PDA

View Full Version : JUST FOR FUNSIES: Which member for the Shield will win the WWE/World title first?

turdpower
March 19th, 2013, 6:00 PM
I'm assuming by the time they might; then only one title will exist.

VOTE INNIT.

Cewsh
March 19th, 2013, 6:02 PM
Roman Reigns, by about a decade.

chatty
March 19th, 2013, 6:07 PM
Its a tough one. They all have different strengths which they can play on. I'm guessing Rollins will turn face as soon as they break the group so i can see him taking a longer route to the title.

Then I guess on how they play their cards with Ambrose and Reigns. Reigns could easily play the big bad heel or face but his promos aren't great and that could hold him back. he's not terrible but I think he has a lot to work on.

Ambrose could easily burst quickly if he is booked right but I think it will take him a few years before they give him the strap. He's most likely to play the loner tweener character so I could see him end up a bit like Foley in that he is always in the mix but it takes a while to get the title.

I'm gonna go with Reigns but for both Ambrose and Rollins to have a better overall career than him.

chatty
March 19th, 2013, 6:09 PM
Saying that if you had asked the same question about Nexus a few years ago I don;t think I would have picked Bryan, despite him being my favourite out of the group so who knows!

One Man Gang
March 19th, 2013, 6:14 PM
I'll be a wild card and say Seth Rollins.

Beer-Belly
March 19th, 2013, 6:30 PM
Because he's big? I like Reigns and I think he's got a big future ahead of him, but he doesn't have the skill of Rollins or the it factor of Ambrose. He's big and intense, but he has the longest to go out of the three.

Ambrose will end up being such a great heel that they'll turn him babyface. Rollins will end up being a Cena/Punk hybrid and women and kids will love him. Reigns will probably get pushed too fast because "FUCK IT HE'S BIG" and it will probably end up hurting him in the long run.

Cewsh
March 19th, 2013, 6:32 PM
You're absolutely right. I'm not saying it's the right decision to make Reigns first, but Rollins will be lucky to sniff the main event as a singles wrestler, Ambrose is going to need to get over enough on his own that WWE has to push him that far, and all Reigns has to do is not fuck up.

Beer-Belly
March 19th, 2013, 6:46 PM
I can't imagine Ambrose having any trouble getting over on his own.

How would Rollins be "lucky to sniff the main event"? Do you mean being the first or for his entire career? Rollins will definitely be a main event player at some point.

Cewsh
March 19th, 2013, 6:51 PM
I can't imagine Ambrose having any trouble getting over on his own.

How would Rollins be "lucky to sniff the main event"? Do you mean being the first or for his entire career? Rollins will definitely be a main event player at some point.

Punk had a lot of trouble with getting over on his own until his gimmick really clicked a few years in. Actually making it to main event level is a complicated thing that very few people actually manage to do, whether they deserve to or not. Rollins will have a ton of trouble because he has trouble carrying a promo by himself, and his style isn't unique enough to make him stand out.

This isn't me burying them. Seriously, look how long it took CM Punk to really make it as a top player. None of these guys is CM Punk.

Beer-Belly
March 19th, 2013, 6:57 PM
It took so long for Punk because the "agents" were dickheads trying to spite Heyman. Even though it took him a bit, the crowds still cheered him despite the fact he was a watered down version of himself.

Sparky
March 19th, 2013, 6:57 PM
Someone, somewhere, clearly has a lot of hope for Seth Rollins. I hope its Ambrose, but I see it being Rollins. I just do not see the appeal of Reigns.

Now, if it were LUTHER, that would've been a different story.

Cewsh
March 19th, 2013, 7:00 PM
It took so long for Punk because the "agents" were dickheads trying to spite Heyman. Even though it took him a bit, the crowds still cheered him despite the fact he was a watered down version of himself.

It took him years after he had left ECW behind before he broke the glass ceiling. He won the World title a few times, but he was never a real main eventer. It was always treated like a fluke. Rollins or Ambrose might get that before Reigns, but the odds are they'll see Reigns as the safer bet.

chatty
March 19th, 2013, 7:01 PM
I think Rollins has been improving his promo's lately. he's never going to be as good as Punk or the likes but I think he can get to a level where he can hold his own. Once he goes face he will get pushed as an underdog type and won't need to be that great on the mic anyway.

It will still take him a while to get to that level anyway though as he'll have to get over through having good matches and building the crowd on his side and as a face who hasn't got the greatest look I think it will take him a lot longer. The other two have different things going on for them that will make them stand out faster.

Mark Hammer
March 19th, 2013, 7:34 PM
Went with Reigns. He has a very "Batista" vibe about him.

Ochoa
March 19th, 2013, 7:42 PM
I'd been hearing about Ambrose for a while before they debuted. I think he has the most potential.

Mills
March 19th, 2013, 7:44 PM
I honestly think all 3 will be world champ at some point, but I think it'll be...

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_bio/public/talent/bio/2012/10/seth_rollins_bio.png

He's a good seller and can get over as an underdog face character.

mr sabu
March 19th, 2013, 7:50 PM
it will be the mysterious yet unrevealed generico

mth
March 19th, 2013, 9:02 PM
Went with Reigns. He has a very "Batista" vibe about him.
This is exactly what I was thinking. Wouldn't be surprised to see his career take a similar path.

Brian M.
March 19th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Ambrose definitely has the best all around skill set, and I feel like he will be World Champion some day. But Reigns probably gets to that level first. He's impressed me way more than I thought I would based on reports I had heard about him. He's got the intensity that's needed for a guy his size, he gets his point across on the mic, and he seems capable in the ring. Though I suppose we won't truly know on that last part until he busts out into singles competition.

Rollins I see being more of a mid-card guy who occasionally sneaks his way into main events and wrestles a bunch of really good 15 minute matches on Smackdown. He's a very reliable guy to have around who will get other guys over and keep the fans attention in the middle of the card. But I can't see him being a big star. He just doesn't have the charisma or mic skills to draw the crowd in to a money feud. Daniel Bryan is a much better wrestler and has tons more charisma, and even he probably won't ever be a consistent main eventer. But that's fine. WWE needs guys like this. It's why it was so fun in the early 2000's when you had guys like Jericho, Benoit and Guerrero running about having fun matches and sometimes stepping up to face the big guns.

Morrison
March 19th, 2013, 11:36 PM

it took punk so long not only because of behind the scenes politics or snubs. he genuinely was a pretty mediocre character until he turned heel on jeff hardy a couple years into things. i loved him for so many reasons, but i didn't feel like he deserved to be in the main event until that program with jeff.

Vice
March 19th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Like many, I think Reigns will likely get the belt first if any of them ever do. He will likely Batista himself out of the group and make fans beg for him to get a big push.

Ideally I'd like to see Reigns and Rollins both start turning semi-face many months in the future while Ambrose is still definitely a heel. Reigns breaks off in a big way, while Rollins sticks around with Dean because he's not quite sure he wants to leave, despite all evidence that he should. See: most relationships. So Dean is obviously pissed the Reigns left, but it's ok because he still has Rollins by his side. Without Reigns, they just aren't the complete machine they once were. They can't quite do the beatdowns they used to do. They have trouble winning matches. The two have a very shaky partnership because Dean just keeps getting more and more pissed off and crazy, and takes it all out on Rollins throughout. This makes Ambrose all the more heelish, while building a lot of sympathy for Rollins. Fans will salivate over when Rollins finally has had enough and goes crazy on Dean.

When it's finally time to pull that trigger, we go to one of two options:

1) if the crowd is SUPER HOT about Rollins turning and he's consistently got enough heat to potentially make it out on his own, then have him beat the shit out of Ambrose to turn face, then give him a win over Ambrose at the following PPV to make a statement.

2) if the crowd is kinda lukewarm about Rollins when he turns face, have Dean knock him the fuck out to get him off screen until the next PPV. During that PPV, Rollins can return and cost Dean the match. See what happens.

Ambrose and Rollins are perfect for each other as far as talent goes. Them having a long storyline followed by a big feud could be the thing that reaaaaaaaaally solidifies them as top performers.

Kev
March 20th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Yeah I'd agree with Morri, he was quite decent, but it was only during the feud with Jeff that he was really beginning to look like he could hang in the Main Event scene.

That aside I'd still like to go with Ambrose irrespective of Reigns charisma and size, he's just very entertaining in and outside of the ring from the little that I've seen. That said, he could quite as easily go into Ziggler's spot and be another borderline Main Eventer...

mr sabu
March 20th, 2013, 12:11 AM
Ambrose wins all the belts in one match and destroys them all( divas and even the titles they no longer use ) leaving us with no champions

turdpower
May 21st, 2013, 5:06 PM
Jacknife and stylepoints are mental.

Believe in The Shield.

Bennedy
May 21st, 2013, 5:16 PM
Have you had funsies bumping all your Just For Funsies threads?

turdpower
May 21st, 2013, 5:19 PM
Well they all seem to have moved on a bit, haven't they?

