PDA

View Full Version : NEXT next list reveal topic

The Rick
April 21st, 2013, 8:43 PM
What topic would you like to see next?

- Best Xbox game
- Best PC game
- Best game character(vilian, Hero, NPC, whatever)
- Best Gameboy Advanced game
- Worst Game of all time

The Rick
April 21st, 2013, 9:13 PM
I'm not quite ready for the PS2 list. With that console being owned by a big majority on here, I think that the PS2 list will be quite large.(the PS1 list was the biggest thus far). Also Sony games tend to have more title changes from sea to sea in my experience thus far. I will do it, but just not yet.

G-Fresh
April 21st, 2013, 9:17 PM
Best game character sounds good.

mr sabu
April 21st, 2013, 9:18 PM
not pc.......... list is too hard

Kdestiny
April 21st, 2013, 9:24 PM
I like game character. Could have a lot of variety

Atty
April 21st, 2013, 10:55 PM
XBOX or Game Character would be the only two I would really get fired up for. Game character could be a great change of pace.

The Doc
April 21st, 2013, 11:50 PM
Game Character. It's gonna have a lot of variation though so the winner could easily be rather random. There are only a few that are really guaranteed top spots and it wouldn't shock me at all if the #1 character didn't get past 5th place on anybody's list.

I'm not sure enough people even had X-boxes for that to be a list that isn't Halo, Halo 2. . .wait there were other games on this system? And this from a guy who last gen got my X-box first and my PS2 last.

Jimmy Zero
April 22nd, 2013, 12:29 AM
Game character is the only choice that holds any interest for me.

The Rick
April 22nd, 2013, 12:32 AM
Best game character seemed like a pretty good idea. I personally like GBA, and I think it would give many of you ideas for ROMs to get for your smart phones. So you could get a GBA emulator. There are so many good GBA games. Mark Hammer's favorite Final Fantasy is on there.

Mills
April 22nd, 2013, 1:14 AM
Game character would be really fun

Matthew
April 22nd, 2013, 1:15 AM
favorite button on a controller

Kdestiny
April 22nd, 2013, 1:19 AM
Least Favorite.

I would have to go with L1 or R1

G-Fresh
April 22nd, 2013, 9:35 AM
The black ones with white letters.

JP
April 22nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Hardest Game, Most Played Game

Just something a little bit different.

Matty C
April 22nd, 2013, 11:33 AM
Game character would surely be Godzilla from Godzilla Unleashed.

JP
April 22nd, 2013, 11:35 AM
We do Game Character and Leisure Suit Larry better be on that shindig.

Dreyski
April 22nd, 2013, 12:39 PM
Best game character will be Mario. PC games please.

Kdestiny
April 22nd, 2013, 1:10 PM
Best Game Character could easily be Link... I feel like there are so many options and I'd like to finally have the knowledge to participate for once.

Vice
April 22nd, 2013, 2:29 PM
Best bosses could be a fun one at some point.

Atty
April 22nd, 2013, 2:38 PM
As in best boss fights, as opposed to best villains? If so, I'd be down like Donkey Kong.

Vice
April 22nd, 2013, 2:46 PM
Boss fights themselves, with my top two obviously being Shadow of the Colossus and I Wanna Be the Boshy.

Kneeneighbor
April 22nd, 2013, 2:52 PM

Bo Fucking Jackson

Kyle_242
April 22nd, 2013, 3:13 PM
Came into this with "Best PC" on my mind, walked out with "Best Character". I think it'd be fun to have a more meta game poll than a console-specific one, just to mix it up a bit.

I also think it'd have a really interesting top 5. Who's a given? Mario? Snake? Bowser? Link? That naked indian from Custer's Revenge?

Let's do it.

Fro
April 22nd, 2013, 3:18 PM
Mario would get my #1 vote off the top of my head, but, it depends on what criteria we use. By saying Mario is the best video game character what I'm really saying is that Mario is the best video game franchise, because obviously there's not much to his character in terms of depth. In that sense, RPG and more story-oriented game characters would be vastly superior to someone like Mario or Sonic.

