes, the final elimination was by disqualification, but he had Ambrose in the STF. I don't really understand why the booked that match to go down like that at all. I think it would have made much more sense for it to be a standard match and Shield to win because Ryback distracts Cena.

Brian M.
May 14th, 2013, 12:54 AM
I just don't think they wanted their champion to be pinned twice going into the PPV, distraction or not. Which really brings up the point of why they put him in a match with The Shield tonight to begin with. They booked themselves into a corner and just made a mess out of it all trying to make everyone look good. In the end, nobody looked great. However, I don't think it's a disaster. That match had unbelievable heat and was very fun to watch until the end. Easily the best part of the show. When Daniel Bryan is that over in fucking Oklahoma I think he's ready to take the leap to main event status.

The first segment dragged way too long but the last two minutes were fucking great as have been all of the Fandango/Jericho beatdown segments. I found it funny how they showed a clip from the Guerrero/JBL strap match that made strap matches seem like the most atrocious and boring to watch thing ever and then Henry and Sheamus went at each other and I was like FUCK YEAH STRAP MATCH! So they clearly did a good job there. Main event segment was pretty solid. Nothing spectacular. Don't think you can complain about Triple H looking good when it probably means he's losing on Sunday. Everything else was genuinely just filler. So I'm giving this a 5. Some good stuff to sell the PPV but not enough meat to flesh out a 3 hour show and keep me entertained throughout. I was bored A LOT tonight. And it doesn't take much to keep me entertained during a wrestling show. Hopefully Extreme Rules turns out better.

Simmo Fortyone
May 14th, 2013, 1:26 AM
So we're all gonna pretend that a white guy whipping a black guy didn't just happen?

Mills
May 14th, 2013, 1:27 AM

Zacharie
May 14th, 2013, 1:54 AM
There just isn't much going on with this show.

They do all these Cesaro/Orton matches but they don't lead to anything.

Bryan is over as fuck, I don't know why they don't use him more effectively.

Six man tag was good until Cena crushed the odds. Shield looked like crap at the end of it. Is it so bad that three guys who have been built strong for eight months would put one guy down? They could have even had Ryback run in to make it a 4 on 1 defeat. Or have Shield beat Cena down to the point where they get DQed while Ryback does his arm movements. Instead, Cena shook off Roman's spear and threw Ambrose into an STF. Oh, and Cena is supposed to be injured too. Yeah, way to sell that.

So The Shield beats Ryback a couple of times...

Cena overcomes The Shield while injured after all of his partners have been sent away...

And I'm supposed to believe that Ryback has a chance when Cena-- while injured-- just threw off the same three man group that Ryback can't beat while healthy-- with partners?

Lol, that's just terrible build up.

HHH/Brock-- I don't why they are doing this. Isn't there someone else Brock can fight?

Ringo
May 14th, 2013, 3:51 AM
Pretty poor. I enjoyed Mark Henry and the opening segment. The Shield match certainly had my interest too but that was some lame booking. No need to do that - booking themselves into a corner indeed.

Didn't bother with Trips/Brock. Which is ridiculous because Brock & Heyman are my favourites. I know they see Trips/Brock as the obvious moneymaker but for fuck sake - let's get it over with now. Brock needs to actually interact with someone on the roster who would get a rub.

Then there was some filler - although a Prime Time Players appearance is always welcome - and fucking Orton/Cesaro. Cesaro comes out and picks up a win last Monday, cuts a short and sweet promo and they hype the match with Kofi on Main Event. Then he loses to Orton on Main Event but it was a 22 minute match which makes him look strong and that show probably doesn't get many viewers anyway. And now it's Monday again and he just loses to Orton in 4 minutes. Lovely.

Also, Ziggler's injury is unfortunate but they could have come up with something better. That was the match at Extreme Rules many of us were looking forward to the most. No Ziggler, no ladder stip. Swagger/ADR part 13 in a fucking I Quit match. Which is not a stip I generally like.

I will watch the PPV for the Strap match and Fandango/Y2J. With everything else I'll just hope something surprises me.

edit: oh yeah and the Shield matches!

Pipkin
May 14th, 2013, 3:59 AM
The only things that really stand out for me from this Raw are 1) Jericho saying the name Fandango during a serious promo was absurd and hilarious, 2) Triple H saying "shut your pie hole" while inside a steel cage was absurd and hilarious, and 3) both of these things need to happen more often.

Oh, and Mark Henry continues to be my favorite thing about WWE.

GtheMVP
May 14th, 2013, 4:24 AM
The only things that really stand out for me from this Raw are 1) Jericho saying the name Fandango during a serious promo was absurd and hilarious, 2) Triple H saying "shut your pie hole" while inside a steel cage was absurd and hilarious, and 3) both of these things need to happen more often.

Oh, and Mark Henry continues to be my favorite thing about WWE.

Hell yeah!! Man, over the last few weeks I'm finally starting to appreciate Henry. When I came back to wrestling two years ago (left in 07) for the Rock's return, I didn't see much of Henry, and when I did he was still sexual chocolate to me. I can see why he was seen as such a beast during his heel run before he got hurt. I'm pumped for this strap match!

I was hating Sheamus, but I respect how rough he can get, or how much damage he's willing to take, I expect fireworks for their match!

This RAW was lame overall, but it did plenty for me to get excited for the Triple H/Brock, and the strap match. I hope the Shield walks out with titles!!

Like Bryan M said, DB is so fucking over, he's ready for the belt! If Ziggler's done for a bit, strip him of the title and let DB run with it!!!

Is money in the bank the next one? I'd like to see DB win that then cash in quickly!

Hotbeef-Injection
May 14th, 2013, 4:39 AM
Just so I know I'm not crazy, Randy Orton - one of the most protected and established guys on the roster - just beat another midcard heel in less than 5 minutes because. .....why? How fan Orton have so little direction but gets to bury all these potentially great heels like Rhiees, Barrett and Cesaro. It's not Wrestlemania season anymore. There's no excuse

G-Fresh
May 14th, 2013, 5:08 AM
So we're all gonna pretend that a white guy whipping a black guy didn't just happen?

What difference at this point does it make?

Hero!
May 14th, 2013, 6:39 AM
I went to bed at 10:28. I did not fall asleep watching RAW or have a need to get up extra early in the morning. RAW was so boring that I actually turned off the TV and went to bed.

Poor show. Just really, really bad.

Kimura Kid
May 14th, 2013, 9:00 AM
Raw was great and not sure why most of you continue to watch wrestling if you despise it as much as you seem to. I stopped watching wrestling for over a decade and never hated wrestling. You guys talk constant shit but still tune in every week only to stop watching mid way through....ffs someone actually said they left Raw that they attended.....WTF is wrong with people. How is a WWE Live event boring?? anyway I'll try to point out why I enjoyed wresting last night.

Dance of was lame, but the way it finished was awesome. The attack on Jericho with the dance floor was perfect. Not to mention Summer being involved in the ploy to attack Jericho was good stuff. The whole promo seemed like a throwback to me.

Ryback squashed Ryder....Good for him....would of liked to see some sort of altercation with Cena...maybe cost ryback the win or sumthin more than a clean squash with no involvement from Cena.

I really enjoyed the Tag match with PTP & TOF. The finish reminded me again of a throwback. It's nice seeing the heel get away with a dirty victory using a foreign object. Plus I enjoyed seeing PTP get some air time and walk away with the W.

Kofi Vs Sandow was a good lil match, kept me entertained. I always enjoy Sandow on the mic and he and Kofi had a decent match to boot.

Sheamus Vs Henry Promo was awesome!! Love Henry and hoping he gets the W this Sunday.

Orton Vs Cesaro was alright, The match they had on Main Event was 10 times better. And I don't see why Show wasn't involved in the match so Cesaro could of picked up the win. I thought we were going to See a Cesaro push but he's lost both of his previous matches and didn't look to strong losing to Orton clean on Raw...again. Cesaro should of got the win via help from show and this way you further build on Orton Vs Show and continue Cesaro's push...IDK with the booking on this.

Miz is back!! I like to see that. Seems like he get's a good reaction from the crowd and I enjoy watching him. Glad to see him back. The match was Ight....nothing special but was entertaining nonetheless.

Cena & THN Vs The Shield was alright...didn't like the finish.....didn't like them losing the way they did. didn't like super fucking cena picking up the W on a bonafide 3 on 1. Fuck me!! Still was a good match and entertaining.

Swagger Vs Big E was my least favorite part of Raw, They book big E like complete shit make him look weaker and weaker every fucking week. It's retarded. Glad I'm not paying for tickets to Extreme Rules. Cuz I sure as fuck don't wanna see Swagger Vs Del Rio again. Swagger will win this Sunday tho....set up the Match against Ziggler at Payback in Chicago.....YES!!!

AJ Vs Natty was fucking AWESOME!!! What a beautiful match for the Divas, AJ's Finish is sick!! Loved that match and I'm not a huge fan of the divas division...well at least nowadays.

Brock and HHH encounter was Epic!! Getting to see Lesnar so often is a treat and something I don't take for granted. The guy is awesome. Put the belt on him and have him destroy everyone in his path for the next 2 years. Cuz he's fucking fun to watch. Loved the little brawl in the cage to close the show. Was intense.

Few things lacking in the show like Barrett & Show & few things I wasn't happy about but the show was good. It was something I enjoyed watching after a long day at work....what else do you guys have going on monday nights thats so much superior than Raw? Oh that's right Nothing....that's why your either on here or at the arena complaining. lol

It's really fucking annoying how much everyone complains. Is it the cool thing to do? Shit all over the product? I honestly feel many of you are jaded. "We want everything & We want it right now" type of attitudes.

Marks.........

Judas Iscariot
May 14th, 2013, 9:11 AM
No it's not the cool thing to do.

FUCKING CENA

G-Fresh
May 14th, 2013, 9:21 AM
It's boring cause people let it be. I make sure I enjoy myself when I go to live events. Concerts, wrestling, basketball games. I've did pretty good not being kicked out of such events. Well, I got kicked out of the 2007 GotJ for throwing bottles of piss and other random stuff like dead fish and raw bacon at the wrestlers. I talked the dude into letting me stay and then went to my campsite and went to sleep. I missed getting to watch Sabu wrestle and Blaze & R.O.C. came by the site to kick it and smoke some weed and I missed that shit too.

Jacknife
May 14th, 2013, 9:22 AM
Turned it off after Orton vs. Cesaro. This show is starting to get awful, even for me. I can't sit through 3 hours of RAW just to see one or two bright moments.

G-Fresh
May 14th, 2013, 9:23 AM
Smoke more weed.

Mark Hammer
May 14th, 2013, 9:24 AM
Raw absolutely sucks nowadays.

I'm honestly not sure why so many people continue to watch it at all, much less religiously.

Cewsh
May 14th, 2013, 9:44 AM
WWE at it's worst is more accessible and casually entertaining than anything comparable.

Judas Iscariot
May 14th, 2013, 9:46 AM
WWE is the worst thing in the world.

I'm done.

NJPW it is.

Cewsh
May 14th, 2013, 9:53 AM
YES

This is how we're going to recruit more Puro Pals. Just wait for bad episodes of Raw and push Tanahashi matches on them.

Judas Iscariot
May 14th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Is Dean Ambrose a Puro Pal?

My world is in a state of miserable flux.

takerson
May 14th, 2013, 10:50 AM
I don't think it's been that bad. :dunno:

It's been much worse before, and I think with guys like Cesaro, The Shield, Lesnar, Jericho, Bryan, & Ziggler sprinkled throughout the show, WWE is able to hold my interest better than it has in years.

And NXT is part of WWE... and it's the best "promotion" in the US right now.

Cewsh
May 14th, 2013, 11:07 AM
I actually enjoyed the show just fine. It was a little dull in parts, but that's summertime in WWE for you.

Kimura Kid
May 14th, 2013, 11:27 AM
I thought it was a good show....But I heard nothing but complaints on the forum and in the Skype chat.

Annoying as fuck. When I dislike something it tends not to be my hobby. I don't join American Idol forums to shit talk how bad american idol was last night...I just don't watch it.

please stop voicing your displeasure....and simply refrain from watching cuz your complaints are fucking annoying.

Andy
May 14th, 2013, 11:27 AM
I'm only half way through this but I can absolutely guarantee Dolph Ziggler's live tweeting was much more entertaining than raw.

Andy
May 14th, 2013, 12:01 PM
A few thoughts.

Jericho/Fandango thing was ok but 20 minutes? It didn't add anything to the build or any sort of stipulation for the match.

Enjoyed the strap match stuff. Henry has been brilliant since he came back.

Really gutted for Ziggler. It really hurts Extreme Rules too, which I probably won't pay for now. I was really only looking forward to that match plus the strap and tag matches.

And speaking of the tag match, jesus. Where to start? First of all, that's a PPV match. I guess it's hypocritical to complain about good matches being on TV but seriously, it makes so little sense. They've been booked brilliantly since Survivor Series, then this? Seth Rollins gets pinned for the first time and Cena single handedly beats them all. It's like the Rock/Cena hug at the end of Mania. We all predicted it in fear that it might actually happen and what do you know. Yeah it was a DQ but let's call a spade a spade; the clear implication was that Ambrose was about to tap. Why not have Ryback interfere and cost Cena? God forbid Cena loses twice in a row after shenanigans.

I just hope more than anything that they don't fuck the Daniel Bryan situation up. If The Shield are taking the titles, lets have Kane fuck him over or whatever, have Bryan feud with him and beat him over a month or two and then put him straight in the title picture. I've not seen anyone this over in a long time.

I like Langston but christ that match was boring. Awful ending too. I did chuckle at him completely no selling the ankle lock which has been terrorising Del Rio for months though.

Divas match was ok for what it was. I can't really think of anything that would make this secret admirer thing interesting though. Still, The Bellas and AJ are great. That finisher was certainly interesting to look at.

I'm not crazy about Brock/Trips. I enjoy Brock tearing shit up but this feud has more than run it's course. The guy has been here a year and we've seen him lose to Cena, beat Trips, lose to Trips and...that's it. You'd think they'd want him to have more impact than that. If he's doing the same schedule as last year, I'd like to see him get started on his Summerslam feud soon. As long as it's not against Triple fucking H.

Overall a really poor show. Tell me I shouldn't watch it or whatever but I don't think many people would disagree with me.

Peter Griffin
May 14th, 2013, 12:03 PM
I thought it was a good show....But I heard nothing but complaints on the forum and in the Skype chat.

Annoying as fuck. When I dislike something it tends not to be my hobby. I don't join American Idol forums to shit talk how bad american idol was last night...I just don't watch it.

please stop voicing your displeasure....and simply refrain from watching cuz your complaints are fucking annoying.

I wouldn't bother mate, iv'e said this so many times, its a waste of energy, just let the whinging old cunts get on with it.

Kneeneighbor
May 14th, 2013, 12:03 PM
How can you call the HHH Lesnar scuffle epic?

Cewsh
May 14th, 2013, 12:20 PM
I pretty much agree with Andy on the show, for the most part. There's at least one thing in every segment that is confusingly booked, but the show as a whole was fine.

I think that we need to be fair to WWE here, as both of the PPV main events they seemingly had planned for the show (Ladder Match and Rock/Cena) got nixed due to injury, so they had to get this Ryback storyline rolling before it was ready, had to roll out an emergency Lesnar/Triple H rematch and Swagger and Del Rio have to improvise. It's been a bad month for WWE, luck wise.

Ringo
May 14th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Didn't realise Extreme Rules was on Box Office over here. Will have to download in the morning. I pay for the Rumble, Mania and shows that really demand my attention (Punk/Cena in 2011, Extreme Rules last year).

JT4104
May 14th, 2013, 4:11 PM
My one complaint and I readily admit I am jaded from other eras. But for me it seems like in WWE right now their are only legit 2 or 3 guys who could be looked upon as the top dog. I just remember days I could could 5 to 7 guys you could see at the top of the card being champ and leading the show.

That is what kills me, it's always the same guy against whatever month long pushed heel they decide on this time. I completely understand why it has to be done but it is still annoying as hell to see. Besides building Ryback as a heel, why not put more work into guys like Barrett, Rhodes, Cesaro and company. As someone said earlier, why in the hell does Orton need to look strong going into match 3095873420958 with Big Show? I mean after he is done with big show I'd bet he moves on to Henry because well just because.

OH yea...4 for last night, nothing memorable and I just can't buy into any of the fueds at all. (Dolph getting hurt just ruined it for me)

turdpower
May 14th, 2013, 4:24 PM
What is the point of Randy Orton right now?

Every time I flick it on he seems to be beating someone in a match on RAW but he has no fixed feud and doesn't appear to be near the title picture.

Cewsh
May 14th, 2013, 4:39 PM
He can't win the title because he's on his second strike, but he's too big a star and too popular with crowds to depush. He's in limbo.

William
May 14th, 2013, 4:39 PM

Yeah, people should totally not have differentiating opinions nor be free to voice said opinions on a DISCUSSION forum. I mean, what sense does that make? This coming from a guy that gave this particular show an 8. Easily entertained much? This is -the- first time I've ever actually complained about WWE on the internet, anywhere. I can only speak for myself though. There is much more to it than just "If you don't like it, don't watch it!". When you have religiously watched something for so long, some people do tend to keep watching in hopes that it will get better than something like this show (which it will, of course). I'm sorry but I watch wrestling mainly for the actual wrestling aspects and this show was definitely lacking. If you can't see that, then something is wrong with you. Not to mention, complaining about complaints is just as "annoying". I know you weren't directly referring to me but it had to be said.

It was a horrible show. It's not a fact. It's an opinion. Not a big deal.

Badger
May 14th, 2013, 4:51 PM
What is the point of Randy Orton right now?

Every time I flick it on he seems to be beating someone in a match on RAW but he has no fixed feud and doesn't appear to be near the title picture.

Vince like his abs?

To weigh in on the Shield debate, probably wasn't ideal to have a big match like that on free TV and Shield losing on PPV would've been better, but it wasn't a disaster like people are making it out to be. Cena only beat Rollins cleanly and Reigns got himself DQ'ed (fun fact - he still hasn't been pinned or made to submit on TV) and they ran in at the end to get Ambrose DQ'ed. The bigger picture is that they're heels and they did the damage to Cena at the end like when they destroyed Taker after he beat Ambrose. They're not exactly supposed to be good sportsmen. Wins and losses shouldn't matter that much, they're still mega-over running roughshod.

The Rogerer
May 14th, 2013, 4:52 PM
I'm two matches in , is this the 'complete waste of time' episode? 20 minutes on that Fandango/Jericho segment, for god's sake. Zack Ryder against Ryback, for god's sake, and then TOF vs PTP which lasted about a minute. Why don't they just abandon wrestling matches and have a concert of entrance music.

Peter Griffin
May 14th, 2013, 4:55 PM
Thats fine, you think its a horrible show, your entitled to your opinion, and to be honest i've not really seen you post in this thread before, but to be honest, this place has become a fucking parody of itself when it comes to moaning and bitching about Raw.
For me last nights Raw wasnt great, didn't really see the purpose in the Ryback/Ryder match, Orton/Cesaro should of gone longer, the Bella's/Kaitlyn arguing on commentary was purile BUT that doesn't mean it was a load of shit, 4/10, blah blah blah there was plenty of good stuff in there as well, but most people in here just focus on the negatives, seems like they hope for Raw to be 'shit' just so they can come and slag it with the other joyless cunts in here.

The Rogerer
May 14th, 2013, 4:58 PM
Make sure we get plenty of replays of the time Brock Lesnar broke open that jippy laptop that looked like a fake laptop from a B&Q bedroom display in 1998.

Edit: I'm watching the show as I post. This episode is dire. If you look back over the last few Raw threads, you will see that my votes for episodes are pretty high generally. I think I gave a 9/10 or a 10/10 a few weeks ago.

Beer-Belly
May 14th, 2013, 5:06 PM
Why the fuck is Swagger still around? He gets busted for drugs and then injures the infinitely more entertaining World Champion. What the fucking fuck?

Ringo
May 14th, 2013, 5:07 PM
I don't think this place has "become" like that at all. There were similar levels of bitching in like 2003-2006. And after that. Probably ever since. And I can't remember but I'm pretty sure there was still plenty of bitching in 2001 when everyone hated The Rock and stuff.

Anyway as everyone knows I've often been a big supporter of WWE when others were shitting all over the product. I think my list of problems with WWE currently is longer than it's ever been though. I tend to judge how good things are by how long it takes me after Mania to lose interest (I lost interest last year around Over The Limit time which is pretty early - especially after such a great Extreme Rules - but I'd put that down to having lots on in life). Usually it's right after Summerslam. Right now I'm not doing a lot but I'm already beginning to get more frustrated with things and becoming apathetic to others. I'm not sure if I'll be following the shows as closely a month from now if things continue like this. Will just stick with NXT.

turdpower
May 14th, 2013, 5:11 PM
Make sure we get plenty of replays of the time Brock Lesnar broke open that jippy laptop that looked like a fake laptop from a B&Q bedroom display in 1998.

Edit: I'm watching the show as I post. This episode is dire. If you look back over the last few Raw threads, you will see that my votes for episodes are pretty high generally. I think I gave a 9/10 or a 10/10 a few weeks ago.

You don't have to justify anything. I agree with most things you post in here.

He can't win the title because he's on his second strike, but he's too big a star and too popular with crowds to depush. He's in limbo.

Why can't he have a fixed feud then?

Cewsh
May 14th, 2013, 5:14 PM
He's in one right now with Big Show.

The Rogerer
May 14th, 2013, 5:14 PM
I will just edit anything further I have to say into this post as I watch it.

I'm not here to shit on Raw, I've really enjoyed a lot of the recent episodes. What I don't like is the three hour format along with just how bloated the show is. There is so much dead air on this episode, no momentum. The dance off which lasted 20 minutes and had no dancing. The awkward promo with Teddy Long and just going "Oh it's an I Quit match now", another lame WWE App vote, just after they pretty invasively told you to go and get the app. The Mark Henry segment taking about 10 or 15 minutes. It just feels like there's so much dead air.

The WWE app is an interesting thing actually, it feels a bit like a lot of modern 'app' businesses, where they don't really have a clear business direction of any idea as to how it improves the product, they just have to do it. Why tell someone to get the app (doesn't make them money) when they are watching Raw (making them money). It certainly has it's place, but there's really no need to force it on people, except to be seen to be modern.

They've just done it again, getting you to watch a Big Show interview live. I'm not completely daft and I realise what their goal is with this, but tone it down a bit and try to pretend that matches are worthwhile in some way.

The Law
May 14th, 2013, 5:16 PM
I love when people get mad because someone didn't enjoy the show. Particularly in the case of this show, when it seems like most people didn't enjoy it. I thought the first hour of the show was of no value at all, and that it got a bit better after that but overall was pretty dull.

Basically, people can enjoy the show, or not enjoy the show, and come here and complain about it if they want to. I don't think anyone has ever said a dumber thing than "if you don't like the show, don't watch." How someone else chooses to spend their time is none of anyone else's damn business. This episode was bad. Two weeks ago it was tremendous (in my opinion). You don't really know what you're going to get from week to week. And for me, I enjoy watching a poor episode of Raw more than I would enjoy watching a random NBA or NHL playoff game.

Ringo
May 14th, 2013, 5:25 PM
Neither the dance off or Henry/Sheamus segment felt like dead air to me. But you're absolutely right - there's so much of it right now. Problem is they get some momentum going with a good segment and then have to fill time but don't put in the effort (or as Court Bauer always says - the writers can't be expected to when there's like 5 hours of written TV to be produced every week) to fill it with something worthwhile. Fast forwarding is the only way to watch those sorts of shows.

Thing is though - I think it is perfectly possible to produce an entertaining wrestling show every week without top quality storylines or heated angles. You book strong, book simple, dig into the vaults of classic pro wrestling tricks and change things up a bit.

