PDA

View Full Version : Cena Injured

Jay
April 28th, 2013, 10:01 AM
WWE.com has learned that WWE Champion John Cena sustained an injury during WWE's European tour. The WWE Champion injured his right Achilles tendon while battling Ryback.

The injury raises questions about the scheduled match between Cena and Ryback at Extreme Rules on May 19. What lies ahead for the Cenation leader? Does this put Ryback one step closer to capturing the WWE Title?

There are no details yet about Cena's expected recovery time.

For more, stay with WWE.com and tune in to Monday’s Raw at 8/7 CT on USA Network.

Link: Click here. (http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2013-04-29/john-cena-injured-on-wwe-european-tour-26111113)

Is this a work? Legit? If it does turn out to be legit, will they have to rush CM Punk back?

If Cena is out for a while, I don't know who is in a position to step up into Cena's spot against Ryback. Ironically, had they not turned Ryback heel, now would have been a good time to really get behind him and see if he can push Cena as the number one babyface, which Ryback feels he's capable of doing.

Interesting.

God.
April 28th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Oh great, now he no sold me tearing his achilles.

Defrost
April 28th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Oh great, now he no sold me tearing his achilles.

:hyper: Finish him off

takerson
April 28th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Hahaha. Someone in my NXT group was pissy to the point of not wanting to come that Cena was gonna be there this Thursday. Looks like that's probably not happening now. :lol: Sucks for the other 500 people who sold the place out in under 2 hours because Cena was going to be there, but it's great for us regulars, because when a bigger star is there, a good 100 people hang out afterwards to try and catch the big star (who's ALWAYS smuggled out in a tinted-windowed SUV with Triple H), but it causes Security to tell us to leave earlier before anybody else comes out, which sucks. Now I don't have to worry about that.

Andy
April 28th, 2013, 10:44 AM
FINISH. IT

McBain
April 28th, 2013, 10:49 AM
WWE better not be merking us again.

Fanny Batter
April 28th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Cena is starting to fall apart. Their reliance on him means he's never really had the time to rehab an injury properly, even though he's been in the wars a lot since that initial shoulder injury in 2007. The answer of course is to give the poor bastard the summer off, but their absolute refusal to have any regulars look consistently good against the "superstars" means they'd have nobody to replace him with. I hope they still do give him time off and sink or swim with the rest of the lads, but I think we all know it'd just mean shifting Orton in there.

Kotre
April 28th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Nah, Cena's probably still going to be there. He probably won't wrestle, but he still lives in the area so making an appearance isn't exactly too tough for him.

Assuming that Cena's able to work on it for a few weeks, and WWE are smart (read: do what I would) they'll not acknowledge the injury on air and keep Cena doing minimal ring work (I'm thinking short tag matches or nothing at all) and have Ryback destroy him at ER.

takerson
April 28th, 2013, 10:53 AM
SHUT UP KOTRE! :lol:

JRSlim21
April 28th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Maybe they can swap Cena and Kobe Bryant, and see who can tell the difference....

In all seriousness, I would love for them to keep Cena off TV if this is legit. Actually give him some time to rest. It would be an interesting dynamic because now they have no Cena and no Punk. Who steps up?

Kneeneighbor
April 28th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Believe in the Shield

HHHnFoley_Rulez
April 28th, 2013, 11:58 AM
He'll come out on crutches for weeks, limp into the PPV to face Ryback. Ryback will toy with him for 25minutes, mocking his ankle injury.

Then AA, pins him, then dances around with the belt no-selling the ankle because it was all a ruse.

Yey Cena.

Kyle_242
April 28th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Guys, Cena NEVER QUITS, NEVER GIVES UP.

His HEART and DETERMINATION will see him overcome this adversity and TRIUMPH over Ryback!

That and deer antler spray

Andy
April 28th, 2013, 12:13 PM
It's not really a case of who steps up, it's a case of who they want to put in the main event until Cena comes back (if this is legit). Sheamus or Orton being the two likely candidates.

VHS
April 28th, 2013, 12:15 PM
With all the odds stacked against him, how will John Cena overcome these odds?

With all the odds stacked against him, how will John Cena overcome these odds?

Kimura Kid
April 28th, 2013, 12:18 PM
It's not really a case of who steps up, it's a case of who they want to put in the main event until Cena comes back (if this is legit). Sheamus or Orton being the two likely candidates.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/061/0/5/cm_punk_wwe_champion_2_by_ratedrko2013-d5woj2h.png

Beer-Belly
April 28th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Punk's not turning face anytime soon, so I'm not sure how they could just slot him in to Cena's spot.

