PDA

View Full Version : Jane Henson: 1934 - 2013

JP
April 3rd, 2013, 3:56 AM
She had been suffering from cancer for a while but never nice when somebody who had such a positive effect on your childhood passes away.

Absolutely adored The Muppets as a kid (and still do, The Muppets was quite possibly my favourite film of last year) and the number of moments and scenes that I can still remember bit for bit is probably a little disturbing.

RIP

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/25064/jane-henson-1934-2013

The co-creator of The Muppets, Jane Henson, has died at the age of 78.

There's some sad news to report this morning, we're afraid to say. Jane Henson, who co-created The Muppets with her late husband Jim Henson, has died. She was 78.

Jane Henson had been fighting cancer, reportedly for some time, and passed away yesterday. Our thoughts are very much with her family and friends at this time.

But what a life Jane Henson had. She met Jim while studying back in 1954, and the married five years later, going on to have five children together, before separating in 1986. The pair continued to work together on The Muppets, and remained heavily involved in The Jim Henson Company, even after the death of Jim in 1990.

She co-created the show Sam And Friends with Jim, the early forerunner to what would become The Muppets, and leaves behind a brilliant legacy of work.

Rest in peace, Jane Henson. And thank you very much.

G-Fresh
April 3rd, 2013, 12:44 PM
Sad to hear.

mth
April 3rd, 2013, 4:10 PM
Sad news. I'm a massive Muppets fan so I owe her a fair amount of gratitude and appreciation.

One Man Gang
April 3rd, 2013, 5:29 PM
The Muppets have certainly had their fair share of sad news over the past year.

RIP

lotjx
April 3rd, 2013, 7:05 PM
RIP Jane Henson, your creations are all over my daughter's room.