PDA

View Full Version : WWE Raw - May 6th 2013 - (RAW is a spoiler until Wednesday morning)

Kimura Kid
May 6th, 2013, 3:49 PM
OMG EDIT: Remember, keep RAW discussion in this thread until Wednesday for now.

http://pakupakumedia.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/RAW-LOGO.png

–Will John Cena stop putting himself in harm’s way, or will he keep playing by Ryback’s rules before Extreme Rules?

–The Shield now hold the tag belts hostage after taking out Daniel Bryan and Kane last week. Will any of the authority figures dare to step in to get the tag straps back, or will Team Hell No simply fight fire with fire and brimstone?

–Antonio Cesaro will continue his angry domination of people placed in front of him. He wants his title back, And will stop at nothing to regain it!!

–WWE.com started asking, “Where is CM Punk?” Will they begin to speculate this on the air this week and build to Punk’s Return?

–Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger and Alberto Del Rio will all be on Raw. Thier Triple Threat match is now a ladder match, will someone show signs of weakness? Will the feud continue to escalate?

–Kaitlyn has a secret admirer. Is it someone from the E! Network?

–Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman were involved in an incident at WWE's headquarters in Stamford, Conn., earlier today. Damage occurred in Triple H’s office and that he will share footage of the incident on Raw

All that and more on Raw … tonight!

OMG EDIT: Remember, keep RAW discussion in this thread until Wednesday for now.

Hero!
May 6th, 2013, 7:43 PM
ALMOST RAW TIME

Kimura Kid
May 6th, 2013, 7:45 PM
I'm Pumped!!

Andy
May 6th, 2013, 8:07 PM
Oh my god, Daniel Bryan is mega over - what shall we do?!

I know, let Cena use his catchphrase!!!

Christ.

One Man Gang
May 6th, 2013, 8:10 PM
Oh my god, Daniel Bryan is mega over - what shall we do?!

I know, let Cena use his catchphrase!!!

Christ.

Well they don't have the Stitch this week for Cena to feed off of.

_me
May 6th, 2013, 8:11 PM
why the spoilers until Wednesday?

Andy
May 6th, 2013, 8:12 PM
Woohoo goofy Cena/super Cena power combo only 5 minutes into Raw!

One Man Gang
May 6th, 2013, 8:13 PM
why the spoilers until Wednesday?

Because it won't air in other big markets until Tuesday night. Lots of people sleeping right now.

Peter Griffin
May 6th, 2013, 8:13 PM
Woooohoooooooooooo people bitching 5 minutes into Raw.

Andy
May 6th, 2013, 8:15 PM
Did Ryback just call him Shawn?

Jacknife
May 6th, 2013, 8:15 PM
Only crickets react to Ryback.

Hero!
May 6th, 2013, 8:21 PM
Sandows wins RAW

_me
May 6th, 2013, 8:21 PM
Because it won't air in other big markets until Tuesday night. Lots of people sleeping right now.

Different than usual? It's a holiday in the uk, right? I didn't know it was big enough to mess with tv.

One Man Gang
May 6th, 2013, 8:23 PM
Different than usual? It's a holiday in the uk, right?

Nah. Same as usual. Just a reminder because of the forum merging.

_me
May 6th, 2013, 8:26 PM
Nah. Same as usual. Just a reminder because of the forum merging.

OK. Thanks.

mr sabu
May 6th, 2013, 8:29 PM
also Australia doesn't get raw untill tommrow arvo

One Man Gang
May 6th, 2013, 8:37 PM
Yeah, them too.

Good pop for Orton.

Is Fandango back to his old dancer?

The Law
May 6th, 2013, 8:43 PM
I judge crowds now by how much they Fandango. This crowd is mediocre.

G-Fresh
May 6th, 2013, 9:14 PM
ADR has experience using ladders.

Tainted Eclipse
May 6th, 2013, 9:14 PM
haha, dirty dutch is lovely on commentary.

Hero!
May 6th, 2013, 9:17 PM
The world title feud is 10 times better than the wwe title feud

Hero!
May 6th, 2013, 9:19 PM
Poor Dolph got his shit fucked in tonight, but Del Rio and Swagger look awesome going into Extreme Rules.

And I must say, I LOVE all of the managers and outside characters in this feud. It's brilliant.

GtheMVP
May 6th, 2013, 9:22 PM
Did Ryback just call him Shawn?

Just saw the replay, sounds like it lol

Don't worry, if you need to hear it again, that segment will be repeated about 8 times between now and Extreme rules :D

stylepoints
May 6th, 2013, 9:22 PM
So Ryback loses at Mania and gets a title shot? Well, to be fair, he's never actually won a ppv match. Ever.

Tainted Eclipse
May 6th, 2013, 9:24 PM
Poor Dolph got his shit fucked in tonight, but Del Rio and Swagger look awesome going into Extreme Rules.

And I must say, I LOVE all of the managers and outside characters in this feud. It's brilliant.

yeah, im really hoping they all get involved variously in the ladder match a la TLC2.

Zacharie
May 6th, 2013, 9:41 PM
I like dat Ambrose finisher.

Hero!
May 6th, 2013, 9:41 PM
Lotta great fucking wrestling tonight. Kofi and the Usos just looked like stars.

Hero!
May 6th, 2013, 9:47 PM
Oh great, Orton's gonna beat Cesaro on Wednesday

Wonder who Cesaro loses to tonight :/

Tainted Eclipse
May 6th, 2013, 9:47 PM
guess cesaro wins tonight

Zacharie
May 6th, 2013, 9:52 PM
And he got a promo too!

MOSHanTHRASHER
May 6th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Best line of the night "I see that" ~ Brock Lesnar

Cewsh
May 6th, 2013, 10:00 PM
So Ryback loses at Mania and gets a title shot? Well, to be fair, he's never actually won a ppv match. Ever.

Yeah, that's not true at all.

He's 4-6 on PPV. Though he is 0-6 in his past 6.

Jacknife
May 6th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Yeah, that's not true at all.

He's 4-6 on PPV. Though he is 0-6 in his past 6.

He hasn't won at a PPV he was advertised to be on, correct?

JT4104
May 6th, 2013, 10:05 PM
so why is brock assaulting office furniture?

Hero!
May 6th, 2013, 10:07 PM
guess cesaro wins tonight

Amazing. 10/10 for that.

Hero!
May 6th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Triple H: BE A MAN

JT4104
May 6th, 2013, 10:14 PM
I still want to know why Brock was beating up office furniture.....

JT4104
May 6th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Cant be a good sign that AJ gets a better reaction than Ryback does

G-Fresh
May 6th, 2013, 10:18 PM
I still want to know why Brock was beating up office furniture.....

Cause he don't like that shit.

Cewsh
May 6th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Cant be a good sign that AJ gets a better reaction than Ryback does

Well she's been pushed better and longer than he has.

The Guy on the Couch
May 6th, 2013, 10:37 PM
That mizark/sheamus promo was the most paint by numbers wrestling promo I have heard in ages
:(

Zacharie
May 6th, 2013, 10:38 PM
That's not really a good reason for a top guy who's main eventing the PPV to get a poor response...

I like the Ryback though, even if his responses aren't so great. I wouldn't mind seeing him with that belt, someone new needs to carry it.

G-Fresh
May 6th, 2013, 10:39 PM
I don't like Puffy, but it's cool that he's down to participate in stuff like that.

JT4104
May 6th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Did Cole really just call it the Barrett Elbow? sigh

MOSHanTHRASHER
May 6th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Seeing as the WWE uses the midcard titles to put over the main eventer that are not in the actual main event of the next PPV, I don't know how they believe these titles have any credibility. Or is that something the wwe really doesn't care about? I am glad Cesaro lost the title as it looks like they are interested in pushing the guy again with a squash and a good promo tonight. Can we just get rid of the IC and US titles already?

The Law
May 6th, 2013, 10:45 PM
So I guess it's going to be a Strap Match between Henry and Sheamus. Mark just whupped him like he stole something.

William
May 6th, 2013, 10:46 PM

No. It's "I'll whip you like you stole something boy!". Mark Henry is great.

Scratch that. Everything Mark Henry says is golden.

JT4104
May 6th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Nothing better on Raw than Mark Henry trash talking you as he beats you down.

JT4104
May 6th, 2013, 11:06 PM
:rolleyes:

stylepoints
May 6th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Is Ryback Rules more like Raven's Rules or O'Doyle rules. I don't know what he's trying to do here. Extreme Rules makes it all the more confusing.

The Law
May 6th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Decent Raw. A couple good matches, as per usual. Del Rio vs. Ziggler and Orton vs. Sandow stood out. I liked the Brock office segment. I continue to find Cena/Ryback pretty uninspiring. Ryback got a little bit of heat for hitting Cena with the chair, but it's still far too little for a performer being pushed as a main eventer. Henry whipping Sheamus was probably the highlight of the night. Mark's trash talk is always fun, and that was an especially good version of it.

So for Extreme Rules we've got:

Cena vs. Ryback-Last Man Standing (Good stipulation, makes sense since Cena has a leg injury)
Lesnar vs. Triple H ("Old School" Cage Match, which I assume means you can only win by pinfall or submission)
Del Rio vs. Ziggler vs. Swagger-Ladder Match (Have they mentioned that all three men have won Money in the Bank Ladder Matches in the past?)
Henry vs. Sheamus-Either Strap Match or Country Whippin' Match
Big Show vs. Orton-Presumably Falls Count Anywhere or some other minor stipulation
Team Hell No vs. Shield-Tables Match would make sense here. Tag team Tables Matches are always entertaining
Jericho vs. Fandango-No idea on the stipulation here.

StoneColdWWE316
May 6th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Seeing as the WWE uses the midcard titles to put over the main eventer that are not in the actual main event of the next PPV, I don't know how they believe these titles have any credibility. Or is that something the wwe really doesn't care about? I am glad Cesaro lost the title as it looks like they are interested in pushing the guy again with a squash and a good promo tonight. Can we just get rid of the IC and US titles already?

So if we get rid of the IC Title (again) and the US Title that means the mid-card guys will be back to doing nothing. Why thats brilliant.

Decent RAW tonight. The HHH/Brock/Heyman stuff was pretty well done,another good bout with ADR/Dolph Ziggler,Shield continuing to be dominant,Cesaro getting another push possibly,and Sheamus/Mark Henry going at it again.

Beer-Belly
May 6th, 2013, 11:34 PM
They're already doing nothing. There's no reason to have two mid-card titles if there's no longer a brand split.

MOSHanTHRASHER
May 6th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Currently they are glorified jobbers until they lose their title. It would force the writers to figure out a better way to make their maineventers look strong rather then beating a "champion" on every show.

Judas Iscariot
May 6th, 2013, 11:36 PM
There would be plenty of a reason for midcard titles if they actually built fucking feuds and have a shit.

They have 90 hours of programming a week and no idea how to productively fill the time by making midcard wrestlers seem important.

Judas Iscariot
May 6th, 2013, 11:38 PM
They may as well scrap the US Title and bring in the TV Title. Random matches, sure, but at least it's defended on every show and could build up SOMEBODY until he's ready to move to the IC or something.

_me
May 7th, 2013, 12:26 AM
They may as well scrap the US Title and bring in the TV Title. Random matches, sure, but at least it's defended on every show and could build up SOMEBODY until he's ready to move to the IC or something.

With all their TV now, I always wondered why they didn't have a TV champion. Could give them a 10-15 match every week and a TV title changing hands more often doesn't seem as bad as the US/IC. I just assume it is b/c it is a WCW/NWA thing.

StoneColdWWE316
May 7th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Again I just don't think dropping those Belts will help the mid-card because they will be doing nothing.

I do agree the IC & US Titles should have Feuds. At the same time dropping them will help nobody.

G-Fresh
May 7th, 2013, 1:17 AM
Is Ryback Rules more like Raven's Rules or O'Doyle rules. I don't know what he's trying to do here. Extreme Rules makes it all the more confusing.

O'Doyle rules

Judas Iscariot
May 7th, 2013, 1:21 AM
Mandelbaum! Mandelbaum! Mandelbaum!

Zacharie
May 7th, 2013, 2:37 AM
I wouldn't mind if the US or IC went away. It's sad, because I don't want them to, but I just don't care about those belts anymore.

