PDA

View Full Version : Rajah Race League: Gran Turismo 5 (Spring Edition 2013)

Pages : [1] 2

The Rick
February 27th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Who is the best GT5 driver in Rajah? We will find out. Test your mettle against your fellow Rajahinians? Rajahites? Anyone on Rajah with a PS3 and Gran Turismo 5 is more than welcome to join. This is our first try at this, so there will be some growing pains. Hopefully if this is a success, we will come back and do a Summer Edition.

Here are your racers at this time
-The Rick
-Beefy
-Jenova
-Pablo Diablo
-Matty C
-Olympus
-Miotch
-Torn
-Turdpower

With 9(now) racers currently we are using the Mario Kart DS point format.
1st: 10
2nd: 8
3rd: 6
4th: 4
5th: 3
6th: 2
7th: 1
8-9th: 0

We will look for the first offical races to take place the weekend between March 16&17. Pin this in your calendars. As that weekend approaches I will bring the topic back up for discussion to set an official date. The first weekend will have 3 races. The tracks will be up for vote in the coming weeks.

Here are the nominees for tracks at this time.

Tsukuba Circuit (12 laps)
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss222/darksiders/TdT%20forza%203%20drifting%20pics%20and%20vids/TsukubaCircuit1.jpg

-Autodromo Nazionale Monza (Italy) (6 laps)
http://images.wikia.com/gran-turismo/images/4/45/Autodromo_Nazionale_Monza.png

-Autumn Ring Mini (12 laps)
Autumn Ring Mini in red
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110118235537/gran-turismo/images/4/4e/AutumnRinghybrid.jpg

-High Speed Ring (8 laps)
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSV2fU794ciT9a__SboTKmjj9FWm7_vD HzbPMZa61-NayTvKQoc

-Rome (8 laps)
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120218024327/gran-turismo/images/3/38/RomeCircuitGT5.jpg

-Circuito de Madrid Mini (12 laps)
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101222005047/gran-turismo/images/1/1c/Circuito_de_Madrid_Short_Course.png

-London (8 laps)
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120107021717/gran-turismo/images/d/d9/LondonCircuit.jpg

Also the cars will be somewhat underpowered for the first weekend of races. We will vote on Performance Points. These options have changed since mentioning it in the Gran Turismo 5 thread (https://forums.rajah.com/showthread.php?108590-Gran-Turismo-5).

Options:

Most important
Remeber this is for fun. Don't take this personally. Keep sand out of vaginas please.

The Rick
February 27th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Other options we need to discus.

- One car for the whole set of races.
Once someone races with a car in the first race are they tied to that car? I personally have no problem with someone having three different cars for the first weekend for the three tracks we will face. If anyone has qualms with it, voice your opinion.

- Driver assists
For the first week, I have no problem with any of the assits being on, I could surely argue for them being turned off though.
*Driving line - (Tthere a blue & red line in the middle of the track to signify breaking and acceleration)
*Skid Force Recovery - (takes control of the car to get it pointing in the right direction after a spin or losing traction)
*ASM - (Active Stability Management = counter steers to prevent losing stability)
*Active steering - (variable steering ratio based on speed. For example, at low speeds the steering ratio may be 2.0:1 to allow for quicker reaction, and at high speeds it may be 3.0:1 to be less twitchy. These are not actual numbers, but the idea is the same. )
*TCS - (Traction Control System = stops your wheels from spinning so much)
*ABS - (Anti-lock Breaking System = Running ABS off puts you at a disadvantage in a group that is using ABS)

-Starting Positions
Do we give lower skilled people better spots the first week(use combination of A spec level and B spec to break ties). After that week we let the standings determine the starting spots. Ties broken by placement in the latest race.

Beefy
February 28th, 2013, 6:23 AM
I doubt I'll be free that weekend. It's Paddys Day on the 17th and I've got friends over for a four-day sesh from the 15th. I really think we'll struggle to get everyone to play at any one time.

Looking forward to a race that I can make though :yes:

The Rick
February 28th, 2013, 9:32 AM
If we picked up a few more we could run the same event for consecutive weeks. Those that can race ilon a particular week, and those that couldn't race the fillowing. People that have concrete plans would take precedence over others. Just some thoughts.

MMH
February 28th, 2013, 9:57 AM
I would have been up for this if I had the game. How cheap is it these days?

Shame its not on Modnation Racers... I just got the game and love the customization options on it.

Torn
February 28th, 2013, 10:03 AM
I have this game and have barely played it but I will join in. Can't do that first weekend though.

Beefy
February 28th, 2013, 10:17 AM
I would have been up for this if I had the game. How cheap is it these days?

£20 at most, surely? It's worth it. I'm not much of a racing game fan but I do appreciate GT5 even if I'm terrible at it.

Beefy
February 28th, 2013, 10:19 AM
If we picked up a few more we could run the same event for consecutive weeks. Those that can race ilon a particular week, and those that couldn't race the fillowing. People that have concrete plans would take precedence over others. Just some thoughts.

I just don't see it working in quite the way you've got it thought out at the moment. Especially if we do pick up a couple more people in Europe. I still think that only being able to put forward a certain number of scores would curb the problem slightly. That way people can miss a race or two without ruining their chances in the table.

The Rick
February 28th, 2013, 1:50 PM
So say we have four weekends with three races each weekend. If everybody is allotted a maximum of 9 races, then would that leave a weekend with people placing better scores by default? The main pack that participate max out their participation scores, then the only people left get to race the last weekend? Wouldn't that thin down the roster for those races by quite a bit?

Here is another idea. 4 months(March-June). We pick two weekends out of each of those months. You can only attend one of the two events each month. After the four qualifying months we then schedule one championship race. The top 4-6 racers face off for the Championship.

BTW: who does the wrestling avatars? A cool little trophy avatar would be sweet, but I don't want to be a burden.

http://www.trophies2go.com/images/productimages/Racing-Flag-and-Tire-Resin-Award.jpg

Beefy
February 28th, 2013, 2:16 PM
You don't put forward your first nine scores, you put forward your best nine scores.

The Rick
February 28th, 2013, 6:21 PM
You don't put forward your first nine scores, you put forward your best nine scores.

I like that. It makes the 4th event really interesting. Those that need their last races against those that are just outside of the championship race. We can still keep the every two week format.

Anyone against this format?

Olympus
February 28th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Other options we need to discus.

- One car for the whole set of races.
Once someone races with a car in the first race are they tied to that car? I personally have no problem with someone having three different cars for the first weekend for the three tracks we will face. If anyone has qualms with it, voice your opinion.

- Driver assists
For the first week, I have no problem with any of the assits being on, I could surely argue for them being turned off though.
*Driving line - (Tthere a blue & red line in the middle of the track to signify breaking and acceleration)
*Skid Force Recovery - (takes control of the car to get it pointing in the right direction after a spin or losing traction)
*ASM - (Active Stability Management = counter steers to prevent losing stability)
*Active steering - (variable steering ratio based on speed. For example, at low speeds the steering ratio may be 2.0:1 to allow for quicker reaction, and at high speeds it may be 3.0:1 to be less twitchy. These are not actual numbers, but the idea is the same. )
*TCS - (Traction Control System = stops your wheels from spinning so much)
*ABS - (Anti-lock Breaking System = Running ABS off puts you at a disadvantage in a group that is using ABS)

-Starting Positions
Do we give lower skilled people better spots the first week(use combination of A spec level and B spec to break ties). After that week we let the standings determine the starting spots. Ties broken by placement in the latest race.

I would pretty much have to insist on the driving line being on. I just don't know the tracks well enough to be able to consistently race them with any proficiency. I could go without any of the other assists though.

BTW, I'm lv. 16 in A-Spec right now, and haven't done B-Spec at all. Like I said, haven't played very much.

Pablo Diablo
February 28th, 2013, 11:57 PM
I hated B-Spec so much. I can't wait for my exams to be finished so I can pick this up again and give it a go.

Matty C
March 1st, 2013, 9:23 AM
450 Tsukaba would be my vote. Under 450 finding a decent car can be an issue. I am good with whatever though. Tsukaba is short and thus easy to get practice laps in on without spending tons of time. It's also a personal favourite.

If we use assists, which is probably best for the group, I believe anyone who prefers racing without them can turn them off in their personal settings.

I may have time over the 16th 17th weekend pending a field trip to see a friends new baby.

The Rick
March 1st, 2013, 1:58 PM
450 Tsukaba would be my vote. Under 450 finding a decent car can be an issue. I am good with whatever though. Tsukaba is short and thus easy to get practice laps in on without spending tons of time. It's also a personal favourite.

If we use assists, which is probably best for the group, I believe anyone who prefers racing without them can turn them off in their personal settings.

I may have time over the 16th 17th weekend pending a field trip to see a friends new baby.

We will race three tracks each week. And each week we will bump up the performance points. They will probably be bumped up 100 points from the previous event.

So Matty C votes for 450 performance points.

I cast my vote for 400 performance points.

deadline to join will be the end of this day

The Rick
March 2nd, 2013, 12:08 AM
*Update*

I have placed a tentative lap count on the tracks for the first event tracks. I based them roughly on track length.

I'm pushing the deadline back one more day to join. I was hoping to get just a few more in, but no worries if not. Deadline is the end of Saturday March 2nd.

The Rick
March 3rd, 2013, 3:35 PM
Entries are closed at this time. Here are your participants.

-The Rick
-Beefy
-Jenova
-Pablo Diablo
-Matty C
-Olympus
-Miotch
-Torn
-Turdpower

And we are locked into the Mario kart DS point structure.

Nobody objected to Beefy's idea. So While you're more than welcome to race in all 12 races in all four event days, only your top 9 scores will count. The top 4 racers will battle for the championship.

It doesn't look like I can change the grid order. There is an option to slot everybody on a "pre-race free run". This is where everyone does a couple of laps around the track before the race. I can set it at fastest lap first, or reverse order. After the the first race I will use the option "Grid Based on Previous Race Results". This can also be set to "reverse" where the people that finished the previous race start last. Please give your thoughts about this aspect.

Also for the
I need votes for the following three categories...Deadline to vote will be Friday March 8th

Tracks. Please pick THREE of the following.

-Tsukuba Circuit (12 laps)
-Rome (8 laps)
-Circuito de Madrid Mini (12 laps)
-London (8 laps)

Performance Points. Please pick ONE of the folloing.

Which day works best for you? Pick ONE
-Saturday March 16th
-Sunday March 17th

Here is the time period(anywhere within these times) I'm thinking for these days. Once again please discuss so I know where we are at.
GMT (London) 4:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M.
EDT (New York and such) 12:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M.
CDT (central U.S. and Canada) 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.

I don't think we have any Aussies in this, if I'm mistaken please let me know.

The Rick
March 3rd, 2013, 9:30 PM
As stated before I vote for 400 PP.

Here are my choices for tracks
-Tsukuba Circuit
-High Speed Ring
-Autumn Ring Mini

BTW: A spec: 29 B spec: 27

Olympus
March 3rd, 2013, 9:47 PM
Tracks:
Tsukuba Circuit
Autumn Ring Mini
Circuito de Madrid Mini

PP:

Day:
Saturday (though either day would work if we started on the later end of that time scale)

Beefy
March 4th, 2013, 3:37 AM
Its possible that i might be able to play on the Saturday. Possibly. Depends on the time.

Don't know the tracks well enough to have much of a preference.

Torn
March 4th, 2013, 8:49 AM
It doesn't look like I can change the grid order. There is an option to slot everybody on a "pre-race free run". This is where everyone does a couple of laps around the track before the race. I can set it at fastest lap first, or reverse order. After the the first race I will use the option "Grid Based on Previous Race Results". This can also be set to "reverse" where the people that finished the previous race start last. Please give your thoughts about this aspect.

So like qualifying in F1? I like that option. Reverse order in that case doesn't make any sense as you would just deliberately have the slowest lap ever to get pole.

Haven't played the game much so have no preference on track or performance points. My preference is Sunday evening GMT for that weekend, can't do Saturday but I'm already expecting I'll have to miss it.

turdpower
March 4th, 2013, 1:24 PM
Fuck it, I'll join.

The Rick
March 4th, 2013, 1:26 PM
If there are no objections. I'll allow it.

Turdpower joins the field, and the list grows to 9 racers.(nothing like some peer pressure)

-The Rick
-Beefy
-Jenova
-Pablo Diablo
-Matty C
-Olympus
-Miotch
-Torn
-Turdpower

*Keep in mind we are about two weeks away from the First Race Event. Start looking at cars, and maybe take a few laps on the possible track selections. Many of these tracks are availible in the seasonal races. So you might look there to start training on tracks, and get yourselves back into the swing of things while earning some credits.

turdpower
March 4th, 2013, 4:59 PM
I think I've literally done 2 laps of a GT5. I played Prologue quite a bit.

Pablo Diablo
March 6th, 2013, 1:35 PM
PP: 450
Date: Saturday
Tracks: Any

The Rick
March 6th, 2013, 1:43 PM

-Tsukuba Circuit (12 laps) {3 votes currently}
-Autumn Ring Mini (12 laps) {2 votes currently}
-High Speed Ring (8 laps) {1 vote currently}
-Rome (8 laps)
-Circuito de Madrid Mini (12 laps) {1 vote currently}
-London (8 laps)

Performance Points. Please pick ONE of the folloing.

-400 (3 votes currently)
-450 (2 votes currently)

Which day works best for you? Pick ONE
-Saturday March 16th (3 votes currently)
-Sunday March 17th (1 vote currently)

Here is the time period(anywhere within these times) I'm thinking for these days. Once again please discuss so I know where we are at.

Beefy
March 6th, 2013, 2:12 PM
I don't really care about tracks. I don't like street circuits but I'm either going to finish last on those or I'm going to finish last on a normal track.

400pp seems reasonable.

turdpower
March 6th, 2013, 2:16 PM
Do headsets work on this?

Pablo Diablo
March 6th, 2013, 6:05 PM
So loaded up GT5 for my first time in forever. Multiple updates. So pro-tip to do it before race day.

The Rick
March 6th, 2013, 7:58 PM
Do headsets work on this?

as far as I know.

So loaded up GT5 for my first time in forever. Multiple updates. So pro-tip to do it before race day.

good tip

I will be on Sunday. If you would like to pop in and get a feel for online racing, by all means. Same time frame that the actual event happens.

tenderwarrior
March 6th, 2013, 10:38 PM
I am unavailable for the first round but I definitely want in if you all do another one. I just recently started playing GT5 again and would love to take part in a future RRL event.

Matty C
March 8th, 2013, 9:24 PM
Tsukaba
High Speed Ring
Rome

I don't think I'll be back home before 3PM on Sunday. I'll have to try and catch you guys next week.

The Rick
March 9th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Voting is closed

Here are your tracks for the first Event

-Tsukuba Circuit (12 laps) {3 votes}
-Autumn Ring Mini (12 laps) {2 votes}
-High Speed Ring (8 laps) {2 vote}

The courses left will be availible for voting for the next event as well as a few others.

The maximum PP(Performance Points) for the cars in this first event will be

-400PP {3 votes}

The day selected for competition

-Saturday March 16th {3 votes}

MDT 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
PDT 9:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.

The next event will be at least two weeks following this one. Two weeks gives us one week for everyone to get in here voice their opinions on time, track, and rules, and allows us to nail down a day. Then gives us at least one week to practice on the selected tracks. Please look at your calendars at the weekend of March 30-31. This can be pushed back as needed.

Beefy
March 9th, 2013, 5:00 PM
You know that's Easter weekend? Not that it matters to me as it's actually the only weekend in the next eight or so that I will be able to make but it might be an issue for some.

The Rick
March 9th, 2013, 7:35 PM
You know that's Easter weekend? Not that it matters to me as it's actually the only weekend in the next eight or so that I will be able to make but it might be an issue for some.

Nope. Not religious. But like I said all is negotiable

The Rick
March 9th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Also. For this first event we will do rolling starts(cars already moving). We can discuss, and change this in the coming events.

Don't forget the First Event is in one week. Saturday, March 16th

The Rick
March 10th, 2013, 12:17 PM
I'm on right now for anyone who would like a race. The room is titled RAJAH League

Also, it doesn't look like I can use rolling starts. I could have sworn that option used to be in there. Oh well grid starts for everybody.

Pablo Diablo
March 10th, 2013, 12:25 PM
I've never raced online so where do I join your room? Open Lobby?

The Rick
March 10th, 2013, 12:26 PM
I've never raced online so where do I join your room? Open Lobby?

yea should be.

Pablo Diablo
March 10th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Hmm can't find it.

The Rick
March 10th, 2013, 12:32 PM
When you go to open lobby, there are filters on the left side. Make sure your region is set to all, instead of just your country. And on race type I have it set to "race for fun"

Pablo Diablo
March 10th, 2013, 12:47 PM
I worked something out. Joined you through the community and joined your lounge.

The Rick
March 10th, 2013, 1:11 PM
So I may have found a way to spin out on Autumn Ring Mini & Tsukuba(twice). I need to stop doing B spec, and get back to racing. Fun though.

Pablo Diablo
March 10th, 2013, 1:12 PM
Yeah the races were close and then you'd spin out. You have a crazy high B spec level.

The Rick
March 10th, 2013, 1:26 PM
Yeah the races were close and then you'd spin out. You have a crazy high B spec level.

Yea. Lately I've just been setting up season Bspec races to get money, and level up a couple of drivers. I only had one that could win the higher level races, but when you get to endurance you really need at least two.

I will play around with some other cars too. I like the Audi I was using, but I think there is something better out there.

BTW: I think the Fourth event will re-hash one track from each of the previous three events.

Then the championship will be 3 laps around Nurburgring. Remember that performance points will grow by 100 points each event. So the fourth round will have a PP cap of 700.

Pablo Diablo
March 10th, 2013, 1:28 PM
A PP cap of 700 eh? That's going to be expensive for some people. Do Seasonals people.

The Rick
March 10th, 2013, 1:37 PM
I am unavailable for the first round but I definitely want in if you all do another one. I just recently started playing GT5 again and would love to take part in a future RRL event.

And I'm sorry. I saw this and ment to respond. But yes, if all goes well and people like it I plan to do another event in the Summer. Maybe pick up some more racers. If and when that happens, you are more than welcom to join.

