PDA

View Full Version : Randy Orton is a boring shit

Vice
April 11th, 2013, 9:14 PM
...which is a true shame because he has all the tools in the world to be someone truly great. WWE just has a terrible time getting everything lined up. He's either exciting in the ring, but they don't know what to do with him.. they give him an awesome character that shits it up in the ring.. he's clearly not giving a shit but getting a big push.. etc. The stars have only briefly aligned for him, unfortunately.

Right now I think he is a boring shit, and I've thought that for quite some time. He was cool for a bit before he became the RV driving family man.

So, talk about Orton here.

Cewsh
April 11th, 2013, 9:19 PM
Right now he is utterly dull. If he turned heel tomorrow, he'd be in my top 5 favorite wrestlers.

Hero!
April 11th, 2013, 9:22 PM
He should learn to breathe fire. I'd get behind that.

Kimura Kid
April 11th, 2013, 9:24 PM
Is it true he only wrestles for the money because it was an easy career path due to his ties to wrestling? My buddy on the indies told me that but as a fan of Randy I hate to think it's true. From what I've heard around here he doesn't seem like he has the drive to be the best. He's happy flying under the radar collecting a paycheck.

mth
April 11th, 2013, 9:27 PM
I've only been interested in Orton about three times in his entire WWE career:
1. When he first debuted because I'm always curious about new talent.
2. When he was punting all the McMahons in the head (which went downhill fast).
3. ...
I forgot the other time. I think that says a lot.
Great look, terribly bland character, horrible on the mic. He's ok in the ring but he's got that five moves of doom thing which can be a bit of a turn off at times. Oh, and I loathe the pre-RKO mat pounding.

Psycho666Soldier
April 11th, 2013, 9:30 PM
I will say that in the last 2 years I have been watching, he has been more a victim of the "5 Moves of Doom" syndrome than Cena has. I think I've seen him pull out a total of 3 different moves outside of his signature repertoire. His T-Bone Suplex on RAW was pretty sweet though.

virms
April 11th, 2013, 9:30 PM
Is it true he only wrestles for the money because it was an easy career path due to his ties to wrestling? My buddy on the indies told me that but as a fan of Randy I hate to think it's true. From what I've heard around here he doesn't seem like he has the drive to be the best. He's happy flying under the radar collecting a paycheck.

Sock talk

I kid

G-Fresh
April 11th, 2013, 9:34 PM
He needs to grow out his hair and start doing RNN updates.

mth
April 11th, 2013, 9:37 PM
I will say that in the last 2 years I have been watching, he has been more a victim of the "5 Moves of Doom" syndrome than Cena has. I think I've seen him pull out a total of 3 different moves outside of his signature repertoire. His T-Bone Suplex on RAW was pretty sweet though.
You really liked the T-bone suplex? It just feels random to me and it doesn't help that it's Brodus Clay's signature. Kind of reminds me of when he was using the Angle Slam for a bit. Like he tries to freshen up his moveset but isn't creative and then just goes back to what he knows.

EDIT: That's it! The RNN Updates. That was number three. Thanks, DVDA.

Kev
April 11th, 2013, 9:38 PM
I think the only thing Orton has going for him is that he has a good grasp on how to end matches well. His promo ability is non-existent and while he does have more than a modicum of charisma it seems that he doesn't know what to do with it. He's one of those blokes that has the "IT" factor but is unsure how to go about using it to transcend into the upper echelon with the likes of Cena.

It really is a shame given the opportunities that he's had over the years as the Legend Killer, a member of Evolution, the anti-Evolution leader, a strong program with 'Taker and other main programs with the likes of Cena and again HHH... yet he's never felt like hey's really a key guy, instead more of an interchangeable component. Perhaps that is his lot in life, as he seems content to just sit and ride the coat-tails of the likes of the talent around him... who haven't been breaking any new ground either.

For the record though, I love the mat-pounding :ashamed:

Kimura Kid
April 11th, 2013, 9:39 PM
Sock talk

I kid

I actually get how that's sock talk, haha....but I really just look to you guys for confirmation on these things and hope you can share some insight.