Kyle_242
April 22nd, 2013, 3:37 PM
You would also see a shameless campaign by me for Big Boss. Even though it would entirely split the Solid Snake vote, of which there probably isn't a ton to begin with.

But hey....BIG BOSS!

Matty C
April 22nd, 2013, 3:45 PM
John Marston would be near the top of my list having still not played MGS.

*cue Beefy giving me a verbal beatdown.

Vice
April 22nd, 2013, 3:55 PM
I would have a bitch of a time choosing the order of GLaDOS, Cave Johnson, and Wheatley for my top 3.

Matthew
April 22nd, 2013, 4:12 PM
best mini-boss

that dragon dude in the first level of wily's castle in mega man 2

Vice
April 22nd, 2013, 4:47 PM
He was an actual boss.

wardy
April 22nd, 2013, 5:02 PM
Guybrush Threepwood is the best computer game character ever and the rest of the list should include various other Monkey Island people.

The Doc
April 22nd, 2013, 5:15 PM
My issue with best character is I suspect that he'd get #1 and without many #1 votes. He might be #10 on every list but since Dante, Gordan Freeman, Kratos, Solid Snake, Kirby, Samus, Sonic the Hedgehog and everybody's personal kinks split up all the rest of the number one slots it would just be the oddest list ever.

Wow, I'm fucking Dense sometimes. I saw "best Boss" and was wondering how many bosses there are in games, usually I'm in charge of my own self.

That would probably have the same problem unless we did an initial draw and then a vote, secret ballots. . .shit how many Megaman bosses are there? 8x9+6. Then X gives us 8x8. Yeah. That's not gonna get real ugly real fast. Could be fun though.

Vice
April 22nd, 2013, 6:00 PM
With best bosses, I was thinking combined, not individual.

So, a vote for Shadow of the Colossus would get you all 16 Colossi, Mega Man 2 gets you all 8 robot masters, the Wily bosses, etc., Metal Gear Solid gets you Psycho Mantis, Vulcan Raven, Sniper Wolf, etc., and BOSHY gets you Ryu, Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Shang Tsung, Ganon, Missingno, Hell(o) Kitty, Biollante, Skeleton King and an evil box of oatmeal. Because it's brilliant. :cool:

Individual would be madness. I should have been more clear.

JP
April 22nd, 2013, 6:20 PM
Guybrush Threepwood is the best computer game character ever and the rest of the list should include various other Monkey Island people.

Speaking of, whatever happened to Wedge?

The Rick
April 22nd, 2013, 7:07 PM
Clementine from The Walking Dead :cry:

Kdestiny
April 22nd, 2013, 7:16 PM
I think Lee would be a good choice too.

I recently replayed LA Noire and would probably put Cole Phelps on the list too

MMH
April 22nd, 2013, 7:30 PM

Why will it be? His games are good but Mario himself is a bit of a knob. He aint even the best brother.

Anaconda Sniper
April 22nd, 2013, 7:45 PM
Game character! I'd be surprised to who would really win.

Dreyski
April 23rd, 2013, 4:23 PM
Why will it be? His games are good but Mario himself is a bit of a knob. He aint even the best brother.

I know you've seperated game and character but I'm betting most others wouldn't do that. Mario 64 (launch title) was just voted the second best N64 game on here. It's not even the 2nd best game of its genre on the N64. Super Mario World (launch title) was voted best SNES game on here. That's the Mario effect.

The Doc
April 23rd, 2013, 4:42 PM
Mario 64 is debatably the best of it's genre on the N64, it certainly craps all over DK64. I don't disagree with the Mario effect though and after Vice qualified what he meant as far as Bosses goes. . .I still think it would be crazy when you remember Megs has 16 games to pull from and there are lot of oddities (how many Bosses are there in Punch Out?) out there still that could be an interesting game, I just suspect that it would be a tad insane rather quickly.

