PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Colon still a piece of shit

Defrost
April 4th, 2013, 3:26 AM
The more things change the more they stay the same. From the Observer

Carlos Colon, on WWC TV this past week, announced he was coming out of retirement. That was funny since he just wrestled Savio Vega a few weeks ago. He said that his doctors gave him the okay to return and he was going to start training and believes he’ll be back in shape in time for the anniversary show. Yes, no acknowledgment that he just wrestled. He said he’s coming back to give Invader I the beating that he deserves for what he has done. Without mentioning the murder of Bruiser Brody, he said that there was something that happened 25 years ago (Brody was murdered by Invader in the dressing room in Bayamon in 1988) involving Invader that was really bad and Colon talked about how he helped him out at the time. Colon used the WWC TV show, which got monster ratings, to try and make Invader a sympathetic character and behind the scenes helped in his acquittal. He also kept him on payroll and kept him secretly working in the office while telling everyone he was gone, and then brought him back as booker after the trial. He said that after all that, Invader betrayed him, saying that during the war with IWA, Invader left for the other company and went as far as to go on a non-wrestling TV show and talked trash about him (Invader was on a gossip show and buried Colon). He said that now Invader has brainwashed his own son, Carlito, against him. Invader’s new gimmick is beating up prelim wrestlers and making fun of them saying they’ll never be as good as him. Invader is now 66 and Colon is almost 65 and they are building the big show around their match, which tells you what a great job they’ve done in building the next generation

Cewsh
April 4th, 2013, 2:51 PM
This is a bizarre story in all sorts of ways. From the complete ignoring of the match he had just a few weeks ago (which was heavily hyped, as I recall,) to the shoot storyline invoking a legit murder committed by one of the participants. If it were done here, it would almost certainly be blowing up in their faces, but Puerto Rico is very different when it comes to their wrestling.

Inferring that a heel is a despicable murderer in real life will probably work over there.

Peter Griffin
April 4th, 2013, 2:55 PM
Do you not like Senor Colon? Who's the bigger piece of shit Frost, Carlos or the McMahons?

Defrost
April 4th, 2013, 3:14 PM
Colon. As far as I know Vince McMahon never aided and abetted a murderer. Well Snuka maybe now that I think about it. So tied I guess.

Peter Griffin
April 4th, 2013, 3:27 PM
:squint: