PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesnar vs Triple H

Hero!
March 20th, 2013, 2:24 PM
Not sure about anyone else, but this is my second-most anticipated match this year. Since my CM Punk vs Taker thread drummed up enough interest, I figured we should have one for this match too.

Tale of the tape! In one corner we have:

Triple H

http://www.thegreatindiankhali.com/triple-h/images/1_665905128l.jpg

WWE Executive Vice President of Talent & Live Events
8-time WWE Champion
5-time World Heavyweight Champion
Former IC, European, World & WWE tag team champion
Other notable Accomplishments: 1997 King of the Ring, 2002 Royal Rumble winner
The Game, Cerebral Assassin, King of Kings

Finishing Move(s): Pedigree

And in the other corner!

Brock Lesnar

http://cdn.actionrecon.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/brock-lesnar-heavyweight-champion.jpg

Multi-sport athlete
3-time WWE Champion
1-time IWGP Champion
1-time UFC Heavyweight Champion
Other notable Accomplishments: 2002 King of the Ring, 2003 Royal Rumble winner
The Next Big Thing, The Beast

Finishing move(s): F-5, Kimura Lock

In their second big match of the last year, can Triple H defeat the man who twice broke his arm or will Brock Lesnar once again come out on top?

Hero!
March 20th, 2013, 2:26 PM
My money is on THE GAME, TRIPLE H besting lesnar by making him tap to a crossface in 14 minutes. DO IT KING OF KINGS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0vCqEgarBY&bpctr=1363804613

One Man Gang
March 20th, 2013, 3:24 PM
I will go with Brock Lesnar because I don't put it past Triple H to want to headline the WrestleMania 30 Hall of Fame class. Plus after Brock, there's nobody left that HHH hasn't faced or big enough for a Mania match. Punk will never get that win back.

Mark Hammer
March 20th, 2013, 3:55 PM
I have a feeling Triple H will win. Not really happy about it though.

Andy
March 20th, 2013, 3:59 PM
All the signs point to Trips winning, really can't see anything else. No way is he done in the ring yet so my money is on a Trips win. I see it going along the same lines as Cena/Lesnar at Extreme Rules in some vague effort to keep Brock looking strong until Trips eventually Pedigrees him through a table for the win or something.

chatty
March 20th, 2013, 4:03 PM
It will probably be a good match now its NHB. The build just doesn't grip me at all though.

I'm going for a brock win simply because if he loses then they are going to have a hard time making him look meaningful in his three matches in the next year considering his first year back has been relatively disastrous.

It really won't surprise me if HHH wins though, even though that would be terrible booking.

Andy
March 20th, 2013, 4:04 PM
I kind of wouldn't be surprised to see Brock end up as a face over the next year.

Anaconda Sniper
March 20th, 2013, 4:27 PM
Voted for Lesnar but I can see it going either way. At this point I can see HHH wanting to retire..hes done it all..wrestled them all. So it makes sense but then I can see him winning and just doing a match at Mania for the next couple years until finally hanging it up.

Tainted Eclipse
March 20th, 2013, 4:51 PM
does anyone really have any idea how involved brock is slated to be with wwe for the next year? i know rock/brock for wm30 is a credible rumor, and if thats the case i really think he should win here. after the cena loss he needs convincing wins against huge stars if they want to build him into the unstoppable monster they're going to want him to be. the consequences of the cena win arent so bad, because if he's gonna stick around for any period of time cena/brock rematch after brock has beaten everyone else is a hot angle, but him losing 2 out of 3 of his matches post-return is a bit much.

turdpower
March 20th, 2013, 5:16 PM
I'd bet my house on Triple H winning. Retirement matches obviously don't mean that they will stop forever (See Mick Foley), but why on earth would HHH actively stop wrestling now? Especially one year before the biggest WWE event in WM30, he's in great shape and still puts in good performances.

Brock beat him at Summerslam, this is the return match where HHH gets revenge.

Nothing about this even suggests a Brock win.

VHS
March 20th, 2013, 5:30 PM
On one end I picture HHH beating Brock Lesnar because he feels like he needs to get his win back after last year, but on the other I see HHH losing just so he can have his Ric Flair walk. The guy has contributed a huge amount these past few years, but there are still times where he just wants to stand in the ring so the fans can kiss his backside like he's the biggest legend in the history of epic legends.

JP
March 20th, 2013, 5:34 PM
I'd bet my house on Triple H winning. Retirement matches obviously don't mean that they will stop forever (See Mick Foley), but why on earth would HHH actively stop wrestling now? Especially one year before the biggest WWE event in WM30, he's in great shape and still puts in good performances.

About as spot on as it's possible to get.

chatty
March 20th, 2013, 5:37 PM
Retirement matches don't really mean much though. If they want to come back they just will. Its like the loser gets sacked match which just sees them re-instated a few months later.

Cewsh
March 20th, 2013, 5:38 PM
On one end I picture HHH beating Brock Lesnar because he feels like he needs to get his win back after last year, but on the other I see HHH losing just so he can have his Ric Flair walk. The guy has contributed a huge amount these past few years, but there are still times where he just wants to stand in the ring so the fans can kiss his backside like he's the biggest legend in the history of epic legends.

Basing this on what, exactly?

Beer-Belly
March 20th, 2013, 6:03 PM
Well, he tried it after losing at Summerslam, but the fans didn't buy it. He tried it again at Raw with better results.

mth
March 20th, 2013, 7:16 PM

This, basically.

Mark Hammer
March 20th, 2013, 7:21 PM
I agree with chatty in that Triple H going over Brock is terrible booking. But I can't see it playing out any other way. I don't think they'd be wrestling in the first place if it weren't for Triple H or someone backstage wanting him to get his win back.

Beer-Belly
March 20th, 2013, 7:25 PM
Brock can still slaughter him after the match.

It just takes a ton of suspension of disbelief to buy that an aged Triple H could stand a chance against a legit farm boy strong maniac like Brock Lesnar.

mth
March 20th, 2013, 7:27 PM
But he's the KING OF KINGS THE GAME THE CEREBRAL ASSASSIN THE DEMON HAS BEEN UNLEASHED FROM WITHIN HIM. And there's skulls and hammers everywhere.

Vice
March 20th, 2013, 7:53 PM
I will only accept Triple H winning if he wrestles the entire match in his Shao Kahn outfit.

Brian M.
March 20th, 2013, 7:57 PM
The retirement stip would normally signal that Trips is losing, but it's hard for me to imagine that his last match would be against Lesnar. Then again, this could lead to him trying to build an army of guys to knock Lesnar off of his pedestal, which would be awesome. Also the guys I would see him wanting to have his last match against (Michaels, Flair and Taker) all aren't really options for one reason or another.

I would fully predict a Triple H win, but I also wouldn't be completely shocked if they went the other way considering they still want Lesnar to be a viable draw over the next year. Triple H beating him would pretty well negate that.

McBain
March 21st, 2013, 4:39 AM
Blatantly a Triple H win.

Spectacularly poor decision it is too.