PDA

View Full Version : First time main eventer

Bluegunn
April 14th, 2013, 3:03 PM
So now that Ziggler has finally gotten himself to main event status who do you think will be pushed next for the first time?

Personally I can see Cody being pushed next and will win the Briefcase eventually. Funny how just a few years ago most people thought Debiase would go further than Cody

JP
April 14th, 2013, 3:17 PM
Funny how just a few years ago most people thought Debiase would go further than Cody

Not me, I remember being pretty much the only person arguing Cody's case back then over DiBiase. Strange thing was it didn't even seem a close thing to me.

And I agree, I have a feeling he'll be winning the Blue Briefcase this year.

Bluegunn
April 14th, 2013, 3:24 PM
I argued it as well, but that was only because I saw his ring work before Ted's

turdpower
April 14th, 2013, 3:29 PM
Yes, I thought this too and was right against everyone else.

Bennedy
April 14th, 2013, 3:34 PM
I think Sandow has a better chance at main eventing than Rhodes. I am a big fan of the guy. He is different to anything they have had in a while.

Ambrose will be huge in about 3-4 years as well.

Andy
April 14th, 2013, 3:37 PM
My predictions for the MITB winners: Bryan for the WWE title and Barrett for the WHC.

Bennedy
April 14th, 2013, 3:40 PM
How will they even decide who goes into what MITB match? I couldn't tell you who is a Raw or a Smackdown superstar these days.

Atty
April 14th, 2013, 3:51 PM
Bryan's the obvious next guy to push, so I expect it will be Fandango...

One Man Gang
April 14th, 2013, 3:57 PM
Not me, I remember being pretty much the only person arguing Cody's case back then over DiBiase. Strange thing was it didn't even seem a close thing to me.

Well I made a thread titled "why Ted over Cody?" because I was genuinely confused over people saying Ted was superior. Beat that! hehe

I do not want Rhodes winning his first heavyweight title via MITB cash in. I want it to be via some tournament or from earning a title shot another way where he has to compete in an actual fair contest. That said, I concede that it is likely if he does win a major belt, it will be via a cash in and I will probably mark out just the same. However if he is to have a shot at this years case, he needs to break free of the Rhodes Scholars. Because jobbing to the Usos on Saturday Morning Slam doesn't scream title run. I am glad the tag division has credible tag teams in it at the moment, but it's clear the Rhodes Scholars will never win the title belts now that Hell No are feuding with the Shield.

mth
April 14th, 2013, 3:57 PM

Me and OMG were on the Cody Train from the get-go, as well.

I'm more than ready for Hell No to split and for DB to get pushed back up the card. A solid couple of PPV matches to feud with Kane to split the team with DB coming out strong in the end leading to an MITB win and so on.

G-Fresh
April 14th, 2013, 4:09 PM
DB is the future.

Bluegunn
April 14th, 2013, 4:28 PM
My predictions for the MITB winners: Bryan for the WWE title and Barrett for the WHC.

I was not asking about MITB winners, I was asking for first time main eventers. Both Barrett and Bryan have both been pushed to main event status before.

Andy
April 14th, 2013, 5:11 PM
I know I went off track.

To go even more off track I really think Bryan needs a new entrance theme and a new finisher to go with the Yes Lock.

mth
April 14th, 2013, 5:19 PM
I've got no problem with DB's theme. A remix is about all I'd go for. As far as a secondary finisher, he should have another submission. For being a submission expert, he really doesn't use that many holds. Some kind of leglock, maybe?

G-Fresh
April 14th, 2013, 5:24 PM
He should start using an Inverted STF.

Hero!
April 14th, 2013, 6:03 PM
He should start ending matches with that guillotine choke or even a rear-naked choke

OR THE CATTLE MUTILATION FFS

Hero!
April 14th, 2013, 6:05 PM
Me and OMG were on the Cody Train from the get-go, as well.

Uh, scuse me, SIR, you hated Cody for the longest time. I'VE been on the Cody bandwagon since he and dibiase murdered DX with the awesome submission around the ringpost.

Tainted Eclipse
April 14th, 2013, 6:06 PM
If Bryan were to really go into the main event, I'd love it if they took the time to cultivate him as a guy who could make someone tap out in any given hold. Have his Yes Lock being his most effective move of course, but make it so he taps guys to leg locks, arm bars, any sort of good looking submission move on occasion to get him over as a real submission expert and to add believability to a guy his size mixing it up with the giants, Cena, Sheamus, etc. It would take awhile for the crowd really to buy it and have "DB submission" in general be an over move, but they got a guy like Taker to have a whole bunch of over finishing moves, so it just takes time. Also the popularity of MMA should make it easier for any given submission to be a possible match ender from a skilled expert.

Rip
April 14th, 2013, 6:08 PM
Uh, scuse me, SIR, you hated Cody for the longest time. I'VE been on the Cody bandwagon since he and dibiase murdered DX with the awesome submission around the ringpost.

mth and I have been fans of Goldust since the 95 though Hero, therefore by extension we've been aware of Codys main event potential since he was 10.

mth
April 14th, 2013, 6:17 PM
:lol: I never knew you for a LIAR, Hero. I've liked Cody since he debuted. Provide some evidence to support your lies.

Mills
April 14th, 2013, 6:51 PM
DB needs the guillotine choke. Its something thats believable against everyone from Hornswaggle to big show

Vice
April 14th, 2013, 8:18 PM
I want to see Byron Dragonson use a Twister:

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/684765/ncd1jc.gif

The guillotine choke is a good shout, though, since it works on everybody. Though in theory, the big guys should just slam the shit out of him to break the hold.. which I suppose could add some cool drama with him refusing to let go of it.

Some good guillotine drama:

http://imgboot.com/images/jakoshields/jakeshieldsguillotinechokesrobbielawlerelitexclawl ervsshields.gif

mth
April 14th, 2013, 8:31 PM
He was using the guillotine here and there awhile back and even one a match or two with it. Would be groovy if he started using it again and as a regular finisher.

Vice
April 14th, 2013, 8:46 PM
Actually, thinking about it, my vote is this:

http://i.imgur.com/GGHEA9Y.jpg

Ochoa
April 14th, 2013, 8:55 PM
Wade Barrett. Not that I don't like Cody, but I love me some Wade.

G-Fresh
April 14th, 2013, 8:56 PM
Wade should have been main eventing 2+ years ago.

Anaconda Sniper
April 14th, 2013, 9:07 PM
Wade should already be there...but with Orton getting injured and then himself getting injured a couple months later probably derailed that. Daniel Bryan should really be a main player..I mean he is kinda already but he should be up higher on the totem pole. Then you got Rhodes, Sandow, and Cesaro who all can hold their own with anyone and put on great matches. And then theres the man that has been missing named Christian who should take the veteran role that HBK had from 2007-2010..having main event matches with everyone..and deserves "one more match."

Ochoa
April 14th, 2013, 9:59 PM
Ever the more reason why Barrett should be next in line. Hoping he holds the IC Title for a long time.

Psycho666Soldier
April 14th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Bryan and Barrett are the next two they should focus on, for sure. Bryan's been ready throughout the whole year of 2012, and Barrett is just too good for the midcard. That said, I'd like to see Barrett run with the IC title for the majority of the year to look like a strong Champion, as he's had very weak title runs throughout his whole career. Let him go past SummerSlam, and put over the next guy. From there, start building him towards the Main Event. He should have a World Title by Summer of 2014.

Daniel Bryan should have a World Title by WrestleMania at the latest. He's fucking money.

Zacharie
April 14th, 2013, 10:27 PM
I think they're determined to make Swagger a main guy. I'll go ahead and predict a title run by the end of the summer for him.

Other than him... Ryback

Rhodes, Bryan, and Barrett would be pretty awesome though. I don't see it happening though.

G-Fresh
April 14th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Lets hope.

WE THE PEOPLE!

Psycho666Soldier
April 14th, 2013, 10:53 PM
I want to see Ryback as a main eventer, but I feel like they've almost already put him there with how regularly he has been a part of WWE Title feuds. He'll get his, and he needs to, but ideally, I wouldn't want him getting the belt until closer to 'Mania time, if not at 'Mania.

G-Fresh
April 14th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Maybe the WHC. Ryback needs to stay the fuck away from the WWE belt.

mr sabu
April 14th, 2013, 11:22 PM
He was using the guillotine here and there awhile back and even one a match or two with it. Would be groovy if he started using it again and as a regular finisher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlBjqDlCWuU

G-Fresh
April 14th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Fuck yeah. He made that shit look good.

Bluegunn
April 15th, 2013, 2:27 AM
Wrestlers yet to get a main event push (Singles):
Riley
Cesaro
Langston
Bo Dallas
Brodus
Camacho
Cody
Hawkins
Sandow
Darren Young
Otunga
Drew Mcintyre
Epico
Bourne
Ezekiel Jackson
Fandango
Slater
Hunico
Jimmy Uso
Jay Uso
Jinder Mahal
JTG
Gabriel
Kofi
McGillicutty
Primo
Reigns
Santino
Rollins
Sin Cara
Dibiase
Tensai
Titus O'neal
Tyson Kidd
Yoshi Tatsu
Ryder
Most of NXT

As for Bryan's alternate finisher, he used to put on a heck of a triangle choke.

JP
April 15th, 2013, 3:40 AM
:lol:

Rajah: Where hindsight can physically change time and space.

Some of you are nothing but wholesale fibbers!

kangus
April 15th, 2013, 4:26 AM
Whatever JP. I knew when Cody was 5 years old he was going to be a big star. I even told him he should grow a moustache one day.

JP
April 15th, 2013, 4:38 AM
Whatever JP. I knew when Cody was 5 years old he was going to be a big star. I even told him he should grow a moustache one day.

Thank you for that, his moustache is reason for being.

Atty
April 15th, 2013, 9:37 AM
As for Bryan's alternate finisher, he used to put on a heck of a triangle choke.

He already has a great submission finisher. His second would need to be a pinfall one.

JP
April 15th, 2013, 10:33 AM
He already has a great submission finisher. His second would need to be a pinfall one.

He already has one, Diving Headbutt.

Bennedy
April 15th, 2013, 10:38 AM
That done Benoit the world of good.

JRSlim21
April 15th, 2013, 7:36 PM
Whenever Bryan goes back to being a heel, he should bring back "I have til 5" and the repeated elbows.