PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Rules 2013: 5/19 in St. Louis, Missouri

The Law
April 8th, 2013, 11:35 PM
So this show is actually six weeks away, which is a long time to go between Wrestlemania and the next PPV. Anyway, they definitely teased some of the major matches on Raw tonight. Here's the sense I got:

Cena vs. Ryback vs. Henry (Probably no stipulation here other than No Holds Barred)
Ziggler vs. Del Rio (Probably a Ladder Match)
Undertaker, Kane, and Bryan vs. Shield (Tornado Tag? Will the titles be on the line?)
Sheamus vs. Orton vs. Big Show (Steel Cage? Are they actually going to have two major Triple Threat Matches?)

Up in the air beyond that. If Brock fights, they'll probably do him and Triple H again. Last Man Standing? Probably some other stipulation too. If Brock wins, he gets a title shot at Summerslam? Heyman becomes GM of Raw? If Brock loses he gets fired?

Your guess is as good as mine for the rest of the card. AJ vs. Kaitlyn seems like a decent bet. Barrett will almost certainly be in action. Miz is just about the only contender for his title, so that would make sense.

Stringer Bell
April 9th, 2013, 3:54 AM
I think it's still a little early to assume both of those matches will be Triple Threats. I really can't see Sheamus/Orton/Show lasting that long. Cena/Ryback/Henry is probably likely. I'd like to see a good ol' elimination Three-Way Dance.

Shield vs. Hell No and Taker should be Extreme Rules and for the belts. Have Shield win, Taker disappears for the summer and Bryan turns heel on Kane. Then for the summer you could run face Ziggler vs. heel Bryan. Even if neither turn, a World Title feud should happen. And Shield defending the belts would be amazing.

Fandango vs. Jericho is probably a lock.

mr sabu
April 9th, 2013, 4:12 AM
it maybe not be mania but just imagine the impact if one of the shield members pins taker

Psycho666Soldier
April 9th, 2013, 5:27 AM
Yeah, I definitely don't see two three ways happening, but I feel if there is one happening, it'll be Orton/Sheamus/Show. Build them up to that match allowing Orton to get an RKO on Sheamus to leave him to lose to Big Show. If not, we'll see Orton turning before then with ER seeing Orton/Sheamus 1-on-1, but I feel that's actually the plans for a big summer feud. If Rock is in good shape by then, I think we're gonna get Rock/Cena III at Extreme Rules, with Henry and Ryback having a rematch. The winner will go on to face Cena, and potentially beat him. Ryback should win considering he's been losing all of his big matches, but I am very keen on the idea of Henry somehow getting the WWE Title first so Ryback can take it from him at SummerSlam or something. Either way, I am happy with the Championship Triangle they have with those two and Cena.

Shield vs. Hell No and Taker is pretty much a lock. I'm fucking stoked for that idea. Plus, it'll be nice to see Taker in a match after WrestleMania for the first time in a couple years. This would be the perfect match to finally let Shield get some of their comeuppance, but if that's the case, they need to immediately push them for the Tag Titles afterward, taking them at Payback ideally. I am cool with the idea of them winning at Extreme Rules, though. It'd be unprecedented and would continue their hot push.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a completely new contender for the Ziggler at Extreme Rules, or even Del Rio being "injured," allowing Swagger to get his shot. It would relive the history Swagger and Ziggler have together, and then Ziggler and Del Rio could do a short program before SummerSlam. Otherwise, we might be seeing Del Rio/Ziggler for this show.

Everything else is mostly up in the air, but with all of that lined up...I'm pretty pumped to say that I just might be going to this PPV.

Ochoa
April 9th, 2013, 5:30 AM
I am excited for this show. Have floor seats. Want to get a t-shirt online, but still haven't decided who yet. Anyway, definitely looking forward to this one.

StoneColdChris
April 9th, 2013, 5:48 AM
The prospect of Taker and Bryan on the same team has me giddy

Brian M.
April 9th, 2013, 4:23 PM
As long as they do Taker/Hell No VS The Shield I will probably buy this show.

If I was booking I'd do something like:

Cena VS Ryback Last Man Standing

Team Hell No/Undertaker VS The Shield No Holds Barred

Ziggler VS Del Rio Submisson Match (Ziggler debuts a new submission finisher and wins)

Orton VS Sheamus VS Big Show

Jericho VS Fandango VS Barrett VS Miz VS Cesaro VS Swagger Ladder match with IC and US Titles on the line

Mark Henry VS Sin Cara (just because I think it'd be awesome)

If Lesnar is indeed going to wrestle on the show I'd probably have him go against Jericho.

turdpower
April 9th, 2013, 5:11 PM
So a month ago you have people wondering if Taker will be wrestling at Mania. You have people speculating if he will wrestle again.

Now he's suddenly doing consecutive PPVs?

Brian M.
April 9th, 2013, 5:47 PM
Only reason I think it's a possibility is because he could have Kane and Bryan do most of the work in a six man tag. He is already confirmed to be wrestling a dark tag match while they are over in England, so why not another PPV?

The Law
April 9th, 2013, 8:30 PM
It seemed pretty clear on Raw that they were setting up Shield vs. Undertaker, Kane, and Bryan. Shield could have just jumped Kane and Bryan if they wanted to do it without Undertaker. If Undertaker wasn't going to wrestle at Extreme Rules, why did he appear last night?

Andy
April 10th, 2013, 3:26 AM
Most people at Raw thought we got to see Taker because we didn't get Rock, Lesnar or Punk. Happy to be wrong though.

Judas Iscariot
April 10th, 2013, 3:50 AM
Yeah it could have just been a one off, but that doesn't seem to be the case. At least I'm hoping not.

Ringo
April 10th, 2013, 4:23 AM
Although...

On Smackdown Team Hell No came out to back up Trips against The Shield so it might be him instead.

Judas Iscariot
April 10th, 2013, 5:05 AM
Although...

On Smackdown Team Hell No came out to back up Trips against The Shield so it might be him instead.

Honestly didn't think of that, probably because the spoilers had a hug off between the three of them that I figured was for the live crowd (how could it not be). Maybe Taker really just was there for a one off on RAW and just the UK tour. If they really got involved with HHH, since he was fully behind all of them when he started getting the control of developmental, I can only hope and pray and get excited that if he is personally doing something with them that his eye is on making all three of them fucking stars. I believe in HHH in terms of making new stars as an exec. I can't help but think and hope he gets it since he went through his own shit back in the day.

Rip
April 10th, 2013, 5:29 AM
Honestly didn't think of that, probably because the spoilers had a hug off between the three of them that I figured was for the live crowd (how could it not be). Maybe Taker really just was there for a one off on RAW and just the UK tour. If they really got involved with HHH, since he was fully behind all of them when he started getting the control of developmental, I can only hope and pray and get excited that if he is personally doing something with them that his eye is on making all three of them fucking stars. I believe in HHH in terms of making new stars as an exec. I can't help but think and hope he gets it since he went through his own shit back in the day.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3983617/daniel-bryan-yes-o.gif

Please.

Bluegunn
April 12th, 2013, 12:51 AM
It looks like probably just a tag title match and no Taker. Unless he is in their corner.

McBain
April 12th, 2013, 5:38 AM
Aye, which was predicted by a few before Mania. Could be a good series of matches. Any bets which 2 will battle for the Shield, or do we think they'll do an interchangeable time thingymajig?

My gut feeling was Ambrose/Rollins, but that pair doesn't really match up for size when Kane is in the mix so you'd expect Reigns to have a part as well. :chin:

Ringo
April 12th, 2013, 6:16 AM
Yeah, while it would've been awesome for Taker to be involved, a straight forward tag series could be great. At least we got a cool moment on Raw.

Hopefully it will be Ambrose & Rollins with Reigns potentially getting involved. Danielson vs. Black on WWE PPV already :)

edit: actually this happened at TLC didnt it :dork:

Rip
April 12th, 2013, 6:50 AM
I'm guessing they'll find a way to get Freebird rules applied to the Shield when they get the title as opposed to either two in particular holding them.

mr sabu
April 12th, 2013, 7:50 AM
just give two of them the belts and have the 3rd win the ic title

Rip
April 12th, 2013, 8:18 AM
I'd rather they stuck to tag, if one goes IC and the other two tag it becomes a very short step for someone in creative to look at the group and think 'hmm they need a top tier guy to challenge for Worlds to complete the set' and the Shield become the back up to someone like Blandy Bloody Orton.

mth
April 12th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Let all three compete and be champs, do the Freebird thing.

Zacharie
April 12th, 2013, 4:44 PM
Just turn the tag belts into six man tag titles. Kofi can link up with the Usos. Otunga can join Rhodes Scholars. Truth with PTP. Some babyface with Tensai/Clay. 3MB is already functioning. Why keep struggling with a duos division when it seems like there's more attention spent on trios anyway?

mth
April 12th, 2013, 4:47 PM
Because there isn't? What are you talking about? Other than Shield and 3MB, there are no other trios. Just because you made up a handful of them there doesn't mean they exist.

BBF
April 12th, 2013, 4:55 PM
Zacharie you are mental.

Zacharie
April 12th, 2013, 4:59 PM
Because there isn't?
I'm pretty sure The Shield has been higher up on the card, and had bigger opponents, than most of the tag division, maybe even the tag champions.

What are you talking about?
Turning the tag titles into six man tag titles since the tag division is two good tag teams and the rest jobbers.

Other than Shield and 3MB, there are no other trios.
That's why you make some over time like the ones I suggested.

Just because you made up a handful of them there doesn't mean they exist.
I know they don't exist, which is why I suggested which trios they could make that would make sense together........

Zacharie you are mental.

ty, that's cool you want to judge me like that...good stuff

Vice
April 12th, 2013, 5:02 PM
While slightly off topic, I would actually love a random Trios Tournament in WWE. It can be a one night thing, with the winning team getting.. something. I dunno. Could be oodles of fun for a one night extravaganza, and could easily be used to continue various feuds or start new ones.

mth
April 12th, 2013, 5:23 PM
I'm pretty sure The Shield has been higher up on the card, and had bigger opponents, than most of the tag division, maybe even the tag champions.
Right. One trio. And I'd argue they're not getting that much more attention than the tag team division as a whole. Just because one trio is a big deal doesn't mean they should make everyone else a trio. Giving them the belts and the Freebird rule would work better than making a trio-based championship because they are heels and it gives them the unfair advantage and the added drama of a bigger challenge for their opposition to overcome.

Zacharie
April 12th, 2013, 5:44 PM
I don't have a problem with the idea of them using the freebird rule so I can't really argue against it too much.

But to me it seems like they already have an advantage in place where they're able to just maul people who don't bring back up. Pretty much every counter-Shield angle ends in some folks coming out to help the babyface side. It always turns into 3 on 3.

Orton/Sheamus/Ryback/Cena/Big Show etc can't even beat them. How would a tag team alone be able to? I think it's gotten to the point where a tag team alone couldn't beat them. The advantage for the Shield is already there, why add another if the team already looks strong as fuck?

If we go by the story, it would seem to me like the only way to overcome The Shield would be to form a trio that functions together as well as the Shield does. That's where we get into the roster forming up trio teams to take down the big opposition.

turdpower
April 12th, 2013, 5:54 PM
While slightly off topic, I would actually love a random Trios Tournament in WWE. It can be a one night thing, with the winning team getting.. something. I dunno. Could be oodles of fun for a one night extravaganza, and could easily be used to continue various feuds or start new ones.

Come off it, no it wouldn't.

Atty
April 12th, 2013, 6:52 PM
Yeah, while it would've been awesome for Taker to be involved, a straight forward tag series could be great. At least we got a cool moment on Raw.

Hopefully it will be Ambrose & Rollins with Reigns potentially getting involved. Danielson vs. Black on WWE PPV already :)

edit: actually this happened at TLC didnt it :dork:

Think how great that TLC match would have been with Taker instead of Ryback. THINK OF IT!

They really need to reveal Bryan as the third brother with Taker and Kane. Or at least have him think he is.

Psycho666Soldier
April 12th, 2013, 7:00 PM
Turning the Tag Team belts into a permanent Trio-stipulation is asinine. It would hardly serve a purpose in the WWE. It's not CHIKARA. A Freebird Rule would be fine enough. That would even allow them to defend against another team of three with the other team having a Freebird rule, too. Really, 3MB is the only other trio so I don't know how it'd work, but that just proves even more why we don't need any kind of Trio Tag Team Belts.

A Trios tournament could be fun, but they'd have to put the right guys in there for it to be all the way entertaining.

They really need to reveal Bryan as the third brother with Taker and Kane. Or at least have him think he is.

YES! Why this hasn't happened already is a mystery to me.

G-Fresh
April 12th, 2013, 7:04 PM

Word on that shit.

Punisher
April 16th, 2013, 3:26 PM
So I'm hoping the triple threat for the WHC is done prior to this show. I think Del Rio/Swagger need a blowoff submission match at Extreme Rules. Have Dolph defend against someone like....Jericho perhaps? Although Jericho and Fandango will probably have a match.

Then you have Triple H/Brock, Cena/Ryback, Sheamus/Henry and Shield vs. Hell No and ?. Could be a really solid card.

Andy
April 16th, 2013, 3:51 PM
I'm not sure that I like the idea of The Shield going for the tag titles. It would make the tag division even worse because they've been booked so strong that there's not a team at the moment who should be troubling them.

Hopefully the match on Monday ends in shenanigans so we get a Brothers of Hell No rematch on PPV. Maybe some miscommunication sees them lose. Kane angry that he let his brother down snaps on Bryan and they can finally drop the titles and have their feud.

Atty
April 16th, 2013, 4:03 PM
So I'm hoping the triple threat for the WHC is done prior to this show. I think Del Rio/Swagger need a blowoff submission match at Extreme Rules. Have Dolph defend against someone like....Jericho perhaps? Although Jericho and Fandango will probably have a match.

Then you have Triple H/Brock, Cena/Ryback, Sheamus/Henry and Shield vs. Hell No and ?. Could be a really solid card.

I'd love a good Jericho/Ziggler run where they trade the belt a few times, ending with Ziggler on top. Jericho got so much of his heat back the night after Mania, looking like a deflated beast laying out Fandango, that he could really be a perfect fit if they play it like the loss woke him up and that he's seeking to prove himself. That could go great with earning a title shot, surprising us by winning from Ziggler, them going to a draw or something similar, then Ziggler finally winning cleanly to look like a pimp in every sense of the word.

Then build to Ziggler/Bryan at SummerSlam or, if they insist on keeping two belts, Mania. AJ in the middle of that would be amazing for the feud, but more importantly can lead to the big face moment where she turns. The crowds love Bryan and having her turn away from Dolph's darkness to embrace THE BEARD could be a very massive mark out moment for Bryan to get the belt and the girl.

Punisher
April 16th, 2013, 4:04 PM
I'm not sure that I like the idea of The Shield going for the tag titles. It would make the tag division even worse because they've been booked so strong that there's not a team at the moment who should be troubling them.

Hopefully the match on Monday ends in shenanigans so we get a Brothers of Hell No rematch on PPV. Maybe some miscommunication sees them lose. Kane angry that he let his brother down snaps on Bryan and they can finally drop the titles and have their feud.

Yeah I agree. I actually would love for them to have a way The Shield goes for the WWE Championship. Like have the group be the WWE Champion or hold it hostage from the WWE. Something like that. Could do well as the big storyline of the summer.

turdpower
April 16th, 2013, 4:05 PM

The Celtic Vipers?

virms
April 16th, 2013, 5:08 PM

Bryan thinking he is writes itself so badly it hurts.

They could continue Hell No for another year alone culminating with b. Dazzle vs taker at mania.

The Law
April 16th, 2013, 6:53 PM
So officially, we only have Ziggler vs. Del Rio vs. Swagger, announced on WWE.com today.

Unofficially, Cena vs. Ryback and Triple H vs. Lesnar are locks.

Team Hello No and someone will face Shield. Wouldn't be surprising if the match next week doesn't happen and they do it at this show instead.

Not sure if there will be room to split Henry vs. Sheamus and Big Show vs. Orton into two matches. I could see a four way instead.

Jericho vs. Fandango II? Fandango vs. Kingston? Will Barrett get on the card?

Andy
April 16th, 2013, 7:01 PM
Cena vs Ryback - Streetfight
Ziggler vs Swagger vs Del Rio - Triple Threat
Trips vs Brock - Cage
Brothers of Hell No Destruction vs Shield - No DQ
Sheamus vs Henry - falls count anywhere
Orton vs Show - tables

Barrett vs Truth vs Fandango vs Miz - Fatal four way on the pre-show

Ringo
April 16th, 2013, 7:25 PM
Would rather a 4-way than the two singles. Sheamus/Henry in a No DQ setting could be outstanding but Orton/Show and it's inevitable result is dull as dishwater. Looking forward to Cena/Ryback and whatever the Shield and Hell No do (was thinking a Ladder match for the titles but I don't know now - Taker being involved would be superb), optimistic on Brock/Trips and Brock winning in glorious fashion. Fully expect Fandango to be on the main show, could well be against Kofi.

Was initially hoping for Ziggler/ADR singles but that will probably happen further down the line and a triple threat is probably for the best right now. It's pretty much guaranteed to be good fun and interest the crowd. Don't want Ziggler's first PPV title defense to get no reaction.

Atty
April 16th, 2013, 8:17 PM
You know what I'd love more than a four way? A scramble match. That needs to come back.

The Law
April 16th, 2013, 8:33 PM
I'm feeling a Tables Match between Shield and Hell No. Haven't had one in a long time and the tag team tables matches were always fun.

Ringo
April 16th, 2013, 8:43 PM
They did one at TLC between Rhodes Scholars and ReyCara. Agree with the sentiment though.

A scramble would be perfect for "vulnerable heel champion" Ziggler in a couple of months. Similar to Kurt Angle somehow escaping with the title in the Cell during his first reign. Have him face Show, Orton, Sheamus and Henry. He gets ganged up on and is pinned early but steals the title back just before the time limit expires.

StoneColdWWE316
April 16th, 2013, 11:39 PM
John Cena/Ryback-Street Fight for the WWE Title
Dolph Ziggler/ADR/Jack Swagger-Triple Threat for the World Heavyweight Title
Triple H/Brock Lesnar-Steel Cage
Sheamus/Mark Henry-Falls Count Anywhere
Hell No/Shield-Ladder Match for the WWE Tag Team Titles
Randy Orton/Big Show-Tables Match
Wade Barrett/R-Truth/Fandango/Miz-4-Way for the IC Title
Kofi/Cesaro-US Title on the Pre-Show

Bluegunn
April 17th, 2013, 12:14 AM
It would be funny if DB mentioned the date to Kane to cost the title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruc376rF-BM

MrBananaGrabber
April 17th, 2013, 9:28 AM
Im hoping RVD comes back. He could be a great opponent for Ziggler. What better place to return then at Extreme Rules.

greebull
April 22nd, 2013, 11:07 AM
OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED THUS FAR:
(Source: WWE.com)

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
John Cena (c) vs. Ryback

WORLD TITLE, TRIPLE THREAT MATCH:
Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Jack Swagger

takerson
April 22nd, 2013, 4:37 PM
Show's shaping up nicely, however I'll have to wait to watch it for I don't know how long... Seeing PAUL F'N MCCARTNEY that night... then work night shift the day after. Probably be the Tuesday night after, after work, before I watch it.

The Law
April 22nd, 2013, 11:14 PM
Cena vs. Ryback and Lesnar vs. Triple H both confirmed tonight. AJ won a shot at the Diva's Title, so there's a decent possibility that will take place here. I can only assume Shield vs. Hell No for the tag titles will happen as well. Throw in the Henry/Big Show/Sheamus/Orton match and you've got most of the card. Barrett vs. R-Truth seems like a possibility based on the push Truth is getting right now.

StoneColdWWE316
April 23rd, 2013, 11:06 PM
Looking like another good Post-Mania PPV.

Ringo
May 8th, 2013, 1:38 AM
So:

Cena/Ryback LMS
Ziggler/ADR/Swagger LADDER
Brock/Trips CAGE

Sheamus/Henry - presumably STRAP
Fandango/Jericho & Orton/Big Show - Variations of regular No DQ. FCA for one and street fight for the other.

From reading the Smackdown spoilers it looks like:

Kofi will join Team Hell No to take on The Shield. I was wondering how they would do a straight tag title match when the no DQ rule would essentially leave it 2 on 3. All the belts could be on the line. Tables match? We'll see.

