PDA

View Full Version : WWE SmackDown! Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Hero!
March 12th, 2013, 8:54 PM
http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/smackdown-logo.png

Alrighty, so, I haven't discussed this with any mods, so if any mod disagrees with this idea please close the thread and PM me.

Anywho, I've noticed a sad trend lately of no one posting a weekly Smackdown thread. Whenever there is one posted, it barely gets any responses. I think, at this point in time, it would make more sense to have one thread, where the weekly taping results will be posted and people can chime in. I'll gladly post the spoilers and keep track of this for all of us.

Hopefully we can get more discussion flowing in the big blue thread here and Smackdown can go back to having weekly threads and NOT being forgotten.

Tonight's results will be posted when available. For now, lemme know what you think of the thread idea.

Spoilers for 4/9/2015

WWE taped this week's edition of WWE SmackDown on Tuesday night at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas.

Dark Match

1. Finn Balor beat Xavier Woods.

WWE Smackdown TV Taping

1. WWE Tag Team Champions Tyson Kidd and Cesaro (w/Natalya) defeated New Day. Tons of New Day sucks chants. TV doesn't do Natayla justice. She's a very attractive woman.

2. Neville defeated Curtis Axel.

3. Natayla defeated Alicia Fox. Cameron was guest referee. Natalya won with a Sharpshooter. Cameron attacked both wrestlers after the match...

- Bray Wyatt cut a promo. If there's an audible "yelling What? is lame" that's me.

4. Bray Wyatt defeated Erick Rowan. Wyatt won with Sister Abigail.

- It was announced that they will return to Dallas on October 19 for Raw. It will be the last show in Dallas before WrestleMania 32.

- There was a Miz TV segment. Miz bragged about his movie. Summer Rae came out and talked about how it wasn't just him in the movie. Mizdow came out. After some back and forth on the mic, Mizdow attacked Miz, who ran off. Mizdow planted a kiss on Summer Rae to the delight of the crowd.

5. Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, and Roman Reigns defeated Big Show, Bad News Barrett, and Sheamus. A great main event. Dallas loves Roman.

mth
March 12th, 2013, 9:01 PM
Given the slower traffic the Smackers threads are getting, I support this idea.

The Doc
March 12th, 2013, 9:03 PM
Wait. . .WWE has more than one show a week?

Hero!
March 12th, 2013, 9:04 PM
Sticky icky, please, moth?

chatty
March 12th, 2013, 9:08 PM
Yeah , good idea, no one cares about smackdown anymore - its basically a filler show with raw recaps, from the vault, app plugs and social media plugs. The main guys hardly show u[p anymore but you do get a decent match on there most weeks.

Andy
March 12th, 2013, 9:15 PM
I actually enjoy SD. I record it so I fast forward through all the recaps, trailers, ads and usually the vault stuff. That usually leaves a fairly solid hour. I don't know if I'm imagining it but it does seem that in general SD matches have been getting more time recently.

Hero!
March 12th, 2013, 9:24 PM
I catch SD when I can, but even I don't watch it most weeks. Friday is such a horrible night to have this on TV.

virms
March 12th, 2013, 9:34 PM
I will probably watch this week if the Ryback/Henry match happens.

mth
March 12th, 2013, 9:57 PM
I'm certainly very curious to see what happens with Ryback/Henry. I doubt they'll just straight-up have the match. If what goes down sounds groovy, I'll probably punch up that part of the show, at least.

VHS
March 12th, 2013, 9:59 PM
The only thing that will happen with Ryback/Henry is another staredown and more trading finishers on somebody.

mth
March 12th, 2013, 10:00 PM
That'd be fine with me.

One Man Gang
March 12th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Smackdown Spoilers for 3/15/2013

Josh Mathews / Michael Cole / Brad Maddox on commentary

-Sheamus & Randy Orton defeat Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow. Sandow ate a Brogue Kick, Rhodes ate an RKO to take the pin.

After the match, The Shield challenged Orton and Sheamus to find a partner for a six man at WrestleMania. Orton and Sheamus accepted.

-The Miz defeats Darren Young via submission (Figure Four). Wade Barrett helped on commentary.

Backstage, Big Show wanted to be the tag partner against The Shield. Orton & Sheamus said they already picked somebody - The Ryback.

-Layla & Kaitlyn defeat Tamina Snuka & Aksana. Sloppy match. Kaitlyn hit Aksana with a GORE, but Layla snuck a tag in and pinned Aksana with a crossbody. Turn coming.

Backstage, the Bellas beat up Naomi and Cameron. Bellas made fun of the "dancing dinosaur and his fat friend who thinks he is Japanese."

-Dolph Ziggler defeats Kane with the ZigZag. Daniel Bryan and Big E brawled at ringside towards the end. This distracted Kane leading towards the finish. Big E tossed Bryan over the timekeeper wall. After the match, Ziggler taunted Kane until Kane grabbed Zigg's throat for a chokeslam. Big E saved Ziggler, then hit his finish on Kane.

Another Ricardo/ADR spoof on Colter aired. This one was about Canadians. It was pretty funny.

-Fandango vs Great Khali never happened. Fandango came out, calling Khali "stretch." He wanted Khali to pronounce his name. Khali tried. Fandango was sickened by Khali's attempt. No match.

Backstage, Booker made Shield vs Sheamus, Ryback, and Orton official. The Shield then attacked Orton and Sheamus and left them laying.

-Mark Henry vs The Ryback never happened. 10 seconds after the bell rang, The Shield attacked Ryback. Ryback initially cleared the ring and faced back off with Henry, but the Shield got the better of Ryback on attempt #2. The Shield left Ryback laying with a trio powerbomb. After Shield left, Henry came back in and gave Ryback a World's Strongest Slam. And then another. And then another. Henry welcomed Ryback to the Hall of Pain.

-Jack Swagger pinned Chris Jericho. This was a good, long match with a lot of back and forth trading nearfalls at the end. Swagger won with his gutwrench powerbomb.

Swagger and Zeb posed to close the show.

Credit: WO

Kdestiny
March 13th, 2013, 12:22 AM
so what is supposed to make me believe that Orton, Sheamus, and Ryback is better than Cena, Sheamus, and Ryback? Or will he be taken out for Show?

ThE_GrEaT_GaM
March 13th, 2013, 12:35 AM
I'm pretty sure they'll switch Ryback for Big Show and go on with Ryback/Henry at Wrestlemania. It's utterly insane not to do it unless Ryback ain't making Vince wet anymore. But besides that it's plain stupid.

mth
March 13th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Yeah, Ryback's definitely switching out to face Henry. It's not even questionable. Show will take his spot, bank on it. As for SD, I'll probably punch up that segment but won't bother with the rest...well, I'll probably watch the FAAAANNNDANNNNGOOOOO bit, too.

virms
March 13th, 2013, 2:04 AM
I probably won't watch any of it except maybe Jericho/Swagger if I hear it is a good match.

McBain
March 13th, 2013, 3:43 AM
Will be interesting to see how they have Ryback explaining his giving up on The Shield considering he'll still have issues with them after that segment.

I'm wondering if the thinking is to protect both he and the Shield? So they both get wins at Mania?

Hero!
March 13th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the spoilers, Gang. I've edited them into the first post.

Shield vs everyone is such a brilliant feud. Swap Cena for Orton? Ryback for Big show? No problem, it all still makes sense! Remember when Hell No & Cena were still taking on them? That's the beauty of this whole thing, The Shield has pissed off so many people, you can throw 'em in there with just about any Main Eventer and it makes sense.

chatty
March 13th, 2013, 11:54 AM
I think it will end up Shield and Henry v Ryback, Show, Sheamus and Orton. It makes for some interesting dynamics, if Shield lose Henry can take the loss with them still looking like a super strong team and it can lead to them attacking Henry later down the road. They can also play up how Henry isn't one of their team and will they be able to work together.

They can then also do the same on the otherside with Show not being part of the group and Sheamus/Ryback have little tiffs before. Ryback can get himself some revenge on Shield and Henry without directly beating Shield (Henry can take the loss without losing anything).

They can tease Orton/Ryback/Henry turns as well and it also helps solve the problem of having loads of people on the card without going over.

Ryback should be going against the Shield after everything they have done to him but the booking the last few weeks have been all over so its messed everything up.

Andy
March 13th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Hard to tell from just reading but that actually looks like a good show.

StoneColdWWE316
March 13th, 2013, 4:24 PM
This is a good idea since some Smackdown Threads are never put up. I still enjoy SD and we still get some good Matches/Storyline progression.

Rip
March 14th, 2013, 6:54 AM
The Henry/Ryback spot could be a problem for them, if they go with Ryback in there then what do they do with Mark and the build between the two, if they sideline it over Mania then the build dies if they shoe-horn Henry and Show into a four on four then how do you explain Henry in it, then there's Show, where do you stick him if not in the Shield match and why do a face turn on him now, what's the point of the whole twist with him here, once again we've done the monster giant to face turn with him again so he can fade back into the crowded mid-card?

They've got to many lines running into one here with not enough time to un-knot them while they still keep mixing them together, it looks like they were on for the Henry/Ryback & Show/Shaemus/Orton trio vs Shield then for some reason they pulled back and mixed up the whole thing again, right now they're heading to a point where they are going to have a four on four where you have two guys in potential slow burn heel turns in Orton and Ryback with another in a slow face turn in Show when you add to that they're trying to protect Shield and Ryback going into the match the whole thing gets pretty messy for a Wrestlemania match, into another PPV fine you toss them all in together and have a giant cluster f*ck of a match where Shield destroy Henry because they want too, Orton takes out Shaemus and Ryback takes out Show and the whole thing breaks down while Ambrose steals the pin on Show leaving Orton Shaemus to feud and Ryback with Shield while Show and Henry can turn face against them alongside two lads from NxT or whatever they decide.

Problem is they won't do that at Mania, so you're left with a mess and very little time to clean it up.

chatty
March 14th, 2013, 8:53 AM
The whole mid-card has been screwed up in this build. This year had the potential for an X7 like mega-card with loads of good feuds and matches but I can see it getting cut down to 7/8 matches instead of 10/11 they could have had.

Unless they just say in the next few weeks, youre wrestling him, youre wrestling him etc the bottom card aint going to be much.

I think the easiest way to build now would be to do:

Hell No v Rhodes Scholars v Ziggler/Big E - Tag Titles

Jericho v Barrett v Miz v Cesaro - double pin match with both the US and IC titles on the line

Shield and Henry v Show, Orton, Sheamus & Ryback in some sort of No DQ match where they can all just go mental

Del Rio v Swagger - WHC

Brock v HHH - Street Fight

Taker v Punk

Kaitlyn v A Bella

Cena v Rock - WWE Title

Dance off between Fandango, Tensai, Brodus, Khali, Mahal, McIntyre, Slater, Khali, Santino and Ryder.

Cewsh
March 15th, 2013, 3:29 PM
I just read a rundown from someone who watched this show and it actually sounds pretty great. The Ryback/Mark Henry/Shield storyline is actually growing some depth to it.

It certainly sounds like Ryback will have to choose between Henry and Shield and then Sheamus and Ryback will have to come crawling back to Big Show.

Andy
March 16th, 2013, 4:04 PM
Smackdown was really good this week. Loved the Shield stuff and everything related to it. At this point I'd be happy with either a 4v4 or 3v3 plus Ryback v Henry at Mania. ZigglerKane and Swagger/Jericho were good and I've always found the Bellas entertaining. :yes:

chatty
March 17th, 2013, 5:43 AM
Why does Ryback always have a shiner or cuts on his head etc - does the guy like to brawl in his sparetime or something?

G-Fresh
March 17th, 2013, 5:49 AM
He's probably a clumsy fuckhead. He looks like he got smacked with a stupid stick.

The Law
March 17th, 2013, 6:01 PM
I watched this show on Youtube in 31 minutes. I skipped the women's match, the Fandango segment, the entrances, and the recaps. The other stuff was pretty good, it just would have been nice if there was more of it.

Overall, they did a good job building towards Wrestlemania. They put over Swagger, Shield, and Ziggler/Big E. They announced one match, and set-up two others.

I want to compare how they use Jericho versus how they use the other part-time guys. Look how many guys Jericho has interacted with since he's been back: Ziggler, Big E, Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns, Ryback, Sheamus, Miz, Barrett, and Swagger. Wouldn't it be nice if Rock interacted with anyone other than Cena and Punk? Or Lesnar with anyone other than Triple H? I'm not saying those guys should be jobbing or even wrestling on TV at all, but it would be nice if they didn't exist in their own bubble worlds totally separate from the rest of the roster.

Andy
March 17th, 2013, 6:49 PM
Lesnar interacted with Miz to be fair. And the Outlaws. Rock had a thing with Sandow on Smackdown a few weeks ago.

http://assets.adamriff.com/images/brock-miz.gif

StoneColdWWE316
March 17th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Good Smackdown this week with some more Wrestlemania build. The Shield/Ryback/Orton/Sheamus/Mark Henry stuff was all good. Good Matches with Swagger/Y2J & Kane/Ziggler.

Kev
March 18th, 2013, 12:49 AM
As huge of a fan of Jericho as I am, I didn't think his match with Swagz was all that crash hot... I don't understand why everyone's raving about it.

Also, the gut-wrench powerbomb is shite.

Jacknife
March 19th, 2013, 2:03 PM
Looks like they are getting a second chance to impress you Kev.

mth
March 19th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Here's your spoilers for Friday's SD from the main page:

Thanks to David D. for the following results from Cincinnati, Ohio:

-Smackdown opens with Sheamus and Randy Orton on MizTV. They talk about adding Big Show to their team. Both men talk about not being able to trust him, and that prompts Big Show to come out. The Miz says that he would not trust Big Show, since he turned on him when they were a tag team. Show says his opinion doesn't matter. Show explains why he should be in the match and Sheamus wonders if Show will leave them hanging and turn their backs on them. Randy Orton steps in the way of Sheamus and Show, and then Booker T says that they will see how they can fare in 6 man tag team action later tonight.

1. Mark Henry defeated Zack Ryder. Henry hit multiple World's Strongest Slams onto Ryder. That brings out Ryback, who stared at him and then he clotheslined Henry. Henry escaped from the ring and walked up the ramp.

- Booker T talks about how Teddy Long helped Vickie make the Wrestlemania match. He is upset at Teddy, and Long says that inducting Booker T in the Hall of Fame changed him. Booker T Hall of Fame video is shown.

2. Dolph Ziggler defeated Kofi Kingston in an entertaining match. When the match went to the outside, he hit a Fameasser onto Kingston on the outside. He tossed him back into the ring and hit the Zig Zag for the victory. Big E Langston attacked Kingston after the match.

Zeb Colter walks out with Jack Swagger, and Jack talks about his America. They talk about how Ricardo getting his ankle broke was necessary. Zeb continues talking about getting revenge and serving Jack's America. Swagger says "We, The People."

3. Jack Swagger defeated Chris Jericho in a great match. At the end of the match, the titantron went out and Fandango's new set dropped. He distracts Jericho, which begins his downfall. He fought off Swagger shortly after, but the number one contender had Zeb Colter distract the referee so Fandango hit Jericho. Swagger picked up the victory.

-After the match, he hit a legdrop on Jericho from the top rope. He pronounced his name and left.

4. Team Rhodes Scholars vs. Tensai and Brodus Clay end in No Contest. The Bellas came out with Rhodes and Sandow. The women got involved and brawled a little on the outside.

- Matt Striker interviews Sheamus and Randy Orton. They are asked if they can trust Big Show. Sheamus says yes and also says he hopes Big Show trusts them as much as they trust him for tonight.

5. The Miz defeated Antonio Cesaro with the figure four leglock. Wade Barrett was on commentary during the match. After the bout, Miz locked in the hold again and yelled for Barrett to get into the ring. Barrett retreated, holding up his Intercontinental Championship. After the match, Miz locked the figure hour in again and begs Barrett to enter the ring. Barrett held up the belt and walked away.

6. Randy Orton, Sheamus, and The Big Show defeated 3MB. The Big Show hit a Knockout Punch and then Sheamus tagged himself in to hit a Brogue Kick for the victory. The Shield came out when Sheamus and Big Show were arguing. They surrounded the ring, but would retreat when Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show came together.

kangus
March 19th, 2013, 11:59 PM
They surrounded the ring, but would retreat when Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show came together.

Well that doesn't sound very PG at all.

Kev
March 20th, 2013, 12:10 AM
:nono: :barf:

Not a visual I needed, cheers.

Beer-Belly
March 20th, 2013, 12:28 AM
I like Fandango, but I'm dumbfounded that this is what Chris fucking Jericho returned for?

Andy
March 20th, 2013, 5:11 AM
It would be unreal if we get Jericho/Fandango at Wrestlemania. Absolutely unbelievable.

I can't imagine a New York crowd taking too kindly to it.

chatty
March 20th, 2013, 5:16 AM
I take it they have took the super-kick of Ziggler after Cena buried for a month. Shame as the Zigzag is a terrible finisher.

kangus
March 20th, 2013, 6:21 AM
:nono: :barf:

Not a visual I needed, cheers.

You have to admit, though, it is a pretty effective way of keeping heels out of the ring.

Hero!
March 20th, 2013, 2:10 PM
First post update with this week's spoilers (thanks for posting, mth!)

Miz beating Cesaro with his shitty figure 4 makes me sad :(

One Man Gang
March 20th, 2013, 3:30 PM
Cesaro has just been buried in these last few weeks leading up to Mania. He looks to be headlining the pre-show.

Beer-Belly
March 20th, 2013, 3:55 PM
It would be unreal if we get Jericho/Fandango at Wrestlemania. Absolutely unbelievable.

I can't imagine a New York crowd taking too kindly to it.

There's a lot of things at Wrestlemania that I can't imagine the NY/NJ taking too kindly to. They should be more worried about the crowd absolutely shitting all over Cena winning.

Andy
March 20th, 2013, 4:01 PM
They must know that's inevitable.

Beer-Belly
March 20th, 2013, 4:06 PM
I honestly don't know about that. I wouldn't doubt it if they legitimately think it will be a split crowd.

Andy
March 20th, 2013, 4:11 PM
Hasn't he always had terrible reactions in NYC recently? I imagine Raw the next night would be almost entirely anti-Cena.

Peter Griffin
March 20th, 2013, 4:34 PM
I wouldn't be overly surprised if the crowd shit all over Rocky as well, maybe that's just my bias though :shifty:

Chris
March 20th, 2013, 4:49 PM
Yeah, I reckon both Rock and Cena could be in for a rough ride. Rock is the champion and he is missing TV. Even if he wrestles at Extreme Rules as has been suggested, there's no guarantee he'll be on TV for the whole build-up to that. I love him, and seeing him win the belt again was unthinkable a few years ago, but there was really no need for him to do so. Taker doesn't have this problem because it's well-established that he makes limited appearances. Putting the belt on Rock only sets people up for disappointment when he isn't able to show up.

It's absolutely ridiculous that a built-in Mania match between Jericho and Ziggler has been discarded, potentially in favour of Jericho vs Fandango.

Bennedy
March 20th, 2013, 6:00 PM
Ziggler vs Kingston? Nice fresh match there. Can't wait for that.

Cewsh
March 22nd, 2013, 5:24 PM
Looks like Fandango has a finisher. It's actually kind of refreshing, and works for him.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_VGJaSvWKvU/UUxzhJvTFII/AAAAAAABIcE/1TSK3tnqObc/s320/g.gif

mth
March 22nd, 2013, 5:26 PM
That's a good looking leg drop. :yes:

Judas Iscariot
March 22nd, 2013, 5:27 PM
Dopest finisher ever. That he's able to slow down and accelerate time like that is incredible.

Fandango for WWE Champ.

chatty
March 22nd, 2013, 5:41 PM
Curtis is pretty good imo. I think his gimmick doesn't have legs but if its gets him over as a heel initially then can subtly drop the gimmick and move him in another direction when it inevitably starts to lose steam. I don't mind him getting a push to be honest, he's been with WWE for a few years now so its time to test him properly, putting him in with Jericho will be a good test to see how good he is, both in the ring and out the ring segments.