JP
May 21st, 2013, 5:34 PM
Look, Rollins is good, but anybody thinking he'll get anywhere near one of the main belts probably needs to lay off the sauce for a while.

Psycho666Soldier
May 21st, 2013, 8:18 PM
Ambrose. Every opportunity, he's doing something different to make himself seem appealing. Remember when The Shield first came about? They were hinting at the idea of Reigns being the actual "leader," but since Dean faced Taker, they've been pushing him hard. And in each match, not only does he deliver, he changes it up! He does submissions and shit we haven't seen often in WWE, he has the facial expressions, and he commands the mic. Now, he's the one they chose to get the first singles title, and he's essentially been pinned as the leader and driving force of the group. It strongly feels like them warming up to him and realizing how much more valuable he is on all fronts, because he ALWAYS delivers.

This isn't to cut down Reigns or Rollins, but Dean just excels. If it's not Dean, definitely Reigns, but I think Ambrose is about to really take off.

DDT
May 21st, 2013, 9:29 PM
I'm going to go with "none". I've seen Rollins left on his own, and is a terrifyingly mediocre thing. Dean Ambrose just strikes me as one of those guys who should be amazing and is just okay. Put a gun to my head I would reluctantly say that Reigns stands out the most, but he's almost as awkward during his promos as Rollins. At least he doesn't spear like a sissy *coughEdgecough*

It is honestly frightening how well these three compliment each other, showcasing their strengths while hiding (or at least supporting) their flaws. But I just don't see any of the three reaching World title status any time soon.

Now watch one of them win a world title by December and smear egg all over my face.

Psycho666Soldier
May 21st, 2013, 11:26 PM
Who said anything about soon?

Beer-Belly
May 21st, 2013, 11:31 PM
If none of them win a major title at some point then I give up.

DDT
May 22nd, 2013, 7:37 AM
Who said anything about soon?

It was a figure of speech bro; I stand by my "never-ever."

Psycho666Soldier
May 22nd, 2013, 9:50 PM
It was a figure of speech bro; I stand by my "never-ever."

I was just being a semantic dick anyway. Still, I firmly disagree with Ambrose. He's always on-point and is constantly improving his performance to make sure he shines against so many different opponents. He'll get there.

Kimura Kid
June 6th, 2013, 2:32 PM
WWE just threw up a poll asking.....Which member of The Shield is most likely to win a World Title first?46% - Roman Reigns

13% - Seth Rollins

41% - Dean Ambrose

Poor Rollins.....Honeslty expected Ambrose to be #1 in the eyes of the casuals. Makes me wonder if the casuals view Reigns as the guy with the most potential.

Vice
June 6th, 2013, 2:37 PM
They just see him as the brute, and think power = better.

JP
June 6th, 2013, 2:38 PM
Reigns is the muscle of the group, I'd have expected him to win the poll by some distance.

The fact he hasn't just shows how well Ambrose is doing.

Edit - Seconds Vice, seconds. :shakefist:

turdpower
June 6th, 2013, 2:38 PM
I work for WWE's web team. Sorry guys, should have mentioned that.

Cewsh
June 6th, 2013, 3:06 PM
Pretty smart of the voters, honestly. They're entirely right.

Kimura Kid
June 6th, 2013, 3:10 PM
Agreed. That's what suprized me.

FaSho34
June 6th, 2013, 3:26 PM
Pretty smart of the voters, honestly. They're entirely right.

Especially considering Reigns would be the most believable choice to go for the title first since he does have a size and strength advantage. I just think the voters were being realistic. Obviously, Reigns will not be the first to win a singles title, in fact, I think he will be the last, but he'll definitely be the first WWE/World Champ.

Cewsh
June 6th, 2013, 3:44 PM
Yep. Ambrose, and maybe even Rollins, will get there in time. But they need careful building. You could stick Reigns in a main event one month from now if he smashed people every week from here to there.

BullyRayStoleMyLunch
June 6th, 2013, 3:50 PM
Given the parameters of the question, WWE having one top title, I picked Ambrose.

However, were there still to be two, I could see Reigns getting there just a nose ahead: Having the physique, and being Smackdown's champ, so being taped gives him just a little more "leeway" than Raw.

Basically, given the time, I feel he could assume the Batista mid-2000s role on SD.

VHS
June 6th, 2013, 3:57 PM
I'm putting in my vote... ROMAN REIGNS.