Brian M.
May 15th, 2013, 12:38 AM
So, this card sneakily got pretty stacked over the last week or two. You have:

Ryback VS Cena Last Man Standing

Lesnar VS Triple H Cage Match

Swagger VS Del Rio I Quit Match

Henry VS Sheamus Strap Match

Jericho VS Fandango

Ambrose VS Kingston

Shield VS Team Hell No

Big Show VS Orton

Pretty much every match has had a lengthy build to it, and they all feature at least one guy who is pretty significantly over with the fans right now. Not to mention most of them should be quality outings...I'm actually looking forward to this a lot now.

OD50
May 15th, 2013, 3:07 AM
I like that there's been an extra 2 weeks or so between mania and ER this year. More time to build up suspense, storylines and shit.

The Shield possibly running off with both the tag- and US titles is interesting.

Hero!
May 15th, 2013, 2:51 PM
I care about nothing outside of The Shield's title matches.

Cena/Ryback is just uninteresting. Ryback is a horrible heel.
Trips/Brock sucked twice. I have no interest in seeing it a third time.
Show/Orton and Sheamus/Henry are such bland and uninteresting feuds that I can't even put it into words.
Swagger/Del Rio is dead without Ziggler. This could be good if we get lots of manager interference.
Fandango/Jericho 2...OK, I actually do want to watch that.

Cewsh
May 15th, 2013, 2:56 PM
Triple H/Lesnar has been great both times.

Hero!
May 15th, 2013, 3:00 PM
:blah:

Cewsh
May 15th, 2013, 3:02 PM
Seriously. No idea what there is to dislike about them.

Hero!
May 15th, 2013, 3:17 PM
Very boring, dragged on too long, and they just don't have chemistry.

I love Trips, but I have not liked a single one of his matches since...his last match with Sheamus, I think.

mth
May 15th, 2013, 3:17 PM
I'm actually rather stoked for most of this PPV.

Ryback's heel turn has felt half assed but I am rather intrigued to see the match with Cena. It could suck balls but with low expectations, I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Mark Henry is MARK HENRY and he's gonna whip the crap out of Sheamus. That's awesome. And on top of it, Sheamus is a solid wrestler, too, and they've had good stuff in the past so I think they'll deliver.

Don't care about ADR/Swagz now nor do I give much the least bit of a hoot about Orton/Show.

Fandango/Jericho II, hell yeah.

And even though I didn't love Trips/Brock I and II, they were alright, and I actually think being in the cage might make for a better match than their Mania match.

And I'm hoping to see Shield snag a bunch of belts, woo!

OD50
May 15th, 2013, 3:22 PM
I'm guessing Cena wins via some clever shenanigans, as in duckt taping Ryback to the ring post or something similar.

I actually won't bother watching the main event but the rest of the stuff in some way interests me (sans Orton/Show).

And yeah, hoping that The Shield goes home with three pieces of hardware.

Andy
May 15th, 2013, 3:24 PM
The whole Ryback thing is weird to me. Mark Henry should be in his spot right now. They had Henry win the match with Ryback at Mania which made very little sense on any level but having done it, they should've kept the momentum with him. Then they could've had Ryback feud with Show or something to try and get some of his momentum back. A Mark Henry/John Cena feud is something I'd be genuinely excited about.

And on Trips...you haven't enjoyed a match since Sheamus?! The HIAC against Taker is one of my favourite matches ever. I also enjoyed his match against Punk a couple of years ago. His Summerslam match with Brock was ok. The Mania match was decent too but wasn't helped by having to follow the annual match of the year candidate/definite match of the night from Taker at Mania.

mth
May 15th, 2013, 3:28 PM
It was pretty weird how Henry beat Ryback at Mania and then the RAW after ended with him getting a shot at Cena, losing via countout, but still getting back in there and holding the belt up. And Ryback got the shot just for laying out Cena. It really seemed like they were at least building to a triple threat.

Cewsh
May 15th, 2013, 3:30 PM
Very boring, dragged on too long, and they just don't have chemistry.

I love Trips, but I have not liked a single one of his matches since...his last match with Sheamus, I think.

We are definitely not on the same page on any of that.

Hero!
May 15th, 2013, 6:57 PM
We are definitely not on the same page on any of that.

Then we are feuding again

Cewsh
May 15th, 2013, 6:58 PM
Hold on a minute, let me stretch. I'm not as young as I used to be.

Hero!
May 15th, 2013, 7:07 PM
True, youre like 35 these days, right?

Cewsh
May 15th, 2013, 8:36 PM
More like 75. Blogging ages you.

Ringo
May 16th, 2013, 4:05 AM
I do feel a little sorry for any wrestling fan who wasn't able to absolutely adore every part of the Shawn/Taker/Trips 4 year Mania story of epic.

Anyway - I didn't watch the Brock/Trips confrontation on Raw but I read something on Bleacher Report about it saving the feud so I watched it on youtube. It was good. Brock's face when Trips called him a bitch was phenomenal. And I also agree that having Trips question whether Brock is still the beast he once was is a clever idea. Whilst he's one of the best monster heels in HISTORY, he has lost a measure of his aura of invincibility. Perfect opportunity to really get his mojo back and F5 Trips against the Cage 18 times.

OD50
May 16th, 2013, 5:08 AM
Let's hope..

StoneColdWWE316
May 16th, 2013, 7:45 PM
I think Extreme Rules will turn out pretty well. Im one of the few who has enjoyed the HHH/Lesnar Feud and the brawl on Monday was good. Also looking forward to Cena/Ryback and how that one turns out. Shield might be getting some Gold which will add to their already steller run so far. Sheamus/Mark Henry should be fun,their Match at Summerslam a couple years ago was pretty good.

VHS
May 16th, 2013, 7:55 PM
The only momentous thing I can see happening in this PPV is Shield winning some gold. The Ryback/Cena build on thin cardboard and the HHH/Lesnar feud has never hooked me at all. And while I'm actually looking forward to the Sheamus/Henry match the most, I don't see what either guy gains from winning other than a little closure on their feud from forever ago. Finally, the Orton/Show match might as well be invisible because I'd totally forgotten these two guys were duking it out this Sunday.

The quality WWE chooses to showcase is low low low.

Cewsh
May 16th, 2013, 8:39 PM
I actually think the Ryback/Cena feud has a lot to it. When I go to do the review, it'll look great on paper. It's the way it's been represented on television that has harpooned it.

The Law
May 16th, 2013, 9:42 PM
Ryback/Cena is a great story that they haven't told. Basically, Ryback is the Clubber Lang to Cena's Rocky Balboa. Cena is on top, has everything going for him, and now he's facing a nightmare in that he's got someone coming up the ranks who's young and hungry and nasty and wants to fuck Cena up and take his spot on top. Cena's gone soft after being on top for so long. Ryback is the Bane to Cena's Batman in "The Dark Knight Rises." Peace has cost Cena his strength. Victory has defeated John Cena. Cage match would have been a good choice here, because Cena would have been locked in with the monster and and Cena could win by total fluke (Ryback slams Cena into the cage and it breaks, like Austin and Big Show).

Instead, they just had Ryback complain a lot. And his mic skills aren't good enough to really express any of those thoughts. Instead, just lots of heavy breathing.

Cewsh
May 16th, 2013, 10:00 PM
If they seriously ran this storyline like Bane vs. Batman, I would be beside myself going crazy about it.

They set up is literally right there. Just have Ryback destroy the overconfident Cena and make it absolutely clear that he's better. Give him the title and make them take Cena out on a stretcher. Then make Cena work at getting back into shape and into the right frame of mind and train his ass off all summer while Ryback is killing people. Then have the rematch at Summerslam. IT IS SO FUCKING EASY. JUST DO THAT EXACT THING. THAT'S THE LESNAR STORYLINE FROM LAST YEAR, EXCEPT DONE WITH A GUY WHO IS AROUND MORE THAN TWICE A YEAR. I'M YELLING AND I DON'T CARE AHHHHHH

The Law
May 16th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Also, Cena has to grow a beard. And if he gets locked in a prison cave for six months, that's cool too. And Cena can climb out of the prison and throw a rope down to let all the rapists and murderers in the prison out. Definitely seems like a Cena thing to do. Then Cena can return to WWE and spend hours and hours spraying his name onto the Tron in gasoline so that he can drop a match at the right time and light it up. Then after he beats Ryback and can retire and appoint Zach Ryder as the new Cena. Except Zach Ryder doesn't have any of Cena's training or abilities, and ends up getting the shit kicked out of him all the time and everything in WWE goes to hell while Cena's busy hanging out in Paris with AJ. And then one day Vince McMahon is in Paris, eating lunch at an outdoor cafe, and he looks up and sees Cena and AJ eating lunch together...

Tainted Eclipse
May 16th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Ryback/Cena is a great story that they haven't told. Basically, Ryback is the Clubber Lang to Cena's Rocky Balboa. Cena is on top, has everything going for him, and now he's facing a nightmare in that he's got someone coming up the ranks who's young and hungry and nasty and wants to fuck Cena up and take his spot on top. Cena's gone soft after being on top for so long. Ryback is the Bane to Cena's Batman in "The Dark Knight Rises." Peace has cost Cena his strength. Victory has defeated John Cena. Cage match would have been a good choice here, because Cena would have been locked in with the monster and and Cena could win by total fluke (Ryback slams Cena into the cage and it breaks, like Austin and Big Show).

Instead, they just had Ryback complain a lot. And his mic skills aren't good enough to really express any of those thoughts. Instead, just lots of heavy breathing.

After their Judgment Day I Quit match, JBL cut an AWESOME promo explaining why he accepts defeat and won't be challenging Cena anymore -- he says that right NOW, Cena's too hot. He's young, in his prime, on a roll and no one can touch him; but one day he'll burn out. I've always waited for them to call back to that in Cena feud, with the story being "maybe NOW's that time JBL was talking about." This would have been the perfect story, building Ryback as the unstoppable up and coming guy and maybe now Cena's the skilled veteran who can't cope with the raw ability and hot streak of the rising star. That would have also required Ryback to not be on a losing streak though.

Cena/Ryback should have been a hot as shit feud.

The Law
May 16th, 2013, 10:41 PM
They should have waited until Summerslam. Give Ryback four months of dominance to build him up. Meanwhile, Cena could have run with Henry for Extreme Rules. Big Mark beating Cena like he stole something would have been a perfect build to the match. You could come up with two other PPV matches in the interim for Cena in order to get to Summerslam, at which point Ryback has destroyed everyone in his path and is ready to go after Cena.