Newf
March 22nd, 2013, 6:10 PM
I've always been a fan of the top rope leg drop. I think Ken Doane had a beautiful one, so I was stoked and curious to see Johnny's when I read the spoilers. It's not quite as nice as Ken's but it looks good and it's an underrated move... YOU'RE DROPPING YOUR KNEE ACROSS ANOTHER MAN'S THROAT!

Cewsh
March 22nd, 2013, 6:15 PM
I like to think of it as the move Hulk Hogan used to beat Andre the Giant, but from 10 feet in the air.

Judas Iscariot
March 22nd, 2013, 9:15 PM
Just saw the Fandango bit on SD. He's officially great.

Oh now Big Show is feeling himself up. Awkward.

mr sabu
March 22nd, 2013, 9:47 PM
johnny so make a fancy looking fly kick motion before he hits the leg drop

Tainted Eclipse
March 23rd, 2013, 12:16 AM
i dont mind the jericho/fandango feud. for fandango to work he needs to accentuate his dancing gimmick with over the top aggression and a ridiculous, capricious temper where he snaps one people at the drop of a hat.

Hotbeef-Injection
March 23rd, 2013, 9:16 AM
I think Fandango is a bit like Brodus Clay. You see the gimmick, you laugh, it's memorable, but it won't headline any PPV anytime soon. Think about it, do you think Ryback gets to where he is by being the Funkasauraus?

I think gimmicks like this are good for getting a guy some quick recognition, but they have to ditch/evolve the character pretty quickly before it gets stale. Look at Clay, it's staler than a service station chip.

As for Jericho vs Fandango. I think it actually makes sense in terms of his gimmick that he would be egotistical enough to think that only Wrestlemania is suitable enough for his debut. Jericho and he could have a fun 10 minutes together, with Fandango picking up a cheap win, I assume.

Andy
March 23rd, 2013, 9:41 AM
The issue I have with Fandango is not with the character or that he's having a feud with Jericho. It's that he looks like getting on the Mania card. What has he done to deserve that ahead of Sandow, Rhodes, Cesaro, hell even Brodus.

He could've debuted the night after Mania and done the same thing and it would've been a nice match to put together for Extreme Rules.

And I know that it seems like a typical IWC smark thing to say, Jericho should face Ziggler, no one wants to see Rock/Cena etc. But the thing is, WWE has made us care about the likes of Ziggler, Cesaro etc. Ziggler won MITB, Cesaro is the US title holder, so surely they must know people would rather see them in action rather than someone who has been in the ring once, has never had a match etc.

They just don't seem to know where they're going at the moment. When Jericho came back it seemed certain he'd face Ziggler at Mania. Then it looked like they were building an IC match vs Barrett, which would've been great too. But now we're on this.

Cewsh
March 23rd, 2013, 9:46 AM
Well a big part of Brodus Clay's problem is that he isn't a good enough performer to do anything with the gimmick. It's a hard gimmick to work with, but even so, he gets lost in it.

Hotbeef-Injection
March 23rd, 2013, 9:58 AM
I agree about Fandango getting a spot above other guys actually. Cesaro should in no way be bumped for someone making their debut. I know that it's wrestlemania and the guys on the card get priority, but nobody has been booked as weakly as Cesaro recently. Especially considering how strong he looked heading into the new year. I hope he gets some mojo back post-Mania because I think he's a terrific talent.

chatty
March 23rd, 2013, 10:03 AM
I agree with Cewsh on the gimmick. Brodus is terrible in the ring and is bland on the mic, hell he can't even dance (that's why there are two hot birds to distract you) and he's now stale as hell. Brodus should really be a heel as he wouldn't have to talk, his less than stella ringwork could be masked more effectively and I doubt even kids dig his gimmick now.

Curtis is a decent in ring performer and is way better on the mic than Brodus will ever be, his gimmick will still get stale but all they have to do as it gets old is let his character develop more into normal person role and then have him change his name, no one will be bothered about that as they'll see it as a good thing and he'll already be established at whatever place he is on the card.

I think Jericho is a great opponent for him as well as he can push him in just about about any role and if he can hang he'll get over quicker, if not, he'll learn alot from working with a top veteran. If they had set the wheels in motion for this at or just after the Rumble it would have worked better but I'm looking forward to this more than Cena/Rock so it can't be that bad.

chatty
March 23rd, 2013, 10:05 AM
I agree about Fandango getting a spot above other guys actually. Cesaro should in no way be bumped for someone making their debut. I know that it's wrestlemania and the guys on the card get priority, but nobody has been booked as weakly as Cesaro recently. Especially considering how strong he looked heading into the new year. I hope he gets some mojo back post-Mania because I think he's a terrific talent.

Saying that, I also agree with this. If only they had a multi-man match which is exciting, could get a load of people on the card without taking excessive time and still felt like a big deal of a match.

Mills
March 23rd, 2013, 11:08 AM
Best leg drop I've seen since Dykstra

Brian M.
March 23rd, 2013, 9:56 PM
I love Cesaro, but Fandango has been generating more heat without stepping foot in the ring than Antonio has been able to get at any point during his WWE career. Which is fine, they just haven't figured out how to make the casual fan react to him yet. He'll get there as he's too talented not to. But I can see why WWE would prefer to throw Fandango in there. Seems as though they're pretty high on him.

StoneColdWWE316
March 24th, 2013, 1:15 AM
I was impressed by that leg drop Fandango hit on Jericho. I remember he was not that bad on NXT so maybe the Match with Jericho at WM is not a bad idea.

GtheMVP
March 24th, 2013, 8:23 AM
FInally watched Smackdown, I can see why they're high on Fandango, he's got some skill, that leg drop was dope, same for the kick he threw, solid athlete!

After the ending, I'm as convinced as I can be that Orton is leading the Shield, I can get behind that. Hopefully he fucks over Rock too! Is there a bigger injustice than the WWE champ missing two of the last four RAW shows, and then going on Jay Leno and only plugging GI-Joe, which will be utter trash? Orton owes Rock for ripping him back in 04 too.

Cewsh
March 24th, 2013, 3:02 PM
Yeah, they seem to really be building to an Orton turn.

VHS
March 24th, 2013, 4:41 PM
I've been ready for Orton's turn for years, but I wouldn't be ok with him being behind The Shield. Even though they were already somewhat "working" for Heyman, not under, I'd rather prefer them to stick to being their own entity.

Rip
March 24th, 2013, 5:17 PM
Orton being the power behind the Shield would be awful, can you imagine him in their promos?

He'd take time from the guys who have done the work, shit all over Ambroses' rise and pretty much demote Reigns and Rollins to mumbling background heavys until the badly telegraphed split when we'd get him outclassed by Ambrose in the ring but still coming out with the win.

I hate Blandy, there's no place for him here, it's the Ambrose show.

VHS
March 24th, 2013, 5:53 PM
There's no place for Randy with the role he's been playing for several years now. Ever since he's been the generic good guy, he hasn't done squat for the shows except RKO guys and pound the mat. He's had no direction even though he had a WWE title reign in there somewhere, which was really forgettable. But as a bad guy, he has so much to offer.

Shield working with Randy would be ok, but Shield working strictly for Randy would be lame.

Cewsh
March 24th, 2013, 5:56 PM
This would basically be Legacy 2 with way more credibility, which is actually a pretty great thing.

Brian M.
March 24th, 2013, 7:12 PM
If Orton turns heel, he doesn't have to align with Shield. He could just get fed up with being buddy-buddy with dudes like Sheamus who he doesn't even like and go rogue.

Psycho666Soldier
March 24th, 2013, 7:45 PM
If Orton/Sheamus/BIg Show lose to The Shield, that is enough set-up for Orton to get fed up and turn on Sheamus, especially considering he's been the one keeping Sheamus and Show from arguing. Or trying to, at least.

Hotbeef-Injection
March 24th, 2013, 8:30 PM
Please keep Randy away from Shield. It would reek of 'give Orton something to do'. It would be like Punk taking over Nexus - unnecessary. Shield doesn't need a leader. In fact it works so well because they consider themselves equals. Have Randy go heel and go against Shemus and eventually ADR.

G-Fresh
March 24th, 2013, 8:31 PM
Orton turning heel needs to happen soon.

StoneColdWWE316
March 24th, 2013, 10:37 PM
If Orton does turn Heel I don't see him joining The Shield.

Kev
March 24th, 2013, 10:45 PM
I thought he'd just turn Heel by RKOing Sheamus after splitting the two of them up from fighting after the match...

Might be a good move to take Orton to RAW as well, even though he'll be fresh as a Heel again, he's certainly ran through a lot of the talent on the Smackdown roster...

mr sabu
March 24th, 2013, 11:34 PM
i see Orton getting a brogue kick at mania

Brian M.
March 25th, 2013, 12:33 AM
I thought he'd just turn Heel by RKOing Sheamus after splitting the two of them up from fighting after the match...

Might be a good move to take Orton to RAW as well, even though he'll be fresh as a Heel again, he's certainly ran through a lot of the talent on the Smackdown roster...

With the exception of Cena and Punk, literally all of the wrestlers appear on both shows now. There really isn't a Smackdown or Raw roster anymore.

Cewsh
March 26th, 2013, 9:29 PM
Big spoiler news for Smackdown just came down. Half of you will be psyched and half of you will be furious.

John Laurinaitis returned to WWE television at tonight's SmackDown taping in Hershey, PA.The former Executive Vice President of Talent Relations interruped The Rock during his opening promo on the show. The Rock gave Laurinaitis a Rock Bottom and People's Elbow.

mth
March 27th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Here are the full spoilers for this week's Smackers from the main page:

Thanks to Derek J. for the following results from Hershey, Pennsylvania:

- Smackdown starts with the WWE Champion The Rock. Rock comes out and cuts a promo about a story when he was younger in the city of Hershey, Pennsylvania. He then cuts a promo on his opponent, John Cena. He gets interrupted by John Laurinaitis, who says he had permission from Teddy Long to come out and talk to the champion. Laurinaitis says that John Cena is the person that caused him from being fired and that he wants retribution. He says that he wants to be in the corner of The Rock. The Rock asks the crowd what they think before he ends up hitting a spinebuster and a people's elbow on the former General Manager.

