PDA

View Full Version : April Fools Day RAW!!! 4/1/2013

Deebo865
April 1st, 2013, 7:02 PM
I am not necesarrily part of the IN crowd around here but I do love this place and I guess I will start the Raw thread for this week. I expect alot of hype and not alot of important matches. Maybe we get to see Bryan vs ZIggy or something cool.

P.S I have beagle named Ziggy(before ziggler was popular) he is awesome. That is all

Hero!
April 1st, 2013, 7:07 PM
Excellent initiative, new(ish) guy.

I TOO AM EXCITED FOR RAW IS WAR

G-Fresh
April 1st, 2013, 7:17 PM
Raw should be lax tonight. It would suck for anybody on the WM card to get injured.

Judas Iscariot
April 1st, 2013, 7:27 PM
It's gonna suck.

Kimura Kid
April 1st, 2013, 7:56 PM
Geez, I'm super excited for tonight's Raw!!

Especially since I've found the Rajah Forums. It's nice to hear opinions from guys with more knowledge about current affairs in wrestling than myself.

Kimura Kid
April 1st, 2013, 8:02 PM
HBK On RAW? Business just picked up in the WWE!!!

Big
April 1st, 2013, 8:04 PM
I haven't posted in a Raw thread in awhile. I'm really hoping for a great show tonight because I'm still on the fence of whether I am going to go to Wrestlemania, order Wrestlemania, or just go to a bar and watch it for free. Tonight, I'm looking for them to sell me on this show.

mth
April 1st, 2013, 8:07 PM
I'm expecting RAW to deliver a pretty good final show before the big one. Nutty stuff's gonna go down, it's gonna be intense. YEAH OPTIMISM.

_me
April 1st, 2013, 8:12 PM
man they are killing cena. this crowd is great already.

The Law
April 1st, 2013, 8:13 PM
This is very intriguing. They really seem to be playing up everything that people who hate Cena hate about Cena in that promo. That was incredibly obnoxious and arrogant. They might actually be doing this.

Zacharie
April 1st, 2013, 8:13 PM
Heh, Cena going through the motions and gets shit for it. He's gotta keep them basic promos under 2 minutes.

Tainted Eclipse
April 1st, 2013, 8:14 PM
man that touttwitter segment was just painfully obnoxious

The Guy on the Couch
April 1st, 2013, 8:14 PM
Cena's reaction to the "CM Punk" and "boring" chants was excellent. It almost came across like he was agreeing with the crowd.

BBF
April 1st, 2013, 8:15 PM
John Cena is the best heel in the world.

_me
April 1st, 2013, 8:15 PM
This is very intriguing. They really seem to be playing up everything that people who hate Cena hate about Cena in that promo. That was incredibly obnoxious and arrogant. They might actually be doing this.

i still think they won't pull the trigger but Cena's line about "you might see something you thought you would never see this sunday" was intriguing too.

The Law
April 1st, 2013, 8:19 PM
"This is what happened if Mean Street Posse went to a karaoke bar."

I love JBL.

Funboy
April 1st, 2013, 8:20 PM
He might half turn at Mania - have a chance to cheat and win, not take it and lose; then fully turn at Backlash? Seeds being sown; waters being tested.

TimeSplitter
April 1st, 2013, 8:21 PM
Am I the only one who'd like to see an Orton/Sheamus tag team? I know they are too high up on the card, but they'd help liven the division.

Hotbeef-Injection
April 1st, 2013, 8:21 PM
Gotta say that Cena promo was boring. Crowd were right to dissent.

And 3MB vs Superfriends again?

Tainted Eclipse
April 1st, 2013, 8:22 PM
why are they doing the same 3mb stuff every single week? i really dont want to be that guy but how is it actually possible that wwe's booking team is this bad?

The Guy on the Couch
April 1st, 2013, 8:22 PM
Drew Mac is really shining in the thirty seconds of in ring time he gets every week. hopefully he keeps that up and it gets noticed.

Funboy
April 1st, 2013, 8:28 PM
crowds being a collective dick, too quick to chant boring. jerks.

Rip
April 1st, 2013, 8:34 PM
Piss poor crowd, not a good sign for the rest of the show.

The Guy on the Couch
April 1st, 2013, 8:34 PM
it is hard to not notice swagger's tongue when he talks. It never seems to be in the right place at the right time.

My money says we hear U.S.A. chants towards Del Rio tonight :(

Kimura Kid
April 1st, 2013, 8:36 PM
Ziggler Vs Bryan?

Oh Hell Yea!! 2 of the best active right now IMO

JT4104
April 1st, 2013, 8:41 PM
it really is amazing how over DB is...

The Guy on the Couch
April 1st, 2013, 8:41 PM
Two people in two different matches having their in ring debut at mania... Has that happened before, not including celebrities?

mr sabu
April 1st, 2013, 8:42 PM
jump in there kimura kid show em how it's done

Kimura Kid
April 1st, 2013, 8:49 PM
jump in there kimura kid show em how it's done

Huh? lol

Confused

The Guy on the Couch
April 1st, 2013, 8:51 PM
Is D-Bryan bleeding from the eye!?

lotjx
April 1st, 2013, 8:52 PM
Wow. Alright, Big E!

Kimura Kid
April 1st, 2013, 8:52 PM
That was awesome!! Loved that Big E ripped Kane's Hand away then deaded his ass. pure win IMO

Tainted Eclipse
April 1st, 2013, 8:53 PM
"undertaker eviscerates cm punk" haha what.

i would LOVE big e if he didnt have such a shitty finisher

Kimura Kid
April 1st, 2013, 8:54 PM
I love that finisher, personally

JT4104
So.....Big E might want to switch finishers...I'm pretty sure kane went face first into Big E's crotch. I still say he should just use the dominator.

VHS
Flawless first hour, hopefully the quality doesn't dip like it usually does. That Bryan/Ziggler match was worth recording.

mr sabu
April 1st, 2013, 8:57 PM
anyone else just wanna see aj bend over constantly

VHS
April 1st, 2013, 8:57 PM
HBK looks so stupid :lol:

Kimura Kid
April 1st, 2013, 8:58 PM

This Guy

JT4104
April 1st, 2013, 8:58 PM
judging by the way he is dressed.....clearly HBK has joined the "We The People" movement with Swagger and Colter.

Kimura Kid
April 1st, 2013, 8:59 PM
lmao

What's sad is I follow him on twitter and he dresses like this on the daily.....

lotjx
April 1st, 2013, 9:10 PM
I can't believe they had a year with Brock and he is going to be 1-2 and they only did 3 matches with him.

JT4104
April 1st, 2013, 9:11 PM
I can't believe they had a year with Brock and he is going to be 1-2 and they only did 3 matches with him.
Especially in no holds barred matches where 2 moves will likely take Brock out.

G-Fresh
April 1st, 2013, 9:12 PM
Paul E. schools shit again.

Funboy
April 1st, 2013, 9:15 PM
Heyman is quality. Just so so good.

If Brock came in and killed everyone, you'd be complaining that a part-timer shouldn't be doing that.
He still comes off as a beast.
Would prefer if part of their match stipulation meant Heyman could take over Raw/Smackdown as GM; but hey ho.
Fully expect HHH to win, but will be happily surprised if its otherwise!

mr sabu
April 1st, 2013, 9:21 PM
the fucking ic match is pre-show

fuck that

Funboy
April 1st, 2013, 9:23 PM
IC is preshow? Hmmmmms, half expected US to have that role. Damn, Cesaro deserved a place on the card. This is why not having the MITB is a shame. If they want that to be its own PPV, what about a Scramble match? There's a few peeps that could get on card then, and gets another title on there too. Ah well...

Hero!
April 1st, 2013, 9:26 PM
Caca in the pants LOLLLL

lotjx
April 1st, 2013, 9:28 PM
I think my tickets say doors open at 6:30pm, what is this 6 pm bullshit?!

JT4104
April 1st, 2013, 9:35 PM
I really hope Ryberg and Henry spend a lot of time practicing Ryberg's finisher because I would hate to see him botch at in NYC at Mania.

Ringo
April 1st, 2013, 9:53 PM
:(

I wanted to see Del Rio vs. Mantel!

The Guy on the Couch
April 1st, 2013, 9:56 PM
This forum says a lot about 3 hour raws. It always starts out strong fades to nothing in the middle then perks up at the end.

I wish Rocky would actually wear the belt sometime. It took me a bit but I now like the new belt. I wanna see what it looks like worn though.

Kimura Kid
April 1st, 2013, 10:00 PM
I just started feeling like I was talking too much, so I slowed down. I didn't want to be talking to myself. lol

Vandal
April 1st, 2013, 10:16 PM
:drool:

Ryse
April 1st, 2013, 10:27 PM
You're making Antonio Cesaro yodel.............no......No....NO. Fuck you WWE.

Tainted Eclipse
April 1st, 2013, 10:28 PM
holy shit that gutwrench suplex spot was awesome. cesaro is the best.

Kimura Kid
April 1st, 2013, 10:31 PM
I'm turning....Fandango depth is impressive.

Never would imagine such viciousness from a Dancer

Credit to him for making it so believable

Ryse
April 1st, 2013, 10:32 PM
That top rope leg drop sure shuts up those "You Can't Wrestle" chants real fast don't it? :wiggle:

lotjx
April 1st, 2013, 10:33 PM
I think Fandango's leg drop looks like shit. Why he is getting this spot instead of Barrett or Claudio? It makes no sense to me how we have two guys who have not stepped into the ring to be on the biggest show of the year when you have a shit of ton of guys who are over and have belts will be regulated to pre-show duties.

Ryse
April 1st, 2013, 10:49 PM
Well Cameron has improved a bit. She's still got a long way to go mind you, but I do see some improvement, which is good.

mr sabu
April 1st, 2013, 10:52 PM
maybe she saw more matches other then Milena vs Alica fox

maybe she saw Trish vs lita.

i hope big E suprises everyone and becomes mvp of the night at mania

One Man Gang
April 1st, 2013, 10:53 PM
Didn't sound like they bumped the 8 man mixed tag to the pre show. Sounded like it was still on the main card.

Dream-Evil
April 1st, 2013, 11:02 PM
What an awful crowd. hahaha.

Zacharie
April 1st, 2013, 11:03 PM
Punk/Taker, that's all.

Beer-Belly
April 1st, 2013, 11:04 PM
Really testing the boundaries of taste here.

Ryse
April 1st, 2013, 11:06 PM
Loved the fan telling Punk to do a LeBron James with the ashes. :lol:

Mortalis
April 1st, 2013, 11:08 PM
Really testing the boundaries of taste here.

Taste means nothing when the people closest to Paul Bearer are fine with it. Which they obviously are.

Atty
April 1st, 2013, 11:10 PM
So is Taker/Punk main eventing? They sure hyped it like it is.

The Law
April 1st, 2013, 11:12 PM
I'd be shocked if anything other than Rock/Cena went on last. I think they had that segment close the show because it was so over the top that they didn't think anything could follow it. And I pretty much agree. Especially since Rock and Cena's segments were fairly pedestrian.

Beer-Belly
April 1st, 2013, 11:14 PM
I know. I'm not offended by it, but I can see how someone would be.

Those wouldn't even be Bearer's ashes. Didn't the urn actually contain the ashes of Taker's parents?

Atty
April 1st, 2013, 11:21 PM
It actually contained sand.

Defrost
April 1st, 2013, 11:24 PM
classy

StoneColdWWE316
April 1st, 2013, 11:30 PM
Solid Go-Home Show tonight. Good Promos from everyone and a couple good Matches with Jericho/Cesaro & Bryan/Ziggler.

Big
April 1st, 2013, 11:34 PM
Yeah I didn't dig the ending, just as a fan of Bearer.
I doubt I'm ordering Mania, not because of the ending of Raw, just not feeling the card this year.

Brian M.
April 1st, 2013, 11:43 PM
I think Fandango's leg drop looks like shit. Why he is getting this spot instead of Barrett or Claudio? It makes no sense to me how we have two guys who have not stepped into the ring to be on the biggest show of the year when you have a shit of ton of guys who are over and have belts will be regulated to pre-show duties.

Cesaro and Barrett really aren't all that over. Whether that's their fault or the booking team's is another argument entirely, but I actually think it's exciting that two people will be debuting on the show. Fandango has looked good and I've heard great things about Big E. Barrett VS Miz was going to be a crowd killer anywhere else but opening up the show, and it'd be hard to find a guy for Cesaro to face that would terribly excite anyone. Kofi VS Cesaro or something doesn't really fit on a Mania card.

Atty
April 2nd, 2013, 12:27 AM
Barrett/Jericho would have been a nice fit with Jericho bringing Wade in through NXT.

Beer-Belly
April 2nd, 2013, 3:41 AM
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/photo_large/public/photo/image/2013/04/RAW_1036_Photo_173.jpg
Brutal.

Andy
April 2nd, 2013, 5:37 AM
Genuine lol for the last segment. Punk is going to be a huge loss even if he's only away for a few weeks.

chatty
April 2nd, 2013, 5:57 AM
I think the rest will do Punk the world of good. he's been pretty much the workhorse of the company for a while now with the added bonus of being champ for 400+ days whilst probably working the biggest schedule in the company. If they turn Cena they can bring Punk back as the number one face and if not they can put him into a program with ADR/Sheamus/Ryback.

JP
April 2nd, 2013, 7:24 AM
Thoughts as I watch.

I am really not a fan of these pre-show recaps. Seriously, why can John Cena not take a Rock Bottom without it looking terrible?

Wow. It seems like we weren't the only people to pick up on the heel vibes last week. And a mention from King. If this is only a tease it's a waste, but damn do I like it. :lol: Divided about 95/5, John. Why are we getting the usual misjudged Cena promo? Ugh. Alright, this is better and makes the start of it make sense, I should have more faith. OUCH! This is the risk you run when going for the nuanced, some of the audience might not get it. Unhinged, rambling, loved it. TURN YOU BASTARD, TURN!

How to use Tout. Go away.

Big Show looks so much healthier nowadays. Ahahahahahahahaha!!! I love JBL. You gotta love the experience and confidence of this team to know that letting 3MB having some offence does nobody any harm. Watch this Ryback, watch this and feel shame. Bit of a meh promo there.

Dutch Mantel has never had a match in the WWE before? I'm glad that's going to be addressed. LOVE Swagger's new shirt. Seriously, that imagery is brilliant. Very tempted to grab one of those. It is undeniable now, Swagger has had elocution lessons in his time away. Only thing about this angle I dislike is just how cartoonish the ADR 'love America' responses have been.

YAY! Enough already though, cut the damn beard already, I miss your face. Disappointed with AJ there, some improv based on the crowd's chant wouldn't have gone amiss. Tarantula! :D Good match, bit tired of the combination, but always nice action. Alright, better than nice, bloody awesome. Looks like Hell No are retaining then. Is Big E related to Marco Rubio?

:lol: Eviscerate? Really Cole, of course. Very PG that, a good old fashioned eviscerating.

Why has Ted Nugent come out to HBK's music? Look, not for me to complain about having HBK back on my screen, but can we not have the exact same build between these two for a HHH WM match every single bloody year? I tell you what, in terms of building for Mania, this has been a bit disappointing so far tonight. God, this is his worst promo that I can remember. In the corner though, like that. Come on Heyman, work your magic. Never go away again Heyman, please. Too long, losing momentum, flat finish. Nothing is really working tonight. :\

Oh thank heaven for these recaps, cause I can't remember what happened an hour ago.

From the main event to the pre show in two years. And nobody can say he doesn't deserve it. And taking it all with the company smile. If Miz beats Barrett at WM (preshow) I'll be livid. Oh Great, here's the other person who's fallen like a stone and only has himself to blame. Music, look, character, everything about Ryder is tired and dated. Ho hum.

Ahahahaha, Santino is so funny, hahahahahahahahahahaha! Fucking shoot me. :lol: Brickie however, are actually funny.

At least it's somebody being squashed who should be squashed. Again, lackluster promo. Ryback hasn't got the kind of charisma to make that work without coming across as a nob. Also, "I didn't touch you, stupid!" he genuinely comes across as mildly retarded.

Okay, too far. Actually now referencing disrespecting the memory of a recently dead man, line crossed. When did CM Punk become so reliant on cheap heat? He's apparently taking some time off after WM. Good. He needs time to recharge himself, he's running on empty.

Amusing hearing The King trying to play this off as Colterl's first ever match when they must have faced each other hundreds upon hundreds of times. God Colter's facial expressions are good, could teach a thing or two to a lot of people (yes Cena, I'm looking at you). If they're metal crutches then we must have discovered a new metal with the same consistency of Jelly.

I really wish they wouldn't tell you what's coming up with every segment, we hardly get that excitement, surprise pop anymore because of it. Still dislike that belt, too simplistic. Would be better if it did something, like spin. :shifty: Yeah, I'm pretty much at my tether with the generic Rock promos. I've had a go at others for being tired, Rock's right up there too. If he comes back again next year he should really consider going heel. That was by the numbers shit.

Cesaro and Jericho, happy days. I am beginning to think they chose Jericho for this only to rib him for his Strictly stint. Works for me. Jericho is, without question, the wrestler of the year so far. I really hope he doesn't go away again soon as he deserves to receive some credit for this incredible run. He does that top-rope leg drop as well as anybody I've seen. Genuinely looking forward to this at WM more than most the other matches. After tonight, there's a bloody argument it's had the best build.

What? Trish must be fuming at that.

Dancing Fatties, ugh, meh, bleh. Oh God, it's a Divas tag match, even better. SLOW IT DOWN, AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Right, this has, by far, been the worst pre-WM raw ever. I'm hoping beyond hope that Punk and Taker can salvage something from this car crash.

Generic opening start there. Oooooooh, the druids. King with some well delivered and useful dialogue, will wonders never cease? All three of them actually, good job. Oh my God. I said line crossed earlier, I don't even know how to describe this. Is nothing sacred? Got to the point where Punk started to pour the ashes, turned off.

I have never, ever turned off a show before because I felt what they were doing was too far beyond the pale. I genuinely don't know if I'll order WM now.

Add that to what was an awful show anyway.

JP
April 2nd, 2013, 7:32 AM
Just recapped, by far the best thing on the show was a Cena promo.

That is how awful that show was.

Hero!
April 2nd, 2013, 7:43 AM
Punk wins raw

Beer-Belly
April 2nd, 2013, 7:55 AM
Paul Bearer is a fictional character. If Punk mentioned William Moody at all, then it would be crossing a line. The storyline is a little edgy, but not enough to get butt hurt over.

Another Streak match based around pride and legacy would've been lame. I'm glad they went in a different direction this year.

JP
April 2nd, 2013, 7:58 AM
I know. I'm not offended by it, but I can see how someone would be.

Paul Bearer is a fictional character. If Punk mentioned William Moody at all, then it would be crossing a line. The storyline is a little edgy, but not enough to get butt hurt over.

Make your bloody mind up mate.

BBF
April 2nd, 2013, 8:00 AM
Good but not great Raw.

Love Cena, what a man. Love Punk, COME ON HOCUS POCUS :lol:

Definitely not ordering WM though :yes:

Beer-Belly
April 2nd, 2013, 8:18 AM
Make your bloody mind up mate.
I wasn't imagining someone being so upset that they turned off the show.

JP
April 2nd, 2013, 8:22 AM
I wasn't imagining someone being so upset that they turned off the show.

What else would I do if I was offended by what I was watching?

I will readily admit I've perpetually OUTRAGED as of late. I think turning 30 has re-awoken my grumpyarse mode.

Psycho666Soldier
April 2nd, 2013, 8:24 AM
I was pretty meh on the Punk/Taker segment. Pouring the ashes was "offensive", I guess, but it just lacked the luster of a truly personal feud. It just feels like a bad WWE feud from that one segment alone.

Still looking forward to the match, but other than the fact that it was SUPPOSED to be offensive, it just fell flat and felt forced.

RAW was ok. Pretty lackluster, honestly. Jericho/Cesaro and Bryan/Ziggler were awesome. Most notable bits.

Hotbeef-Injection
April 2nd, 2013, 9:40 AM
I'm wondering what WWE has planned for after Mania. There should be a heel turn for Orton so I don't think Cena turns. If anything I can see Rock-Cena at Extreme Rules in a cage match or something. I see ADR retaining and Swagger being moved out of tbe main event for a short time, but not entirely punished as he's been good since his return.

I dunno, unless WWE does something pretty shocking at Mania I can see it being 'as you were' for the next few months.

Jacknife
April 2nd, 2013, 9:47 AM
RAW is just so boring as a three hour show. I sit there looking at my watch going "Geez it's only 9?" When it was 2 hours the shows flew by because they crammed more excitement in. There were no tout videos, explanations of how to download an app, and far less recap videos of things that happened two minutes ago. The filler stuff has got to go. I turn the show off around 10:30 because I just can't take it anymore. Someone call me when it goes back to two hours cause I've had it with this shit. Only exciting thing last night I saw was Fandango. I'm going to Wrestlemania then after that I'm done.

Jacknife
April 2nd, 2013, 10:20 AM
Haha April Fool's!

Peter Griffin
April 2nd, 2013, 10:23 AM
Im sorry to all those that were offended by Punk last night (even though they have consulted Bearers kids throughout) but that was fucking great :D

Kimura Kid
April 2nd, 2013, 10:29 AM
Agreed...Was pretty epic!!

G-Fresh
April 2nd, 2013, 10:35 AM
Fuck that. I'll be happy when Punk fuckin retires.

JP
April 2nd, 2013, 10:36 AM
His kids being cool with it doesn't mean anybody else has to be.

Me not being cool with it doesn't mean anybody else has to be.

Peter Griffin
April 2nd, 2013, 10:39 AM
Fuck that. I'll be happy when Punk fuckin retires.

I'll be happy when you fucking retire.

Jacknife
April 2nd, 2013, 10:45 AM
Can't wait to retire.

The_Mike
April 2nd, 2013, 12:28 PM
Classy as ever, WWE. And to think, I was just considering watching again. Oh well.

Kimura Kid
April 2nd, 2013, 1:00 PM
Emo as fuck son,

You guys get all butt hurt when you watch movies too?

Dafuq is with the bitchassness in this thread?

The Law
April 2nd, 2013, 1:08 PM
I have to agree on the point that these three hour shows are terrible. They just can't produce enough quality content to fill 120+ minutes of programming (with commercials). And this is with them having Rock, Undertaker, Triple H, and Lesnar on the show. Once those guys are all gone (along with Punk apparently taking time off) these shows are going to be unbearable. I think they really need to A) Expand the roster so we get to see some different guys each week and B) Get more divisions going. They need to get the juice back into the tag division and women's divisions. They could also stand to add something new-bringing back the cruiserweights is a pet idea of mine that I think would make sense. Two fun cruiserweight matches on Raw each week would go a long way towards making the show watchable again.

I thought this was a pretty good show overall. It served its purpose. The only match that didn't get much build done was Barrett/Miz, and that's going on the pre-show anyway. I absolutely loved Punk's segment at the end. This is old-school southern heel work. Unfortunately, no matter what Punk does he's still going to have a segment of the population cheering for him each week. For me, I think the way you respond to good heel work is the boo the guy behind it, even if you actually like him. The one thing I really wanted to see Punk do was smash the urn and have it shatter, but that would deny us a happy ending at Wrestlemania when Taker beats him and gets the urn back. Regardless, great segment to close the show.

turdpower
April 2nd, 2013, 1:09 PM
You do have to wonder what they would have done without Bearer dying.

The Law
April 2nd, 2013, 1:17 PM
The direction they seemed to be going was that Punk was developing a messianic streak and proclaiming it to be his destiny to defeat Undertaker. That was what he was hinting at when he called himself a "Wrestling God" on the show where he lost to Cena. It definitely would not have been as good or hot a feud as it was because of Bearer's death.

I have to say, it's a breath of fresh air for Taker to be fighting a heel with a personal feud for the match. The last four years have been babyface respect feuds and while they were great, this is a nice change-up. Taker hasn't had a truly personal Wrestlemania feud since he was the heel against Flair at 18. Since then it's been all guys challenging him to beat the Streak. This is a nice combination of both. Good work by the creative team and Punk to get so much heat on this feud. They really pushed the envelop a lot further than I expected them too. Although I would have loved it if Punk came out in the Paul Bearer suit and cut a promo as him.

chatty
April 2nd, 2013, 1:36 PM
I have to agree on the point that these three hour shows are terrible. They just can't produce enough quality content to fill 120+ minutes of programming (with commercials). And this is with them having Rock, Undertaker, Triple H, and Lesnar on the show. Once those guys are all gone (along with Punk apparently taking time off) these shows are going to be unbearable. I think they really need to A) Expand the roster so we get to see some different guys each week and B) Get more divisions going. They need to get the juice back into the tag division and women's divisions. They could also stand to add something new-bringing back the cruiserweights is a pet idea of mine that I think would make sense. Two fun cruiserweight matches on Raw each week would go a long way towards making the show watchable again.

I thought this was a pretty good show overall. It served its purpose. The only match that didn't get much build done was Barrett/Miz, and that's going on the pre-show anyway. I absolutely loved Punk's segment at the end. This is old-school southern heel work. Unfortunately, no matter what Punk does he's still going to have a segment of the population cheering for him each week. For me, I think the way you respond to good heel work is the boo the guy behind it, even if you actually like him. The one thing I really wanted to see Punk do was smash the urn and have it shatter, but that would deny us a happy ending at Wrestlemania when Taker beats him and gets the urn back. Regardless, great segment to close the show.

Thing is, when the part timers weren't there I thought the shows were so much better. I think guys not being able to work full schedules really hurts the show, you end up getting guys working pointless matches or cutting promos to no one simply because they have no alternative. I mean, yeah we had everyone the last two weeks and it hasn't changed the overall show quality but in general they just aren't around enough, don't work matches etc and that screws up the show.

If they had full on active wrestlers they would and did fill the gaps better, they can cut promos whilst their opponent is always there, have matches every week whereby the feuding other can get involved, work it as a multi-man match etc.

I think it was from about HIAC to RR that I was really enjoying Raw, then all the part timers came back and it sort of didn't have the same feel to it.

They have a huge roster and most of its quality but no one care to see matches between say Sandow and bryan because they are booked like shit at this time of year so it just feels meaningless. The fact that they have had no direction on the mid-card hasn't helped matters either, having guys bounce about all over only to move onto something else without reason.

Cewsh
April 2nd, 2013, 1:40 PM
Emo as fuck son,

You guys get all butt hurt when you watch movies too?

Dafuq is with the bitchassness in this thread?

The speed with which you have morphed into DVDA here is astonishing.

Kimura Kid
April 2nd, 2013, 2:15 PM
Not sure what you mean with that comment Cewsh, Considering I'm new here and have no idea how DVDA is precieved within the community. But a bunch of grown men saying things like "They went to far" & "I won't be watching this anymore" is quite funny and almost pathetic. for obvious reasons....lol

Cewsh
April 2nd, 2013, 2:20 PM
Not sure what you mean with that comment Cewsh, Considering I'm new here and have no idea how DVDA is precieved within the community. But a bunch of grown men saying things like "They went to far" & "I won't be watching this anymore" is quite funny and almost pathetic. for obvious reasons....lol

It just meant that I think I've seen DVDA say those exact three sentences that you did.

Some people are more easily offended by things than others. There's nothing wrong with that, and I don't think calling them "pathetic" is likely to go over well.

Kimura Kid
April 2nd, 2013, 2:25 PM
Never called anyone Pathetic. I said their actions were "Almost Pathetic"

Do me a favor buddy, Try not to insinuate shit on my behalf. It isn't helping anyone.

Cewsh
April 2nd, 2013, 2:27 PM

Do me a favor buddy, Try not to insinuate shit on my behalf. It isn't helping anyone.

You're right. I didn't mean to insinuate anything you didn't say. My apologies.

Kimura Kid
April 2nd, 2013, 2:35 PM
Ya Know I really was impressed with you when I 1st Came here Cewsh (Not that my opinion amounts to anything). You possess a wealth of Wrestling knowledge and you seemed helpfull and open minded. But somewhere along the way I feel you've made it your mission to critique and nit pick almost everything I post. Not sure If I carry myself in such a manner that I've put a target on my back, Maybe because I'm new, Maybe it's because I've felt at home here (You were part of the reason I originally felt comfortable here) and maybe I shouldn't have.

Either way I'm starting to feel uncomfortable posting here, Might go back in to lurk mode.

BBF
April 2nd, 2013, 2:38 PM
BOOM BOOM POW

Cewsh
April 2nd, 2013, 2:48 PM
Ya Know I really was impressed with you when I 1st Came here Cewsh (Not that my opinion amounts to anything). You possess a wealth of Wrestling knowledge and you seemed helpfull and open minded. But somewhere along the way I feel you've made it your mission to critique and nit pick almost everything I post. Not sure If I carry myself in such a manner that I've put a target on my back, Maybe because I'm new, Maybe it's because I've felt at home here (You were part of the reason I originally felt comfortable here) and maybe I shouldn't have.

Either way I'm starting to feel uncomfortable posting here, Might go back in to lurk mode.

Dude, I really am sorry if I've made it unpleasant for you to post here. It wasn't my intention to make you feel unwelcome. You posted a story that I thought was kind of nuts and and then this here, and that's all I can think of that I've even had any issue with at all. You're a great addition to the site, and I just like a good debate. But if I'm being a dick to you and running you off, then ignore me, because this is a great place to hang out, and I can be an asshole.

Seriously, I'm not trying to pick your posts apart. Even if I disagree with what you say or whatever, I still think you're a rad new member.

Jacknife
April 2nd, 2013, 2:51 PM
How is thinking something's gone too far almost pathetic? Just because it's a different opinion than yours?

G-Fresh
April 2nd, 2013, 2:53 PM
I'll be happy when you fucking retire.

I already have retired. Now I just smoke weed & trip.

MMH
April 2nd, 2013, 2:54 PM

Well im going to take your place and say its pretty pathetic.

They aint really Paul Bearers ashes for gods sake. It fits the storyline as Punk is such a prick that he will stoop to any level to beat Undertaker. Its maybe not ideal but you can see the logic behind it.

As for Raw itself, I thought it did a job. Nothing brilliant on there (though I thought the womens tag match was bizarrely good.) but everything built up to Mania and not one segment was filler or wasted. As a go home show it was more than fit for purpose.

Jacknife
April 2nd, 2013, 2:57 PM
MMH, what do you think they would have done with the storyline if Paul Bearer hadn't died?

Kimura Kid
April 2nd, 2013, 3:01 PM
How is thinking something's gone too far almost pathetic? Just because it's a different opinion than yours?

They aint really Paul Bearers ashes for gods sake. It fits the storyline as Punk is such a prick that he will stoop to any level to beat Undertaker. Its maybe not ideal but you can see the logic behind it.

I figured being a wrestling forum most would understand this angle.

Kimura Kid
April 2nd, 2013, 3:02 PM
Dude, I really am sorry if I've made it unpleasant for you to post here. It wasn't my intention to make you feel unwelcome. You posted a story that I thought was kind of nuts and and then this here, and that's all I can think of that I've even had any issue with at all. You're a great addition to the site, and I just like a good debate. But if I'm being a dick to you and running you off, then ignore me, because this is a great place to hang out, and I can be an asshole.

Seriously, I'm not trying to pick your posts apart. Even if I disagree with what you say or whatever, I still think you're a rad new member.

I appreciate the response, Maybe I'm over reacting or getting being too sensitive. But I legit felt like you've had it out for me.

Vice
April 2nd, 2013, 3:03 PM
Cool down, hothead. No one is out to get you.

Aside from maybe the Boogeyman. :p

BBF
April 2nd, 2013, 3:03 PM
Its a bit tasteless and people have different boundaries of taste.

To say you'll never watch again is an overreaction. To overreact to this overreaction is just as silly.

I would never have expected this from wrestling fans.

Cewsh
April 2nd, 2013, 3:04 PM
I appreciate the response, Maybe I'm over reacting or getting being too sensitive. But I legit felt like you've had it out for me.

Not at all, amigo. :beer:

Sinner
April 2nd, 2013, 3:04 PM
blah blah blah. are we fans of gilmore girls or wrestling?

OH MY GOD PUNK POURED DUST ON THE UNDERTAKER. THE HORROR.

you're all a bunch of pussy fucks that caused wrestling to go this way. fact.

fuck you

and your words that i had to read...and now i realize that its your fault.

Cewsh
April 2nd, 2013, 3:05 PM
:lol:

What?

Cewsh
April 2nd, 2013, 3:06 PM
I'll be honest, I like Gilmore Girls and wrestling. I'm so conflicted.

Vice
April 2nd, 2013, 3:07 PM
You like Gilmore Girls? What the fuck.

Now I'm totally grabbing your wife's boob sometime over the weekend.

BBF
April 2nd, 2013, 3:08 PM
Left or right?

VHS
April 2nd, 2013, 3:09 PM
Punk could have poured gummy bears and sprinkles onto Undertaker last night and people would still be up in arms about it. Wadaya gonna do?

Vice
April 2nd, 2013, 3:10 PM
Left or right?

Center.

Kimura Kid
April 2nd, 2013, 3:11 PM
Cool down, hothead. No one is out to get you.

Aside from maybe the Boogeyman. :p

Made me lol, +rep

blah blah blah. are we fans of gilmore girls or wrestling?

OH MY GOD PUNK POURED DUST ON THE UNDERTAKER. THE HORROR.

you're all a bunch of pussy fucks that caused wrestling to go this way. fact.

fuck you

and your words that i had to read...and now i realize that its your fault.

Too Funny...lmao!!

Punk could have poured gummy bears and sprinkles onto Undertaker last night and people would still be up in arms about it. Wadaya gonna do?

You guys are killing me!! hahaha!!

BBF
April 2nd, 2013, 3:12 PM
Center.

Interesting. Have you heard from Chot recently btw?

BBF
April 2nd, 2013, 3:12 PM
By that I mean has he been in the bushes outside your house within the past few months?

Vice
April 2nd, 2013, 3:14 PM
He actually texted me yesterday because I got him with my April fools joke. Just like I got him the year before as well.

He's really quite gullible.

JP
April 2nd, 2013, 3:17 PM
People are getting proper heated up when someone disagrees with them as of late, must be something in the water.

Disagreeing is good for the soul, like Chicken Soup without the Sweetcorn.

BBF
April 2nd, 2013, 3:17 PM
Good he is alive then. I have some stuff I need to send to him.

Cewsh
April 2nd, 2013, 3:18 PM
By the way, just saw this, and thought it might add some flavor to this "offensive or not" storyline.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1531295/284647_351151344990027_529671550_n.jpg

That's Paul Bearer's son, for the record.

Cewsh
April 2nd, 2013, 3:19 PM

Gilmore Girls was fucking great. I'll defend that shit to the death. TO THE DEATH.

turdpower
April 2nd, 2013, 3:20 PM
Bit odd of WWE to kill Paul Bearer as a work and then have him turn against Taker.

Why would he align with Punk?

MMH
April 2nd, 2013, 3:26 PM
I'll be honest, I like Gilmore Girls and wrestling. I'm so conflicted.

Its in my top 5 fave TV shows I must admit. Hey that show mocked death too.

JP
April 2nd, 2013, 3:27 PM
I really hope they fully explained what they were going to do. Cause if not, Jesus, that would be such a massive dick move.

Kimura Kid
April 2nd, 2013, 3:28 PM
By the way, just saw this, and thought it might add some flavor to this "offensive or not" storyline. That's Paul Bearer's son, for the record.

That's unfortunate, Gotta be hard to anticipate something and then be disapointed in the outcome, Especially regarding your fathers death. The wonderful world of wrestling.

At the end of the day I'm sure his children are going through with it because that's what their dad would of wanted. Regardless of how they feel about it.

JP
April 2nd, 2013, 3:30 PM
"The way it was presented to us was ok."

That just really doesn't sound good.

turdpower
April 2nd, 2013, 3:33 PM
For me, if your Dad is that involved in any business, it's surely a topic of conversation. "What do you want us to do if...?"

Even if its 2am and about 12 drinks down.

MMH
April 2nd, 2013, 3:34 PM
MMH, what do you think they would have done with the storyline if Paul Bearer hadn't died?

Probably similar to what The Law suggested earlier in the thread.

That said I could very much see the storyline following a similar route with the urn and just not linking it to Paul Bearer.

Maybe pathetic is a little harsh but I do find it kind of weird to get offended by it. I can understand how it wouldnt be to peoples tastes but Takers whole gimmick is based around death and Punks gimmick is that of a self serving prick who will do anything he can to advance his own career and he doesnt give a fuck who he has to go through to get there.

As grim as it sounds if someone like Ricardo Rodriguez died instead and Swagger kept going on about it in their feud then that would be wrong. But this fits the two characters.

Also lets not forget Taker and Bearer have been good friends for way over twenty years. If anyone should be offended by it it should be him and he surely has the option to veto anything that he thinks Bearer wouldnt be OK with etc.

mth
April 2nd, 2013, 3:52 PM
Bret Hart tweet:

The spilled Paul Bearer ashes might seem in poor taste but Paul would’ve absolutely loved it. Raw was excellent overall.

Hero!
April 2nd, 2013, 4:09 PM
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/photo_large/public/photo/image/2013/04/RAW_1036_Photo_173.jpg
Brutal.

Fuck, that's one of the greatest things i've ever seen. This angle is awesome. Can't wait to see Punk break the streak.

20-1, baby.

Peter Griffin
April 2nd, 2013, 4:11 PM
"The way it was presented to us was ok."

That just really doesn't sound good.

Why doesn't it sound good? alls it is saying is seeing it on screen wasn't how they imagined it when the WWE layed it out to them, doesn't mean to say they changed anything, just that the visual is always more impactful than the description i guess. And to people getting their panties in a twist about it saying "WWE are dicks, I'm not watching them anymore after this" come on really?

JP
April 2nd, 2013, 4:18 PM
Why doesn't it sound good? alls it is saying is seeing it on screen wasn't how they imagined it when the WWE layed it out to them, doesn't mean to say they changed anything, just that the visual is always more impactful than the description i guess. And to people getting their panties in a twist about it saying "WWE are dicks, I'm not watching them anymore after this" come on really?

It implies to me that they presented it in a way which wasn't representative of the reality of what happened. I may be being pessimistic about it, but it would hardly be the first time they 'massaged' the truth to get what they wanted.

Who's said they're not watching anymore? Mike hasn't been watching and just said he'd continue not to watch for a while after this and I said I won't be ordering WM, not turning off full stop.

chatty
April 2nd, 2013, 4:23 PM
How do you guys not know his next next status might not be:

The way it was presented to us was OK. Seeing it on screen was a different story. I don't even know what to say.

Other than it was bloody awesome.

Cewsh
April 2nd, 2013, 4:25 PM
Because it's on his Facebook, and that line isn't there.

chatty
April 2nd, 2013, 4:26 PM
Joking aside though, they are fine with them stealing it, throwing it about the ring, mocking Bearer and using the urn as a weapon but pour some sand out of it and everybody is riled to bits. It's not really his ashes or anything, in fact the whole point that Bearer used to carry it shows you the urn isn't nothing to do with him. It's Takers dead parents that its offending. Oh they are made up.

turdpower
April 2nd, 2013, 4:29 PM
Oh, it wasn't his ashes?

What a load of bullshit.

The Rogerer
April 2nd, 2013, 4:53 PM
Good Cena promo

Bollocks matches, interference, set ups, set ups, talking, talking, talking, talking, padding three hours and achieving nothing

Peter Griffin
April 2nd, 2013, 4:55 PM
Yeh one of Cena's best promo's and the crowd start chanting boring :wtf: really Washington?

chatty
April 2nd, 2013, 5:01 PM
If they are turning him I wouldnt be surprised if they had plants egging the chant on to help emphasize his reasoning after. That one before the Rumble deserved it, this one was rather good.

turdpower
April 2nd, 2013, 5:05 PM
Good Cena promo

Bollocks matches, interference, set ups, set ups, talking, talking, talking, talking, padding three hours and achieving nothing

We really need to go for a beer sometime.

VHS
April 2nd, 2013, 5:06 PM
All this speculation about Cena finally turning heel feels unhealthy. The more we think about it, the more disappointed we'll feel when it doesn't happen.

Excel
April 2nd, 2013, 5:13 PM
I agree. We all know he is always gonna be a stale bland baby face. Yes. Lets go with that.

The Law
April 2nd, 2013, 5:27 PM
It's definitely unfortunate if the family was offended. I hope WWE didn't mislead them about what was going to occur. That said, Bret's Tweet about how Bearer would have loved the angle is pretty indicative of how he would probably feel about it. Bearer broke in back in the days when heels were evil and dastardly and the crowds really wanted to kill them. This angle feels like something you would have seen in Jerry Lawler's Memphis territory in the 1970s. Paul Beared loved wrestling, lived his life in wrestling, and I have trouble seeing him being offended by his death being used in a wrestling storyline. I think he would have really loved watching Punk act in such a ridiculous and offensive way. He would have liked that the storyline is drawing a lot of attention and will probably get some people to buy Wrestlemania who otherwise wouldn't have.

I always said the only thing Eddie would have objected to in the Eddiesploitation storyline was that it was so poorly done. Eddie would have wanted his death used in a way that actually got people to cheer for Rey, not get him booed for the only time in his career. The Vicki/Edge storyline, on the other hand? Eddie would have loved that shit. It was right up his alley.

And, for what it's worth, if I were to die and CM Punk were to exploit my death in an absurd and callous way to get heat I would be completely honored.

turdpower
April 2nd, 2013, 5:29 PM
Law, I can tell you now that it won't ever happen. So rest in peace, mate.

lotjx
April 2nd, 2013, 7:18 PM
It's definitely unfortunate if the family was offended. I hope WWE didn't mislead them about what was going to occur. That said, Bret's Tweet about how Bearer would have loved the angle is pretty indicative of how he would probably feel about it. Bearer broke in back in the days when heels were evil and dastardly and the crowds really wanted to kill them. This angle feels like something you would have seen in Jerry Lawler's Memphis territory in the 1970s. Paul Beared loved wrestling, lived his life in wrestling, and I have trouble seeing him being offended by his death being used in a wrestling storyline. I think he would have really loved watching Punk act in such a ridiculous and offensive way. He would have liked that the storyline is drawing a lot of attention and will probably get some people to buy Wrestlemania who otherwise wouldn't have.

I always said the only thing Eddie would have objected to in the Eddiesploitation storyline was that it was so poorly done. Eddie would have wanted his death used in a way that actually got people to cheer for Rey, not get him booed for the only time in his career. The Vicki/Edge storyline, on the other hand? Eddie would have loved that shit. It was right up his alley.

And, for what it's worth, if I were to die and CM Punk were to exploit my death in an absurd and callous way to get heat I would be completely honored.

I really hate the argument that so and so would have gladly used his death to get so and so over. We don't know due the fact they are fucking dead. I respect Bret, but he is not family. If the family is upset than they have totally fucked this up. I truly believe Vickie has been ok for being used was Eddie was notoriously terrible with money and she has two kids to raise with no income.

Beer-Belly
April 2nd, 2013, 7:55 PM
I'd like to know what WWE actually told his sons they were going to do. Some context would help.

The urn's had ashes in it sense the early nineties, by the way.

G-Fresh
April 2nd, 2013, 9:10 PM
Don't forget about the flashlight.

Beer-Belly
April 2nd, 2013, 9:15 PM
I got the impression that Vince was doing a ton of blow during the period of glowing urns and Undertaker ascending through a tron.

One Man Gang
April 2nd, 2013, 11:07 PM
- WWE issued Prowrestling.net the following text message that was sent to the company received by Michael Moody, son of the late Bill Moody (a/k/a Paul Bearer), regarding Monday's Raw television show.

"Hey. I woke up in time to watch the tail end of the show. What you explained would happen happened. Which is fine. Just it was a little difficult to watch it play out. I put a message on Facebook last night saying that we approved it but it wasn't what I envisioned. That I didn't have anything to say. Well woke up this morning and that quote is being used all over 'media outlets.' For the record. I was fine w(ith) it. Was hard to watch but y'all are professionals and I trust."

The end.

Morrison
April 2nd, 2013, 11:09 PM
The end.

buuuuuttttttt probably not, truthfully now.

Atty
April 2nd, 2013, 11:09 PM
Oh yeaaaahhhhh.

takerexpert
April 3rd, 2013, 12:11 AM
I saw cm punks dick outline through his pants. :drool:

Hero!
April 3rd, 2013, 12:13 AM
Screencap..?

mth
April 3rd, 2013, 12:30 AM
Just watched RAW. Lots of talking but I don't mind when they're hyping big matches at Mania. Most of the talking was pretty good (though Rock's promo was pretty crappy, honestly). Just a few thoughts on other stuff:

I'm liking Fandango more and more every week. The scorecards were brilliant and I am loving the vicious assaults...a second legdrop to the back of the head after the refs waved him off was great. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite new guys.

Funkadactyls were actually pretty decent in the ring. We might have a divas division somewhere.

I thought the Takier/Punk segment at the end of the show was terrific. Personally not offended in the slightest. I can see why some people might be but I don't really see any reason to be.

JP
April 3rd, 2013, 3:26 AM
It implies to me that they presented it in a way which wasn't representative of the reality of what happened. I may be being pessimistic about it, but it would hardly be the first time they 'massaged' the truth to get what they wanted.

And from our own front page;

Michael's brother Daniel agreed that what went down on RAW was "Totally different" from what his family was told would occur on television.

*clears throat*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCQ7VLoY7bQ

MikeHunt
April 3rd, 2013, 3:53 AM

This is the bollocks I have said about you before and making people welcome. you com across very badly to new users and this proves that you certainly can put people off with your know-all attitude and prickness. Yet to continually bash DVDA, myself and others for coming across badly to new users, fucking hypocritical bullshit.

You do have to wonder what they would have done without Bearer dying.

thats why i think this build and feud has been pish, the god and immortal stuff would have had more legs. although the rubbing the "ashes" in his face was quality.

The speed with which you have morphed into DVDA here is astonishing.

Knob comment, bashing other posters while being a penis yourself. hypocritical.

Not at all, amigo. :beer:

shat it and back track. brilliant way out. man up.

boak

Screencap..?

fandango

Cewsh
April 3rd, 2013, 4:30 AM
You have a point. Though it would probably come across better if it were coming from someone who didn't bully one of our best contributors on a daily basis.

MikeHunt
April 3rd, 2013, 4:31 AM
also pretty decent raw. liked y2j vs cesaro and DB vs DZ.

i actually think that the history with Bryan, Dolph, Kane and AJ all intertwined make this one of the intriguing matches on the show.

Heyman is the fucking most valuable person on the roster at the moment, heat machine. would love to see him align with a younger superstar if punk takes time off after WM.

MikeHunt
April 3rd, 2013, 4:33 AM
You have a point. Though it would probably come across better if it were coming from someone who didn't bully one of our best contributors on a daily basis.

nothing i do is bullying. it's all piss taking and a laugh. also who are you talking about? hope you aren't getting an inflated ego?

Bennedy
April 3rd, 2013, 6:00 AM
The thing is that some people just don't get you, Mike. I think you are fine with most of the brits as we get your humour and understand that most things are a joke. However, others on here probably just think you are a bit of a dick who bullies people. When Cewsh mentions bullying, I assume he means the way you have been treating takerson lately. I know that some people can take this place a bit too seriously at times, and it pisses me off a bit as well, but surely you understand how some people just purely think that you are a dickhead?

Lagom
April 3rd, 2013, 7:24 AM

Teehee.

Kimura Kid
April 3rd, 2013, 8:56 AM
Teehee.
?

Jacknife
April 3rd, 2013, 9:04 AM
he's laughing at you. kick his ass

Kimura Kid
April 3rd, 2013, 9:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWINtUCshxY

Peter Griffin
April 3rd, 2013, 9:18 AM
And from our own front page;

*clears throat*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCQ7VLoY7bQ
- WWE issued Prowrestling.net the following text message that was sent to the company received by Michael Moody, son of the late Bill Moody (a/k/a Paul Bearer), regarding Monday's Raw television show.

"Hey. I woke up in time to watch the tail end of the show. What you explained would happen happened. Which is fine. Just it was a little difficult to watch it play out. I put a message on Facebook last night saying that we approved it but it wasn't what I envisioned. That I didn't have anything to say. Well woke up this morning and that quote is being used all over 'media outlets.' For the record. I was fine w(ith) it. Was hard to watch but y'all are professionals and I trust."

Did you just decide to ignore this?

JP
April 3rd, 2013, 9:36 AM
Different brother you dunderhead.

And anyway, it's The Hives, be thankful.

Lagom
April 3rd, 2013, 9:40 AM
So, Mr. Moody had two sons named Michael?

JP
April 3rd, 2013, 10:00 AM
So, Mr. Moody had two sons named Michael?

I despair, I absolutely fucking despair.

Michael's brother Daniel agreed that what went down on RAW was "Totally different" from what his family was told would occur on television.

Jacknife
April 3rd, 2013, 10:02 AM
These brothers certainly sound moody.

lotjx
April 3rd, 2013, 10:02 AM

Did you just decide to ignore this?

I am sure he wanted to make sure the check would clear.

Peter Griffin
April 3rd, 2013, 10:04 AM
I despair, I absolutely fucking despair.

But the text said that Michael said what occurred WAS what they were told.

JP
April 3rd, 2013, 10:12 AM
But the text said that Michael said what occurred WAS what they were told.

And his brother has apparently disagreed with him on this. Given their history on ethics, I'm inclined to believe Daniel, not Michael.

If it makes it easier to digest think of it as The Undertaker and Kane having a disagreement on who should face the WWE Champion. BY GOD ALMIGHTY!

Jacknife
April 3rd, 2013, 10:44 AM
Why do they need to get the blessing from the Moody family? Is it a respect thing? Surely Paul Bearer is a WWE creation and they can do what they want with it?

JP
April 3rd, 2013, 11:07 AM
Why do they need to get the blessing from the Moody family? Is it a respect thing? Surely Paul Bearer is a WWE creation and they can do what they want with it?

Because while I'm a little uneasy with what they've done, they're not inhumane monsters.

Peter Griffin
April 3rd, 2013, 11:11 AM
I appreciate where you are coming from, but if that Michael Moody text is accurate then there isn't a issue in terms of consulting the family.

JP
April 3rd, 2013, 11:32 AM
I appreciate where you are coming from, but if that Michael Moody text is accurate then there isn't a issue in terms of consulting the family.

Agreed, but if Daniel's recollection is accurate, then there is.

Given the contradictory statements it's a little murky now, no way of knowing who's telling the truth and if not, why not.

But I backed my viewpoint up with The Hives, so that's that, really.

Bennedy
April 3rd, 2013, 11:35 AM
You really like the Hives, don't you? You have mentioned them about 3 times now.

Matthew
April 3rd, 2013, 11:43 AM
tick tick tick tick tick tick

BOOM

KorruptJustice
April 4th, 2013, 3:09 AM
This is the bollocks I have said about you before and making people welcome. you com across very badly to new users and this proves that you certainly can put people off with your know-all attitude and prickness. Yet to continually bash DVDA, myself and others for coming across badly to new users, fucking hypocritical bullshit.

In fairness, DVDA comes across badly to most people, not just the new users.

And yes, Cewsh can be an asshole at times. Imagine that, someone being an asshole on the internet. Shocking. The bigger problem is someone saying that they may stop posting because Cewsh was mean to them. Seriously? KK, I know you're new around here, but surely you've been on the internet before. Assholes are a standard feature. It's one of the drawbacks of being able to discuss anything with anyone - occasionally there will be someone who doesn't agree with you, but is incapable of expressing their disagreement in an intelligent and articulate way, so instead they'll be a dick about it. Ignore them - there are loads of people around here who are worth talking with, and even the assholes occasionally say something insightful or amusing. Well, some of them anyway.

It was kind of a meh Raw other than the Punk/Taker stuff, which I thought was good, although I thought his promo in the back where he was tossing around the urn and dropped it did more to get me hooked on this feud. It's kind of weird to me that people got offended by the ending, but whatever. I can see the family being offended if WWE didn't tell them what they were planning on doing, but one of them says they did and one says they didn't. No idea which one is telling the truth, but either way it doesn't matter to me.

Punk/Taker is really kind of the only WM match that I'm really looking forward to. The rest of the card hasn't really hooked me, to the point where I'm seriously considering whether I really want to buy the PPV. I know I will - it and Royal Rumble are the only PPV's I order every year, but I can definitely feel myself losing interest as a fan, to the point where I don't even watch Raw live anymore. I watch it the next day so that I can fast forward all the segments and touts and tweets and movie ads that I don't want to see. Most weeks it takes me less than an hour to watch Raw now. My reactions to the rest of the card -

Rock/Cena: should be a decent match, and I'll be interested to see if Cena turns heel, but the build-up has only been okay and the first match didn't exactly leave me screaming for a rematch.

HHH/Brock: I don't care about this match at all. The only decent part of this feud has been Paul Heyman. I hope he sticks around for awhile.

Punk/Taker: Really looking forward to it; I hope Taker can still go in the ring. The buildup makes it seem pretty obvious that Taker will win, but I'd mark out if Punk really does end the streak.

Ryback/Henry: Really don't see why this match is happening. I thought Ryback would have been perfect in the match against the Shield, especially since he'd been feuding with them for months (did that ever get any kind of blow off?). It's stupid that they pulled him out of that for this.

Orton,Sheamus,Show/The Shield: Love the Shield, but I'm not crazy about this match. Orton bores me to death. Hopefully Shield wins to keep their momentum.

Swagger/Del Rio: This entire angle has done nothing for me. Was there really no one other than Swagger who could challenge Del Rio?

Jericho/Fandango: Don't care for Fandango's character yet, but I'm interested to see his skill in the ring. Still seems odd to me to have a wrestler debut at WM.

Team Hell No/Ziggler & Big E: I'll be honest - a lot of my time for this match is going to be spent staring at AJ outside the ring. :drool: Team Hell No has to implode eventually - I wonder if this is where it happens. Interested to see how Big E does with his debut. And if Ziggler uses the briefcase after Del Rio/Swagger.

Miz/Barrett: The IC Title should be important enough to be on the main show.

G-Fresh
April 4th, 2013, 3:52 AM
DVDA comes accross ya face.

Kimura Kid
April 4th, 2013, 11:19 AM
In fairness, DVDA comes across badly to most people, not just the new users.

And yes, Cewsh can be an asshole at times. Imagine that, someone being an asshole on the internet. Shocking. The bigger problem is someone saying that they may stop posting because Cewsh was mean to them. Seriously? KK, I know you're new around here, but surely you've been on the internet before. Assholes are a standard feature. It's one of the drawbacks of being able to discuss anything with anyone - occasionally there will be someone who doesn't agree with you, but is incapable of expressing their disagreement in an intelligent and articulate way, so instead they'll be a dick about it. Ignore them - there are loads of people around here who are worth talking with, and even the assholes occasionally say something insightful or amusing. Well, some of them anyway.

lol I gotcha and appreciate the feedback. I personally see Cewsh as an authority figure within the forums and someone with a lot of pull. So when I felt that he was going to be a thorn in my side or nit pick my posts because he didn't care for me, It made me feel unwelcomed.

But we worked everything out and have moved forward.

I really enjoy this place and the members. You guys have an amazing community and the age group that you have here and the discussions are impressive to me.

Cewsh
April 4th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Good to see you back, Justice. Where have you been hiding yourself? :heart:

chatty
April 4th, 2013, 1:54 PM
Don't worry about it, everybody nitpicks my posts, I just don't give a damn. Just say what your thinking, no point coming on a forum and typing what people want you to type. If they don't like it then tough shit.