OD50
May 17th, 2013, 3:15 AM
Still feel that the Cena/Ryback feud was doomed when Henry beat Ryback at mania. Still don't understand why they did it that way. To Henry, losing wouldn't have mattered all that much, but to Ryback it was a huge blow to his credibility.

mr sabu
May 17th, 2013, 3:31 AM
heres hoping hunter and brock is better this time.

i know people will say it was a good match... i thought it was ok it just dragged a bit

heres what i hope happens in the ppv

Ambrose sets kofi on fire
christian returns and belts the shit out off del rio and swagger and they both say i quit then christian says he won the match
yes chants

Atty
May 18th, 2013, 12:00 PM
If they seriously ran this storyline like Bane vs. Batman, I would be beside myself going crazy about it.

They set up is literally right there. Just have Ryback destroy the overconfident Cena and make it absolutely clear that he's better. Give him the title and make them take Cena out on a stretcher. Then make Cena work at getting back into shape and into the right frame of mind and train his ass off all summer while Ryback is killing people. Then have the rematch at Summerslam. IT IS SO FUCKING EASY. JUST DO THAT EXACT THING. THAT'S THE LESNAR STORYLINE FROM LAST YEAR, EXCEPT DONE WITH A GUY WHO IS AROUND MORE THAN TWICE A YEAR. I'M YELLING AND I DON'T CARE AHHHHHH

"When the WWE Championship is ashes, then you have my permission to job."

They need vignettes of Cena doing situps while watching Ryback destroy people on RAW. Then he FUs his flatscreen in rage.

takerson
May 18th, 2013, 12:06 PM
DO THAT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! ALL OF IT!

Atty
May 18th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Eventually the WWE spinner pops on the tron while Ryback is giving a promo

"Impossible"

The Law
May 18th, 2013, 12:15 PM
I would dig it if Ryback suddenly started wearing a mask without any explanation. Especially if it was one of those Michael Tarver masks. When asked, he can just respond "No one cared who I was until I put on the mask."

Bane really would make an awesome wrestling character. I feel like Vader was the closest thing, except for the part where Vader wasn't a Marxist revolutionary.

Hero!
May 18th, 2013, 1:08 PM
You need striker interviewing him in the back and he just eyes Ryback up and down and says "You're a big man" and Ryback responds "For you"

Also, I need this -
Vince McMahon, about to eat a shell shock;
V: I'm in charge around here, god damn it!
R: Do you FEEL in charge..?
V: I've paid you a small fortune
R: and this gives you power over Ryback?

Badger
May 18th, 2013, 1:08 PM
WCW's Glacier = Mr Freeze.
Goldust = The Riddler.
Ambrose = The Joker.
Heyman = The Penguin.
Trish = Catwoman.
Kane = Batman.
Bryan = Robin.

Hero!
May 18th, 2013, 1:17 PM
More like
scarecrow: Punk
Ra's: Heyman
Joker: Ambrose
Two-face: Brock

Hero!
May 18th, 2013, 1:21 PM
Bryan as Robin FFS

The Law
May 18th, 2013, 1:26 PM
Jeff Hardy and Edge both had brief periods where their characters were inspired by the Joker. Edge turned into a crazy person for a few weeks for his Hell in a Cell match with Undertaker at Summerslam 2008. Jeff painted his face and cut a pretty crazy promo before his Extreme Rules match with Taker on Smackdown in late 2008 when he had to win to get a WWE Title shot. Of course, TNA very explicitly turned Sting into the Joker for awhile a few years ago.

Ringo
May 18th, 2013, 1:28 PM
Jeff returned to the Joker-style persona a few times in 2009 as well I believe.

Badger
May 18th, 2013, 1:32 PM
Bryan as Robin FFS

I would have him turn on Batman/Kane.

The Law
May 18th, 2013, 3:18 PM
So I think this will probably be a pretty decent card, but I'm really not a fan of how things have been going on TV lately. Of the matches on this card, I think only Shield/Hell No has had a strong build. Everything else I have major qualms with.

-Cena vs. Ryback: I don't feel like this feud has been built very well at all. I actually thought Ryback's explanation of turning on Cena was pretty well done and persuasive. But deciding to make Ryback a coward instead of a killing machine is a mistake. Ryback's promos have not been up to par and quite simply, the guy gets absolutely no reaction when he comes out. It's too soon to say they've ruined him, but they've really screwed this up. He was really looking good going into the Punk Hell in a Cell match. After that, they didn't do a single thing right with him. He comes into this match against Cena with six straight PPV losses. Why are we supposed to believe he can beat Cena, even if Cena is hurt? This is a tough match to book, because if Cena just beats Ryback straight-up they'll probably have killed the last of his credibility.

-Brock vs. HHH: It's necessary since they had Brock lose at Wrestlemania, but I'm tired of this feud. I'm one of the people who actually enjoyed both of their matches, but I really want to see Lesnar move on to other things. I would have much preferred for Triple H to acknowledge he can't beat Lesnar, and instead turn the reigns over to Sheamus, or Ryback, or Orton. Sheamus or Ryback in particular would benefit just from being in the ring with Lesnar.

-Henry vs. Sheamus: This has actually been decent for what it was. I find it funny that on the whole, it seems like Henry is actually the babyface in this feud and Sheamus is the heel. Sheamus was a dick to Henry throughout this feud and Henry only retaliated. The segment where Henry beat Sheamus with a belt was excellent and probably the best non-wrestling segment WWE produced since Wrestlemania.

-Jericho vs. Fandango: I'm really bored with Jericho. I was excited when he came back, but I just find this incarnation of babyface Jericho tiresome. He seems out of place in today's WWE with his childish name-calling. Fandango really hasn't shown himself to be much beyond the one note "It's FAAAAAAAAADANGO" catchphrase. I'm hoping they can get a better match than they did at Wrestlemania, which had a lot of botches and was generally awkwardly paced. If Fandango doesn't pick it up in the ring, I don't see much of a future for him.

-Orton vs. Big Show: Orton really couldn't have seemed to care any less during the course of this feud. He's been laughably lazy in his mic work, though still has had a few good TV matches. At no point here have I really gotten the sense that Orton cared about getting revenge on Big Show. That said, this could be a surprisingly good match. The Kane/Orton Falls Count Anywhere match last year was a definite pleasant surprise and Orton is generally good in No DQ matches.

-Del Rio vs. Swagger: Having Ziggler taken out of this definitely downgraded my interest. I like Del Rio, not a fan of Swagger. The build to this match has been entertaining, but I really feel like the managers have outshown the competitors. Zeb, Big E, AJ, and Ricardo have been the most interesting things about this feud. Isn't it refreshing for a feud to involve more than just the wrestlers? Cross-over in storylines seems to rare now that it's great for some different people to be involved. I thought their match at Wrestlemania was solid, but unspectacular. Probably get something similar here.

Shield vs. Hell No: Best feud going into this match. I've really enjoyed the way this feud has progressed. Definitely hoping Shield gets the titles here. Hell No has been great, but it's run its course and it's time for Bryan to go solo and move on to bigger things. I'm interested to see how Reigns and Rollins work together as a tag team. Hopefully they let Shield use Freebird Rules once they've on the belts.

Kingston vs. Ambrose: Should be fun. Dean should win.

VHS
May 19th, 2013, 1:30 PM
This is the first I've heard that WWE's doing a post-ppv show. I think that could be pretty nifty.

It's going to be free on WWE.com and Youtube. :yes:

Ochoa
May 19th, 2013, 2:59 PM
My friend and I are excited for this. Can't wait to be there.

turdpower
May 19th, 2013, 3:05 PM
I would dig it if Ryback suddenly started wearing a mask without any explanation. Especially if it was one of those Michael Tarver masks. When asked, he can just respond "No one cared who I was until I put on the mask."

Speaking of which, was Kane's welders mask ever explained?

mth
May 19th, 2013, 3:24 PM
No.

The Law
May 19th, 2013, 5:15 PM
Just looked cool.

VHS
May 19th, 2013, 5:19 PM
I always thought it didn't go with his entire outfit. Seemed completely random and out of place.

Hero!
May 19th, 2013, 5:47 PM
Almost PPV time! Got my yellow GTS shirt on and leaving for hooters in a bit. It gets packed quick, so we try to get there early any just chat it up with the other wrestling fans.

Been waaaaaay too long since the last PPV. LET'S DO THIS!!!!

Andy
May 19th, 2013, 6:06 PM
Really in two minds whether to order this.

Bennedy
May 19th, 2013, 6:30 PM
Treat yourself Andy. It's not every year Arsenal finish 4th. Oh wait...

Kimura Kid
May 19th, 2013, 6:34 PM
Extreme Rules is TV14

This is good news.

mr sabu
May 19th, 2013, 6:59 PM
winner of the i quit match

christian

mth
May 19th, 2013, 7:13 PM
Might as well toss up my quick predicitions:

Last Man Standing Match for the WWE Championship:
John Cena (c) vs. Ryback
Winner: Cena. Ryback will work his leg throughout the match but Cena will overcome the odds and AA him through some stuff to retain.

Steel Cage Match:
Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar
Winner: Lesnar. Heyman will get in the cage and get a Pedigree.

"I Quit" #1 Contender's Match:
Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger
Winner: ADR.

Strap Match:
Sheamus vs. Mark Henry
Winner: I could see this going either way. I'll say Big Mark takes it to move on to Cena.

WWE United States Championship:
Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Dean Ambrose
Winner: Ambrose

Tornado Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship:
Team Hell No (c) vs. The Shield's Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns
Winner: Shield

Extreme Rules Match:
Randy Orton vs. The Big Show
Winner: Orton.

Chris Jericho vs. Fandango
Winner: Jericho

TooCool
May 19th, 2013, 7:16 PM
Currently unsure if I should waste my time watching Extreme Rules. Kind of leaning towards no... I just want to see Dean Ambrose win the US Title... but even then, I don't care to see a Kofi Kingston match. =\

Brian M.
May 19th, 2013, 7:36 PM
I have the feeling this show is going to be sneaky good, but I bought Mania which was expensive as fuck and I'm trying to save money for a new car so I'll have to skip watching this one live. If it's half as good as last year's show it will be worth the money for anyone who does order it though.

Cold_Hearted_Truth
May 19th, 2013, 7:39 PM
Titus is brutal on the mic. Can't believe they have him at the booth for the pre-show.

The Guy on the Couch
May 19th, 2013, 7:41 PM
Titus is brutal on the mic. Can't believe they have him at the booth for the pre-show.