I think the World Heavyweight is pretty much the new Intercontinental Title now that the split is over and stuff. I've always seen the holder of it as the #2 guy, aka what the Intercontinental Champion should be.

Merging the IC and US is an option too.

As for Raw... I'll go with 6/10. It was an alright show, not much to get excited over though. Storylines feel a little weak at the moment. Matches are pretty good though. Give these boys a reason to hate each other.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
May 7th, 2013, 6:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crPMjkuS3CQ

Poor quality, but absolutely amazing. The crowd should have gone crazy for that, it was pure gold.

My favourite bit of RAW was when Heyman's handycam conveniently pushed into Brock and they switched to a shoddy office set :yes:

Peter Griffin
May 7th, 2013, 6:41 AM
Was just coming to post about how much I loved that Sandow bit last night, awesome stuff, though I hate the idiotic titles of youtube videos at times! Can somebody tell me how he 'owned' Orton? it was a scripted part of the show. I think at one point Randy was trying not to laugh.

Hero!
May 7th, 2013, 6:45 AM
Fell asleep during the divas last night. What I miss?

Beer-Belly
May 7th, 2013, 7:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgWUlU6N7f0
Good stuff.

Ringo
May 7th, 2013, 8:14 AM
I'm all over the WHC feud which has been getting better every week. That is exactly how I want to see Swagger booked. He looked like a star. And like Hero I'm a big fan of valets and managers actually getting involved. In this case, all four characters are actually great in their roles.

Meanwhile the WWE title feud becomes less interesting with each week that passes. I want to see Ryback get over but I'm not really into this. Unfortunately I think it's unlikely that the events at Extreme Rules will save the feud.

Sandow is gold. He needs to talk every week. They obviously realise how entertaining he is because he often appears on house shows and dark main events to talk. Likewise with Cesaro. Picks up a win and gets to tell everyone that he's the best there is in the ring. Hopefully this is the beginning of them building him back up.

Also enjoyed the Usos suddenly mixing it up with such high ranking talent and not getting utterly squashed. Very refreshing. Don't think they mentioned the family connection to Reigns which is a shame.

Oh and the trashing of HHH's office was fun too.

So a pretty good episode.

EDIT: And I didn't even mention Mark Henry being Mark Henry and trash talking Sheamus. Probably because I've just come to expect such brilliance every week.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XpSt6HuyB2w/UYh1KG9BlZI/AAAAAAABW8E/FQmql7UllF4/s1600/f.gif

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-x7GmYIR5rAU/UYhiNMpK_AI/AAAAAAABWzM/PauRhXKNfmU/s1600/5-6-2013+10-06-17+PM.jpg

Forgotten to mention the little Rock/Brock tease. :hyper:

Andy
May 7th, 2013, 9:34 AM
Is that the biggest pop R Truth has ever had?

I still can't get on board with Jack Swagger. He looked pretty strong but I still don't find anything about him interesting. The WHC match could really steal the show at Extreme Rules, excuse the pun.

I am so bored of Sheamus.

Barrett should be in the WWE title scene instead of Ryback. Hate seeing him beaten week after week.

Extreme Rules looks like it's going to be a really fun show.

Andy
May 7th, 2013, 9:41 AM
I'm sure people will be sick of me going on about this but I feel like I should point it out because it's fucking ridiculous. They have a huge roster and three hours to kill on Raw.

Yet in one episode of Raw, the IC, US and tag champs were all pinned in meaningless non title matches. Plus Ziggler tapped out a few days ago on SD. Just lazy and stupid.

Ringo
May 7th, 2013, 9:52 AM
Is that the biggest pop R Truth has ever had?

Nah, R-Truth used to be really over. His entrance was his main selling point when he first came back so he always got a big reaction.

PurePlayer
May 7th, 2013, 11:01 AM
He needs to go back to rapping during his entrance. I think he did it a couple weeks ago and then stopped.

Anaconda Sniper
May 7th, 2013, 12:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgWUlU6N7f0
Good stuff.

:lol: This was my favorite part of Raw. After that Cesaro, Henry, and Ambrose hitting his finisher on Kofi were all awesome.

Kimura Kid
May 7th, 2013, 2:15 PM

I disagree.....

had to be Mark Henry while whipping Sheamus - "Tell me a joke" & "Why aint nobody laughing"

MMH
May 7th, 2013, 3:19 PM
So is Del Rio and Rodriguez' gimmick now that they are some kind of homosexual Mexican couple? They sure do love each other these days, all touchy feely and stuff.

Actually that would probably be better than what they are right now. They are terrible and have took away everything that was actually good about them in the first place.

Cewsh
May 7th, 2013, 3:29 PM
Really? I couldn't possible disagree with you more on that.

VHS
May 7th, 2013, 3:34 PM
Alberto and Ricardo are a good buddy-buddy couple, sure, but I've never sensed any insinuated romance between them. Like, seriously?

Peter Griffin
May 7th, 2013, 3:34 PM
Yeh, Del Rio, Swagger and Ziggler are awesome at the min, loving everything they do, also when you add Coulter,Ricardo and Big E/AJ, possibly the best thing going in WWE right now.

VHS
May 7th, 2013, 3:52 PM
Sheamus stole something awful last night, holy mother of burnt toast.

https://twitter.com/WWESheamus/status/331613492522143744/photo/1

G-Fresh
May 7th, 2013, 4:34 PM
So is Del Rio and Rodriguez' gimmick now that they are some kind of homosexual Mexican couple? They sure do love each other these days, all touchy feely and stuff.

What about PTP? Them fruity bitches are always hugging on each other.

Andy
May 7th, 2013, 4:36 PM
I WANT PANCAKE PATTERSON :mad:

G-Fresh
May 7th, 2013, 4:50 PM
I'll give Titus props on that. That was actually funny.

Andy
May 7th, 2013, 5:34 PM
Just catching up with the last hour. Mark Henry on commentary was amazing. "Carry this like you always do Bradshaw" :lol:

If they fancied putting some effort in, the divas division could be pretty good at the moment. I'm a big fan of the Bellas and they're over too, AJ is awesome, Kaitlyn is decent, one of the Funkadactyls is good and they've got a few good prospects in NXT.

Excel
May 7th, 2013, 5:49 PM
No one is better at trash talking during a fight than Big Mark Henry. I love him.

The Rogerer
May 7th, 2013, 6:44 PM
Good God, the Brock Lesnar build up was for THAT? Loved Heyman having to shepherd Brock through the building. One man and his dog.

Badger
May 7th, 2013, 7:03 PM
Sandow should release an album ripping other people's songs.

Dr of Astronomics. Yo welcome!

G-Fresh
May 7th, 2013, 7:03 PM
No one is better at trash talking during a fight than Big Mark Henry. I love him.

4 reelz on dat.

mth
May 7th, 2013, 11:39 PM
A few thoughts on RAW:

-Sandow's song was wonderful.

-Brock/Heyman at the HQ was a bit long but pretty entertaining especially once they started trashing the office. The phone answering bit had me legit LOL.

-Mark Henry is so fucking great. The trash talk is terrific and he makes you pay attention to him whenever the camera's on him with his constant quips. And I haven't even gotten to when he was on commentary. He is gold all around. And I can't complain when he's whipping the tar outta Sheamus. Big Mark deserves another run at the top.

-USOS ON RAW! As a fan, that was nice. Hope they might be more often but I am guessing they were just fodder here. The six man was pretty good.

-Cesaro looks to be getting back on track and that's rad.

-The Fandango scorecard stuff was amusing. Have I mentioned how happy I am that Little Jimmy is dead? Huzzah! I can be an R-Truth fan again!

-Kane/Ryback was pretty blah but not terrible. End of the show stuff was decent enough. Ryback needs to heel it up more, call more people stupid and fat bastards and so forth, just be more of a dick. And he needs to incorporate some heelish mannerisms and such when he wrestles. He's not getting much of a reaction and I think it'd help.

Other stuff happened but I don't feel like saying much else. It was an ok show but felt a little lackluster to me. I miss Punk.

G-Fresh
May 7th, 2013, 11:44 PM
The Uso's should have been tag champs a long time ago. I'd like to see Kane & DB make it past 1 year before dropping the belts to whoever though.

MMH
May 8th, 2013, 3:08 AM
Really? I couldn't possible disagree with you more on that.

Fair enough, I just dont like the whole im Mexcian but love American stuff. I still like him in the ring and all that but even the change in music is lame, they may as well have gave him La Cucaracha. I just find the whole thing really lazy and they annoy me greatly on Raw and Smackdown.

When it comes to PPV and Del Rio just wrestles they are fine.

The Guy on the Couch
May 8th, 2013, 4:24 PM
Ryback needs to heel it up more, call more people stupid and fat bastards and so forth, just be more of a dick. And he needs to incorporate some heelish mannerisms and such when he wrestles. He's not getting much of a reaction and I think it'd help.

I've never though about until I read this, but Ryback should channel Scott Steiner. I Think he could pull off that style of heel. At least in ring style and in ring trash talk style.

GtheMVP
May 8th, 2013, 4:41 PM
I like dat Ambrose finisher.

Me too! Reigns has the Spear, which he does a great job at. What's Rollins' finisher?

Andy
May 8th, 2013, 4:44 PM
His big diving knee to the skull has put a couple of people away.

VHS
May 8th, 2013, 4:57 PM
Yeah, he's got the flying knee to the head, but he also used the curb stomp over in NXT.

Cewsh
May 8th, 2013, 4:59 PM
Here's his NXT finisher.

http://www.wrestleenigma.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/skywalker.gif

Vice
May 8th, 2013, 5:00 PM
I love finishers that you can counter by just standing there.

The Law
May 8th, 2013, 5:07 PM
That's an especially bad execution, but that's absolutely one of the fakest looking moves I've ever seen. There's no way that such a move could be plausibly executed without being lifted by your opponent. I nominate that for the Canadian Destroyer Hall of Fame.

Kdestiny
May 8th, 2013, 5:55 PM
I thought he did the little running stomp move

Cewsh
May 8th, 2013, 5:57 PM
He has like 80 finishers. They keep giving him new ones, because they're all terrible.

Mills
May 8th, 2013, 6:04 PM
Yeah, the snapmare driver is shit. Just give him the superkick and be done with it

Badger
May 8th, 2013, 6:05 PM
I've never though about until I read this, but Ryback should channel Scott Steiner. I Think he could pull off that style of heel. At least in ring style and in ring trash talk style.

The censor button would explode.

Seems like he's channeling Heidenreich at the moment with his heavy breathing. He'll be arse-raping Cole in the locker room reading him poetry at this rate.

Kdestiny
May 8th, 2013, 6:09 PM
Yeah, the snapmare driver is shit. Just give him the superkick and be done with it

I think an enziguri would be awesome.

Mills
May 8th, 2013, 6:11 PM
Me personally, I love sudden strikes versus complicated moves that seem to take forever.

Badger
May 8th, 2013, 6:11 PM

And ROLLINS THUNDER for a signature move!

VHS
May 8th, 2013, 6:19 PM
I like Rollins utilizing his knees into his finishers though. His opponent could be on his knees in the middle of the ring while Rollins runs the ropes then BOOM flying knee to the head. That would look convincing.

mth
May 8th, 2013, 8:43 PM
Yeah, I made a post elsewhere where I said he needs to be more like Bully Ray but Steiner's kind of similar. Just be a massive douchebag because he's a jacked up monster and no one can really stand up to him. His world just revolves around him so he's aloof, disrespectful, bullying, and doesn't give half a shit about anyone/anything but himself. Definitely needs to talk more trash for starters.

Beer-Belly
May 10th, 2013, 7:49 AM

What ever Rollins is doing is that GIF isn't a snapmare driver. I actually like the snapmare driver. The thing is, it's way too similar to Ambrose's headlock driver.

Bennedy
May 10th, 2013, 8:15 AM
Didn't Ultimo Dragon use that back in the day? I didn't really question it then. I think it is fine for him as a member of the shield. May need something a bit better when he breaks off as a singles star though.

mth
May 10th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Yeah, Ultimo used that. Always thought it was a ridiculous move. Just do the Sliced Bread off the buckle, at least that one looks like you're doing some of the work.