PDA

View Full Version : Only God Forgives...

Alf
April 4th, 2013, 4:56 AM
GOSLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same director as Drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqAeVosG4zI

This basically looks like Drive 2. Which ain't a bad thing at all.

Another great synopsis:

A Bangkok police lieutenant and a gangster settle their differences in a Thai-boxing match.

Erotic.

Beer-Belly
April 4th, 2013, 5:18 AM
Nicolas Winding Refn is one of my favorite directors, so I'm down for this.

Mik
April 12th, 2013, 2:00 PM
Looks like Drive does Eastern style. It looks beautiful.

Mik
May 23rd, 2013, 6:25 AM
Well, reviews are pretty damn polarising from this so far.

5 star review from Peter Bradshaw though.

Mik
May 27th, 2013, 6:13 PM
Actually, not so polarising...just bad.

Canuck
June 4th, 2013, 3:04 PM
That trailer is pretty shit. Basically looks desperate to make the film look beautiful without telling us anything.

LOCONUT
June 4th, 2013, 4:58 PM
Drive was also shit.

Ringo
June 27th, 2013, 3:48 PM
Went to see a preview last night along with a Q&A with Refn.

I was worried it would be tough to sit through given the reviews and first 15 minutes. As it happens, not so bad. A few positives. Kristin Scott Thomas because she's Kristin Scott Thomas, a soundtrack which did a lot of the talking, some beautiful shots, typically enjoyable Refn violence and Chang's ridiculous walk/general badassery.

I felt Refn has come across quite badly at times in the past but he answered questions well. Talked about how Luke Evans was originally going to play Gosling's character (so it would have been a British crime family) but he decided to do the Hobbit at the last minute instead. His response to one guy who said he hated the film and it has no business being called "art" and Refn is only thinking about financial gain (which is pretty hard to argue I think) was particularly good. Very personable afterwards too.