PDA

View Full Version : WWE RAW - April 29 2013 - Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio

Kimura Kid
April 29th, 2013, 11:18 AM
http://www.marcuspitt.com/wp-content/uploads/Logo-Raw.png
– Is The Shield unstoppable?

– AJ Lee is the new #1 Contender for Kaitlyn’s Divas Championship.

– Jack Swagger, Alberto Del Rio and World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler have unfinished business that will come to a head at Extreme Rules. What will they do in the meantime?

– Fandango had a solid week on WWE’s European tour, but he was attacked by Chris Jericho, too. Are they going to dance one more time?

– John Cena Was injured on the WWE European tour. What will this mean for his showdown with Ryback at Extreme Rules, and how will Big Hungry react to the news of Cena’s bruised right Achilles tendon that could put their match on hold?

All this and more on Raw … tonight!

mr sabu
April 29th, 2013, 11:38 AM
No whitty title.... Sorry minus 6 points

Kimura Kid
April 29th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Was going to go with:

"Cena's Heel.........Injury"

But the Raw Logo and Red font don't make up for lack of a creative title? :(

Badger
April 29th, 2013, 12:06 PM
"Cena's Achilles Heel Turn"

Slare
April 29th, 2013, 12:15 PM
"CENA has hurt his leg and possibly might be injured for an undisclosed amount of time"

Kimura Kid
April 29th, 2013, 4:25 PM
Triple H tweeted "Are you ready Columbus OH?"

I was hoping it meant That a DX Reunion was in store with HBK but it seems HBK is still at home. So prolly just The Outlaws and Triple H

Ringo
April 29th, 2013, 4:28 PM
:hyper:

Wish they would do Trips & the Outlaws vs. The Shield on TV.

Kimura Kid
April 29th, 2013, 4:49 PM
That would be awesome!! Shield isn't booked for anything tonight.....

You think it's a possibility?

turdpower
April 29th, 2013, 5:04 PM
They faced in a dark match already, so probably.

Kimura Kid
April 29th, 2013, 5:17 PM
Yeah I was thinking the same thing but With Triple H in the middle of that fued with brock and Shield coming off of the destruction of Taker I just can't seem to put together how they can make that work.

Easy to throw them in a dark match but a whole different ball game on Raw......Right?

Matthew
April 29th, 2013, 5:20 PM
not really, no.

they could easily intertwine everything

Kimura Kid
April 29th, 2013, 5:24 PM
I hope your right man. I would love to see that match tonight!!

Could be as easy as Shield setting their sights on a new target after destroying Undertaker. Maybe trips is in the ring cutting a promo on Brock and the Shield makes their way to the ring. Then the DX Theme hits!!

Matthew
April 29th, 2013, 5:25 PM
it probably wouldn't be a straight up match if it happened. most likely would end due to interference from brock/hell no/taker/heyman

Ringo
April 29th, 2013, 5:26 PM
I hate how some feuds tend to exist in their own bubbles nowadays - HHH/Brock particularly. They barely interact with anyone else. But they did have The Shield come out to attack Trips on Smackdown before Hell No made the save, and obviously the Outlaws have been facing The Shield on house shows. Cena is injured so the Shield match is off - it could happen I guess.

Andy
April 29th, 2013, 6:09 PM
Would be a bit mad if they gave two potential PPV matches in two weeks. All for it though.

Ringo
April 29th, 2013, 7:32 PM
Sounds like Cena/Ryback vs. Shield is still on.

virms
April 29th, 2013, 7:50 PM
If Cena has the same injury as Edge he is a fool to keep wrestling.

Hopefully ryback walks out on cena, sheild get the quick beatdown and Taker makes the save.

Ringo
April 29th, 2013, 7:59 PM
I don't think Taker should appear again for a while. Possibly at Extreme Rules if he wrestles but not before. I think The Shield's beatdown should have a lasting effect. It was too good for him to just shake it off after a few days.

Ringo
April 29th, 2013, 8:01 PM
Haha, yus. I wanted to see these three wrestle. Dutch having a match in WWE in 2013! Mon the Big E.

JT4104
April 29th, 2013, 8:08 PM
RR with the win....fuck yea. Also, damn he sells like a champ.

