PDA

View Full Version : The best Nintendo 64 games "List Reveal"

Pages : [1] 2

The Rick
March 24th, 2013, 10:24 PM
The Top 30
Nintendo 64 games

http://gamester81.com/wp-content/uploads/Original-Nintendo-64.jpg

*wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_64)

The Nintendo 64 (ニンテンドウ64 Nintendō Rokujūyon?), often referred to as N64 (stylized as NINTENDO64, formerly known as the Nintendo Ultra 64, and codenamed Project Reality) is Nintendo's third home video game console for the international market. Named for its 64-bit central processing unit, it was released in June 1996 in Japan, September 1996 in North America, March 1997 in Europe and Australia, September 1997 in France and December 1997 in Brazil. It is Nintendo's last home console to use ROM cartridges to store games (Nintendo switched to a MiniDVD-based format for the successor GameCube); handhelds in the Game Boy line, however, continued to use Game Paks. As part of the fifth generation of gaming, it primarily competed with the Sony PlayStation and the Sega Saturn. Succeeded by Nintendo's GameCube in November 2001, N64 consoles continued to be produced until its discontinuation in Japan on April 30, 2002, Europe on May 16, 2003, North America on November 30, 2003, and Australia in 2003

There were 26 lists submitted. 80 unique titles adorne the list. Here are the best 30 Nintendo 64 titles, as voted by the members of Rajah.

Master List
1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2. Mario 64
3. GoldenEye 007
4. Mario Kart 64
5. WWF No Mercy
6. Perfect Dark
7. WWF WrestleMania 2000
8. Banjo-Kazooie
9. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
10. Super Smash Bros.
11. Star Fox 64
12. WCW/nWo Revenge
13. Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
14. Mario Party 2
15. Mario Tennis
16. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
17. F-Zero X
18. Donkey Kong 64
19. Conker's Bad Fur Day
20. Mario Party
21. Diddy Kong Racing
22. Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
23. Mario Golf
24. International Superstar Soccer 64
25. Paper Mario
26. Pilotwings 64
27. WCW vs. nWo: World Tour
28.(tied) Banjo-Tooie
-Turok 2
30.Body Harvest
Runners-up
31.(tied) Bomberman 64
-Pokemon Stadium
33.(tied) Resident Evil
-Yoshi's Story
35.(tied) Pokemon Snap
-Wave Race 64
37. Gauntlet Legends
38. The World is Not Enough
39.(tied) 1080 Snowboarding
-Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
-Shadowman
42. NBA Hangtime
43.(tied) Cruis'n USA
-NFL Blitz
-Silicon Valley
46.(tied) Ken Griffey Jr.'s Slugfest
-Ogre battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
-Spider-man
49.(tied) Bio Freaks
-Mortal Kombat Trilogy
51.(tied) Army Men: Sarge's Heroes
-Pokemon Stadium 2
53.(tied) Blast Corps
-Jet Force Gemini
-NFL Blitz 2000
56.(tied) BattleTanx: Global Assault
-Cruis'n World
-Star Wars: Episode One Racer
-Tony Hawk 3
60.(tied) Doom
-Killer Instinct Gold
-Sin and Punishment
63.(tied) Quest 64
-Road Rash 64
-Snowboard Kids
-Tony Hawk 2
67. (tied) FIFA: Road to World Cup '98
-Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr.
-Quake 64
-San Francisco Rush 2049
-Vigilante 8
72. (tied) Monster Truck Maddness
-Pokemon Puzzle League
-Tetrisphere
-Winback: Covert Operations
76. (tied)
-Fighter's Destiny
-Hybrid Heaven
-Mario Party 3
-Snowboard Kids 2
-South Park

The Rick
March 24th, 2013, 10:29 PM
Body Harvest

http://outofthiscosmos.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/body_harvest.jpg

Developed by: DMA Design
Release date: October 20, 1998
Highest vote: 6th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnocQS1maqg

76. (tied)
Fighter's Destiny (1 vote, 3 points)
Hybrid Heaven (1 vote, 3 points)
Mario Party 3 (1 vote, 3 points)
Snowboard Kids 2 (1 vote, 3 points)
South Park (1 vote, 3 points)

Fro
March 24th, 2013, 10:38 PM
I have never heard of that game

G-Fresh
March 24th, 2013, 10:41 PM
I'm gonna have to check that shit out.

Mark Hammer
March 24th, 2013, 11:00 PM
I've never heard of it either.

Psycho666Soldier
March 24th, 2013, 11:35 PM
I saw the game in the rental store all the time. Also, when I heard about Harvest Moon for the 64, I wanted to play it, and talked to a friend about it who thought he owned that game. He brought it over only for me to discover he was talking about Body Harvest. I never gave it a chance due to my disappointment.

I still haven't played Harvest Moon 64 to this day.

I'm glad Snowboard Kids 2 got at least 1 vote. I probably would have fit it on my list if I made one. I had fun with that South Park game, too.

mr sabu
March 24th, 2013, 11:38 PM
i didn't mind body harvest only got to play it for about 10 mins

Atty
March 24th, 2013, 11:40 PM
I have never heard of this game and I thought I'd played every game ever.

T.I (uh oh)
March 25th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Body Harvest was pretty much a tech-demo/proof of concept for 3D GTA - for it's legacy alone it is worth a mention, but I'm not sure it was a great game.

Hopefully Stan Accy (and others who voted for it) can explain why they found it so great?

I'm a bit surprised that I'm the only one who voted for Hybrid Heaven. I loved the combat in this game, and would really like to see a modern take on it.

Stringer Bell
March 25th, 2013, 2:39 AM
So it's too late to do a list dudes? Either way, here's what I'd have..

1. Ocarina of Time
2. Wrestlemania 2000
3. Goldeneye
4. No Mercy
5. NBA Live 2000 (because it was the first game in ages with Jordan)
6. Turok
7. WCW/NWO Revenge
8. South Park
9. Hydro Thunder
10. Starfox
11. Super Smash Bros.
12. Perfect Dark
13. Mario Party (I never had a chance to play Mario 64 enough, but these were fun)
14. Majora's Mask
15. 1080 Snowboarding

Bonus: Pokemon Snap. I never really got into the Pokemon games, but this one was fucking addictive as a kid.

T.I (uh oh)
March 25th, 2013, 4:56 AM
Hydro Thunder included but no F-Zero X? Fucking hell Stringer, have a look at yourself dude.
:heart:

Anaconda Sniper
March 25th, 2013, 11:38 AM
I like others in here have never heard of this game. But I was only 10/11 when it came out and I was much more interested in nintendos main characters and wrestling games.

The Rick
March 25th, 2013, 12:29 PM
#28 Tied
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil

http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1135195227-00.jpg

Developed by: Iguana Entertainment
Designer: David Dienstbier
Release date: December 10, 1998

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uplEXV2Lbhw

72. (tied)
Monster Truck Maddness (1 vote, 4 points)
Pokemon Puzzle League (1 vote, 4 points)
Tetrisphere (1 vote, 4 points)
Winback: Covert Operations (1 vote, 4 points)

The Rick
March 25th, 2013, 12:36 PM
I saw the game in the rental store all the time. Also, when I heard about Harvest Moon for the 64, I wanted to play it, and talked to a friend about it who thought he owned that game. He brought it over only for me to discover he was talking about Body Harvest. I never gave it a chance due to my disappointment.

This is how I got to play it. It was always on the shelf at the local video store, and one day with a "free rental" coupon I picked up for a weekend. It was fun, but I didn't enjoy it enough to put it on my list. But seeing where people rank titles, and watching where they land is part of what is fun about compiling theses lists. People enjoy different aspects of games differently.

I never played Turok 2. I liked the first Turok okay, but never felt the need to go back to the series.

Mark Hammer
March 25th, 2013, 1:02 PM
Never played a Turok game although I do remember it. Perhaps I should give this one a try? Any ideas on how well it's aged?

Anaconda Sniper
March 25th, 2013, 1:29 PM
I played the first turok game and I remember not liking it too much. I just remember killing random dinosaurs and got bored..but a big part of it is I hate HATE first person view games. I despise them.

The Doc
March 25th, 2013, 1:53 PM
Honestly very little on the N64 has aged well. Turok isn't terrible if you don't mind first person platforming but I personally hated it (even while I slogged through it for the dinos) at the time. Not being able to see exactly where your feet are makes platforming a bitch and three quarters. The vs mode is rather fun though and makes you wonder why so few of those features have survived.

stylepoints
March 25th, 2013, 2:37 PM
Hybrid Heaven didnt make the list? Then you guys obviously haven't played it and need to do that asap. Action/rpg using fighting and pro wrestling moves. Check it out or miss one of n64's best games. The choice is yours.

MichaelC
March 25th, 2013, 3:27 PM
Turok's default controls are horrible if you are used to GoldenEye. It was always a game that sounded far better than it actually played.

Dreyski
March 25th, 2013, 3:45 PM
Body Harvest was pretty much a tech-demo/proof of concept for 3D GTA - for it's legacy alone it is worth a mention, but I'm not sure it was a great game.

Hopefully Stan Accy (and others who voted for it) can explain why they found it so great?

As you said, it was like GTA zero, but more atmospheric, from the music (which changed from quietly menacing to full on panic when a harvester swarm kicked in) to the graphics (the fogging was low-tech but added to the sense of alien menace). The controls seemed built for the 64 and it was actually a challenging game - I never got past the second time zone, even now on an emulator.

Stringer Bell
March 25th, 2013, 4:59 PM
Hydro Thunder included but no F-Zero X? Fucking hell Stringer, have a look at yourself dude.
:heart:

I don't think I played quite enough F-Zero to get hooked. I just remember loving the arcade version of Hydro Thunder and then being ecstatic when it came out on 64.

