PDA

View Full Version : NJPW Dominion 2013

Defrost
May 7th, 2013, 7:49 PM
NJPW “DOMINION 6.22″, 6/22/13 (WPW)
Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium

1. Tetsuya Naito Return Match: Tetsuya Naito vs. Yujiro Takahashi
2. Special Singles Match: Hirooki Goto vs. Katsuyori Shibata
3. IWGP Tag Team Title – 3WAY Match: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima (c) vs. Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka vs. Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.
4. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Togi Makabe

Ringo
May 8th, 2013, 1:32 AM
I guess we shouldn't be surprised that Naito's return match will be against Yujiro. Part 358 of their never ending feud. But it's great to see him back nonetheless.

Really looking forward to Goto/Shibata II.

Taking Muscle Orchestra out of the tag title match, who are essentially a likeable comedy team, is for the best. Each of these three teams hold a set of belts so that makes it quite interesting.

I'm not the biggest Makabe fan and his midcard matches can be quite tedious but he's generally super motivated in main event matches.

Defrost
June 10th, 2013, 4:34 AM
NJPW "DOMINION 6.22", 22.06.2013 (WPW/iPPV)
Osaka BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM

0. Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask vs. TAKA Michinoku & Taichi
1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov (c) vs. Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA
2. Yuji Nagata, Ryusuke Taguchi & Captain New Japan vs. Karl Anderson, Tama Tonga & Bad Luck Fale
3. IWGP Tag Team Title, 3 Way Match: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima (c) vs. Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs. Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka
4. NWA World Heavyweight Title: Rob Conway (c) vs. Manabu Nakanishi
5. Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii vs. Minoru Suzuki & Shelton Benjamin
6. Tetsuya Naito Return Match: Tetsuya Naito vs. Yujiro Takahashi
7. Special Singles Match: Hirooki Goto vs. Katsuyori Shibata
8. Special Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Prince Devitt
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Togi Makabe

Ringo
June 10th, 2013, 4:51 AM
Conway/Nakanishi could be hard to watch. Highly anticipating Naito's return and the top 3 matches though.

Panther52
June 10th, 2013, 3:31 PM
I know it's another month or two away, but i'm kinda happily suprised not to see Sakuraba's name on the match list. Looks like NJPW is actually going to let him heal properly. That's been rare for him.

Cewsh
June 10th, 2013, 3:45 PM
This is not meant as an insult, but I don't think anyone on this forum likes anyone as much as you like Sakuraba.

takerson
June 10th, 2013, 4:41 PM
That is a badd ass card. Can't wait for this show.

DDT
June 10th, 2013, 9:54 PM
This is not meant as an insult, but I don't think anyone on this forum likes anyone as much as you like Sakuraba.

Hey, nothing wrong with loving Sakuraba!

Panther52
June 11th, 2013, 1:57 PM

yeah you're probably right. . Been a fan of his since the UWFi, through the his MMA career and back into pro wrestling. To this day I've never seen an athlete with more heart and humility. That speaks volumes to me like nothing else. I can't follow someone that long and seen the things he's done, specially the way he did them and not care.

Defrost
June 22nd, 2013, 8:26 AM
NJPW “DOMINION 6.22″, 6/22/13 (WPW/PPV/iPPV)
Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium
7,240 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House

0. TAKA Michinoku Kaientai Dojo & Taichi beat Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask (7:09) when Taichi used a Taichi-style Gedo clutch on Tiger.
1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov (c) beat KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley (13:09) when Romero pinned KUSHIDA after the Contract Killer (1st defense).
2. Karl Anderson, Tama Tonga & Bad Luck Fale beat Yuji Nagata, Ryusuke Taguchi & Captain New Japan (8:19) when Fale used the Grenade on Captain.
3. IWGP Tag Team Title – 3WAY Match: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima (c) beat Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka and Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. (11:50) when Kojima used a lariat on Archer (1st defense).
4. NWA World Heavyweight Title: Rob Conway NWA (c) beat Manabu Nakanishi (8:32) with the Ego Trip.
5. Minoru Suzuki & Shelton Benjamin beat Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii (12:36) when Benjamin used the Paydirt on Nakamura.
6. Tetsuya Naito Return Match: Tetsuya Naito beat Yujiro Takahashi (15:01) with a Stardust press.
7. Special Singles Match: Katsuyori Shibata beat Hirooki Goto (13:16) with a PK.
8. Prince Devitt beat Hiroshi Tanahashi (15:33) with the Bloody Sunday.
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) beat Togi Makabe (25:04) with the Rainmaker (2nd defense).

Prince Devitt is #1 Contender to Okada. Okada said that to get his shot he has to defend the Jr Title against Gedo

Defrost
June 22nd, 2013, 8:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/XI5QM1R.png

Hero!
June 22nd, 2013, 12:01 PM
Devitt is a fucking GOD. You reckon he'll drop the JR title to Gedo or he'll retain and hold both belts? Has anyone ever done that?

Wtf is Conway doing there with NWA title?

Defrost
June 22nd, 2013, 12:05 PM
I'm not sure what they are planning to do with the Jr title to be honest. It is obvious Devitt is going Heavyweight and having him lose now makes no sense but they have to get it off him somehow.

The only person who has ever been IWGP Jr Champion and IWGP Heavyweight Champion is Nobuhiko Takada and he did that many years apart from each other.

As for why New Japan is bringing in Conway basically Lance Archer and Harry Smith are in tight with the NWA and made a deal to do it.

Cewsh
June 22nd, 2013, 12:16 PM
Devitt aint winnin' the title, yo.

Defrost
June 22nd, 2013, 12:17 PM
buzzkill

Ringo
June 22nd, 2013, 12:32 PM
"when Benjamin used the Paydirt on Nakamura."

"when Benjamin used the Paydirt on Nakamura.

Ringo
June 22nd, 2013, 12:33 PM
fuck fucking off how DARE YOU.

Ringo
June 22nd, 2013, 12:35 PM
Ok I've calmed down a bit.

Devitt :yes: But Okada has this in the bag.

Conway/Nakanishi only lasting 8 minutes :yes:

Request for some new junior tag teams plz.

Panther52
June 22nd, 2013, 8:10 PM
I'm not sure what they are planning to do with the Jr title to be honest. It is obvious Devitt is going Heavyweight and having him lose now makes no sense but they have to get it off him somehow.

reckon they could find a way to strip him of the title. maybe a "he hasn't defended it in forever" kinda deal.

Beer-Belly
June 23rd, 2013, 4:32 AM
Is Okada a babyface now?

EDIT: I'm guessing not. I don't really keep up this stuff.

Defrost
June 23rd, 2013, 4:59 AM
He's not really a heel. No one in Chaos other than Yano and Iizuka are heels really. Suzuki-gun and Bullet Clubs are the heels

Beer-Belly
June 23rd, 2013, 5:13 AM
Shit, I don't know what most of that means.

Cewsh
June 23rd, 2013, 9:31 AM
Tweener. Acts like a dick, beloved by the fans.

Defrost
June 23rd, 2013, 9:56 AM

"when Benjamin used the Paydirt on Nakamura.

On the bright side it was an awesome match

Hero!
June 23rd, 2013, 2:43 PM
You got a DL for Devitt/Tanahashi?