PDA

View Full Version : Triple H calls The Shield "#TheRealDeal"

Psycho666Soldier
April 25th, 2013, 8:14 PM
From the main page:

- WWE COO Triple H was asked on Twitter about which Shield member he is most impressed with. He replied:
"Honestly.... All of them #realdeal"

If you don't believe now, you better. BELIEVE IN THE FUCKING SHIELD!!!!

Seriously, that's one hell of an endorsement. It also gives me even more confidence than I already had in The Shield's future. As long as Vince or any writers don't fuck it up.

Ringo
April 25th, 2013, 8:23 PM
It's been reported that Trips was the driving force behind their debut and push and that they're almost a pet project or something, has it not? Not surprised in the comment, but yeah, certainly helps to be favoured by the higher ups at this early stage.

Psycho666Soldier
April 25th, 2013, 8:27 PM
I think I remember hearing something about that, too. It's just awesome to keep getting that constant affirmation that they're so supported. I mean, as a whole, they have so much talent. Most of us could go on for days about Ambrose, but Rollins and Reigns have really stepped it up. I even really like Rollins' promos these days. They all complement each other wonderfully, and I really hope we don't even see hints of a split until after WrestleMania next year.

Ringo
April 25th, 2013, 8:32 PM
Yeah, I see them lasting until at least Summerslam and possibly breaking up after that - but I hope they can be just a little patient and keep them going until either just before Mania or just after. This is working well, there's lots of things they can do, Reigns can continue to develop rather than be unleashed too soon, etc.

Zacharie
April 25th, 2013, 8:33 PM
Didn't he also say that he doesn't want to call anyone up to the roster without having long term plans first? Shield might be the reason behind Ambrose's debut being pushed so far back. Who knows what he'd be stuck doing if they didn't wait it out.

Judas Iscariot
April 25th, 2013, 8:54 PM
#believeinHHH

I think he gets things.

The Law
April 25th, 2013, 8:58 PM
So who thought that Triple H would turn out to be an internet smart mark's wet dream of an executive?

virms
April 25th, 2013, 8:59 PM
I always loved the guy. ALWAYS

Psycho666Soldier
April 25th, 2013, 9:55 PM
I always loved the guy. ALWAYS

Count me in that boat.

Except for when he was a heel while I was a kid. That doesn't count, though.

Mark Hammer
April 25th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Great. Triple H should show up and challenge the Shield for a match at Summerslam. Takes a mugging from all three guys making them look really "good" for about 15 minutes before pedigreeing them all and winning the match.

Kneeneighbor
April 25th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Always been a HHH fan here as well.

I think the thing to do with the shield is hold off till post Mania for a break up. Thats the time they can experiment a little when typically some of the mega names take some time off and the part timers are gone.

Psycho666Soldier
April 25th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Great. Triple H should show up and challenge the Shield for a match at Summerslam. Takes a mugging from all three guys making them look really "good" for about 15 minutes before pedigreeing them all and winning the match.

I'd rather Taker and Hell No beat them at Extreme Rules in a rematch, as Taker feels like the best person to humble them. THEN TAG TITLE REIGN. Then Triple H comes in as the one to stop them(maybe with NAO, or Hell No, or PERHAPS somehow mixing in HBK) at SummerSlam, but comes out losing, because he's not quite as good as Taker(remembering history from WrestleMania). Shield just run roughshod as the best Tag Team Champions of this generation until Hell In a Cell or Survivor Series at the earliest. WrestleMania 30 if they show some patience, as I believe Ringo said somewhere.

JRSlim21
April 25th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Just to spark up debate, when the Shield eventually break up... who goes babyface? Someone has to. The odds would be on Rollins but promo-wise, he's a terrible face as opposed to a comfortable heel as he is right now.

Kneeneighbor
April 25th, 2013, 10:52 PM
^^^ I smell a Wilfreds debate topic ^^^

Psycho666Soldier
April 25th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Just to spark up debate, when the Shield eventually break up... who goes babyface? Someone has to. The odds would be on Rollins but promo-wise, he's a terrible face as opposed to a comfortable heel as he is right now.

I would imagine Rollins going face would be the type of mistake WWE would make, but perhaps that would mean he would move on to team with someone else who could use some time to brush up on skills, or someone who has more charisma but isn't immediately exciting in the ring. Who knows, maybe Reigns AND Rollins would break away from Ambrose and somehow go face...or who's to say in a situation like that, they wouldn't all stay heel?

Honestly, though, I feel the money's on Reigns. He'd be good as a heel, but he makes an awesome face. His time as Leakee, particularly toward the end, was pretty great. The fans were into it, and he has such a great aura about him in the ring. You want to pull for the guy. Sometimes as a heel, he's just more annoying.

Andy
April 26th, 2013, 4:19 AM
I wouldn't bet against them all going face before one of them going heel again. They're so prominent at the moment and so over that it would only take a beatdown on a heel for the fans to start cheering them I think.

Andy
April 26th, 2013, 4:21 AM
Also I was thinking about an angle I'd like to see with The Shield. It would be great if they went into a PPV and interfered in every single match. They win the tag titles in the opener, then go on to either cause havoc or outright cost someone the match in every other match. Have every single title change hands and then they come out the next night and brag about how they are capable of changing the landscape of the entire company in three hours.

Judas Iscariot
April 26th, 2013, 4:47 AM
That is brilliant.

son_of_foley
April 26th, 2013, 4:48 AM
You have to be very careful basically voiding a ppv card that people have paid for though.

Andy
April 26th, 2013, 5:01 AM
I wouldn't call it basically voiding it. It would create a huge angle and you can still give people all the matches as advertised. They can still be good matches, they just all end in shenanigans.

Judas Iscariot
April 26th, 2013, 5:10 AM
And what it could EASILY do is build up the buy rate of the next PPV to see what the hell is going to happen.

I know that if something like that happened at one of the dead PPVs between now and Summerslam, I'd wind up actually buying whichever one happened the following month. The usual buyers will buy it anyway, no?

That whole unpredictability thing is what got things going again back in the day.

So take a post-Mania PPV, have The Shield just fuck everything up and do what Andy said.

BOOM big summer angle.

Andy
April 26th, 2013, 5:29 AM
Book it Trips.

OD50
April 26th, 2013, 5:33 AM
Reminds me too much of when the nWo and later Sid Vicious would run out and interfere in every match/segment on Nitro in 1997-1999. Those shows were annoying and sucked pretty hard.

Andy
April 26th, 2013, 5:45 AM
Only has to happen once though.

Andy
April 26th, 2013, 5:47 AM
Plus if they did it in front of a hot crowd and had the titles changes being stuff like Ziggler winning the WHC, Bryan beating Cena for the WWE title, they'd be going absolutely nuts. And if they did it after MITB there'd be the added drama of someone coming out to cash in after a Shield beatdown. If done right it could be an amazing PPV.

Judas Iscariot
April 26th, 2013, 6:02 AM
Andy is just a good person.

WWE has to be looking for new folks to get over anyhow. Cena isn't going to last forever.

The Shield came up and their first promo was about injustices that they had watched while they were down in NXT.

Have them fuck up a PPV.

Bryan is over as FUCK. Have him take the title from Cena. Then see how it goes. If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work. But imagine him taking the title? The fucking guy is over as shit in places like Arkansas, FFS.

It can bring in a new school vs old school dynamic, and after them causing this they don't even have to be involved going forward. Young faces and heels alike could benefit and those feuds can still exist between whoever was fighting for the belts.

And if whoever gets the belts doesn't get over, whatever, it's the dog days of spring/summer. It's experimentation time. Blowoffs at Summerslam for what doesn't work, extensions for what does going into Survivor Series, BOOM.

Andy is a brilliant Scottish man.

son_of_foley
April 26th, 2013, 8:08 AM
I wouldn't call it basically voiding it. It would create a huge angle and you can still give people all the matches as advertised. They can still be good matches, they just all end in shenanigans.

I think you have to be careful about it. I know people went bananas over no finishes etc on PPV so if you have every match end in shield interference it could rub people the wrong way.

I would like them to be involved in 4 title matches. Tag, US, IC and one the heavyweight belts. Win them all on the same night and then have them going after the remaining heavyweight title perhaps culminating in a unification.

I think having them interfere and get really intertwined with the fabric of the show is a great idea but I think it does come with some risk. That would be mitigated if they called out their intention to see justice served though.

Psycho666Soldier
April 26th, 2013, 8:57 AM
It's one of those things that could easily assuage those who would complain with a Post-RAW promo, or in the least a mention on the PPV before it goes out. I would probably be against it just a bit, but definitely having them fuck with all the title matches for one PPV with the same idea in mind could be epic.

Andy
April 26th, 2013, 8:59 AM
I really don't think it would be that risky, we're talking about one PPV and the whole idea would be to piss people off. If they booked it smartly they could have people cash in (possibly literally) on the mayhem to ensure the fans have a couple of big wins to cheer for as well as put over how much mayhem The Shield actually caused.

Psycho666Soldier
April 26th, 2013, 9:10 AM
I'm all for the idea, mostly because if booked right, it can subvert all the usual criticism.

JP
April 26th, 2013, 9:12 AM
Also I was thinking about an angle I'd like to see with The Shield. It would be great if they went into a PPV and interfered in every single match. They win the tag titles in the opener, then go on to either cause havoc or outright cost someone the match in every other match. Have every single title change hands and then they come out the next night and brag about how they are capable of changing the landscape of the entire company in three hours.

I hate most fantasy booking, but this is fucking genius.