PDA

View Full Version : Is this a work?

Kimura Kid
March 26th, 2013, 9:17 PM
http://youtu.be/i7n_SHrK408

WTF!! Is there any explanation for this? Was hogan seriously this careless with an unconscious scrawny tv personality? Fuck this is almost as bad as some New Jack shit IMO

All stiff like, Blood pool under the head, Blood all dripping down his jacket.......Dafuq??

One Man Gang
March 26th, 2013, 9:25 PM
Belzer sued them and WWE settled out of court. Didn't seem to hurt WrestleMania in the end. He clearly didn't realize the 90 pound guy was already knocked out, otherwise he wouldn't have released him so casually. But yeah, it was careless.

Cewsh
March 26th, 2013, 9:30 PM
Yeah, it was 100% real. Belzer had been talking some serious smack about wrestling, and Hogan didn't appreciate it, so he put him to sleep. Then Belzer fell and hit his head. Belzer talked about it for years afterwards.

Kimura Kid
March 26th, 2013, 9:33 PM
Oh ok, So there was some back story on it. Ok that makes more sense. I know Hogan wasn't no one to fuck with back in the day, Especially if you were bashing his profession. Makes me think Belzer was an idiot for trusting someone he shit talked to put him in a submission hold.

But still, Hulk......dafuq? lol

Cewsh
March 26th, 2013, 9:34 PM
Yeah, pretty much. Belzer was basically a more aggressive Bill Maher at the time, and he was depending on wrestlers being nonviolent and professional in the 80s. That was not wise of him.

Kimura Kid
March 26th, 2013, 9:36 PM
Belzer sued them and WWE settled out of court. Didn't seem to hurt WrestleMania in the end. He clearly didn't realize the 90 pound guy was already knocked out, otherwise he wouldn't have released him so casually. But yeah, it was careless.

You don't think he realized Belzer going limp in his arms?? I disagree, I don't think he anticipated him falling the way he did. You can almost see hogan jump when he hit the floor. in shock.

*Edit*

Ya know you may be right. Belzer may have slipped out...

Kimura Kid
March 26th, 2013, 9:36 PM
Yeah, pretty much. Belzer was basically a more aggressive Bill Maher at the time, and he was depending on wrestlers being nonviolent and professional in the 80s. That was not wise of him.

That's Awesome!! Hahaha!!

One Man Gang
March 26th, 2013, 9:42 PM
I think Hogan completely misjudged how fast Belzer would go out because he was dealing with a man already as light as a feather. I think he saw him going out and tried to release him before he actually was out. But he's a big dum dum.

Kimura Kid
March 26th, 2013, 9:54 PM
lol

Yeah really not cool of him, but at that time these guys had an image to uphold.....I get it. but it's funny seeing the the Uber Face Hogan deading some innocent nerd. lol

G-Fresh
March 26th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Dave Schultz knockin the shit out of John Stossel was better. Stossel took that shit without acting like a bitch. Well, other that suing over it.

Kimura Kid
March 27th, 2013, 9:23 AM
Yeah but that Stossel just got bitch slapped by Dr Schultz, Belzer got put to sleep and split open by Hogan.

I personally think Hogans was "Better" or more damaging. And more unexpected givin his stature within the wrestling world.

Not sure How I've never seen or heard of this altercation before.....Crazy stuff.

Excel
March 27th, 2013, 8:58 PM
I'm with you there, in over 20 years of being a wrestling fan how have I never so much as heard of this. Was crazy the way the guy just went out. No struggle, no indication that he was choking or losing consciousness, until he just fell limp. You could see that the hold was legit but damn, it took mere seconds.

The Law
March 27th, 2013, 9:23 PM
Back in the days of kayfabe a wrestler was required to beat up anyone who challenged the validity of wrestling. They were also required to win any fight they got into. If they were at a bar and some drunk talked shit to them, they had to beat them up. Anything less would impugn the credibility of the sport. I don't think Hogan was actually trying to hurt Belzer, I think he just didn't understand he was dealing with a guy who weighed 150 pounds instead of 250.

I love hearing stories from the kayfabe days. That shit was crazy. Larry Zybyszko got stabbed in the ass one night after he turned on Bruno Sammartino. I love the idea of state athletic boards actually regulating wrestling and trying to suspend wrestlers for bleeding in the ring. The good old days.

chatty
March 27th, 2013, 9:40 PM
Didnt Jake get challenged once and went outside only for Bret and Neidhart to follow and find him askig the guy not to beat him up. I think that was in Brets book. back in the day you had to really uphold the image of being a tough guy, if you got caught out it could harm your rep.

Hogan was a massive bloke, he probably just misjudged how easy it was to choke out a skinny fellow and fucked up letting him smash his head of the floor.

The Law
March 27th, 2013, 10:17 PM
This is only half-kayfabe, but Slaughter and his family got death threats during the Iraqi sympathizer angle. He said the night he won the title him and Piper went to get something to eat and had to leave the restaurant because the cook (a former Marine) was about to start something. The company paid for private security to guard his house after they received multiple legitimate death threats. Now, it's not necessarily clear if people didn't know it was a show or if they were just so angry about the storyline that they were doing it even though they knew it was fake. But that's probably the last example of true nuclear heat in wrestling. Maybe Mike Awesome when he went back to ECW to drop the title to Taz.