Bennedy
May 14th, 2013, 5:25 PM
I really wish they would use Orton in feuds against the likes of Rhodes and Sandow. Feuds with a big player like Orton would do wonders for their careers. It is just which main eventer/upper midcarder will Orton feud with next at the minute.

He did put over the Shield I suppose.

The Law
May 14th, 2013, 5:28 PM
One of these weeks I'm going to keep track of how the time on the show is divided-how much is spent on matches, how much on talking, how much on commercials, and how much on replays/previews/Twitter/Tout/WWE App. It just seems like Raw added a third hour and didn't add any more actual content to the show. I'm sure they did, it just doesn't feel like that.

Cewsh
May 14th, 2013, 5:29 PM
Thing is though - I think it is perfectly possible to produce an entertaining wrestling show every week without top quality storylines or heated angles. You book strong, book simple, dig into the vaults of classic pro wrestling tricks and change things up a bit.

Kind of hard to do, though, when your show doesn't even have a head writer. From March to May, there's nobody actually focusing the ideas into a coherent show, and imprinting themselves on it. And you can't run a show like this with free range ideas and filler. They need to fill that position.

Bennedy
May 14th, 2013, 5:31 PM
Raw doesn't have a head writer at the moment? Explains quite a few things.

They need to get that sorted. Fast.

MMH
May 14th, 2013, 5:32 PM
I wouldn't bother mate, iv'e said this so many times, its a waste of energy, just let the whinging old cunts get on with it.

Do you moan about Derby County when they dont do something you like?

Of course you do, I would say people "support" wrestling like they do football. If they dont like something they dont see it doesnt mean they hate wrestling and dont want to watch it anymore. It just means they want things to improve.

By the way telling people to not bother voicing their displeasure at aspects of wrestling on a wrestlin forum is so arse backwards. Yes people should stop posting, thats genius :yes: And yeah i realise it was KK who said that first but still...

As for Raw itself. Meh I didnt mind it but the Shield and Cesaro stuff were incredibly strange ways to deal with stuff.

Ringo
May 14th, 2013, 5:36 PM
Kind of hard to do, though, when your show doesn't even have a head writer. From March to May, there's nobody actually focusing the ideas into a coherent show, and imprinting themselves on it. And you can't run a show like this with free range ideas and filler. They need to fill that position.

Yep :yes: Forgot about that. Hopefully they sort that out soon.

Cewsh
May 14th, 2013, 5:41 PM
It's interesting that you can almost identify when the head writer was fired to the day, by the shows that have been produced. They were a bit sloppy before, but became entirely slapdash overnight. I think it's a major reason why so many people were ho hum by the time Mania showed up.

Bennedy
May 14th, 2013, 5:43 PM
MMH has hit the nail on the head there. I hate it when people say "if you don't like it, don't watch." No, I will continue to watch a product that I have enjoyed for several years, but will complain when I think things could be done a little bit better.

The football analogy MMH used is bang on the money.

Beer-Belly
May 14th, 2013, 5:56 PM
At some point, WWE should really consider capitalizing on Daniel Bryan being ridiculously over.

Cewsh
May 14th, 2013, 6:00 PM
They do. He's in like 5 segments on every show.

Hero!
May 14th, 2013, 6:01 PM
Why? They need to push Ryback and Cena over and over and over again

VHS
May 14th, 2013, 6:02 PM
A show's reception is reflected by its quality. Raw has been an utter lackluster experience for way too long and there needs to be a flicker or spark that rekindles its fire, but unfortunately there have been more than several chances in the past 2 years. Last night was a clear indication that WWE is wholeheartedly content with being stale and boring.

Hero!
May 14th, 2013, 6:03 PM
They do. He's in like 5 segments on every show.

Yes, but he's not in main events. Or even anything significant outside being a comedy act with Kane and being the fall guy in six-man tags with The Shield. Bryan was ridiculously over lat night and looked amazing taking on all three shield members , yet it's Cena who beat them 3-on-1.

Whyyyyyy????

Beer-Belly
May 14th, 2013, 6:07 PM
Why? They need to push Ryback and Cena over and over and over again
I figured a Bryan/Ziggler feud for the title would write itself, but they're dead set on pushing ADR and Swagger even though no one gives a shit.

Kimura Kid
May 14th, 2013, 6:28 PM
Seems like i'm the minority here......

How many of you Negative Nancy's enjoyed at least 1 aspect of Raw? How come you chose to just post about the shit you didn't like?

My post wasn't meant to be directed at the guys that look at the product objectively It was directed at the fucking guys that choose to complain about all the shit they didn't enjoy and NEVER focus on the shit they do enjoy. Or the fucking randoms that come out on Monday nights to shit all over Raw......Both are equally annoying.

"Let's be negative fucks on the internet" :yes: :naughty:

Cewsh
May 14th, 2013, 6:32 PM
Yes, but he's not in main events. Or even anything significant outside being a comedy act with Kane and being the fall guy in six-man tags with The Shield. Bryan was ridiculously over lat night and looked amazing taking on all three shield members , yet it's Cena who beat them 3-on-1.

Whyyyyyy????

Honestly, I think a big part of the reason that he's so over is exactly the role that he has. He pops up all the time, has a fun promo, wrestles a great match, and he never gets overexposed, and isn't forced to deal with any scrutiny from the audience.

It's not like you can just put him in main events tomorrow and expect the reactions to stay the same while the push changes.

Peter Griffin
May 14th, 2013, 6:45 PM
Do you moan about Derby County when they dont do something you like?

Of course you do, I would say people "support" wrestling like they do football. If they dont like something they dont see it doesnt mean they hate wrestling and dont want to watch it anymore. It just means they want things to improve.

By the way telling people to not bother voicing their displeasure at aspects of wrestling on a wrestlin forum is so arse backwards. Yes people should stop posting, thats genius :yes: And yeah i realise it was KK who said that first but still...

As for Raw itself. Meh I didnt mind it but the Shield and Cesaro stuff were incredibly strange ways to deal with stuff.

I don't want people to stop posting at all, and I realize there is some utter guff put out in Raw at times, but it honestly just seems every-time I come into a Raw thread its constant negativity all the time, unless a internet darling wins of course. 'Ziggler wins, good move WWE :yes:'

Andy
May 14th, 2013, 6:46 PM
Honestly, I think a big part of the reason that he's so over is exactly the role that he has. He pops up all the time, has a fun promo, wrestles a great match, and he never gets overexposed, and isn't forced to deal with any scrutiny from the audience.

It's not like you can just put him in main events tomorrow and expect the reactions to stay the same while the push changes.

Hmm, not sure about that. I really enjoyed his title run and the reactions he was getting for that were good too. Obviously nowhere near the reactions he's getting as a face now but in my book he's already proved he can work in the main event.

Beer-Belly
May 14th, 2013, 6:47 PM
That's why you give his character an arc. His solidification as a main eventer has incredible storyline potential. It's not like he'd have to abandon the eccentricities that got him over in the first place. Eddie got to the main event and maintained his "lovable cheater" persona. Honestly, I think Bryan has more long term potential as a main eventer than Eddie did.

Cewsh
May 14th, 2013, 6:49 PM
Hmm, not sure about that. I really enjoyed his title run and the reactions he was getting for that were good too. Obviously nowhere near the reactions he's getting as a face now but in my book he's already proved he can work in the main event.

I'm definitely not saying that he couldn't do it. I think he could. But sometimes guys in his spot are best when they stay in that spot. Guys like Jericho, Orton and Mysterio were set back years because they were hugely over upper midcarders that got pushed to the main event before the time was right and it didn't work out. It's not always about talent. Sometimes you just have to appreciate a guy like Bryan in the spot where he is, and let it happen organically.

Andy
May 14th, 2013, 6:51 PM
Also, regarding the moaning. My issue is this: we know that things can be so much better than they were last night. Last night wasn't great but it was nowhere near the worst. I remember the Raw Roulette episode being probably the worst I've ever seen.

But then in the same six week period we had a few great Raws, like I remember the CM Punk vs Cena episode being really good overall. Then there was the Raw after Mania. I feel like I have to say this all the time when people moan about me moaning but there's three hours to work with. Spend some time on building feuds and characters. I don't even have a problem with random 6 man tags thrown in here and there, they're often fun. But a three hour product needs more substance than that.

Cewsh
May 14th, 2013, 6:52 PM
That's why you give his character an arc. His solidification as a main eventer has incredible storyline potential. It's not like he'd have to abandon the eccentricities that got him over in the first place. Eddie got to the main event and maintained his "lovable cheater" persona. Honestly, I think Bryan has more long term potential as a main eventer than Eddie did.

I don't agree with that, but then, it took Eddie a full decade on the main roster of gigantic wrestling companies before he truly organically grew into a main eventer, and he's one of the greatest combinations of wrestling skill and charisma that has ever existed. For guys like Bryan, who don't automatically look like main eventers and don't have that easy inroad into main event credibility, it takes time. But if you're patient, and let the fans fall in love with him like they did Eddie and Benoit, you can have something enduring and special.

Peter Griffin
May 14th, 2013, 6:54 PM
Also, regarding the moaning. My issue is this: we know that things can be so much better than they were last night. Last night wasn't great but it was nowhere near the worst. I remember the Raw Roulette episode being probably the worst I've ever seen.

But then in the same six week period we had a few great Raws, like I remember the CM Punk vs Cena episode being really good overall. Then there was the Raw after Mania. I feel like I have to say this all the time when people moan about me moaning but there's three hours to work with. Spend some time on building feuds and characters. I don't even have a problem with random 6 man tags thrown in here and there, they're often fun. But a three hour product needs more substance than that.

See thats fine, as you expand on what your problems are with Raw in a reasonable way. But there are countless times I come in here and see 'shit raw 3/10' etc and thats it, whats the point in that?

Beer-Belly
May 14th, 2013, 6:59 PM
I don't agree with that, but then, it took Eddie a full decade on the main roster of gigantic wrestling companies before he truly organically grew into a main eventer, and he's one of the greatest combinations of wrestling skill and charisma that has ever existed. For guys like Bryan, who don't automatically look like main eventers and don't have that easy inroad into main event credibility, it takes time. But if you're patient, and let the fans fall in love with him like they did Eddie and Benoit, you can have something enduring and special.
The fans are already in love with him. All he needs to be solidified as a main eventer is a well booked character arc. He has the potential to be one of the best underdog champions of all time.

Bennedy
See thats fine, as you expand on what your problems are with Raw in a reasonable way. But there are countless times I come in here and see 'shit raw 3/10' etc and thats it, whats the point in that?

There is no point in that. And not to be rude or anything, but the posters who do post like that are hardly posters of any substance.

Andy
I'm definitely not saying that he couldn't do it. I think he could. But sometimes guys in his spot are best when they stay in that spot. Guys like Jericho, Orton and Mysterio were set back years because they were hugely over upper midcarders that got pushed to the main event before the time was right and it didn't work out. It's not always about talent. Sometimes you just have to appreciate a guy like Bryan in the spot where he is, and let it happen organically.

Oh I totally agree, I just think Bryan is ready now. His reactions are huge everywhere and from every type of fan. I think it has happened organically too, he's come out of some really good main event feuds and at the time it seemed like he was paired up with Kane because they were both at a loose end. But they've both made it work and pretty much everything Bryan has done has been gold. The biggest thing for me though is that he's teamed up with Taker, Kane and Cena and looked right at home. He's ready to be up there working with the best IMO.

Andy
May 14th, 2013, 7:00 PM

Agreed. :yes:

Stanford
May 14th, 2013, 7:36 PM
whats the point in that?

What are your feelings on "Great Raw 7/10"? Same level of anguish?

Peter Griffin
May 14th, 2013, 7:44 PM
Just as daft.

Hero!
May 14th, 2013, 7:57 PM

The difference is that those guys were true blue midcarders who spent years feuding with each other over belts like the US, IC, and Euro. Bryan was never really over in the midcard outside of the Miz feud and he gained his credibility and notoriety while holding the World title. He was a believable champ with a hell of a character and the fans loved him in that spot. The others you named, while great in the main event, shone bright in the midcard first. Bryan was a star in the Main Event first.

VHS
May 14th, 2013, 7:59 PM
My beef isn't that Raw was the worst episode ever last night, it's that Raw is averaging around such mediocre and lazy shlock that it's become the norm.

Peter Griffin
May 14th, 2013, 8:23 PM
Oh totally forgot, I dunno what that finisher AJ busted out was, but I thought it was sweet.

VHS
May 14th, 2013, 8:41 PM
Oh totally forgot, I dunno what that finisher AJ busted out was, but I thought it was sweet.

It's called The Octopus. :)

Peter Griffin
May 14th, 2013, 8:50 PM
Yeh, I feel like I've seen it somewhere before, but for the life of me I cant think where.

Brian M.
May 14th, 2013, 9:06 PM
The fans are already in love with him. All he needs to be solidified as a main eventer is a well booked character arc. He has the potential to be one of the best underdog champions of all time.

I agree that Bryan is about ready to bust out as a main eventer, but I don't like the idea of "underdog" champions when it comes to faces. Heels that get lucky and take every shortcut to stay champion work because the fans think they can lose the title at any time. You want your face champion to look vulnerable but not like an outright underdog. It didn't work well with Mysterio and I don't think it'd work with Bryan either. He's legitimate enough of a wrestler that fans could buy into him beating virtually anyone. Just keep his character as is for the most part and I think he'd be fine in the upper echelon.

mth
May 15th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Definitely a middle of the road RAW this week. Handful of stuff that was not particularly worthwhile. So glad I don't watch this live and read the results first so I can cut that out.

I thought the dance-off segment was fine and did a decent job adding more fuel to the feud. Was disappointed we didn't get to see Jericho and his partner do any dancing, though.

Ryder getting squashed by Ryback was fine but it would have been better if he'd demanded it be a LMS match and beat him with ease to promote the PPV match.

Nice to see PTP back in the tag mix, feel like they haven't been around for a bit.

Skipped Kofi/Sandow.

Henry/Sheamus segment was fine.

Skipped Orton/Cesaro. Rather deflated that Cesaro's little promo/win last week didn't follow up with some momentum here.

Skipped Slater/Miz.

Enjoyed the six-man elimination match. Wasn't overly bothered by the way it played out. Only one member of Shield was even pinned, they got themselves eliminated otherwise. When Cena took over at the finish, it was because he was one-on-one with Ambrose and their strength was always as a group. As soon as Cena had him in the STF, they took over and went on to lay him out and stood tall. Overall, they didn't look quite as strong as they have in the past but that's about the extent of my complaints.
Ryback attacking him after was good but again, I feel like he could/should have done more here, too. The heel turn feels like it needs to go further to really work better.

Langston vs. Swagger was alright. Langston no selling the Patriot Lock was kind of amusing. ADR running out after was one of those "there's no reason to be doing this other than to promote the match" things.

Divas match was ok, AJ's finisher was terrific. The commentary was amusing in a so bad it's good kind of way.

The Trips/Brock segment was a bit long-winded (most of the talking segments were on this show) but effective enough and the crowd was pretty into it.

Maybe 'middle of the road' was a bit generous. It was kind of weak, really. Regardless, though, I'm pretty stoked for the PPV and it did help get me feeling that way, so it's not a complete failure or anything.

Kev
May 15th, 2013, 1:06 AM
Ryback's whole turn has been rather tame hasn't it...

It'd be brilliant if he was this masterful heel who has built himself up to look like somewhat of a chicken, and even make himself look vulnerable to Cena... and yet come time for the PPV, he just completely annihilates him, luring Cena into over-confidence and ultimately winning decisively.

Basically, I want Ryback to be Batman.

OD50
May 15th, 2013, 2:49 AM
I think Orton needs to beat Cesaro a couple of more times clean on television, just so that we really get the point WWE is trying to make. :freak:

Speaking of which... Can anyone tell when that match where Cesaro beat Orton took place? Tried to find it but only ended up finding Orton defeating Cesaro ten times or so.

/And damn, old Goat Face is massively popular everywhere these days. :yes:

The Rogerer
May 15th, 2013, 6:26 AM
The episode heated up in the second half, but I think the opening was just soul draining, and one thing leads to another. You need something to get your excitement up. The Jericho/Fandango dance section lasted 20 minutes, there wasn't any proper dancing and the whole thing was for the purposes of a blind side attack. It should have taken ten minutes maximum. You follow that up with a couple of matches where the entrances last longer than the match, the directionless Teddy Long segment, and then by the time you get to the Mark Henry segment your patience is shot and you have to go for ten minutes of that. The lack of a head writer shows, as there's no flow to the program, and it seemed even the crowd didn't know what to make of a lot of it. The later matches are all well and good, but the chaos continued when you had 6 people commentating on a match all speaking at the same time.

Speaking of which, pushing the app is one thing, but the things they're pushing it for are strangely worthless. An Alberto Del Rio and Big Show interview, neither is novel or particularly interesting. The Ziggler footage probably is.

MMH
May 15th, 2013, 7:45 AM
Seems like i'm the minority here......

How many of you Negative Nancy's enjoyed at least 1 aspect of Raw? How come you chose to just post about the shit you didn't like?

My post wasn't meant to be directed at the guys that look at the product objectively It was directed at the fucking guys that choose to complain about all the shit they didn't enjoy and NEVER focus on the shit they do enjoy. Or the fucking randoms that come out on Monday nights to shit all over Raw......Both are equally annoying.

"Let's be negative fucks on the internet" :yes: :naughty:

People are allowed their own opinions! I have never understood viewpoints like this. Also its human nature for people to point out what they dont like as opposed to what they do.

OD50
May 15th, 2013, 9:11 AM
I usually try to keep my negativity to a minimum (otherwise there would be massive negative ramblings every week) and also point out the things I did enjoy. Sadly MNR is about 85/15 dislike/like most weeks though.

And how odd is it that a dude from Sweden like me has actually been in the BOK Center? Tulsa, Oklahoma of all places.

Kimura Kid
May 15th, 2013, 9:36 AM
People are allowed their own opinions! I have never understood viewpoints like this. Also its human nature for people to point out what they dont like as opposed to what they do.

Of Course people are allowed an opinion....No one is telling them not to. You prolly don't understand viewpoints like this because your a bit of a complainer yourself. (Just an assumption) And it's not human nature for people to complain all the time and never be grateful or positive. That's fuckin hilarious and almost confirms my assumption on you being a bit of a negative nancy & complainer yourself.

You don't understand how it's annoying to see people post comments like: "Raw Sucked" & "I shut this trash off an hour ago" & "I left the arena cuz it's a boring show" & "WWE Is terrible" & "I fell asleep" & "I can't watch anymore of this"

Some of us here actually want to talk about the show, discuss things. and contribute in a positive way. No one is saying you have to love the product but consistently complaining with irrelivant comments is just hindering the Forums.

That's why a lot of us discuss Raw in the Skype chat......We don't want to read through 150 post telling us how much they hate Raw & WWE.

I don't care who understands my viewpoint, It's a reality.

Jacknife
May 15th, 2013, 9:40 AM
Of Course people are allowed an opinion....No one is telling them not to. You prolly don't understand viewpoints like this because your a bit of a complainer yourself. (Just an assumption) And it's not human nature for people to complain all the time and never be grateful or positive. That's fuckin hilarious and almost confirms my assumption on you being a bit of a negative nancy & complainer yourself.

You don't understand how it's annoying to see people post comments like: "Raw Sucked" & "I shut this trash off an hour ago" & "I left the arena cuz it's a boring show" & "WWE Is terrible" & "I fell asleep" & "I can't watch anymore of this"

Some of us here actually want to talk about the show, discuss things. and contribute in a positive way. No one is saying you have to love the product but consistently complaining with irrelivant comments is just hindering the Forums.

That's why a lot of us discuss Raw in the Skype chat......We don't want to read through 150 post telling us how much they hate Raw & WWE.

Have you been out in the real world? All people do is complain.

MMH
May 15th, 2013, 9:42 AM

Eh? Im not negative at all. Infact the last time we had a debate about something you basically complained about Kaitlyn being shit and I disagreed and said she wasnt at all. So im obviously not negative am I?

Im not saying its human nature just to complain, im saying that people generally will voice an opinion of stuff they dont like other than stuff they dont mind. I reckon thats pretty much true and why businesses etc have a complaints department but not a praise department.

You don't understand how it's annoying to see people post comments like: "Raw Sucked" & "I shut this trash off an hour ago" & "I left the arena cuz it's a boring show" & "WWE Is terrible" & "I feel asleep" & "I can't watch anymore of this"

Fair enough but I dont really see the issue. People complaining doesnt stop you from liking something. Its not hindering the forum at all, saying stuff like dont post if you are going to be negative is more detrimental. Personally I would welcome positive, negative, middle of the road, intelligent or irrelevent comment. The more opinions the better.

Again thats your choice. You can choose not to read it, I would prefer it if you did and stoked up a debate on it (like whats happening now) but if everyone had the same opinion forums would be obselete.

Matthew
May 15th, 2013, 9:43 AM
complaining about complainers

the circle of life

The Rogerer
May 15th, 2013, 9:47 AM
Well done on completely shutting me up. I don't feel like discussing Raw any more. Stick it up your 'negative nancy' arse.

Kimura Kid
May 15th, 2013, 9:50 AM
Eh? Im not negative at all. Im not saying its human nature just to complain, im saying that people generally will voice an opinion of stuff they dont like other than stuff they dont mind. I reckon thats pretty much true and why businesses etc have a complaints department but not a praise department.

Touche

Fair enough but I dont really see the issue. People complaining doesnt stop you from liking something. Its not hindering the forum at all, saying stuff like dont post if you are going to be negative is more detrimental. Personally I would welcome positive, negative, middle of the road, intelligent or irrelevent comment. The more opinions the better.

A bunch of troll posts in the Raw Discussion thread isn't helping the forums, that's for sure. In fact It's forcing most of the people that enjoy discussing Raw to head to other venues outside the forums......

Again thats your choice. You can choose not to read it, I would prefer it if you did and stoked up a debate on it (like whats happening now) but if everyone had the same opinion forums would be obselete.

There is no debating with someone that comes on once a week to say that "Raw Sucks" Not worth my time or effort!

Kimura Kid
May 15th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Have you been out in the real world? All people do is complain.

I try to be a trailblazer!

Fuck being negative. I love my life and try my best to live it that way!! I try to focus on the positives in my life and not the negatives. Generally I bring that quality out in the people i'm around. I think it's pretty obvious I'm a positive guy. And there are plenty of others just like me. Just don't find them to often on the internet.

Jez
May 15th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Dude seriously it's a discussion forum, if people want to complain and be negative nancies that's their choice. It doesn't discourage forum activity but you derailing a discussion thread to complain about the complainers certainly does. How about if you don't like the way people post in this thread you stop posting?! Or better yet just put them on ignore if it annoys you so much?

Cewsh
May 15th, 2013, 10:12 AM
In fairness, this thread does get full of a lot of lazy criticism along the lines of "Ryback sucks" "This show blows" and "lol stupid" that doesn't add much of anything. I don't agree with applying the "complainer" label to everyone that doesn't enjoy everything, but these show threads are often hard to read during the show itself.

Ringo
May 15th, 2013, 10:12 AM
The Raw thread is dreadful during the show and always has been. In the past different things have been attempted to change that but ultimately it's quite easy to just accept it and either ignore it (ie. don't read it - which I used to do) or join in and call people stupid (see: Matthew & Morrison). After the show it's generally a different story as discussion can actually take place. It's not always overwhelmingly negative. But recently obviously a lot of stuff hasn't been very popular.

The Law
May 15th, 2013, 10:19 AM
If people get upset over reading criticism of Raw, should they take their own advice and not read it? Or should they take the other half of their own advice and find a way to enjoy reading the criticism of Raw? Or should they just chill out, acknowledge that people have their own opinions, and move on?