Ringo
April 29th, 2013, 8:09 PM
That was great fun. Lovely start. Would be nice if the next 3 segments weren't entirely forgettable which has often been the way as of late.

The Law
April 29th, 2013, 8:17 PM
If Ryback beats up cancer patient children, will he get some heat?

Ryse
April 29th, 2013, 8:18 PM
This is about the only way they can get Cena on a mic without half the audience booing him. Though if this were in Philly I wouldn't put it past the crowd.

Hero!
April 29th, 2013, 8:18 PM
;___; I'm in tears, lads

Hotbeef-Injection
April 29th, 2013, 8:20 PM
You know, these kids are brave as hell and it's really sweet and such, but i don't really want to see this sort of thing on Raw. I know I know black hearted etc but can't they do this in a commercial or something? It's my problem and all but I find all this stuff quite uncomfortable. Cena, however, is excellent at this stuff.

G-Fresh
April 29th, 2013, 8:21 PM
That's great. Shit like that makes me tear up.

Andy
April 29th, 2013, 8:22 PM
"Remember this is triple threat rules; no disqualifications" - What?

Ryse
A perverse part of me was just waiting for Brocks music to hit.

The Guy on the Couch
That was classy. WWE can do some real awesome stuff sometimes.

Ringo
April 29th, 2013, 8:34 PM
"Remember this is triple threat rules; no disqualifications" - What?

No DQs in triple threat matches. Can't remember if it was always that way but certainly since at least 2004.

And that was sweet. :happysad:

Andy
April 29th, 2013, 8:38 PM
Really? I'm sure it wasn't like that before then. I must not have seen many triple threats since then. Or many which utilised that rule.

Tainted Eclipse
April 29th, 2013, 8:40 PM
man, the little delay on that superplex was scary for a minute

The Law
April 29th, 2013, 8:40 PM
I can't ever remember seeing a disqualification in a Triple Threat Match.

Hero!
April 29th, 2013, 8:42 PM
You can't have DQs in a triple threat. If you DQ one wrestler, which of the other 2 wins? Think logically, dudes.

Orton kicking out of crossrhodes is stupid. Fuck orton.

Hotbeef-Injection
April 29th, 2013, 8:43 PM
Rhodes could have had a great win there. But no, Orton needs another win I guess. I am so bored with Orton

G-Fresh
April 29th, 2013, 8:43 PM
Orton is awesome pullin that shit off.

Big_Dre
April 29th, 2013, 8:44 PM
Not one mention of Legacy in that match, but DAMN was that good. I've not paid attention to anything Orton related lately minus his Shield stuff, but he and Cody put on a hell of a match just now.

Andy
April 29th, 2013, 8:45 PM
That was the most enjoyable Orton match since his series with Christian.

The Law
April 29th, 2013, 8:45 PM
So that was a great little TV match, but I feel like it was meaningless. What happens because Randy beat Cody? Or if Cody had beaten Randy? Is Randy closer to a title shot because he beat Cody? Would Cody have been in line for a shot at any title if he had beaten Randy? They're giving us a lot of good wrestling on TV these days, but it doesn't feel important because the matches don't really have any context or meaning. If they're going to have lots of long TV matches, I wish the booking were more logical. I wish they'd actually establish different divisions and contenders for championships, and then have people get title shots based on how they fare in matches against other contenders. Otherwise, they're really just filling time on TV with these matches.

Andy
April 29th, 2013, 8:47 PM
I know it would be illogical for a triple treat to have DQs, what I mean is I just can't remember many with loads of interference or weapons etc, or even any mention of the stipulation.

Ringo
April 29th, 2013, 8:50 PM
Not one mention of Legacy in that match, but DAMN was that good. I've not paid attention to anything Orton related lately minus his Shield stuff, but he and Cody put on a hell of a match just now.

They did mention Legacy.

That was the most enjoyable Orton match since his series with Christian.

The street fight with Cody, the Ziggler series, the Henry title win. Few and far between in 2012 though, definitely.

Ringo
April 29th, 2013, 8:52 PM
I know it would be illogical for a triple treat to have DQs, what I mean is I just can't remember many with loads of interference or weapons etc, or even any mention of the stipulation.

The main event ones often do. Maybe not so much since PG kicked in 2008.

Ringo
April 29th, 2013, 8:54 PM
ps. SHIELD.

The Guy on the Couch
April 29th, 2013, 8:54 PM
So that was a great little TV match, but I feel like it was meaningless. What happens because Randy beat Cody? Or if Cody had beaten Randy? Is Randy closer to a title shot because he beat Cody? Would Cody have been in line for a shot at any title if he had beaten Randy? They're giving us a lot of good wrestling on TV these days, but it doesn't feel important because the matches don't really have any context or meaning. If they're going to have lots of long TV matches, I wish the booking were more logical. I wish they'd actually establish different divisions and contenders for championships, and then have people get title shots based on how they fare in matches against other contenders. Otherwise, they're really just filling time on TV with these matches.

Does every undercard match on Raw need real direction. The purpose of the match was to showcase two of their talents. The match made people that historically dislike Orton remember that he can be good. That does more for the big picture than saying "now he is one step closer to gold"

Andy
April 29th, 2013, 8:55 PM
Twin Magic obviously doesn't work anymore now that there's an easy way to tell them apart.

virms
April 29th, 2013, 8:57 PM
Twin Magic obviously doesn't work anymore now that there's an easy way to tell them apart.

Nah, that was seeds of the new nation forming. Cameron, Naomi and the ref. Obviously holding the white women down.

Andy
April 29th, 2013, 9:01 PM
Not heard a crowd this hot for the people they're meant to be hot for in ages.

Ringo
April 29th, 2013, 9:03 PM
was just going to post what Andy said. Very refreshing. Looks like a particularly big crowd for a Raw as well (Cole said 14,000) but I'm not sure if that is noticeably higher than usual.

EDIT: :hyper: "3MB? Why!?"

Hero!
April 29th, 2013, 9:03 PM
Dean Ambrose should be the only one allowed to speak

Hero!
April 29th, 2013, 9:04 PM
3MB are about to get fucking MURDERED

Big_Dre
They did mention Legacy.

My bad, bro. Didn't hear it but then again got a million things going on in the background.

G-Fresh
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy
April 29th, 2013, 9:09 PM
Heath Slater is so great.

The Guy on the Couch
April 29th, 2013, 9:09 PM
OOOOOOOH SHIIIIIIIIIT Extreme Rules is on MAY 19TH!!!! MAY 19TH!!! MAY 19TH!!!

Ryse
April 29th, 2013, 9:13 PM
Let's track Jerry's next heart attack here online.

Ringo
April 29th, 2013, 9:13 PM
I really hope someone actually delivers the pizza and Santino steals it again.

Ryse
April 29th, 2013, 9:14 PM
So Santino is the new Noid?

mr sabu
ohh come one i don't need to know this crap

ive worked for dominos before

idon't need to know that

Hero!
Champ v Champ? Dolph is gonna job to Kofi?

Ringo
April 29th, 2013, 9:15 PM
Will have to be a double DQ.

PS. fuck off Kofi

Hero!
April 29th, 2013, 9:15 PM
Lol, really, JBL getting offended by Ziggler wearing the title backwards? The Rock used to drag the fucking thing on the floor.

Andy
April 29th, 2013, 9:16 PM
I fucking despise champion vs champion matches. What's the point. There's so many guys on be roster to build an interesting division for these titles, nevermind give them an interesting opponent. :no:

Hero!
April 29th, 2013, 9:18 PM
"AJ is the new #1 contender for the divas championship, she'll face Kaitlyn...some time down the road"

Lol, women don't get PPV matches anymore, huh?

Kneeneighbor
April 29th, 2013, 9:26 PM
Remember when champion vs champion headlined WrestleMania and wasnt a mid card match on RaW every fucking week?

Cewsh
April 29th, 2013, 9:28 PM
1990?

Andy
April 29th, 2013, 9:30 PM
Two really good tv matches but why does the WHC need help to beat Kofi? They book themselves into a corner doing this every other fucking week.

mr sabu
April 29th, 2013, 9:30 PM
kofi's out of it.. despite the fact he is swinging wildly

mr sabu
April 29th, 2013, 9:36 PM
fucking hornswoggle

Hero!
April 29th, 2013, 9:37 PM
"Am I being Punk'd?"

I bet it's Punk. He loves muscular women.