The Rick
March 26th, 2013, 12:43 PM
#28 Tied
Banjo-Tooie

http://sticktwiddlers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/banjo-tooie-box.jpeg

Developed by: Rare
Designer: Gregg Mayles
Release date: November 20, 2000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0zC5eJ9e4g

67. (tied)
FIFA: Road to World Cup '98 (1 vote, 5 points)
Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr. (1 vote, 5 points)
Quake 64 (1 vote, 5 points)
San Francisco Rush 2049 (1 vote, 5 points)
Vigilante 8 (1 vote, 5 points)

Kunt 4 Life
March 26th, 2013, 1:07 PM
I only played the first game. How does the sequel compare?

The Rick
March 26th, 2013, 4:00 PM
I only played a bit of the first Banjo game. Rare lost me on their platformers with DK64. Kinda like Ken Griffey Jr's Winning Run on SNES. I never played the N64 baseball games.

Dreyski
March 26th, 2013, 4:50 PM
Played it a bit, not as much as the first one. It seemed very non-linear and I had real trouble finding out where to go next. Not to mention the N64 controls not really transferring to my PS2 style pad.

William
March 26th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Turok 2 was probably the best of the series on the 64. It's no Perfect Dark or 007 game, but it's the next best thing for when you want to play something different as far as multiplayer FPS go. Had a lot of fun with it.

Body Harvest... I just couldn't get into it. It's like one of those beginner indie developer attempts at a game. At least that's how it felt to me. No real substance.

T.I (uh oh)
March 27th, 2013, 1:45 AM
I didn't play a great deal of Turok 2 - it's actually the only Turok game on the N64 that I didn't own.
Turok 1 blew me away, in spite of it's fog and high difficulty. Some of the levels were absolutely brutal to navigate without a map/guide, and while there were only a few bosses they were pretty epic. But Turok 2 seemed a little off to me. I didn't like the weapons as much, and the multiplayer maps IMO sucked. I think Turok Rage Wars got the MP maps right (so it should too, considering it was entirely MP focused). Turok 3 sucked, but I really enjoyed the more story-oriented experience.

Banjo-Tooie has some fantastic ideas, but overall the game is just too big. The world maps are so large that it becomes a chore to navigate them, and considering the amount of backtracking, and activate switch in level A to open door in level B type puzzles, it really ruins things. Some of the other design choices like having 6 different types of eggs to collect, and having non-standard number of Jinjo's per level really test your patience as a gamer. Having said that, I've got some fond memories of the game, and some of the cross-level puzzles were excellent. Banjo Kazooie just set the bar extremely high, as its design was so damn tight.

Pablo Diablo
March 27th, 2013, 8:47 AM
No one else with love for Ken Griffey eh? Fair enough.

Fro
March 27th, 2013, 8:56 AM
No one else with love for Ken Griffey eh? Fair enough.

Ken Griffey Jr Slugfest was very high on my list. Top 5 I think. I never really played the first one.

The Rick
March 27th, 2013, 7:14 PM
WCW vs. nWo: World Tour

http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1197957458-00.jpg

Developers: Asmik Ace Entertainment, AKI Corporation
Release date: November 28, 1997
Highest Vote: 4th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VrTDgy1df4

63. (tied)
Quest 64 (1 vote, 6 points)
Road Rash 64 (1 vote, 6 points)
Snowboard Kids (1 vote, 6 points)
Tony Hawk 2 (1 vote, 6 points)

Psycho666Soldier
March 27th, 2013, 7:35 PM
MORE SNOWBOARD KIDS!!

Oh man, I had a lot of fun with WCW/NWO World Tour. The first mainstream N64 wrestling game to hit the mark just right on the gameplay, and the rest is history. Without this game, we wouldn't have WM2000, Revenge, or No Mercy. Though, I'm pretty sure the engine was made for some game before this one.

Also, Quest 64. I remember playing about 2 hours of that game when I first owned a 64. I don't remember anything else about it.

Vice
March 27th, 2013, 7:47 PM
This game was great.

Played the absolute shit out of it with my friends.

G-Fresh
March 27th, 2013, 7:57 PM
Quest 64. I remember playing about 2 hours of that game when I first owned a 64. I don't remember anything else about it.

It's a hella strange game. I need to buy a copy and get down on it some time.

It's too bad that the N64 didn't have more RPGs.

stylepoints
March 27th, 2013, 8:17 PM
One day at the mall I bought an N64 and this game. What a great.day! My.friend decided to play a joke on me and grabbed my bag and hauld ass down the mall. I freaked out until he came around the corner with my N64. I was in complete panic mode. Considering who the joke came from, it was hilarious. He's not the type of guy to do anything like that. All was good and we had quite a laugh afterwards.

Pablo Diablo
March 27th, 2013, 8:21 PM
Yes finally one of mine on the list. Loved playing this game.

G-Fresh
March 27th, 2013, 8:23 PM
I forgot about it when I was making my list.

Anaconda Sniper
March 27th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Yes! WCW/NWO world tour was great. Was on my list at number 13...I used to rent the shit out of this game when I was 9/10.

Mark Hammer
March 28th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Loved me some WCW/nWO World Tour. Hall and Nash were always my favorites to use.

Defrost
March 28th, 2013, 12:46 AM
I liked using the Japanese wrestlers

Judas Iscariot
March 28th, 2013, 12:56 AM
This is a SHOCKING development.

Peter Griffin
March 28th, 2013, 5:04 AM
I liked using the Japanese wrestlers

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Fucking hell mate just move to Japan already :D

Atty
March 28th, 2013, 9:22 AM
I think he's turning Japanese.

JP
March 28th, 2013, 9:37 AM
I really think so.

Defrost
March 28th, 2013, 2:02 PM
Well they had the Great Sasuke doppelganger in there who looked like a ninja. I was like 12. Ninjas man. Ninjas.

Peter Griffin
March 28th, 2013, 2:10 PM
Fo shiz ma niz.

The Rick
March 28th, 2013, 6:57 PM
Pilotwings 64

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr7r0qVwuf1qf0xqzo1_500.jpg

Developed by: Nintendo, Paradigm Simulation
Director: Makoto Wada
Producers: Genyo Takeda, Shigeru Miyamoto
Release date: June 23, 1996

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LY2EKBebvo

60. (tied)
Doom (1 vote, 7 points)
Killer Instinct Gold (2 votes, 7 points)
Sin and Punishment (1 vote, 7 points)

Psycho666Soldier
March 28th, 2013, 8:11 PM
Sin and Punishment is an incredibly underrated game, for the simple fact that it was never released stateside until the Wii translated it for Virtual Console. That game is insanely fun, and it's a unique spin on rail-shooting. Plus, it's made by the same people who made Gunstar Heroes.

I never could get into the Pilotwings games that much. They weren't bad, they just weren't really up my alley. Perhaps I would have a new appreciation for them as an adult.

wardy
March 29th, 2013, 3:40 AM
I remember my mum and dad decided to rent me a game for my new N64 and they brought home fucking Pilot Wings. Never have I been so ungrateful in my life. Shit game.

The Rick
March 29th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Paper Mario

http://pcgamestop.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/paper_mario_64.jpg

Developed by: Intelligent Systems
Release date: August 11, 2000
Highest vote: 8th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoGJd0k_FR8

56. (tied)
BattleTanx: Global Assault (1 vote, 8 points)
Cruis'n World (1 vote, 8 points)
Star Wars: Episode One Racer (1 vote, 8 points)
Tony Hawk 3 (1 vote, 8 points)

Vice
March 29th, 2013, 1:37 PM
Pilot Wings again? :p

William
March 29th, 2013, 4:02 PM
I find it ironic that you accidentally kept the Pilotwings title considering the box art of Paper Mario. Lol. But yeah, I didn't enjoy Paper Mario as much as Super Mario RPG but it's still a good game nonetheless.

Mark Hammer
March 29th, 2013, 4:14 PM
Only number 26? This was a good game. Like William said it wasn't as good as Super Mario RPG but still good in it's own right.

Psycho666Soldier
March 29th, 2013, 5:15 PM
While I would probably vote Super Mario RPG higher, I sort of consider them too different to really stack up against each other. I LOVED Paper Mario. This and the sequel are stellar games, and the closest we could ever hope to get for a SMRPG sequel. I've spent countless hours on this game, and I know I'll be playing through it again before the end of my life.

JP
March 29th, 2013, 5:18 PM
I adored Thousand Year Door for the GC so downloaded the rom for Paper Mario when I could.

Have to say, found it nowhere as good and quite disappointing overall.

Vice
March 29th, 2013, 5:42 PM
From what I played of it, I did enjoy it a bit. But yeah, it's not SMRPG and I will always hold that against it subconsciously. No way around it.

It's kind of like Zelda II for me. Good game, but it was not the sequel to the original Zelda that I, and most people, wanted. Fortunately Zelda went back to its roots and gave us A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, etc. Had they stuck with II's sidescrolling combat forever, I'd always pine for another Zelda like the first one. That is what happened with me and the Paper Mario series. They had something stellar in SMRPG, and then they had a bigger, better, more powerful system to give us a brilliant sequel, and we got.. that. And they've stuck with that style since, not giving us a true sequel or another story featuring the same mechanics and design.

I'd think more highly of it if SMRPG didn't exist, or I had never played it.

Dear Nintendo,

SMRPG II for Wii U.

plz

Mark Hammer
March 29th, 2013, 6:05 PM
While I would probably vote Super Mario RPG higher, I sort of consider them too different to really stack up against each other. I LOVED Paper Mario. This and the sequel are stellar games, and the closest we could ever hope to get for a SMRPG sequel. I've spent countless hours on this game, and I know I'll be playing through it again before the end of my life.

The reason they tend to be compared to each other is because Paper Mario was initially marketed as a sequel/follow-up to SMRPG. It obviously didn't turn out anything like it but at the time that was the impression Nintendo gave.

Atty
March 29th, 2013, 6:39 PM
Vice, don't encourage them to put out SMRPG II on Wii U. I don't want to have to buy that stupid system.

Psycho666Soldier
March 29th, 2013, 6:51 PM
SMRPG II is never happening. Just accept it, everybody. That ship sailed the moment Squaresoft split ties with Nintendo. They may be cool again now, but that idea won't be revisited.

Atty
March 29th, 2013, 7:09 PM
They could make SMRPG 13, 13-2 and 13-3. You would really get to play, but it would look pretty.

The Rick
March 29th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Pilot Wings again? :p

:p Yea trying to knock that out on a 20min lunch might not have been the best idea, but the only time until right now to do it.

The Rick
March 30th, 2013, 11:01 AM
International Superstar Soccer 64

http://www.preownedgames.co.uk/files/products-image-425.jpg
North American box art
http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/box/6/4/1/197641_50316_front.jpg

Developed by: Konami Computer Entertainment Osaka
Release date: June 1, 1997
Highest vote: 2nd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GFK3w3ptEg

53. (tied)
Blast Corps (2 votes, 9 points)
Jet Force Gemini (1 vote, 9 points)
NFL Blitz 2000 (1 vote, 9 points)

JP
March 30th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Awesome game at the time.

Some of the saves the keepers used to make were hilarious, obviously nowhere near the ball.

Mark Hammer
March 30th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Never even heard of this one.

Anaconda Sniper
March 30th, 2013, 6:50 PM
Never heard of it. And I didn't vote for paper mario but I thought it was going to rank higher than it did.

thegoat
March 30th, 2013, 7:22 PM
I liked Body Harvest, it seemed different and atmospheric, and it was really fucking difficult.

None of my choices will have had to stand the test of time and games following them improving on what they offered because I have probably played 5 games since I stopped playing the N64.

The Rick
March 31st, 2013, 1:23 PM
Mario Golf

http://www.videogameobsession.com/videogame/n64boxes/n64-MarioGolf.jpg

Developed by: Camelot Software Planning
Release date: June 11, 1999
Highest vote: 5th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nthZ-NvCXHo

51. (tied)
Army Men: Sarge's Heroes (1 vote, 10 points)
Pokemon Stadium 2 (1 vote, 10 points)

Pablo Diablo
March 31st, 2013, 1:43 PM
I just was never able to get into Mario Golf that much, not like some of the others.

Psycho666Soldier
March 31st, 2013, 2:22 PM
Yup, never cared about Mario Golf, mostly because I never cared about Golf. I also never even played or heard of the game before this.

T.I (uh oh)
March 31st, 2013, 5:47 PM
Looks like I've missed a few days here, so I'll keep my thoughts short.

WCW/NWO Revenge
I'd played a bit of WCW World Tour and really liked the grapple system, but I wasn't a big WCW fan, so I kinda ignored this one for a while. By the time my mates started introducing it in our MP sessions, I was well behind, but I really liked the different arenas, the massive roster, and the fact that you could introduce items at any stage. Lacked features and match types which will obviously be discussed when WM2000 & No Mercy show up, but considering the competition at this stage (Warzone), this was prettty awesome.

Pilotwings 64
I never planned on playing, let alone owning Pilotwings. When Nintendo dropped the price of the N64 just 8 weeks after launch, they offered a free game to early adopters as a peace offering. This was the game I was sent. I was actually dirty on this fact, as I really wanted Killer Instinct Gold (lol). Anyway, what really grabbed me about Pilotwings was the sense of freedom. It only had 4 maps, but they were packed full of secrets and hidden paths, and exploring them was heaps of fun. The challenges had a heap of variety, and some of them were super tough to get gold medals on. Because I was 13 and had borrowed money from my parents to buy the N64, I only had 2 games for the first 12 months, which meant that I really made the most of them. I tried to get perfect scores on every single mission. It took me 9 months, but I did it. Probably my favorite memories from Pilotwings though, come from the bonus games - Skydiving, Cannonball and Jumble Hopper. These things were excellent fun. I still remember the first time I did a kamikaze dive in Skydiving, opened my chute a split second before impact, and was rewarded with max points for landing. Blew my mind. Great game. Totally unexpected, but great nonetheless.

Paper Mario
Super Mario RPG was never released in Australia. Paper Mario was released really close to the Gamecube launch. As such I hadn't played either until the Wii came out and I got them on the Virtual Console. I had played (and loved The Thousand Year Door), and unfortunately for Paper Mario, I was kinda comparing it to TTYD, and it just doesn't stack up. I'm sure for it's time it was really cool and fresh, but I just couldn't see it that way. I still remember having fun playing it, but I don't remember anything about it, and I have never felt compelled to return to it - unlike TTYD which I try to play through yearly. On the same note, SMRPG is crazy over-rated, and Geno is rubbish. SMRPG has been bettered in every aspect, several times over by every single Paper Mario, and each Mario & Luigi game, that I find it mind-boggling that people still long for a 'true sequel'.

ISS64
This remains the only soccer game that I've ever purchased. Truth be told, I actually wanted to buy ISS98, but ISS64 was half the price. Amazing game. Among my group of friends every game would turn into a game of 'slide tackle the goalie' which of course resulted in red cards all around. Being a non-soccer fan, I remember being intrigued by the level of strategy, and the customisations offered. The novel interface made it more accessible for me too. Was also the first game I remember having a create-a-character. I made a team full of me and my mates. Of course, I was the superstar striker, and I deliberately did not allocate skill points to anyone else, so they were pretty much tripping over their own feet. I didn't win too many games with this team, but it was fun busting their chops like that.

Mario Golf
Have only played the Gamecube version - which I didn't go much on.

And real quick, there are some VERY good games which aren't getting much love at all. It seems like I was the only person to vote for Blast Corps, Jet Force Gemini, Hybrid Heaven and Tetrisphere which doesn't really surprise me, they're all kinda niche games, but is still someone disappointing.

mr sabu
March 31st, 2013, 9:41 PM
alot of courses in mario golf where a paint in the ass to get birdy badges on

The Rick
March 31st, 2013, 11:03 PM
But it had mini golf. I could play a regular 18 holes for friends that liked golf, and mini golf for the friend that didn't. I think most of the mario golf games are nice easy ways to transition people that were new to golf in general.

The Rick
April 1st, 2013, 12:43 AM
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter

http://electrokami.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/turok-dinosaur-hunter-box-art.jpg

Developed by: Iguana Entertainment
Producers: Jeff Spangenberg, Darrin Stubbington
Designer: David Dienstbier
Release date: February 28, 1997

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84UkG5rZA94

49. (tied)
Bio Freaks ( 1 vote, 12 points)
Mortal Kombat Trilogy (1 vote, 12 points)

The Rick
April 1st, 2013, 12:48 AM
Two things.

1. I have a full day tomorrow, so I wanted to go ahead and get tomorrows reveal up now.

2. If you hadn't already noticed, the master list has been placed on the opening post. I have been updating it every time I make a new entry. I will probably give it its own post after the final reveal, but find the master list currently resides on the first post.

Anaconda Sniper
April 1st, 2013, 1:41 PM
Was not a fan of this game. The first player mode was a big reason.

Mark Hammer
April 1st, 2013, 2:53 PM
Pretty sweet cover art though.

One Man Gang
April 1st, 2013, 3:03 PM
As far as the 64 goes, I thought this game was alright. I was into games with crazy weapons and loved dinosaurs.

Mr. Boombastic
April 1st, 2013, 6:18 PM
Turok was a pretty great game, once you got used to the shitty controls and foggyness that was sometimes annoying and made it very easy to get lost.

Mario Golf was classic. Simple game but a ton of characters/courses/modes that made it a game you could play over and over.

Fro
April 1st, 2013, 10:33 PM
Mario Golf for 64 was good but not great. My favorite incarnation of Mario Golf is the one for gameboy.

The Rick
April 2nd, 2013, 12:25 PM
Diddy Kong Racing

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/box/1/1/8/197118_42014_front.jpg

Developed by: Rare Ltd.
Director: Lee Schuneman
Producter: Chris Stamper
Release date: November 21, 1997

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thP4HE9_zb4

46. (tied)
Ken Griffey Jr.'s Slugfest (1 vote, 13 points)
Ogre battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber (1 vote, 13 points)
Spider-man ( 2 votes, 13 points)

Fro
April 2nd, 2013, 12:36 PM
Griffey Slugfest was the best baseball game on 64 hands down, and my second favorite all time behind MVP 05.

Dreyski
April 2nd, 2013, 2:04 PM
Seriously, fuck Diddy Kong Racing. Cheating computer bastard.

Vice
April 2nd, 2013, 2:11 PM
Diddy Kong Racing did enough to make itself unique when compared to Mario Kart, but it was clear that it was trying to capitalize off its success. Did a fairly good job, all things considered, but it was no Mario Kart. At all.

Anaconda Sniper
April 2nd, 2013, 4:40 PM
Ahhh :) Diddy kong racing! I have such a soft spot for this game as it was my first game I got with my 64. And I loved it..and yes I love it more than mario kart 64. :p

Mark Hammer
April 2nd, 2013, 5:46 PM
Never played it but I remember seeing this game. I'd have a hard time listening to an argument that it's not a Mario Kart clone.

stylepoints
April 2nd, 2013, 7:13 PM
I really loved Diddy Kong Racing. I liked it much more than mario kart. Interesting tracks and plenty of collectibles and unlockables. That gave the game so much depth and replay value, something that most racing games lack, even today.

Psycho666Soldier
April 2nd, 2013, 7:44 PM
I had a lot of fun with Diddy Kong Racing. Not sure if I would have voted it or not, but it was always a blast. Mario Kart clone or not, it did the formula right, which made it fun to play. Plus, it's responsible for Banjo Kazooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day coming in to existence.

Atty
April 2nd, 2013, 8:25 PM
LOVED Diddy Kong Racing.

G-Fresh
April 2nd, 2013, 9:38 PM
Chocobo Racing is the best Mario Kart clone.

mr sabu
April 3rd, 2013, 12:12 AM
the one thing i hated about diddy kong racing was having to collect the fucking coins during the boss races

The Rick
April 3rd, 2013, 12:29 PM
Mario Party

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/2338/183539-mario_party_3__u_.jpg

Developed by: Hudson Soft
Director: Kenji Kikuchi
Producers: Shinji Hatano, Shinichi Nakamoto
Release date: December 14, 1998
Highest vote: 4th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hap0duyYfjg

43. (tied)
Cruis'n USA (2 votes, 14 points)
NFL Blitz (2 votes, 14 points)
Silicon Valley (2 votes, 14 points)

Olympus
April 3rd, 2013, 1:03 PM
Anyone else get one of these from that fucking awful controller + that game?

http://adc.bmj.com/content/84/4/288/F1.large.jpg

Fro
April 3rd, 2013, 1:56 PM
Yeah, I remember that. Those damn spinning the joystick mini games. That's one of the reasons I preferred Mario Party 2 since they removed them (I also think it was overall a better game). Both 1 and 2 made my list. Amazing times were had on sleepovers with these games.

Atty
April 3rd, 2013, 2:09 PM
I had great times with Mario Party, but I really hated that N64 joystick in it. It was bad enough as it was, let alone having to spin.

One Man Gang
April 3rd, 2013, 2:14 PM
Had such great times with this game. It was like an extension of the Mario Bros battle mode so it fit my gang of friends well.

Anaconda Sniper
April 3rd, 2013, 2:14 PM
Had lots of fun with mario party another great game. Made my list at number 9. Just a fun game to play with friends always a blast.

T.I (uh oh)
April 3rd, 2013, 5:33 PM
Plus, it's responsible for Banjo Kazooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day coming in to existence.

the one thing i hated about diddy kong racing was having to collect the fucking coins during the boss races

Neither of these things are true...
Banjo-Kazooie was released about 6 months after DKR, and was in development since the tail end of the SNES. And Conker's Quest (as Bad Fur Day was known back then) was shown off before DKR too (E3 1997).

Also, here are the boss races. Not a single coin in sight.
http://youtu.be/YXU22pIKWz4

Psycho666Soldier
April 3rd, 2013, 7:11 PM
Neither of these things are true...
Banjo-Kazooie was released about 6 months after DKR, and was in development since the tail end of the SNES. And Conker's Quest (as Bad Fur Day was known back then) was shown off before DKR too (E3 1997).

Also, here are the boss races. Not a single coin in sight.
http://youtu.be/YXU22pIKWz4

Consider me mistaken. I had no clue they were in development before DKR came out. Still, it was the official introduction to the characters for players.

T.I (uh oh)
April 4th, 2013, 4:08 AM
^ ^ Just read my post back. Really didn't mean to come off as such a dick. :$ Sorry bro's.

Also, you're right, DKR was the official introduction of Banjo & Conker. What I always found weird was that Banjo was solo, and that Kazooie was nowhere to be seen.

Mark Hammer
April 4th, 2013, 10:51 AM
T.I (uh oh)'ed.

Dreyski
April 4th, 2013, 2:33 PM
Yeah, you had to collect the coins on the regular courses (second time round). The boss races just became more difficult. Balls to that damn Triceratops.

The Rick
April 4th, 2013, 6:34 PM
Conker's Bad Fur Day

http://www.craveonline.com/images/stories/2011/Gaming/Articles/10_nintendo_3ds_remakes/Conkers-Bad-Fur-Day-Box-580x397.jpg

Director/Designer: Chris Seavor
Writers: Chris Seavor, Robin Beanland
Release date: March 5, 2001
Highest vote: 3rd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoaIBhF9I_8

42. NBA Hangtime (1 vote, 15 points)

Fro
April 4th, 2013, 6:37 PM
I'm guessing some people will say this is low considering how highly regarded it is critically. Personally I never played it more than once or twice so it didn't make my list, and I'm guessing that's the case for a lot of people since it didn't sell very well.

Atty
April 4th, 2013, 6:47 PM
YES!

Such a surprisingly diverse game. Tremendous fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w5neFPat1w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa9NATrhmac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e21XnQ0vil0

MichaelC
April 4th, 2013, 8:00 PM
Diddy Kong Racing was regarded by the magazines and folk I knew as superior to Mario Kart at the time, but Kart has a simplicity to it that made it more playable than DKR, for my liking.

Psycho666Soldier
April 4th, 2013, 9:33 PM
I fucking LOVE this game. Love it love it love it. I love giving myself an excuse to play through it again any time I do. Excellent gameplay, hilariously unexpected atmosphere, and just generally taking advantage of the M-Rating in a way that didn't feel contrived. Not to mention all the different multi-player options! I think I played Heist so many damn times with all my friends. It was the go-to party game by the time it came out, essentially replacing Mario Party, and more importantly, Smash Bros. when it came out.

To this day, I still beg for a sequel. Getting a remake that was more censored than the original was terrible. Anyone remember when the original plan was for the remake to be completely UNcensored? I was looking forward to that.

Pablo Diablo
April 4th, 2013, 9:59 PM
T.I (uh oh)'ed.

For some reason this is the first time I read T.I.'s name like the Nelly song EI

Anyways never played Conker myself. But everyone else seems to have loved it.

Psycho666Soldier
April 5th, 2013, 2:36 AM
^ ^ Just read my post back. Really didn't mean to come off as such a dick. :$ Sorry bro's.

Also, you're right, DKR was the official introduction of Banjo & Conker. What I always found weird was that Banjo was solo, and that Kazooie was nowhere to be seen.

All good, brother. No offense taken. I do remember playing Banjo and wondering where the fuck this Kazooie character came from.

The Rick
April 5th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Donkey Kong 64

http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/user/3/37357-157234-DonkeyKong64BoxArtjpg-620x.jpg

Director: George Andreas
Producer: Shigeru Miyamoto
Release date: November 24, 1999

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2y-n88iZSc

39. (tied)
1080 Snowboarding (3 votes, 17 points)
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (3 votes, 17 points)
Shadowman (1 vote, 17 points)

JP
April 5th, 2013, 12:31 PM
DK above Conker is a travesty of Montreal proportions.

wardy
April 5th, 2013, 12:46 PM
I've been meaning to buy Conker as I've never played it but it's fucking expensive. Is it rare or something? Obvious joke alert!

Atty
April 5th, 2013, 1:26 PM
I've been meaning to buy Conker as I've never played it but it's fucking expensive. Is it rare or something? Obvious joke alert!
Sort of. It's one of those games that Nintendo didn't want to put out on the Virtual Console for the Wii as it's very much an M rating. So, the only way to really get it is if someone sells it, but the people who have it now generally want to keep it.

There is the XBox remake, which looks prettier, but just isn't the same. And it was edited.

VHS
April 5th, 2013, 1:29 PM
You know what N64 needed? Always on line!

Microsoft shmuck tells us to deal with it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/05/microsoft-creative-director-on-always-online-deal-with-it

Mark Hammer
April 5th, 2013, 2:21 PM
Loved the DKC series on the SNES. This one didn't float my boat though. The series didn't transition to 3D as well as Mario.

Psycho666Soldier
April 5th, 2013, 4:11 PM
I liked DK64 a lot when I first played it on a rental. I was never able to finish it, though, and I haven't played it since it came out, so I couldn't properly judge it at this point. However, I'm sure I would have voted Conker higher, regardless.

I'm not surprised 1080 Snowboarding or Kirby 64 didn't make the list, but both games are a blast, particularly Kirby 64. 1080 Snowboarding was one of the first games I owned for the N64, though, and damn...did my friends and I spend a lot of time on that game.

G-Fresh
April 5th, 2013, 4:25 PM
DK64 is an awkward game. It's cool though.

Anaconda Sniper
April 5th, 2013, 5:44 PM
Heard good things about Conker never played it though so it wasn't on my list. DK64 was on my list at number 14 and I enjoyed the game quite a bit. Had a lot of fun all nighters with my friend trying to beat this game.

Psycho666Soldier
April 5th, 2013, 5:48 PM
I still want to play DK64 again someday, it's just hard as hell to get a hold of that expansion pack in town. I'll probably have to order it, and hope it's not excessively expensive.

G-Fresh
April 5th, 2013, 6:59 PM
I'm pretty sure you can still buy the expansion by itself. You could probably get it at a good price on Ebay.

The Rick
April 6th, 2013, 3:56 PM
F-Zero X

http://gengame.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/f-zerox1.jpg
Japanese box art
http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/15423/images/fzerobox4.jpg

Developed by: Nintendo EAD
Director: Tadashi Sugiyama
Release date: July 14, 1998

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf4cWDCnG8s

38. The World is Not Enough (2 votes, 18 points)

Pablo Diablo
April 6th, 2013, 7:46 PM
Never played this game actually. At all. Don't think I ever touched it.

G-Fresh
April 6th, 2013, 8:12 PM
Yeah boy that's muh shit.

Judas Iscariot
April 6th, 2013, 10:52 PM
F Zero X was fucking awesome. Better than F Zero obvs.

Psycho666Soldier
April 7th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Yeah, I actually never got the opportunity to play F-Zero X. By the time I had an interest to play it, it was nowhere to be found rental-wise. I'd still love to give it a playthrough some time, because I enjoyed the original F-Zero. I've heard nothing but this is way better.

JP
April 7th, 2013, 4:19 AM
F-Zero X was so much fun to play multilpayer with. Playing Mario Kart 64 you'd here almost continued laughter, playing F0X you'd hear almost continued screaming, but in a good way.

The Rick
April 7th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

http://www.videogameobsession.com/videogame/n64boxes/n64-StarWarsRogueSquadron.jpg

Developed by: Factor 5, LucasArts
Designers: Mark Haigh-Hutchinson, Holger Schmidt
Release date: December 3, 1998
Highest vote: 5th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cbR_ZTCzFY

37. Gauntlet Legends (2 votes, 20 Points)

Anaconda Sniper
April 7th, 2013, 1:30 PM
Never played either of the last two entrants. They must be good though as they are pretty up there in this list.