Mark Hammer
April 11th, 2013, 9:39 PM
I enjoyed him in Rated RKO, Evolution, and Legacy. But basically without henchmen/stable mates (and as a babyface) he is a boring turd.

One Man Gang
April 11th, 2013, 9:41 PM
He needs to become interested in the U.S. or Intercontinental Championship.

G-Fresh
April 11th, 2013, 9:43 PM
I actually get how that's sock talk, haha....but I really just look to you guys for confirmation on these things and hope you can share some insight.

I put a sock on my cock and then sing Billy Idol songs to my dogs.

And by dogs I mean children with tourettes that look like Solomon from Gummo.

Kimura Kid
April 11th, 2013, 9:45 PM
He needs to become interested in the U.S. or Intercontinental Championship.

Oh god no!! There's no turning back once you've won the big one and then focus on the mid card title. :/

mth
I enjoyed him in Rated RKO, Evolution, and Legacy. But basically without henchmen/stable mates (and as a babyface) he is a boring turd.

I was actually thinking about it and was thinking along the same lines. I much prefer when he's in a tag team or group rather than solo.

Mark Hammer

Speaking of boring shit.

Andy
Yep, he's utterly dull. I enjoyed how pissed off be was on Monday. Hopefully he and Sheamus take the hint and get their acts together.

Kyle_242
April 11th, 2013, 9:46 PM
Loved him when he was the cocky little upstart in Evolution. Hated him when he turned face cuz he's too pretty to be a heel. Loved him when he RKO'd Stacy Keibler. Stopped watching.

Started watching. Orton is now some bald psycho guy with more tattoos and thinks he's a snake. He's also heading his own faction called The Legacy. Ok, I liked him before, but character development and all that. He turns face, I get excited because I foolishly think he has Austin-level potential based on his fan popularity. Starts becoming Superman Orton. All downhill from there, save for a solid match here and there.

I agree with the first sentence of the thread entirely. He has all the tools, but him and the WWE have never been able to put it all together for whatever reason. It's frustrating, and feels like a missed opportunity.

G-Fresh
April 11th, 2013, 9:47 PM
Speaking of boring shit.

Get up off muh steez bitch.

Kimura Kid
April 11th, 2013, 9:48 PM

http://i47.tinypic.com/2lmlzls.jpg

Your Nutz!! And Cewsh said I transformed into you....... lmfao good times

G-Fresh
April 11th, 2013, 9:53 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/2lmlzls.jpg

Your Nutz!! And Cewsh said I transformed into you....... lmfao good times

Are you a creep?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi-Lc5Seo4w

One Man Gang
April 11th, 2013, 9:53 PM
The great thing about Orton is that you can knock on his hotel room door until he comes out to take a picture with you.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i244/Dixie_____normous/tumblr_mb33ilM6SG1qjjy0zo1_1280.jpg

At least I think that's what's going on here...

Kneeneighbor
April 11th, 2013, 9:55 PM
I've only been interested in Orton about three times in his entire WWE career:
1. When he first debuted because I'm always curious about new talent.
2. When he was punting all the McMahons in the head (which went downhill fast).
3. ...
I forgot the other time. I think that says a lot.
Great look, terribly bland character, horrible on the mic. He's ok in the ring but he's got that five moves of doom thing which can be a bit of a turn off at times. Oh, and I loathe the pre-RKO mat pounding.

The mat pounding routine is so lame.

Kimura Kid
April 11th, 2013, 9:56 PM
Are you a creep?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi-Lc5Seo4w

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/162/664/fckuk_this_thread_im_out_of_here_gif.gif

The Law
April 11th, 2013, 9:56 PM
Orton's been coasting basically since he lost the title to Henry. He was hugely over in 2010 when they turned him and had that great series of matches with Christian in 2011, but they've had no interest in doing anything with him since he dropped the title and he's been totally disinterested lately. He runs through the exact same series of moves in every match, in the same order, at the same time in the match.