Not to mention I suspect that nostalgia might be an even bigger factor here than normally. I mean what Zelda bosses do you remember? Now how many of them have been repeated in several Zelda games? It's gotten to the point that when a wizard expects you to play Tennis with him that only noobs are surprised. The rest of us are all, derp derp, of course that's what's up.

Atty
April 24th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Came into this with "Best PC" on my mind, walked out with "Best Character". I think it'd be fun to have a more meta game poll than a console-specific one, just to mix it up a bit.

I also think it'd have a really interesting top 5. Who's a given? Mario? Snake? Bowser? Link? That naked indian from Custer's Revenge?

Let's do it.

Revan and Shepard. That would be my one and two in some order.

Beer-Belly
April 24th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Fucking blasphemy.

Matthew
April 25th, 2013, 1:32 AM
He was an actual boss.he is a mini boss

Vice
April 25th, 2013, 1:58 AM
Actual boss. You beat him and the level is over.

Matthew
April 25th, 2013, 3:18 AM
dude fuck your propaganda

mini boss

MMH
April 25th, 2013, 7:45 AM
Fucking blasphemy.

I would hate to be one of his customers. He would never turn up to fix my taps or something because he is too busy saving the Princess.

JP
April 25th, 2013, 8:04 AM
Thank you Mario!

But the burst water main is in another castle!

Kyle_242
April 25th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Bonk > Mario

Vice
April 25th, 2013, 2:37 PM
dude fuck your propaganda

mini boss

Boss.

Atty
April 25th, 2013, 2:56 PM
Can I count Silent Hill as a character?

G-Fresh
April 25th, 2013, 6:55 PM
Can I count your mom as a character?

Atty
April 25th, 2013, 9:42 PM
She is!

mr sabu
April 26th, 2013, 8:06 AM
we all know zombie number 1 from dead rising will be best character

plus worst game ever might be

a call of duty game, superman 64, the bomberman on 360, shaq fu or et for the atari

Atty
April 26th, 2013, 10:50 AM
I'd vote for AssCreed 3

Kdestiny
April 26th, 2013, 1:43 PM
I'd vote for AssCreed 3

i don't even think that's the worst AC game

The Doc
April 26th, 2013, 2:17 PM
Maybe I need to spend more than just the first few hours of it but AssCreed 3 is better than the original in the bits that I played.

Worst game is kinda crazy. Half the games on the list are games most of us didn't play like Superman 64. We know it sucks but that's because we were warned. For my money it's no tas bad as Final Fantasy the Mystic Quest which isn't as bad Bebe's Kids (which might very well be the worst game ever) Bubsy 3D deserves an honorable mention

Atty
April 26th, 2013, 2:28 PM
i don't even think that's the worst AC game

Coming off what they had done with the fantastic AC 2 and Brotherhood games, AC 3 should have been one of the best games ever. The system was in place and they chose a unique and diverse setting (the American Revolution) and proceeded to create one of the most boring gaming experiences I've ever had.

Mystic Quest was MUCH better than AC 3. At least that had a giant spider to fight.

Vice
April 26th, 2013, 2:53 PM
Coming off what they had done with the fantastic AC 2 and Brotherhood games, AC 3 should have been one of the best games ever. The system was in place and they chose a unique and diverse setting (the American Revolution) and proceeded to create one of the most boring gaming experiences I've ever had.

Agree with this 100%.

The first time I played the original Assassin's Creed, I only got like 3 assassinations in before I got bored and gave up, because it was very repetitive. Also because I helped every citizen, climbed every tower, did every single recon mission, etc., because sometimes I can be a bit of a completionist. Having just beaten Brotherhood and Revelations with a few weeks to go until 3 came out, I decided to re-buy the first one and just burn through it. I only did slightly above the minimum amount, and holy crap I enjoyed it. It's straight forward, very fun, and quite satisfying.. though the guards could be a little less WANTING TO SEE YOU DEAD EVERY 3 SECONDS and a little easier to escape from time to time.

So that all got me more pumped for AC3. American Revolution.. great story setup with ol' half native American protagonist.. GEORGE WASHINGTON.. this is a game that couldn't suck unless they really tried. And they did. The first like 5 hours of the game almost seems like a "..do you reaaaaaaaaally want to play this game?" kind of test. It was twice as bad as Zelda: Twilight Princess, which I had previously said a number of times has one of the worst openings of a big game. I could have forgiven AC3 if it got really awesome right as you get your assassin's coat, but it doesn't. You get it and then have to fuck about as Desmond. And then it's just the same old shit, really.

While I wouldn't say it's the worst game ever from a gameplay/story/technical/whatever standpoint, it's definitely one of the most disappointing gaming experiences of mine.

Kyle_242
April 26th, 2013, 3:48 PM
Worst game sounds much more fun than it actually would be.

People forget that there is no shortage of terrible, terrible, terrible games out there. Like, unplayably terrible.

We might as well all take pictures of our poo and vote on the one with the most crowd appeal.

Vice
April 26th, 2013, 3:59 PM
Yeah, it'd be a huge mess. I think I made a long post about it before, too.

I think "most disappointing game" could actually have some potential in the future. Whether it be new games that get hyped up a lot only to underperform, or sequels that make you wonder if they ever even played the original, etc.

Kyle_242
April 26th, 2013, 4:03 PM
I like that idea. I'm not sure how well people remember the hype after the fact though.

For example, Daikatana would probably fly under the radar, but that game was supposed to be the Citizen Kane of shooters at some point.

Kdestiny
April 26th, 2013, 4:14 PM
Alone in the Dark was as bad if not worse than the movie

The Doc
April 27th, 2013, 6:54 AM
While it's not dissapointing I think Street Fighter II wins the "did you play the original" award.

Dreyski
April 27th, 2013, 4:56 PM
Worst game would be a trainwreck. Everyone would choose a different game, or put a game in on the word of AVGN or Spoony without actually playing it themselves.

The Rick
April 27th, 2013, 6:20 PM
Worst game would entail only the worst games you have personally played. After that I just have to rely on the honor system.

Atty
April 27th, 2013, 7:34 PM
Spoony is a retard.

Dreyski
April 28th, 2013, 2:23 PM
You'd be surprised how influential some retards can be. (But honestly, who would buy a signed picture of him?)

Vice
April 28th, 2013, 2:41 PM
I remember being slightly disappointed that I didn't have a Wii when Metroid: Other M came out. Yes, it turned out that it actually sucked, but I still had some hope for it. I was talking with Deewun, a guy that used to post here, on MSN and I mentioned being a bit down about it. He was just like "cheer up, man, I have it on good authority that the game is a giant pile of shit, so don't worry".. and that's not exactly something you say to someone. Then he proceeds to post like two or three quotes about how shit it is. I ask who said that, and he just says something along the lines of "I'm not saying, but it's a very reliable, trusted source".. so I use the power of Google and find out that the reliable, trusted, good authority is... Spoony.

Spoony.

Ugh. He has done one or two things I find mildly amusing, but he is a gigantic fucktard about pretty much everything.

Atty
April 28th, 2013, 3:59 PM
I remember you telling me about that. He was sending that shit around while I was stupidly excited to have a Super Metroid sequel and I was getting quotes from the retard Spoony while I was playing it. Very annoying, but made me like the game more out of spite.

The shame in that game is that the gameplay was solid, it just never committed to itself. The story was wank and made Samus look weak, but the actual playing bits were fun and could have been great had they focused on side-scrolling more. I felt let down every time I had the camera in behind me or went to first person to aim.

The Rick
April 28th, 2013, 4:54 PM
They should have gone on with the fps versions of Metriod. Leave the 2D on handhelds. I know that sounds like blasphemy, but sometimes you have to leave the past in the past. Give Super Metriod a nice HD high rez gloss, and be done with it. The prime series was pretty good for all it was worth. I just don't think you're going to satisfy enough people with a new console 2D disc release. Maybe you let a new studio cut their teeth on a dlc 2D console Metriod game.