I was excited that he is there because for some reason I really want Titus to be great, but he is having a hell of a time. Rambling off topic and stumbling over his words:( I guess I had too much hope in him

mr sabu
May 19th, 2013, 7:45 PM
:( im unable to find a stream

mth
May 19th, 2013, 7:46 PM
Well don't ask for one because it's against forum rules.

JRSlim21
May 19th, 2013, 7:47 PM
Anyone else have the pre-show freeze on em?

G-Fresh
May 19th, 2013, 7:49 PM
I reckon Ambrose is gonna win the US belt. I'd like to see Kane & DB hold the Tag belts a while longer.

JRSlim21
May 19th, 2013, 8:06 PM
I love Hell No, but this has to end sometime. They can even regain the belts at some point but they need to drop em right now.

G-Fresh
May 19th, 2013, 8:19 PM
That's the dealio. Glad Jericho beat that Fruity Pebble bitch.

The Guy on the Couch
May 19th, 2013, 8:22 PM
I find myself likeing Fandango but not curtis if that makes sense. I like the character but can't help but think that a better performer could do so much more with it.

mr sabu
May 19th, 2013, 8:23 PM
just fuck off kofi

mr sabu
May 19th, 2013, 8:30 PM
good match between kofi and ambrose

The Law
May 19th, 2013, 8:31 PM
Shit, did you hear that pop for Ambrose winning? It's not like they're in a big smark town like NYC or Philly either. Really impressive response there.

Hotbeef-Injection
May 19th, 2013, 8:32 PM
That was a good little match. Nice back and forth I felt.

The Law
May 19th, 2013, 8:36 PM
I feel like Henry has been the babyface in this feud. He's been performing heroic feats of strength and Sheamus has been taking cheap shots at him like a dick. I hope Henry crushes him.

Cewsh
I expected better from Ambrose there, if I'm being honest. Kofi stole the match from him.

MikeHunt
Well don't ask for one because it's against forum rules.

Mth will you give me one?

Ambrose!!!!

GtheMVP
May 19th, 2013, 8:43 PM
US title feels important, great match! Love the extended celedration and crowd pop!

Hope shield takes tag belts too!

Cewsh
May 19th, 2013, 8:48 PM
Sheamus/Henry was poop. I'm not going to sugarcoat it. Poop.

The Law
May 19th, 2013, 8:53 PM
Yeah, Zeb totally got audited this year. I don't think anyone in the crowd pays any attention at all to this stuff, so it's hard for it to generate heat.

And then he rips on the Cardinals and the heat starts.

JT4104
May 19th, 2013, 9:11 PM
hey look Alberto won....:dunno:

MikeHunt
May 19th, 2013, 9:12 PM
Stupid booking. Why bother with the restart?

Cold_Hearted_Truth
May 19th, 2013, 9:12 PM
Hopefully Swagger now moves to midcard. I really don't think the guy will ever get over.

The Law
May 19th, 2013, 9:13 PM
Ryback shouldn't talk. The guy was much, much more intimidating before he started talking all the time.

Kimura Kid
May 19th, 2013, 9:18 PM
Pretty lackluster event thus far.

The Law
May 19th, 2013, 9:21 PM
I distinctly recall someone emphatically stating that it you don't like what you see you shouldn't watch it.

Kimura Kid
May 19th, 2013, 9:21 PM
Yep that's what I said.

:yes:

The Law
May 19th, 2013, 9:25 PM
Best match of the night there so far. Tornado Rules is a nice break up of the monotony of the typical tag formula. I thought that double team move on Bryan at the end was going to be crazy, but it turned out it was just okay. A true Leg Drop Burning Hammer would be way too dangerous for a WWE event. Nice pop for the win too. These guys really are the best thing WWE has going right now.

Kimura Kid
May 19th, 2013, 9:26 PM
Yeah I enjoyed that match as well.

Love the shields finish!!

JT4104
May 19th, 2013, 9:27 PM
Well....this certainly makes up for the Shield loss on Monday. However, I do wonder where the Shield goes from here. Not sure what else is left for them. Short of getting Punk involved as a face against the Shield they don't have much else to work with.

Kimura Kid
May 19th, 2013, 9:30 PM
Orton is the guy that has a ton of potential but is content coasting with his natural ability,

Loudest pop so far was for his entrance.

mr sabu
May 19th, 2013, 9:32 PM
ortons a Fucking monotoned robot...

still think Christian should have won the I quit match

PurePlayer
May 19th, 2013, 9:33 PM
Orton is the guy that has a ton of potential but is content coasting with his natural ability,

Well it is in his hometown.

The Law
Yeah. Definitely helps that he's in his hometown, but he always gets a nice pop. I totally agree that he's been coasting. It's been going on basically since the end of 2011. They haven't given him anything to do, so he doesn't work hard. He doesn't work hard, so they don't give him anything to do. Also, he has two failed drug tests. One more gets him fired. They're hesitant to push a guy who could be getting canned any time. But Orton is an amazing talent in the ring. There isn't a single more fluid, technically perfect wrestler in the world today. The guy makes high difficulty moves look perfect every single night. How many times has he perfectly caught somebody out of the air for the RKO? That's not easy to do, but he makes it look as simple as applying a Headlock.

JT4104

having 2 strikes will do that....when they can't trust you this is what you get.

Kimura Kid
Well it is in his hometown.

Good Call my friend!!

Forgot about that.

having 2 strikes will do that....when they can't trust you this is what you get.

Touche

PurePlayer
May 19th, 2013, 9:34 PM
The Shield is definitely the best thing going on right now in the WWE. The fans love them because they are so badass and keep winning. I wonder what is next for them? Would a returning CM Punk try and stand up to them? Will Taker come back in time for Summerslam and team with Kane? Should be interesting.

PurePlayer
May 19th, 2013, 9:36 PM
Good Call my friend!!

Forgot about that.

No worries! Orton needs to turn heel after this feud. Maybe challenge Cena if Cena ends up retaining. Or maybe keep him face and feed him to Lesnar in time for Summerslam.

Kimura Kid
May 19th, 2013, 9:37 PM
Yeah. Definitely helps that he's in his hometown, but he always gets a nice pop. I totally agree that he's been coasting. It's been going on basically since the end of 2011. They haven't given him anything to do, so he doesn't work hard. He doesn't work hard, so they don't give him anything to do. Also, he has two failed drug tests. One more gets him fired. They're hesitant to push a guy who could be getting canned any time. But Orton is an amazing talent in the ring. There isn't a single more fluid, technically perfect wrestler in the world today. The guy makes high difficulty moves look perfect every single night. How many times has he perfectly caught somebody out of the air for the RKO? That's not easy to do, but he makes it look as simple as applying a Headlock.

Agreed, I forgot about it being in his hometown. And Is there a probation period for those 2 failed test? Or those going to be hanging over his career forever? Fuckin a.....shitty ass situation to have one of the single most talented in ring performers ever to be in.

No worries! Orton needs to turn heel after this feud. Maybe challenge Cena if Cena ends up retaining. Or maybe keep him face and feed him to Lesnar in time for Summerslam.

Agreed, He's a much better heel and seems to be more involved when he's a heel.

The Law
May 19th, 2013, 9:38 PM
Could you do Ambrose vs. Cena at a pay-per-view? With Shield at ringside, I think the crowd would buy it that Ambrose could be a legit threat. They're definitely over enough to main event. I think the only question would be whether Ambrose was up to the task as a worker.

Kimura Kid
May 19th, 2013, 9:42 PM
He's gonna punt him!!!!

Kimura Kid
May 19th, 2013, 9:43 PM
fuckin awesome!!!

Show is getting much better!!

Amazing how much crowd involvement affects the match!!

JT4104
May 19th, 2013, 9:44 PM
The rare punt kick...haven't seen that in forever.

JT4104
May 19th, 2013, 9:45 PM
Could you do Ambrose vs. Cena at a pay-per-view? With Shield at ringside, I think the crowd would buy it that Ambrose could be a legit threat. They're definitely over enough to main event. I think the only question would be whether Ambrose was up to the task as a worker.
Well....in Chicago next month that could be a huge possibility. It would be a nice crowd to present that in front of.

The Law
May 19th, 2013, 9:46 PM
Yeah, I thought they had banned it. Nice to see the Punt. Got a great response too.

Cena vs. Ryback in the sub-main event? Wow. I wonder if they're worried about them stinking it up.

JT4104
May 19th, 2013, 9:50 PM
and the ryback "pop" is in full quiet mode as usual.

The Law
May 19th, 2013, 9:52 PM
If Ryback stays in the main event after this it's blatantly disrespectful to the fans. They don't care about Ryback. Let him go work with Jericho, Kofi, Sin Cara, and some other guys who can make him look good. Let him build up some credibility while some guys who are actually over can feud with Cena.

JT4104
May 19th, 2013, 9:58 PM
So far...this looks like Cena/Lesnar all over again. Sadly, I want the same result to happen.

EDIT: I'll give Cena credit....he is bumping like a machine to make Ryberg look good.

Anaconda Sniper
May 19th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Love that the shield won the titles so awesome.

JT4104
May 19th, 2013, 10:08 PM
no reaction to "shell shock" at all...wow.

Cewsh
May 19th, 2013, 10:09 PM
If Ryback stays in the main event after this it's blatantly disrespectful to the fans. They don't care about Ryback.

There is not a single over heel in WWE.

JT4104
May 19th, 2013, 10:10 PM
There is not a single over heel in WWE.
Does Punk not count as a heel?

Cewsh
May 19th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Is he currently on the shows?

Anaconda Sniper
May 19th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Mark Henry and The Shield are over for heels.

Kimura Kid
May 19th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Brock. They should do whatever the can to get an active lesnar.

JT4104
May 19th, 2013, 10:13 PM
What does that have to do with being an over heel? No one actually said anything about current guys on the show. Based on that though I would say Dolph is the closest.

Cewsh
May 19th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Mark Henry and The Shield are over for heels.

They both get cheered, if that's what you mean.

Anaconda Sniper
May 19th, 2013, 10:14 PM
If we are going by that..Cena is the most over heel.

JT4104
May 19th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Cena/Ryberg in Chicago. Wonder if they involve Punk in that.

The Law
May 19th, 2013, 10:17 PM
What are the odds the fans totally shit on that match in Chicago? I expect to see The Wave and "CM Punk" chants the whole match.

JT4104
May 19th, 2013, 10:19 PM
What are the odds the fans totally shit on that match in Chicago? I expect to see The Wave and "CM Punk" chants the whole match.
Hard to say...they seemed to take Cena's side against Lesnar and if they find Ryberg as total shit they might do it again. Will be interesting to see if they do go that route.