The Rick
April 8th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Mario Tennis

http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/177689-mario_tennis.jpg

Developed by: Camelot, Nintendo
Directed by: Haruki Kodera, Shugo Takahashi
Produced by: Shinji Hatano, Hiroyuki Takahashi, Shugo Takahashi
Release date: July 21, 2000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRgdH0s2k-Y

35. (tied)
Pokemon Snap (3 votes, 21 points)
Wave Race 64 (3 votes, 21 points)

Anaconda Sniper
April 8th, 2013, 1:11 PM
I loved Mario tennis!!! So much fun played hours and hours non stop..I was addicted to this game. Glad to see it get a good spot at number 15...and damn to pokemon snap not making it the top 30..very fun game there as well.

Psycho666Soldier
April 8th, 2013, 1:49 PM
Again, never really cared for the Mario Sports games. They were fun enough, but nothing that made me keep wanting to play.

I spent a LOT OF HOURS on Pokemon Snap. I'll still pop it in and run through it every now and then just for the fuck of it. Then again, I do also get bored by the point you're supposed to go back through and take pictures of all the signs. Once you've played it so many times, it loses its limited luster.

Wave Race 64 was also a blast. Too bad it didn't bottom out this list. A friend and I would play that game all day and night trying to beat each other. Great memories.

Dreyski
April 8th, 2013, 2:18 PM
Quite a few games I've not played here: I did briefly play Conker's but found it a bit sprawling, like Banjo-Tooie but more adult. DK64 was similar, a case of over-egging by having all the characters and all their moves, and weapons, and musical attacks, and blueprints. There was too much to get through. Might have to download Rogue Squadron though.

One Man Gang
April 8th, 2013, 2:48 PM
I loved Star Wars video games for the 64. Rogue Squadron was pumping me up for the release of Episode 1. I'd only ever pretend I was flying an X-Wing while playing Star Fox anyways.

The Doc
April 8th, 2013, 3:03 PM
Conker is a great game, it's however one of very few games where I'll highly recommend you just go and find a good "Let's Play" of it rather than play it yourself. It's N64 era platformer and it has all of the funky camera problems games of that era had and at least for me the real beauty of it was the adult humor and constant movie references. Don't take that as me saying that it's a BAD game, because it's not. It's that unlike Mario 64 or Banjoo where there isn't much to just sit back and watch, Conker has a lot of really good cut scenes and scenes in general. Fantastic game.

I love pretty much all Mario sports games, they tend to have all the fun features that have them right up there with any of "real" sports games while keeping it light. I'm kind of amazed that they've only done basketball once and for a handheld at that. Looking forward to the WiiU generation of everything.

F-zero. Classic. Though I don't think I was ever able to be impressed with those after the first time I popped in Extreme G and broke the sound barrier. Then my prick of a brother decided it would be funny to turn up the volume since he couldn't hear anything. Then I slowed down. :-(

Psycho666Soldier
April 8th, 2013, 3:29 PM
The cut scenes in Conker felt so innovative for a N64 game. Perhaps innovative for its time, but I can't properly compare is cutscenes to things that were going on with PSX cutscenes at the time(not including FMVs).

The Doc
April 8th, 2013, 3:49 PM
Nor can I. I can't think of anything on PSX that was comparable to Conker though. I mean sure the Matrix looks better than the Hang Over but the point of the Hang Over isn't too look cool.

JP
April 8th, 2013, 3:54 PM
Conker stood out because it was on a Nintendo system and so the adult humour worked so well as the irony wasn't lost.

Peter Griffin
April 8th, 2013, 3:54 PM
I might be talking a complete load of shite here (shock horror right) but werent cut scenes generally better on N64 as opposed to PS due to cartridge vs disc? or is it loading times im thinking of? :shifty:

turdpower
April 8th, 2013, 4:10 PM
I never had an N64, what were the sale rates like compared to PSX?

I always saw N64 as a more cult thing, but that may just be based on my friends at school...

Pablo Diablo
April 8th, 2013, 4:22 PM
Yes Mario Tennis. As you can tell from my rating I loved that game. Just had a lot of fun playing that with friends.

Fro
April 8th, 2013, 8:39 PM
Mario Tennis was definitely a lot of fun despite being rather simple and repetitive.

I was one of the 3 who voted Wave Race. Great launch game for the system.

Pablo Diablo
April 8th, 2013, 9:39 PM
I was one of the 3 who voted for Snap. Pokemon in 3D guys.

Anaconda Sniper
April 8th, 2013, 11:08 PM
I was also one of the three for pokemon snap.

Pablo Diablo
April 9th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Sniper I think I like the cut of your jib.

The Rick
April 9th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Mario Party 2

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/box/8/6/2/197862_42466_front.jpg

Release date:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAQ9S4gb-Zk

33. (tied)
Resident Evil 2 (2 votes, 22 points)
Yoshi's Story (3 votes, 22 points)

Kunt 4 Life
April 9th, 2013, 12:38 PM
only 2 people voted for resi evil 2? A disgrace!!!!

WizoOzz
April 9th, 2013, 12:54 PM
I know I'm a bit late to the party - but F-Zero X is one of the only N64 games I still enjoy when I decide to put it in.

I own Conker's Bad Fur Day, and I just royally suck at it so I gave up and never played it again. But I still have it. If I could only get my N64 to work without freezing long enough to play it, I probably would give it a shot now that I'm a little older.

Mark Hammer
April 9th, 2013, 1:17 PM

I voted for Resident Evil 2. "Resident Evil" doesn't exist for the N64.

MichaelC
April 9th, 2013, 1:42 PM
Damn, I should have voted in this. F-Zero X is one of the greatest games ever.

Kunt 4 Life
April 9th, 2013, 5:05 PM
I voted for Resident Evil 2. "Resident Evil" doesn't exist for the N64.
Yeah, thats what i thought.
I voted for RE2, i assume thats what the Rick means when he put down RE.

Fro
April 9th, 2013, 6:55 PM
Mario Party 2

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/box/8/6/2/197862_42466_front.jpg

Release date:

Way underrated. My favorite in the series, though I only ever owned 1 and 2 and played the later versions scarcely. I always played as Wario.

The Rick
April 9th, 2013, 8:17 PM

I really didn't enjoy it on N64. The controls just weren't that great for me.

Psycho666Soldier
April 9th, 2013, 8:50 PM
Most people probably didn't for for Resident Evil 2 because they consider it more of a PSX game. That's what I did, err, would have done had I sent in a list.

Yoshi's Story was a fun game, but I don't think I would have had it on my list. Still very fun, though.

Kunt 4 Life
April 10th, 2013, 12:33 PM
I had more experience of the N64 version than the PS version so im happy enough to have it on my N64 list. Apparently it was the largest n64 cart ever, well i guess the ps version was 2 cds (wasn't it? my memory is fucked a bit).

The Rick
April 10th, 2013, 7:13 PM
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/images/6/66/Shadows-of-the-empire-cover.jpg

Developer: LucasArts
Release date: December 3, 1996

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xrvHu52zto

31. (tied)
Bomberman 64 (3 votes, 24 points)
Pokemon Stadium (3 votes, 24 points)

One Man Gang
April 10th, 2013, 8:36 PM
Oh man did I love this game. It was like actually being inside the Star Wars galaxy. Plus the story made absolute sense. Had such a blast racing swoops, running from Wampas, and flying the Outrider like it was the Falcon. Plus this might have been the first game where I noticed the Star Wars music actually sounded like Star Wars music which added all the more to the experience.

Mr. Boombastic
April 10th, 2013, 9:21 PM
Nice, I had Star Wars SOTE at #13 also, this game was alot of fun and lots of variety it was fun going from 3rd person shooter to space battles to racing in Mos Eisley. Just thinking about it makes me want to play this game again cause it is a classic.

The Doc
April 10th, 2013, 10:53 PM
I think I bloody forgot to put tha ton my list and that's one of my first memories of the N64. Man I loved that game, trying to take down the AT-ATs with that stupid tow cable. Hunting that evil bastard IG88 through the junkyard. Makes me wish they'd at least give us more games based on the expanded universe.

Aero
April 11th, 2013, 7:32 AM
Great game, one of my favorites in the early days of N64. I'm drawing a blank on the name of the level, but that one set in the canyon/mountains with Boba Fett at the end was epic. The stage itself was significantly longer than others, and the battles with Boba Fett, himself, and Slave I were always tough... until you discover the trick of crouching directly below the ship and shooting.

Never liked the sewer level, though.

Dreyski
April 11th, 2013, 2:44 PM
Taking down AT-ATs with the tow cable was awesome, but unfortunately that was the highlight of the game. The rest of it seemed...bitty. There were running around levels, riding on a speeder bike level (bloody frustrating), and space-shooter levels, but they all linked together fairly poorly. Ironic, because the actual story fleshed out a lot of the gaps between Empire and Jedi (even if Dash Rendar was a stupid name).

The Rick
April 11th, 2013, 6:49 PM
WCW/nWo Revenge

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/3509/647281-wcwnworevenge_na.jpg

Developed by: Asmik Ace Entertainment, AKI Corporation
Release date: October 26, 1998

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z4Ax1laeCg

Defrost
April 11th, 2013, 7:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rtGtDyT.jpg

One of these is not like the others. One of these does not belong.

The Rick
April 11th, 2013, 9:25 PM

I know. I think Hogan is pointing him out too.

The Doc
April 12th, 2013, 2:13 AM
And you're wrong. I only see one guy hear with glasses and a headband.

JP
April 12th, 2013, 5:16 AM

I think you might be forgetting how incredibly over Raven was in WCW.

mr sabu
April 12th, 2013, 5:59 AM
well raven did have his flock in that game

fucking heroin addict kidman

Psycho666Soldier
April 12th, 2013, 7:10 AM
While I know he was insinuating Raven, really...none of these 4 fit together, except for Hogan and Nash due to alignment. Sort of an interesting observation.

JP
April 12th, 2013, 7:21 AM
While I know he was insinuating Raven, really...none of these 4 fit together, except for Hogan and Nash due to alignment. Sort of an interesting observation.

Hogan and Nash for the NWO, fingerpoke of doom etc
Hogan and Goldberg for the Georgia Dome
Nash and Goldberg for the end of the streak
Raven and Goldberg for the US Championship

Loads of connections there bab.

Psycho666Soldier
April 12th, 2013, 7:23 AM
Hogan and Nash for the NWO, fingerpoke of doom etc
Hogan and Goldberg for the Georgia Dome
Nash and Goldberg for the end of the streak
Raven and Goldberg for the US Championship

Loads of connections there bab.

I was thinking of taking it more at face value rather than how many times the people had fought. Though, it's kind of stupid observation now that I've been over-analyzing it. Excuse me, I'm tired.

JP
April 12th, 2013, 7:41 AM
I was thinking of taking it more at face value rather than how many times the people had fought. Though, it's kind of stupid observation now that I've been over-analyzing it. Excuse me, I'm tired.

:D

All been there.

Anaconda Sniper
April 12th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Hell yeah this was my favorite wrestling game forever until THQ started doing WWF games. I had this game at number 8. Huge roster, great AI, and great controls/moves.

The Rick
April 12th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Star Fox 64

http://www.videogameobsession.com/videogame/n64boxes/n64-StarFox64.jpg

Director: Takao Shimizu
Writer: Mitsuhiro Takano
Release date: April 27, 1997

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU-a6ZkF0io

Anaconda Sniper
April 12th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Played that game once..and was totally confused. Never played it again haha.

Psycho666Soldier
April 12th, 2013, 10:27 PM
I love everything about Starfox 64. An excellent game that never gets old. The level of challenge is incredible, and I love that finding the secret paths through the levels and triggering special events lead to more difficult paths. Little touches like that made this game a bit deeper than most would expect at surface value. Great game. I might have to fire it up later this week now that I'm talking about it.

Mr. Boombastic
April 12th, 2013, 11:45 PM
The single player was phenomenal and the multiplayer was really fun when it came out with one of the first games on the system to utilyze the 4 player capability (this was pre Goldeneye). Anybody that plays this once can remember at least this, Slippy is really annoying and Falco is just an asshole!

The Doc
April 13th, 2013, 2:16 AM
I loved Falco ever since the first time that I found the backdoor to Venom. I was about to die and BLAM "You're not taking him today!" Suddenly a 4 on 2 fight became a 2 on 1 fight in a matter of seconds. It was fucking awesome.

G-Fresh
April 13th, 2013, 2:17 AM
I dominated the fuck out of that game.

Vice
April 13th, 2013, 2:54 AM
I loved Star Fox 64. Was never great at the single player, but I was good enough to squeak my way to the later stages before I'd get pulverized.

Great graphics at the time, RUMBLE PACK, fantastic soundtrack, lots of variety, secrets, Star Wolf and the gang, that stage that's like Independence Day, fun bosses,..

And the multiplayer. Man oh man. This was about 40 times better than it had any right to be. It also caused my brother to beat me senseless a few times when I obliterated him and his friends. I don't know what it was about the multiplayer, but it was the most intense 4 player experience for all my friends and I, my brother and his friends, etc. Whenever any of us played, our faces would be glued to the screen. No talking at any point during a match aside from a "fuck" here and there when killed. 100% focus at all times from everyone. And when the match finished, then it was time to trash talk, stretch, and most importantly, breathe. Every other multiplayer game I've played, there's always been plenty of time for talking shit and remaining fairly casual about it all.

But Star Fox, man. Serious. Fucking. Business.

Speaking of multiplayer, I really wanted to unlock the tank and runner, but was never good enough to earn a single medal anywhere. My brother's friend was brilliant at single player (while only being pretty good at multiplayer, thankfully), so young Vice gave him $5 to unlock that shit for me. Part of me felt bad about it, but it was so fucking worth it for the amount of fun I had. And now that I'm looking back... spending $5 to unlock more multiplayer options? No wonder I'm not so upset by most DLC (big fuck you to Capcom, though), as I started paying for extra shit at 12 years old.

DO A BARREL ROLL

Kunt 4 Life
April 13th, 2013, 5:36 AM
Star Fox was fantatstic. Toyying with the idea of picking up the 3ds version sometime soon. Anyone know if theres much difference or extras?

Dreyski
April 13th, 2013, 7:30 AM
Loved this game. The only way to improve it would be to get the SNES music for the first level. And about how long did it take for Slippy to get into trouble? 10 seconds?

The Rick
April 13th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Super Smash Bros.

http://dazcooke.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/super-smash-bros-boxart.jpg

Developed by: HAL Laboratory
Director: Masahiro Sakurai
Producers: Hiroaki Suga, Satoru Iwata, Kenji Miki, Shigeru Miyamoto
Release date: January 21, 1999
Number of votes: 14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnNz7_o39yI

Dreyski
April 13th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Ahahaha, never seen the box art before - Fox 'biffing' Samus :lol:

A fantastic game to play with friends, but the single player mode was depressing.

Fro
April 13th, 2013, 12:39 PM
I played Super Smash Bros at friends' houses but never owned it myself. It was a fun game and I think it made my list towards the bottom. 4-player gameplay on the 64 was the #1 appeal of the system and this game was one of those staple 4-player titles.

I did own Melee which I consider the best in the series and one of my all time favorite multiplayer games. Many many many hours playing that one.

Psycho666Soldier
April 13th, 2013, 12:52 PM
I could probably go on forever about Super Smash Bros. This one game launched one of my top favorite video game series. When it comes to 4-Player Game experiences, I feel hardly anything compares to Super Smash Bros. Mario Party was great fun, but this took it to another level. Who would have thought of a great Video-Game-Mash-Up like this? I had a group of friends that always got together to play Mario Party and the few other N64 games that had the best multiplayer capabilities, but once Super Smash Bros. came out...the cartridge hardly left the system.

The Rick
April 13th, 2013, 1:04 PM
It's the game that killed playing the wrestling games amomgst my friends. I used to begrudge it a bit back those days, but great game. I would agree that the GameCube version was superior, but hell Melee made ownimg a GameCube almost mandatory amongst gamers.

Psycho666Soldier
April 13th, 2013, 1:06 PM
I would personally argue that Brawl is the better entry, as its the same game with more stuff. Just a handful of unimportant characters not included(though i wish Mewtwo stuck around). That being said, Melee is probably THE entry when it comes to the series. I could understand why people are apprehensive about Brawl.

Vice
April 13th, 2013, 1:53 PM
I could probably go on forever about Super Smash Bros. This one game launched one of my top favorite video game series. When it comes to 4-Player Game experiences, I feel hardly anything compares to Super Smash Bros. Mario Party was great fun, but this took it to another level. Who would have thought of a great Video-Game-Mash-Up like this? I had a group of friends that always got together to play Mario Party and the few other N64 games that had the best multiplayer capabilities, but once Super Smash Bros. came out...the cartridge hardly left the system.

This is pretty much exactly the same with me. Though the switch was from Goldeneye/Star Fox to Smash.

--

My only real problem with the series is that while there are so many different characters to be, I was always way too goddamn good as Link to play as most others. Like, every night would start off with me playing as Link and never losing a game for the first two hours or so, even if they all ganged up on me. So then they'd get fed up with it and make me switch to someone else, which for me was generally Pikachu. I'd only win like 80% of the time with that stupid vermin, but they all hated losing to Pikachu (I was also fairly cheap and amazing at staying alive.. but that is Pikachu) so they would ban me from using him too. So then I'd play as someone else and I would not be very good. They'd do all kinds of trash talking and make fun of me for being so terrible. Well of course I'm terrible when you ban everyone I'm good with. So then when I had enough, I'd play my last game with Link as a giant fuck you to them, and I'd just demolish them. With 5 lives each, I'd generally lose 2-3 of mine taking away 15 of theirs. So that'd be my mic drop/middle finger/SUCK IT moment.

This same sort of thing happened with Melee as well. Too good as Link. As nights would go on, everyone else would get more and more lives, handicaps would be screwed with more and more, and then I'd get banned from using Link. Banned from using Pikachu. Banned from using Falco. Banned from using Sheik. Banned from using MewTwo...

Smash is so good. I'm really glad to see it in the top 10, but I was hoping it'd have a higher placement. Ultimate party game.

Psycho666Soldier
April 13th, 2013, 2:09 PM
This is pretty much exactly the same with me. Though the switch was from Goldeneye/Star Fox to Smash.

--

My only real problem with the series is that while there are so many different characters to be, I was always way too goddamn good as Link to play as most others. Like, every night would start off with me playing as Link and never losing a game for the first two hours or so, even if they all ganged up on me. So then they'd get fed up with it and make me switch to someone else, which for me was generally Pikachu. I'd only win like 80% of the time with that stupid vermin, but they all hated losing to Pikachu (I was also fairly cheap and amazing at staying alive.. but that is Pikachu) so they would ban me from using him too. So then I'd play as someone else and I would not be very good. They'd do all kinds of trash talking and make fun of me for being so terrible. Well of course I'm terrible when you ban everyone I'm good with. So then when I had enough, I'd play my last game with Link as a giant fuck you to them, and I'd just demolish them. With 5 lives each, I'd generally lose 2-3 of mine taking away 15 of theirs. So that'd be my mic drop/middle finger/SUCK IT moment.

This same sort of thing happened with Melee as well. Too good as Link. As nights would go on, everyone else would get more and more lives, handicaps would be screwed with more and more, and then I'd get banned from using Link. Banned from using Pikachu. Banned from using Falco. Banned from using Sheik. Banned from using MewTwo...

Smash is so good. I'm really glad to see it in the top 10, but I was hoping it'd have a higher placement. Ultimate party game.

So, basically, they hated you for being good. Sounds like you just had bad friends to play with.

Vice
April 13th, 2013, 2:26 PM
Most of them were actually pretty good at the game, it's just that me + Link = murder. I can understand them wanting me to switch it up so things were more balanced, but I just didn't really appreciate the trash talk and the taunting that came with it. I'm not much of a trash talker when it comes to playing with my friends. If it's my friends and I against randoms, though, shit will be talked. Matthew and I have gotten countless death threats while playing Halo, for instance.

Matthew
April 13th, 2013, 2:46 PM
i think our xbox profile things are 85%+ on "players choose to avoid you"

and 98% of the time we don't even talk to these people. imagine if we did

Matthew
April 13th, 2013, 2:47 PM
also, i was always kirby

Matthew
April 13th, 2013, 2:48 PM
some of you may not believe this, but i am really good at talkin shit

Vice
April 13th, 2013, 2:53 PM
i think our xbox profile things are 85%+ on "players choose to avoid you"

and 98% of the time we don't even talk to these people. imagine if we did

If only I didn't sound like a lispy homosexual on Live.. or maybe them thinking they're getting demolished by a gay dude and a 12 year old girl is what sets them off.

Cewsh and I have used a bunch of throwaway accounts, and on a few of them we racked up 100% avoid. Quite the feat, really.

Matthew
April 13th, 2013, 2:54 PM
makes you wonder why jette befriended a gay dude and his 12 year old lady friend

G-Fresh
April 13th, 2013, 3:00 PM
If only I didn't sound like a lispy homosexual on Live.. or maybe them thinking they're getting demolished by a gay dude and a 12 year old girl is what sets them off.

Get a voice distorter like stalkers use.

Psycho666Soldier
April 13th, 2013, 3:08 PM
Most of them were actually pretty good at the game, it's just that me + Link = murder. I can understand them wanting me to switch it up so things were more balanced, but I just didn't really appreciate the trash talk and the taunting that came with it. I'm not much of a trash talker when it comes to playing with my friends. If it's my friends and I against randoms, though, shit will be talked. Matthew and I have gotten countless death threats while playing Halo, for instance.
Sure, for the original Smash Bros., but them banning you FROM FUCKING FALCO AND SHEIK is dumb. Not saying they are bad characters, but they're not uber. Link(or anyone with a sword) I can understand. THat's just them being bitter because you've found other characters you're good with.

Vice
April 13th, 2013, 4:14 PM
In fairness, Falco is one of the most absurdly cheap characters in any fighting game ever if used right. And trust me on this, if you played against me as Sheik, you'd want her banned too. After throwing your controller at me. I was just downright obnoxious with her.

Anaconda Sniper
April 13th, 2013, 4:34 PM
Oh yeah!! Super smash bros! I loved this game so damn much..playing it by myself or friends didn't matter...just loved it. I was always Kirby and my good friend at the time always got Pikachu and those were some epic battles.

The Doc
April 13th, 2013, 5:34 PM
Sheik is so fucking good that most tournaments were seven Sheiks and some cheeky bastard playing Fox.

Atty
April 13th, 2013, 7:08 PM
Super Smash Bros was, I thought, a darkhorse to win the whole thing. It's that one game that I can't see someone not having on their list.

mr sabu
April 13th, 2013, 9:48 PM
i can't believe how low i had smash bro on my list

The Rick
April 14th, 2013, 12:22 PM
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

http://images.wikia.com/zelda/images/d/d4/The_Legend_of_Zelda_-_Majora%27s_Mask_(North_America).png

Directors: Eiji Aonuma, Yoshiaki Koizumi
Writers: Mitsuhiro Takano, Shigeru Miyamoto, Yoshiaki Koizumi
Release date: April 27, 2000
Number of votes: 14
Highest vote: 1st

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1RrLvJ4qsA

Anaconda Sniper
April 14th, 2013, 2:39 PM
Very cool game. Made my list at number 12. I enjoyed it a lot but not as much as the ones before it.

Vice
April 14th, 2013, 4:35 PM
Majora's Mask is great, but also one of those games I haven't reaaaaally given a fair chance. I just have no idea what the fuck I'm doing in it. Ever.

Whenever I play it, I get all kinds of Castlevania II lost.

Mark Hammer
April 14th, 2013, 6:51 PM
Definitely agree with that. I have given it a few fair chances and have made a good bit of progress. But I've never sat with it through to the end. It's very easy to get turned around to the point where you have to turn it off out of frustration. And I seem to be one of the few who feel this way but I HATED the time limit element. Stop rushing me and allow me to enjoy my game.

Majora's Mask was good and held up to the Zelda name but OoT was the far superior game.

wardy
April 14th, 2013, 8:10 PM
Majora's Mask is a game I enjoyed a lot more in retrospect. When I first played it, the time limit thing annoyed the fuck out of me, I just didn't feel as free as I did in Ocarina of Time. The Bomber's Notebook was cool though.

Atty
April 14th, 2013, 9:14 PM
Majora's Mask is great, but also one of those games I haven't reaaaaally given a fair chance. I just have no idea what the fuck I'm doing in it. Ever.

Whenever I play it, I get all kinds of Castlevania II lost.

It's gloriously open-ended. One of the most fun things for me to do is go back and replay the dungeons with the different masks/abilities you get throughout the game. Really fun to destroy them in a completely different way.

The hardest thing seems to be starting for most. You get turned into something very un-Link-like right away and have to figure out what to do. Once you do, it's great. The boss fights are great, one is among my favorites in the series. Rolling around as a Goron and having to race/smash that one giant guy is so much fun and completely unique to the series.

Love this game. Not the best in the series, but my favorite on this system. Ocarina was my number two, but Majora is just so fresh that I never felt like I'd played it before. With games like Ocarina and TP, I always felt that I'd played them before. Ocarina basically lifted it's story from LttP and TP was basically a spot for spot remake of LttP with Ocarina's graphic-style and an 85 hour introduction sequence.

Ocarina had a much bigger impact, but this game was tremendous and has gone unplayed by many due to the fact that people weren't looking for something different at the time.

Defrost
April 14th, 2013, 9:32 PM
My problem with the game is once I realize all the people I helped were actually fucked since time kept resetting I got all sad.

Atty
April 14th, 2013, 9:39 PM
Until you beat the game having gotten every mask and they live happily ever after.

T.I (uh oh)
April 15th, 2013, 6:03 AM
The Bombers Notebook provided some of the best sidequests ever devised IMO. Kafei & Anju's story was superbly crafted, and in many ways surpassed the main story for me. The reward for that particular quest is shithouse - but the journey is unforgettable.
Majora's Mask is such an amazing game. The dungeons are pretty average compared to the rest of the 3D Zelda dungeons, but the world and the NPCs are genius.

Would love a 3DS remake, and would love another Zelda game with a similar time mechanic.

The Rick
April 15th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Banjo-Kazooie

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8x65rGzkF1rdyh7xo1_1280.jpg

Designer: Gregg Mayles
Release date: May 31, 1998
Number of votes: 15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuHKq5DBALg

The Doc
April 15th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Banjoo Kazooie. The first game ever where the game over screen has you wondering if you're actually fighting for the right team.

As for Majora's Mask I'm not sure I love it as a Zelda game but I think it was a grand experiment and I have no clue why we haven't gotten another game in that same general style for something else.

Kunt 4 Life
April 15th, 2013, 2:09 PM
Loved this game. It gave Mario 64 a real run for its money.

Anaconda Sniper
April 15th, 2013, 2:24 PM
Banjo Kazooie is a game I wish I owned or would have played looked so much fun. But there were other games out around that time that I picked over this to have bought for me. Really regret not ever playing as I know I would have loved it.

Vice
April 15th, 2013, 3:21 PM
I preferred Banjo Kazooie to Mario 64 back in the day, but things have flipped drastically over the past 5 years or so. I originally hated Mario 64, but now find it pretty goddamn brilliant, and Banjo Kazooie does very little for me. I still put it in my top 10 as it IS still a good game, just not my cup of tea anymore.

Dreyski
April 15th, 2013, 6:47 PM
Loved Banjo-Kazooie - the first I ever 100% completed. Probably the best game of its genre on the N64, even though we all know Mario 64 will be top #5 at least...

Vice
April 15th, 2013, 7:05 PM
If Mario 64 is not in the top 5, I will be INSANELY surprised.

I can't imagine the top 4 not being Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Goldeneye and Mario Kart, in whatever order. Possibly that order exactly. 5 and 6 is probably a really close battle between No Mercy and Perfect Dark, with No Mercy possibly getting the [somewhat huge] upset. And then 7 will probably go to WrestleMania 2000, because not enough people realize it's better than No Mercy.

Hero!
April 15th, 2013, 7:13 PM
Banjo Kazooie was AWESOME. I may still have my copy floating around.

Super Mario 64 has to 1. Never seen an N64 game that I just CAN'T find at any used game store besides Mario 64. Goldeneye & Ocarina can be tough to find too, but I've still spotted them. Never seen a Mario 64 since my sister gave away our copy back in the early 2000s :(

The Doc
April 15th, 2013, 7:40 PM
I hope you gave her the Rock Bottom.

wardy
April 15th, 2013, 9:39 PM
I can't even think of any shops that would sell old Nintendo games in the UK. I just get them all off ebay.

mr sabu
April 16th, 2013, 4:01 AM
never finished banjo kazooie... loved it though -_- rusty bucket bay was too much of a pain

loved the level with the seasons though

MikeHunt
April 16th, 2013, 4:05 AM
I can't even think of any shops that would sell old Nintendo games in the UK. I just get them all off ebay.

theres one in shawlands.

wardy
April 16th, 2013, 6:08 AM
Whereabouts?

The Rick
April 16th, 2013, 12:19 PM
WWF WrestleMania 2000

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111031153746/nintendo/en/images/3/30/WWF_WrestleMania_2000_(N64)_(NA).jpg

Release date: September 15, 2000
Number of votes: 16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LnVKKT97oM

The Doc
April 16th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Oh my god. Look at Baby Rock! Don't you just wanna pinch his cheeks and ask him when he's gonna go through puberty?

Anaconda Sniper
April 16th, 2013, 1:01 PM
This was on my list at number 7. Very fun and awesome game...one of the best wrestling games ever made.