Kimura Kid
May 15th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Dude seriously it's a discussion forum, if people want to complain and be negative nancies that's their choice. It doesn't discourage forum activity but you derailing a discussion thread to complain about the complainers certainly does. How about if you don't like the way people post in this thread you stop posting?! Or better yet just put them on ignore if it annoys you so much?

If people get upset over reading criticism of Raw, should they take their own advice and not read it? Or should they take the other half of their own advice and find a way to enjoy reading the criticism of Raw? Or should they just chill out, acknowledge that people have their own opinions, and move on?

http://rgifs.gifbin.com/042012/1334168255_kid_on_barney_and_friends_simulates_bru shing_teeth.gif

Matthew
May 15th, 2013, 10:22 AM
very mature way to handle things

Matthew
May 15th, 2013, 10:22 AM
The Raw thread is dreadful during the show and always has been. In the past different things have been attempted to change that but ultimately it's quite easy to just accept it and either ignore it (ie. don't read it - which I used to do) or join in and call people stupid (see: Matthew & Morrison). After the show it's generally a different story as discussion can actually take place. It's not always overwhelmingly negative. But recently obviously a lot of stuff hasn't been very popular.
this guy knows what is up

Jez
May 15th, 2013, 10:23 AM
I don't see how that was called for Kimura Kid, what did I say there that was disagreeable?

Kimura Kid
May 15th, 2013, 10:25 AM
very mature way to handle things

I don't see how that was called for Kimura Kid,

Matthew
May 15th, 2013, 10:29 AM
there you go hurting any good reputation you were getting here. nice work posting like a complete tool :yes:

Jez
May 15th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Someone has pointed out a flaw in my arguments, I better post a few gifs quickly so that no-one notices

The Rogerer
May 15th, 2013, 10:34 AM
I was going to post that stupid gif that he did at the start when I read that final post first, but I see he already did it for me. What a wonderfully positive person. Everything's great!

Kimura Kid
May 15th, 2013, 10:43 AM
there you go hurting any good reputation you were getting here. nice work posting like a complete tool :yes:

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/159/172/tumblr_lo1qh68nVL1qzgmxb.gif

I'm not gonna sit here and argue about why it's ok for people to come in and post random stuff like "Raw Sucks" because that's not my argument......I'm saying it's annoying and forcing people who want to discuss and contribute to the discussion in a mature manner to go other places to do so.

But please continue to not understand my argument.........

MMH
May 15th, 2013, 10:46 AM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/159/172/tumblr_lo1qh68nVL1qzgmxb.gif

I'm not gonna sit here and argue about why it's ok for people to come in and post random stuff like "Raw Sucks" because that's not my argument......I'm saying it's annoying and forcing people who want to discuss and contribute to the discussion in a mature manner to go other places to do so.

Its understood, I just dont think its as big of an issue as you make out. Posting pictures wont really help anything though.

I suppose in future just take it to a mod or post about it in site feedback?

Matthew
May 15th, 2013, 10:46 AM
alright.... show me where i disagreed or said anything against your argument.

wait, you can't? i was just mentioning how immaturely and stupid you handled the situation.

but please continue to not understand a damn thing and show the same sense of humor as a 13 year old who just found out about the internet

Kimura Kid
May 15th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Its understood, I just dont think its as big of an issue as you make out. Posting pictures wont really help anything though.

I suppose in future just take it to a mod or post about it in site feedback?

Why is everyone assuming I'm making a big deal about it? Because I spoke up about it.....HOLD THE PHONE, HE'S MAKING A HUGE DEAL ABOUT COMPLAINING!!

alright.... show me where i disagreed or said anything against your argument.

wait, you can't? i was just mentioning how immaturely and stupid you handled the situation.

but please continue to not understand a damn thing.

How about you show me where I said you were disagreeing or arguing with me?? Dafuq are you talking about buddy?? I was simply explaing why I chose to handle the situation the way I did. You're a hot mess.

Essentially you got involved to complain about me complaining about the complaing during Raw........Correct?? :eyebrow:

Jacknife
May 15th, 2013, 10:54 AM
We just need one big group hug.

Matthew
May 15th, 2013, 10:55 AM
How about you show me where I said you were disagreeing or arguing with me?? Dafuq are you talking about buddy?? I was simply explaing why I chose to handle the situation the way I did. You're a hot mess. you quoted my post and said....

which means you are claiming that i disagree or do not understand your argument. are you denying you said this? it's still there......

Essentially you got involved to complain about me complaining about the complaing during Raw........Correct?? :eyebrow:where have i complained? you seem to have a reading problem here.

Kimura Kid
May 15th, 2013, 11:00 AM
you quoted my post and said....

which means you are claiming that i disagree or do not understand your argument. are you denying you said this? it's still there......

Nope, It wasn't directed at you. The picture that I posted was directed at your quote. Everything else was directed at everyone else who was chosing to argue with me.

where have i complained? you seem to have a reading problem here.

No....No I don't. Look below.....

complaining about complainers

the circle of life

This is a complaint about a complaint about complaining. You as always are adding zero substance to the discussion. Your simply here to argue like always. And not doing a very good job at it either.

You see why I resorted to pictures? Cuz this is like beating a dead horse.....

http://media.tumblr.com/fe04e7c18e405b366422c6ff85558afa/tumblr_inline_ml3l6ub3Z11qz4rgp.jpg

Cewsh
May 15th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Kimura is right, it is annoying. MMH and others are right, there's nothing we can do about it.

That's it. That's the whole discussion.

Jez
May 15th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Posting nine times in this thread to state the same opinion is kind of making a big deal about it don't you think? And the tone of your posts certainly seems to be of exasperation and frustration which is an extreme reaction to negativity towards a wrestling show on a wrestling discussion forum.

Just accept the fact that people are going to post a certain way and you can either put up with it and continue to discuss the show and how brilliant it all is or you can continue to put a hold on discussion so that you can argue some more and post some pictures you found on tumblr.

Cewsh
May 15th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Just accept the fact that people are going to post a certain way and you can either put up with it and continue to discuss the show or you can continue to put a hold on discussion.

For the record, that goes for people on both sides of this argument.

Matthew
May 15th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Nope, No it wasn't the picture that I posted was directed at your quote. Everything else was directed at everyone else who was chosing to argue with me. then you have a bad way of working your posts...

This is a complaint about a complaint about complaining. You as always are adding zero substance to the discussion. Your simply here to argue like always. And not doing a very good job at it either. actually, it was just a comment pointing out something funny. but, again, you read to far into everything and take everything as an attack on you. some sort of napoleon complex or something. get over yourself

Kimura is right, it is annoying. MMH and others are right, there's nothing we can do about it.

That's it. That's the whole discussion.so what do we do at that point? lets post some horrible gifs! perfect.

Kimura Kid
May 15th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Just accept the fact that people are going to post a certain way and you can either put up with it and continue to discuss the show and how brilliant it all is or you can continue to put a hold on discussion so that you can argue some more and post some pictures you found on tumblr.

So in the same token why is everyone up in arms about me complaining about it? Isn't it like complaing about Raw? You all should just learn to deal with it or chose to ignore it......Right? But that's not happening is it?

Jez
May 15th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Point taken I'll stop arguing now, let's all just learn to get along guys :heart:

Matthew
May 15th, 2013, 11:08 AM
So in the same token why is everyone up in arms about me complaining about it?
you aren't 'making a big deal about it' but everyone else is 'up in arms'. hilarious

Matthew
May 15th, 2013, 11:08 AM
raw was great. loved it like always

The Rogerer
May 15th, 2013, 11:27 AM
This has been a pretty negative experience for me, I'm not even joking. Enjoy your skype chats.

Matthew
May 15th, 2013, 11:29 AM
shiny happy people

Slare
May 15th, 2013, 11:39 AM
This page has been utter brain damage.

Raw was Rubbish. I'm not saying it is always rubbish, im not complaining, I'm not bitching, I'm not being nice for the sake of being nice about it, it was just a fairly rubbish episode of WWF MONDAY NIGHT RAW IS WAR that I didn't enjoy as much as other episodes of WWF MONDAY NIGHT RAW IS WAR and I hope I will enjoy next week's episode more.