1. Chris Jericho defeated Wade Barrett. The crowd was certainly behind Jericho in a really good match. Jericho would grab a microphone and say that he would love to face Wade Barrett for the Intercontinental Championship, but he is going to have to settle with facing Fandango. The Fandango stage prop drops and Jericho begins to make fun of his name. Fandango comes out only to walk away from Jericho.

- An interview that Matt Striker had with Paul Heyman is shown. He talks about Brock and Triple H's encounter at Wrestlemania.

- Booker T comes out with Teddy Long. They have Mark Henry and Ryback's weight lifting competition next. Ryback and Henry get the same score. After this happens, Booker T reminds them of his no contact rule. Henry drops the bar on Ryback's neck, in which Ryback rolls around grabbing his neck.

2. Team Hell No and Kaitlyn defeated Dolph Ziggler, Big E Langston, and AJ Lee. Ziggler provided most of the wrestling in the ring until Kane hit his boot to the face of Big E. Kaitlyn would end up spearing AJ and picking up the victory for her team.

The Shield cut a promo on the screen, talking about Justice and beating the trio at Wrestlemania.

3. Jack Swagger vs. The Great Khali end in a countout. Swagger puts the Patriot Lock on Hornswoggle when Ricardo Rodriguez comes out and taunts Swagger to come and attack him. As Swagger is distracted, Alberto Del Rio locks in his submission hold onto Zeb Colter. Jack Swagger comes back and Del Rio hits him and knocks him out of the ring.

- Backstage interview with The Big Show, Sheamus, and Randy Orton..

4. Randy Orton, Sheamus, and The Big Show defeated Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, and Antonio Cesaro in a very entertaining match. The faces hit their finishers on Rhodes Scholars and Cesaro. After the match, The Shield makes their way to the ring from the crowd. Orton, Sheamus, and Show attack them and beat them up into the crowd.

The Law
March 27th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Okay, I hated Johnny Ace's run as GM as much as anyone. But the thought of Cena selling out and aligning with him as a heel makes me giddy. I think that would be the solution to any concerns about Cena getting cheered as a heel.

V-Line
March 27th, 2013, 4:31 AM
So that Miz/Barrett match has some real heat behind it going into Mania :rolleyes:

JP
March 27th, 2013, 7:06 AM
Ahahahahahahahahahahaha YES! :hyper:

chatty
March 27th, 2013, 7:59 AM
Its a strange thing to add to the feud at this stage if their isn't a major swerve involved so adds interest to the match.

Hero!
March 27th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Spoilers for 3/29 now edited into the first post.

Sounds like another slow week, which sucks considering Mania is right around the corner. Hopefully we get some big stuff happening next week. Hell, maybe after Mania we can get a bunch of new guys, as we usually do around this time. SD needs some fresh faces.

JP
March 27th, 2013, 10:44 AM
How can it be considered slow when it has HIM on the show?

Hero!
March 27th, 2013, 10:46 AM
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs31/f/2008/208/b/1/It__s_HIM_by_sonsaiy.jpg

?

Peter Griffin
March 27th, 2013, 10:49 AM
How can it be considered slow when it has HIM on the show?

If HE is who i think you may be referring to, maybe its because he sucks these days :D

JP
March 27th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Johnny bloody Ace.

Peter Griffin
March 27th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Oh, then fair enough :yes:

Hero!
March 27th, 2013, 10:55 AM
You don't need to spoila tag it. I love me some big johnny, but it's just so random.

Chris Scott
March 27th, 2013, 7:48 PM
I think Smackdown the past month or two has been quite poor from the usual good shows it has.

Andy
March 29th, 2013, 8:26 PM
Haha, big Johnny's return was great.

Interesting to hear them focus on Cena's desperation too. I just hope they go somewhere with it other that Cena overcomes the doubters. :blah:

And get JBL on Raw. The guy is absolute gold. "Hey what you got against peanutbutter?" It's like Attitude Era King when he was actually funny. Let Jerry see out his career on SD.

Kimura Kid
March 29th, 2013, 9:03 PM
They put Ryberg over Henry in this Competition that's fuckin BS!!!

Kimura Kid
March 29th, 2013, 9:07 PM
This comp was tailored for Henry. They spent a decade building this gimmick and gonna put Rybeg over him? Why?

JBL "Ryback was gonna beat him"

Morrison
March 29th, 2013, 9:23 PM
This comp was tailored for Henry. They spent a decade building this gimmick and gonna put Rybeg over him? Why?

JBL "Ryback was gonna beat him"

because he's the fucking face. they've built the gimmick for over a decade, and considering henry is closer to retirement than not, why not put someone else over by using his very established gimmick. fucking duh.

Kimura Kid
March 29th, 2013, 9:31 PM
lol If you say so. Just figured he's gonna win at mania regardless. Why not have Henry break the World record and attack Ryback after Ryback scores say 45 Reps? not after he tied? Henry looks strong going in to mania and Ryback still looks stronger beating Henry at Mania.

Everyone looks good and you avoid shitting all over a gimmick that's been established over a decade. "Henry's closer to retirement than not" More opinions stated as if it's fact.

I love Henry and think he still has a lot of good years ahead of him, Especially if he's booked right and not shit on.

Kimura Kid
March 29th, 2013, 9:46 PM
I think all these guys have huge futures. Team Rhode Scholars and Cesaro.

I think they are all great especially Sandow.

Kimura Kid
March 29th, 2013, 9:58 PM
Awesome Match!! Awesome Ending!!

Psycho666Soldier
March 29th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Decent little match, there. A somewhat better episode of Smackdown than the last few weeks, but only barely. Smackdown is getting pretty hard to watch. I'm hoping this is a product of WrestleMania season, but Smackdown's generally been in a slump for about two years now.

Also, what the fuck is up with Cesaro's yodeling gimmick? I'm not sure if that's something the higher-ups told him to do or if it was his idea, but either way, I hate it. Far too obnoxious for his character.

Kimura Kid
March 29th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Agreed, Dafuq is with that Yodeling?? lol

mth
March 29th, 2013, 10:43 PM
lol If you say so. Just figured he's gonna win at mania regardless. Why not have Henry break the World record and attack Ryback after Ryback scores say 45 Reps? not after he tied? Henry looks strong going in to mania and Ryback still looks stronger beating Henry at Mania.

Everyone looks good and you avoid shitting all over a gimmick that's been established over a decade. "Henry's closer to retirement than not" More opinions stated as if it's fact.

I love Henry and think he still has a lot of good years ahead of him, Especially if he's booked right and not shit on.
Here's how I see it:
Having them tie doesn't shit all over Henry's gimmick. It helps Ryback look like a beast and more of an equal threat to Henry going into Mania. Henry's built as the strongest dude on the planet but if you then have another dude that's supposed to be a powerhouse monster but he can barely keep up, he doesn't look like much of a monster/threat. But if that other dude can go toe to toe with him power-wise then it's "Oh shit, someone who might be able to match strength with the strongest dude on the planet!" Evens the playing field and makes for the unstoppable force/immovable object scenario. Now you're questioning if Henry really is the strongest dude on the planet. He has been for a decade but maybe times are a-changing. Adds more intrigue.

As far as Henry retiring, he's addressed it a fair bit in recent interviews. Given his age and history of injuries, it's realistic to think it's not that far off.

Kimura Kid
March 29th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Fair enough. That makes good sense. And I guess I'm showing my ignorance on the issue with Henry. lol I had no idea about his recent interviews or Injuries.

GtheMVP
March 30th, 2013, 5:12 AM
Big Johnny is gold! He saved that Rock segment, I hope we get more of him.

Rock should be wrestling more, he needs to compete with other talent, or at least interact with more backstage. I'd like to see someone on the lower end of the talent roster challenge the Rock, like a Cesaro. Judging from Rock's last few matches, he needs all the reps he can get.

StoneColdWWE316
March 30th, 2013, 11:32 PM
The Rock & Johnny Segment was pretty good. Also liked the 6-Man Tag and the Weight lifting competition. I do agree about Cesaro's yodeling thing,where did that come from?

The Law
April 2nd, 2013, 12:06 PM
I'm pretty sure they feel Cesaro is getting subpar reactions from the crowd, so they are adding new aspects to his character. They also brought back the five languages thing. Now, I would agree he's not getting great reactions lately. But I think that has more to do with him not having had anything to do since his feud with Miz ended and the fact that he's been losing almost every week for two months now. Hopefully after Wrestlemania they will give him a new program and things will start to pick up again.

Jacknife
April 2nd, 2013, 12:08 PM
What's Vince's announcement

G-Fresh
April 2nd, 2013, 12:11 PM
I can't stand Cesaro, but I see no real need to end a good championship reign.

Morrison
April 2nd, 2013, 11:16 PM

do you not know how wrestling works?

Morrison
April 2nd, 2013, 11:17 PM
Fair enough. That makes good sense. And I guess I'm showing my ignorance on the issue with Henry. lol I had no idea about his recent interviews or Injuries.

where do you think he was for that nine month stretch before he returned?

darkhorse
April 3rd, 2013, 3:26 AM
Smackdown spoilers for 4/5:

* Ryback defeated Epico and Primo in a handicap match

* Team Rhodes Scholars and The Bella Twins come out dressed as Tons of Funk and the Funkadactyls. They are then interrupted by the real group and they all brawl in the ring. Team Rhodes Scholars and The Bellas retreat.

* Jack Swagger defeated Kofi Kingston

(credit: lordsofpain.net)

Hero!
April 4th, 2013, 9:23 PM
..is that it? Where's the rest of the show? JUST RECAPS OR SOMETHING?

mth
April 4th, 2013, 9:24 PM
It'll just be recaps and hype videos.

darkhorse
April 5th, 2013, 2:30 AM
Pretty much, yeah. The Smackdown right before Wrestlemania is usually light on matches.

takerson
April 5th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Yeah, the past few years, the SD! before WM has simply been a WM hype show, with literally maybe 2 or 3 matches that were taped the night of Raw.

Kimura Kid
April 5th, 2013, 11:26 AM
do you not know how wrestling works?

Not really. I was a big wrestling fan before the internet blew up and we had access to the knowledge you all share today. I stopped watching wrestling in 1997 when I was 13. Back then 13 Year olds weren't running around with Ipad's and Laptops.

where do you think he was for that nine month stretch before he returned?

Yeah I just got back in to Wrestling 2 Months ago......so there's about 16 Years of shit I've missed.

I truly appreciate your feedback though. It's quite impressive. You've been a great help and a huge addition to this thread. :/

Cewsh
April 5th, 2013, 11:31 AM
I completely agree with Kimura here. Ryback has been built as a monster, and the only two ways to really draw interest in feuds with a character like that is to either put him up against someone so dickish that you want to see them destroyed, or to put him in there with someone that even he will struggle to beat. With Mark Henry, they had the rare opportunity to make Ryback the underdog in a feud with someone actually stronger than them, but throughout the feud, and in the weightlifting segment, they've made Henry afraid of Ryback, and have removed a large part of what has made Henry a threatening force all this time.

It's not going to kill my enjoyment of the match or anything, but having the monster heel be afraid of the babyface going into a match like this is the complete opposite of how these angles traditionally work.

Kimura Kid
April 5th, 2013, 11:44 AM
I completely agree with Kimura here. Ryback has been built as a monster, and the only two ways to really draw interest in feuds with a character like that is to either put him up against someone so dickish that you want to see them destroyed, or to put him in there with someone that even he will struggle to beat. With Mark Henry, they had the rare opportunity to make Ryback the underdog in a feud with someone actually stronger than them, but throughout the feud, and in the weightlifting segment, they've made Henry afraid of Ryback, and have removed a large part of what has made Henry a threatening force all this time.

It's not going to kill my enjoyment of the match or anything, but having the monster heel be afraid of the babyface going into a match like this is the complete opposite of how these angles traditionally work.

Yes!!! I may not be the most knowledgable guy here about how wrestling works. But it's pretty obvious Ryback is going to win at mania. And week after week they are making Henry look weak compared to Ryback and I can't understand why. The weight lifting contest was just the icing on the cake. I guess it makes Ryback look like a beast but Back in my day the Heel Was typically getting the best of the Baby Face leading up to the PPV, To draw Interest. But this angle is the opposite. They are making Henry look like shit and Ryback is looking great leading up to an event that he's going to win.

Just doesn't make sense to me.

Peter Griffin
April 5th, 2013, 6:43 PM
Well Smackdown in the UK tonight isnt the show the Americans are getting, just previous WM matches. One of them being Hogan/Rock, which having seen it for the first time in years I have to concede is fucking awesome after previously stating it wasnt 'that' good.

Chris Scott
April 5th, 2013, 7:19 PM
Yeah just watched that Smackdown WrestleMania PG, decent matches on.

Kimura Kid
April 5th, 2013, 8:55 PM
Rhode Scholars are fucking awesome!!

One Man Gang
April 5th, 2013, 9:01 PM
Wish they had done that on RAW.

Kimura Kid
April 5th, 2013, 9:10 PM
Agreed!!

chatty
April 6th, 2013, 7:48 AM
Ryback hasnt been booked well at all after he initially got over. Apart fron a chant theyve given no reason for anyone to care a lot about him winning this match, hes lost at about six ppvs in a row (which is pretty much everyone he has been involved in) and in the feuds where they have invoked any sympathy on him (punk, shield) they had him lose every match.

Chris Scott
April 6th, 2013, 8:40 AM
Rhode Scholars are fucking awesome!!

What did they do?

Kimura Kid
April 6th, 2013, 10:40 AM
What did they do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7g_xjE7qoA

Chris Scott
April 7th, 2013, 6:54 PM
Video not available in my County.

Bennedy
April 7th, 2013, 6:55 PM
They dressed up as Tons of Funk and took the piss out of them.

Chris Scott
April 7th, 2013, 6:58 PM
Coolio.

Hero!
April 9th, 2013, 9:29 PM
on-going:

WWE taped this week’s WWE Smackdown Tuesday night from the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. Below are full results including live news and notes:

The crowd seems to be slightly different from Monday night’s Raw. A Fandango theme song chant was a fail early on.
Lots of Ric Flair “Wooos” are warming up the crowd.
A recap of WrestleMania is shown, and there are a lot of boos for Cena.
Dark Match:
* Justin Gabriel defeated Curt Hawkins with the 450 splash.
WWE SmackDown
A highlight video of Triple H getting medical attention after WrestleMania was shown right before SmackDown started. They showed a graphic that he will be here tonight, making the crowd go nuts.
The show starts with Big E Langston doing his best Ricardo Rodriguez impersonation. He introduces the new World Heavyweight Champion, Dolph Ziggler, who makes his way to the ring with AJ Lee and to a huge pop. Ziggler cuts a promo and is doing his best to be a heel.
Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter interrupt Ziggler. Zeb says that Swagger wants a title shot. They leave and Ziggler continues acting cocky when Alberto Del Rio comes out limping wanting a title shot too.
Chris Jericho then comes out. The crowd is starting to turn on Ziggler. Jericho tells Ziggler that his first opponent World Heavyweight Champion is Chris Jericho and that match is tonight.
* Team Hell No defeated The Prime Time Players pretty easily in a short match. Daniel Bryan won the match for his team with the No Lock. After the match, The Shield come on the screen and cut a promo saying that they won’t back down again and that they can strike at any time.
* WWE Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett defeated Santino Marella. Santino got a little offense in this match and countered the Bullhammer to hit his Santino splash. Barrett quickly capitalized to hit the Bullhammer for the victory.
Backstage segment with Sheamus, Booker T, Teddy Long and Randy Orton. Booker T announced a handicap match with Sheamus and Randy Orton facing The Big Show tonight.
* The Bella Twins and Tamina Snuka defeated The Funkadactyls and WWE Divas Champion Kaitlyn.
There have been lots of failed attempts for chants of Fandango’s theme song from the crowd. Seems like the crowd isn’t like the crowd from Monday’s Raw.
Triple H is up next.

Hero!
April 9th, 2013, 9:31 PM
cmon boston get your shit together.

duhduh duh duh duhduhduh

Kdestiny
April 9th, 2013, 9:38 PM
Maybe WWE needs to make sure those kinds of fans are at all of their shows... I'd take that employment

Hero!
April 9th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Updated first post with full results. The Kane/Bryan/Trips segment sounds so bizarre.

Judas Iscariot
April 9th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Updated first post with full results. The Kane/Bryan/Trips segment sounds so bizarre.

The Kane/Bryan/Trips thing was probably just for the live crowd. After The Shield gets sent back into the crowd it probably goes right to commercial while the two groups dramatically look at each other.

Zacharie
April 9th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Looks like we're back to our usual live audience. Oh well, at least we got one fun week.

Ochoa
April 10th, 2013, 5:04 AM
How bad are things for Cesaro if he's losing to Kofi? I mean I love Kofi, but he hasn't been noteworthy in a while.

JP
April 10th, 2013, 5:35 AM
Looks like we're back to our usual live audience. Oh well, at least we got one fun week.

You've got a couple of weeks to wait, they're back over here then.

We'll show you how it's done. ;)

Chris Scott
April 10th, 2013, 6:24 PM
Well said JP.

Cewsh
April 10th, 2013, 6:28 PM
How bad are things for Cesaro if he's losing to Kofi? I mean I love Kofi, but he hasn't been noteworthy in a while.

In fairness, people were saying much the same about Ziggler a month ago.

It's pretty clear that they're letting Cesaro wrestle while they figure out how to repackage him. Which is smart on their part, and makes for enjoyable matches for us.

Rip
April 10th, 2013, 6:31 PM
Kofi might not be the biggest name right now but he will bounce around like a rubber ball which plays to Cesaro as well, win or lose he'll look good doing it.

Kev
April 10th, 2013, 8:30 PM
Here's what happened after the show.... I've gotta say... Bryan hitting a very specific move is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AaBma55xmqA

Andy
April 10th, 2013, 8:47 PM
ahahaha I love Daniel Bryan. Probably my favourite Kane run in 10 years too.

Psycho666Soldier
April 10th, 2013, 8:53 PM
In fairness, people were saying much the same about Ziggler a month ago.

It's pretty clear that they're letting Cesaro wrestle while they figure out how to repackage him. Which is smart on their part, and makes for enjoyable matches for us.

While I am not at all worried for Cesaro's future(WWE love him, he'll get his big break), it's still been sloppy booking with him. He doesn't have to be prominent, but he's been losing A LOT, and he's a champion. That's something that can't be denied. You can have him sit on the back burner without constantly having him do the job.

Here's what happened after the show.... I've gotta say... Bryan hitting a very specific move is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AaBma55xmqA

Even more reason why Bryan is a beast. Also, that crowd sounds just fine. They went WILD with YES's after that Chokeslam. Immense.

mth
April 10th, 2013, 8:54 PM
bwahahaha. Great stuff.

Hero!
April 10th, 2013, 9:05 PM
Yes!slam

Atty
April 10th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Bryan needs the fucking title and to main event every show. Such a glorious man.

virms
April 10th, 2013, 11:12 PM
That was great. Kane's no reaction sealed the deal.

Mills
April 11th, 2013, 12:08 AM
and its gone :(

Judas Iscariot
April 11th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Of course it would be gone just when I want to watch it.

I hate my life and I hate all of you.

Atty
April 11th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Bryan has a better chokeslam than Kane.

Ringo
April 12th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Watched the "international edition". Only 42 minutes. :dunno:

Opening segment was good. Zeb, ADR and especially JERICHO who got a great reaction were all good on the mic.

Big Mark ran over Sheamus after the handicap match backstage and told him in no uncertain terms that he is the man and that's what he does. I'm guessing it'll be a 4-way at ER. Add Cena/Ryback probably in a cage, possibly a ladder stip for Shield/Hell No and variations of No DQ rules to Fandango/Jericho and ADR/Ziggler. Pretty solid card I reckon.

The fandangoing was audible as he got into the ring. He's great.

Kimura Kid
April 12th, 2013, 1:20 PM
Seems like Smackdown is gonna be sick tonight!!

Kimura Kid
April 12th, 2013, 9:03 PM
Roman Reigns got sleeved up!

Hero!
April 12th, 2013, 9:05 PM
Yeah, he had it the last Monday before Mania.

Kimura Kid
April 12th, 2013, 9:06 PM
Damn, Someone hasn't been paying attention...haha. I'm a doofus

G-Fresh
April 12th, 2013, 9:10 PM
Trips needs to grow his fuckin hair out.

Kimura Kid
April 12th, 2013, 9:12 PM
he's got that wrinkled fucking head......looks like a a fucking shar pei

Kneeneighbor
April 12th, 2013, 9:37 PM
Just turned this on... first time watching Smackdown since in was on Thursday Nights.

Psycho666Soldier
April 12th, 2013, 9:38 PM
Yeah, I was pretty excited for tonight's episode of Smackdown. All the story bits have been nice. Now let's hope Ziggler and Jericho can save this show on the match side of things.

Kimura Kid
April 12th, 2013, 9:44 PM
That's awesome shtick with the Belt in his entrance. But why's he come out 1st?

Dafuq?

Kneeneighbor
April 12th, 2013, 9:46 PM
I missed it, what did he do with the title?

Psycho666Soldier
April 12th, 2013, 9:47 PM
It's a trend in WWE these days. Bringing out the champions first, especially when their opponents are bigger stars. I don't agree with it...but unfortunately it's somewhat standard.

I LOVED the entrance schtick, too. Great way to make his reign stand-out a bit more.

Judas Iscariot
April 12th, 2013, 9:51 PM
I missed it, what did he do with the title?

He wore the belt backwards and did his ass wiggle.

lol @ piped in boos for Ziggs.

Kneeneighbor
April 12th, 2013, 9:57 PM
GOD the things I would do to AJ

Psycho666Soldier
April 12th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Well, the match wasn't quite what I was hoping for, but it was still a pretty good episode of Smackdown. I liked the finish, too. Jericho gets his time off with an "injury" to push this feud with Fandango even farther. I dig it.

Kimura Kid
April 12th, 2013, 10:02 PM
It's a trend in WWE these days. Bringing out the champions first, especially when their opponents are bigger stars. I don't agree with it...but unfortunately it's somewhat standard.

I LOVED the entrance schtick, too. Great way to make his reign stand-out a bit more.

That's terrible. It hinders their growth. How do they expect people to believe he's legit when they have the champion enter 1st.....fuck maybe I'm old school but having that title is an automatic last entry to the ring. Brutal

Kneeneighbor
April 12th, 2013, 10:04 PM
^^^Unless you are facing Hogan^^^

But I agree I always want the champion out last.

StoneColdWWE316
April 13th, 2013, 12:26 AM
Pretty good Post-Mania episode of Smackdown. Another good Match between Ziggler/Jericho. Was that it for Y2J? I think i read he would be at the London RAW.

The Fandango humming continued from the Boston Fans. Love it.

Psycho666Soldier
April 13th, 2013, 2:51 AM
Pretty good Post-Mania episode of Smackdown. Another good Match between Ziggler/Jericho. Was that it for Y2J? I think i read he would be at the London RAW.

The Fandango humming continued from the Boston Fans. Love it.

I doubt that was it for Jericho. 1) He always comes back, and I doubt he'd go out without a proper send-off, and 2) the segment screamed of a future return for Jericho. Since he's touring this next month, my guess is he finishes up that tour and comes back to rekindle the feud. Probably have the rematch at Payback, if not at Extreme Rules.

Psycho666Soldier
April 13th, 2013, 2:52 AM
Also, I typed up the review tonight. I'm gonna wait until tomorrow morning to post it. I feel rejuvenated after taking a month off. Look forward to it if you're interested.

Warning: There will be a bit of Ziggler Dick-Riding.

Andy
April 15th, 2013, 7:27 PM
I really enjoyed Barrett vs Santino on SD. To me, that's how you book a midcard title. Barrett looked dominant but it wasn't a squash, meaning we got a good fun match and both men looked about as strong as they should. So much better than when Miz was just beating the Prime Time Players in a couple of minutes every week.

StoneColdWWE316
April 15th, 2013, 11:33 PM
I doubt that was it for Jericho. 1) He always comes back, and I doubt he'd go out without a proper send-off, and 2) the segment screamed of a future return for Jericho. Since he's touring this next month, my guess is he finishes up that tour and comes back to rekindle the feud. Probably have the rematch at Payback, if not at Extreme Rules.

I didn't mean it it. I just meant was that it for him for the time being.

mth
April 17th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Here are your spoilers for this week's Smackers:

Michael Cole and JBL came out for commentary. Lilian Garcia came out to serve as the ring announcer.

The Fandango set lowered onto the stage and in the ring. Fandango’s music played and the crowd went wild. The crowd sang the song or at least tried to. The Fandango display lit up with small flares. Fandango messed with Lilian Garcia and said she looked excellent tonight. Lilian looked like she was ready to puke and Fandango told her that she was terrible when trying to Fandango.

Santino Marella came out.

1. Fandango defeated Santino Marella. Santino tried to hit The Cobra and Fandango blocked it and hit his finisher to win the match. Fandango gets on the mic and said “It’s Fandango.” A pretty quick match for the first match of Smackdown.

Backstage, Booker T and Teddy Long were talking and in came Big Show to talk to them.

2. U.S. Champion Kofi Kingston defeated Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett. The crowd was dead in the middle of the match and then started a Kofi Kingston chant. Barrett went for a pin and got a two count. Kofi rolled up Wade Barrett to get the pin.

A video was shown of from last week’s Smackdown of Mark Henry and Sheamus. Another video of these two from Monday Night Raw was shown.

Mark Henry was interviewed backstage. Sheamus attacked Henry.

A few video clips of Dolph Ziggler were shown with Alberto Del Rio and Jack Swagger with Zeb Colter…

Alberto Del Rio came out with Ricardo Rodriguez to a nice pop. Out next was Jack Swagger with Zeb Colter with medium heat for both…

3. Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriguez) beat Jack Swagger (w/Zeb Colter). When the official’s back was turned, Zeb punched Del Rio. Later, Del Rio ran into the corner post with his shoulder. Del Rio’s knee was bandaged heavily. A “We The People” chant started but was weak while a Del Rio chant got momentum and then slowed down once Swagger got back on the offense.

Swagger taunted Del Rio, and Del Rio got on fire and turned things around for a short bit. There were several near falls throughout the match. Swagger applied the Patriot Lock, and Del Rio made it to the ropes for the break. Del Rio ended up winning by pinfall. A very good match as it went on…

A video was shown of John Cena and Ryback…

A video of The Shield was shown in which they mocked John Cena and spoke about how Ryback just watched Cena at the end of Raw. The Shield said Ryback knows how justice feels. They went on to talk about Undertaker and said Taker he was afraid and scared to death of The Shield…

4. The Great Khali, Hornswoggle, and Natalya defeated Primo, Epico, and Rosa Mendes. This match was set up because Primo and Epico took Hornswoggle’s parking spot when they were in the parking lot. No joke. A quick match that nobody really seemed to care about. Natty, Great Khali, and Horny danced in the ring…

A video of CM Punk from Raw was shown…

The crew messed with the aprons and the mat again. A video of Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman’s “Challenge Issued” segment from Raw was shown…

WWE Smackdown returns to Knoxville on November 19, 2013. The presale password is Knoxville and it starts tonight at the online box office knoxvilletickets.com…

Triple H will respond to Brock Lesnar on Monday’s WWE Raw television show…

5. Big Show and Mark Henry defeated Sheamus and Randy Orton. A decent pop for Big Show. Orton came out and the place went wild for him. Next out is Sheamus and the place was even louder pop for the Great White. Show won the match for his team by chokeslamming Orton and pinning him.

Dark Match

The Shield came out and attacked Orton and Sheamus. The Shield was in control at the start and Triple H’s music played and the crowd erupted for the biggest pop of the night. Triple H had a black cast on his left arm. Sheamus performed a Brogue Kick on Roman Reigns. Orton set up an RKO on Reigns, which was followed by a Pedigree by Triple H. The Shield retreated. Triple H’s music played to send everyone home happy.

Credit: George B. Walsh, Chris Newman & ProWrestling.net

VHS
April 17th, 2013, 1:02 AM
This week's taken a huge dip in quality since last week. Looking at the Smacker spoilers, all I feel is meh.

I'm really becoming tired of the majority of the ones getting the tv time.

Hero!
April 17th, 2013, 2:06 AM
Lots of video packages, it seems.

mr sabu
April 17th, 2013, 2:16 AM
i hate this send everyone home happy crap

Ochoa
April 17th, 2013, 2:43 AM
Barrett loses to R-Truth and now Kofi? Seriously?

Bennedy
April 17th, 2013, 5:11 AM
i hate this send everyone home happy crap

Haha yeah. It's not as if anybody is going to cry if the heels end up on top.

Pretty poor Smackdown. I hate Kofi Kingston with a passion.

Andy
April 17th, 2013, 8:47 AM
At this stage being the IC champ is actually a hindrance. Looks like they want them to get TV time but all they do is lose.

Fanny Batter
April 17th, 2013, 9:09 AM
Legitimate question - in the last 4 weeks has any regular but The Shield, Cena and Mark Henry not eaten a pinfall/submission loss? Seems everybody is in a win-lose formula which helps nobody whatsoever. Never before has the company felt so low on stars when the talent is there.

Peter Griffin
April 17th, 2013, 9:13 AM
Faaaaan-daaaaaan-gooooooo for one :D

Peter Griffin
April 17th, 2013, 9:16 AM
Maybe team hell no as well?

PurePlayer
April 17th, 2013, 9:28 AM
Maybe team hell no as well?

Bryan lost to both Ziggler and Langsten. I think Kane lost to Ziggler on Smackdown as well due to interference.

Peter Griffin
April 17th, 2013, 9:32 AM
Ha fair enough.

Andy
April 17th, 2013, 9:55 AM
The only people I can think of who haven't lost recently are The Usos and...that's it.

VHS
April 17th, 2013, 11:48 AM
World heavyweight champion: loses non-title match 24 hours after winning belt.
IC champion: loses on WM pre-show, gains it back 24 hours later, loses non- title match to US champion.
US champion: doesn't defend at WM, loses 24 hours later.
Divas champion: doesn't defend at WM, loses non-title match 24 hours later.
Tag division: all jobbers.

If you're not John Cena or a apart of Hell No, it really sucks to be you. By the look of the majority of divisions, it doesn't look like WWE has separate focus teams for each division. To me, a huge chunk of the ones getting the tv time (Santino Marella, Big Show, Booker T, Teddy Long, Kofi Kingston, Jack Swagger, Great Khali, Hornswoggle, and Randy Orton) are outrageous shlock. While John Cena takes his place as WWE champion yet again, the smaller superstars are still being buried and broken down to where they don't even stand a chance against the "good guys."

I keep hoping for change within WWE, but it looks like this is going to be our product until the horizon gets here.

Cewsh
April 17th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Considering that people were being pushed en masse about 3 or 4 months ago, I don't think it's this endlessly dire situation. I think they're just sorting out how they want to push things in the coming year. Raw doesn't even have a head writer right now, so they seem to be indecisive at the moment. It'll work itself out.

VHS
April 17th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Considering that people were being pushed en masse about 3 or 4 months ago, I don't think it's this endlessly dire situation. I think they're just sorting out how they want to push things in the coming year. Raw doesn't even have a head writer right now, so they seem to be indecisive at the moment. It'll work itself out.

I don't know, Cewsh. I see it as increasingly dire since all the credibility they were building up for these up and coming superstars (Cesaro/Barrett) has been for naught, and more than half of the current titles mean absolutely nothing. There's no prestige anytime somebody like Kofi Kingston wins the US title again because all his previous reigns haven't amounted to anything. Stuff like this makes the future very unassuring for the future that WWE keeps bringing up.

Cewsh
April 17th, 2013, 12:46 PM
I certainly see your point, but I do think that you're getting a little caught up in the present. The IC and US titles aren't any more or less credible than they've ever been in recent years, which has been a problem for some time, but isn't really a new development. A new guys are getting pushed all the time, even now. Ziggler took a loss and I don't agree with that, but he and Ryback are certainly the center of attention right now. Just give it time.

Fanny Batter
April 17th, 2013, 1:58 PM
Post-Extreme Rules, Pre-Money in the Bank is usually shite, consisting of tired feuds on the top as they sort the midcard out after they've killed them pre-Mania. Then the MITB PPV, which is easily the most effective PPV they have in recent years, adds relevance to those guys by mixing them up with main-eventers credibly and having them in the prestigious match with the near guarantee of a title. They just need to find an act that keeps people interested in the interim - last year the Punk/Bryan/Kane/AJ stuff worked around generally bland TV (albeit useful, getting Ryback, Cesaro, Rhodes etc. over) but was enough of a hook to keep people interested. The year before was R Truth's turn, which I wasn't invested in and tuned out. 2010, before Nexus, had Mysterio/Punk. This year I worry that without Punk there will be nothing to get invested in, leaving the next 2 months entirely forgettable.

chatty
April 17th, 2013, 4:59 PM
They only seem to push people so they can feed them to Cena. Punk aside I suppose (even though he lost to Cena, he still come out looking good).

Similar to the Hogan years I guess. In between they always had two guys who were superstars and a backup of next level superstars to back them up. This time they have Cena and Punk behind him, then guys who can only wrestle 1-2 times a year max and then a mid-card who dont get much of a push.

Shield have been great so far though, I just worry the end result is all three getting an AA of Cena and losing a handicap match.

VHS
April 17th, 2013, 5:58 PM
And then he'll shake their hands because he respects them.

Kimura Kid
April 19th, 2013, 2:23 PM
Another Friday and another smackdown!! I seriously love wrestling again!! Can't wait to get home and turn on Smackdown!!

Jack Swagger Vs Del Rio - Wasn't impressed with their match at mania and doubt they will do anything to impress me here tonight but It should be entertaining, I'm sure the Show Off will be watching thiws match possibly at commentary. Possible Run in??

Sheamus and Orton Vs Henry and Show - This match should be interesting. I enjoy Orton and Henry and Big Show is always fun to watch. Should be entertaining.

Champion Vs Champion
Kofi Vs Barrett - This match should be the match of the night. I think both of these guys are talented and excited to see them square off.

Fandango Vs Santino - It's Fandango sooooo yeah should be good!

Great Khali, Hornswoggle and Natalya vs Epico, Primo and Rosa Mendes - Seriously enough of this shit! Dafuq?

Plus:

Shield will prolly run in on someone and that's always good fun!!

Yeah I'm excited for smackdown....Shoot me!! :mtr:

Kdestiny
April 19th, 2013, 3:03 PM
I think as far as the Shield goes...

i feel like WWE knows they made a mistake with the Nexus and the Corre. I have heard that a few one on one losses won't hurt and ultimately they won't. I just hope they keep them unstoppable as a group and it will definitely build them up.

i feel if they has treated Nexus like they do with the Shield, Wade would be a World Champ easily by now.

Kimura Kid
April 19th, 2013, 3:19 PM
Barrett loses to R-Truth and now Kofi? Seriously?

C'mon man WTF?

Andy
April 19th, 2013, 3:34 PM
I'd quite like to see The Shield have a few 1 on 1 matches where they looks pretty dominant, then when it comes to the bigger matches they have some original new ways to act as a team in distracting the ref or whatever to win. Keep the team dynamic at all times.

Kimura Kid
April 19th, 2013, 8:05 PM
lol @ fandango dropping Lilian...haha

G-Fresh
April 19th, 2013, 8:12 PM
That was creepy.

Kimura Kid
April 19th, 2013, 8:18 PM
Pretty sure "Fandangoing" is dead

Hero!
April 19th, 2013, 9:23 PM
Sorry SD, I don't think any Americans watched you tonight.

Judas Iscariot
April 19th, 2013, 9:42 PM
Lillian Garcia is a singer, right? Why can't she translate her vocal skills and breath control to ring announcements?

Judas Iscariot
April 19th, 2013, 9:44 PM
Sorry SD, I don't think any Americans watched you tonight.

Nobody fucking watches because the show is on the Friday night death slot. But they get the ratings on SyFy, so god bless their advertising padded wallets.

Rip
April 20th, 2013, 6:03 AM
http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/120/c423a49c1ffe4af2ae2487d7921330a6/l.jpg

takerson
April 20th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Oh cool. You're there?

Judas Iscariot
April 20th, 2013, 3:21 PM
Rip, you need to inform your children that Randy Orton sucks and that Dean Ambrose should set him on fire.

Just inform them that Dean Ambrose should burn things.

Rip
April 20th, 2013, 4:02 PM
Big lad hates Randy almost as much as I do, sadly the middle lad likes him (but only because he's teaming with the mad Irishman) the little fella doesn't really care either way as long as he gets to chant 'Feed me more!' each week he's happy.

The three lads have already decided when they're old enough that they're going to be the new Shield, they even worked out who they'll be... James will be Reigns (because he's the biggest), Alex Rollins (because he likes to jump off things) and Ben Ambrose (because he's nuts), fatherhood of these three lunatics is spending my time 33% scared 33% proud & 33% confused.

G-Fresh
April 20th, 2013, 4:09 PM
That's awesome bro.

takerson
April 20th, 2013, 4:29 PM
Watch out for James randomly yelling "BELIEVE IN THE SHEEEEEIIIILD!!!!" as he Gore's you through the closet door. :yes:

Rip
April 20th, 2013, 4:33 PM
I'm more worried about Ben doing elbow drops off his wardrobe right now, that and the parkour course they have round the house!

Hero!
April 21st, 2013, 1:46 PM
Rip, if they start powerbombing your chickens & rabbits, GET WORRIED.

Rip
April 21st, 2013, 3:37 PM
Nah mate, you should see the size of the chickens, I've got a seven year old Belvedere hen that stands nearly 2ft at her comb.

Badger
April 22nd, 2013, 7:16 AM
"And in these sheds stand big 20 foot high chickens!"

Rip
April 22nd, 2013, 7:51 AM
But do they know why they are so big?

Ringo
April 22nd, 2013, 7:02 PM
Surprisingly, this was actually a decent show.

Fandango seducing Lillian. He's still keeping it weeiiiiird. Santino's failed kip-up routine before finally succeeding. Fandango's finisher works well.

Barrett/Kofi was fun. Kofi looked up for it. Roll up finish works for me.

Big Mark's attacks on Sheamus have been brilliant so was good to see Sheamus hold up his end of the deal with that crazy spear in the back.

ADR/Swagz was very good and I have nommed it.

The argument over the parking spot, Colons with their latino music and Khali and friends in the little Fiat :lol:

Main was decent too. Really hope they go for a four way rather than separate singles matches. Super monster connection standing strong.

Beer-Belly
April 23rd, 2013, 5:14 PM
So... big time spoilers for the UK Smackdown taping...

http://i.imgur.com/enqjgwi.jpg

:hyper:

Beer-Belly
April 23rd, 2013, 5:16 PM
Well, shit. Apparently that won't be televised. Lame.

Ringo
April 23rd, 2013, 5:51 PM
FFS BEER BELLY :(

Ringo
April 23rd, 2013, 5:53 PM
"In a dark match that took place after Tuesday's WWE SmackDown tapings from London, England, The Undertaker defeated Dean Ambrose via submission with Hell's Gate.

After the match, The Shield attacked The Undertaker. Triple H and the New Age Outlaws then ran down to make the save and helped The Undertaker fight off The Shield."

:eek:

Hope someone has cammed that shit up.

mth
April 23rd, 2013, 5:55 PM
Yeah, that was the dark match after the show.
Here are the full spoilers for this week's SD from the main page:
WWE taped this week's episode of SmackDown on Tuesday from the O2 Arena in London, England. Here are complete spoiler results:

- The show opens with the No DQ match between Jack Swagger and Alberto Del Rio. There are a lot of weapons used during the match, including a ladder, chairs and a kendo stick. Both Zeb Colter and Ricardo Rodriguez got involved. After a lot of near falls, Jack Swagger gets the win after knocking out Del Rio with a ladder.

- Sheamus vs. Big Show and Mark Henry vs. Randy Orton is announced for later in the show.

- Layla defeated Aksana.

- Backstage, The Shield talked about their win over The Undertaker and Hell No from RAW.

- Fandango defeated Justin Gabriel.

- Big Show beat Sheamus after Mark Henry came down and distracted him.

- Wade Barrett beat William Regal.

- Mark Henry beat Randy Orton by DQ when Sheamus distracted Henry and hit him with a Brogue Kick. After the match, Orton laid out Mark Henry with an RKO.

virms
April 23rd, 2013, 10:51 PM
So it is safe to say Judas will probably beat his dick off to the dark match.

Judas Iscariot
April 23rd, 2013, 11:21 PM
I had read that that dark match was actually:

The closer to the show. Taker got Ambrose to tap to Hell's Gate and the rest of the Shield came at him. Taker went for something or other and Reigns speared him through the barricade. Ambrose then beat the shit out of him with a chair repeatedly and they triple power bombed him through the announce table.

The spoiler then said that that seemed to be when the taping ended, and then the save was made for Taker.

I'd rather that so I can whack it to my TV rather than an iPhone video on youtube, but hey whateva.

Judas Iscariot
April 23rd, 2013, 11:57 PM
Dark match?

http://wrestleshare.com/?di=GPMQ

:panic: :panic: :panic:

mth
April 24th, 2013, 12:14 AM
I'm not sure why we're spoiler tagging a dark match. You can't really spoil something that's not going to be televised. But whatever, here's what the main page said about it:
In a dark match that took place after Tuesday's WWE SmackDown tapings from London, England, The Undertaker defeated Dean Ambrose via submission with Hell's Gate.

After the match, The Shield attacked The Undertaker. Triple H and the New Age Outlaws then ran down to make the save and helped The Undertaker fight off The Shield.

Judas Iscariot
April 24th, 2013, 12:25 AM
I'm not sure why we're spoiler tagging a dark match. You can't really spoil something that's not going to be televised. But whatever, here's what the main page said about it:
In a dark match that took place after Tuesday's WWE SmackDown tapings from London, England, The Undertaker defeated Dean Ambrose via submission with Hell's Gate.

After the match, The Shield attacked The Undertaker. Triple H and the New Age Outlaws then ran down to make the save and helped The Undertaker fight off The Shield.

Well I figured just in case.

I read on another forum (I'm sorry Rajah, I love you) that had a bunch of posters who were there saying they thought it wasn't a dark match, especially because of who was standing over who at the end, the spots that occurred and then the feel good save afterward which tends to be done to send the crowd home happy.

It would also provide a way to write someone off of shows for a while and contribute to a feud.

But we'll see, eh?

I could just be hoping for something, but I figured better safe in case it ruins anything for anyone.

VOZZY
April 24th, 2013, 5:09 AM
Wouldn't it be better for ratings to show the match

Ringo
April 24th, 2013, 9:57 AM
The reports vary, but it may be televised after all...

Apparently the announcers were still out. Also, The Shield powerbombing Taker through the announce table and posing does sound like an appropriate place to end the show before the Outlaws and Trips turn up AFTER the cameras stop rolling.

* The Undertaker defeated Dean Ambrose in a 7-8 minute match. Undertaker was able to hit a chokeslam. Shortly after, 'Taker locked in Hell's Gate and Ambrose tapped! The Shield enter the ring and attack 'Taker. They brawl to the outside, and 'Taker grabbed a chair, but before he could us it, Roman Reigns speared 'Taker through a barrier and the crowd chanted "Holy Sh-t!" Ambrose then nailed 'Taker with chairshotsThe Shield continue to beat on 'Taker and triple powerbomb him through the announce table! The crowd is hot and is chanting "You tapped out!" to Ambrose. The crowd boos as The Shield stand over The Undertaker. This appears to be where the show went off the air according to our correspondents.

Well I'm sure we've all ruined it for everyone who didn't want spoilers by now, but I'll tag everything...

Hopefully it is televised because it sounds terrific. Shield destroying Taker would be huge. Only ADR/Swagger No DQ is advertised on WWE.com.

Andy
April 24th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Surely that will be televised, it sounds epic. I can't see them having Taker speared through a barrier and not put it on TV. Also hopefully another sign Taker is sticking around.

PurePlayer
April 24th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Yes this just screams 6 man tag rematch at Extreme Rules! I hope this isn't a way to keep Taker off for a while.

It seems weird that this match isn't being advertised.

mth
April 24th, 2013, 10:36 AM
It might be one of those things that's not included in the broadcast but then is shown in clips/talked about on the RAW following (as "EXCLUSIVE!" footage, etc.).

Andy
April 24th, 2013, 10:44 AM
It may be announced during the show which would explain it not being advertised yet.

Slare
April 24th, 2013, 10:47 AM
There's absolutely no chance they're going to have a match and a post-match angle like that and not show it on TV. Don't be silly. It will 100% be shown.

The Law
April 24th, 2013, 11:27 AM
How does everyone feel about Ambrose losing? I don't have any problem with it because A) It's Undertaker and B) It's a singles match. I like the idea of Shield being unbeatable as a unit, but nothing special as individuals. That doesn't mean that any of them should job to Santino or anything, but it makes sense that elite singles competitors can beat them one-on-one. Meanwhile, they're an unstoppable team because of their chemistry and loyalty.

Judas Iscariot
April 24th, 2013, 11:52 AM
No problem at all for the exact reason you stated.

It's gotta feel nuts for these guys that they're in the position they're in.

Booked as an unstoppable unit going over guys with a combined 50-something World Totle reigns, and now one of them going one on one with Taker? Crazy for some indie hacks. Not to mention Daniel Bryan being one of the most over guys in the company and he's be on a team with the Brothers of Destruction.

Ringo
April 24th, 2013, 12:11 PM
"

Absolutely. Ambrose has no real business beating Taker on his own. The Shield's aura is all about how strong they are as a trio.

Very intrigued to see which way they go for ER. Taker joining Hell No again for a stipulation rematch? Someone else standing in for Taker? Straight forward Tag Title match (and if so, which one steps aside for the match)? 2 on 3? That would be a bit silly.

Cewsh
April 24th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Inferno match.

Judas Iscariot
April 24th, 2013, 12:38 PM
INFERNO MATCH!

DEAN AMBROSE FINALLY BURNS THINGS!

:panic: :panic: :panic:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Psycho666Soldier
April 24th, 2013, 8:19 PM
I'm watching Main Event now and UNDERTAKER VS. DEAN AMBROSE HAS BEEN CONFIRMED FOR THE SMACKDOWN TELEVISED MAIN EVENT!!!!

Hero!
April 24th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Updated first post.

This Ambrose thing intrigues me. Safe to assume that at this point, Taker VERY MUCH chooses who he will work with. The Shield are a great team for Taker to feud with, but if he's specifically asking to work with Ambrose, that speaks volumes about what Taker sees in the lad.

The Law
April 24th, 2013, 11:02 PM
So unless they're doing a "Taker is dead" angle off him getting put through the announce table, it's probably safe to assume that Taker is going to work a few matches this year. What would you do with him?

The number one match I want to see is him against Lesnar. It's a huge match, it would draw, it would be good. They have history both on-screen and off. And it would be a perfect next step for getting Lesnar built back up. First he beats Triple H at Extreme Rules, then he can beat Taker at Summerslam or Survivor Series.

I can definitely see them doing Taker vs. Ryback. Not terribly excited for it, but it would make sense. Sheamus vs. Undertaker has never happened. It probably won't this year, but it would be a fun match. Not really sure how it would get set up, but it would be a nice rub for Sheamus.

Of course, this ends with Taker vs. Cena at Wrestlemania. I can definitely see Taker losing two or three matches this year to make him seem vulnerable for Cecna.

StoneColdWWE316
April 24th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Undertaker vs Dean Ambrose on Smackdown on Friday ::cheers:

Matthew
April 25th, 2013, 1:34 AM
wow

Peter Griffin
April 25th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Michael Bluth on the main page is saying this will be the first time a shield member has wrestled a singles match on tv, now I know hes a respected journalist and im just a fan, but im almost certain thats a load of bollocks, one of them wrestled big show a few weeks ago, fair does it only lasted a couple of minutes, but still counts.

The Rogerer
April 25th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Yeah, Seth Rollins vs Big Show on 11th March

Psycho666Soldier
April 25th, 2013, 7:46 PM
Michael Bluth on the main page is saying this will be the first time a shield member has wrestled a singles match on tv, now I know hes a respected journalist and im just a fan, but im almost certain thats a load of bollocks, one of them wrestled big show a few weeks ago, fair does it only lasted a couple of minutes, but still counts.

Wasn't even a couple minutes. It hardly even lasted a minute before the rest of The Shield came in and rendered the match a DQ. I still generally agree with your point, but it's the first time we'll actually see a match play out.

mr sabu
April 26th, 2013, 12:23 AM
seeing as it's the main event ill be tuning into smackers around 5

Andy
April 26th, 2013, 6:57 PM
I can't believe I just wasted nearly two hours of my life watching the pile of shit that was this episode to get to the main event.

Andy
April 26th, 2013, 7:06 PM
Really fun match though, with Ambrose getting lots of offence in and a sick low blow! The Shield beatdown was great. Beating down The Undertaker for fucks sake. Amazing.

chatty
April 26th, 2013, 7:15 PM
Wasn't even a couple minutes. It hardly even lasted a minute before the rest of The Shield came in and rendered the match a DQ. I still generally agree with your point, but it's the first time we'll actually see a match play out.

Rollins has had about three matches as part of the Shield on NXT - Big E and Corey Graves off my head