PDA

View Full Version : Broadchurch...

turdpower
April 19th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Anyone watching?

Who do you think did it?

For me, I think it's

DI Miller's husband. Reasons are two fold:

When Miller was interviewing that one from Birds of a Feather, she questioned how she could not know what her husband was doing. Also he wasn't in that montage of suspects in the last episode.

Simon
April 19th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Movies forum dickhead

Alf
April 19th, 2013, 11:55 AM
What a skinny fat stupid shitcunt

turdpower
April 19th, 2013, 12:00 PM
To be honest, this would have gone in my old "not worth a thread" thread. As I bet nobody is watching it...

Rip
April 19th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Watched the first one, got the rest SKY+'d but can't be arsed to watch it really.

Bennedy
April 19th, 2013, 1:54 PM
Watched like the second episode. I bet it's David Tennant, he seems a bit mental in it.

turdpower
April 19th, 2013, 2:42 PM
Yeah, it's not Tennant. That makes no sense, this isn't WWE writing, this has actually been brilliant.

It's awesomely shot and Tennant is actually brilliant in it. No doubt a second one will happen.

Simon
May 2nd, 2013, 5:17 PM
I've just finished watching this - I called it as well turdy :D think this is the first time I have ever correctly called a whodunnit.

Stigger
February 13th, 2015, 2:37 PM
Anyone watching series 2? Thoughts?

Simon
February 13th, 2015, 2:39 PM
Thought it was completely shit for the first few episodes, and the whole premise shat all over the previous series by casting aside the finality of the dad being caught. But the last couple of episodes have been much better, the Lee Ashworth stuff is great. I could do without all the shit about Dr. Who being ill and the lawyer going blind, not interesting. Alan Hansen is excellent as Lee Ashworth.

Mills
February 13th, 2015, 3:18 PM
question though, I watched this in the US as Gracepoint. Could I watch season 2 of Broadchurch and follow along?

Mik
February 18th, 2015, 5:05 AM
Not really, not with any enjoyment really. Watch season 1 anyway, that's actually a decent whodunit whereas the second season, albeit compelling, is just very well shot stupidity.

RFF Champ
February 18th, 2015, 9:53 AM
question though, I watched this in the US as Gracepoint. Could I watch season 2 of Broadchurch and follow along?

Yes, as long as you could pick up who the respective characters are.

Simon
February 18th, 2015, 10:59 AM
It's a load of bollocks and I can't wait for it to end now. The Ashworth storyline has become so convoluted and tedious I don't even really know what the storyline is implying any more, is it some sort of wider conspiracy of a paedophile ring involving Ashworth, Claire and Ricky? Don't care about barrister woman going blind, DEFINITELY don't care that they've suddenly decided she's a lesbian, don't care about other barrister woman's jailed son, don't care about Dr. Who being ill, don't care about Olivia Colman's annoying kid, don't care about Sharon Theodollyplops turning up for ten minutes to try and implicate her retarded son. So many storylines that are tacked on or just not interesting. Funnily enough the only thing that still holds any interest is whether or not your man in the dock is going to be found guilty, which means the only good bit about the entire second season is something they already fucking dealt with in series one.

RFF Champ
February 18th, 2015, 11:29 AM
The first series was so measured in its storyline that every small link between the characters flowed to make a really interesting mystery. The second series is just a mix of frustrating happenstance that you can see a mile off. The bit where Hardy first let Ashworth see Claire in Ellie's house where Nigel just happened to be parked on the street to see them arrive, and phoned Beth who happened to turn up and go into labour to distract Ellie at the perfect time was the absolute worst. I felt like turning off at that point and it has got no better.