PDA

View Full Version : Music Festivals

Cameron
May 10th, 2013, 5:40 PM
I'm going to Bonnaroo for the second time this summer and I'm pretty excited about it. My first experience with the festival was last year. I went in hesitant, but it ended up being one of the best times of my life. Even if you're not a huge live music fan, spending time with your friends, camping, and being stupid for an extended weekend in the summer is reason enough sometimes.

Bonnaroo can be a bit pricey, but I usually view the lineup worth it. $300 for 4 days/nights of music isn't too shabby. Obviously it depends on what kind of music you like... so if you're not a fan of mainstream or indie music, most of the bigger festivals wouldn't be for you.

For those that have been to music festivals, what are your favorites, who would you like to see headline, what ones should you stay away from, etc?

Beer-Belly
May 10th, 2013, 5:53 PM
I've been to quite a few music festivals. They can be a blast, but they can also be exhausting. At this point, I just prefer seeing bands on their own. It's much less of a hassle.

I can't imagine going to another camp out festival unless I had an RV. The heat at Bonnaroo and the like can be fucking stifling.

G-Fresh
May 10th, 2013, 6:21 PM
I've been to the 4th, 7th, & 8th Gathering of the Juggalos.

I can't imagine going to another camp out festival unless I had an RV. The heat at Bonnaroo and the like can be fucking stifling.

That ain't no shit. Dealing with 100-110 degree heat for 4 days is intense. Add in the drugs, people throwing stuff, and other random shit that goes on and it can be dangerous. I don't think I'll go to any more until I got an RV.