I think there are a few things at play here: 1) Orton clearly doesn't like being a face 2) He's probably not happy with his position on the card. Understandably, they don't want to invest a ton of resources in a guy who is one failed drug test away from being fired. They should definitely turn him heel, but I'm not sure exactly what the future holds for him. He needs to get motivated, but it's probably going to take more of a push to get him motivated. So which comes first?

I have three things I want to point out about Randy:

1) He's 33. Younger than Del Rio, Cesaro, Punk, Sheamus, and several other "young" guys. He still has a long career ahead of him.

2) He's been screwed over by the bookers about as bad as anyone else on the roster. In 2004, they put the title on him too soon, took it off him too soon, turned him babyface too soon, and ruined his character. In 2009, he was the hottest guy on the roster until they had Triple H beat him at Wrestlemania. If he had gone over Triple H I think he was headed to a level where he would truly rival Cena as top guy.

3) His promos might actually be the worst of anyone on the roster now that John Morrison is gone.

Simmo Fortyone
April 11th, 2013, 9:59 PM
I'd be fine with him if they never, ever let him speak. And maybe just strolling in and RKO cunts for no reason every now and then.

The Law
April 11th, 2013, 10:00 PM
I've been proposing that he become a silent character for years now. That way we wouldn't have to listen to his monotone promos.

Atty
April 11th, 2013, 10:01 PM
He needs to shit in more purses and take more drugs.

mth
April 11th, 2013, 10:10 PM
I'd be fine with him if they never, ever let him speak. And maybe just strolling in and RKO cunts for no reason every now and then.
I think it's too late now but giving him a manager and making him a silent assassin type might have worked out well. Push him more towards the cold emotionless robot side, ditch the 'voices' crazy spazzy shtick, have him be stealthy and strictly business while the manager puts him over as perfectly built for the industry, etc. That's part of why I don't think his character works now...the snake comparison works when he's robotoic but then it all clashes with the spazzy psycho voices crap.

G-Fresh
April 11th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Dutch would have made a good manager for him.

Dave
April 11th, 2013, 10:25 PM
I think it's too late now but giving him a manager and making him a silent assassin type might have worked out well. Push him more towards the cold emotionless robot side, ditch the 'voices' crazy spazzy shtick, have him be stealthy and strictly business while the manager puts him over as perfectly built for the industry, etc.In a similar way that Heyman works for Lesnar?

He does just seem to go through the motions at the moment - and yet continues (Monday night match aside) to receieve one of the biggest reactions of anyone on the current roster when he appears. As many have said he has "it" but just doesn't seem to have the motivation to use it.

Bill Casey
April 11th, 2013, 10:32 PM
That sounds like it's your buddy's opinion of Orton...

I doubt that's true...
I think it's more he has those family connections, makes a lot of money and is in a spot most indy wrestlers would kill for...
And he seems stagnant...

Kimura Kid
April 11th, 2013, 10:39 PM
That sounds like it's your buddy's opinion of Orton...

I doubt that's true...
I think it's more he has those family connections, makes a lot of money and is in a spot most indy wrestlers would kill for...
And he seems stagnant...

Could be, I would hate to think it's true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=AC4Q2UgACJ8&NR=1

This Is Money!! Listen to that reaction. Not the best interview but if booked properly he still has the ability to get over big time!

Cewsh
April 11th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Well honestly, Orton is crazy over right now considering how little reason he's given for it. WWE only half heartedly pushes him and he mails it in, but when his music hits, people go nuts.

Judas Iscariot
April 11th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Well they're obviously afraid to push him because he's a fucking moron. His wellness violations aside, he was a fucking moron when he first got in there while he was shitting all over the place.

Why he gets his reactions, I really don't know.

Is it because his name... Is... (heywhatsmylineohyeah)... Randy... Orton...

Atty
April 11th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Well honestly, Orton is crazy over right now considering how little reason he's given for it. WWE only half heartedly pushes him and he mails it in, but when his music hits, people go nuts.
As evidenced by RAW

Dave
April 11th, 2013, 10:57 PM
As evidenced by RAWI'm not sure how sarcastic you're being (if at all), but although the arena shit all over his match, the reaction for his first appearance on camera was one of the biggest for a non-IWC darling, and he still got a decent pop when he came out.