Andy
April 29th, 2013, 9:38 PM
Wtf was that shit JBL looked disgusted

The Guy on the Couch
April 29th, 2013, 9:40 PM
Is Ryback staring at cue cards? he's just staring off into space.

Ringo
April 29th, 2013, 9:40 PM
OUTLAWS

Ringo
April 29th, 2013, 9:44 PM
ffs :D

Kimura Kid
April 29th, 2013, 9:53 PM
More of you should join the Skype chat!

mr sabu
April 29th, 2013, 9:54 PM
most of us should but no...

im multitasking killing zerg

Hero!
April 29th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Man, what a great way to deal with the third hour ratings dip. I, for one,
enthralled!

virms
April 29th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Man, what a great way to deal with the third hour ratings dip. I, for one,
enthralled!

Hero get on skype so you can help explain why one of the make a wish kids wrestling names should have been david benoit.

Hero!
April 29th, 2013, 10:09 PM
BRADEN WALKER

Ringo
April 29th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Maddox is so great.

Hero!
April 29th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Hero get on skype so you can help explain why one of the make a wish kids wrestling names should have been david benoit.

Balahshabafahbsuabakab are you explaining this to one of the new guys?

Hero!
April 29th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Cesaro doesn't even get an entrance? :(

mr sabu
April 29th, 2013, 10:14 PM
the del rios match is a lucha fencing match

virms
April 29th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Balahshabafahbsuabakab are you explaining this to one of the new guys?

Trying. They don't see the humor.

Cewsh
April 29th, 2013, 10:16 PM
No surprise there.

StoneColdChris
April 29th, 2013, 10:17 PM
1990?

Dont forget 2002! Kane vs HHH at No Mercy

And 2008 with Hardy and Orton at the rumble. ;)

Hero!
April 29th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Trying. They don't see the humor.

Oh god, it's brilliant. I may actually sign up for Skype next week and explain it

Hero!
April 29th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Ole ole ole ole! Oleeee Oleeee!

mr sabu
generico chantssss

Ringo
So this is a nice change of pace for Cesaro...

Ryse
April 29th, 2013, 10:26 PM
That was a great match. I don't mind Cesaro losing if it's like that.

Hero!
April 29th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Why do the WWE hate Cesaro so much? :(

Hero!
April 29th, 2013, 10:27 PM
That was a great match. I don't mind Cesaro losing if it's like that.

That was cool and all, but I want to see him win a damn match soon

mr sabu
April 29th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Why do the WWE hate Cesaro so much? :(

they don't release him

Swedish make a wish embassador

Ringo
April 29th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Dear oh dear Hero :nono: Cesaro looked stronger here than he has in ages. I thought ADR was going to squash him in about 3 minutes.

Where the fuck did this crowd come from!?

And Ladders! Expected that, but I'm glad.

Anaconda Sniper
April 29th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Might just be me..but wrestling has been so lame with Punk gone. And do they have to have the same damn guys win every week...would it hurt to have had Cesaro or Rhodes win their matches tonight. Seriously this crap is getting annoying. Oh but Alberto has to look good for his mid card title match at extreme rules that he isn't going to win.

Hero!
April 29th, 2013, 10:33 PM
DOO DOO DOODOODOO !!

Tainted Eclipse
April 29th, 2013, 10:35 PM
immensely preferred fandangos original valet

Ryse
April 29th, 2013, 10:35 PM
a dance off with the Great Khali...WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????? ?????????????

Hero!
April 29th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Why has Khali had a job for 7 years? Is it an Indian marketing thing?

Kneeneighbor
April 29th, 2013, 10:36 PM
So Summer Rae cant actually do the full splits?

Anaconda Sniper
April 29th, 2013, 10:37 PM

Pretty much.

mr sabu
April 29th, 2013, 10:39 PM
soundboarded Kahlil cheer

Hero!
April 29th, 2013, 10:40 PM

Ha, glad I wasn't the only one who noticed. C'mon girrrrrrrrl

Ringo
April 29th, 2013, 10:41 PM
fucking ROBBED

Ryse
April 29th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Yeah, saw that too. It looked like she was about to fall over when she did the splits in the ring the first time.

G-Fresh
April 29th, 2013, 10:45 PM

Because he's the shit.

Kneeneighbor
April 29th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Because he's shit.

Fixed

Anaconda Sniper
April 29th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Ahhh that feels a lot better. Seeing anyone pin Cena clean is such a nice viewing.

G-Fresh
April 29th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Fixed

Hey, fuck you.

DeepMo
April 29th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Reigns reminds me of, "Edge," with black hair

Ringo
April 29th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Reigns doesn't remind me of Edge at all.

Nice big pinfall for him though :yes:

virms
April 29th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Ahhh that feels a lot better. Seeing anyone pin Cena clean is such a nice viewing.

It's not really clean though considering the website and the show has put him over as severely injured all day and all show.

StoneColdWWE316
April 29th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Pretty good RAW tonight. Good Matches tonight including the 6-Man Tag,ADR/Cesaro,Dolph/Kofi,and I even liked the Triple Threat. Shield continues to look awesome.

More props to Cena too for going out there hurting the way he was.

Anaconda Sniper
April 29th, 2013, 11:34 PM
It's not really clean though considering the website and the show has put him over as severely injured all day and all show.

Ugh..I tried to forget about that. :nono:

Brian M.
April 29th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Virtually no activity in here after the show. Is this what it's like when Cena loses and people have nothing to bitch about? Cool beans.

Cewsh
April 29th, 2013, 11:48 PM
:yes:

The Law
April 29th, 2013, 11:50 PM
That was a really good episode of Raw. I like that they had a storyline driving the show throughout that night. That's something they always used to do back in the Attitude Era that they seem to have gone away from recently. Having a story throughout the night gives the show a nice flow and builds anticipation for the main event.

Awesome for Shield to pin Cena. They're absolutely undoubtedly the best thing going in WWE right now. They really need to put the Tag Titles on them at Extreme Rules.

Really good matches tonight. Orton/Cody was the match of the night, but the main event, Ziggler vs. Kofi, and Del Rio vs. Cesaro were all excellent too.

Surprised by the lack of Big Show and Barrett. Can't say I hugely mind not seeing either of them.

I'm intrigued by Cena's injury. I'm guessing that it's half work, half legitimate: he's hurt, but not badly enough to miss time (as we saw tonight). But it adds intrigue and makes him seem vulnerable to incorporate it into the storyline.

I even enjoyed the Henry Tug of War and Fandango dance segments. And the diva's match, for what it was. Cameron and Naomi are a lot of fun to watch. The girls just throw their bodies around.

Surprisingly good episode of Raw. I'm pleased.

Brian M.
April 29th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Might just be me..but wrestling has been so lame with Punk gone. And do they have to have the same damn guys win every week...would it hurt to have had Cesaro or Rhodes win their matches tonight. Seriously this crap is getting annoying. Oh but Alberto has to look good for his mid card title match at extreme rules that he isn't going to win.

Yes, it would have hurt to have Cesaro or Rhodes win. They are in the mid-card while Orton and Alberto are main eventers. Orton has a big match coming up sometime soon down the line with Big Show. If he's losing to Rhodes then how does he look like a threat to Big Show who has been beating everyone? Similarly, whether or not Del Rio is going to win the title at Extreme Rules, he should at least look like he has a SHOT to win the title. If you're going to complain that Alberto has to look good for his "mid card title match that he isn't going to win", what would you have Cesaro win for? He has an actual mid-card title match that he isn't going to win taking place in two days.

Cesaro and Rhodes were both made to look GREAT in a losing effort, by the way. Two well worked matches. I don't really see the issue here. Like, at all.

StoneColdWWE316
April 29th, 2013, 11:57 PM
I was pleased to see the Columbus Fans doing Fandangoing on their own and WWE not trying to force the issue like 2 weeks ago.

Cewsh
April 30th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Ziggler/Kofi was flat out incredible. Amazing work by both guys.

Brian M.
April 30th, 2013, 12:04 AM
Honestly, we had at least two, possibly three matches that may deserve some yes votes in the MOTY thread. And I'm not even counting the main event, which was quite good as well. This may have been the most consistent WRESTLING episode of Raw in some time. I'd be fine if they booked similar to this in the future. Nothing flashy, let guys do their thing in the mid-card, have an over-arching story for the show, don't make any outlandish booking moves. It's not flashy but it made for an entertaining three hours.

G-Fresh
April 30th, 2013, 12:27 AM
Raw was pretty good. It just seemed like it was missing something.

