PDA

View Full Version : The 9th Annual Wilfred's Debates - Sign Up and Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cewsh
April 16th, 2013, 6:53 PM
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1289219855/rajahdotcom.jpg

Oh baby, it's that time of year again. It's time for us to pit the very best that the wrestling forums have to offer against one another in non-lethal debate based combat. And when it comes to non-lethal debate based wrestling related combat, there's nothing bigger or better than Wilfred's. And for the first time ever, the game of games is being run by your friendly neighborhood Cewsh.

Now we have a lot of newer posters around these days, so allow me to explain what the Wilfred's Debates are. Basically, it's a giant tournament where forum posters go one on one in a debate about various wrestling topics. Once they've finished bashing each other about the head with words, a judging panel composed of two former champions and a popular vote of the forum at large will decide the winner. Then that gentleman or lady will move on to the next round, all the way until we crown a new champion.

Each debate will consist of three posts. An opening argument and a counterpoint, that way we'll keep it short and people will be better able to finish their debates. Each debate will have a 72 hour time limit, a 350 word word limit, and videos and pictures are not only allowed, they're downright encouraged. Also, to finally address the issue of the first one to go or the second having the advantage, a coin will be flipped by me in advance to determine who goes first or second. Completely fair odds for everyone.

If you have any questions about the question you are given, or about how to proceed, please direct them to me BEFORE you post about them, to avoid troubles. Each post will be limited to 250 words, but unlimited pictures and videos, and each entrant will be allowed 3 posts, if time allows. You must wait your turn to post, meaning that you can't rattle off all three right from the get go, you have to post in turns with your opponent and, this is very fucking important, IF YOU GET THE COIN TOSS TO GO SECOND, YOUR INTRODUCTION POST CAN NOT BE A RESPONSE TO THE OTHER GUY'S INTRODUCTION POST. You must wait until your second post to begin debating what the other person has said. This is the only way to make this fair, it is not up for debate, and I will penalize your asses. So be fucking told.

Alright then. If you want to prove that you have what it takes to mix it up with the biggest, baddest and smartest people on the Rajah forums, then sign up and give it a go. There are no restrictions on who can sign up and participate, so long as you make at least 10 posts between now and the start of the game to prove that you will be active and participate. The first 16 people brave enough to brave the heights of greatness will make up our field. Will you be the next to put your name on the hallowed list of Rajah Legends? Well? Will you?

The game will officially begin on May 1st, 2013.

Here is a sample tie for reference. Some of the rules this time around will be different, but the concept remains the same: https://forums.rajah.com/showthread.php?141984-Wilfreds-Debate-VII-Round-1-Tie-5-Mazer-vs-kuremadman

Rip
April 16th, 2013, 7:48 PM
:wave:

Might as well see if the old fella has another year in him :D

Defrost
April 16th, 2013, 7:57 PM
eh sure why not. I'm in.

Vice
April 16th, 2013, 8:02 PM
If a slot needs to be filled, I will participate. Otherwise, I'm more than happy letting some newer folk participate.

Cewsh
April 16th, 2013, 8:15 PM
Some heavy hitters, right off the bat. Don't delay, boys and girls. Only 14 (maybe 13) spots to go.

Vice
April 16th, 2013, 8:23 PM
If you're reading this, Kimura Kid.. sign up.

Cewsh
April 16th, 2013, 8:26 PM
Yeah, seriously. This is a great way for up and coming new posters to make their name on this site.

Kdestiny
April 16th, 2013, 8:31 PM
May as well give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen?

Kimura Kid
April 16th, 2013, 8:33 PM
Count me In,

I read it right away, feared I would get demolished and then said fuck it when I saw Vice's Post. lol

Judas Iscariot
April 16th, 2013, 8:39 PM
JUDAS ISCARIOT WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE FOR THE FIRST TIME

Mills
April 16th, 2013, 8:41 PM
Im in, lets do it

kangus
April 16th, 2013, 8:44 PM
Wait, you guys use words and coherent thoughts to argue the merit of your argument? I just call other people stupid and throw things at them if they disagree. Works way better than your fancy language skills.

takerson
April 16th, 2013, 8:46 PM
I've always been intimidated by Wilfred's.... I've been a regular in "Fiction Fight" though. My losses have always been close calls, though I never came close to the finals. I've never been beaten easily, so I guess that means something.

Count me in.

The Red Spider
April 16th, 2013, 8:50 PM
Edit: Never mind.

The Law
April 16th, 2013, 8:55 PM
Sounds like it could be fun. I'll give it a go.

Cewsh
April 16th, 2013, 8:58 PM
Fantastic and varied crowd thus far. It's shaping up to be a great mix of rookies and veterans this year.

Red Spider, were you thinking of signing up?

virms
April 16th, 2013, 9:00 PM
I would like to be a judge but if not I will throw down and win this like I did fiction fight :shifty:

Vice
April 16th, 2013, 9:01 PM
Count me In,

I read it right away, feared I would get demolished and then said fuck it when I saw Vice's Post. lol

Some of the best posters here have had lots of trouble getting out of the first round, while some new posters and guys you'd least expect have gone quite far in this.

I've been in a bunch of these tournaments, and even won one of them, and I will honestly say that someone like me has just as much of a chance of getting knocked out in the first round as a guy like you. Maybe even greater. And very rarely is the final debate ever between two huge names in an epic clash of the titans. It's generally big poster vs. underdog, or even underdog vs. under..er..puppy.

You'll do fine. Trust me. :yes:

--

Speaking of which..

Cewsh, Badger, Matty, someone.. what has been the "biggest" main event in Wilfred's? I'm very curious about this now.

Cewsh
April 16th, 2013, 9:11 PM
I could swear that Badger and Matty C met in the finals one year. Which would be the biggest.

And for the record, I've competed in this 3 times, and made it to the second round, went out in the first round and made it to the semis. Winning this thing is tough.

Kev
April 16th, 2013, 9:12 PM
I did this a few years ago, and failed miserably, I'll have another crack I guess.

Do we even have 13-14 semi-regular posters on this board anymore..

Psycho666Soldier
April 16th, 2013, 9:16 PM
I'M IN!

Cewsh
April 16th, 2013, 9:16 PM
YES

We're already up to 10 entrants. Only 6 more to go.

Also, please realize that you guys are making a decent month long commitment with this. If you're iffy on wanting to do it, leave the spot open for someone else.

Fanny Batter
April 16th, 2013, 9:18 PM
I'll try and win the big one then, why not.

DDT
April 16th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Fuck it, I'm in; who'll beat me up in the opening round this year?

Kneeneighbor
April 16th, 2013, 10:26 PM
I wana play

Cewsh
April 16th, 2013, 10:57 PM
THREE MORE

virms
April 16th, 2013, 11:06 PM
I vote we lynch Cewsh.

Oh wait.

Psycho666Soldier
April 16th, 2013, 11:37 PM
VIRM. DEBATE. Don't be a sissy judge.

Cewsh
April 16th, 2013, 11:41 PM
He can't be. I specifically said that the two judges would be former champions.

Psycho666Soldier
April 16th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Perfect.

Also, I'm excited to see The Law get in on this. Could be his breakout performance. MAYBE HE'LL EVEN GET AN AVATAR!

StoneColdChris
April 17th, 2013, 12:17 AM
If you need an extra spot, I'll give it a go

Mills
April 17th, 2013, 2:11 AM
If we can avoid the juggernaut that is Torn, we could have a wode open field

Rip
April 17th, 2013, 2:49 AM
Where's Diva, he won last year after stealing one from me and I quite fancied a re-match.

the_man_diva
April 17th, 2013, 3:37 AM
Where's Diva, he won last year after stealing one from me and I quite fancied a re-match.

I'm right here, Rippy. :)

In all honesty, I don't know if I want to participate to defend my crown OR if I want to be a judge if the criteria is "two former champions."

BBF
April 17th, 2013, 7:53 AM
I'm moaning for no good reason. Ignore me.

Bennedy
April 17th, 2013, 8:34 AM
If there is still space then I am in.

JP
April 17th, 2013, 8:42 AM
I have had some DESPICABLE decisions go against me in previous years, but a hell of a lot of fun, so I'm in. :)

Cewsh
April 17th, 2013, 9:32 AM
Alright, so that makes 16, assuming StoneColdChris is serious about participating. I'll post the field in a few hours.

Kimura Kid
April 17th, 2013, 9:32 AM
Some of the best posters here have had lots of trouble getting out of the first round, while some new posters and guys you'd least expect have gone quite far in this.

I've been in a bunch of these tournaments, and even won one of them, and I will honestly say that someone like me has just as much of a chance of getting knocked out in the first round as a guy like you. Maybe even greater. And very rarely is the final debate ever between two huge names in an epic clash of the titans. It's generally big poster vs. underdog, or even underdog vs. under..er..puppy.

You'll do fine. Trust me. :yes:

--

Speaking of which..

Cewsh, Badger, Matty, someone.. what has been the "biggest" main event in Wilfred's? I'm very curious about this now.

Alright sounds good, I'm excited about this!! Win or lose it should be a good time!

StoneColdChris
April 17th, 2013, 9:54 AM
Alright, so that makes 16, assuming StoneColdChris is serious about participating. I'll post the field in a few hours.

Yep! I'm down

Badger
April 17th, 2013, 10:56 AM
I could swear that Badger and Matty C met in the finals one year. Which would be the biggest.

And for the record, I've competed in this 3 times, and made it to the second round, went out in the first round and made it to the semis. Winning this
thing is tough.

Yeah, Matty got lucky there. Had my Wilfredmania moment when I made mth tap out like a screaming banshee in the final the following year though! :p

Will throw down the hammer of justice judging if you're still looking Cewsh.

Cewsh
April 17th, 2013, 11:07 AM
I wasn't sure how much you were around these days! I already asked two other former champions, but if either of them fall through, you're my first choice you venerable bastard. :heart:

Cewsh
April 17th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Alright, so the field of 16 is as follows.

Rip
Defrost
kdestiny
Kimura Kid
The Law
Kneeneighbor
takerson
JP
Bennedy
StoneColdChris
Mills
Judas Iscariot
Psycho666Soldier
Kev
Fanny Batter
DDT
virmicious

I will now make a bracket featuring the match ups for the tournament. For the bracket, you will each be broken up into 4 quadrants.

The Young Lions
Kimura Kid
The Law
Psycho666Soldier
StoneColdChris

The Fiction Fight Heroes
takerson
Mills
Kneeneighbor
kdestiny

The Inmates of the Asylum
Bennedy
Judas Iscariot
virmicious
Rip

The Wild Cards
Defrost
DDT
Kev
Fanny Batter

Who will break the boundaries of their ilk and wreck havoc on both the tournament and the site at large? We soon will see.

Cewsh
April 17th, 2013, 11:32 AM
http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu132/CewshReviews/BetterBracketMakerThe9thWilfredsDebateCup_zps04597 0ff.png

THE MATCHUPS ARE MADE. THE FIRST FOUR TIES WILL BEGIN ON MAY 1ST. PREPARE FOR BATTLE.

For the record, May 1st is exactly 2 weeks from today. Along the way, I'll be breaking down each quadrant and each tie with some hype to let everyone know exactly what everyone in the tournament brings to the table, and to remind everyone of old feuds, etc. DRAMA.

Kdestiny
April 17th, 2013, 11:37 AM
This is exciting. I don't even know what to do

Fanny Batter
April 17th, 2013, 11:37 AM
I'm looking to solve my erectile dysfunction and finally get past a semi here. Good luck Kev.

virms
April 17th, 2013, 11:42 AM
See ya in the next round Rip.

Badger
April 17th, 2013, 11:46 AM
I wasn't sure how much you were around these days! I already asked two other former champions, but if either of them fall through, you're my first choice you venerable bastard. :heart:

Fair point, I am more a lurker these days. I shall make my mark in the popular vote in the meantime though.

Some real interesting match-ups there, can't pick a clear favourite. The Law could go far though, been real imprrssed from what I've seen of him though Psycho has stepped it up and has his own review column now.

DDT
April 17th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Swear to God if you give me and Defrost a puro debate....I might kiss you.

Cewsh
April 17th, 2013, 11:50 AM
I will say now that all topics will be WWE based, because that's the fairest ground for everyone to debate on. But I will also do my best to tailor the questions to the participants to get the best debate possible.

Yes, that means I will be reading everyone's old posts to see who they love/hate/debate about often.

Rip
April 17th, 2013, 12:18 PM
But I will also do my best to tailor the questions to the participants to get the best debate possible.

Yes, that means I will be reading everyone's old posts to see who they love/hate/debate about often.

:lol:

Bennedy mate you and are going to melt his brain trying to create a level field.

Mills
April 17th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Youre going down Knee, this is for survivor!!!

Bennedy
April 17th, 2013, 12:35 PM

Bennedy mate you and are going to melt his brain trying to create a level field.

Hahaha. I think you are right there.

Don't fancy my chances here, to be honest. Mind you, that whole bracket is bloody hard. May the best debater win.

Cewsh
April 17th, 2013, 12:48 PM
For the record, if I can't figure out a level question for a tie, I'll choose something neither person appears to specialize in.

Also, at least half of the questions will be about Bobby Lashley.

Rip
April 17th, 2013, 1:20 PM
Hahaha. I think you are right there.

Don't fancy my chances here, to be honest. Mind you, that whole bracket is bloody hard. May the best debater win.

It does look a damn difficult bracket, I'm surprised you didn't randomise the draw between the groups Cewsh, mix us 'outsiders' around a little more.

Judas Iscariot
April 17th, 2013, 1:47 PM
Yeah Cewsh, some of these posters could benefit from being directly exposed to the rich culture of The Asylum.

Chris
April 17th, 2013, 2:04 PM
JUDAS ISCARIOT WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE FOR THE FIRST TIME
I will always remember our tie where your entire argument was copying and pasting parts of the United States constitution.

Cewsh
April 17th, 2013, 2:06 PM
It does look a damn difficult bracket, I'm surprised you didn't randomise the draw between the groups Cewsh, mix us 'outsiders' around a little more.

Yeah Cewsh, some of these posters could benefit from being directly exposed to the rich culture of The Asylum.

Well that was actually the idea. This way, we're virtually guaranteed a final four pitting people against each other that almost never interact normally. It's almost like different sections of the site competing for the right to represent their bit against the rest. It's basically the Asylum, the Board Games forum, General Wrestling and WWE Wrestling throwing down for supremacy.

Vice
April 17th, 2013, 2:12 PM
I'm looking to solve my erectile dysfunction and finally get past a semi here.

You made it to the finals one year. Against me.

Vice: Joke Ruiner, Fanny Batterer.

Badger
April 17th, 2013, 4:02 PM
I will always remember our tie where your entire argument was copying and pasting parts of the United States constitution.

That was Bigg Mike I think, not sure if he's still around.

Judas Iscariot
April 17th, 2013, 4:07 PM
Yeah, I've never done this before. However I WILL be quoting entire passages of Ron Paul speeches.

Badger
April 17th, 2013, 4:20 PM
Cewsh could be sadistic and make you argue against Dean Ambrose.

If Vice were in this, I'm pretty sure he'd be made to argue why John Cena is the best seller and technical wrestler in the world.

Cewsh
April 17th, 2013, 4:27 PM
:angelic:

Rip
April 17th, 2013, 4:32 PM
Just gone back and re-read my semi final with Diva last year, I still feel robbed :nono:

Judas Iscariot
April 17th, 2013, 4:32 PM
:squint:

Cewsh
April 17th, 2013, 4:33 PM
Pssh, you got robbed? I got beaten by someone I had already beaten!

Chris
April 17th, 2013, 4:37 PM
That was Bigg Mike I think, not sure if he's still around.
Ah yes. Well whoever it was, it was quite the memorable strategy. Pity that so many of the old threads have been pruned.

Quite interested to see The Law vs Psycho in the first round.

Badger
April 17th, 2013, 4:40 PM

You beat me, mth beat you, I pulled an Edge and got back in when there was an empty slot and beat mth.

#ultimateopportunist. :)

Rip
April 17th, 2013, 4:41 PM

I forgot how much I'd enjoyed last year, considering I knew very little about the product at the time and then to get the swerve in the semi when I could probably have named around six wrestling posters at the time :lol:

With the big lad being so into his wrestling this year I guess I'm probably better informed this year round so I'm looking forward to getting rolling, especially with your claim that your going to try and tailor the rounds to the posters for best effect, always interested to see how I'm viewed :D

Cewsh
April 17th, 2013, 4:43 PM
"Rip, your question has been tailored to you. In 1964, Bobo Brazil was considered for the WWE Championship. Do you feel he was the right choice at the time?"

Rip
April 17th, 2013, 5:00 PM
No, they should have pulled the trigger on that in '62 when he was feuding with Bruno. I guess it worked out for him though because in October 1962 he beat Buddy Rogers for the NWA World Heavyweight Belt to become the first African American World Champion.

Judas Iscariot
April 17th, 2013, 5:02 PM
Do you call then African English across the pond?

Kneeneighbor
April 17th, 2013, 5:42 PM

Im not even positive what I did. Or was it just me turning on You Rev and Fro?

Rip
April 17th, 2013, 5:48 PM
Do you call then African English across the pond?

Nope, but that's how it's down in the records, clunky term but one of yours not mine.

Psycho666Soldier
April 17th, 2013, 6:41 PM
Brackets are looking interesting. I'm also intrigued by getting to personally test out The Law myself.

If I don't get outside of the Young Lions division, I will walk away from these boards in shame. No offense to anyone.

Cewsh
April 17th, 2013, 6:46 PM
I don't know man, The Law is money. And Kimura and Chris are pretty unknown entities. You'd better be on your game.

Psycho666Soldier
April 17th, 2013, 6:50 PM
'Tis the plan, but as a third-time participant, I ought to be ashamed if I still can't get out of the first round. Then again, that alone will be a triumphant moment for me, so I won't be THAT upset if I fail horribly against StoneColdChris or Kimura.

I'm looking forward to a challenge from The Law, though. I feel like he's just been waiting for an opportunity like this to slash someone down with his subtle wit.

Vice
April 17th, 2013, 7:08 PM
StoneColdChris is definitely a dark horse here. He isn't one of the super well known popular posters, but he has quietly been one of the most consistently solid posters here. He seems like the kind of guy that went out and got a second PhD in his spare time, in the event that he needs to wipe his ass with the first one as some sort of epic mic drop to end all mic drops.

JP
April 17th, 2013, 8:20 PM
:grumpy:

Am I the first sub?

AGAIN!?!?!

That's alright, I'll be ready to jump in with some incisive brilliance when needed. Again.

Waaaaah, waaaaah, waaaaaah, call me Ryback.

chatty
April 17th, 2013, 8:35 PM
IIf you filled up all sixteen spaces in a day and aren't starting until May 1 then why not do two pools of sixteen and then have the winner of each pool face of in a super final. Ill join another pool and I reckon you could fill it, it would last longer and garner more activity.

Worth a shot, if you don't meet numbers by the date just let people know beforehand that if there isn't enough then a second pool can't be done.

Psycho666Soldier
April 17th, 2013, 8:44 PM
That would also be more work on Cewsh's part.

Judas Iscariot
April 17th, 2013, 8:51 PM
Doesn't really matter since I'm gonna win, so...

kangus
April 17th, 2013, 8:56 PM
The current structure and amount of participants is fine. Every year this debate struggles to maintain momentum. The first round attracts a lot of attention but as the debate reaches the second, third and fourth rounds, it almost seems like a death march. So by keeping the brackets small hopefully this year there isn't much of a dropoff in excitement.

Cewsh
April 17th, 2013, 10:04 PM
I'm not running 2 Wilfred's tournaments, and I'm against the idea in general. These things last a month at minimum and running them side by side would be a ridiculous disaster and would take away from both. I'm open to the idea of expanding the tournament next time, but last year was kind of a wreck in terms of people dropping out and voters losing interest, so the most important thing is to fix those issues first. I'm going to do a lot of things to keep it interesting for everyone without watering the tournament down with wacky gimmicks and all, and the smaller the group I'm working with the easier it will be.

Historically, the Fiction Fight has had solid luck in keeping both the participants and voters interested all the way through, so I'm hoping that I can bring that to Wilfred's as well.

I am sorry that some people will be left out, but if you want to sign up as an alternate, I will accept 4 people as the official back ups of each bracket section. JP is set as the alternate of the Asylum Inmates, and there are 3 more openings available. If you want to be one of the backups, just say the word. Alternates will step in and fill any spot in their bracket category if someone there doesn't show up. It's like being your group's official understudy.

Cewsh
April 17th, 2013, 10:08 PM
:grumpy:

Am I the first sub?

AGAIN!?!?!

That's alright, I'll be ready to jump in with some incisive brilliance when needed. Again.

Waaaaah, waaaaah, waaaaaah, call me Ryback.

:(

sorry buddy, you missed being in by like 15 minutes. I'm shocked how fast this filled up.

Kev
April 17th, 2013, 10:23 PM
I'm looking to solve my erectile dysfunction and finally get past a semi here. Good luck Kev.

I... don't quite know what to say to that first line.

Damn it, you've already beaten me :mad:

chatty
April 18th, 2013, 8:28 AM
Alright chill people, just an idea. You's are generally saying you'd like more people involved on the forum, best way would be to involve as many as possible. Never played before so wouldn't know of any problems you's have had doing it in the past.

Rip
April 18th, 2013, 8:42 AM
Couldn't we do a 'Battle Royale' for those that can't get in but want in?

Perhaps have the winner named 1st alternate, because let's face it we'll probably need at least one?

Shouldn't be to difficult just to post a thread with a simple topic (Who should beat the streak? possibly?) everyone gets one post to put forward there suggestions after a vote the top two get a second post and then the winner gets picked?

Just a thought...

Cewsh
April 18th, 2013, 9:27 AM
Alright chill people, just an idea. You's are generally saying you'd like more people involved on the forum, best way would be to involve as many as possible. Never played before so wouldn't know of any problems you's have had doing it in the past.

I didn't mean to reject your idea out of hand or anything. It's just not feasible is all.

Couldn't we do a 'Battle Royale' for those that can't get in but want in?

Perhaps have the winner named 1st alternate, because let's face it we'll probably need at least one?

Shouldn't be to difficult just to post a thread with a simple topic (Who should beat the streak? possibly?) everyone gets one post to put forward there suggestions after a vote the top two get a second post and then the winner gets picked?

Just a thought...

Well I mentioned above that there is no first alternate. There will be four if people want those roles. So I'm not sure what a battle royal would be for. The idea does work, and it was fun when we did it in Fiction Fight. But I don't want to dilute the game by doing a lesser version right before the tournament starts. I'm definitely open to a consolation battle royal, after the game, though.

Cewsh
April 18th, 2013, 3:48 PM
THE MORE YOU KNOW: AN INTRODUCTION TO THE PARTICIPANTS IN THE 2013 WILFRED'S DEBATES.

Leading up to the start of the tournament, I'm going to be bringing you guys pieces like this on each of the match ups, letting you know a little more about the people involved in this foray into debate related combat.

I encourage all of the spectators to choose their favorites and even to place bets on who is going to win.

FOCUS ON: THE YOUNG LIONS

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu132/CewshReviews/BetterBracketMakerThe9thWilfredsDebateCup_zps80c38 a31.png

Psycho666Soldier

https://forums.rajah.com/image.php?u=31418&dateline=1365819336

Country of Origin: United States
Site Join Date: October 7th, 2010
Credentials: Main Page Smackdown Reporter
Most Known For: Level headed and well thought out critiques of wrestling shows, being the star new member of the past new years. On the cusp of the elite.

The Law

N/A

Origin: United States
Site Join Date: June 16th, 2006
Credentials: Future Main Page Classic Show Reporter
Most Known For: Level headed and well thought out critiques of wrestling shows. Has been dormant for much of his time here, but has really burst on the scene of late.

--------------------------------------

This is the marquee first round matchup of the Young Lions bracket. Both of these two are on the verge of breaking out from "young lion" status altogether, and a strong showing here could make them forum heavyweights permanently. Psycho is more of a known entity at this point, despite The Law having been around longer, but these two are absolute debate powerhouses with a similar style. Meeting either one of these guys could bee a death sentence later in the tournament. This is a must watch debate, no matter how you slice it.

------------------------------------

Here is each man's best wrestling related post of the past week to give you an idea of their style of debate and discussion:

I agree with that, but that's why what we really need is to have the two World Titles unified. The brand split is ABSOLUTELY irrelevant. You can fight for whatever title you want. Have only one guy on top so the IC title can take some of the WHC's former shine, making the WWE Title seem IMMENSELY important.

Then, you have the European Championship as the belt they can kind of have fun with and test out younger stars with. Allows weaker mic guys a chance at some spotlight to see if they'd actually pull something off when given the shot. If they fail, you get the belt off of them and move on. If they do well(like in Cesaro's case), you push it as far as you can/need/want until he drops it to someone else to make a new star...or flop to pass to the next star.

Orton's been coasting basically since he lost the title to Henry. He was hugely over in 2010 when they turned him and had that great series of matches with Christian in 2011, but they've had no interest in doing anything with him since he dropped the title and he's been totally disinterested lately. He runs through the exact same series of moves in every match, in the same order, at the same time in the match.

I think there are a few things at play here: 1) Orton clearly doesn't like being a face 2) He's probably not happy with his position on the card. Understandably, they don't want to invest a ton of resources in a guy who is one failed drug test away from being fired. They should definitely turn him heel, but I'm not sure exactly what the future holds for him. He needs to get motivated, but it's probably going to take more of a push to get him motivated. So which comes first?

I have three things I want to point out about Randy:

1) He's 33. Younger than Del Rio, Cesaro, Punk, Sheamus, and several other "young" guys. He still has a long career ahead of him.

2) He's been screwed over by the bookers about as bad as anyone else on the roster. In 2004, they put the title on him too soon, took it off him too soon, turned him babyface too soon, and ruined his character. In 2009, he was the hottest guy on the roster until they had Triple H beat him at Wrestlemania. If he had gone over Triple H I think he was headed to a level where he would truly rival Cena as top guy.

3) His promos might actually be the worst of anyone on the roster now that John Morrison is gone.

Kneeneighbor
April 18th, 2013, 3:56 PM
Wow I almost feel like I should go make a thoughtful and intelligent wrestling post now to be featured in the write up!

Vice
April 18th, 2013, 4:23 PM
Wow I almost feel like I should go make a thoughtful and intelligent wrestling post now to be featured in the write up!

I demand this be Kneeneighbor's quote.

Cewsh
April 18th, 2013, 4:35 PM

Rip
April 18th, 2013, 4:38 PM
Don't stress Knee mate, I'm pretty sure my most thoughtful and intelligent wrestling post was probably calling Randy a boring tw*t.

Can I request my quote comes from the 'Good Beer' thread?

Cewsh
April 18th, 2013, 4:43 PM
This aint no beer tournament, yo.

Though if there isn't a suitable wrestling sample, I will go outside to find my example, yes.

Judas Iscariot
April 18th, 2013, 4:50 PM
I've only ever made extremely well thought out, captivating posts on forums.rajah.com, so you shouldn't have a problem with me.

Jimmy Zero
April 18th, 2013, 5:00 PM
I'll get in on this nerdfest as an alternate if there are still open spots.

Cewsh
April 18th, 2013, 5:02 PM
You're in, amigo.

That's Jimmy Zero and JP in as alternates. There's still room for two more.

StoneColdChris
April 18th, 2013, 5:05 PM
StoneColdChris is definitely a dark horse here. He isn't one of the super well known popular posters, but he has quietly been one of the most consistently solid posters here. He seems like the kind of guy that went out and got a second PhD in his spare time, in the event that he needs to wipe his ass with the first one as some sort of epic mic drop to end all mic drops.

You're not too far off there, haha. Although I did take some time off for a road trip across the US.

I hope I do well, if I don't make it past the first round, its ok. Kimura, Law and Psycho are good posters, so if I lose its all good. As long as I put up a worthy fight and do my best, I'll be alright.

Cewsh
April 18th, 2013, 5:16 PM
That's the spirit. :yes:

A lot of people have made their names here going out in a blaze of glory.

virms
April 18th, 2013, 9:50 PM
My goal is to destroy pyscho who is a spinless coward.

Also making judas look like a twat more than usual is going to be fun.

Mills
April 18th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I'm getting pumped already. May isn't coming fast enough

Kneeneighbor
April 18th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Took you down in Survivor and I will take you down again.

virms
April 18th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Took you down in Survivor and I will take you down again.

I could so alter this quote to fit my agenda.

Psycho666Soldier
April 18th, 2013, 10:26 PM
My goal is to destroy pyscho who is a spinless coward.

Also making judas look like a twat more than usual is going to be fun.

It is true that I don't do much spinning.

Judas Iscariot
April 18th, 2013, 10:28 PM
OHHHHHHHHHH VIRM IS A DICK HEAD

Kneeneighbor
April 18th, 2013, 11:03 PM
I could so alter this quote to fit my agenda.

These are not the drones you are looking for.

virms
April 18th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Well I am not looking for any drones. If I were it would be a drone.

virms
April 18th, 2013, 11:15 PM
PS: Judas is a twat.

Kev
April 18th, 2013, 11:47 PM
When I debate I'll have theme music in the background

HERE I AM

ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE

the_man_diva
April 19th, 2013, 5:37 AM
That's the spirit. :yes:

A lot of people have made their names here going out in a blaze of glory.

Wasn't I "resurrected" and then obliterated again during like, my second year I believe? I can't remember if I've competed three times or four ... I just remember glimpses and flashes ... I believe it was 2011 when I was forced to argue against Trish Stratus (my favorite) being the greatest female in WWE history. I can't remember if the person I was up against picked Trish first or if I, being an idiot who loves a challenge, picked Lita because I felt Trish was "too obvious." Bah.

Winning last year's Wilfred's was definitely amazing because there are some really intelligent and fucking tough debaters in this thing ... it's intimidating and it's tough. So if you're going to do it, don't fuck it up. Think things through before you type ... and remember, Cewsh is giving you a heads up on each participant so you get a feel for their style. I don't remember him going into such detail in the past, but take advantage of it! Get inside your opponent's head and think to yourself, "Hm, if my opponent calls me out about this, what can I respond with?" Always have a counterpoint to your opponent's counterpoint.

Cewsh, I responded to your PM. Did you receive it?

Also, it is slightly funny - and coincidental - that the year I win the debate is the year the Divas' Forum officially went on life support. LOL.

Cewsh
April 19th, 2013, 2:30 PM
Got it. :yes:

And I didn't go into so much detail in the past because this is my first year running this. ;)

Vice
April 19th, 2013, 2:37 PM
As serious as the debates are, my very first debate in the tournament that I finally won was me arguing that Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince should be the GM of RAW instead of Mr. McMahon. And no, not James Avery the actor. Uncle Phil the character.

So really, be creative and don't always go for the obvious answer. Sometimes an obvious answer can be the best, but it can also put you in a spot where it's easier to get knocked down and thrown off balance. If you have a task where you have to make a choice, think about all the pros and cons of that choice and figure out your weaknesses.

Speaking of which.. for debates involving choices, what if the two participants are given a day or so before the debate starts to make their choices via PM? It'll still be first come first serve if they choose the same people, but I think it could make things a lot more fair for the first person. Right now, the first person makes a pick and then the second person can make a pick based entirely around trashing what the first person chose. This could potentially make things a bit more clunky/delayed, so I don't know if it'd work, but it's an idea.

Cewsh
April 19th, 2013, 2:40 PM
That's an interesting idea. I briefly toyed with the idea of having everyone submit their posts to me to be posted so that I could ensure stuff like that wouldn't happen, but I think you have to give things like this room to breathe or people find it oppressive and bothersome. I like the concept of that even playing field though. I might see how it plays out.

Cewsh
April 19th, 2013, 2:53 PM
THE MORE YOU KNOW: AN INTRODUCTION TO THE PARTICIPANTS IN THE 2013 WILFRED'S DEBATES.

Leading up to the start of the tournament, I'm going to be bringing you guys pieces like this on each of the match ups, letting you know a little more about the people involved in this foray into debate related combat.

I encourage all of the spectators to choose their favorites and even to place bets on who is going to win.

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu132/CewshReviews/BetterBracketMakerThe9thWilfredsDebateCup_zps96b72 58a.png

StoneColdChris

https://forums.rajah.com/image.php?u=18274&dateline=1215742531

Site Join Date: December 13th, 2004
Credentials: N/A
Most Known For: Getting to the point. The majority of Chris' posts are short, but still manage to capture larger ideas. With a limited word count, effective brevity is a major asset.

Kimura Kid

https://forums.rajah.com/image.php?u=69306&dateline=1365455365

Site Join Date: February 11th, 2013
Most Known For: His firecracker enthusiasm and fighter's mentality. Kimura has made it clear that he loves a good fight, and that he can make up for inexperience with pure passion.

This matchup contains two guys who might not be well known to a lot of spectators this year for very different reasons. Chris, because he's been a low key figure on these forums ever since he was 16, and Kimura, who just appeared on the site in the past month. But just because they aren't big names yet doesn't mean that they are any less of a threat in this tournament, and indeed, their abilities in this venue are a complete wildcard. With a tough matchup in front of the winner, and with two wildly different styles clashing, this could turn into an absolute dogfight in a hurry. And let's not forget, a previously unknown wrestling board poster is exactly who won this tournament last year, over established people like Badger and mth. Could this tie bring us this year's Cinderella story?

Here is each man's best wrestling related post of the past week to give you an idea of their style of debate and discussion:

This weeks Episode of NXT was Awesome!!

I love the Kruger & Gabriel fued.....Can they have a bad match??? Love it!!

I was super impressed with Emma and how Over she is. I didn't like the gimmick of clumbsy dancer but she is killing it and the fans are in to it!! I also love how she played to the crowd. When she landed her ring entrance and acted legit suprized was money!!

Bray Wyatt needs to get called up....and soon!! I'm a fan of everything he does. And on the Mic is where he really shines!! What a awesome Character!!

I also enjoyed seeing the NXT Stars and their Mania experience...that was really awesome!!

I love Graves (No Homo) He really good in the ring and can cut a decent promo and has a great look. I think He could benifit from sticking around NXT for a while possibly as the next NXT Champion. Give him more time in the ring, on the Mic and hone his craft. But if he got called up tommorow I would be excited as well.

Great Show! A+

I get what you mean, I really do, but I just really hate that mentality. If they don't care to feature him around the time of their big show, why should they expect fans care about him the other 11 months of the year?

I mean, I like Johnny Curtis(Fandango) and all, but should he really be getting a Mania match with Jericho(rumors) with people like Cesaro left off the card.

Kimura Kid
April 19th, 2013, 3:30 PM
Good Stuff!

The idea of this competition is one of the reason I love this community. I've been a part of many forum communities and never seen anything like this before. What a way to boost morale of the members and draw interest to the forums.

I also want to thank Cewsh for doing this in his spare time. I really appreciate everything your doing to make this fun man, Just wanna let you know that!

Good Luck Chris I've seen some of your recent posts and I'm sure your going to be all I can handle but I'll try my best. 1 Things for sure your going to get all I have, 100% of Kimura Kid!

Matty C
April 19th, 2013, 3:55 PM

And for the record, I've competed in this 3 times, and made it to the second round, went out in the first round and made it to the semis. Winning this thing is tough.

This might be the first year I haven't competed. Did I compete last year? I know I did the year before. I ran it with Badger one year and Mazer another I think, after being eliminated. Why do I have such a shit memory?

I remember crushing Badger though. That is quite clear. :)

I would have judged or participated but it looks like I've missed the boat. Good luck in running things Cewsh. If you ever want any help just let me know.

Rip
April 19th, 2013, 4:12 PM
Yes you were in it last year Matty mate, can't remember what happened to you though...

Cewsh
April 19th, 2013, 4:17 PM
The idea of this competition is one of the reason I love this community. I've been a part of many forum communities and never seen anything like this before. What a way to boost morale of the members and draw interest to the forums.

I also want to thank Cewsh for doing this in his spare time. I really appreciate everything your doing to make this fun man, Just wanna let you know that!

Aww shucks. :heart:

Credit where credit is absolutely due to Tempest, Badger and everyone else who made this tournament a proud institution on this forum for years and years. I'm just happy to pick up where they left off and put my own spin on it. This is actually the thing that initially broke me out of my shell after I joined the forums initially just to read the Raw Thread with Vice. So it'll always have a soft spot in my heart.

I'm glad people are liking it so far!

I would have judged or participated but it looks like I've missed the boat. Good luck in running things Cewsh. If you ever want any help just let me know.

I absolutely will do. And make sure you stick around for the reading and voting. A strong core of veteran voters make for a great example for everyone else.

Cewsh
April 19th, 2013, 4:31 PM
Also, I'm 100 posts from FOURTY FUCKING THOUSAND WHAT

Judas Iscariot
April 19th, 2013, 4:39 PM
That's an awful lot of posts, Cewsh. An awful, awful lot of posts. Awful.

Cewsh
April 19th, 2013, 4:47 PM
At least 5 of them have been pretty good.

Apparently I put up something like 12 posts a day. So that's not a great percentage.

Jimmy Zero
April 19th, 2013, 6:50 PM
Also, I'm 100 posts from FOURTY FUCKING THOUSAND WHAT

Jeez, what a dewsh.

JP
April 19th, 2013, 7:22 PM
We got some links to the old ones? Would be interesting to see how the debates have changed over the years.

Cewsh
April 19th, 2013, 8:00 PM
Sadly, from what I can tell, it's pretty much all be pruned.

lotjx
April 19th, 2013, 9:23 PM
I am in.

Psycho666Soldier
April 19th, 2013, 9:27 PM

Though, you could probably be an alternate.

Kyle_242
April 19th, 2013, 9:34 PM
I TELL YOU PSYCHO I GOT YOU IN MA FAVE FIVE MAN

Psycho666Soldier
April 19th, 2013, 9:37 PM
If it's anything like Booker T's Fave Five, that's not too comforting.

Cewsh
April 19th, 2013, 9:50 PM
I am in.

As Psycho said, sign ups are complete. If you would like to be an alternate, you are welcome to do so. I recommend reading through the thread for details.

virms
April 19th, 2013, 10:57 PM
I TELL YOU PSYCHO I GOT YOU IN MA FAVE FIVE MAN

Obviously I am numero uno but it is nice this fucking murderer of a family is in your top five.

Psycho666Soldier
April 20th, 2013, 2:48 AM
I was only semi-responsible for one member of the family, thank you! The rest was out of my hands.

JP
April 20th, 2013, 6:03 AM
I am the 1st alternative. :squint:

Sounds like a shit nickname only an idiot would use. Matt Hardy: The First Alternative

Cewsh
April 20th, 2013, 1:31 PM
THERE IS NO FIRST ALTERNATIVE

Badger
April 20th, 2013, 2:08 PM
I don't think there's anyone on this forum more alternative than JP. :p

Kneeneighbor
April 21st, 2013, 10:24 PM

It can be noted now that you can also get me for stabbing you in the ear night one of Mafia. I had totally forgotten about SURIVOR and we picked you because we figured you had no discernible connection to any of us. What a shitty first night that was huh?

Cewsh
April 22nd, 2013, 3:04 PM

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu132/CewshReviews/BetterBracketMakerThe9thWilfredsDebateCup_zps0de77 390.png

Rip

https://forums.rajah.com/image.php?u=19932&dateline=1218187054

Country of Origin: England
Site Join Date: April 29th, 2005
Most Known For: Amiable wisdom. References to his family and pets. Rip doesn't talk wrestling often, but when he does he invests the discussion with great thoughtfulness.

Bennedy

https://forums.rajah.com/image.php?u=19807&dateline=1365437753

Country of Origin: England
Site Join Date: April 16th, 2005
Most Known For: One liners. Bennedy doesn't always like what he sees from WWE, but doesn't go nuts with the negativity like many of his peers. His responses are typically measured, clear and to the point.

These two heavy hitters arrived on this website within two weeks of one another, but in this respect, (if only in this respect,) Bennedy is the elder here. This is actually a very interesting matchup between two people who have been a round a long time, and who have been heavily involved in just about every part of the forum you could imagine, but who nonetheless haven't fully made their mark yet in the debate competitions. I have a great deal of trouble trying to pick of a favorite between the two, but Rip will have to grapple with Bennedy's greater knowledge of more current events. Though if anyone is going to underestimate Rip in a battle of words, it isn't going to be me doing it.

I wondered that Rog, everything seems to think it has to be 'epic' right now, what's happened to the 90 ish minute movies that are packed full of action/plot that rattle along and leave you feeling almost breathless at the end?

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Cruises next one is another 'sprawling, epic sci-fi blockbuster set in the near future of an Earth that..... blah, blah, blah', they really do need to find someone else who'll make these.

Some people say it every year, but I don't and this is the first time I probably won't buy Mania. I have no desire to watch two rematches from last year, regardless of the build. The undrcard will have to be good to get me to buy, but what will that be? There is no direction and the rest of the card will probably just be thrown together 2-3 weeks before the PPV. That is not how I remember Wrestlemania from years gone by. We used to get feuds built months in advance. Now we get a random Sheamus vs Barrett match, a thrown together match for CM Punk and probably one for Cesaro as well. Just think it is lazy booking when we know they can pull out some great stuff when they want to.

Cewsh
April 22nd, 2013, 3:05 PM
And I had one helluva time trying to find ANY posts that Rip had that were debate-like, or that Bennedy had that lasted a full paragraph. So keep that in mind as part of their styles as well. Rip rarely posts in a confrontational manner, and Bennedy keeps it short.

Rip
April 22nd, 2013, 3:17 PM

I was half expecting you to post something from last years run for mine if I'm honest, or from the Football Forum.

Matty C
April 22nd, 2013, 6:34 PM
We North Americans are forbidden from entering the footy forum Rip

Zyphlin
April 23rd, 2013, 4:21 PM
Drat...this is what happens when you stop watching wrestling regularly for a while and thus stop peeking into the wrestling forum as often.

Cewsh is dead on in terms of leaving it at 16. This thing can DRAG on and I can only imagine the amount of stress trying to corral all the crazy participants throughout the entire thing must present.

Will have to pop into the Wrestling forums more often to keep an eye on this and cheer it on. Psycho…I’m expecting you to go far. I’ll lend you my boomerang if you need it ;)

To all the new guys in it…have yourselves a blast. Last year was my first time despite being a lurker/poster for a while, and it made me wonder why I didn’t enter sooner. It’s a lot of fun, unpredictable, and a pretty level playing field due to the format.

Cewsh
April 23rd, 2013, 5:02 PM
:yes:

To Zyph, and to all of you guys lurking in the rafters watching this, by all means, weigh in with votes as the competition unfolds. Fan votes and participation are one of the funnest things about the tournament, and you can make your name just as easily by being a thoughtful and thorough voter as the people actually doing the debating. The more of you there are, the smoother the whole thing glides. And if there's enough interest from the people doing the voting, we could do another one of these before the year is out.

It's all about the spectators. You guys have 1/2th of the voting power in every tie, and voting isn't restricted in any way at all, (unless I judge your vote to be done with a malicious agenda). So whether you've been lurking for 10 years, or just got approved and haven't even made a post yet. Your vote counts in Wilfred's.

Judas Iscariot
April 23rd, 2013, 5:12 PM
Cewsh forgot to mention that all spectator votes should read: Judas Iscariot.

Also, who is Wilfred and why has he set up this game of death?

Cewsh
April 23rd, 2013, 5:14 PM
He used to post here ages ago, I believe.

Mills
April 23rd, 2013, 5:48 PM
It can be noted now that you can also get me for stabbing you in the ear night one of Mafia. I had totally forgotten about SURIVOR and we picked you because we figured you had no discernible connection to any of us. What a shitty first night that was huh?

Yeah, when I saw I couldn't talk to anyone about my role unless I was found, I knew I was dead night 1. Oh well, I'll still beat you in Wilfreds mua hahaha

Rip
April 23rd, 2013, 6:04 PM
Also, who is Wilfred and why has he set up this game of death?

I liked him.

He's gone now :nono:

The Law
April 23rd, 2013, 6:46 PM
I liked him.

He's gone now :nono:

Gone as in dead? That would really give this thing a melancholy twinge...

Zyphlin
April 23rd, 2013, 8:07 PM
Wilfred was the one who used the Denny Crane avatar, yes?

-edit-

Wait, no...that's Mazer

Vice
April 23rd, 2013, 8:18 PM
Wilfred was a drunkard from the UK.

Actually that's a bit redundant. Wilfred was from the UK.

Psycho666Soldier
April 23rd, 2013, 8:50 PM
Drat...this is what happens when you stop watching wrestling regularly for a while and thus stop peeking into the wrestling forum as often.

Cewsh is dead on in terms of leaving it at 16. This thing can DRAG on and I can only imagine the amount of stress trying to corral all the crazy participants throughout the entire thing must present.

Will have to pop into the Wrestling forums more often to keep an eye on this and cheer it on. Psycho…I’m expecting you to go far. I’ll lend you my boomerang if you need it ;)

To all the new guys in it…have yourselves a blast. Last year was my first time despite being a lurker/poster for a while, and it made me wonder why I didn’t enter sooner. It’s a lot of fun, unpredictable, and a pretty level playing field due to the format.

I appreciate the endorsement from the man who beat me and made it to the finals last year. I was actually hoping to see you get in and we somehow get a rematch. I really enjoyed debating with you. Could have gone either way, but you got the better of me that night. I hope to at least see you voting.

virms
April 23rd, 2013, 9:47 PM
Wilfred was a drunkard from the UK.

Actually that's a bit redundant. Wilfred was from the UK.

Wilfred and I were good mates. He usually makes contact when he posts.

Tempest
April 23rd, 2013, 10:09 PM
Wilfred is a loveable rascal who brought this lovely thing to us. He was full of ideas and happily handed it off to get bigger and better.

He was as good man, with good things about him and his idea was good. I remember him as Goodfred.

Badger
April 24th, 2013, 3:51 AM
He posted in blue and likes Badger ale. A good fellow. :beer:

Rip
April 24th, 2013, 5:10 AM
Gone as in dead? That would really give this thing a melancholy twinge...

Not that I'm aware, I hope not.

I liked Wilfred, he was around when I posted in the wrestling forums and hassled the hell out of me to do the debates, irony is I never did till he left.

Cewsh
April 24th, 2013, 3:15 PM

FOCUS ON: THE ASYLUM INMATES

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu132/CewshReviews/BetterBracketMakerThe9thWilfredsDebateCup_zps78506 ea6.png

Judas Iscariot

https://forums.rajah.com/image.php?u=16276&dateline=1301520727

Site Join Date: April 2nd, 2004
Most Known For: Being a lovable crazy person with a desperate passion for all things Dean Ambrose.

virmicious

https://forums.rajah.com/image.php?u=21134&dateline=1365541079

Site Join Date: January 10th, 2006
Most Known For: A wacky sense of humor. Virm is a class clown with a serious side that may surprise you.

In terms of pure spectacle, this may well be the gem of the entire tournament. Judas and virm are both well known for their antics as lovable jokesters who get on well with pretty much everyone, and they're currently embroiled in a joke rivalry that has them swapping insults like faster than gonorrhea at a high school summer camp. They've both shown many times in the past that they can be serious and debate very effectively when the time calls for it, (virm actually made the finals of the Fiction Fight this year,) and I'm not sure there's any length they won't go to in order to win.

I really don't think he has limited ring skills because of himself. I think he can go in the ring but got roped into the same 5 moves of doom that everyone else does. He can clearly flop around better than most of the roster when it comes down to it.

The gimmick wasn't going to propel him to main event status but it could have been developed. He never had the chance. Instead he got himself over using the same social media WWE hated but then embraced to the point it makes people want to vomit, and just as he won that title was thrown into that God awful Cena/Kane storyline, dropped the title to a WWE guy in Swagger, and then was swept under the rug.

I don't blame him at all for bitching, and given his latest Z! True Long Island Story, I hope he either gets something going for himself or goes out in an IWC blaze of glory.

For whatever that's worth.

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad145/howimetyourmothergifs/daddyshome.gif

Of all the places in the world where you wouldn't want to tangle with Barney.

It has now become apparent that it doesn't matter who Barney faces, whether it be brains or brawn, superhuman or mutant, you just can't compete with awesome.

Now Barney must face Ezio Auditore....a well trained assassin but a regular human?

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad145/howimetyourmothergifs/wtf.gif

For the first time ever I thought about saying "Challenge NOT accepted." But then I did some research...

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/2613/barney2.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yomi0-WL5Pg
(listen while you read)

Born in 1459

http://t.qkme.me/3ogd2a.jpg

Died 1524

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/2867/barneystinsonistorai.jpg

So my challenge is a 65 year old dead man?

http://img.izifunny.com/pics/20120126/original/the-awesome-barney-stinson-25-pics-4-gifs_27.gif

So not only is he old and dead, but people think he has an advantage? In Vegas?

Barney Stinson invented Las Vegas. True Story. A man of my talent's, my ability, my master of disguise, my ability of deception in the City of Sin? This is a no brainer for me.

Every man, woman and child live, eat and breathe a chance for being a glutton, for being famous, for being rich, for being....me. This is my city. My rules.

Ezio, you'll be lost in the lights of the Strip, the blaring of the music, the honking of the horns and sounds of the traffic. You've seen nothing like it and it will make you angry and when you get angry you like to kill. Killing innocent people in the middle of the Strip will get you noticed by the police. Perhaps I won't even lift a finger to win this fight.

Point is, you'll be far to distracted and you'll be to busy killing random drug dealers approaching you on every corner to notice me. But I, along with everyone else, will notice you.

http://www.kumakreations.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Ezio-Auditore1.jpg

This is how you dress. Vegas is full of crazy but not that crazy. Vegas is also full of games that are played by rules...

Stinson rules. (<---- Double entendre)

So here are the rules. This fight will not ever be in your comfort zone nor will it ever be under your control. It may start in the strip but it will end in a nice little place I like to call home and yet in another place I excel. A place just right off the strip that can house up to 37 people in a well confined, smoky area that is under constant surveillance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbdmurV2Y2A

And how will you get there? Well let's just say I will help you with a little game called.....

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8580/alania.jpg

Ahhhh, Alania. Beautiful...well that's about it, but Alania knows who you are and she will be waiting at the original battle spot for you. She will greet you with a kiss and lead you to your demise. And remember Evio..."what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas." So have a bit of fun.

PS: Tell you dad and brothers I said "What's hanging?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_NPlBiT56SSc/TUHqlJBO-vI/AAAAAAAAACo/7wB4BTrO6n4/s1600/barney+hanged.gif

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lui8h7pp2Z1qiuodso1_400.gif

Kimura Kid
April 25th, 2013, 12:11 PM
I'm Looking forward to these 2 locking horns!!

Judas Iscariot
April 25th, 2013, 1:11 PM
There is no joking about my hatred of virmicious.

I don't even want to win this tournament. Titles mean nothing to me.

What I want is virmicious' HEAD on a STICK.

Rip
April 25th, 2013, 1:15 PM
If you get past virm, and I get by Bennedy you do realise it's you and me in the second round Judas...

You and me...

I may be forced to fall on my own sword rather than face my beer-brother in arms...

Cewsh
April 25th, 2013, 3:44 PM

FOCUS ON: THE WILD CARDS

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu132/CewshReviews/BetterBracketMakerThe9thWilfredsDebateCup_zps367b4 b48.png

Defrost

https://forums.rajah.com/image.php?u=18748&dateline=1359791663

Site Join Date: February 10th, 2005
Credentials: Rajah Main Page Columnist (Defrost Reviews Stuff)
Most Known For: Sharp, succinct criticisms. Defrost will say in one sentence what it takes others a page to say, and it will invariably be dry and tricky to argue with.

DDT

https://forums.rajah.com/image.php?u=25288&dateline=1363998982

Site Join Date: February 6th, 2007
Credentials: Rajah Main Page Contributor (Cewsh Reviews)
Most Known For: An enthusiasm for debate bordering on aggression. Knowing more about wrestling than you.

Cewsh Reviews Puro Contributor battle! These guys are two of my favorite posters on this forum. Defrost is well known for being a lightning rod of controversy and DDT for being enthusiastic in his burial of things he doesn't like, as well as for being experts on Japanese wrestling. They're both used to extensive debate and discussion defending their opinions, but perhaps less than anyone else in the game, their specialty is very much on non-WWE wrestling. The danger for debaters of their sort is that it can be difficult to get voters on your side if you can't debate on their wavelength, especially if you choose an obscure position to argue from, and that will be a challenge for both men here. They're good friends and Puro pals, but only one man can move on to round two. Who will lariat who?

The thing that sticks out from these matches above all else is how well these two build drama. The matches were very compelling and not what you'd expect in a lot of ways. A lot of the normal Ric Flair schtick is missing from these matches. No one is in control for long periods of time. They seemed very equal. There were back and forth chop battles. Steamboat made Flair submit. Steamboat was great selling the leg. And the way he injured it in the third match was great. Flair coming off the top with the crossbody. Rolling through for the bad leg cradle instead of falling on top. Everything that happened in these three match fed into the notion that these two were neck and neck for the greatest wrestler.

The idea is that they are being leg swept and landing throat first on a stiff cable. As (probably) one of the few people here who have legit been punched in the throat, I can assure you, you ain't moving for a while.

Judas Iscariot
April 25th, 2013, 5:10 PM
Please make defrost debate in detail why CM Punk does the best version of his finisher in the world.

virms
April 25th, 2013, 7:31 PM
There is no joking about my hatred of virmicious.

I don't even want to win this tournament. Titles mean nothing to me.

What I want is virmicious' HEAD on a STICK.

Judas has conceded. See all you bitches in the 2nd round.

Badger
April 26th, 2013, 9:50 AM
I'm going to attempt to give everyone odds here in the return of BADGER'S BETTING. Going to be difficult because none of these guys are former champions, but will do my best.

Kimura Kid 60/1 - Promising newcomer to the forums, usually seen in the NXT thread. However still a bit unproven at this point and could have a tough time against debating veteran StoneColdChris.

StoneColdChris 40/1 - A consistently solid poster who has been debating on and off in these tournaments (including an upset victory over yours truly years ago) but never made the finals. In the big picture, he has been largely off the radar as a poster until recently revealed himself to be a handsome black man whose smile could melt a block of ice. Repetitve posting of his smile could sway the voters.

The Law 30/1 - Joined in 2006 according to his profile, but only just recently has made big waves in the forums with lengthy insightful posts. However in a restrictive environment with a limited word count could befuddle him, but we will wait and see. He is Badger's DARK HORSE:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UumkXMqkJvM/TGcC2vMnsUI/AAAAAAAAAB8/8qyVt54BEt0/s1600/Diablo-Friesian-dark-knight-black-horse-photos.jpg

Psycho666Soldier 30/1 - Giving him the same odds even though historically he has never made it past the first round, he has upped his game in the past year and now has his own review column. He is certainly showing more hunger and this could be the year to break the duck. His tussle with the Law could be the show-stealer.

Defrost 10/1 FAVOURITE - Defrost is my favourite as he has consistently done well in these tournaments and a former semi-finalist, plus a limited word count definitely favours him more than anyone else as he normally posts under 25 words unless he's doing one of his reviews of course.

DDT 60/1 - Sorry dude, you're a good poster but histrocially you usually drop out of the early rounds if not defeated. I would like to see him commit himself and prove me wrong this year though.

Fanny Batter 25/1 - A consistently 'ard man poster who on his game is very 'ard to beat plus a former finalist just pipped by Vice. However his weakness to the demon drink could lead to more tangents about stuff like Miz and Carpet Right could prove his undoing, however if he stays sober he could very well go all the way but if he does end up against Judas, he could be seduced by Judas's extensive beer knowledge and collection.

Kev 40/1 - AKA The Artist Formerly Known as Bounce. A former quarter-finalist who faded into obscurity and has made somewhat of a comeback over the last couple of years and occasionally posts insightful Smackdown Reviews.

Rip 20/1 - Only his second go-around in Wilfred's but he did very well last time losing a semi-final epic to mandiva. Fell pretty flat in Fiction Fight but no doubt will be out for redemption and the backlash to his fellow participants could be devastating, especially if he gets a 60's-80's wrestling question.

Bennedy 70/1 - Nothing against him personally, but doesn't post enough in the wrestling forums enough. Was beaten comfortably by BBF last time around (FFS change BBF's name back already) and don't see him getting past Rip. Again like DDT, feel free to prove me wrong.

Judas Iscariot 35/1 - A veteran on this board who is entering this thing for the first time. He knows two things very well, beer and Dean Ambrose and has been more active in the wrestling forums since Ambrose came to WWE. Has come a long way since the guy who used to just want mod powers to sticky threads.

virmicious 25/1 - He has entered this tournament several times and has never actually been cleanly defeated to the best of my knowledge, however his lack of commitment has always proved to be his undoing, a bit like his alter-ego Barney Stinson with the opposite sex. If he manages to commit himself, he could very well win this whole thing.

takerson 50/1 - His first time in this tournament but has plied his trade in Fiction Fight several time but always been against more experienced opposition and never made it past the first round. On a bit more of a level playing field so now is the time to get serious and untuck the shirt.

Mills 40/1 - A solid poster who has been unlucky to make it past the early rounds both in here and in Fiction Fight. Did win the Fiction fight battle royal with Wolverine though which gives him some momentum coming in.

Kneeneighbor 50/1 - Like takerson in the few times I've seen him in action, is solid but loses to more experience opposition. Has potential to break the ceiling this year though.

kdestiny 80/1 - Seen him a bit in Fiction Fight, but in a losing effort. Not seen enough of him in the wrestling forums, so have to put him as a bit of an outsider I'm afraid.

virms
April 26th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Nice write up Badger.

Giving Judas way too much credit though. He should be a million to one odds as I will just say something terrible about Ambrose not knowing anything about ring psychology and he will smash his pc into bits in a horrible rage.

JP
April 26th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Really looking forward to this.

Somebody dropping out and me taking there place, that is. :squint:

Kdestiny
April 26th, 2013, 11:14 AM
I work best when I am an underdog anyways

I know tons more about wrestling than the fictional characters. I've watched basically every PPV since WM III with a few gaps in there, but I feel pretty confident about where I am

Cewsh
April 26th, 2013, 11:18 AM
You got this, kdes. :yes:

I would be genuinely thrilled to see anyone in the tournament win this year. We have no returning champions, and everyone has a narrative that would make for a compelling victory.

Cewsh
April 26th, 2013, 4:51 PM

FOCUS ON: THE WILD CARDS

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu132/CewshReviews/BetterBracketMakerThe9thWilfredsDebateCup_zps2c1df 25e.png

Fanny Batter

https://forums.rajah.com/image.php?u=10655&dateline=1271767004

Country of Origin: Taiwan (Allegedly)
Site Join Date: September 28th, 2002
Credentials: Former Wilfred's Finalist
Most Known For: Being pretty fucking spectacular when he's actually around. At one point, one of the premier wrestling posters on this website.

Kev

https://forums.rajah.com/image.php?u=7006&dateline=1358142318

Country of Origin: Australia
Site Join Date: February 19th, 2002
Most Known For: Being a hard nosed debator when he isn't being a generally amicable dude. Kev will give anyone here a run for their money, expected or not.

Badger's Betting Odds:

Fanny Batter 25/1 - A consistently 'ard man poster who on his game is very 'ard to beat plus a former finalist just pipped by Vice. However his weakness to the demon drink could lead to more tangents about stuff like Miz and Carpet Right could prove his undoing, however if he stays sober he could very well go all the way but if he does end up against Judas, he could be seduced by Judas's extensive beer knowledge and collection.

Kev 40/1 - AKA The Artist Formerly Known as Bounce. A former quarter-finalist who faded into obscurity and has made somewhat of a comeback over the last couple of years and occasionally posts insightful Smackdown Reviews.

There's so much dead air on the shows it's ridiculous. It's like they write the show, it comes to an hour and half, so they streeeeeeetch everything, throw in five film trailers and recap the three main occurrences twice. It's a really tiring TV show. Seems a pretty simple formula to me, have the main-event built in the first segment, have a lot of snappy, fun stuff in hour one with backstage segments setting everything up for later on, then they can give time to those things because they've been built up. I HATE HATE HATE seeing matches between relevant wrestlers going 20 minutes (entrances/ad break included) without any hype, the result is irrelevant because we've no reason to care why it's happening so it's a waste of 20 minutes and the waste of a match we could have been sold into watching if we were allowed to get invested in the conflict between the characters.

Inability to create stars.

I think a huge thing for myself that I've noticed over the last 13 years has been the lack of movement in the Main Event scene. It's baffling to me that since the year 2000, HHH, Undertaker and Rock are STILL the guys to beat.

You would think they would have had the ability to create a plethora of top stars ever since then. It appears that only Cena has been the one to break through that glass ceilling.

Even when thinking about the likes of Jericho, Angle, HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED, Booker T, Kane, RVD, Christian, Edge, Orton, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy - all of whom truly hit their stride between the 2002 - 2006 period, none of them were ever truly protrayed to be top-tier talent in the same vein as those previously mentioned.

From 07 onwards we've had MVP, Mr. Kennedy, Lashley, Punk, Sheamus, Miz, Bryan, Rhodes, Kofi, Morrison, Barrett & more recently Cesaro and yet we still find ourselves at a point where we're relying on guys like HHH, Cena and The Rock to generate interest.

Long term booking, that's really a missed opportunity more than anything. Just look at the talent listed above, it's true some have their shortcomings but they all had enough quality within them to break through, if the writing had been strong enough.

Instead, an absolute beast of a man like Cesaro is yodelling while jobbing after what was originally an impressive US Title run, Christ.

Fanny Batter
April 26th, 2013, 6:05 PM
I wish Badger was my bookie, guaranteed money there my boy!

Kev
April 26th, 2013, 6:27 PM
Should be a good match-up lad :)

Badger
April 27th, 2013, 7:59 AM
We could make this interesting and have the tournament winner get to either ban, change avatar or username for any of the other participants for a month.

Rip
April 27th, 2013, 8:06 AM
We could make this interesting and have the tournament winner get to either ban, change avatar or username for any of the other participants for a month.

At that point I'd drop out.

Badger
April 27th, 2013, 8:09 AM
Maybe not banning then, but avatar/username bet.

Rip
April 27th, 2013, 8:37 AM
Nah, wouldn't be interested mate I don't enter any of the stuff on here that has that kind of stipulation, has no appeal to me at all sorry and all that, just doesn't.

Badger
April 27th, 2013, 8:54 AM
Fair enough.

Maybe participants could do their own side-bets in their ties, if not then ignore me.

Rip
April 27th, 2013, 8:57 AM

Might be fun to work something out I guess, but stuff that changes names and things just doesn't interest me.

Cewsh
April 27th, 2013, 11:07 AM
I'm not doing that at all. Especially not when people have already signed up not expecting it.

Judas Iscariot
April 29th, 2013, 3:38 AM
OK but what if there is a personal grudge and there is a personal bet that has NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYONE ELSE and ONLY if it's VOLUNTARILY DONE and it results in my imminent victory causing virm to request his own permaban?

The whole rajaverse would be better off for it.

Badger
April 29th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Aye that's what I meant, if folk want to voluntarily do bets between themselves.

virms
April 29th, 2013, 12:57 PM
I am gonna have judas shave his head and posts pics of tub girl all over the forum.

I have already talked him in to posting tub girl once back in the day. Should have just ended him then.

Judas Iscariot
April 29th, 2013, 1:26 PM
I will create a fucking reenactments of tubgirl using your corpse, you son of a bitch.

virms
April 29th, 2013, 1:28 PM
What Judas is saying is

Virm 1
Judas Isanidiot - 0

Kneeneighbor
April 29th, 2013, 2:36 PM
Did I win yet?

Cewsh
April 29th, 2013, 5:15 PM
ONLY TWO DAYS UNTIL THE CAGE DESCENDS

FOCUS ON: THE FICTION FIGHTERS

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu132/CewshReviews/BetterBracketMakerThe9thWilfredsDebateCup_zpsa34ba 8cf.png

takerson

https://forums.rajah.com/image.php?u=20853&dateline=1364615726

Site Join Date: November 25th, 2005
Most Known For: Being enthusiastic, friendly and an unshakable pillar of positivity. But takerson has one of the best grasps on modern day WWE of anyone in this tournament, and he always comes out swinging for the fences. He puts more experienced debaters on their heels.

kdestiny

https://forums.rajah.com/image.php?u=30840&dateline=1350967083

Country of Origin: Undisclosed
Site Join Date: January 27, 2010
Most Known For: Being an under the radar threat in debate competitions. He hasn't put it together in a debate tournament yet, but good fundamentals lead to great performances, and he has 'em in spades.

Badger's Betting Odds:

takerson 50/1 - His first time in this tournament but has plied his trade in Fiction Fight several time but always been against more experienced opposition and never made it past the first round. On a bit more of a level playing field so now is the time to get serious and untuck the shirt.

kdestiny 80/1 - Seen him a bit in Fiction Fight, but in a losing effort. Not seen enough of him in the wrestling forums, so have to put him as a bit of an outsider I'm afraid.

its not the fact that this finish happened, it's the fact that it happened after only one pedigree.

to me this finish would've been more effective had Triple H had hit him with a devastating third or fourth pedigree of the match. I think it's the fact that it happened after one that made people so angry.

I loved it. I don't get all the hate for it. Best WM since 24, in my opinion. EPIC looking stadium to start.

Shield vs. Orton/Sheamus/Show was a great pick to open the show, and it was great. Loved everything about it. Especially the whole finishing sequence.

Ryback vs. Henry was a tad boring, but made up for it with an epic finish followed by a "WM Moment" with Ryback hoisting up Henry twice.

Tag Title Match was on FIRE. Loved it.

Jericho vs. Fandango was surprisingly great. I knew it'd be good but it surpassed my expectations.

Even the Puffy concert wasn't that bad, mostly due to the epic Rocky music. ha.

Del Rio vs. Swagger was about what I expected, not bad, not spectacular.

Taker vs. Punk fucking rocked. EPIC entrance for Taker with the souls reaching up at him. Amazing imagery there. The match was amazing. Loved every single second of it.

HHH vs. Lesnar killed it too. Felt BIG. They destroyed eachother. Very satisfying.

And Rock/Cena blew their match from last year out of the water and delivered. Period. They had a good match. Great reversals, great nods to the last match, great everything.

This FELT like WrestleMania, big, important, special. I'm almost upset it's over. Great show.

Kdestiny
April 29th, 2013, 7:18 PM
If I get an NXT question, I am totally screwed

Kev
April 29th, 2013, 7:41 PM
I'm the same with anything pre-attitude era, but with enough youtube, research and determination you'll be just fine mate.

Kdestiny
April 29th, 2013, 7:46 PM
the thing I know will go against that is I am against Takerson who has been to every NXT since moving to Full Sail while I haven't seen a single one.

virms
April 29th, 2013, 7:56 PM
Just make shit up and call takerson a liar who is making shit up because everyone knows his nxt background and that no one will question him. Make it believable enough and you will be fine.

I mean at some point after I defeat judas I will say he was a worthy foe but everyone will know that is just pure bs and that he is only worthy of filthy cockroaches who live in feces and mate with their 1st cousins. That is how New York swine roll.

Kdestiny
April 29th, 2013, 7:58 PM
That is true. I've seen it

takerson
April 30th, 2013, 12:55 AM
:D

Cewsh
April 30th, 2013, 3:25 PM
ONLY ONE DAY LEFT.

FOCUS ON: THE FICTION FIGHTERS

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu132/CewshReviews/BetterBracketMakerThe9thWilfredsDebateCup_zps5f820 dd5.png

Kneeneighbor

https://forums.rajah.com/image.php?u=12810&dateline=1366083473

Site Join Date: April 14th, 2003
Most Known For: Just recently coming out of his shell. Knee has long been someone on the cusp of breaking out into regular activity, and recently he's gone after it in the wrestling forums. He has plenty of Fiction Fight experience, and if he can put the right pieces together, he knows how to win.

Mills

https://forums.rajah.com/image.php?u=8704&dateline=1266973112

Site Join Date: May 28th, 2002
Credentials: Fiction Fight 5.0 Finalist
Most Known For: Being underestimated. While it may surprise some to see how long Mills has been around here, it surprises them even more when Mills runs circles around them. Take him lightly, and he will roll over you and you won't even know what happened.

Badger's Betting Odds:

Kneeneighbor 50/1 - Like takerson in the few times I've seen him in action, is solid but loses to more experience opposition. Has potential to break the ceiling this year though.

Mills 40/1 - A solid poster who has been unlucky to make it past the early rounds both in here and in Fiction Fight. Did win the Fiction fight battle royal with Wolverine though which gives him some momentum coming in.

Mike Bennett in WWE would be fantastic news. He isn't unique like Calihan or Ambrose, but he sticks out in a good way. Great mic skills for an indy wrestler, gets psychology, grasps the concept of his gimmick, and he can actually wrestle too. I'd love him to bring in his girlfriend (fiance?) Maria, but it isn't necessary and may actually hinder him since she's somewhat established in WWE, only as a face too.

Always been a HHH fan here as well.

I think the thing to do with the shield is hold off till post Mania for a break up. Thats the time they can experiment a little when typically some of the mega names take some time off and the part timers are gone.

Cewsh
April 30th, 2013, 3:26 PM
And that's everybody, boys and girls. Study your potential opponents, choose your favorites, and get ready to ride. The first two matches will get underway tomorrow.

Kev
April 30th, 2013, 7:21 PM
Sweet, when my round comes up I'm going to debate entirely through a hybrid of strip-tease and ribbon dance.

Also known as Wednesday evenings :beer:

The Law
May 1st, 2013, 11:38 AM
Is the person listed first the debate title the one who has been selected to go first?

Cewsh
May 1st, 2013, 11:44 AM
Crap, forgot to do the coin tosses. One moment.

Cewsh
May 1st, 2013, 11:49 AM
There we go, winner of the coin toss for each tie has been edited in. Now let's get this bad boy started!

Some notes for new players:

- If you are going second, please make ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that you do not respond to anything the other person said in their introduction post. I will make you delete anything that is a direct response to what the other guy said in your introduction.

- Use pictures, videos and gifs! Getting your point across visually goes a long way towards helping people see your side of an argument. There is no limit on how many you can use, (within reason,) so use every resource at your disposal.

- There's nothing wrong with waiting and seeing how the more experienced people go about things. Learn from them and find your own debate voice along the way.

- Losing happens. Don't take it too hard. This is a prestigious tournament, and people are going to be busting their asses for wins. Any victory here is a big deal, and won't be easy.

Good luck!

JP
May 1st, 2013, 11:54 AM
Law and Psycho already looks like it's going to be a clash of styles, should be interesting.

Cewsh
May 1st, 2013, 11:54 AM
It took The Law barely half an hour to bring the thunder. Hot damn.

Badger
May 1st, 2013, 12:00 PM
Wait so I'm a judge now? Thought those spots were filled.

The Law
May 1st, 2013, 12:06 PM
Do the couple try-out matches that AJ Styles wrestled in WWE mean he's ineligible for "Who should WWE sign" topic?

Cewsh
May 1st, 2013, 12:20 PM
Wait so I'm a judge now? Thought those spots were filled.

Haha, yeah, I could've sworn I PMed you, but Vice decided that you were a more worthy choice and stepped down. Is that okay with you?

Do the couple try-out matches that AJ Styles wrestled in WWE mean he's ineligible for "Who should WWE sign" topic?

Nope. He was never signed.

Badger
May 1st, 2013, 12:22 PM
That's hokey cokey with me.

Cewsh
May 1st, 2013, 12:23 PM
:heart:

Vice
May 1st, 2013, 2:32 PM
Did Matty not accept?

Cewsh
May 1st, 2013, 2:36 PM
I had already promised the next spot to Badger.

Cewsh
May 1st, 2013, 5:48 PM
Defrost is next on the board. Another very strong start.

Judas Iscariot
May 1st, 2013, 5:56 PM
Virm fears me.

Kneeneighbor
May 1st, 2013, 5:58 PM
Ill fire my opening slavo tonight.

Mills
May 1st, 2013, 6:44 PM
More like opening suckvo.... am I rite?

virms
May 1st, 2013, 9:49 PM
[QUOTE=Judas Iscariot;7113803]Virm fears me.[/QUOTE
I plan on posting my first post 2 minutes before deadline.

Kidding. I haven't been home since 8 am. Should be back in an hour or two.

Ps: since you cant use anything I say in the first post you can go ahead and type up your pitiful attempt at making dean ambrose seem like a wrestler normal human beings would give a shit about.

Then you can rewrite it when I may or may not use him just to maoe you pull out your flithy unwashed hippy fro.

the_man_diva
May 1st, 2013, 10:02 PM
I'm a little saddened there wasn't a "get to know ..." the judges ;) lol.

Judas Iscariot
May 1st, 2013, 10:05 PM
The person who I believe should be the star to step in for Cena and Punk is me, so you can do whatever the fuck you want.

And I don't have have a fro. I haven't for years, though it was glorious.

Go get involved in a another Vince McMahon suggested incest angle, you filthy, disgusting excuse of a human being.

virms
May 1st, 2013, 10:06 PM
If I was related to kaitlyn I might just do that :shifty:

Judas Iscariot
May 1st, 2013, 10:08 PM
BTW virm bangs his cousin who is his mother who is his father.

virms
May 1st, 2013, 10:14 PM
Take your meds judas. I 9nly bang your cousin who is your girlfriend. She likes it up the butt and on her face.

Judas Iscariot
May 1st, 2013, 10:29 PM
:cool:

Defrost
May 2nd, 2013, 1:23 AM
I will never forgive DDT for making me say bad things about Kazuchika Okada

Also getting my post down to 350 words was a bitch and a half.

virms
May 2nd, 2013, 2:36 AM
Mine will be up in the afternoon. Of course Judas the boozer will sleep till 9 pm.

Mills
May 2nd, 2013, 3:07 AM
Mine will also be up in the afternoon, too late for a logical response

Judas Iscariot
May 2nd, 2013, 10:11 AM
Mine will be up in the afternoon. Of course Judas the boozer will sleep till 9 pm.

I post in my sleep so don't worry about it.

Cewsh
May 2nd, 2013, 11:30 AM
I'm loving the debate between DDT and Defrost so far. Even if you don't know the guys they're talking about, I hope you guys all pay close attention to that tie. Either one of those two is a serious threat.

Kdestiny
May 2nd, 2013, 11:44 AM
Yes, I have been doing research on those two and it's looking really good.

Kotre
May 2nd, 2013, 12:53 PM
I'm loving the debate between DDT and Defrost so far. Even if you don't know the guys they're talking about, I hope you guys all pay close attention to that tie. Either one of those two is a serious threat.

They've both made very strong cases, but I think they missed a trick by not going for someone like Shelley, Sting or Aries. Namely guys who speak English as a first language and cut their teeth working in America and are used to working in front of a similar setup to WWE's. Yes, the first two have worked for WWE on one occasion, but I wouldn't count a failed tryout and the last episode of Nitro as working for WWE.

But if they can make a stronger case for their guys then who am I to criticise?

Cewsh
May 2nd, 2013, 12:59 PM
I ruled pretty definitively that only people who have been signed to WWE contracts apply here.

And there are a ton of choices they could have gone with. That's what makes it fun. I could roll out the exact same question next year and get a totally different debate.

Kimura Kid
May 2nd, 2013, 1:01 PM
Yeah I was a little shocked they went with the guys they did. but it's been a good read for sure.

Kotre
May 2nd, 2013, 1:03 PM
I ruled pretty definitively that only people who have been signed to WWE contracts apply here.

And there are a ton of choices they could have gone with. That's what makes it fun. I could roll out the exact same question next year and get a totally different debate.

I haven't read all of the posts in this thread, which is why I covered my arse with the Sting and Shelley disclaimer.

DDT
May 2nd, 2013, 1:26 PM
I will never forgive DDT for making me say bad things about Kazuchika Okada

Also getting my post down to 350 words was a bitch and a half.

Suck it, bitch. :p

chatty
May 2nd, 2013, 1:30 PM
have I missed something. Now Cena and Punk are gone - is this a fictional question or a question as who will bide WWE over for the next month or so?

DDT
May 2nd, 2013, 1:32 PM
It's a fictional world where they got in a car wreck and died.

chatty
May 2nd, 2013, 1:35 PM

Nice:lol:

Cewsh
May 2nd, 2013, 2:15 PM
Check the paragraph above the question.

Vice
May 2nd, 2013, 2:33 PM
Dude. Spoilers.

Defrost
May 2nd, 2013, 3:42 PM
This is still 3 posts and out right?

Cewsh
May 2nd, 2013, 3:56 PM
Yep, you're done for round 1. :yes:

Judas Iscariot
May 2nd, 2013, 4:30 PM
Really cunning strategy by virm here, using up all of the alotted time before MAKING HIS FIRST POST

DDT
May 2nd, 2013, 5:37 PM
Ba-boom; first debate done. Defrost, we are awesome. :yes:

Cewsh
May 2nd, 2013, 6:06 PM
DDT and Defrost's tie is complete. Voting is open immediately for everyone except for people actively in the tournament, so head on over and have your say, everyone. :yes:

Badger
May 2nd, 2013, 6:57 PM
Vote is in the post boss. :yes:

chatty
May 2nd, 2013, 6:58 PM
do you just pick in the thread or PM

Cewsh
May 2nd, 2013, 7:00 PM
You just reply right there in the thread. The judges send me their's via PM for secrecy, so the people voting in the popular vote don't automatically know who the winner will be.

Also, this hasn't been addressed, but if the two judges vote one way, and the popular vote goes the other, then I am the deciding vote.

virms
May 2nd, 2013, 7:13 PM
I am on my way home and the only thing I will be doing is my post. Meant to destroy Judas this afternoon.

virms
May 2nd, 2013, 7:22 PM
Err forgot we are going to iron man 3 in two hours. I will have it up before or after that.

Kimura Kid
May 2nd, 2013, 7:34 PM
Err forgot we are going to iron man 3 in two hours. I will have it up before or after that.

http://www.powerupsnotincluded.com/storage/son-300x224.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=13493971811 49

virms
May 2nd, 2013, 8:08 PM
Another pic of you kid? Fuck dude you reviewed the new wwe title, you are healthy freddie mercury, you are mr. 600 dollar suit (c'mon) and now you are this guy?

Go back to the nxt thread with takerson, dark shadow. :p

Kimura Kid
May 2nd, 2013, 8:12 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/162/664/fckuk_this_thread_im_out_of_here_gif.gif

Judas Iscariot
May 2nd, 2013, 8:27 PM
virm has been sitting around with his thumb up his ass all day because he knows he can't beat me.

Psycho666Soldier
May 2nd, 2013, 8:28 PM
Sorry for the late response. It's been a hectic week. I'll get my first post up late tonight. Sorry for the unintentional sandbag, Law. I'll have more time Friday assuming you get a quick response up.

Mills
May 3rd, 2013, 1:24 AM
Gauntlet THROWN

virms
May 3rd, 2013, 1:59 AM
virm has been sitting around with his thumb up his ass all day because he knows he can't beat me.

GAME. SET. MATCH.

virms
May 3rd, 2013, 2:05 AM
Been almost 10 minutes since I posted so I am assuming Judas has quit. Rightfully so. PUSSY

virms
May 3rd, 2013, 2:13 AM
Yep Judas ran away.