PurePlayer
May 19th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Big Show is over for a heel if you ask me.

Just because a small amount of smarks cheer for Henry and the Shield does not mean they are not over as heels. Both Orton and Sheamus is in need for a heel turn if you ask me. Turn Punk face and a returning Christian would even out the sides then. And push Bryan as a contender.

Ringo
May 19th, 2013, 10:26 PM
So that was kind of awesome. Shouldn't really be surprised given it's John Cena in a Last Man Standing match against a big old beast, but I wasn't too optimistic. Right finish as well. That, Orton's efforts, THE PUNT and The Shield's clean sweep have been the highlights of an otherwise middling show thus far. But those aren't bad highlights.

And now this which could be amazing or dull as dishwater with an finish. Fingers crossed.

The Law
May 19th, 2013, 10:26 PM
I feel like 20 minutes have passed since the end of the Cena/Ryback match. Way too long for the crowd to be sitting on their hands.

Kimura Kid
May 19th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Brock looking good.

Ringo
May 19th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Oh Brock I love you. "The Beast Incarnate" is a great nickname btw.

Zacharie
May 19th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Cena/Ryback was a little better than I expected. don't know why they bother to bring up Cena's injury if he never sells it. I think the ending was appropriate, especially if they are trying to carry out the feud longer. Cena gets carried on a stretcher while Ryback walks away. Now we just need Ryback to look like a bad ass.

The Guy on the Couch
May 19th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Heyman is being the perfect manager in this match. I hope he gains a third person

blackening
May 19th, 2013, 10:45 PM
PWTorch says its a newly designed cage, what does the cage look like?

JT4104
May 19th, 2013, 10:45 PM
even the rock laughs at HHH's sharpshooter....

The Law
May 19th, 2013, 10:46 PM
It's like TNA's cage with three sections on each side, except that it's silver instead of black. Also, the announcers said that it's a foot taller than the old cage.

Ringo
May 19th, 2013, 10:47 PM
fuck they had me with that pedigree and I almost lost my mind.

G-Fresh
May 19th, 2013, 10:49 PM
CHYEA

Ringo
Get fucking in theeeeeeeeeeere. BEAST MODE.

Fuck you.

Ringo
yusssss

And Heyman added a lot to that. He is so great.

Brock is the best.

The Guy on the Couch
May 19th, 2013, 10:50 PM
good match. I didn't know that Brock had that in him. Great story told by brock and heyman... oh i guess trips was there too.

The Law
May 19th, 2013, 10:52 PM
That was solid. I didn't like it as much as their first two matches. I preferred it when it was Brock throwing Triple H around. This one had too much Triple H working on Brock. Good psychology and selling. Lesnar has really turned into a great performer. Four matches since he came back, all four have been good to excellent. He's been money at the box office too. Curious to see where he goes from here. The kayfabe knee injury will keep him out until Summerslam, so that's a nice excuse for him not to be around without having to quit again.

Ringo
May 19th, 2013, 10:54 PM
I'm excited and hopeful that he can start to mix it up with wrestlers who would benefit from interacting with him. Sheamus, Punk etc.

...so HHH/Brock IV at Summerslam then.

Anaconda Sniper
May 19th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Glad Brock got the win..he needed it. Now tomorrow during a random match he needs to come out and kill everyone in the ring..like he did to 3MB a couple weeks back.

Atty
May 19th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Mediocre ppv. The LMS was shockingly terrible. Cena's usually good in those. To end an LMS in a non finish where one guy is down for five minutes while the other is shown standing, with the ref not counting is retarded. Ryback forcing the ref to stop checking on Cena and make the count would have been terrific.

JT4104
May 19th, 2013, 10:58 PM
I'm excited and hopeful that he can start to mix it up with wrestlers who would benefit from interacting with him. Sheamus, Punk etc.

...so HHH/Brock IV at Summerslam then.I've relegated myself to Brock/Rock.....though Punk/Brock would be fun when Punk gets back.

Cewsh
May 19th, 2013, 11:00 PM
What an amazing fucking main event.

Ringo
May 19th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Brock/Rock at Mania hopefully. Which would be epic.

But I still want Brock and Sheamus or Punk. One of those guys as a face triumphing over him would be delightful.

The Law
May 19th, 2013, 11:04 PM
If they think Sheamus is a big player for the future, they should have Triple H hand pick him as the guy to fight Lesnar at Summerslam. I think you could get a huge pop just from Sheamus coming out and going face-to-face with Lesnar. Sheamus knocking Lesnar out with a Brogue Kick and pinning him would solidify him as the #2 babyface in the company and a legitimate threat to Cena.

Batista is the other guy I'd really like to see fight Lesnar. I think that would be a big draw too.

G-Fresh
May 19th, 2013, 11:07 PM

Nope.

Ringo
May 19th, 2013, 11:10 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/481528_481982081870283_55367857_n.jpg

cool pic

Zacharie
May 19th, 2013, 11:11 PM
The show was alright.

Brock/HHH was as good as all the other ones. It's crazy how Brock can sell a fake injury better than Cena sells a real one. I hope this is done though, I'm tired of seeing them feud.

Shield/Hell No did what needed to be done. Hopefully Bryan can do something else now.

Ryback/Cena was better than expected. I just hope they can build a better story off what they did tonight and make Ryback look like a serious threat now.

Orton/Show was alright. I didn't see what all the excitement was about, the match was pretty simple even with the running kick.

I was hoping Swagger would win just so they could push a storyline where Ziggler is out for revenge. I wonder what Swag does now?

Soooo, I guess ADR/Ziggler and Ryback/Cena II for Payback. I'm guessing Ryback/Cena will be an ambulance match or something? Would be kind of weird if it's just a regular match after they did the whole stage bump thing.

6/10

mth
May 19th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Overall I quite enjoyed the show.

Jericho vs. Fandango was alright enough and I always dig the midair Codebreakers.

Kofi vs. Ambrose was pretty good and Ambrose winning is great.

I liked the strap match but not the finish. If losing your momentum means you have to start over then when Henry caught Sheamus and attempted the WSS, Sheamus should've had to restart regardless of if he countered out, no? Lame finish and Sheamus winning soured me on it.

Swagz vs. ADR was ok and I didn't mind the whole replay/restart bit, I actually thought it was kind of cool and different.

Tag title match was good. Hell No busting out more double-team stuff than usual was cool though it's funny it was in the match where they lose the belts. Shield finisher was dope and Shield all with gold is rad.

For not caring at all about Orton vs. Show, I managed to enjoy it a bit. Kind of surprised they didn't have Orton kick out of a WMD for a nearfall. The return of the punt was kind of fun.

Alright, so you have a LMS match built entirely around Cena's injured ankle...and then Ryback NEVER WORKS THE ANKLE THE WHOLE MATCH. That's so fucking stupid and makes Ryback look like an idiot. Ok, so there's that. But, if you throw that out the window and forget the ankle injury bit...I actually quite liked it for what it was. Both guys looked like beats, there were some nice big spots, and I really liked the set-smashing finish, very well done and memorable. But, as was pointed out, they showed Ryback walk away and Cena strapped, so there's no reason to throw the match out and for Ryback not to demand a count. But whatevs, he'll obviously be getting a rematch and I'm cool with that.

Trips vs. Lesnar was quite good. Did a nice job with the knee of making Brock look both vulnerable and like a beast at the same time. And you've gotta love the hidden hammer. Also, can't help bout point out how much Heyman adds to a match even just his outbursts at ringside. He is excellent.

So yep, every match was at least decent enough and some were good and it all added up to a pretty satisfying show for me. I'll go with an 8/10.

Hero!
May 19th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Pretty solid PPV considering I was looking forward to almost nothing. Definitely an 8 or 9.

The Law
May 19th, 2013, 11:25 PM
No bad matches on the show, but I didn't think anything was great. I'd have to watch it all again to be sure, but I'd say best match was Lesnar/Triple H in the ***3/4 range. It seems like most of the feuds we saw tonight are finished, so I'm curious as to where we go from here. Cena/Ryback will obviously continue, but it seems like almost everyone else on the card needs a new opponent. Interested to see where they go from here.

mth
May 19th, 2013, 11:29 PM
That picture of The Shield with the belts is BOSS as hell. :yes:

StoneColdWWE316
May 19th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Solid PPV tonight,not a bad Match.

Y2J/Fandango was a nice opener. I had no problem with Jericho getting a win,I don't think he should lose every Match. Mid-air Codebreaker was a nice finish.

Kofi/Ambrose was pretty good. Some singles gold for The Shield

Sheamus/Mark Henry was decent. I was hoping for more of the Strap to be used.

ADR/Jack Swagger was not bad. The restart didn't hurt things either.

Team Hell No/Shield was a fun Tornado Match and both Teams using double team moves was a nice touch. Tag Gold for The Shield

RKO/Big Show,Randy breaking out the punt kick was awesome

Cena/Ryback was better than I thought it would be. I figured it would be decent but it was pretty well done. The finish I thought might have happend if Cena wasn't going to win (being a draw of some sort not going through the Set which worked too).

HHH/Brock Lesnar I liked this and Heyman adds so much with his screaming at Brock from outside the Cage.

Melly
May 19th, 2013, 11:32 PM
9/10

Jericho and Fandago - Good match, like that Jericho won. Fandango's rainbow colored pants are a fun look.

Kofi and Ambrose - Hilarious hearing Cole mess up Ambrose's name a few times. Good match, very happy to see Ambrose take it from Kofi.

Mark Henry and Sheamus - Not surprised that Sheamus won, he always does. :( Really interesting match, I hadn't seen a strap match before. I wish there were more of them.

Swagger and Del Rio - Normally I wouldn't care about their match, but I enjoyed this one because it was different for the PPV.

Hell No and Shield - Great match. So happy that the Shield won!

Orton and Big Show - Somewhat interesting, only because, once again, it was a different match for the PPV. I liked Randy's kick and I think he should do that move a lot more often.

Cena and Ryback - Amazing finish, right through the set! Really good match. Ryback should have done a lot more injury to Cena's ankle.

Tripple H and Lesnar: Really good match. I was very happy Brock won. :heart: I wish that the show would have ended with Tripple H sitting in the ring, not him hobbling down the ramp. I enjoyed hearing Heyman squawk.

Weird that nothing happened between A.J. and Kaitlyn with their backstage brawl.