TimeSplitter
April 30th, 2013, 1:09 AM
I have found a way for Kofi to become a legit main eventer: Only have him wrestle Ziggler for the title over and over again. No mic time, no nothing. These two have put on dozens of incredible matches over the past year or two. Great stuff.

Simmo Fortyone
April 30th, 2013, 1:25 AM
WHY DID THEY BURY CENA IN THE MAIN EVENT :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mdaL

Zacharie
April 30th, 2013, 1:38 AM
It was a pretty good show tonight. Other than that Mania Raw, it was the first time since before Rumble where I wasn't getting bored and losing my focus throughout the show. Good matches where no one really got destroyed. They just seemed to have a lot of confidence in tonight's show rather than it just being another week to drag through.

The Shield match was great. That group needs to stick around for a while. Fun opener, Orton/Rhodes was surprisingly good, Kofi/Ziggler was good, Cesaro/ADR good good.

Taker, Brock, and HHH only got a few graphics which was great. That's all them part time boys need if they aren't wrestling on the show.

Sheamus/Henry only getting a few minutes is a plus, I can't stand Sheamus feuds.

I guess I feel like the main feud of Ryback/Cena could be better. It's decent so far but nothing to get excited over.

Extreme Rules shouldn't be that bad even if the main event turns out a little weak. I wonder how/if they will do Shield, Hell No, and Taker.

7/10

Kev
April 30th, 2013, 1:59 AM
I think because there's still a fair bit of time since the Extreme Rules PPV, they're wanting to build to the Main Event a bit slower. You'd hope that perhaps they'd be capable of making the feud more and more interesting as each week goes by (lets get some drama happening guyses) - but that doesn't look to be the case in feuds in the last six to ten months unless they're HHH ;)

Andy
April 30th, 2013, 7:28 AM
That was a really odd episode of Raw. I enjoyed it, but it was strange. Three really good matches in there, like, really good. Any of them would've been perfectly good PPV matches.

I still think they're doing an absolutely terrible job of using three hours effectively though. As I say, the matches were good, but only the main event had any meaning. Yeah I know it'll seem like I'm being impossible to please here but I just wish they'd put some more thought into it. A match like Orton/Rhodes is a good fun TV match to put on and I didn't have a problem with it at all, sometimes it's great to just have a match with no background. But then you have all the triple threat guys wrestle a match each. Why? Yeah two of the matches were really, really good but I hate champion vs champion matches and Cesaro could be better utilised in establishing a new feud. The triple threat could've been built with a couple of promos and the time they used for the matches could've been used more effectively.

There's so much time available to them, yet the only two feuds that they developed at all on this show was Bellas vs Funkadactyls and the Shield/WWE title scene. It's really ridiculous that in all this time they are on air every week they can't build credible divisions for the IC, US and tag titles. It really is my main frustration with the product. It leads to my other grievances like pointless matches and champion vs champion matches.

And similarly, do they really have so few ideas that they have to flesh out the show with tug of war matches and dance offs? And speaking of tug of war, even that super pro-face crowd didn't seem to think much of Sheamus - and who can blame them? They've never pushed someone so hard as a face but made him act like such an asshole.

What was Maddox going to say to Cena before he cut him off? That was kinda weird.

ANYWAY, enough moaning because it was a really good show with some great matches. Reigns pinning Cena - wow. Another really good match from The Shield and it's a hell of a win for them. Interesting to see where they go with this injury thing I guess.

7/10.

JP
April 30th, 2013, 9:47 AM
Loved the opening triple threat match, was superbly put together and performed. RR was a revelation. He moves like a seasoned luchadore in places, very interested to see how he develops long term, incredibly diverse prospect.

Rhodes/Orton was magnificent.

Cena working hurt and taking the clean loss, good nights work from the franchise.

The Dominoes plugs made me feel ill.

Kimura Kid
April 30th, 2013, 10:27 AM
I've always thought Cena was possibly the best company man to reach his level in the history of wrestling. And tonight cemented it IMO. I think that Cena is a special individual. And although I may not like him always being on top there is no denying he fucking deserves it. We were all discussing the next top star and I don't think we appreciate Cena the way we should be while he's still around. It's like not knowing what you have till it's gone. Cena may not be the most exciting or best in ring competitor we've seen but he is dedicated to the company, He loves wrestling, and he is a fantastic role model to kids.

