PDA

View Full Version : Womans wrestling.

Shane Luttmann
April 2nd, 2013, 10:18 PM
Well, since im still new here. i might as well toss this thought out as well.
Womans wrestling. To start. I love woman. Just wanted to toss that out there to avoid possible fruity comments.

I dont know about the rest of you. but when a womans match comes up. the channel gets changed as fast as i can. Its awful. Fandango awful. If not worse. Im sure its just a time fill . but to have to useless woman roll around for a few minutes is just shit. Out of all the female wrestlers out there. i can maybe..MAYBE think of 1, maybe 2 that id say have talent. And neither is Trish Stratus. (hall of fame.. pfft. please)

I think the age group that they target is around 18-34 or so. But im in that age group. And just feel dumber when trying to watch a match with two woman, or even a mix tag team match.

So, in closing. its a waste of time. And only good that it does me is gives me a few minutes to go get another mountain dew from the fridge during the match. If i want to see 2 or more woman roll around, ill go watch Big brother with the gf.

Cewsh
April 2nd, 2013, 10:22 PM
They ages they aim at are roughly 6-40.

Have you seen much women's wrestling?

Simmo Fortyone
April 4th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Well there's women's wrestling, and then there's the WWE Divas division.

G-Fresh
April 4th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Women learned to wrestle with some type of alien technology.

Cewsh
April 4th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Well there's women's wrestling, and then there's the WWE Divas division.

Yeah, that's pretty much the whole thing right there.

JP
April 4th, 2013, 11:25 AM
To try and claim that Trish doesn't deserve to be in the HoF is madness, pure and incurable madness.

The Law
April 4th, 2013, 11:49 AM
WWE's current women's division is total garbage. Women's wrestling isn't really any different from men's wrestling: it depends on the skill of the people doing it. Trish Stratus was great, but I honestly think she's the worst thing that ever happened to women's wrestling because her success convinced them that they could just hire models and teach them how to wrestle. Trish was a one-off, unique talent and success story. Instead of hiring models and trying to teach them how to wrestle, they should be looking for women who are genuinely interested in wrestling and have actually done it before. They should also stop worrying about how attractive their women are. Thankfully they don't decide who to push in the men's division based on who is most attractive. Admittedly, "look" matters in wrestling, but "look" in the men's division doesn't emphasize sexuality to nearly the extent it does with women.

I can't call myself any kind of expert on women's wrestling, but TNA had some really good matches in their women's division in the middle part of the last decade. There was actually a point where the women's matches were drawing the best ratings of anything on the show.

So I think WWE's core problem is this: they take pretty women and try to make them wrestlers. I think it would be much easier to take women who can wrestle and make them pretty. Just remember that if we went back ten years the women's division was actually pretty awesome: Trish, Lita, Victoria, Gail Kim, Mickie James, Molly Holly. Every single one of those women were better wrestlers than anyone they feature right now. I get the feeling that this, like everything else, is probably Johnny Ace's fault.

Cewsh
April 4th, 2013, 12:51 PM
It is, without any doubt, Johnny Ace's fault. He started the initiative to sign models, personally handpicked Kelly Kelly and Alicia Fox from a magazine he saw, and there are abundant rumors that he would outright deny any female wrestler who didn't have model good looks, regardless of how talented they were, most notably with luchador Sexy Star.

They fact that WWE started raiding Shimmer for talent THE SECOND Ace was removed from that position says all that really needs saying.

Big_Dre
April 4th, 2013, 8:03 PM
The Women's Division would be so much better if they gave a shit. The crowd barely reacts (except for a few of the women) and up until recently the commentators didn't even seem interested. I wish they'd either get serious about it or scrap it altogether. Almost a waste to have a Divas Title when the champ appears every blue moon.

Simmo Fortyone
April 4th, 2013, 8:51 PM
I keep hearing about all these divas in NXT or "development" that are being trained by Sara Del Rey, and hold hopes that they're planning on "rebooting" the division soon. Hopefully post-WM.

Cewsh
April 4th, 2013, 8:57 PM
Yep, there are at least 4 women in development right now who are better than anyone currently on the main roster.

Jimmy Zero
April 4th, 2013, 9:00 PM
Didn't the Bellas just come back? That's all they need to make the division incredible.

Judas Iscariot
April 4th, 2013, 10:20 PM
I find no place for women wrestling on WWE the way things are. The division was good when Trish and Lita and Jaqueline were doing it, but it's utterly and completely useless now. People are glad the Bellas are back, but who gives a shit?

I will again refer to a moment when I was schooled when I intended to troll a Shimmer thread until I watched a video posted there.

Those broads could teach a lot of the men in WWE how to do it, let alone the women. They're fucking fantastic in the ring. It really took me aback how intense and brilliant they are in the ring.

Unfortunately that isn't going to ever fly in WWE since they hire models who can't even telegraph a fake punch let alone what the women in Shimmer can do.

Mills
April 4th, 2013, 10:38 PM
But they're raiding SHIMMER ask we speak.... er type

Cewsh
April 4th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Well the new women's trainer in FCW was a top Shimmer star, and WWE has hired 2 former Shimmer stars and are developing them right now. So they're on the right track.

Jimmy Zero
April 4th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Unless they have asses like the Bellas, I don't care.

But seriously, anything they can do to make the division more interesting should be tried. The current crop of women wrestlers in WWE aren't cutting it (besides AJ, and she doesn't even wrestle much), so bring in women who can.

Mills
April 4th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Yeah, I have wanted Del Rey in a WWE ring for years, preferably with the KOW, but i digress. She seems to be a good trainer from what Ive seen of FCW diva matches.

Cewsh
April 4th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Unless they have asses like the Bellas, I don't care.

But seriously, anything they can do to make the division more interesting should be tried. The current crop of women wrestlers in WWE aren't cutting it (besides AJ, and she doesn't even wrestle much), so bring in women who can.

Well here's what the up and coming Divas of tomorrow look like.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1419717/aj-nxt-divas-635x401_medium.jpg

Jimmy Zero
April 4th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Look good to me.

Sparky
April 5th, 2013, 12:25 AM
I always laugh at how ass backwards womens wrestling has been in WWE. Back in the late 90's, you had talented wrestlers who were treated as eye candy, despite some of them lacking in the looks department. Now, today, we have models getting contracts and we're supposed to believe them to be legitimate wrestlers. Its astonishing, really.

The simple thing is this...get more women to be managers. If their act sticks, then it has enough meat on the bones to be a singles act. At this point, there is not much more they could do to wreck the division.

Simmo Fortyone
April 5th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Well now that Eve has gone, who is actually left? Kaitlyn, Natalya, AJ, the Bellas, Naomi/Cameron.... who else?

Mills
April 5th, 2013, 12:52 AM
Rosa Mendes

G-Fresh
April 5th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Layla, Alicia, & Tamina.