Tainted Eclipse
March 29th, 2015, 11:31 PM
take that, poll

Caito
March 30th, 2015, 12:16 AM
Is it too late to vote? :shifty:

mr sabu
March 30th, 2015, 12:21 AM
not if anyones seen the poll reasults before the topic got bumped and people saw the results

turdpower
March 31st, 2015, 1:10 PM
DDT, Jacknife, stylepoints

The stupidest guesses of all.

Donald
March 31st, 2015, 1:27 PM
Went with Dean Ambrose.

Spedizzo
March 31st, 2015, 1:55 PM
I had Seth Rollins.

:shifty:

Badger
March 31st, 2015, 2:58 PM
Rollins or Ambrose would've been happy with. Genuinely happy for Rollins, hope he has a good long run to prolong the chase for the man that will overcome him. :beer:

HHHnFoley_Rulez
March 31st, 2015, 3:42 PM
Cewsh DDT and JP all bang on...

Bert
March 31st, 2015, 5:20 PM

You're absolutely right. I'm not saying it's the right decision to make Reigns first, but Rollins will be lucky to sniff the main event as a singles wrestler, Ambrose is going to need to get over enough on his own that WWE has to push him that far, and all Reigns has to do is not fuck up.

Rollins will have a ton of trouble because he has trouble carrying a promo by himself, and his style isn't unique enough to make him stand out.

This isn't me burying them. Seriously, look how long it took CM Punk to really make it as a top player. None of these guys is CM Punk.

Look, Rollins is good, but anybody thinking he'll get anywhere near one of the main belts probably needs to lay off the sauce for a while.

:lol:

chatty
March 31st, 2015, 5:26 PM

Add that to his Daniel Bryan has zero chance of being a big star one too.

Cewsh
April 1st, 2015, 11:23 AM
Add that to his Daniel Bryan has zero chance of being a big star one too.

Yep, I was totally wrong on both cases. The amount of stunningly great booking it took to get them each to that point is something I never saw coming. Very happy to be wrong in both cases.

Cewsh
April 1st, 2015, 11:25 AM
P.S. Bert, I need to run some errands today, if you wouldn't mind taking my balls out of your mouth for a few minutes.

Hero!
April 1st, 2015, 11:53 AM

Kimura Kid
April 1st, 2015, 12:23 PM
http://images.techtimes.com/data/images/full/65007/wwe-seth-rollins-as-champion.jpg?w=600

JP
April 1st, 2015, 12:49 PM

Ops.

Andy
April 1st, 2015, 12:59 PM
Yep, I was totally wrong on both cases. The amount of stunningly great booking it took to get them each to that point is something I never saw coming. Very happy to be wrong in both cases.

Saying Bryan got to the top through good booking makes my brain hurt Cewsh

Cewsh
April 1st, 2015, 1:07 PM

In Bryan's case, it might be better to say that I never thought that WWE would run with him to the extent they have, regardless of fan opinion. Ultimately, while we could argue forever about how they've booked him, they did make it happen eventually, and boy that seemed unlikely a few years ago.

JP
April 1st, 2015, 4:45 PM
No, it didn't. It never did. From the minute he debuted he screamed star. He was the reason season one of NXT was so good (along with Michael Cole).

Cewsh
April 1st, 2015, 4:51 PM
No, it didn't. It never did. From the minute he debuted he screamed star. He was the reason season one of NXT was so good (along with Michael Cole).

My doubts about his potential as a star in WWE had nothing to do with him and everything to do with WWE.

Bert
April 1st, 2015, 7:18 PM
P.S. Bert, I need to run some errands today, if you wouldn't mind taking my balls out of your mouth for a few minutes.

Still pretending to be gay, I see.

I also quoted JP, by the way.

Brian M.
April 1st, 2015, 8:40 PM
Rollins I see being more of a mid-card guy who occasionally sneaks his way into main events and wrestles a bunch of really good 15 minute matches on Smackdown. He's a very reliable guy to have around who will get other guys over and keep the fans attention in the middle of the card. But I can't see him being a big star. He just doesn't have the charisma or mic skills to draw the crowd in to a money feud. Daniel Bryan is a much better wrestler and has tons more charisma, and even he probably won't ever be a consistent main eventer. But that's fine. WWE needs guys like this. It's why it was so fun in the early 2000's when you had guys like Jericho, Benoit and Guerrero running about having fun matches and sometimes stepping up to face the big guns.

HEY EVERYBODY, COME SEE HOW WRONG I WAS! I stubbornly still see Ambrose having a better career but I'll probably be laughably wrong about that too.

To be fair, WWE booked him almost perfectly from the formation of Team Hell No to the title match with Cena. It was after that where they lost their minds.

virms
April 1st, 2015, 9:26 PM
:cool: :shifty: