PDA

View Full Version : Ziggler Injured

StoneColdChris
May 8th, 2013, 7:11 PM
WWE.com is reporting that the World Champ Dolph Ziggler has suffered a concussion following last nights Smackdown taping.

G-Fresh
May 8th, 2013, 7:24 PM
I ain't gonna read the spoilers, but that sucks.

More reason to put the WHC on Swagger. He could be the new peoples champ.

One Man Gang
May 8th, 2013, 7:34 PM
I am surprised this hasn't happened at least 10 times before now given the way he bumps.

VHS
May 8th, 2013, 8:07 PM
This is scary news, I hope he's ok. Guy needs to take it easy AMAP.

JRSlim21
May 8th, 2013, 8:14 PM
I am surprised this hasn't happened at least 10 times before now given the way he bumps.

This. Ziggler's a bump machine. It was only a matter of time. I'm just glad that it's only a concussion in comparison to some of the drops he takes.

Atty
May 9th, 2013, 9:24 AM
Aye. Don't think this will change any plans for his reign. Jericho got a concussion in his match with Rock at Vengeance 2002. They still had him win and then beat Austin in the next match and keep the belts for four months. It's one of the reasons you can see Austin talking to Chris throughout their match, as he was getting loopy.

MikeHunt
May 9th, 2013, 10:09 AM
I think they might have a bit of a different stance in 2013 after the medical studies have shown how dangerous being concussed is. I highly doubt they will flip the title but may change the match to swagger vs del rio in a no 1 contenders ladders match.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
May 9th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Or have Ziggler get splattered early on (in a safe, non-concussion way) and then Del Rio and Swagger can fight it out, with obvious interference from their managers. Ziggler can be stretchered out, taken away by EMTs with AJ and Big E - but E wants to stay, though leaves. Later on as Del Rio is about to grab the belt (after pushing Swags off the ladder down through the announce desk or something), out comes Big E who railroads RR and pushes the ladder over, then finishes Del Rio. Whilst he does this, Ziggler is pushed back down the ramp on the stretcher by a crazed AJ, Big E hoists him onto his shoulders, carries him up the ladder with him on his back, makes him grab the title, then carries him out again. :panic:

Can plant a whole angle with Ziggler not crediting Big E at all, pushing him aside and ignoring the fact he would have lost.

MikeHunt
May 9th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Lovely stuff. Sounds brilliant.

Andy
May 9th, 2013, 2:03 PM
Isn't Extreme Rules two weeks away? He should be ok unless he got a really terrible concussion. And yeah since it was announced as a ladder match the only ending I have in mind is Big E pushing Ziggler up the ladder a la Rhyno at Mania17.

The Law
May 9th, 2013, 3:07 PM
Totally depends on the severity of the concussion. With a mild concussion, you can be cleared in a week or so. More serious ones can put you out for weeks, months, or end your career. If it's just a run of the mill concussion I would say he's probably 50/50 to be able to compete at Extreme Rules. Remember that they had to pull Del Rio from a match with Sheamus at No Way Out last year. According to Wiki, he suffered the concussion on June 5th (show aired June 8th) and the show was June 17th, so that's exactly the same timeline as here.

I think it would be hilarious if he did a Shawn Michaels "Lost my smile" type speech, saying he can't compete in the match. Then he's at ringside during the match doing commentary. Towards the end of the match Del Rio and Swagger are fighting on top of the ladder, and Ziggler runs into the ring, pushes the ladder over, and then climbs it, pulls down the belt, and retains the title.

VHS
May 9th, 2013, 4:05 PM
As much as I want Ziggler to keep his mits on the title, I still want him to get the rest he deserves after being WWE's crash test dummy for the past few years. If there's and hair-like chance of his health at stake, put the belt back on Alberto. Ziggler's got long term potential, and I don't want to see something like this cut anything short. :(

Badger
May 9th, 2013, 4:15 PM
Or have Ziggler get splattered early on (in a safe, non-concussion way) and then Del Rio and Swagger can fight it out, with obvious interference from their managers. Ziggler can be stretchered out, taken away by EMTs with AJ and Big E - but E wants to stay, though leaves. Later on as Del Rio is about to grab the belt (after pushing Swags off the ladder down through the announce desk or something), out comes Big E who railroads RR and pushes the ladder over, then finishes Del Rio. Whilst he does this, Ziggler is pushed back down the ramp on the stretcher by a crazed AJ, Big E hoists him onto his shoulders, carries him up the ladder with him on his back, makes him grab the title, then carries him out again. :panic:

Can plant a whole angle with Ziggler not crediting Big E at all, pushing him aside and ignoring the fact he would have lost.

That is awesome! This needs to happen.

G-Fresh
May 9th, 2013, 4:26 PM

That would be pretty fuckin fresh. I doubt it would happen though.

VHS
May 9th, 2013, 4:32 PM
Absolutely would. Having Big E branch off on his own and cementing himself first in the midcard scene would help him and everybody else out tremendously.

G-Fresh
May 9th, 2013, 4:37 PM
It wouldn't do much good for Ziggler as champ. At least not for the newer fans. I actually dig oldschool heels that never win clean. That's why I don't hate on Jericho's reign as undisputed champ like most people do.