The Rick
March 10th, 2013, 11:48 PM
:$
So I just figured something out about my game. I bought the XL edition that came with extra cars and such. I used the codes when I opened my game. I installed the dlc to my ps3. I did not realize, however, that I had to also go to the in game menu to activat(it says instal) to use the dlc packs that I paid for, downloaded, and installed. I had over 20 some cars that I could have been using all this time.

I will be on again later in this week if people want to get online, and get some practice in. We are 6 days away from the 1st event.

Matty C
March 11th, 2013, 1:29 PM
Are we allowing racing cars if they fit the PP? Racing tires?

I have a funeral to attend at 1PM this Sat so I probably won't make it but I figured I would get an appropriate car ready to go just in case.

The Rick
March 11th, 2013, 2:34 PM
Are we allowing racing cars if they fit the PP? Racing tires?

I have a funeral to attend at 1PM this Sat so I probably won't make it but I figured I would get an appropriate car ready to go just in case.

Yes. Race cars are fine, but trucks are not. Use what ever tires you like. Not sure what time zone you are in, but once we start each race takes around 10 mins to complete. If you are on the east side you might be screwed, but I don't know.

Matty C
March 11th, 2013, 2:38 PM
A couple of comments/pointers since I just got re-acquainted with the game:

There is a 420PP Honda Civic challenge in the seasonal race section right now. It features Tsukaba and Autumn Ring so that's a good spot to practice if you have the time. I ran a Civic Type R at 400PP to set it up for our race and was competitive (won Tsukaba, 4th at Autumn Ring before the little one got up) so you can even get the car of your choice ready while earning some extra money. The event only allows for comfort class tires though and I'm assuming we won't have tire restrictions in the league.

For people worried about cars at the higher end PP levels, two things:

1. The game will have "suggested" cars that can be chosen during online play to ensure anyone interested at least has a loaner at their disposal. You can always choose one of those, then set it up during our initial qualifying/practice time pre-race.

2. Cars can be shared with friends. I have a few of you on PSN, I can share certain cars if you tell me that you need something as we move up the ladder. It doesn't cost me anything and I'm reasonably sure we can use the same cars in the race if shared. If not, I just won't share the one I plan to use. I have hundreds of cars so it shouldn't be a problem.

If we're allowing racing cars then I would suggest people look into buying the premium version Civic or Integra as they can be race mod-ed and still kept around 400-450PP. The race mods (RMs) are often a little stickier and don't tend to slide around as much so for drivers with lesser experience they can be helpful. They are normally cheaper to build thanthe pre-built racing cars.

For those of you that aren't much on up-grades to cars, etc. I strongly suggest at the very least changing to racing tires, soft or medium depending on if Rick uses tire wear and that you get the custom transmission option as it allows you to accelerate much faster, regardless of how good your car is, on smaller tracks by adjusting the slider.

EST Rick. I'll most likely get screwed. I'll just have to try and catch the next one.

The Rick
March 11th, 2013, 2:45 PM
This first event(and maybe the second) will not have tire wear. The third will, because I would like to include the strategy of pit-stops. If people are against this, I have no problem keeping tire wear off.

Matty C
March 11th, 2013, 3:01 PM
Everyone should run racing - soft tires then. They'll stick the best and without wear there is really no down side to them. When tire wear is one they can cause frequent pit stops and greasy handing after only a couple of laps. Racing - hard or medium will be better at that point.

Also, if you have trouble holding onto your car perhaps attach a wing if it doesn't have one and then up the downforce. This can be done on any racing car or any car that has a wing attached to it.

Beefy
March 11th, 2013, 5:27 PM
Right. I've chosen the car I want. Sod a sensible choice like a Civic. If I'm going to come last I might as well come last in style.

Just clocked a few practice laps on all three tracks. No idea how competitive they'll be.

The Rick
March 11th, 2013, 10:28 PM
Here are some great races to practice. Go to "Seasonal Events"
The online A-spec challenge #1 has a 400pp race on High Speed Ring

A-spec challenge #3 has a 400pp race on Autumn Ring Mini

A-spec challenge #4 has a 400pp race on Tsukuba Circuit

These are great ways to gain money while getting accustomed to the tracks.

I'm not set on a car just yet. Part of that is due to me modifying my Audi too much. Now when I use the engine limiter to bring it down to 400pp it is under powered from what it was. Right now I'm toying with a 3000GT SR '98 Mitsubishi. 4wd so it is handling like a champ. Not too bad in the power department either at 215hp

Beefy
March 13th, 2013, 6:16 AM
I'm going to try to make Saturday. I have a young lady staying with me all weekend but I'm sure I can excuse myself for an hour or so. Have we got closer to a start time yet?

Do we need to use the same car for all three tracks? I've been doing some practice laps on all three tracks and I'm getting very different performances out of different cars on different tracks.

The Rick
March 13th, 2013, 8:38 AM
For this weekend you may use however many cars as you like.

As fo the time lets shoot for the beginning of the time frame. Please let us know if this doesn't work.. If there isn't anyone with a problem of starting at the early side of the time by Friday, then it will be locked in.
4:00 - London
12:00 P.M. - East coast
11:00A.M. - Central
9:00A.M. - West Coast

Olympus
March 13th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Yes. Race cars are fine, but trucks are not. Use what ever tires you like. Not sure what time zone you are in, but once we start each race takes around 10 mins to complete. If you are on the east side you might be screwed, but I don't know.

Glad I saw this post. I had a truck on my short list.

Beefy
March 13th, 2013, 10:55 AM
What is wrong with trucks? (not that I was considering one)

Olympus
March 13th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Maybe because they can just ram through people instead of skillfully going around?

Matty C
March 13th, 2013, 1:49 PM
I will be unavailable between roughly 10AM and 3:30PM EST, so I'm out for this round unfortunately.

turdpower
March 13th, 2013, 3:59 PM
I can do 4pm Saturday. How many races are we doing? What car can I use.

I turned it on today to get all these updates out the way, turns out I hadn't even done a race or owned a car. I'm going to be awful.

The Rick
March 13th, 2013, 8:09 PM
What is wrong with trucks? (not that I was considering one)

There are a few reasons. They usually weigh more, so they can push other drivers out the way easier. They are usually wider, which makes blocking with one way easier. They also tend to have WAY more horse power. Right now there is a Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi in the online dealership that has 409pp. It has 345 horse power. The top cars in the 400pp race we will do this weekend will be about 150HP behind it.

The Rick
March 13th, 2013, 8:12 PM
I can do 4pm Saturday. How many races are we doing? What car can I use.

I turned it on today to get all these updates out the way, turns out I hadn't even done a race or owned a car. I'm going to be awful.

We are racing with car that have 400 performance points(pp)

There will.be three races Autumn Ring Mini, Tsukuba Circuit, and High Speed Ring.

The Rick
March 13th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Also Turdy do a hand full of the Amateur and Beginner cup races in A-spec. Then do "Seasonal Races" that I specified earlier. They have the tracks we are using, plus its a great way for you to gain money. I know you only have about two days to get ready, but do what you can.

Olympus
March 14th, 2013, 8:14 AM
Here are some great races to practice. Go to "Seasonal Events"
The online A-spec challenge #1 has a 400pp race on High Speed Ring

A-spec challenge #3 has a 400pp race on Autumn Ring Mini

A-spec challenge #4 has a 400pp race on Tsukuba Circuit

I could only find the Autumn Ring Mini race. Not sure where the other two are.

Beefy
March 14th, 2013, 9:58 AM
Keep scrolling to the right in the list of races. Challenge #3 and #4 are not the third and fourth challenges listed on there.

The Rick
March 14th, 2013, 9:17 PM
I'm going to try to make Saturday. I have a young lady staying with me all weekend but I'm sure I can excuse myself for an hour or so. Have we got closer to a start time yet?

Do we need to use the same car for all three tracks? I've been doing some practice laps on all three tracks and I'm getting very different performances out of different cars on different tracks.

You can use a different car for each race. If we want to change that for latet events then so be it, but for now race what you like on the track that you like.

We are just under two days away. Get you practicing in, because this Saturday it begins.

Olympus
March 14th, 2013, 9:56 PM
Feeling pretty confident after some good sessions today. Got one main car and two backups.

turdpower
March 15th, 2013, 3:46 AM
Can I have a 402PP car instead? I bought some Corvette and enjoyed it.

Torn
March 15th, 2013, 5:07 AM
You can de-tune it. I found this the other day, you can limit your engine power so the PP drops.

Matty C
March 15th, 2013, 9:52 AM
Torn is correct. Go into tuning and change the engine limiter slider. It will adjust the PP for you until you get where you want (400PP in this case). If it's a new car, you may need to detune it again after you break it in as the PP will move up as the engine breaks in and the horsepower moves up. I really wish I was able to make Saturday now. :nono:

Olympus
March 15th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Not every car has the power limiter though, right?

Olympus
March 15th, 2013, 11:50 AM
And just to clarify, are we allowed to use DLC cars? I just noticed that one of my backups was a part of one of the DLC packs that I bought forever ago and forgot about.