Judas Iscariot
May 19th, 2013, 11:36 PM
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD

Dean Ambrose to set the title in fire tomorrow. :panic:

Ochoa
May 20th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Had a good time. Got a picture close to the ring. Lesnar/HHH was boring I thought. When Lesnar first hurt his knee, the crowd was doing a Peter Griffin chant. Y'know..... sssss ahhhh! A lot of people kept cheering for Mick Foley and he had to keep telling people to look at the matches.

Judas Iscariot
May 20th, 2013, 12:32 AM
I'm gonna watch the Shield matches. Any other ones worth the effort?

I saw a couple of gifs of The Shield celebrating. They look like little kids.

For Ambrose and Rollins especially, having gone through the indies for so long and being essentially joined at the hip in FCW, getting their first titles in WWE after all that work must have blown their minds. Imagine when they inevitably take the WHC and WWE titles down the road.

Judas Iscariot
May 20th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Also, Ambrose did a crossface chicken wing? Fucking fantastic.

Beer-Belly
May 20th, 2013, 2:04 AM
What an amazing fucking main event.

It was a thoroughly solid match, but to call it amazing is a stretch. Brock sure spent a ton of time on defense for being a merciless heel. Isn't the babyface supposed to be the one who comes back from a devastating mid-match injury? It was still a believable and competently put together match, but there was some head scratching shit in there.

Beer-Belly
May 20th, 2013, 2:08 AM
Also, Ambrose did a crossface chicken wing? Fucking fantastic.

I did a woman squeal.

The match was sweet too. Both guys were on point.

mr sabu
May 20th, 2013, 4:43 AM
last man standing or the cage match needed blood

V-Line
May 20th, 2013, 5:05 AM
It was a thoroughly solid match, but to call it amazing is a stretch. Brock sure spent a ton of time on defense for being a merciless heel. Isn't the babyface supposed to be the one who comes back from a devastating mid-match injury? It was still a believable and competently put together match, but there was some head scratching shit in there.

Kinda with Beer here as I enjoyed the match but it just felt weird with Lesnar put in all the spots of dangers, selling his knee so well and then eventually coming out on top. Seeds for a face turn or they just chose to go this route as the crowd wasnt at all thrilled with watching HHH get beat up almost the entire Mania match. Really good match though that stood out as plenty of storyteling and psychology was used. Really good but not quite amazing.

Oh and can Randy Orton act like tonight from now on, looking like he actually gives a damn.

I thought Cena/Ryback was also really, really good. Ryback is fine in long matches and now I want to see the rematch...just this time Ryback for the win!

Atty
May 20th, 2013, 9:38 AM
I thought the cage match made Brock look weaker than when he lost at Mania. He's hobbling around for most of it and HHH has him beat until Heyman hits HHH in the nuts and Hunter sells it like a gunshot to the face. It then takes Brock approximately 32 minutes to get up, hit him with the hammer and F5 him.

Brock's supposed to be a monster but he definitely hasn't been booked as one since SummerSlam.

JP
May 20th, 2013, 9:57 AM
Lesnar could be the best seller on the roster, which is a commendable for him as it is disheartening as a whole. His sell job of his knee was magnificent. Much better match and story than at WM and I'm sorry, he looked like a fucking monster out there. Any complaints about him not looking like an absolute beast are, for me, well wide of the mark.

Couldn't care less about Cena/Ryback, but it was decent for what it was, though an awful 'protected' finish.

Both Shield wins were done very well, good matches and clean wins. The booking of The Shield has been nigh on perfect from beginning to now, long may it continue.

Orton and Big Show was a great, hard hitting match and great to see Orton tweaking his face character even more - if he turns heel it will be such a waste - and bringing out the Punt.

8/10

Ringo
May 20th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Selling masterclass from Brock last night. I don't know if having your monster heel coming back to win against a face is what should happen, but I thought it felt fresh as a result - one thing I wasn't expecting at all from that match. It kind of falls apart if Brock's selling isn't so good. Because he sold the leg like it was about to fall off he ends up looking like even more of a beast than before. Trips was fine, fending off Heyman and craftily uncovering the hidden sledgehammer. Probably not in the same league as Brock/Cena but I enjoyed the hell out of it and I think it was comfortably their best match together. It was memorable, and for the right reasons. That's the most important thing.

Definitely got hints of a heel turn from Randy going back to his dark place. Big Show was great in their match by the way. Loved the ladder bump, him kicking out of the first RKO and recovering fairly quickly from the second RKO on the chair. This feud has been stale as anything but the match was worked just right with both guys looking good.

I really want to see The Shield and Hell No go 20 minutes on PPV - but I thought both the Tornado match and Kofi/Ambrose were just what they should have been. Short and high energy with the Shield members looking strong.

Honestly, Ryback held up his end of the bargain last night and Cena helped him to his best match. I enjoyed the period where Ryback would just hit Cena with a big high impact move (running power slam, big powerbomb, package stunner) and wait until he got to his feet again before knocking him down once more. Finish worked for me. A cool looking bump, requiring a bit of imagination. Post-match hushed talk was annoying and lasted too long but there we go.

Sheamus/Henry was reasonable but I should have remembered that this is a WWE strap match in 2013 so it was never going to be what I really wanted it to be. Ending probably makes sense but I was not a fan since naughty prankster Sheamus is not cool and Big Mark should squash everyone.

I Quit stip was pretty shit for ADR/Swagger as it usually is. They were in a tough place though. We'd all have preferred that triple threat ladder match.

Jericho/Fandango was fine I guess but Johnny has disappointed me a little - he needs to be smoother for the gimmick to work. Jericho hasn't been on form for a while. A little sloppy. Eh.

7/10 - a very satisfying show but not as good as most of the previous renditions of Extreme Rules.

Hotbeef-Injection
May 20th, 2013, 12:30 PM
I gotta say, the I Quit stipulation does nothing or me. It disrupts the flow of matches and takes away any 'surprise' element of a sudden finisher or a roll-up.

There are too many stipulation matches I don't enjoy. I'll always like Ladder, Cage, HIAC, no disqualification (and it's numerous other names) but if i'm honest I can't say I enjoy many others.

JP
May 20th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Anything on a Pole.

kangus
May 20th, 2013, 12:35 PM
WHOA, let's keep this PG, JP.

Andy
May 20th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Just catching up with the matches I'm interested in now, starting with Ambrose/Kofi.

Really liked it, very fun match. The full nelson suplex off the top rope was bad ass, plus I liked the Trouble In Paradise to the outside + JBL's logic and the one that caught Kofi up in the ropes. Kofi makes Dean's finisher look great too.

The Law
May 20th, 2013, 12:36 PM
I agree on "I Quit" matches. I wish the referee wouldn't ask so often. Or it can be like the Bret/Austin match, where there was no microphone and a submission was just signaled by tapping out or verbally quitting.

Not a huge fan of the Last Man Standing match either. Too much standing around while the referee counts disrupts the flow of the match.

WWE cage matches frustrate me because of the ability to escape through the door. There are so many times during a match when you could easily just walk through the door. Every time you ground your opponent you can easily escape. The Angle/Anderson cage match in TNA where you had to escape through the door, but there was a key to unlock it that they fought over was a much better version of that concept. There, it was more like you had to beat your opponent senseless to walk out. Also, having to unlock the cage would take long enough that you couldn't escape without knocking out your opponent. I think the door should either be chained, or that each wrestler should only be able to have the door opened once. That would add more drama and strategy to the match.

Last night was actually pretty light on gimmicks with two normal matches. I don't have any problem with that, because neither Fandango/Jericho or Ambrose/Kofi had any need for a gimmick.

Andy
May 20th, 2013, 12:43 PM
I agree on cage matches. Any match that plays on the ability to walk out the door tends to be worse for it. Should be escape over the top or pinfall/submission.

Andy
May 20th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Just finished the I Quit match. It was ok. But jesus, we're using video replays now? So that was the last ever screwy finish we'll see?

Andy
May 20th, 2013, 1:13 PM
Did anyone think the commentators were really off their game during the tag title match? Loads of dead air, Cole kept stumbling, Jerry was talking nonsense and JBL was barely saying anything. Took away from the supposed enormity of what The Shield had just achieved IMO. Shame because it was another fun match, though with two fewer guys than usual in a Shield match it did seem a little less mad and fast paced.

VHS
May 20th, 2013, 1:42 PM
I liked that Tony Dawson got to do the pre-show with Matthews last night. He's the "new guy" that I think has some play-by-play potential even though he still has some rookie tendencies. Also, Renee ran the pre-show last night like a pro with Barrett, Foley and Titus (still love you, Titus, but dang lol).

The day Cole and King leave is the day I die happy.

Andy
May 20th, 2013, 1:47 PM
Renee is smoking.

Kimura Kid
May 20th, 2013, 1:54 PM
Renee Young has a bright future. She is a professional, beautiful, spunky & talented!

I haven't seen someone in her position demand respect on screen the way she does. Being a small female in an industry dominated by huge males with even bigger ego's she seems to handle herself better than most of her male colleagues.

I've been a fan of hers for quite sometime. Happy to see her getting more and more opportunities within the company.

VHS
May 20th, 2013, 2:07 PM
Renee Young has a bright future. She is a professional, beautiful, spunky & talented!

I haven't seen someone in her position demand respect on screen the way she does. Being a small female in an industry dominated by huge males with even bigger ego's she seems to handle herself better than most of her male colleagues.

I've been a fan of hers for quite sometime. Happy to see her getting more and more opportunities within the company.

Couldn't agree more, Kimura. I bet you're going to start calling her Renne Young Boy now ehh? Ehh?

And if there's anybody else that could handles themselves at the announce table, it's Barrett. His voice, his verbal repertoire, and his overall presence would give WWE the "voice" it had during the JR/King days.

Andy
May 20th, 2013, 2:08 PM
Last Man Standing was better than I thought it would be but not great.

Rambling thoughts about it.

It made Ryback look strong which I guess was vital if they're going to keep pushing him.

Cool to see Cena bust out the powerbomb again and Ryback did a couple of moves I haven't seen before too. The inverted sleeper hold thing from Cena was really weird though.

At first I thought it was quite nice to see Ryback take Cena out and wait for him to get up to do it again. But after Cena got up at 8 and then reversed the next move for about the seventh time in a row you'd think he would just keep pounding on him instead.

And yeah the issue of not working the ankle AT ALL was just plain weird.

Cena sold a lot better than Ryback throughout the whole match though.

