April 9th, 2013, 7:42 PM
From the director of District 9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNhdDDTY6Lk

Jimmy Zero
April 9th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Pretty damn cool.

Beer-Belly
April 11th, 2013, 9:12 AM
Looks good. I just worry about it being overly preachy and obvious about it's message.

Fro
April 11th, 2013, 9:28 AM
Looks good. District 9 was obviously the tits.

Jimmy Zero
April 11th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Looks good. I just worry about it being overly preachy and obvious about it's message.

District 9 wasn't exactly subtle, and I thought that was excellent.

Beer-Belly
April 11th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Yeah, but Elysium looks like it has a broader message of "rich people bad" which has the potential to be too on-the-nose unless it's handled carefully.

Jimmy Zero
April 11th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Yeah, that's true. But, honestly, I'll take heavy handedness in an otherwise well made and well acted movie over the shlocky bullshit that's so much more common in action/sci fi stuff these days.

Beer-Belly
April 11th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Yeah. I love RoboCop even though the "commentary" in that movie is eye rollingly simplistic. As long as it's entertaining and doesn't go too far up it's own ass, I probably won't have a problem with it.

VHS
April 11th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Neil's yearning to make the Halo movie is really showing through here, and I'm putting this as my most anticipated movie of 2013.

Mik
April 12th, 2013, 1:58 PM
The trailer is a bit low key, but I do like the looks of it. Cant see how it can be bad.

Alf
August 28th, 2013, 6:17 AM
I was so looking forward to it.

It is utter dire garbage.

The Rogerer
August 28th, 2013, 6:23 AM
Neil's yearning to make the Halo movie is really showing through here, and I'm putting this as my most anticipated movie of 2013.I don't trust anyone who would want to make a Halo movie. I can't think of a more creatively dead cash cow.

Jarrod1983
August 28th, 2013, 10:14 AM
It was alright. I like William Fitcher. I was happy he popped up just wish his role was a bit bigger.

VHS
August 28th, 2013, 10:50 AM
I'm with Jarrod here. It WAS just alright.

I find it highly implausible for a small rag-tag group of slumdogs easily flying a ship into space and hijacking an entire space station as easily as they did (Star Wars notwithstanding). And when they actually did get to Elysium, did anybody else feel like the place was sort of... empty? Unpopulated? It was like the entire Elysium set was several hallways, an empty front yard, and an empty mansion.

I still thought it was an ok film, just nowhere near as rewatchable as District 9.

Mik
August 28th, 2013, 4:45 PM
I'd go along with just alright too. Dragged a bit in the middle and was quite lazily written, but not too bad.