Rock, Austin & even Hogan couldn't pull off that segment tonight on raw for the Make a Wish kids. The passion that Cena has for these ill kids is genuine. The WWE is a product that is designed for children. Most adults dislike cena because we can't connect with him, We don't like "Super Cena" But kids are eating that shit up and have someone special to look up to. Prolly something most of you already know and such. But I have a new found respect and understanding for Cena and what he brings to the table. He may not be what I want as far as in ring talent but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be respected for what he does for the company we all love. I feel selfish for complaining about Cena being on top all these years....like what I want is more important than what the new generation wants.

:blahblah:

Raw fucking kicked ass tonight!!

MikeHunt
April 30th, 2013, 10:35 AM
good show only fast forwarded divas, make a wish and dominos.

lack of heyman.

7/10

Slare
April 30th, 2013, 10:47 AM
I've always thought Cena was possibly the best company man to reach his level in the history of wrestling. And tonight cemented it IMO. I think that Cena is a special individual. And although I may not like him always being on top there is no denying he fucking deserves it. We were all discussing the next top star and I don't think we appreciate Cena the way we should be while he's still around. It's like not knowing what you have till it's gone. Cena may not be the most exciting or best in ring competitor we've seen but he is dedicated to the company, He loves wrestling, and he is a fantastic role model to kids.

Rock, Austin & even Hogan couldn't pull off that segment tonight on raw for the Make a Wish kids. The passion that Cena has for these ill kids is genuine. The WWE is a product that is designed for children. Most adults dislike cena because we can't connect with him, We don't like "Super Cena" But kids are eating that shit up and have someone special to look up to. Prolly something most of you already know and such. But I have a new found respect and understanding for Cena and what he brings to the table. He may not be what I want as far as in ring talent but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be respected for what he does for the company we all love. I feel selfish for complaining about Cena being on top all these years....like what I want is more important than what the new generation wants.

Yeah this is pretty much spot on.

I would love a Cena heel turn and the like as much as the next guy, but when you go to shows and see how young folk absolutely idolize the guy, it would be like them finding out Santa isn't real. Fuck it, us net fans and whatever you would have us called have our guys to love. We can get behind the Shield and Bryan and Punk and enjoy them because they're more legit and edgy and everything like that. And seriously, for the small percentage of the fanbase idiots like us ACTUALLY make up, we get treated pretty well as far as guys getting exposure (but oh noez Bryan isnt main eventing every show ever). Let the little guys have Cena and his whacky promos and goofy faces and Superman comebacks. That's how wrestling works - he's their hero. In the meanwhile, the guy does pull out some fantastic matches (currently has the MOTY in WWE by the looks of things) when need be and - as KK says - won't really be appreciated until he's gone.

StoneColdWWE316
April 30th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Well said KK.

I have always liked John Cena because of his drive & passion for what he does. It went up even more because of what he does for the Make-A Wish Kids. If anyone hasn't seen the clip of the Today Show when he surprised that little boy go find it,its pretty cool.

Cewsh
April 30th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Great post, KK. Spot on.

chatty
April 30th, 2013, 12:45 PM
I got no problem with Cena, never really have. His character isn't aimed at my market so I can generally skip through his stuff and not miss anything. if I read he was in a good match or if the feud is good then I'll check it out. he is a hard working guy and has earned his place, he's just stale and boring to my market and thats probably just because we've outgrown the product rather than the product being stale.

I wonder how many older people couldn't be arsed with the Hiogan era after it hit its tenth year of the same old same old?

Ringo
April 30th, 2013, 1:39 PM
Plenty, I'm sure. Also, as bored as I was by Cena's victory at Mania and celebratory moment with The Rock to finish the show, it wasn't nearly as nauseating as Hogan's at the end of Wrestlemania 9 - which was incidentally his last Mania.

For some reason I had been thinking that the Cena era was already longer than the Hogan era but that's not the case. Hogan was the all conquering face of WWE for what, just about 9 years, but was still the same in WCW until BATB '96. Cena's been the guy for like 8. I guess the difference is that there is more WWE programming nowadays. More PPVs etc. Cena finally turning heel is surely too much of a huge thing to pass on completely - I'd expect things to stay the same with him for 2 or 3 years and then perhaps they will be smart enough to change things up before Cena finds himself on the other side of 40.

