PDA

View Full Version : John Cena vs The Rock

Hero!
April 2nd, 2013, 8:47 PM
Ok, so i've done one of these for Punk/Taker & Lesnar/Trips, but this is "Main Event" of the event, so let's have at it.

In our first corner, the challenger:
John Cena

http://www.profightdb.com/img/wrestlers/thumbs-600/4d54a6c767johncena.jpg
Recording setting 10-time WWE Champion
2-time World Heavyweight champion
Former US, World & WWE tag team champion, Mr. Money in the Bank
2008 & 2013 Royal Rumble winner
Other ventures: Rapping, Acting
Signature move(s): Diving bulldog, 5-knuckle shuffle, running shoulder block
Finishing Moves: Attitude Adjustment, STF

And in the other corner; the reigning WWE champion:

The Rock
http://www.badazzmofo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/TheRockDVD.jpg
8-time WWE Champion
2-time WCW Champion
Former Intercontinental & World tag team champion
2000 Royal Rumble winner
Other ventures: Acting
Signature move(s): Samoan Drop, Multiple slaps to face, sharpshooter
Finishing Moves: Rock Bottom, People's Elbow

WHO WINS?

Vice
April 2nd, 2013, 8:50 PM
I will only accept Cena winning if he does to The Rock what The Rock did to Steve Austin at X7. Desperate times, desperate measures. Freshen the entire company as a whole up.

Realistically I see Cena getting a standard win followed by a handshake or a hug or something really stupid, because yay Cena needs that torch passed to him so badly since he seriously needs that one good win to prove that he's ready to be a big star in WWE one day.

Hero!
April 2nd, 2013, 8:53 PM
Personally, I don't see Rock losing without a Cena heel turn. If Cena does not turn, then Rock winning can become a thing. That would make him undefeated in all 5 of his return matches. Think about it: If Punk AND Cena couldn't beat The Rock, just who the hell can? It would be a great way to build up beating the Rock up as this "new streak" sort of thing, where some young talent (Ziggler) could elevate himself tremendously by finally beating The Rock and winning the title.

The Law
April 2nd, 2013, 9:10 PM
There's no logical outcome here other than Cena winning. Rock beat him last year so Cena wins here to set up a rubber match down the line. Cena is your top guy, so he has to go over the part timer. Rock can't carry the title any longer because he has to go make another movie, so he has to drop it. The most logical move from both a creative and business perspective is for Cena to turn heel. I won't go into detail because I've opined about it elsewhere.

What do I expect from the match? I would expect it to be similar to last year with Cena having control for most of the match but not being able to put Rock away. This works for multiple reasons: 1) Rock's conditioning isn't great so he's better off not being in control 2) Cena is going to be booed by the crowd, so he should play the heel role in the match and 3) It feeds the storyline that Cena can't beat Rock. He should get more and more frustrated with his inability to keep Rock down until he just flat snaps and wails on Rock with a chair. Totally logical, perfect storytelling.

Vice
April 2nd, 2013, 9:15 PM
Well, Rock is wrestling at Extreme Rules apparently, which makes things a bit more interesting.

G-Fresh
April 2nd, 2013, 9:17 PM
Cena better fuckin win.

Brian M.
April 2nd, 2013, 10:54 PM
Cena winning is the logical choice as much as everybody will hate it. At this point I think people only hate it because it's predictable. It doesn't make sense to have a part time dude go over your top full time guy two years in a row on your biggest show. Especially after he beat your top heel two PPVs in a row as well.

I can't see any outcome besides a Cena win, but I'm still very interested in the match because they could go a lot of paths with just HOW he wins.

Defrost
April 2nd, 2013, 10:58 PM
Rock won last year meaning Cena has to win this year

Atty
April 2nd, 2013, 11:06 PM
You know what I'd love? For Cena to turn heel and come out the next night all smiles and oblivious to the fact he turned heel. He does his respect thing and riles up the crowd by just being himself, only with it being an obvious phony.

Brian M.
April 3rd, 2013, 12:40 AM
I felt like he was kind of doing that Monday night.

mth
April 3rd, 2013, 12:46 AM
Like most, I'm definitely seeing a Cena win being the most likely and voted for that. Either straight legit clean win and he goes on as normal or maybe, if we're lucky, some dastardly tactics and a possible heel turn.
BUT.
But (and I've proposed this before) my other thought is Rock winning...then celebrating and saluting the crowd on the turnbuckles, etc., and then WHAMMO! Cena with a chair. WHAMMO WHAMMO WHAMMO. Chairshots galore with rage on his face until the chair is broken (and so is Rock). Then he just stands there with this almost confused look on his face (that maybe shifts into a smirk?). Something like that. Then you have your rematch at whatever Backlash is called where he's actually full-on heel, wins the belt (maybe it's a streetfight?), and sends Rock packing back to Hollywood and your new dark overlord Big Johnny C. reigns supreme.

Melly
April 3rd, 2013, 12:50 AM
Rooting for Cena.

Merchant4Ever
April 3rd, 2013, 5:30 PM
Like most, I'm definitely seeing a Cena win being the most likely and voted for that. Either straight legit clean win and he goes on as normal or maybe, if we're lucky, some dastardly tactics and a possible heel turn.
BUT.
But (and I've proposed this before) my other thought is Rock winning...then celebrating and saluting the crowd on the turnbuckles, etc., and then WHAMMO! Cena with a chair. WHAMMO WHAMMO WHAMMO. Chairshots galore with rage on his face until the chair is broken (and so is Rock). Then he just stands there with this almost confused look on his face (that maybe shifts into a smirk?). Something like that. Then you have your rematch at whatever Backlash is called where he's actually full-on heel, wins the belt (maybe it's a streetfight?), and sends Rock packing back to Hollywood and your new dark overlord Big Johnny C. reigns supreme.

Love. Love. Love. I can just see that Cena smirk...the same smirk we've all hated when he is no-selling other peoples promos...

It gives us everything we want: Unpredictable winner, and Cena heel...plus gets the belt off Rock before he goes back to Hollywood.

Ochoa
April 3rd, 2013, 6:37 PM
I love Rock. Have for years. But I'm all about Hustle, Loyalty and Respect too. I am hoping Cena turns, as it would be brilliant. But that would hurt people like Punk. I hope you're right Atty about Rock at Extreme Rules, but I'm not holding my breath.

I could see Cena winning and then Rock/Cena III at SummerSlam.

Zacharie
April 3rd, 2013, 6:49 PM
I really hope Mania doesn't end in a handshake and a hug between these two. Nobody wants to see that shit.

I see Cena winning.

I have a feeling that they will do something heelish with him, but it won't be a full turn. Something like Rock goes to shake Cena's hand after the match, and Cena gives him the AA. The next night, they probably dance around the subject and forget about it. I hope that doesn't happen though.

lotjx
April 3rd, 2013, 7:07 PM
I suspect they are cock teasing us with the heel turn. They know its the only card they have to play in this feud, but still have a giant Cena Make-A-Wish banner on WWE.com. I suspect Cena will do think about doing something heelish, but win clean after Rock gets over confident.

mth
April 3rd, 2013, 7:16 PM
I'm not worried about the handshake/hug "passing of the torch" moment. Rock said verbatim on RAW this wasn't going to be a passing of the torch. Can't see him doing that after saying that.