Kimura Kid
April 28th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Why does the champion need to be a face? lmao, I'm lost.

Obviously he wouldn't become some ubber face to take Cena's spot. But he's the biggest name the company has to carry the torch in Cena's absence

Hero!
April 28th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Cena out, Punk gone for now, Rey still injured, Trips is part time, Taker ain't gonna be around for long...

Its time. It's THE DAZZLER TIME

Beer-Belly
April 28th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Well, Ryback's a heel. No way they do a heel vs. heel match.

VHS
April 28th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Wonderful how WWE is left with so little options because John's hurt again. They should have started making new top guys over a year ago and all we have to look forward to is at least Ryback.

Wonderful.

The Law
April 28th, 2013, 1:32 PM
Okay, so let's posit that it's a partial tear or something along those lines. If it was a full rupture he'd be back in the states for surgery immediately because he wouldn't even be able to walk. If he has surgery he's out for several months.

Their options:

Ryback-I don't like it. He's not over, is totally unproven and inexperienced in the ring, and is just establishing his heel character. To date, he's had exactly two one-on-one PPV matches of any real substance, and the Henry match at Wrestlemania was pretty bad. Not someone who is ready to be carrying the title long-term.

Sheamus-A legitimate option. He's a co-#2 babyface with Orton. He's unproven as a draw: he has exactly one PPV main event singles match to his name despite being a multiple time world champion. Sweet Jesus, I hate title inflation. Good worker, acceptable promo. Not much to the character, but it's not like Cena has a great character. One of the better options.

Orton-Experienced and proven. Has loads of credibility and is over despite doing nothing of any significance in the past year. Has main evented a lot of PPVs in his time and generally drawn respectable numbers. On the downside, he's been coasting for the past year. Also seems uninterested in playing babyface right now. Best option would probably be to have him turn heel and win the title, then re-do his path of destruction from early 2009 where he was punting everyone.

Del Rio-I don't know. I thought he did a good job with his most recent run as World Heavyweight Champion. Might be worth testing to see if an Hispanic champion on Raw would boost viewership among that demographic. Had the WWE title before and didn't do much with it, although I think he was a victim of circumstance more than a reflection of his abilities. I feel like the crowd likes him but doesn't really love him. I think he's a Smackdown guy and giving him the belt on Raw probably isn't a great idea.

CM Punk-Hate to drag him back on the road when he's getting his first break in years. Obviously, he can carry the title with credibility. On the other hand, his run as champion didn't involve him main eventing any PPVs other than against Rock and Cena (with the exception of Ryback at Hell in a Cell). I would say he should take however much time he had planned to take off and then return in a few months as a fresh challenger for whoever the new champion is.

Dolph Ziggler-Wild card, but he's not ready to be a unified champion. Still gaining credibility as the junior champion. Probably not a good enough talker to be the top guy in the company. His one big PPV main event (against Cena at TLC) drew a really terrible number (170,000 buys). In his defense, the December PPV always draws poorly and that show was hurt by the cancellation of the Punk/Ryback match. Not his time yet.

Daniel Bryan-They won't give it to him, but I think he would do better than anyone would expect if he did.

So among these options, I think Orton turning heel and winning the title is probably the best. I think Ryback getting the belt is probably the most likely scenario, as they seem pretty devoted to the guy. Maybe he'll grow into the role. Hopefully Cena's injury is either kayfabe or minor.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
April 28th, 2013, 1:32 PM
Cena out, Punk gone for now, Rey still injured, Trips is part time, Taker ain't gonna be around for long...

Its time. It's THE DAZZLER TIME

:chin: It'd make sense...

Ryback wins, starts to call himself "The Bear" .. and you know who hates bears...

..aside from Ric Flair..

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p480x480/8147_10151377891931443_363972942_n.png

virms
April 28th, 2013, 1:52 PM
Cena has already tweeted the injury is not that bad. I wouldn't think he would lie. :shifty:

chatty
April 28th, 2013, 2:15 PM
Cena has already tweeted the injury is not that bad. I wouldn't think he would lie. :shifty:

And said he'll be at raw so it cant be anything that bad

Mr_Nobody
April 28th, 2013, 2:20 PM

Unless they're going to hide the severity of the injury to write him off for storyline purposes on RAW.

Jaymz
April 28th, 2013, 2:41 PM
They need to give Cena the summer off, then have him pair up with Punk and Brock as heel part-timers who got bashed up because they 'carried' the company. Face off against any combination of DBry/Kane/Sheamus/Face Ziggler/Anyone not named Orton, and you've got money.

Throw a few more guys into the mix and you've got a better survivor series line up than the shit they had last year

Hero!
April 28th, 2013, 2:47 PM
So, even if they write Cena off or have him come out and forfeit the title, who wrestles Ryback at ER for the belt? Orton or Sheamus are probably the only two options unless Punk rushes back to reclaim the title he never lost.

Kotre
April 28th, 2013, 3:09 PM

Or he hasn't had a chance to have it looked at yet, will be at Raw because he's John fucking Cena and will be getting the damage assessed later.

Zacharie
April 28th, 2013, 4:35 PM
That will suck if Ryback wins the title from anyone but Punk or Cena. No one else besides Rock has come close to that belt in the last two years. If Punk's condition is good, they could just have him work Extreme Rules, and then have Ryback 'injure' him. Ryback gets a win that means something and Punk has a feud for when he returns for real.

Excel
April 28th, 2013, 6:00 PM
Guys, come on. This is Cena. He will take a raw or two off from wrestling but will still be there. Then he'll be back as if nothing ever happened. We all know this deep down. We were only once lucky enough to have no Cena for more than a single raw. In all his time on raw I'm sure he has never missed two or more episodes in a row other than that one injury.

now prepped to be proved wrong by someone but we all still know this is exactly what will happen.

The Law
April 28th, 2013, 6:06 PM
He's had two major injuries. He missed three months with a torn pectoral muscle in 2007-2008 and three months with a neck injury in 2008.

Excel
April 28th, 2013, 6:08 PM
Wow I have no recollection of the first one.

JRSlim21
April 28th, 2013, 6:17 PM
That was when he came back and won the Rumble in the #30 spot at MSG.

ReDPath
April 28th, 2013, 7:39 PM
Epic rant on Cena.

Cliff notes I happen to agree with 98%. The part I happen to agree with most in bold.

1. Still cuts bad promos - like the week before mania most recently
2. Still burying young talent - Ryback and the shield most recently
3. The 'redemption' title run - We've seen this before, what does he have to redeem himself for, he's given everything all the time
4. Still refuses to turn heel
5. His matches are still boring - couple 'good' matches on raw before mania most recently
6. He's still corny as fuck/phony/not believable - you have to be 5 years old to connect with Cena
7. The Superman gimmick - WWE saying we enjoy it, and we enjoy it because of his 'super' strength
8. He's the king of the pg goofballs - lot of pg goofballs on raw, and he's the king
9. After 10 years of being shoved down our throats, being the face of company, he STILL NEEDS other people to get over. Why do they need to bring back other people to get him over? Shouldn't he be over by now? If he's not over, then why is he the champion? He SHOULD be over. Thats why need the Rock to convince us how good/great Cena is, because people don't buy it naturally

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKQ-g6jQcqw

kangus
April 28th, 2013, 7:41 PM
Do you have brain damage?

Judas Iscariot
April 28th, 2013, 8:11 PM
Ahahahahha

Judas Iscariot
April 28th, 2013, 8:11 PM
BTW RIP Brain Damage. The sawzall spot on Jon Moxley was brilliant.

Atty
April 28th, 2013, 8:31 PM
Brock murdering Cena and making him tap to some achilles lock deal would be class. F5 his leg into the ring post and tap him. Then take a long dump on the title.

virms
April 28th, 2013, 8:40 PM
Brock should just come and win every title tomorrow night on Raw.

McBain
April 28th, 2013, 8:49 PM
Brock murdering Cena and making him tap to some achilles lock deal would be class. F5 his leg into the ring post and tap him. Then take a long dump on the title.

Or better still, EAT the title and shit it out, then smear the remains on Cena's stupid fucking face.

Atty
April 28th, 2013, 8:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FYq7M.gif%20

mth
April 28th, 2013, 9:25 PM
From JR's blog:

WWE.com reporting that WWE Champion John Cena has sustained an injury while on the European Tour. The report states that Cena has issues with his right, Achilles tendon which can be a dicey matter. Achilles injuries can be puzzling especially if they aren't torn and don't require surgery. In other words these types of injuries can linger if one doesn't get the proper rest and allow the tendon to heal. The injury is legit as Cena has been suffering through this matter for several days even though he hasn't missed any bookings. Always said the man has the work ethic and toughness of an offensive lineman which is a good thing.

lotjx
April 28th, 2013, 9:29 PM
I don't think its legit, but we will see.

Ochoa
April 28th, 2013, 10:40 PM
It's likely not that bad. But if it were, there's only one option. Put the belt on Fandango. ChaChaLaLa FTW!

Badger
April 29th, 2013, 11:44 AM
He's likely been spinning U2 records.