Kev
April 11th, 2013, 11:04 PM
And to be fair I don't think that particular RAW crowd is a good indication of the majority of WWE fans.

Certainly wish it was though :beer:

The Law
April 11th, 2013, 11:09 PM
I think it's fair to say Orton consistently gets the biggest pop of any full-time guy on the roster. The fact that his theme song has a killer opening probably helps, but his matches also get huge responses. The crowd absolutely flips out when he does his comeback. Despite having totally mailed it in for a solid year and a half at this point and not having had an interesting feud in forever he's still crazy over.

He really is an incredible talent. In the ring, everything he does is crisp and technically perfect. His timing is excellent and he definitely gets the crowd involved in his matches. He's not a good talker, but he's so charismatic that it doesn't really matter. If he more passion and wasn't an idiot he would probably be the top guy on the roster.

Judas Iscariot
April 11th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Again, he needs to do more of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIhxNyJtwuE

I do believe that there's at least one voice in his head that's fun.

Defrost
April 11th, 2013, 11:38 PM
More like Blandy Boreton I say

Judas Iscariot
April 11th, 2013, 11:46 PM
Unless his name was Blasafaki Bortoyama...

Wait, does the letter B and its pronunciation even exist when it comes to anglicizing Japanese names?

This is just dawning on me, but I don't think I've ever seen the letter B ever, even in the Japanese history classes I took back in college.

Defrost
April 11th, 2013, 11:49 PM

Wait, does the letter B and it's pronunciation even exist when it comes to anglicizing Japanese names?

This is just dawning on me, but I don't think I've ever seen the letter B ever, even in the Japanese history classes I took back in college.

There are Bs. And the way the whole l and r is a thing B has the same thing with V. For instance in Japan Vader is Big Ban Bader. And Vegeta from Dragonball is Bejita.

Bill Casey
April 11th, 2013, 11:59 PM

Wait, does the letter B and its pronunciation even exist when it comes to anglicizing Japanese names?

http://geektyrant.com/storage/post-images/10_ken_watanabe_the_last_samurai-p.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1275422288785

Baka ne...

Brian M.
April 12th, 2013, 12:57 AM
He should just wrestle Christian every week. Then I'd like him.

Maybe break it up with a match against Mark Henry every couple of months. That'll do.

Judas Iscariot
April 12th, 2013, 1:06 AM
What should happen is he should wrestle Dean Ambrose every week, and every week Dean Ambrose removes one of his limbs. And in each successful week Ambrose removes another limb, until he uses Orton's body parts to build a fire and ignite Orton's head. Then Ambrose goes to piss on it, but can't go. So he just walks away.

Because that's what Dean Ambrose does.

Brian M.
April 12th, 2013, 1:09 AM
I think my idea was more realistic Judas.

Atty
April 12th, 2013, 1:12 AM
Everyone should wrestle Christian at least once a week.

Mills
April 12th, 2013, 1:19 AM
Just turn him already. Sheamus, Del Rio, Cena, Ryback (theoretically) all are possible feuds, with 3 of them being fresh

Judas Iscariot
April 12th, 2013, 1:33 AM
I think my idea was more realistic Judas.

That just shows how out of touch you are with what the casual fans want.

Judas Iscariot
April 12th, 2013, 1:37 AM
Everyone should wrestle Christian at least once a week.

I wish I could remember the days that I was a Peep, but it's so far removed these days. As much as I've loved him, I haven't even noticed that he's gone. A part of it is because it seems every time he's come back lately, he gets hurt and put on the shelf just as soon.

That said, the second he comes back I'm gonna mark out like Defrost marking for Talayika Kokabatashiki.

Mills
April 12th, 2013, 1:49 AM
It's weird that Christian has almost no love from the WWE universe. The writers never seem to have anything for him when he comes back, then they come around in time for him to get injured again. its a vicious cycle

One Man Gang
April 12th, 2013, 2:06 AM
He took the Intercontinental Championship away from Rhodes last year. Well worth it. :mad:

JP
April 12th, 2013, 5:35 AM
The man is being forced to work with Sheamus, of course he's boring at the minute.

I'm a fan now, which took some time but I'm liking his quirks as a face. A Ziggler/Orton 3 ppv run program to really push Ziggler over the top could be fantastic.

Ringo
April 12th, 2013, 5:57 AM
Personally I think WWE's face/heel booking dichotomy is perhaps the biggest problem with their programming. Orton is one of the best examples. There isn't anyone else whose appeal has diminished to such an extent as Orton's since turning face. All they had to do was maintain his psychotic edge, but that's not the way they do things these days (and probably understandable given the target audience is youngsters).

I'll care about him again the day he turns heel.

kangus
April 12th, 2013, 9:18 AM
You know, Tons of Funk could use a third member....

Rip
April 12th, 2013, 9:36 AM
Again, he needs to do more of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIhxNyJtwuE

I do believe that there's at least one voice in his head that's fun.

The best part of that is Christians face, he genuinely looks like he thinks Orton has gone mad :lol:

Orton is treading water badly as a face, but I don't see him as being any different as a heel, his problem is he's almost gimmick free (being a grumpy twat isn't a gimmick, it's just him and it's all he's ever really done since his Injury Update stuff waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back) he needs to do something different to get his interest level up again.

Ringo
April 12th, 2013, 9:57 AM
Nah, I think psychotic loose cannon mentally unstable viper Orton was great. Even Orton haters were loving him at that time and the RKO chants from grown men and kids alike quickly increased. The formation of Legacy, McMahon hunting etc. Many of us saw real potential when he turned face but he was gradually watered down to the boring dickhead he is now.

ReDPath
April 12th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Orton is a victim of the Cena hype/unbeatable machine over the last decade just as much as he is a victim of his own work ethic.

Whether Cena has directly held him down or not, whether it was really McMahon who doesn't have the balls to turn Cena heel or let him lose much as a face.

He was never going to be anything special as long as Cena was the focal point.

It was a quick knee jerk reaction to people saying Cena had no true rival (which he still doesn't) during his era. So they fake pushed Orton to the sky in hopes of creating the illusion that he was Cena's equal, when in reality he never scored any meaningful wins over him that made you think they were equals.

Oh, and remember. Vince never had the nerve to turn Hogan heel, and he probably never would have. The WWE would likely be gone by 1995 had they kept Hogan around as a cookie cutter face holding down Hart, HBK, Diesal, etc.

It took a one hit wonder like Bischoff to actually try something different with Hogan.

Maybe Cena needs to go to TNA. They will turn him heel eventually, only nobody will care by then.

Jimmy Zero
April 12th, 2013, 10:33 AM
I don't agree with any of that. Orton hasn't been held down by Cena. Orton has been limited by the fact that he sucks at his job and can't stay clean.

Ringo
April 12th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Yeah me neither. Orton being the number 2 guy in the company isn't even a problem. Plenty of the most beloved wrestlers of the past have been the "number two guy" and still managed to be consistently entertaining and interesting. I don't know who has been booked stronger in terms of wins and losses but I think of Punk to the closest thing Cena has to an equal these days. Cena is number 1, Punk number 2 and Orton 3. I wonder if that is mostly due to Punk having more appeal and being better.

Matthew
April 12th, 2013, 11:36 AM
it's redpath, guys. :rolleyes:

VHS
April 12th, 2013, 11:48 AM
The only time Orton entertained me was when he did his jump-split celebration after RKO'ing Henry.

G-Fresh
April 12th, 2013, 5:06 PM
That was a great moment in wrestling history.

Bluegunn
April 14th, 2013, 3:27 PM
Yeah me neither. Orton being the number 2 guy in the company isn't even a problem. Plenty of the most beloved wrestlers of the past have been the "number two guy" and still managed to be consistently entertaining and interesting. I don't know who has been booked stronger in terms of wins and losses but I think of Punk to the closest thing Cena has to an equal these days. Cena is number 1, Punk number 2 and Orton 3. I wonder if that is mostly due to Punk having more appeal and being better.
Probably due to being straight edge and never failing a drug test