How many people have been speared through the barricade at the timekeepers bit in the last few months?!

Of course ending a LMS in a no contest is amazingly stupid. It's also the sort of no contest finish that would've made more sense for a face challenger, not Ryback. As has been said, it would've made perfect sense for him to take out all the officials and demand a count.

Overall it was good though, one of Ryback's better matches.

StoneColdWWE316
May 20th, 2013, 2:10 PM

Nicely put KK. I think the PPV Post-Show has been a pretty good idea and Renee seems to know what she is doing.

Andy
May 20th, 2013, 2:12 PM
Does Rene have family in the business or something? I'm sure I read/saw a video of her and Zeb talking like old friends.

Ringo
May 20th, 2013, 2:16 PM
http://www.toromagazine.com/sex/toro-woman/toro-tv/1095330c-2257-86a4-45ce-de338834fa32/Meet-Renee-Paquette/index.html

She is cool. Used to work for a station called The Score in Canada.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
May 20th, 2013, 2:17 PM
Minor thing that got me, the commentators saying at the end; "If HHH can't stop Brock, who can?!" ....errr.... HHH beat him clean in April. :panic: Cena beat him clean before that. :panic: It was a decent PPV though. ADR and Swags I skipped to the end but it sounded dead. Was it like that all the way through?

Kimura Kid
May 20th, 2013, 2:21 PM
Does Rene have family in the business or something? I'm sure I read/saw a video of her and Zeb talking like old friends.

Not that I know of. She is a student of the game and seems to have been a genuine fan of wrestling for quite sometime.

Couldn't agree more, Kimura. I bet you're going to start calling her Renne Young Boy now ehh? Ehh?

Ok Ok...I was a bit harsh on summer. I wouldn't kick her outta bed that's for sure. Just not really in to Skinny ass girls.

Atty
May 20th, 2013, 2:45 PM
Last Man Standing was better than I thought it would be but not great.

Rambling thoughts about it.

It made Ryback look strong which I guess was vital if they're going to keep pushing him.

Cool to see Cena bust out the powerbomb again and Ryback did a couple of moves I haven't seen before too. The inverted sleeper hold thing from Cena was really weird though.

At first I thought it was quite nice to see Ryback take Cena out and wait for him to get up to do it again. But after Cena got up at 8 and then reversed the next move for about the seventh time in a row you'd think he would just keep pounding on him instead.

And yeah the issue of not working the ankle AT ALL was just plain weird.

Cena sold a lot better than Ryback throughout the whole match though.

How many people have been speared through the barricade at the timekeepers bit in the last few months?!

Of course ending a LMS in a no contest is amazingly stupid. It's also the sort of no contest finish that would've made more sense for a face challenger, not Ryback. As has been said, it would've made perfect sense for him to take out all the officials and demand a count.

Overall it was good though, one of Ryback's better matches.

Pretty much my series of thoughts. The non-finish was just bad. It was the perfect time to have Ryback do the Bane thing. Cena never quits, but can't win and the bulking heel takes him out. Cena takes a few months off and comes back to Rybane running RAW. So easy, so perfect for them. Ryback demanding the count with Cena hurt (in story and real life) would have been brilliant heel work for him.

JT4104
May 20th, 2013, 2:49 PM
The whole finish of Cena/Ryback will work fine when Ryback talks about how he left Cena laying and Cena couldn't continue and he was screwed yet again. Fully expect either a 30 min iron man match or the usual NO DQ/Countout there must be a winner thing at Payback.

JT4104
May 20th, 2013, 2:50 PM
Pretty much my series of thoughts. The non-finish was just bad. It was the perfect time to have Ryback do the Bane thing. Cena never quits, but can't win and the bulking heel takes him out. Cena takes a few months off and comes back to Rybane running RAW. So easy, so perfect for them. Ryback demanding the count with Cena hurt (in story and real life) would have been brilliant heel work for him.
Love the idea....only problem is I doubt McMahon wants to be without his top 2 guys in Cena/Punk for any extended amount of time.

Andy
May 20th, 2013, 3:09 PM
I wasn't expecting that much from Lesnar/Trips based on the spoilers and comments on here but I thought that was seriously GREAT. Really loved it. Easily the best of their series and the first that I think will go down as really memorable.

They told a pretty simple story but it just goes to show how much good storytelling and selling does. Busting out sharpshooters and figure fours because Brock's done his knee. So simple but it got a big reaction because it was so well done.

Brock was a fucking monster in this match, in absolutely everything he did. His selling was superb and that allowed the match to be as good as it was. I loved his interaction with Heyman, which displayed both how much of a beast he is and how important Heyman is. "That's my manager" was bloody great.

Brock has been absolutely amazing since he came back and the only man close to him in that time period is Heyman. Absolutely love their work.

Great, great match. :yes:

Andy
May 20th, 2013, 3:14 PM
http://www.toromagazine.com/sex/toro-woman/toro-tv/1095330c-2257-86a4-45ce-de338834fa32/Meet-Renee-Paquette/index.html

She is cool. Used to work for a station called The Score in Canada.

dem pins

Ringo
May 20th, 2013, 3:18 PM
"THAT'S MY MANAGER" was amazing :lol:

Rip
May 20th, 2013, 3:23 PM
The end of Ryback/Cena works.... If Ryback goes over Cena at Payback in a brutal Iron Man/No DQ type match leading to Cena taking a month or two off (while Punk comes back)

Ryback looks like a monster for destroying Cena, twice, Cena gets a break (as do we) and comes back all fired up to dethrone the Rybeast.

The Law
May 20th, 2013, 3:30 PM
Why put the title on heatless Ryback? I understand the urge to see someone other than Cena, but what does Ryback have going for him right now that suggests he would make a good champion? I understand we all want the Bane storyline, but the difference between Bane and Ryback is that Bane was A) Over, B) Could cut a promo, and C) Could actually work a good match (although I thought the Batman/Bane blowoff at City Hall was a bit of a disappointment). Even if they did this exact Bane storyline (admittedly, I was the one who proposed it) I'm not at all convinced Ryback could pull it off.

TraXX
May 20th, 2013, 3:34 PM
They should start RAW tonight with Ryback bullying a ref into Cena's hospital room while he's pumped up on morphine and demand he makes the 10 count then and there. :yesyes:

Atty
May 20th, 2013, 3:38 PM
Why put the title on heatless Ryback? I understand the urge to see someone other than Cena, but what does Ryback have going for him right now that suggests he would make a good champion? I understand we all want the Bane storyline, but the difference between Bane and Ryback is that Bane was A) Over, B) Could cut a promo, and C) Could actually work a good match (although I thought the Batman/Bane blowoff at City Hall was a bit of a disappointment). Even if they did this exact Bane storyline (admittedly, I was the one who proposed it) I'm not at all convinced Ryback could pull it off.

Very wrong. Bane didn't break The Bat because he was over/heat—he got heat/over BECAUSE he broke The Bat. He was just some random new muscle bound villain when he showed up in Knightfall, then he completely beat Bats and became a big deal.

Cewsh
May 20th, 2013, 3:39 PM

Based on what? Ryback's already been a part of 3 good-to-great storyline based matches.

His storyline with Cena thus far has been bungled in every segment by unfocused writing and an unclear direction for his character, but I don't see it as being his fault.

Excel
May 20th, 2013, 4:13 PM
You know what I loved on the show? The post show "booth"(?) sections. I like that halfway through they got some comments from the guys, and that Renee Young is good in the role. Having a follow up after the main event leading to a post show... All of this made the show feel like an actual sporting event. It also made the show feel different to RAW and more like a ppv.

Seems silly to go on about such a small thing, but it really does improve the show. Made it feel a little old school too.

Atty
May 20th, 2013, 4:17 PM
I had never seen Renee before last night and she's already one of my favorites in WWE. She's really natural in that role and has a bright future. I would even be for making her an announcer at some point. She seems on top of it and could bring a different voice to shows.

Andy
May 20th, 2013, 4:31 PM
Just watched the post-show. As everyone says, Renee was really good. Surprised at how nervous Titus seemed considering some of his stuff on WWE's YouTube and the whole Pancake Patterson stuff. Big E being in his wrestling gear after the show and considering he didn't have a match made me chuckle.

MMH
May 20th, 2013, 5:17 PM
I had never seen Renee before last night and she's already one of my favorites in WWE. She's really natural in that role and has a bright future. I would even be for making her an announcer at some point. She seems on top of it and could bring a different voice to shows.

Shes a really good proper sports presenter and a big wrestling fan so thats always a plus point. I used to like the score podcasts she was on.

G-Fresh
May 20th, 2013, 7:24 PM
Anything on a Pole.

Crack Pipe on a pole.

Brian M.
May 20th, 2013, 11:36 PM
The ending to Cena/Ryback made sense because both guys were blatantly down for at least a 10 count, no? The ref couldn't get back to see them in time but they showed about a billion replays and when they cut to the back Ryback was still down. I don't think you can say he should have demanded a 10 count when he had to be helped out of the arena.

Anyway, loved that match. Obviously not as good as Cena's previous LMS efforts but he did the best with what he had. I also loved the cage match. Easily the best match Brock and Trips have had together. May get some consideration on my MOTY listing. Won't top the list, but if felt like an old school, heated, feud blow off and I always enjoy those. Brock also may be the best seller in the business which is either fucking weird or makes complete sense based on his MMA background. I haven't decided which yet.

mth
May 20th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Fair point made about the end of Cena/Ryback. Both of them were definitely down for a 10 count so it would have been a draw regardless if Ryback walked away later on.

OD50
May 21st, 2013, 4:24 AM
So ADR/Swagger was the first time Instant Replay was ever used in WWE..

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1qic2_bret-hart-vs-owen-hart-wwf-title-lu_sport?search_algo=2

:cool:

Peter Griffin
May 21st, 2013, 10:05 AM
So ADR/Swagger was the first time Instant Replay was ever used in WWE..

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1qic2_bret-hart-vs-owen-hart-wwf-title-lu_sport?search_algo=2

:cool:

Also the free for all between Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Duke Drose at Royal Rumble 1996

Kneeneighbor
May 21st, 2013, 10:40 AM
Instant replay debates go back to WM7 as seen here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92c_J7MA574&safety_mode=true

OD50
May 21st, 2013, 3:18 PM
Also the free for all between Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Duke Drose at Royal Rumble 1996

Good catch, I remember that match. :yes: Poor Trips going from 30 to 1 within seconds.