Cena's been a pretty phenomenal main event wrestler for the company - whatever you think about his character and booking.

The Law
April 30th, 2013, 2:18 PM
Hogan won the WWF Title in January 1984 and was on top until he left after losing to Yokozuna at King of the Ring 1993. He took two long hiatuses in the interim: going away in 1990 after losing to Warrior at Wrestlemania VI and then being gone for almost a year between Wrestlemania VIII and Wrestlemania IX. So he had a nine year run as top guy in WWE. Cena will surpass him next year at Wrestlemania.

G-Fresh
April 30th, 2013, 7:55 PM
Cena>Hogan all fuckin day

Beer-Belly
April 30th, 2013, 9:02 PM
Word.

G-Fresh
April 30th, 2013, 9:10 PM
I tried watching some Hogan matches from the 80s a few weeks ago and couldn't make it past the 3rd match.

StoneColdWWE316
April 30th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Hogan while I respect the guy and enjoyed his initial run on top from 1984-1992/93 it really did get old after awhile. Also not wanting to put over Bret Hart at Summerslam 1993 instead leaving after KOTR has really soured my opinion of him somewhat. Hogan alot of the time just doesn't seem to know whats good for the buisness and is only focused on making himself the focal point. Cena is the complete opposite and yes while his character is stale he still does whats right for business.

mth
April 30th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Truth.

Judas Iscariot
May 1st, 2013, 1:15 AM
Hulkamania was before my time and I adhere to the Cewsh School of Thought:

If it happened before I was watching, it was no good and bad for professional wrestling.

Judas Iscariot
May 1st, 2013, 1:19 AM
And just to expand on that, if it happened in Japan and I didn't see it, it was no good and bad for professional wrestling.

Don't get me started on the Greeks I didn't see 2,000 years ago.

Milo of Croton worked the crowd and Leontiskos of Messene was able to bend a finger right up until the sound of his breaking and stopped RIGHTbefore he would be disqualified. Their video footage went the way of Benoit.

G-Fresh
May 1st, 2013, 1:25 AM
Hogan knew how to work a crowd like no other. He was just boring to watch after a while cause every match was the same. It's fitting that he passed the torch to Rocky though cause he electrifies the fans the same way Hogan did.

Morrison
May 1st, 2013, 3:29 AM
Hogan while I respect the guy and enjoyed his initial run on top from 1984-1992/93 it really did get old after awhile. Also not wanting to put over Bret Hart at Summerslam 1993 instead leaving after KOTR has really soured my opinion of him somewhat. Hogan alot of the time just doesn't seem to know whats good for the buisness and is only focused on making himself the focal point. Cena is the complete opposite and yes while his character is stale he still does whats right for business.

really? THAT is what has soured your opinion of him? it took THAT to do it?

mth
May 1st, 2013, 10:37 AM
I didn't like this week's show as much as last week's but it was still good. Lots of long and solid matches (I remember when folks were clocking the amount of wrestling on RAW because there was so little, seems like that's long since stopped) and some decent angle progression. Dolph/Kofi was probably the best of the bunch. I liked Ryback being a bit of a dick and Reigns pinning Cena was pretty rad. The dance-off was probably the worst part of the show and even that had a bit of amusement to it.

StoneColdWWE316
May 1st, 2013, 3:59 PM
really? THAT is what has soured your opinion of him? it took THAT to do it?

Yeah somewhat. Why you got something else I should bring up?

Morrison
May 1st, 2013, 4:15 PM
Yeah somewhat. Why you got something else I should bring up?

nope, that's probably the single most important reason to sour on hogan. good going.

StoneColdWWE316
May 1st, 2013, 7:23 PM
nope, that's probably the single most important reason to sour on hogan. good going.

Thanks,I'll be sure to ask for your opinion when I care.

Hero!
May 1st, 2013, 7:27 PM
AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE CAUSE STONECOLDWWE316 SAID SO

FOR FUCKSAKE MORRISON, YOU JUST GOT OWNED

SUCK A KARP, MORRI, HAHAHA

Simmo Fortyone
May 1st, 2013, 7:56 PM
So I guess Sheamus being a fucking dickhead is actually a proper thing now and not just a fan theory?