Matty C
March 15th, 2013, 1:39 PM
I don't think I've come across a car that didn't have the power limiter. :dunno:

Olympus
March 15th, 2013, 5:11 PM
I'm pretty sure they all have them. I'm just a rube and don't know where to look.

The Rick
March 15th, 2013, 6:25 PM
And just to clarify, are we allowed to use DLC cars? I just noticed that one of my backups was a part of one of the DLC packs that I bought forever ago and forgot about.

No problems with it. They didnt put out any crazy powerful cars in the dlc packs that would break racing. The cars have to be 400pp or below, and can't be a truck.

The Rick
March 15th, 2013, 11:51 PM
We are about 12 hours away from the starting of the first event.

Saturday March 16th
4:00 P.M. - London
12:00 P.M. - East coast
11:00 A.M. - Central
9:00 A.M. - West Coast

Tracks IN ORDER

So far the tentatively confirmed racers are...
-The Rick
-Beefy
-Jenova
-Pablo Diablo
-Olympus
-Turdpower

One unconfirmed
-Miotch

The two racers that are out for the weekend
-Torn
-Matty C

Good Luck and Good Racing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSADxMocaHs

turdpower
March 16th, 2013, 4:31 AM
I may not be able to do all the races, will have to stop before 5.30 for things...

The Rick
March 16th, 2013, 6:50 AM
I may not be able to do all the races, will have to stop before 5.30 for things...

I wouldn't worry too much about that this first week. The races should take about 10-18minutes each this first round. I'm running Tsukuba at 1min 10sec a lap. There is a feature on the game that the race will only keep going 2 minutes after the first person crosses the finish.

The next event will take just a bit longer, but this week we should be out in about an hour. That is with out hiccups mind you.

Olympus
March 16th, 2013, 9:17 AM
I'll try to get on about 20-30 minutes before the start time just to make sure I end up in the right spot. I think The Rick is the only one I've added so far. Someone friended me yesterday, but I didn't recognize the name and they didn't put anything in the message, so I denied it. If it was one of you, sorry about that.

PSN ID: MtOlympus

The Rick
March 16th, 2013, 11:47 AM
I'm in the lobby right now. Look for RAJAH League

Or use the community tab, and you should see the lounge/lobby I have created.

Pablo Diablo
March 16th, 2013, 11:55 AM
I'm in there with The Rick.

Olympus
March 16th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Ah... figured it out.

The Rick
March 16th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Turdy, Pablo, Olympus, and myself are in here. We are waiting on Jenova, and Beefy.

The Rick
March 16th, 2013, 12:06 PM
I'm throwing up the 10 minute warning. Racing will start in 10 minutes.

The Rick
March 16th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Tsukuba will start in two minutes. If either of the two of you(Beefy or Jenova) login late, we can pick you up for the remaining races. Provided you login when they start.

The Rick
March 16th, 2013, 12:46 PM
First event is in the books.

Race 1 Tsukuba Circuit (12 laps)

1st. Pablo Diablo (10 points)
12:53.255
2nd. Turdpower (8 points)
12:59.650
3rd. Olympus (6 points)
13:10.697
4th. The Rick (4 point)
14:19.708
(which was my own self inflicted bullshit. I mean who buys a used car on the game and doesnt change the oil? This guy)

Race 2 Autumn Ring Mini (12 laps)

1st. Olympus (10 points)
8:13.407
2nd. Pablo Diablo (8 points)
8:30.193
3rd. The Rick (6 points)
8:32.514
4th. Turdpower (4 point)
8:39.178

Race 3: High Speed Ring (8 laps)

1st. Pablo Diablo (10 points)
10:48.574
2nd. Olympus (8 points)
10:52.641
3rd. Turdpower (6 points)
10:53.685
4th. The Rick (4 point)
11:02.485

Standings after First Event

1st. Pablo Diablo (28 points)
2nd. Olympus (24 points)
3rd. Turdpower (18 points)
4th. The Rick (14 points)
5th. {tied} (0 points- no races posted as of yet)
-Beefy
-Jenova
-Matty C
-Miotch
-Torn

The Rick
March 16th, 2013, 2:07 PM
Second Event

Performance Points for cars will be increased by 100
PP limit – 500

So the cars you raced with on the first event will be obsolete.

I know that March 30-31 is Easter weekend. But if that is what works best for this group then that is fine. Look at your calendars, and we will plan appropriately. We will be looking at about the same time frame.

CDT (central) 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.
PDT (west coast) 9:00 A.M. To 12:00 P.M.

Don't forget that we are taking you best 9 finishes in these races. So far we are looking at 4 events with 3 races each. That is a possibility of 12 races to be participated in.

Here is a thought, and I would like some feedback.

We are bumping up the Performance Points each week. What if we use those performance points for week 4? Week 4 race 1 will re-hash a track from week one (Tsukuba, Autumn, High Speed), and would have the 400PP cap. Then Week 4 race 2 would re-hash a track from week two, and would have the 500pp cap. This would save the 700PP cap race for the championship. Maybe even bump the championship race to 750.

I will put up some options to be voted on by Monday
-Weekend
-Tracks
-4 race event senario

turdpower
March 16th, 2013, 3:06 PM
It was decent with 4 people, but I imagine if we just get a couple more people it'll be great.

Beefy
March 16th, 2013, 3:43 PM
Sorry lads. Just couldn't make it. Next time.

Matty C
March 16th, 2013, 5:11 PM
I just got back now. I'll have my in-laws here over Easter but may still be able to make it.

The Rick
March 16th, 2013, 6:16 PM

-Trial Mountain "reverse" (10 laps)
-Deep Forest Raceway (10 laps)
-Eiger Nrdwand Short Track (12 laps)
-Autumn Ring "full" (12 laps)
-Autodromo Nazionale Monza (6 laps)
-Suzuka Circuit East Course (12 laps)
-Circuito de Madrid "full" (10 laps)
-Daytona Road Course (6 laps)

Which weekend works best for you? Pick ONE
-March 30-31 (Easter weekend)
-April 6-7

Fourth Event senarios. Pick ONE
-Senario #1 {Week 4 race 1 will re-hash a track from week one (Tsukuba, Autumn, High Speed), and would have the 400PP cap. Then Week 4 race 2 would re-hash a track from week 2, and would have the 500pp cap. Race 3 would re-hash a track from week 3 and have the 600PP cap.}

-Senario #2 {Week 4 races feature all new tracks, and a performance point limit of 700PP}

Please vote, and all voting will be closed as of Friday March 22.

Torn
March 17th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Will defer track choice to people who have actually raced on them.

Easter weekend

Scenario 1

The Rick
March 17th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Will defer track choice to people who have actually raced on them.

If you or anyone else would like to take a look at the track, go to the practice option at the right hand side of the GT Home screen. There you can look at all of the tracks, length, options, and can then try them out. Then again these are also played in various races through A-spec. Playing through A-spec helps you get accustomed to the track, and gains you in-game credits. Seasonal races give you much more in credits though. Even the low 400pp races give at least 10 times what the Beginner level races award.

The Rick
March 17th, 2013, 12:31 PM
My picks

Track

Weekend

Fourth Event senarios
-Senario #1

Matty C
March 18th, 2013, 2:12 PM
Deep Forest Raceway (10 laps)
Eiger Nrdwand Short Track (12 laps)
Autodromo Nazionale Monza (6 laps)

I think anyway. I believe my daughter's birthday party is happening the week after, though it will probably start after we'd be done anyway.

I don't care but 700PP may be a challenge for some people.

Jenova
March 19th, 2013, 11:16 AM

-Scenario 2.

The Rick
March 19th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Post reflecting current voting. Voting closed Friday.

-Trial Mountain "reverse" (10 laps)
-Deep Forest Raceway (10 laps) 1 vote
-Eiger Nrdwand Short Track (12 laps) 2 votes
-Autumn Ring "full" (12 laps) 2 votes
-Autodromo Nazionale Monza (6 laps) 2 votes
-Suzuka Circuit East Course (12 laps)
-Circuito de Madrid "full" (10 laps)
-Daytona Road Course (6 laps) 2 votes

-March 30-31 (Easter weekend) 4 votes
-April 6-7

-Senario #1 {Week 4 race 1 will re-hash a track from week one (Tsukuba, Autumn, High Speed), and would have the 400PP cap. Then Week 4 race 2 would re-hash a track from week 2, and would have the 500pp cap. Race 3 would re-hash a track from week 3 and have the 600PP cap.}
2 votes

-Senario #2 {Week 4 races feature all new tracks, and a performance point limit of 700PP}
1 vote

Please vote, and all voting will be closed as of Friday March 22.

The Rick
March 20th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Just a few days left to vote. Looks like Easter weekend is the popular choice, but we have a 4-way tie on track choice.

Do heed the recommendations from those that have played the most. Either play seaonal races, or set up a B-spec driver to do them. This 500pp race won't be too bad on people's in game wallets, but the subsequent 600pp race might. Especially for those that haven't played much in the A-spec races.

Olympus
March 21st, 2013, 7:40 AM
30 minutes of Seasonal racing and I had over 4 million dollars. The only problem in this round is that most of the 500pp tracks in the seasonal races aren't offered as track choices. Not sure if that was intentional or not. :shifty:

Matty C
March 21st, 2013, 9:27 AM
No love for the original tracks (Trial Mountain, Deep Forest)? I love Deep Forest. It's a total handling track with spots to pass throughout. I find Daytona often leads to massive pile-ups due to the stop and go nature of it's design. Monza has the same issue if we go with the original "chicane" design but only on the first corner. I'll race whatever though and it looks very likely at this point that I can make the next event. I'll have to figure out what car(s) I want once the tracks are finalized.

Olympus
March 21st, 2013, 9:48 AM
I'll hopefully have my track vote in by tonight.

I'm going to be shit this time around though. Even though I'll be available at our race time, I won't have any time to practice this week since Easter week is my busiest week of the year at work.

The Rick
March 21st, 2013, 12:36 PM
I'll hopefully have my track vote in by tonight.

I'm going to be shit this time around though. Even though I'll be available at our race time, I won't have any time to practice this week since Easter week is my busiest week of the year at work.

You're the Easter Bunny?

And no the lack of seasonal races wasn't planned. I was just looking at the tracks, and trying to increase the difficulty a bit. I think these tracks a just enough of an increase without getting too tough. Laguna Seca, Grand Valley Speedway, and other tougher tracks will be options for the third event

Matty C
March 21st, 2013, 1:00 PM
Laguna is my favourite track. :yes:

Torn
March 21st, 2013, 1:15 PM
I actually know that one!

Pablo Diablo
March 21st, 2013, 7:10 PM
I likely won't be available for either weekend so I won't vote on the tracks and such. But I will say that I like Scenario #1

The Rick
March 23rd, 2013, 10:11 PM
There are a few things left to sort out before the Second Event. Please have votes in by Wednesday, March 27.

We are locked into this coming up weekend. I'm pretty sure it will be Saturday, but for the sake of voting. Which one works best for you?

-Saturday, March 30
-Sunday, March 31

We have a 4-way tie amongst the track selection, so a tie breaker is needed. So please pick three of the following.

We are also going with Senario #1. {Week 4 race 1 will re-hash a track from week one (Tsukuba, Autumn, High Speed), and would have the 400PP cap. Then Week 4 race 2 would re-hash a track from week 2, and would have the 500pp cap. Race 3 would re-hash a track from week 3 and have the 600PP cap.}

Olympus
March 24th, 2013, 6:15 AM
Saturday (not sure if I'm able to make 11:00 AM CST, but I think I can)

Elger Nrdwand Short Track
Autumn Ring "full"
Autodromo Nazionale Monza.

Beefy
March 24th, 2013, 6:29 AM
I've got a flight on Saturday afternoon. Not sure what time. So Sunday works better for me.

Torn
March 24th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Saturday for me, Easter Sunday might be tough unless its later

Matty C
March 24th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Saturday for me. I doubt that I can make Sunday.

Nrdwand
Monza
Autumn Ring

Matty C
March 25th, 2013, 10:56 PM
What's the word Rickster? I want to start practicing. I'm pretty much a lock if its on Saturday.

Pablo Diablo
March 25th, 2013, 11:11 PM
I actually might be able to make it if it's Saturday.

Matty C
March 26th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Attack me if you dare, I will crush you. #wronggame

The Rick
March 26th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Saturday for me. I doubt that I can make Sunday.

Nrdwand
Monza
Autumn Ring

Well we have 4 votes for Saturday. So one more vote for Saturday will lock that as the day of choice, or the deadline is tomorrow and it stands as 1 to 4 on votes.

For tracks I will go ahead and vote with the group.

Barring 4 other racers coming in and voting for Daytona Road Course, this will be the track selection.

Beefy
March 26th, 2013, 12:55 PM
I've fucked up, lads. I thought my flight was mid-afternoon but it is actually 5pm GMT so I don't land until 6.45pm and won't be home until maybe 8ish so I'm guessing I'm out this set of races as well :(

The Rick
March 26th, 2013, 1:11 PM
Unless anyone has a gripe with it, I'm changing the point system. I ment to change it when Turdy came on board, but forgot. This rewards those who are able to show up. Getting the top 4 spots isn't the only way to get points now.

With 9 racers currently we will use the Mario Kart DS point format.

Matty C
March 26th, 2013, 3:46 PM
Setting up the grind option are you Rick? My plan is to DOMINATE*

*may not actually happen.

So is Saturday shaping up to be:

Me
Rick
Pabs
Torn
Olympus

What about you Jenova, you were originally in for the 30th, 31st. Are you going to make it? I may get some practice in tonight. My wife is out for a few hours after the little one goes to bed.

The Rick
March 26th, 2013, 4:02 PM
Nah. I'm thinking it would be kinda shitty to finally make one of these "events", only to place out of the top 4 and garner 0 points. I think it would be demoralizing, and discourage others from trying to make an event after missing a couple.

So with the points change, hopefully that might change.

Matty C
March 27th, 2013, 1:02 PM
I had less time than I figured last night. I only managed to get a few laps in at Nrdwand. I was getting low 1:07s in my Renault if any wants a starting point for competition. I'm hoping to get some Autumn Ring practice in as well since I'm not great there but we'll see. I love Monza so I've got more laps on that track.

Pablo Diablo
March 27th, 2013, 1:17 PM
I feel Matty is going to dominate us.

Matty C
March 27th, 2013, 1:31 PM
What are you running Pabs? If I'm actually that fast I'll switch to a slower car.

Just to double check, no tire wear this week, right?

Pablo Diablo
March 27th, 2013, 8:32 PM
I'm actually not far off from you with my times. Mid 1:07s. Even if you were killing me though stick with what you have.

I was more just thinking that you seem to have been keeping pace with GT5 while I'm only recently getting back into it.

Matty C
March 27th, 2013, 8:38 PM
Nah. I played it a ton when it came out but I haven't played it much lately. This is a bit of a reintroduction for me. We sound near the same at Nrdwand then. I never broke 1:07.

The Rick
March 27th, 2013, 10:20 PM
What are you running Pabs? If I'm actually that fast I'll switch to a slower car.

Just to double check, no tire wear this week, right?

Correct. No tire wear this weekend. The next event, however, will have tire wear. I'm trying to find a nice lap count for tracks, that will use at least one pit stop.

I'm hitting 1:08 right now as a best lap time on that track. Don't switch your car, if your doing great with it.

The Rick
March 28th, 2013, 6:53 PM
Which side of the time period is going to be the best for you guys? Early side(4 P.M. UK), or later side(7 P.M. UK)?

turdpower
March 28th, 2013, 7:21 PM
We doing this on Saturday, yeah?

The Rick
March 28th, 2013, 10:51 PM
We doing this on Saturday, yeah?

Yes sir. Hope you are there. And keep in mind that we are using more powerful cars(500 pp).

The Rick
March 28th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Nah. I played it a ton when it came out but I haven't played it much lately. This is a bit of a reintroduction for me. We sound near the same at Nrdwand then. I never broke 1:07.

Now using a de-tuned S2000 LM Race Car. I hit 1:06.235 on a lap, so I'm happy with that car. Now to let the B-spec driver get me some more money.

Olympus
March 29th, 2013, 9:04 AM
Aw man... I thought I was set to go getting about 1:12 on Nordwand. Back to the drawing board, I guess.

Matty C
March 29th, 2013, 1:57 PM
I'm running in the 1:18s at Autumn Ring. Next up: Monza.

Are we running out of bounds penalties? That's a factor at Monza. We may have to run without them for the more novice drivers. It can drive you insane if you're not used to them. That could lead to short cutting though.

The Rick
March 29th, 2013, 10:18 PM
No penalties for "out-of-bounds". That is why I wouldn't take Trial Mountain. Reverse it and we will talk. I short-cut the shit out of the last turn on Trial Mountain.

I guess we will meet up on the early side of the time slot for tomorrow. See as many of you tomorrow that are able to race.

Olympus
March 29th, 2013, 11:50 PM
I found an old standard car way at the bottom of my list that I was able to tweak a bit and get down around 1:08 or so on Nordwand. Haven't even tested the other two tracks yet.

The Rick
March 30th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Just a reminder. We are on in 1 hour and 21 minutes. Get those practice laps in.

Matty C
March 30th, 2013, 11:19 AM
12 PM EST, right? I'll go on in a bit and look for you.

turdpower
March 30th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Someone tell me which car to get for 50k credits... quickly

Olympus
March 30th, 2013, 11:26 AM
http://gran-turismo.wikia.com/wiki/Gran_Turismo_PDI_RACING_KART_100

You can ride off with this bad boy for 10% of that. :P

Torn
March 30th, 2013, 11:32 AM
THE RICK

Can you confirm my friend request so I can see the room

Thanks

Love Torn

The Rick
March 30th, 2013, 11:49 AM
The lobby is live. RAJAH League. If you don't see it there you should be able to join via the community tab on the left hand side of the screen.

Torn
JOINING THE LOBBY

Matty C
Room is Rajah League. You should just be able to see it.

turdpower
March 30th, 2013, 1:25 PM
Minor apology. Got a food delivery. and that fucked it for me.

turdpower
March 30th, 2013, 1:27 PM
And also, large apology for being a cunt.

Torn
March 30th, 2013, 1:36 PM
:lol:

Really enjoyed that. GOOD RACING GUYS or whatever they say. Matty kept coming away in the first lap without getting involved in all the crashing shenanigans, otherwise the trailing pack were on a similar pace but just couldn't make up 12 bloody seconds or whatever it was he got ahead by on the first corner. Some... interesting.. jostling for posiiton behind him though :D

The Rick
March 30th, 2013, 1:47 PM
2nd Event Results

Race #1-Eiger Nrdwand Short Track (12 laps)

1st place - Matty C 10 points 13:23.866
2nd place - Pablo Diablo 8 points 13:36.352
3rd place - Torn 6 points 13:40.023
4th place - The Rick 4 points 13:43.337
5th place - Turdpower 3 points 14:35.605
6th place - Olympus 2 points 14:48.323

Race #2-Autumn Ring "full" (12 laps)

1st place - Matty C 10 points 15:45.277
2nd place - Torn 8 points 15:52.017
3rd place - Jenova 6 points 16:06.623
4th place - Pablo Diablo 4 points 16:11.047
5th place - The Rick 3 points 16:14.418
6th place - Olympus 2 points 16:54.455
7th place - Turdpower 1 point DNF

Race #3-Autodromo Nazionale Monza (6 laps)

1st place - Matty C 10 points 11:52.794
2nd place - Torn 8 points 12:01.687
3rd place - The Rick 6 points 12:06.160
4th place - Jenova 4 points 12:09.676
5th place - Pablo Diablo 3 points 12:18.380
6th place - Olympus 2 points 12:55.206
7th place - Turdpower 1 point DNF

The Rick
March 30th, 2013, 2:00 PM
Standings after Event 2

1st - Pablo Diablo (43 points with 6 races)

2nd (tied)
-Matty C (30 points with 3 races)
-Olympus (30 Points with 6 races)

4th - The Rick (27 points with 6 races)

5th - Turdpower (23 points with 6 races)

6th - Torn (22 points with 3 races)

7th - Jenova (10 points with 2 races)

8th (tied)
-Beefy (0 points with 0 races)
-Miotch (0 points with 0 races)

Matty C
March 30th, 2013, 2:02 PM
I agree. Getting out in front ofthe carnage was key. As was turdy blowing you up at Monza. :lol: Though he got me just after that as well.

That was a good time. I hope to make the next one. Turdy if you need money let me know and I can gift you a car to sell if you want.

The Rick
March 30th, 2013, 2:06 PM
I agree. Getting out in front ofthe carnage was key. As was turdy blowing you up at Monza. :lol: Though he got me just after that as well.

That was a good time. I hope to make the next one. Turdy if you need money let me know and I can gift you a car to sell if you want.

Do the "online season" races. They are worth more money than doing the A-Spec races. And they are great practice at overtaking other racers.

Torn
March 30th, 2013, 2:11 PM

Ahaha yeah I got just about even with you again after massively cutting a corner then span out on the final turn :( I'm prone to bottling when I'm in a good position, like when I cut another corner to get infront of you (I had to make up ground somehow!!) on the 5th lap only to take the next one badly wide. Although the last was more competitive for the lead I much preferred the first two tracks that had actual corners.

Whats the PP limit for the next set? And PIT STOPS too? Ohh strategy.

The Rick
March 30th, 2013, 2:13 PM
The Championship will consist of the top 5 racers based on points. The Performance Point limit for cars will be placed at 700. 3 Laps around the Nürburgring Nordschleife, and tire wear/fuel consumption will be turned off.

http://cdn.wikimg.net/strategywiki/images/7/7a/GT5_Circuit_N%C3%BCrburgring-Nordschleife.svg

The Rick
March 30th, 2013, 2:16 PM
Whats the PP limit for the next set? And PIT STOPS too? Ohh strategy.

Next PP limit will go up another 100points to 600PP. I'm looking at tracks to see which ones, and how the pit plays into it. As we saw today, the Eiger Nrdwand pit was absolute shit.

Any suggestions on tracks are welcome.

Current tracks for consideration are...
- Laguna Seca
- Grand Valley Speedway

Pablo Diablo
March 30th, 2013, 3:16 PM
Tokyo, Suzuka, Cape Ring and maybe the Special Stages?

The Rick
March 31st, 2013, 4:29 PM
3rd Event

Performance points for cars will be increased 100 points again.
PP Limit - 600

Voting will close Thursday night.

-Laguna Seca Raceway (21 laps)
-Suzuka Circuit (13 laps)
-Tokyo R246 (15 laps)
-Special Stage Route 5 / Night (20 laps)
-Grand Valley Speedway (15 laps)
-Circuit de la Sarthe (5 laps)
-Road Course – Indy (18 laps)

-April 13th & 14th
-April 20th & 21st

*note*
I'm toying with the idea of adding a fourth race to the 4th event. If I do, it would be a kart race. This would give one more race for people to put forth as their "9 Races". Feel free to give me you thoughts on this.

The Rick
March 31st, 2013, 4:33 PM
These races all take around 20 minutes to finish. Tire wear and fuel use will be on. A pitstop will not be mandatory, and it will be possible to go without one. If you are really hard on your tires, however, a pitstop or two may be a necessity.

Yet again play some of the "online season" races. They will help you aquire more money to put towards purchasing more cars to try for the next event, and possibly the Championship event.

The Rick
April 3rd, 2013, 12:38 PM
My pick for three tracks are

-Road Course – Indy (18 laps)

As for the weekends

-April 13th & 14th
Although either Saturday works for me. The Sunday of either is a bit dicey.

Olympus
April 3rd, 2013, 12:48 PM
Tracks:
Leguna Seca
Tokyo
Circut de la Sarthe

Weekend:
Either Saturday is fine, but would probably prefer April 20th. Sundays are no good, unless it's toward the later end of the timeframe.

Kart racing would be fun. There's only one Kart in the game, right?

The Rick
April 3rd, 2013, 12:51 PM
Kart racing would be fun. There's only one Kart in the game, right?

no there are a few. I would use the "online share" feature. everyone would have the same kart.

Matty C
April 4th, 2013, 1:06 PM
Laguna Seca
Laguna Seca
Laguna Seca

What? I did it wrong? No you did it wrong… ok. :(

Laguna Seca
Tokyo R246
Suzuka Circuit

April 20th/21st is better for me though I might be able to make the 14th. The 13th is most likely out for me.

4 races makes sense to me. Everyone is already there, why not give those in attendance a shot at making the race quota. How many races do we need to attend in order to qualify again?

Was posting my practice times helpful for people in figuring out if they were in the right area speed-wise? It kind of puts a target on my back in terms of people ensuring they can beat my speeds but I don’t mind. If the target wasn’t on my back you guys would never see it anyway. :)

Beefy
April 4th, 2013, 1:18 PM
Should be able to do this one. I'll vote for the 13th and 14th though purely because I know I'll be free then when there is a tiny chance I might not be the week after.

Don't care what tracks.

turdpower
April 4th, 2013, 1:21 PM
I tried the Kart races. I cannot steer the thing.

Beefy
April 4th, 2013, 1:23 PM
I've never completed a lap in a kart without spinning off.

Torn
April 4th, 2013, 1:52 PM
I can't do the 13th but can do the other days, so I'll vote for 20th/21st. I'll try the tracks out and vote later.

Matty C
April 4th, 2013, 2:08 PM
The karts are difficult. I imagine that race would be a clusterfuck if we went with it. They require a lot of finesse. My suggestion, if we move forward with karts and people decide to give them a shot, would be not to hammer the gas. The karts work better if you don't jam the accelerator and try to hit top speed all the time. turdpower, I am looking at you :lol:

It's often better with them to glide rather than accelerate, brake, repeat.

turdpower
April 4th, 2013, 3:17 PM
You see this is bollocks, I've been go-karting. This is how they work :grumpy:

The Rick
April 4th, 2013, 6:44 PM
4 races makes sense to me. Everyone is already there, why not give those in attendance a shot at making the race quota. How many races do we need to attend in order to qualify again?

There is no minimum for races. Out of the races we do, you put forward your best 9 races. The 4th race on the 4th event is just a way for people like Beefy, and Miotch to get one more race in. Qualifing for the championship race will be the TOP 5 RACING SCORES based on their point total out of their best 9 races. If someone is able to make the TOP 5 with less races, then so be it. Some of us have a possiblity of being in 12 races(13 if we add the kart). They don't get more points, but do get to try and better their previous scores.

I think karts are really tough for everyone, so it evens the playing field. Driving them is different from cars. I thought about a rally race, but I think I will hold that off until the Summer Series(if one is done),

Was posting my practice times helpful for people in figuring out if they were in the right area speed-wise? It kind of puts a target on my back in terms of people ensuring they can beat my speeds but I don’t mind. If the target wasn’t on my back you guys would never see it anyway. :)

Yes it was. I ran Nord so many times after you posted that time.

Pablo Diablo
April 4th, 2013, 10:04 PM
In reality I can only make the 13th. So I vote for that weekend.

Tracks
Laguna
Tokyo
SSR5

The Rick
April 5th, 2013, 12:36 PM
I've extended the voting to Saturday. We were deadlocked on the date, and are on the third track.

3rd Event

Performance points for cars will be increased 100 points again.
PP Limit - 600

Voting will close Saturday night.

-Laguna Seca Raceway (21 laps) {5 votes}
-Suzuka Circuit (13 laps) {1 vote}
-Tokyo R246 (15 laps) {4 votes}
-Special Stage Route 5 / Night (20 laps) {3 votes}
-Grand Valley Speedway (15 laps) {0 votes}
-Circuit de la Sarthe (5 laps) {1 vote}
-Road Course – Indy (18 laps) {1 vote}

-April 13th & 14th {3 votes}
-April 20th & 21st {5 votes}

turdpower
April 5th, 2013, 12:37 PM
20/21 is best for me.

Jenova
April 6th, 2013, 3:15 PM
Laguna Seca Raceway (21 laps)
Tokyo R246 (15 laps)
Special Stage Route 5 / Night (20 laps)

April 20th & 21st

The Rick
April 7th, 2013, 12:39 PM
The next event will take place on the weekend of April 20th-21st. Please start thinking on which day works best for you. We will close voting on Monday, April 15.
(vote for one)
-Saturday, April 20th
-Sunday, April 21st

Here are the three tracks we will compete on

-Laguna Seca Raceway (21 laps) {with 5 votes}
-Tokyo R246 (15 laps) {with 4 votes}
-Special Stage Route 5 / Night (20 laps) {with 3 votes}

REMEMBER: Tire wear and fuel consumption will be on, as will car damage. You might want to practice this way. Proper breaking will be key, as will smart passing.

turdpower
April 7th, 2013, 1:10 PM
Apologies for when I bash someone and ruin their race.

Matty C
April 8th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Use the analog sticks to accelerate and brake turdy. It will make a huge difference for you, especially with tire wear on.

Torn
April 8th, 2013, 11:01 AM
What's wrong with the shoulder/face buttons?

600PP with tyre wear and fuel consumption? I better start getting some practice in.

Matty C
April 8th, 2013, 12:13 PM
It's harder to ease into the gas/brake with the buttons. It's often FULL GO/FULL STOP rather than gentle acceleration, smooth braking. Turdy has an issue accelerating as it is, with tire wear on that will lead to the tires wearing super fast. Other things to keep in mind with tire wear:

Rear wheel drive vehicles tend to wear the back tires quicker. Especially high horsepower/quick accelerating vehicles.
Racing cars don't tend to slip as much in the corners. Cars that slip or drift will wear tires faster.
Blue = Brand new tires, Green = Warm tires that are in good condition, Yellow = Tires are beginnig to wear, still good on yellow at first depending on how you feel it's handling, not good toward the end (time to pit), red tires = pit now or the car will stop listening to your steering wheel.

Gas won't become an issue in all likelihood. It will be our tires that force us to pit. I recommend practice if you haven't run with tire wear before. I haven't run with it in a long time so I'm definitely planning on getting some time in.

The Rick
April 8th, 2013, 12:21 PM
You have one week(deadline next Monday) to check your schedules and vote on the day that works best for you.

As of right now I vote for the Sunday, April 21st.

Torn
April 8th, 2013, 1:58 PM
Saturday for me

Matty C
April 8th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Sunday for me but I'll try to make either.

turdpower
April 11th, 2013, 2:57 AM
Saturday for me.

The Rick
April 13th, 2013, 12:24 PM
The next event will take place on the weekend of April 20th-21st. Please start thinking on which day works best for you. We will close voting on Monday, April 15.
(vote for one)
-Saturday, April 20th {2 votes}
-Sunday, April 21st {2 votes}

-Tokyo R246 (15 laps)

Torn
April 13th, 2013, 1:48 PM
I will switch my vote to Sunday

Matty C
April 14th, 2013, 8:25 AM
Still Sunday for me. I can probably make either work though.

The Rick
April 14th, 2013, 12:28 PM
(vote for one)
-Saturday, April 20th {1 votes}
-Sunday, April 21st {4 votes}

Pablo Diablo
April 14th, 2013, 1:06 PM
I may be able to make Sunday.

The Rick
April 14th, 2013, 1:14 PM
One more vote will lock in Sunday

The Rick
April 16th, 2013, 10:59 PM
3rd Event

Sunday April 21st. (please discuss which time frame works best for you) I understand it is a Sunday.

Performance points will be limited to 600PP

-Tokyo R246 (15 laps)

Remeber tire wear, and car damage will be on.

Olympus
April 18th, 2013, 6:02 AM
Sorry friends, my computer has been on the fritz for the last week or so.

Looks like I missed the voting, and will be missing the event as well. Can't make Sunday this week.

Beefy
April 19th, 2013, 4:27 AM
Definitely in for this. Don't think I'll have any opportunity to practice though beyond five minutes setting up a car before we start.

Matty C
April 19th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Right, I got MLB The Show 13 last Sunday and hit up the Raptors season finale on Wednesday so I haven't had time to put down any lap times yet. I'm good for whenever on Sunday. My wife and daughter are out of town so my schedule is wide open. If I can pull myself away from The Show long enough I'll put down some times with tire wear, etc for a measuring stick. I haven't even really picked out my car yet.

The Rick
April 19th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Lets try to shoot for the early side of the time frame

GMT (London) 5:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M.

Please come in here and voice you concerns if this doens't work for you. I want to catch as many as possible. There will only be one more event for people to participate in to qualify for the Championship race.

The Rick
April 19th, 2013, 8:18 PM
As for a lap time I'm hitting a 1:28 and under consistantly on the Special Stage Route 5 track.
Rockin the Mazda Furai Concept 08. Also note I tend to run a good 2-3 seconds behind good ole Matty C during races.

Torn
April 20th, 2013, 4:37 PM
I'll be able to go until 6pm my time so hopefully should be fine to fit that in 2 hours as long we start the tracks fairly sharpish and don't spend ages putting in practice laps before each one I guess.

turdpower
April 20th, 2013, 5:08 PM
Nar, need to do quite a few practice laps.

Pablo Diablo
April 20th, 2013, 6:31 PM
If I'm able to make it it will be my first time racing pretty much since our last go around. Not even sure what cars I have around 600, sure I'll find something.

Beefy
April 21st, 2013, 5:59 AM
Definitely in for this. See you later.

Not done online before... will it be obvious where the lobby is??

Pablo Diablo
April 21st, 2013, 8:29 AM
Is that GMT time correct? I thought the Brits were 5 hours ahead of us on the east coast again. So we'd be starting at 5 their time. I could be wrong.

Torn
April 21st, 2013, 8:47 AM
Oh god yeah that's going to be awkward. Can we not push it back an hour or two and aim for the later end of that timing? If no one has an issue.

Pablo Diablo
April 21st, 2013, 9:11 AM
I won't be able to do later, but I'm probably close to already being qualified for the championship race. So if everyone else is ok with the later time I'd be fine missing.

Torn
April 21st, 2013, 9:30 AM
Hmm. I don't anyone to miss out because I am being a cunt. Well I need to pick family up from the train station at 6pm, that won't take long (15/20 mins) which is why I'm trying to switch it either side, but we could work around that maybe? Otherwise I will just have to miss the middle race. Yes I am awkward.

Beefy
April 21st, 2013, 9:32 AM
Fucking hell lads, I've structured my day around it being 4pm.

Are we definitely saying 5? If so I'll go for a jog or something.

I want to pack for my holidays tonight so would rather not leave it until 7 to start this thing.

Torn
April 21st, 2013, 9:43 AM
At the moment it's definitely 5. I'd obviously prefer it an hour earlier like we thought but I'm guessing that will be difficult as the Americans might not even check in here until then.

The Rick
April 21st, 2013, 11:12 AM
I'm up and loging in on my PS3 as I type. We can do what everyone else wants.

Matty C
April 21st, 2013, 11:36 AM
Just saw this. I'm around and can start whenever

The Rick
April 21st, 2013, 11:39 AM
making the lobby, sorry got distracted by some shiz in the Mafia game.

*edit lobby is live*

Torn
April 21st, 2013, 11:41 AM
turdy said he wouldn't be able to make it to me yesterday so it's me, Rick, Matty, Beefy and Pabs?

Torn
April 21st, 2013, 11:44 AM
Oh to answer Beefy's question about how to get to the lobby, go to community, to the rick's name, and click on his lounge.

Beefy
April 21st, 2013, 11:45 AM
Logging in

Beefy
April 21st, 2013, 11:52 AM
Do I have to have Rick on my friends list in order to see him? Whats his PSN name?

Ignore me.... I'm in.

The Rick
April 21st, 2013, 11:57 AM
All right I have Beefy, Torn, and Matty C. We will wait 5 minutes more. Then we start the races, but these races will be long enough that some might be able to join and make the middle or last race.

Torn
April 21st, 2013, 12:06 PM
I think I will just not start the middle race unless you guys are willing to wait like half an hour or even more at the end of this one to start it :(

Torn
April 21st, 2013, 12:10 PM
I was just waiting for the race to start and had no idea me being in the lobby waiting meant it couldn't :lol: shit

Torn
April 21st, 2013, 12:12 PM
Why the fuck is car damage on!>!> My race fucked after the first corner

Torn
April 21st, 2013, 12:15 PM
Bleh. Not racing 20 laps for no reason. Let me know when car damage is off otherwise no point racing the amount of times we crash into each other.

Beefy
April 21st, 2013, 12:47 PM
Just pit in and fix the damage.... Thats what I did. I actually enjoyed damage being. It kept me honest!

Matty C
April 21st, 2013, 12:48 PM
Damage is now set to light Torn. Join in for the last race.

The Rick
April 21st, 2013, 12:50 PM
I turned the damage from Heavy(you have to pit) to Light(the damage only persists for 5-10 seconds).

Torn
April 21st, 2013, 12:51 PM
Just pit in and fix the damage.... Thats what I did. I actually enjoyed damage being. It kept me honest!

I did. Twice in the first two laps. So I'd rather watch the football than fight for last place over half an hour. And that's assuming I wouldn't crash again which is highly highly unlikely.

I turned the damage from Heavy(you have to pit) to Light(the damage only persists for 5-10 seconds).

Thanks. I will be there for the final race.

Torn
April 21st, 2013, 2:18 PM
YES!!!!! Finally a win.

How did I get 40+ seconds ahead of Matty!?!

The Rick
April 21st, 2013, 2:36 PM
3rd Event Results

Race #1-Laguna Seca (21 laps)

1st. Matty C - 10 points
31:08.849
2nd. Pablo Diablo - 8 points
32:08.621
3rd. Beefy - 6 points
DNF 20 Laps completed
4th. The Rick - 4 points
DNF 20 Laps completed
5th. Torn - 3 points
DNF 6 Laps completed

Race #2-Tokyo R246 (15 laps)

1st. Pablo Diablo - 10 points
26:17.34
2nd. Matty C - 8 points
26:39.018
3rd. The Rick - 6 points
26:48.375
4th. Beefy - 4 points
DNF 14 Laps completed

Race #1-Special Stage Route 5 (20 laps)

1st. Torn - 10 points
29:09.823
2nd. Matty C - 8 points
29:52.293
3rd. The Rick - 6 points
DNF 19 laps completed
4th. Beefy - 4 points
DNF 19 laps completed
5th. Turdpower - 3 points
DNF 18 laps completed
6th. Pablo Diablo - 2 points
DNF 9 laps completed

The Rick
April 21st, 2013, 2:42 PM
Standings after Event 3

1st - Pablo Diablo (63 points with 9 races)

2nd - Matty C (56 points with 6 races)

3rd - The Rick (43 points with 9 races)

4th - Torn (35 points with 5 races)

5th - Olympus (30 Points with 6 races)

5th - Turdpower (25 points with 7 races)

7th - Beefy (14 points with 3 races)

8th - Jenova (10 points with 2 races)

9th - Miotch (0 points with 0 races)

The Rick
April 21st, 2013, 3:17 PM
4th Event
Voting will close Friday night.

-May 11th & 12st
-May 18th & 19th

Performance points for cars will change race to race, so pay attention.

Race 1 400PP car limit (pick one)

Race 2 500PP car limit (pick one)

Race 3 600PP car limit (pick one)
-Tokyo R246 (15 laps)

Race 4 Kart race (pick one)
-Kart Space 1 (10 laps)
-Kart Space 1 Reverse (10 laps)
-Kart Space 2 (11 laps)
-Kart Space 2 Reverse (11 laps)
-Circuito De Madrid Mini (5 laps)

Matty C
April 21st, 2013, 3:27 PM
I have a baseball tournament May 4th & 5th so the following weekend is better for me. I think I'm good to qualify though so concentrate on those in need.

You got that far ahead because I couldn't get my car to behave Torn. The back end kept wanting to come around. Your times were just consistently better and I wasn't sticking well enough to stay with you regularly.

Beefy
April 21st, 2013, 4:20 PM
I feel about karting how Torn feels about damage.

turdpower
April 21st, 2013, 4:29 PM
I don't think I can convey how bad I am at Karting.

Pablo Diablo
April 21st, 2013, 4:31 PM
Compare it to your regular driving.

Olympus
April 21st, 2013, 8:44 PM
What happened to Pablo on SSR5?

The Rick
April 21st, 2013, 8:47 PM

Wife took him away. And Torn had to pick up family so he had his DNF on the first race.

If I get a majority that want these stricken I will do it, but as of right now they showed up in my book. Even if they couldn't finish their races. We are talking about 30 minute races too.

Olympus
April 21st, 2013, 8:50 PM
Bummed I couldn't be there. Since they were that long though, I probably could have jumped in on the 3rd for sure, and maybe even the 2nd. Oh well.

Both of the next weekends listed are dicey, but I'll get some cars ready just in case.

The Rick
April 21st, 2013, 9:00 PM
Bummed I couldn't be there. Since they were that long though, I probably could have jumped in on the 3rd for sure, and maybe even the 2nd. Oh well.

Both of the next weekends listed are dicey, but I'll get some cars ready just in case.

Well if enough people think those are dicey, then we can push them back. I want as many as possible for the 4th event. With 4 races, I would like everyone to get a chance at some points.

After this event, the top 5 racers will go onto the championship. 3 Laps around the Nürburgring Nordschleife. Tire wear, fuel consumption and car damage will be turned off.

Pablo Diablo
April 21st, 2013, 10:07 PM

I was solidly 3rd too.

The Rick
April 21st, 2013, 10:10 PM
I was solidly 3rd too.

don't know what you're talking about :shifty:

Pablo Diablo
April 21st, 2013, 10:11 PM
So pretty much the only way I don't qualify for the championship is if turdy wins all 4 of the next races. I won't put my votes in because I guess mine doesn't matter really.

turdpower
April 22nd, 2013, 12:25 PM
Compare it to your regular driving.

A million times worse.

Matty C
April 22nd, 2013, 1:15 PM
Interesting. I almost want to do the kart races just to see what that looks like...

Also, Beefy sounds nothing like I expected. He has quite the regal sound to him. He really classes up the racing. :lol:

The Rick
April 23rd, 2013, 9:38 PM
4th Event
Voting will close Friday night.

-May 11th & 12st
-May 18th & 19th

Performance points for cars will change race to race, so pay attention.

-Tokyo R246 (15 laps)

-Kart Space 1 (10 laps)
-Kart Space 1 Reverse (10 laps)
-Kart Space 2 (11 laps)
-Kart Space 2 Reverse (11 laps)

The Rick
April 23rd, 2013, 9:38 PM
I backed the weekend selection by one. I hope this will allow for more people to play.

Matty C
April 24th, 2013, 9:07 AM
The 12th is the only day I might be able to make it. I work the 11th and I'm out of town over the 18th/19th weekend which is a holiday weekend here in Canada. I'm out of town the following weekend too though. Spring is here and my hibernation is coming to an end. :lol:

Torn
April 24th, 2013, 9:08 AM
Now do I vote for the 12th, or vote for a day where Matty isn't there to give myself a higher chance of points :chin:

Matty C
April 24th, 2013, 9:18 AM
Lets wait and see what other people are able to make. I might also be able to make the 11th if the time is shifted to a bit later. I'll be home around 3:30PM EST. That's like 8:30GMT though, isn't it? That would be ok for an old man like me that doesn't go out on Saturday nights but might cramp other people's style.

I may be ok to qualify anyway, in which case I'll see you in THE RING Mr. Torn.

Pablo Diablo
April 24th, 2013, 6:33 PM
When are we aiming for the championship races? I just realized I likely won't be able to participate with my wedding weekend being the 8th of June and then leaving for the honeymoon on the 15th for a week.

The Rick
April 24th, 2013, 6:39 PM
When are we aiming for the championship races? I just realized I likely won't be able to participate with my wedding weekend being the 8th of June and then leaving for the honeymoon on the 15th for a week.

When ever we can get all the 5 qualifying people to agree on a date and time. If it is at the end of June them fine. However, if we do the first date for event 4, then we can put up the championship in the next week or two. I'm on my phone right now, but I'll give my track picks later tonight.

Matty C
April 25th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Assuming I qualify and am part of the decision, I can do June 2nd for the last race or later in June after Pabs comes back.

Torn
April 25th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Lets wait and see what other people are able to make. I might also be able to make the 11th if the time is shifted to a bit later. I'll be home around 3:30PM EST. That's like 8:30GMT though, isn't it? That would be ok for an old man like me that doesn't go out on Saturday nights but might cramp other people's style.

I may be ok to qualify anyway, in which case I'll see you in THE RING Mr. Torn.

I'd prefer that time on that date to be honest.

The Rick
April 25th, 2013, 12:34 PM
My Picks

Weekend
-May 11th & 12st

Race 1 400PP car limit

Race 2 500PP car limit

Race 3 600PP car limit
-Tokyo R246 (15 laps)

Race 4 Kart race

turdpower
April 25th, 2013, 12:42 PM
I'm free for the championship battle pretty much whenever.

turdpower
April 25th, 2013, 2:37 PM
Seriously lads, whenever.

turdpower
April 26th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Lads?

The Rick
April 26th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Lads?

I know right?

pick a date Turdy, and we might set this SOB. And if you picked your favorite tracks from what we have already raced. That would be much appreciated.

Matty C
April 26th, 2013, 1:24 PM
Which weekend works best for you?
-May 11th & 12th

11th after 3:30 PM EST . 12th whenever.