Vice
April 16th, 2013, 5:23 PM
And then 7 will probably go to WrestleMania 2000, because not enough people realize it's better than No Mercy.

:cool:

It's amusing looking at the cover of the box. Wrestlemania 2013, The Rock was in the main event and came in as the champion, Triple H had the second biggest match, and Undertaker had the third. Big Show had the only WrestleMania "moment" of the show, really. And Foley was inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Amazing game, though. Played the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit out of it. In my opinion, it is the last truly spectacular wrestling game. But I've not played Fire Pro, and that apparently gets amazing reviews.

Fro
April 16th, 2013, 5:41 PM
I'd like to say that WM2000 was better than No Mercy but truthfully I'm not in a position to make that call since I only owned WM2000. It was the only wrestling game on 64 I ever needed.

Beer-Belly
April 16th, 2013, 5:47 PM
Played No Mercy last night with some friends and it ran just fine. The complaints on here about it are pretty ridiculously overblown.

The Doc
April 16th, 2013, 8:10 PM
No Mercy had a lot of slow down if you played it on 4 player, which might have been forgivable but both of the copies that me and my friends had, had that stupid flaw where they'd randomly erase everything and since we all had our own stable and stuff and nobody wanted to be bothered recreating everybody, every few weeks when it fucked us over again.

It had a lot of good features too but a lot of that is hard to see when all your belts are fucked and you're trying to remember what moves you gave each of your CAWs since nobody remembers Piledriver 12 from 15.

G-Fresh
April 16th, 2013, 8:13 PM
No Mercy is the shit, but it wasn't as fresh to play as WM2000.

wardy
April 16th, 2013, 9:45 PM
It's gloriously open-ended. One of the most fun things for me to do is go back and replay the dungeons with the different masks/abilities you get throughout the game. Really fun to destroy them in a completely different way.

The hardest thing seems to be starting for most. You get turned into something very un-Link-like right away and have to figure out what to do. Once you do, it's great. The boss fights are great, one is among my favorites in the series. Rolling around as a Goron and having to race/smash that one giant guy is so much fun and completely unique to the series.

Love this game. Not the best in the series, but my favorite on this system. Ocarina was my number two, but Majora is just so fresh that I never felt like I'd played it before. With games like Ocarina and TP, I always felt that I'd played them before. Ocarina basically lifted it's story from LttP and TP was basically a spot for spot remake of LttP with Ocarina's graphic-style and an 85 hour introduction sequence.

Ocarina had a much bigger impact, but this game was tremendous and has gone unplayed by many due to the fact that people weren't looking for something different at the time.
I played this tonight for the first time in ages and for some reason my save file had me nearly at the beginning of the game, when you first turn back into Link. Don't remember starting again but whatever. I went straight to the swamp to get cracking and immediately remembered how much I fucking HATE that whole part of the game. I dunno why, I just can't stand the swamp or the dungeon that comes with it, and because its the first one and therefore, the one I'm most familiar with, it kind of lowers the enjoyment of the game for me.

wardy
April 16th, 2013, 9:49 PM
Wrestlemania 2000 was amazing, I got it for Christmas '99 and still have belts saved from 2000 on my game. It was ridiculously hard and unforgiving at times though. What game nowadays would have you achieve a 100% record in the season mode, only for them to take the title off you for no reason right before the end.

stylepoints
April 16th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Played No Mercy last night with some friends and it ran just fine. The complaints on here about it are pretty ridiculously overblown.

Some copies had issues with memory loss and glitches and some didn't. There were two versions released.

The Rick
April 16th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Wrestlemania 2000 was amazing, I got it for Christmas '99 and still have belts saved from 2000 on my game. It was ridiculously hard and unforgiving at times though. What game nowadays would have you achieve a 100% record in the season mode, only for them to take the title off you for no reason right before the end.

Yea I remeber the cage match towards the end of the story moed was a real bitch to win.

Mark Hammer
April 17th, 2013, 9:15 AM
I played this tonight for the first time in ages and for some reason my save file had me nearly at the beginning of the game, when you first turn back into Link. Don't remember starting again but whatever. I went straight to the swamp to get cracking and immediately remembered how much I fucking HATE that whole part of the game. I dunno why, I just can't stand the swamp or the dungeon that comes with it, and because its the first one and therefore, the one I'm most familiar with, it kind of lowers the enjoyment of the game for me.

Yeah, the dungeon sequence in the swamp was awful. I hated playing Deku Link, he was garbage on every level.

Beer-Belly
April 17th, 2013, 9:28 AM
Some copies had issues with memory loss and glitches and some didn't. There were two versions released.

It was odd; I got my copy on release day, but I never had a problem with the memory deletion.

The storyline mode is what makes No Mercy for me. Mowing through the Attitude era was killer.

The Doc
April 17th, 2013, 2:12 PM
Story mode was kinda what killed it for me. That's one thing that while I understand why they do it I'll never like in wrestling games (atleast without the option to turn it off) I like that WM2000 treated wrestling like an actual sport. If you were kicking ass you could pick up the belt right after King of the Ring and if you were losing all the time you wouldn't even get shots at the lower belts. Hell I even liked the older games where you started off doing house shows and had to earn your way onto Heat/Velocity and then to Raw and Smackdown (pre-brandsplit) and then work your way up from there.

stylepoints
April 17th, 2013, 2:16 PM
There is a blue and a gray cartridge version. I believe the blue came out first. Not certain on that. The whole thing is odd, really. I think the original version was fine while the second release had the bugs. Again, I'm not sure on that but I remember selling the game, buying it again and having it erase all my data constantly, returning it and having the same exact issue with a new.copy.

The Rick
April 17th, 2013, 7:54 PM
Perfect Dark

http://www.dailyraider.com/vg/nintendo/perfectdark/boxart.jpg
PAL box art
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/32/Perfect_dark_box.jpg/250px-Perfect_dark_box.jpg
Japanese box art
http://kusogedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/perfect_dark_japanese_ad.jpg

Director: Martin Hollis
Designers: Duncan Botwood, David Doak, Chris Tilston, Keith Rabbette, Mark Edmonds
Release date: May 22, 2000
Number of votes: 17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuGZ2n6VcYQ

Psycho666Soldier
April 17th, 2013, 8:09 PM
Never played this game. Not sure if I'd ever bother to since I rarely like FPS games.

mr sabu
April 17th, 2013, 9:54 PM
amazing game.. name needs to be changed to

get the farsight first or your fucked

Anaconda Sniper
April 17th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Never played or heard of this game. I wouldn't bother anyways hate first person.

The Rick
April 17th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Never played or heard of this game. I wouldn't bother anyways hate first person.

It was the natural progression of the GoldenEye game. If you weren't burnt out on GoldenEye, you picked this up and went on and had a good time.

William
April 18th, 2013, 6:36 AM
I loved playing both Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy but yeah I'm one of those that did prefer No Mercy over WM2K. While WM2K is a great game, No Mercy did have a better season mode (branching stories), more customization, backstage areas, better graphics, so on and so forth. I did miss the entrances from WM2K though.

Perfect Dark... I put that as #1 on my own list because it's truly one of the most amazing FPS ever made, as far as multiplayer goes. I did enjoy the single-player aspects but MP is where it shined. Massive fun. I thought the MP was tons better than Goldeneye 007 myself. I know of quite a few people that still play it even now. Now if only Perfect Dark Zero had been made properly. :|

Mark Hammer
April 18th, 2013, 9:38 AM
Not sure how anyone could have never heard of Perfect Dark. Spiritual successor to one of the most popular games of all time, this was one of the games I spent the most time playing.

The Doc
April 18th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Perfect Dark came out practically after the N64 was dead. It didn't get a whole lot of advertising either which doesn't take away from it being an excellent game it's just I can see how someone didn't know about it. If it weren't so dated I would tell the people who haven't played it to give it a try even if you hate FPS. It's one of those games like Goldeneye before it and Halo after it that changes minds and appeals even to people who aught hate the ever loving shit out of it.

And yeah, get the Farsight or suffer. But thanks to custom weapons and custom weapon locations it's easy enough to ban the Farsight. I used to hate hand to hand (how has that not come back since then?!) I used to slap my friends around until they had to turn from the screen to keep from getting nausious from the screen. And those bouncing black grenades and poison darts. Vomit inducing.

The Rick
April 18th, 2013, 12:44 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw0zy0sdjo1r301pko1_400.jpg
WWF No Mercy

http://pics.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1132183806-00.jpg

Release date: November 17, 2000
Number of votes: 18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-UMVAXB-D8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkXrqyx5Bu0

Kunt 4 Life
April 18th, 2013, 12:58 PM
They dont make em like they used to.

Vice
April 18th, 2013, 1:53 PM
5 and 6 is probably a really close battle between No Mercy and Perfect Dark, with No Mercy possibly getting the [somewhat huge] upset. And then 7 will probably go to WrestleMania 2000, because not enough people realize it's better than No Mercy.

So far so good. :cool:

C'moooooon Mario Kart.

Dreyski
April 18th, 2013, 2:15 PM
Perfect Dark took everything that made Goldeneye great and turned it up to 11. You needed the expansion pack to get more than 2 player, quarter-screen action, but my word, you were rewarded for it. Secondary fire modes on the guns, different AI bots (the Darksim was just ridiculous), the firing range and equipment challenges in the Carrington Institute... Admittedly, the story was weaker than Goldeneye, but they did what they could without the Bond name.

Only played No Mercy twice, the first time my cartidge was one of the fucked up ones that deleted everything, playing on an emulator was much more stable but the difficulty is just insane. Playing through the European championship storyline was piss easy until you got a 'must-win' handicap match against Farooq and Bradshaw :nono: . Same with the hardcore storyline, I couldn't lose a match if I tried, until I got to Mick Foley at Wrestlemania and barely lasted past 5 minutes each time :mad:

Mark Hammer
April 18th, 2013, 3:03 PM
Both of the WWF wrestling titles were better than Mario Kart 64.