Kimura Kid
May 15th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Yeah I'll be back to discuss MONDAY NIGHT RAW IS WAR next week......I'm done here this week.

I'm about to go in to the Entertainment forums and post about all the shit I don't like in there.......:idea:

Matthew
May 15th, 2013, 11:46 AM
This page has been utter brain damage.

Raw was Rubbish. I'm not saying it is always rubbish, im not complaining, I'm not bitching, I'm not being nice for the sake of being nice about it, it was just a fairly rubbish episode of WWF MONDAY NIGHT RAW IS WAR that I didn't enjoy as much as other episodes of WWF MONDAY NIGHT RAW IS WAR and I hope I will enjoy next week's episode more.how dare you

Matthew
May 15th, 2013, 12:04 PM
big e needs to talk more

dude is a star

paul heyman always takes some good bumps

Kimura Kid
May 15th, 2013, 12:12 PM
big e needs to talk more

dude is a star

paul heyman always takes some good bumps

Agreed, I follow him on twitter and he is by far the funniest guy I am following....Next to Joe Rogan. He is equally as charasmatic on NXT. Cannot wait for him to get the big push!!

Matthew
May 15th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Yeah I'll be back to discuss MONDAY NIGHT RAW IS WAR next week......I'm done here this week.
now a liar too :)
-----------------------

anyway. thinking brodus will turn heel in the coming months. hopefully gettin tensai out of this rut and giving him a decent feud.

Kimura Kid
May 15th, 2013, 12:18 PM
now a liar too :)
-----------------------

I'm a sucker for Big E......I think he's Golden!

Andy
May 15th, 2013, 2:25 PM
Yeah I'm excited to see how Big E does in the next year/18 months. He's already got his cool and unique entrance thing and I don't hate his finisher like a lot of people do, though I do think he could come up with something more impressive given his power. Shame his music is so shit but he seems like a top prospect. :yes:

Cewsh
May 15th, 2013, 2:28 PM
I think Big E is the best prospect to come into WWE since Lesnar. Not even remotely joking.

Hero!
May 15th, 2013, 2:46 PM
I'm not one to usually complain about RAW, I tend to really enjoy it. Whenever I fall asleep early, I always look up what I missed before I leave for work at 6am. I'm one of like 6 people who watch Smackdown and probz the only one who watches Main Event.

When I'm complaining that RAW was boring, I'm not complaining just to complain. It means that RAW was really, terribly boring.

mth
May 15th, 2013, 3:11 PM
I must be one of the few that dig's both Big's E theme song as well as his finisher.

Cewsh
May 15th, 2013, 3:16 PM
If ever there was a time to reuse a theme, this is it. Big E is everything that they badly wanted Ezekiel Jackson to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sby3CXsNH2Q

mth
May 15th, 2013, 3:19 PM
They'd have to sack him first. Easy way to do it: bring him back to TV to job to Big E with the theme music on the line.

Andy
May 15th, 2013, 3:31 PM
One thing we HAVE to see when Big E starts feuding with someone is a match having a 5 count pinfall stipulation.

OD50
May 15th, 2013, 3:33 PM
Five..

FIVE!!

FIVE!!

:lol: Big E is gold on NXT.

Matthew
May 15th, 2013, 3:34 PM
If ever there was a time to reuse a theme, this is it. Big E is everything that they badly wanted Ezekiel Jackson to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sby3CXsNH2Qyou have never been more right than this post

seriously

but i still like big e's current music

OD50
May 15th, 2013, 3:39 PM
I like his NXT theme, ''I'm a soldier, yeah I told ya.."

Andy
May 15th, 2013, 4:05 PM
I don't like his NXT or WWE theme to be honest.

I've been youtubeing some themes to see if I can find anything that fits. Not come up with anything but I have found some awesome themes I'd forgotten about. Tazz, Ken Shamrock, Batista, nWo, Ministry Taker, APA...loads of em.

Fuck it give him the nWo Wolfpac theme. It doesn't make sense but man that was a cool theme.

VHS
May 15th, 2013, 4:30 PM
Personally, I always thought this would have been an epic theme for Langston. Would go well with the dust-clap thing that he does and it would be something fans would explode over if he ever becomes a top player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEH_LSL4rVw

Kimura Kid
May 15th, 2013, 5:35 PM
Yeah I'm excited to see how Big E does in the next year/18 months. He's already got his cool and unique entrance thing and I don't hate his finisher like a lot of people do, though I do think he could come up with something more impressive given his power. Shame his music is so shit but he seems like a top prospect. :yes:

I agree 100% with everything you said in this post. I would have said the same thing.

I think Big E is the best prospect to come into WWE since Lesnar. Not even remotely joking.

That's good to hear. I think highly of your opinion and hope we are both right about Big E.

I'm not one to usually complain about RAW, I tend to really enjoy it. Whenever I fall asleep early, I always look up what I missed before I leave for work at 6am. I'm one of like 6 people who watch Smackdown and probz the only one who watches Main Event.

When I'm complaining that RAW was boring, I'm not complaining just to complain. It means that RAW was really, terribly boring.

lol I actually watch Main Event too but I'm still coming back around to things. You are prolly one of the most dedicated wwe fans here......and that's exactly why you should join Skype, I need someone to converse with during Smackdown and Main Event!! lol

I must be one of the few that dig's both Big's E theme song as well as his finisher.

I think you are....lol. His new theme seems bland and boring to me. Maybe I'm just used to his NXT Theme.

I like his NXT theme, ''I'm a soldier, yeah I told ya.."

:cheers:

Andy
May 15th, 2013, 5:40 PM
I usually watch SD and I tend to enjoy it. It usually takes about 40 minutes to get through it when you fast forward the ads, trailers, touts, from the vaults and recaps. Means it's either short and sweet or not a complete waste of time if it's shit. :yes:

Hero!
May 15th, 2013, 7:00 PM
...and that's exactly why you should join Skype, I need someone to converse with during Smackdown and main event

Not till I get a new laptop, amigo. I wanna join the chats again, but I'm not sitting at my desktop in the other room just to talk to you niggz

Kimura Kid
May 15th, 2013, 7:07 PM
No doubt. I understand completely.

JT4104
May 15th, 2013, 7:16 PM
I like Big E's current theme and while I don't dislike his finisher, for a man his size it seems like he should have something a little more impactful. Also, I'm begging him can we add about I dunno 3 inches to his singlet.

The Law
May 15th, 2013, 7:26 PM
The way that singlet clings to him borders on passive aggressive. We all feel so inadequate.

Also, if this were the Attitude Era, AJ would absolutely cheat on Dolph with Big E and they'd make a crude "once you go black, you never go back" reference. I can't lie, I would probably enjoy that storyline almost as much as the transvestite blowjob on Mark Henry.

Andy
May 15th, 2013, 8:15 PM
That really wouldn't be a believable storyline. Big E would literally break her in half.

MMH
May 16th, 2013, 3:22 AM

Better than Cena?

I have to admit he has surprised me somewhat. I didnt see anything in him at all at first other than a body. Oddly enough i still dont see it when he is on NXT but on the full time roster he has been good.

He really needs a new style of singlet though as mentioned. Something is gonna pop out of there one day.

Judas Iscariot
May 16th, 2013, 3:27 AM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me4tq8lNWr1qdr6nio1_250.gif

Judas Iscariot
May 16th, 2013, 3:37 AM
I do think Big E could be a massive face and I think he will be, for what it's worth. I think he's another example of a HHH project as opposed to a Vince (Ryback) project.

He's big, strong, has charisma and can work a crowd. When he winds up turning face I think he's gonna be huge.

OD50
May 16th, 2013, 5:01 AM
For sure, the NXT crowd goes nuts for him. Have him squash some cockhead like Heath Slater and pull the 5-count on him.

/And I have no love for his finisher but I adore that running Vader style body tackle of his. Still thinks he needs to grow a beard, way too much Carlton Banks right now.