PDA

View Full Version : Dean Ambrose for WrestleMania 30 main event!

Spoonman
March 18th, 2013, 9:42 PM
I seriously think that this guy could go all the way (dependent on the usual politicising of course). He reminds me on an old-school wrestler in that he doesn't necessarily have the best physique, he doesn't look like a movie star but he just seems to "get it". Knows what he's doing in the ring. Great promo and as if his exploits with The Shield every week weren't awesome enough I came across this earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VEAXDV1Sr4&feature=player_embedded

:yes:

Mills
March 18th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Nice sock Judas

stylepoints
March 18th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Great promo and as if his exploits with The Shield every week weren't awesome

A few decent promos but nothing career defining. Great match a while back but other than that, eh, just a bunch of run-ins. Never seen so many people get excited over a bunch of fucking run-ins.

I'll go ahead and make my point. I need to see more...a lot more. Not of Black from RoH or Moxley from various indys, more from this WWE run. I'm more than ready for The Shield to move on from being team beatdown after WM. After that we'll talk about Ambrose in the main evwnt.

Beer-Belly
March 18th, 2013, 11:19 PM
His matches in FCW are great and his promos are outstanding. What more do you need? Disqualifying someone's work because it isn't in WWE is bullshit.

stylepoints
March 18th, 2013, 11:24 PM
To recommend this guy for the WM main event at this point in his WWE career is absurd. A year from now it may not be.

Spoonman
March 18th, 2013, 11:39 PM
His matches in FCW are great and his promos are outstanding. What more do you need? Disqualifying someone's work because it isn't in WWE is bullshit.

Exactly. Pure WWE-fanboyism. Anybody who has been watching the business a long time can tell that this guy has something that makes him stand out. Does it mean that he will make it? No. But he has an intangible quality that many of the greats had in their early days.

To recommend this guy for the WM main event at this point in his WWE career is absurd. A year from now it may not be.

You do realise that I was being somewhat facetious when naming the title of the thread (obviously not). Maybe you should listen to the man himself and "not take it so seriously".

stylepoints
March 18th, 2013, 11:55 PM
I've been called a lot of things, but WWE fanboy? That's a first.

Defrost
March 18th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Yeah next year's main event is going to involve two guys whose name's rhyme.

Spoonman
March 19th, 2013, 12:02 AM
I've been called a lot of things, but WWE fanboy? That's a first.

If the cap fits...

Matthew
March 19th, 2013, 12:10 AM
dean ambrose makes worse facial expressions than john cena

fact

but he hasn't gotten the flack for it yet.

mth
March 19th, 2013, 12:16 AM
I'm going to predict more success for Roman Reigns.

Beer-Belly
March 19th, 2013, 12:16 AM
dean ambrose makes worse facial expressions than john cena

fact

but he hasn't gotten the flack for it yet.Nah, Ambrose looks unhinged and Cena looks like he's straining to take a shit.

Judas Iscariot
March 19th, 2013, 12:19 AM
That's because Dean Ambrose is taking over the world... SO WELCOME TO THE FUTURE

What needs to happen at Wrestlemania is The Shield comes down to the ring after the match and beat the shit out of Rock and Cena. Then they duct tape them to a table. THEN Dean comes up with HHH's sledge. OMGGGG he's gonna hit Rock and Cena!

Wrong. Dean knocks out Rollins and Reigns and duct tapes THEM to another table. Then he piles more tables on and pulls out a canister of gasoline and pours it on them. Then he takes the WWE title and lays it on top.

I think I've mentioned something similar before, he walks up the ramp leaving a trail of gasoline. Then he lights a cigarette and just stands there til it's almost done. Then he flicks it into the trail of gas and watches as everyone is burned alive. Then he just walks away.

WHY HASN'T CREATIVE THOUGHT ABOUT THIS.

McBain
March 19th, 2013, 12:40 AM

?

Defrost
March 19th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Rock and Brock

Spoonman
March 19th, 2013, 12:47 AM
That's because Dean Ambrose is taking over the world... SO WELCOME TO THE FUTURE

What needs to happen at Wrestlemania is The Shield comes down to the ring after the match and beat the shit out of Rock and Cena. Then they duct tape them to a table. THEN Dean comes up with HHH's sledge. OMGGGG he's gonna hit Rock and Cena!

Wrong. Dean knocks out Rollins and Reigns and duct tapes THEM to another table. Then he piles more tables on and pulls out a canister of gasoline and pours it on them. Then he takes the WWE title and lays it on top.

I think I've mentioned something similar before, he walks up the ramp leaving a trail of gasoline. Then he lights a cigarette and just stands there til it's almost done. Then he flicks it into the trail of gas and watches as everyone is burned alive. Then he just walks away.

WHY HASN'T CREATIVE THOUGHT ABOUT THIS.

That's a Russo-esque idea for sure. . . Up there with the time I had the idea of The Undertaker becoming The Underweartaker: a pervert who sneaks into the Divas locker room to steal their panties while they're in the ring (I had this idea during the Attitude Era BTW).

Mills
March 19th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Or Stone Cold Steve Austin, the guy that's always cold so he wrestles in a jacket?

Matthew
March 19th, 2013, 3:01 AM
Nah, Ambrose looks unhinged and Cena looks like he's straining to take a shit.
nah. when he took that bump onto the ladder during their first match, definitely on par or even worse than cena. i've seen more after. but that one sticks out. cartoonish.

McBain
March 19th, 2013, 3:03 AM

But pretty funny, so I enjoyed it.

Matthew
March 19th, 2013, 3:08 AM
cenaist

leinz
March 19th, 2013, 3:20 AM
I have a feeling at least one member of the Shield will be a main eventer in 4 years or less, could be any of them depending on how it goes.

Jacknife
March 19th, 2013, 7:49 AM

That's a Russo-esque idea for sure. . . Up there with the time I had the idea of The Undertaker becoming The Underweartaker: a pervert who sneaks into the Divas locker room to steal their panties while they're in the ring (I had this idea during the Attitude Era BTW).

It'll be tougher to find someone who hasn't thought of that idea up themselves.

Kneeneighbor
March 19th, 2013, 8:59 AM

I dont think CM Punk vs Terry Funk will go over all that well.

Jacknife
March 19th, 2013, 9:59 AM
Yeah but Max Moon vs. The Goon would.

Andy
March 19th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Dwayne vs Kane? I'm in.

Hotbeef-Injection
March 19th, 2013, 10:26 AM
I think all three shield guys have great potential but I want them to stay a unit a little while longer. Stables are good way for guys to npt get lost in the shuffle and get seasoned. Look at Nexus. Without it I doubt Gabriel or Heath Slater would have jobs.

When the time is right I can see Vince making Roman Reigns his next guy, but Ambrose has the chance to CM Punk his was to the longer career. Passionate guys who've been fans their whole life and worked through the indies become favourites of the IWC. I wouldn't sleep on Rollins either. I've been impressed with his work since in Shield. Much more so than his stuff on NXT.

Shield needs better direction than three man tags over and over. After Mania they should make a run for the tag belts (Rollins and Reigns) and Ambrose couls go after the IC belt or aomething. They need to have more matches.

Spoonman
March 19th, 2013, 10:27 AM
It'll be tougher to find someone who hasn't thought of that idea up themselves.

Yeah? Well I bet they never had the idea for the blow-off of the whole thing: "Panties on a Pole" match.

Brian M.
March 19th, 2013, 5:39 PM
I actually think part of the Shield's appeal is that they DON'T have many matches. It makes them stick out from the crowd. Of course eventually you have to deviate from that a bit, but I don't want to see Roman Reigns VS Zack Ryder or anything. Make all of their matches mean something, and stick with the random attacks. It's what's keeping them over.

Cewsh
March 19th, 2013, 5:53 PM
Exactly. Pure WWE-fanboyism.

If the cap fits...

I'm not taking any side or whatever, but I am curious how not seeing potential in Dean Ambrose makes him a WWE fanboy.

Brian M.
March 19th, 2013, 5:56 PM
It seems like they were calling him that because he wasn't taking into account Ambrose's FCW work. You know FCW. The developmental territory that's owned by...oh.

Judas Iscariot
March 19th, 2013, 6:04 PM
Or CZW or DGUSA or Chikara you WWE FANBOYS

Cewsh
March 19th, 2013, 6:07 PM
Well he sucked in Chikara, to be fair. Didn't fit that environment at all.

Tempest
March 19th, 2013, 6:36 PM
I actually think part of the Shield's appeal is that they DON'T have many matches. It makes them stick out from the crowd. Of course eventually you have to deviate from that a bit, but I don't want to see Roman Reigns VS Zack Ryder or anything. Make all of their matches mean something, and stick with the random attacks. It's what's keeping them over.

Absolutely. They can't do the random attacks forever, but so often once the matches start, the attacks stop and then it just becomes an inevitability that it'll become tedious. They're strong and over as a collective, so continue that. Making random singles matches will just go down the run in route anyway.

Peter Griffin
March 19th, 2013, 7:04 PM

Unless one of thos people who's name rhymes is offered a movie role which coincides with Wrestlemania, then we wont see him for dust, the fact that the REIGNING WWE champion hasnt been on Raw in two weeks in the build up to this years Wrestlemania is frankly absurd and is exactly the reason I said putting the title on him is stupid. And yes i do realize he brings in ratings yada yada.

Beer-Belly
March 19th, 2013, 7:08 PM
He had prior commitments because GI Joe got pushed back by the studio. The champion wasn't on every week in the 80's and early 90's.

Peter Griffin
March 19th, 2013, 7:20 PM
This isnt the 80's or early 90's though is it! I understand hes got commitments, and i have no problems (to a point) with him working for WWE around his movie career, but if they are going to put him in the main event as WWE champion I just feel he should be on the show in the build up, one week, fair enough I guess,but two weeks in a row, not so sure.

I mean, if Rock was there last night we wouldn't have had that prime time players crap to start the show. And we would of had some actual build for the match

Mark Hammer
March 19th, 2013, 7:23 PM
Ambrose has mustered up a silly little hype train hasn't he?

He's the weakest member of The Shield, imo.

Tempest
March 19th, 2013, 7:32 PM
This isnt the 80's or early 90's though is it! I understand hes got commitments, and i have no problems (to a point) with him working for WWE around his movie career, but if they are going to put him in the main event as WWE champion I just feel he should be on the show in the build up, one week, fair enough I guess,but two weeks in a row, not so sure.

I mean, if Rock was there last night we wouldn't have had that prime time players crap to start the show. And we would of had some actual build for the match

His name is the build to be fair. It's great to see fantastic week in and week out build up, but in the case of a guy like The Rock, you don't really need the progressive build to make people buy the PPV. They see his name, they buy it. At this point in time, i'm pretty much one of those folk.

Spoonman
March 19th, 2013, 11:15 PM

Hype train? because I said that I rated him? :rolleyes:

It seems like they were calling him that because he wasn't taking into account Ambrose's FCW work. You know FCW. The developmental territory that's owned by...oh.

Doesn't really matter that it's owned by WWE. It isn't WWE. It runs separate matches and storylines to them. To point at something that he's done and say "Doesn't count. It was in developmental." is asinine. How do people actually get called up in the first place? It's based on the strength of what they do down there. Not to mention the fact that developmental might actually be a stronger indication of what somebody is capable of than what they do in their early days in WWE. Why? Because they aren't given constant time restrictions when they go out on TV and have more freedom with promos and their overall character.

Mark Hammer
March 20th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Hype train? because I said that I rated him? :rolleyes:

Yeah man. It's all about you and this particular thread.

Beer-Belly
March 20th, 2013, 12:22 AM
In what way? He's the best speaker in the group by far. It's not even close.

G-Fresh
March 20th, 2013, 12:29 AM
This isnt the 80's or early 90's though is it!

It might be.

McBain
March 20th, 2013, 1:23 AM

:lol:

I disagree with your view on Ambrose, but this tickled me.

Judas Iscariot
March 20th, 2013, 2:16 AM
Unless one of thos people who's name rhymes is offered a movie role which coincides with Wrestlemania, then we wont see him for dust, the fact that the REIGNING WWE champion hasnt been on Raw in two weeks in the build up to this years Wrestlemania is frankly absurd and is exactly the reason I said putting the title on him is stupid. And yes i do realize he brings in ratings yada yada.

Well Rock has been filming a fuck load of shit, including being the first ever Samoan guy to play the Greek Hercules recently, so I wouldn't be surprised if he has a film coming out come next Wrestlemania.

You are just a giant stupid fart hammer.

In what way? He's the best speaker in the group by far. It's not even close.

Best speaker and best all around traditional mat based wrestler in the group. Not high flying like Rollins though Rollins has his shit together on the mat, not the brute striker strength of Reigns. More of combo brawler/technician who can pull out a fist fight an beat the shit out of you or put you in the Regal Stretch and make it look like he's having the most sadistic fun in the world.

:lol:

I disagree with your view on Ambrose, but this tickled me.

You and I are so alike we should eat Pad Ka Prow together someday.

Hotbeef-Injection
March 20th, 2013, 6:51 AM
I think Shield are the nuts but thry need more promo time. Their motivation of 'justice' is a bit wishy washy at the moment. It worked when talkjng about Punk, but what now? Why the 6 man tag?

Jacknife
March 20th, 2013, 8:38 AM
I think one of the members of the Shield will eventually get kicked out, probably Roman Reigns who goes solo and I can see Ambrose and Rollins as a tag team.

OD50
March 20th, 2013, 9:17 AM
Reigns for sure, dude is green but has the potential to be Batista and The Rock fused into one.

I want Ambrose to became a top heel though, modern version of old school Roddy Piper right there.

Jacknife
March 20th, 2013, 9:34 AM
I agree, I think Ambrose would be a great top heel. Certainly has the talent for it. I think he will be in the tag division before that happens though. Then when they split Rollins will be forgotten about.

Spoonman
March 20th, 2013, 9:50 AM

So why post it in this particular thread then?

Morrison
March 20th, 2013, 10:26 AM
So why post it in this particular thread then?

why the fuck not? it's directly related to ambrose.

Cewsh
March 20th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Because they aren't given constant time restrictions when they go out on TV and have more freedom with promos and their overall character.

That isn't actually true. NXT is a television show itself. They still operate under the same restrictions and are being booked and restricted by Dusty Rhodes and the booking team.

Spoonman
March 20th, 2013, 11:27 AM
That isn't actually true. NXT is a television show itself. They still operate under the same restrictions and are being booked and restricted by Dusty Rhodes and the booking team.

They operate under the same restrictions? Seriously? Do you really think that a pre-taped NXT has the same restrictions as a live Raw that's going out on the USA Network? :\

Cewsh
March 20th, 2013, 11:33 AM
What exactly do you think is different? The wrestlers are told what the gimmicks are, are strictly coached in their promos, and have to hit time cues in everything they do.

MikeHunt
DON'T ARGUE WITH CEWSH!

MikeHunt
HE KNOWS EVERYTHING!

Spoonman
March 20th, 2013, 11:34 AM
why the fuck not? it's directly related to ambrose.

It's that cliquey round here that you answer for each other too? :rolleyes:

Anyway, the initial comment was dismissive. Rather than entering into an actual discussion about the topic of the thread itself. Why seek argument and have an attitude rather than intelligently discuss the meritys of the guy? So what if Ambrose has built a "hype train"? If fifty other people have said similar maybe there's some truth in what I was saying anyway. My point is, what does all these other people praising Ambrose have to do about anything? Nothing. It has no merit to the actual conversation.

Spoonman
March 20th, 2013, 11:36 AM
What exactly do you think is different? The wrestlers are told what the gimmicks are, are strictly coached in their promos, and have to hit time cues in everything they do.

They have to hit cues in pre-taped segments as they do live? You really believe that? :lol:

Mark Hammer
March 20th, 2013, 11:45 AM

Haha yes. Morrison's totally like my bff around here.

Peter Griffin
March 20th, 2013, 11:49 AM
This guy has won many POTY awards on another forum, therefore he must be more knowledgeable than the rest of us.

Spoonman
March 20th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Haha yes. Morrison's totally like my bff around here.

Still pretty strange that he answered for you.

Mark Hammer
March 20th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Not as strange as a grown man chastising someone for only watching WWE, as if that makes you less of a nerd than he is.

Cewsh
March 20th, 2013, 11:52 AM
First of all, this is contradictory.

Rather than entering into an actual discussion about the topic of the thread itself. Why seek argument and have an attitude rather than intelligently discuss the meritys of the guy?

They have to hit cues in pre-taped segments as they do live? You really believe that? :lol:

Second of all, they may have many different takes in order to perform their pre taped segments, but those segments still have to fit within the timed framework of the show, so yes. There are also segments in the ring and the matches themselves, which are timed to the minute in a very intentional way. The purpose of NXT is to prepare people for WWE. I would find it strange if they didn't prepare them for cues and restrictions.

Matthew
March 20th, 2013, 11:53 AM

Anyway, the initial comment was dismissive. Rather than entering into an actual discussion about the topic of the thread itself. Why seek argument and have an attitude rather than intelligently discuss the meritys of the guy? So what if Ambrose has built a "hype train"? If fifty other people have said similar maybe there's some truth in what I was saying anyway. My point is, what does all these other people praising Ambrose have to do about anything? Nothing. It has no merit to the actual conversation.you do realize people just post their opinions, right? not everything has to generate massive discussion with every post. he thinks the dude has a hype train. big deal. why are you whining about it so much?

Matthew
March 20th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Still pretty strange that he answered for you.
you asked why a guy put up his thoughts about dean ambrose in a dean ambrose thread. i'm pretty sure anyone would question the silliness of that.

Spoonman
March 20th, 2013, 11:55 AM
This guy has won many POTY awards on another forum, therefore he must be more knowledgeable than the rest of us.

Who said that? Look man, I came here to get involved. No attitude. I'm a pretty laid back guy. I started this thread and immediately out come the sarcastic remarks and the digs. No grown-up discussion about stuff. Just bullshit.

Cewsh
March 20th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Who said that? Look man, I came here to get involved. No attitude. I'm a pretty laid back guy. I started this thread and immediately out come the sarcastic remarks and the digs. No grown-up discussion about stuff. Just bullshit.

I really don't want to see any bullying happen or some huge pile on that drives you off, because you seem like a solid addition to the crew around here. But there's been plenty of in depth conversation in here and there will continue to be. You been antagonizing yourself and have gotten it right back.

Matthew
March 20th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Who said that? Look man, I came here to get involved. No attitude. I'm a pretty laid back guy. I started this thread and immediately out come the sarcastic remarks and the digs. No grown-up discussion about stuff. Just bullshit.you mean how people discussed the topic with you for like 30-so posts until you got into this?

please, don't lie

Spoonman
March 20th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Second of all, they may have many different takes in order to perform their pre taped segments, but those segments still have to fit within the timed framework of the show, so yes. There are also segments in the ring and the matches themselves, which are timed to the minute in a very intentional way. The purpose of NXT is to prepare people for WWE. I would find it strange if they didn't prepare them for cues and restrictions.

Preparation isn't the same as the real thing. Cutting a promo live on Raw isn't the same as a pre-taped segment for NXT. Not even close. NXT has much more leway. If a segment runs over they can quite easily accommodate it. The top brass aren't as concerned about NXT as they are Raw or SmackDown. The likes of Dusty can do what they want. Timings, yes. Preparation, yes. The same as Raw or SmackDown, hell no. People who've made the jump have actaully said that themselves.

Spoonman
March 20th, 2013, 12:06 PM
please, don't lie

Lie? How can I lie about something that's in plain black and white text over the past seven pages. Blatantly ganging up on a new member who is honestly just trying to contribute.

It's no big deal though. I've done all this arguing online stuff years ago. But I don't have the time nor inclination to do it now. I've got more important things to do than go back and forth for days over some bullshit where the point ends up lost and it becomes an exercise in who is more persistent. Because since I'm the newb and am outnumbered it'd be me anyway. . . No problem. I just wanted to shoot the shit about the business we all love. It's obviously not working so I'll just take my leave.

Matthew
March 20th, 2013, 12:07 PM
you said people immediately started out with sarcastic remarks and digs. that clearly did not happen. thus, you are making things up.

leaving over something as silly as this is pretty hilarious though

Mark Hammer
Nobody ganged up on you. I honestly had no idea who made this thread, just saw a thread title that I found quite silly.

Cewsh
Well no, it isn't the SAME. What you said was that they aren't given time restrictions at all and that they are given freedom over their characters. Neither of those things is actually true. They get more leeway with time, and there's less pressure to perform, but there's no sign of it being as freeform as you're suggesting. It's still a tv show, taped to the second for airing on television. At least USA gives Raw a 15 minute overrun. NXT doesn't get that luxury.

Matthew
March 20th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Preparation isn't the same as the real thing. Cutting a promo live on Raw isn't the same as a pre-taped segment for NXT. Not even close. NXT has much more leway. If a segment runs over they can quite easily accommodate it. The top brass aren't as concerned about NXT as they are Raw or SmackDown. The likes of Dusty can do what they want. Timings, yes. Preparation, yes. The same as Raw or SmackDown, hell no. People who've made the jump have actaully said that themselves.i do not see how this is different from what cewsh is saying at all. he said nxt is to prepare them for the likes of raw and smackdown with timing and cues and such..... you just said the same thing. of course they aren't the same thing, that is why it is a developmental system.

Spoonman
March 20th, 2013, 12:11 PM
leaving over something as silly as this is pretty hilarious though

Not really. It isn't that important to me. How many wrestling forums are out there? I made this topic to test the waters. See what it was like here. Get a feel for the place. I only started posting a few days ago and look, here I am in a thread with five or six people coming at me at once. I can't be bothered with that TBH.

Cewsh
March 20th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Lie? How can I lie about something that's in plain black and white text over the past seven pages. Blatantly ganging up on a new member who is honestly just trying to contribute.

It's no big deal though. I've done all this arguing online stuff years ago. But I don't have the time nor inclination to do it now. I've got more important things to do than go back and forth for days over some bullshit where the point ends up lost and it becomes an exercise in who is more persistent. Because since I'm the newb and am outnumbered it'd be me anyway. . . No problem. I just wanted to shoot the shit about the business we all love. It's obviously not working so I'll just take my leave.

Dude, no. For fuck's sake you aren't even being ganged up on here. Take it easy and give things a chance to settle in. It would really suck to see you driven off like this.

Matthew
March 20th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Not really. It isn't that important to me. How many wrestling forums are out there? I made this topic to test the waters. See what it was like here. Get a feel for the place. I only started posting a few days ago and look, here I am in a thread with five or six people coming at me at once. I can't be bothered with that TBH.you asked why someone posted about dean ambrose in a dean ambrose thread. can someone not point out how hilariously dumb that is? stop playing some massive victim here. you are getting discussion, you just like to completely ignore that it seems for some weird idea of persecution

Mark Hammer
March 20th, 2013, 12:15 PM
I don't want to be responsible for another UncannyIowan. Please don't go Spoonman.

Matthew
March 20th, 2013, 12:33 PM
well it is your fault for bringing up dean ambrose in this thread.

kangus
March 20th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Back on topic please Matthew. That topic being 'Dean Ambrose, either you share my exact same opinion about him or you can fuck off because you're stupid'.

Torn
March 20th, 2013, 12:41 PM
There's no ganging up going on. If you are as chill as you say and just wanna discuss shit then do as you say you want to do and relax. But you can't come out with some of the stuff you are coming out with and not expect people to respond with their own thoughts.

I would just like to say that the "WWE Fanboyism" comment made me vomit in my mouth though. I personally am with Mark Hammer on not fully understanding the out of control Ambrose love but I'd rather my opinion wasn't dismissed before I can even write it just because I don't watch developmental. I like the guy and all of Shield are incredibly charismatic but to me Reigns and Rollins have shown just as much potential, if not more, in their run. Considering the discussion is now about how different NXT is to Raw then it seems like he has plenty to prove in how he adapts to the big time?

Mark Hammer
March 20th, 2013, 12:46 PM
well it is your fault for bringing up dean ambrose in this thread.

Hammer :heart: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHyb0Wsg_X9LdsGNB3QrQvtUeBjK6Pd bMfyJ1zZRE_I2WUAYfRrQ