PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Injured

Defrost
April 8th, 2013, 4:07 PM
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/118-daily-updates/30723-huge-news-from-raw-tonight-an-eventful-show-planned-some-in-question

--There is absolute panic at Raw at this moment. The show was scheduled to build to a segment where Brock Lesnar beat up Rock to set up next year's WrestleMania main event. Rock is not there. The word at the building is he went home. Vince McMahon, the writers and producers are in the process of redoing the show, evidently believing the angle has been nixed. Nobody knows any details as to what happened past that. The belief right now is Rock is not appearing and hopefully if that changes we'll get an update.

--There is a second major angle tonight to set up the main feud going forward and the Extreme Rules main event involving John Cena's next title defense. It is one of the things that has been planned for some time and was actually scheduled before Mania.

Bennedy
April 8th, 2013, 4:09 PM
Don't believe it. I wonder who Cena is going to face though. Hopefully it is a bit more exciting than Mark Henry.

G-Fresh
April 8th, 2013, 4:10 PM
ROCKY SUCKS

BBF
April 8th, 2013, 4:20 PM
Ahahaahhaah I hope this is true. Would be superb if he just fucked off home.

MMH
April 8th, 2013, 4:24 PM
I hope he has too. There have been rumours going round that last night was always going to be his last night and they had him being involved at Extreme Rules to throw people off the result.

Good anyway, Brock vs Rock next year would be alright but useless for the future. Start getting the full time guys in top roles for gods sake

Kimura Kid
April 8th, 2013, 4:26 PM
I don't believe this, But If it is true he just proved what everyone thought of him originally. He was only doing this run in the WWE for selfish reasons.

VHS
April 8th, 2013, 4:30 PM
I don't believe this for one second. But if he falls, fine... if not, the sword. :lol:

turdpower
April 8th, 2013, 4:35 PM
I hope he has too. There have been rumours going round that last night was always going to be his last night and they had him being involved at Extreme Rules to throw people off the result.

Good anyway, Brock vs Rock next year would be alright but useless for the future. Start getting the full time guys in top roles for gods sake

Not for me, that confirmed the result if anything.

Extreme Rules was always the mandatory rematch.

virms
April 8th, 2013, 4:35 PM
Don't believe it.

Hotbeef-Injection
April 8th, 2013, 4:42 PM
For all his faults Rock has always been professional. He's agreed to certain dates and stuck by them. Don't see that changing now to be honest.

Zacharie
April 8th, 2013, 4:43 PM
Haha, can't say that I blame him.

Why build towards a match that's one year away between two guys who are barely going to be around throughout the year? How is that supposed to make a good storyline if neither guy is around to sell it? That's such a bullshit move to pull on your full time roster. These guys get paid more money to do less work and appear on the biggest show of the year. Makes no sense.

Have a young guy call out Brock. People love Daniel Bryan, why not do an underdog match?

Hero!
April 8th, 2013, 4:45 PM
Good, fuck off forever.

virms
April 8th, 2013, 4:46 PM
I think Rock is just hung over and still asleep. He said on twitter he was going home and getting in a bottle of tequila.

"Appreciate that brother! A helluva show. My tequila bottle awaits when I get home. Can't wait for #UFC159. #Bones."

chatty
April 8th, 2013, 4:53 PM
He turns up and beats the shit out of Cena and turns heel. He still gets cheered but who cares, people like him better as a heel and he's more comfortable doing this. Sells the rematch at ER as this feud has dried out and he did look pissed right off at the end of the match last night.

chatty
April 8th, 2013, 4:55 PM
Can't see him walking out of WWE pissing him off. From scenarios he has no reason to be pissed off at putting Cena over or setting a Brock feud up by getting smashed to bits. He'll be getting paid silly money and WWE won't be holding it back or anything.

Just can't see them falling out this quick after last night unless they have suggested he gets beat down by 3MB or something stupid like that.

chatty
April 8th, 2013, 4:58 PM
Rumours also that Ryback, HHH and Punk injured and Jericho buggering back off on tour. The next few months could be damn good afterall.

Fanny Batter
April 8th, 2013, 5:09 PM
Don't blame him, doubt he's had a day off all year. Book the show with the lads who are about next month ffs!

Merchant4Ever
April 8th, 2013, 5:15 PM
I can't believe some people are criticizing him for "no-showing" when at this point it's just a rumor.

Oh, and Raw isn't for several more hours! Guess what, if you go to a major league baseball park five hours before the game, it looks like the entire team has no-showed...

lotjx
April 8th, 2013, 5:16 PM
Rock has had done more in the last three months than the rest of the part timers and probably half the roster, so this fuck him attitude has no place. He has a movie that is promoting while filming another one and going back to do media when Fast and Furious comes out. If he was "scheduled" for Extreme Rules just as a ruse then guess what that is on Vince. I highly doubt Rock left them high and dry after doing three months of work for them. I think its either a bullshit story or a story that got leaked, because this company for the 100th time booked themselves into a corner with no real challenges to Cena, a damaged goods Brock and a CM Punk with nothing to do. So, lets blame Rock, because he isn't here. A typical of this company to blame someone who is leaving for their fuck ups.

The Rogerer
April 8th, 2013, 5:18 PM
Bet he didn't miss any interviews for GI Joe 2. I tried to think of a more diminutive jokey name for the film but I couldn't beat that.

I'm sure he'll really be there. Guess what, it's a shitty rumour from a website that requires registration. At least their site appears to be working, though.

Jenova
April 8th, 2013, 5:19 PM
Something tells me its some kind of emergency. I don't think Rock would just up and leave like that, but who knows.

GtheMVP
April 8th, 2013, 5:21 PM
He just sold to Cena clean, worked probably the most insane schedule over anyone the last few months to give back, he owes WWE nothing. Always remember that Rock didn't need to return, but I'm glad he did!

Rock's got nothing left wrasslin wise right now, why take up a spot tonight when he can build his next feud any other time.

Brock vs Rock is all that's left right now for him, maybe Taker, and neither needs to happen right now.

Rock did more for WWE the last two years than pretty much everyone else combined, millions of new eyes were on the product, it's too bad they sold us the same old safe shit to wrap it up.

btw, I can't see Rock walking out on contacted obligation, unless WWE did something underhanded to him, or there was a miss-communication, Rock is a pro through and through.

Tainted Eclipse
April 8th, 2013, 5:23 PM
Don't believe it. I wonder who Cena is going to face though. Hopefully it is a bit more exciting than Mark Henry.

i cant think of anything that would excite me more than a cena/henry title feud.

Mills
April 8th, 2013, 5:26 PM
God Id pay good money for Bryan/Lesnar

Bennedy
April 8th, 2013, 5:26 PM
Rock has had done more in the last three months than the rest of the part timers and probably half the roster, so this fuck him attitude has no place.

Hahahaha. Good one.

Fanny Batter
April 8th, 2013, 5:29 PM
Rock's just texted a couple of lads saying the dogs are in the enclosed pool area.

GtheMVP
April 8th, 2013, 5:30 PM
Good, fuck off forever.
lol, holy vitriol

casselmm47
April 8th, 2013, 5:53 PM
Rock's just texted a couple of lads saying the dogs are in the enclosed pool area.

Book it.

Defrost
April 8th, 2013, 5:56 PM
Bet he didn't miss any interviews for GI Joe 2. I tried to think of a more diminutive jokey name for the film but I couldn't beat that.

I'm sure he'll really be there. Guess what, it's a shitty rumour from a website that requires registration. At least their site appears to be working, though.

It's the Wrestling Observer website

The Rogerer
April 8th, 2013, 6:01 PM
Oh?

lotjx
April 8th, 2013, 6:08 PM
Update from Metzler says its an injury.

Beer-Belly
April 8th, 2013, 6:10 PM
Couldn't hurt to push some full timers right about now.

Punisher
April 8th, 2013, 6:16 PM
Update from Metzler says its an injury.

An injury? So because he's hurt he couldn't even cut out and cut a promo? I don't know sounds like crap to me...

Either he was going to appear tonight or he wasn't.

The Law
April 8th, 2013, 6:18 PM
What did Rock do to piss people off? He's come back, been generally entertaining both on the mic and in the ring, generated mainstream interest in the company, drawn huge ratings and made tons of money. He put over Cena last night and though he had won his previous four matches, we all know that he has no qualms about putting people over. Over the years he's lost to Mark Henry, the Hurricane, Big Boss Man, anyone they asked him to lose to. No, he's not going to come back to WWE full-time because it would be an insane thing to do from a personal, financial, and health perspective. I'm grateful that he's come back at all. Not sure what anyone's problem with him would be.

StoneColdChris
April 8th, 2013, 6:19 PM
What did Rock do to piss people off? He's come back, been generally entertaining both on the mic and in the ring, generated mainstream interest in the company, drawn huge ratings and made tons of money. He put over Cena last night and though he had won his previous four matches, we all know that he has no qualms about putting people over. Over the years he's lost to Mark Henry, the Hurricane, Big Boss Man, anyone they asked him to lose to. No, he's not going to come back to WWE full-time because it would be an insane thing to do from a personal, financial, and health perspective. I'm grateful that he's come back at all. Not sure what anyone's problem with him would be.

Couldnt say it any better

GtheMVP
April 8th, 2013, 6:23 PM

Great post!

It's like MMA fans bitching about Brock Lesnar being in the UFC, some very insecure WWE fans where the Rock is concerned. "Wahhh he's not one of us, wahhhh it's still real to me dammit!" :D

Anaconda Sniper
April 8th, 2013, 6:26 PM
I'm pretty pumped to see what this program with Cena is.

Gangers
April 8th, 2013, 6:26 PM
Firstly, I don't care about buy rates, TV ratings or mainstream media attention, why would anyone who isn't employed by the WWE? And he's been pretty hit and miss entertainment and match quality wise. Apart from that, spot on.

Punisher
April 8th, 2013, 6:27 PM
I'm pretty pumped to see what this program with Cena is.

I'm hoping/thinking it involves The Shield.

One Man Gang
April 8th, 2013, 6:30 PM
An injury? So because he's hurt he couldn't even cut out and cut a promo? I don't know sounds like crap to me...

Either he was going to appear tonight or he wasn't.

WWE shares Rock with movie studios. They have insurance policies out on his well being. However major or minor the injury is, they'll demand it be checked out by their doctors. WWE and Rocks hands were probably tied here.

Hero!
April 8th, 2013, 6:32 PM
Couldn't hurt to push some full timers right about now.

Woah, woah, woah, woah, WOAH. Use the people that you employ full-time? That's practically Un-American.

JT4104
April 8th, 2013, 6:36 PM
I'm hoping/thinking it involves The Shield.
No....who did the Shield piss off to deserve that treatment?

ReDPath
April 8th, 2013, 6:39 PM
Rocky bailed...

And so did HHH...

And so did Lesnar...

And so did Taker...

2 outta 4 of those guys are shit boring, and the Rock isn't even close to his 2003 form, let alone his glorious 98-02 form.

All those generic action movies, and he's still completely gassed/in awful cardio shape.

Back to telling us that Dolph, Swagger, Ryback and the Shield are going to be main eventing Wrestlemania next year...or the year after that, so on, etc.

And again, Lesnar must be getting paid GREAT COIN to come back, only to be jobbed out each, and everytime to part timers/full timers alike.

He must really be hesitant to head back to UFC at any point.

Just give the creative reigns to Heyman, and let it be.

Anaconda Sniper
April 8th, 2013, 6:42 PM
Fandango is going to be the new number 1 contender for the WWE title.

V-Line
April 8th, 2013, 6:44 PM
Seriously, Rocky away for a while would be good as the ending of Mania was built to make you think he was saying goodbye. Leave him out and maybe hype him to appear at Summerslam, Brock attacks him there. As for Cena, Shield or Mark Henry my guess (has to be the only reason he gave Ryback his 6th straight PPV loss)

The Law
April 8th, 2013, 7:24 PM
Rock getting taken out by Brock sounds cool. Other than that, I don't see much use for him on the show tonight or for quite sometime. Doing Cena/Rock III at Extreme Rules would be a huge mistake. They need to let that simmer for awhile. I'd be down for Rock/Cena/Punk, but I think Punk is going to be taking time off. The only thing I'd really be interested in seeing Rock do right now is lead a team of guys against The Shield.

_me
April 8th, 2013, 7:28 PM
i can't think of one person cena can face at Xrules that i would care about. i guess ziggler would be ok

_me
April 8th, 2013, 7:32 PM
Firstly, I don't care about buy rates, TV ratings or mainstream media attention, why would anyone who isn't employed by the WWE? And he's been pretty hit and miss entertainment and match quality wise. Apart from that, spot on.

i care about those things b/c WWE is a business first. And a business that makes no money has no future. i would like to watch WWE in the future. thus it is in every fan's interest to care if the WWE is making money IMO.

Defrost
April 8th, 2013, 7:33 PM
Meltzer says injury is torn groin

virms
April 8th, 2013, 7:40 PM
I wonder what effect this will have on his movie he was supposed to start filming this week?

I also applaud whoever oeaked this because it is becoming apparent that they were probably trolling a bit. :lol:

Beer-Belly
April 8th, 2013, 7:47 PM
Meltzer says injury is torn groin
I wish the People's Strudel a speedy recovery.

Cewsh
April 8th, 2013, 8:42 PM
In the middle of last nights Wrestlemania match I tore my abdomen & adductor muscles off the bone. Just part of the job. But as we know...It's all about #JustBringIt. WWE Universe THANK YOU for all the love & well wishes. Means everything to me. #LeaveItAllInTheRing

That's from Rock's Twitter. Dave Meltzer is a slandering fuckhead.

Atty
April 9th, 2013, 12:01 AM
They were just asking for it pairing Rock with such an unsafe worker more than once.

Defrost
April 9th, 2013, 12:09 AM
That's from Rock's Twitter. Dave Meltzer is a slandering fuckhead.

Dave reported the injury

Bert
April 9th, 2013, 12:55 AM
The wrong one. Which he said after just saying "the rock went home, no one knows why." Meltzer is a moron, but I knew this already.

DDT
April 9th, 2013, 8:57 AM
Not just "no one knows why," but flat out said that it was because Rock was being an unprofessional crybaby.

The Rogerer
April 9th, 2013, 9:03 AM
Okay guys here is the news RAW IS IN CHAOS and nobody knows why???? Vincent Kennedy McMahon has knocked over a bin. Who could you do this to us Rock? How could you? I trusted you! Please pay me £10.95 a month for more news like this.

RuneEdge
April 9th, 2013, 9:22 AM
To be fair, we still dont know anything for sure. Its possible that Rock didnt want to face the crowd after the negative reaction at the end of Mania. They probably knew they had to just get past the smarky crowd on RAW and things would get back to normal. I personally find it hard to believe Rock couldnt make an appearence of some sort, even a "via satellite" promo or some shit.

Atty
April 9th, 2013, 9:27 AM
I'm sure Rock feels gutted over this whole thing.

Beer-Belly
April 9th, 2013, 9:34 AM
The Rock did everything that was required of him by passing the torch to the young 36 year old upstart.

Tempest
April 9th, 2013, 9:43 AM
Wait, do we hate The Rock again? Is this 2001?

Does this mean I have to start hating HHH again too?

Maybe now he's hurt they can push Mark Henry and Randy Orton again. Exciting times ahead.

RuneEdge
April 9th, 2013, 9:48 AM
I don't hate The Rock. It was just a stupid move to not have him make some sort of appearance. It was bad enough that Punk wasn't there.
This is assuming Rock wasnt the one who decided against showing up.

Tempest
April 9th, 2013, 9:50 AM
Hardly the end of the world. He would have only done the usual speil about being on top some day again anyway. The show was better for it in the end

chatty
April 9th, 2013, 10:01 AM
i thought the show was better for the lack of Rock/HHH. If anyone was missed from the show it was Punk, other than that the show was probably better than it was planned originally. Rock would have just got a mixed reaction, maybes even booed and cut a promo about absolutely nothing. At best Lesnar would have beat him up and prepared himself for the next los notch on his record which is getting the momentum of Yoshi tatsu.

Hacksaw
April 9th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Wait, do we hate The Rock again? Is this 2001?

Does this mean I have to start hating HHH again too?

I'm ready when you are.

Brian M.
April 9th, 2013, 12:24 PM
I've been pretty critical of The Rock but there was no reason for him to be on the show last night. He wasn't going to be wrestling at Extreme Rules and he wouldn't have been able to get involved in anything physical with Lesnar if they wanted to build something for next year. So it basically would have been a rehash of Wrestlemania where he says thank you to the fans, except he would have been booed out of the building by those ingrates last night. So I'm glad he didn't show up, really. He did everything he could for the company, put them back on the map and put over their biggest star. What else can you ask of a man?

Brian M.
April 9th, 2013, 12:49 PM
May have been a bit harsh on the crowd from last night there. They were helpful to the show for the most part, but the "We Are Awesome" chant just turned me off for some reason.

Kimura Kid
April 9th, 2013, 12:53 PM
They were awesome! And the chant was deserving.

Basically a way for the entire crowd to show their appreciation to one another!!

Imagine being in the crowd as an intelligent Wrestling fan who understands the dynamic of what's happining.....Pretty Awesome!!

VHS
April 9th, 2013, 1:00 PM
I hope the movers and shakers backstage took note on the crowd's interaction because the usual mongoloid audience hasn't helped much in recent weeks/months. We're not going to see stuff like this again especially if the majority of the crowd is children.

JP
April 9th, 2013, 1:05 PM
I'm with Bri on the "We Are Awesome" chant, as I dislike it when crowds try and make it about them (yes, I'm looking at you Impact Zone).

But it was only short and apart from that they were awesome, so let it by.

Judas Iscariot
April 10th, 2013, 2:51 AM
So apparently Rock completely tore a muscle off the bone during the match.

I'm just curious and have limited knowledge about this stuff, but a COMPLETE TEAR off the bone is pretty uncommon even among football players and other athletes and from what I recall tends to result with the abuse of certain enhancers, no?

Again, I'm pretty much ignorant and I could research it but I figure folks here may likely know.

AGAIN AGAIN, this sort of jumped out at me as peculiar, but I'm not sure. Inform me.