PDA

View Full Version : VIP fantasy baseball thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

hithit
February 11th, 2013, 8:24 PM
it's about that time. couple of things.
1. let me know if you got your invites.
2. are we doing keepers?
3. draft time is definitely not set in stone.

Defrost
February 11th, 2013, 8:31 PM
I'm for keepers

Christopherson
February 11th, 2013, 9:14 PM
I haven't received an invite but I seem to remember you had problems with this last year when it was through my email. My email is mechrisuk@hotmail.com or you might not want me in this year which would be awkward and I'll slowly retreat from the thread.

In the off chance you do want me in....I kept meaning to bring this up to Torn and you last year about doing two leagues, one a dynasty/keeper league (which obviously would be a long term thing) and the regular one you did last year. Having never been in a dynasty/keeper league the prospect of one does kinda excite me.

Cewsh
February 11th, 2013, 9:32 PM
I've never done a keeper league, but it could definitely be a lot of fun.

virms
February 11th, 2013, 9:57 PM
What is keepers?

hithit
February 11th, 2013, 10:01 PM
no worries chris, we still want ya.
virmy, keepers are you can keep x amount of players you draft, or i should say are on your roster at the end of the year.

Cewsh
February 11th, 2013, 10:07 PM
So who all have we formally banned from playing again?

hithit
February 11th, 2013, 10:12 PM
i dont know who is all banned now.

Torn
February 12th, 2013, 4:07 AM
What is keepers?

So who all have we formally banned from playing again?

:chin:

Torn
February 12th, 2013, 11:42 AM
I kept meaning to bring this up to Torn and you last year about doing two leagues, one a dynasty/keeper league (which obviously would be a long term thing) and the regular one you did last year. Having never been in a dynasty/keeper league the prospect of one does kinda excite me.

Two leagues with the same people in?

So the member situation: we have eight people who have either been in the league since it started for the last three years and been reliable, active and good to play with, or proven they are active and fun to play with here and in other Rajah leagues (Chris, basically)

Torn
Christopherson
Atty
Defrost
hithit
Cewsh
Morrison
Matthew

Then we have Dolmeth who was active for about a month before dying and... Virm.

A problem with setting up a keeper/dynasty league is that we don't want to have the final two spots being a revolving door. We'll never be able to fill these spots as their team gets ever increasingly fucked in the ass as time goes on.

LOCONUT
February 12th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Free keeper leagues are unsustainable. Also I won the real league last year in case you guys were wondering.

Fro
February 12th, 2013, 11:56 AM
I will throw my name in the hat to join. I like the fact that you guys actually have regular discussion going on in the forum.

Matthew
February 12th, 2013, 11:58 AM
yea. i'd rather have fun than be in a yawnfest with people who rarely post.

Torn
February 12th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Free keeper leagues are unsustainable.

Maybe, but I don't think the issue would be that we have no prize, we have all been consistently active over years and don't think that will change. It's those two other spots, but I also don't think virm would change his activity at all if he had a tenner on the line or whatever.

Torn
February 12th, 2013, 12:08 PM
I will throw my name in the hat to join. I like the fact that you guys actually have regular discussion going on in the forum.

I'd be down with giving you a spot, enjoyed playing with you in the leagues I've been with you in before and I'm sure Cewsh and Christopherson will think the same. Also, I now know that from Halo, despite being from Boston your voice is not horrible like I expected.

Hitty + everyone: I assume we are definitely losing Dolmeth (it is Dolmeth in there currently right?) so there'll be that spot free?

Matthew
February 12th, 2013, 12:11 PM
yea

Cewsh
February 12th, 2013, 12:28 PM
We should definitely get Fro in. He's an active member of the Board Games one and he's good for this sort of thing. Hearty endorsement. :yes:

Christopherson
February 12th, 2013, 2:46 PM
Hell yeah on Fro from me :yes:.

With your extensive networking of friends on Rajah surely between Torn, hithit and Atty you know someone who is reliable?

hithit
February 12th, 2013, 5:27 PM
im definitely down for fro being in. i know he is active in fantasy, so he has my vote too. so that would give us: me, cewsh, frosty, atty, matthew, morrison, chris, torn, and fro?
so we would still need one more guy.

hithit
February 12th, 2013, 5:32 PM
can someone go see if you can get into the league? what i mean does it show you are already active in the league? or do i need to send invites?

Cewsh
February 12th, 2013, 5:43 PM
I'm already in. Have the draft countdown and everything.

hithit
February 12th, 2013, 5:56 PM
sweet. then i should just need to invite the new peeps.

Christopherson
February 12th, 2013, 6:04 PM
I think it's active for me even there wasn't any kind of invite for me to accept, it just seemed to do it automatically.

Matthew
February 12th, 2013, 6:09 PM
give vice a team and have torn and i co-run it.

Brian M.
February 13th, 2013, 7:19 PM
If you guys still need another person, I'll join up.

hithit
February 13th, 2013, 7:21 PM
i think you're in then brian. just pm me your email addy and ill send you an invite.

hithit
February 13th, 2013, 10:51 PM
we got us a full league. anybody got any requests for the rosters? or any ideas/thoughts/changes they want?

Cewsh
February 13th, 2013, 11:18 PM
I prefer the pitchers split up into RP and P. Thought on that?

Torn
February 14th, 2013, 11:56 AM
I agree with that, whatever it was we had last year.

Atty
February 14th, 2013, 12:35 PM
I'm obviously still in. I have to get my win back from Torn.

hithit
February 14th, 2013, 7:30 PM
ill change the pitchers back. instead of 9 slots though, should we go 7? say have 2 rp and then just 5 pitcher spots?

Fro
February 14th, 2013, 8:07 PM
I'm a fan of the roster that is used in most of the Rajah leagues, which is C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P.

I see that you guys go deeper with this one which is fun too, and different, so I'm down. My suggestion would be to take the above and add 1 IF (rather than the 1 corner IF + 1 middle IF you have now), plus add a 4th outfielder (OF). The 6 IF 3 OF setup you have seems pretty uneven to me.

For pitchers.. idk, maybe 8 total to keep in line with the deeper league. I do like having the SP and RP spots if only to prevent someone from having 5+ closers on their team.

Christopherson
February 14th, 2013, 10:49 PM
I like the way we did it last year but I'm easy oozie on what ever you guys choose.

So much value in the drafts this year from all the way at the top (Trout, Braun, Cabrera) to picking those sleeper beauties. My only problem is I am shaping up to have a busy March (weddings, birthdays, hospital appointments) so I'm hoping none of these unimportant dates disturb my fantasy drafts, you know I gotta keep things in perspective.

hithit
February 14th, 2013, 10:56 PM
i will try to work with everyone for the draft. hoping we can all be present for it this year

hithit
February 14th, 2013, 11:02 PM
i like fros idea for a roster, just have one extra infielder instead of the 2. what is everyone elses thoughts on that?
only thing i don't wanna do is have the lf, cf, rf. wanna keep the outfield as just 3 outfielders.

Cewsh
February 14th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Yep, sounds good.

Torn
February 15th, 2013, 7:53 AM
Why change it so dramatically? It's been fine for years now. The standard ESPN set up with the infield, extra corner, extra MI, five outfielders and one util pretty much works perfectly, and the yahoo set up Fro has described is wank in comparison. Too shallow for a 10 team league. If you do that then you need bigger benches (which the yahoo leagues have) and then you don't actually play half your team. The only changes I would suggest in our league is moving to five outfielders and one UTIL rather than 4 and 2, and to change however many SP/RP are set in our league back to what it was last year which I believe is the ESPN standard amount. Arbitrarily cutting and adding rosters spots like switching the MI and corner spots to one infield spot makes no sense.

Matthew
February 15th, 2013, 10:18 AM
has baseball started yet

Torn
February 15th, 2013, 10:25 AM
I wish

Matthew
February 15th, 2013, 10:29 AM
baseball is so cool

Torn
February 15th, 2013, 11:13 AM
I'm all signed up. Love the weekly format because I'm in two highly competitive daily leagues and having to put up with a third would make my head explode.

If you guys still need another person, I'll join up.

Are you a fan of head exploding?

hithit
February 15th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Torn, dont be afraid to make changes, thats why you have lm power too

Cewsh
February 15th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Torn makes some great points. I didn't realize that that was basically the Yahoo system, which is fucking miserable.

Matthew
February 15th, 2013, 12:42 PM
i am in favor for anything that gives me an advantage.

totally in favor of the rule to have the first person to named matthew to say OKAY will get the first 5 picks of the draft

Matthew
February 15th, 2013, 12:42 PM
OKAY

Cewsh
February 15th, 2013, 12:46 PM
OKAY will get the first 5 picks of the draft

I legally changed my name to Matthew. I WIN

Matthew
February 15th, 2013, 12:47 PM
objection

Matthew
February 15th, 2013, 12:48 PM
i motherfuckin object

someone veto this rule or let me amend it because this is bullshit

Cewsh
February 15th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Your lack of punctuation has finally become your downfall.

I draft Matthew for bat boy.

Matthew
February 15th, 2013, 1:16 PM
what lack of punctuation

hithit
February 15th, 2013, 7:35 PM
ive decided to leave the rosters as is. wont be any changes to them, well at least for the offensive players.
do you guys like the way i have the pitching set up? or do you want it changed?

Torn
February 15th, 2013, 7:43 PM
ESPN standard is 9 pitchers, we've had 9 pitching slots the entire time, I don't see the reason to change. I'd suggest we either have all as any pitcher or two as RP.

hithit
February 15th, 2013, 7:46 PM
we had the 9 last year, and 2 of them were rp, so thats what i will change it back to.

Matthew
February 15th, 2013, 7:47 PM
no changes

2pac

Cewsh
February 15th, 2013, 7:48 PM
Yep, same offense, 9 pitchers, 2 RP. The ideal way. :yes:

Atty
February 15th, 2013, 7:56 PM
We've played with these settings for years, no reason to change now.

Brian M.
February 15th, 2013, 7:59 PM
Are you a fan of head exploding?

I have a crippling addiction to fantasy baseball. It's a problem. But at least you know I'll be active, given my propensity to check all of my teams 5 times a day.

hithit
February 19th, 2013, 8:02 PM
live drafts are now active on espn!

Cewsh
February 19th, 2013, 10:06 PM
WOOOO

So when are we doing ours? As usual, I can't do it before 8PM EST unless is on a weekend.

hithit
February 19th, 2013, 11:14 PM
We need everyones input on that. Im open to most times now that im on first shift(after this 2 week stinton 3rd).

Morrison
February 20th, 2013, 11:42 AM
i think i'll be working morning shifts at work, so i should be able to do it any day we come up with. i'll be able to tell closer to the actual date, since my schedule doesn't get done that far in advance.

Torn
February 20th, 2013, 11:46 AM
A weekend seems to usually be the best option for everyone, Sunday evening has always been popular (although not too late due to work on Monday for me and timezones etc), 6 or 7 ET?

Brian M.
February 21st, 2013, 6:32 PM
Sundays at any time or weeknights after about 7 EST work best for me.

Cewsh
February 21st, 2013, 6:59 PM
A Sunday at 7 sounds pretty ideal for everyone.

Fro
February 23rd, 2013, 7:03 PM
works for me

Torn
March 1st, 2013, 8:52 AM
Sunday 24th?

hithit
March 1st, 2013, 8:58 AM
As of right now that works for me. Can you change that torn? I just got home from work and am going to bed shortly.

hithit
March 2nd, 2013, 3:59 AM
sunday the 24th no longer works for me. doing my money league draft that night. can we do it the week prior?

Christopherson
March 2nd, 2013, 6:43 AM
Wife's birthday is the 21st and the wedding I was talking about is today so I'm golden just about anytime really.

Torn
March 2nd, 2013, 9:03 AM
sunday the 24th no longer works for me. doing my money league draft that night. can we do it the week prior?

Sounds fine to me. Will wait and see of anyone has issues with that first. Sunday 17th.

Atty
March 2nd, 2013, 9:13 AM
I should be okay with that. And will have a proper drafting computer. Far younger and more powerful. And it won't crash and make me RAGE about getting Corey Hart

Defrost
March 2nd, 2013, 10:31 AM
Any Sunday is fine by me

Brian M.
March 2nd, 2013, 4:36 PM
Sunday the 17th is fine as long as it's earlier in the day. Later that night I will likely be out drinking as it is St. Patrick's Day.

Torn
March 2nd, 2013, 4:53 PM
Would 5/6 ET be alright?

Torn
March 2nd, 2013, 4:53 PM
Also are we going to have hitty randomly generate the draft order again like we did for the football league? That was good.

Cewsh
March 2nd, 2013, 5:22 PM
:yes: Random is a good plan. The football draft worked like a dream this year.

Brian M.
March 2nd, 2013, 5:49 PM
Would 5/6 ET be alright?

Should be no issue. If need be I will set my autodraft just in case I have to leave early or something.

hithit
March 2nd, 2013, 8:14 PM
Ill draw names out of a hat again.

Matthew
March 2nd, 2013, 8:49 PM
i transcend time and drafts

Torn
March 8th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Draft time is SET at 5 ET Sunday 17th

hitty lets get these names drawn :hyper:

hithit
March 10th, 2013, 3:30 PM
and the order of the draft is:
1: torn
2: morrison
3: matthew
4: cewsh
5: hithit
6: defrost
7 :atty
8: brain m
9: fro
10: christopherson

Cewsh
March 10th, 2013, 3:58 PM
I can live with that. I love that everyone in this year is a proven really good player.

Except me, perpetual last place finisher that I am. :(

Torn
March 10th, 2013, 3:59 PM
Cheers hitty

Can we trade picks?

hithit
March 10th, 2013, 5:27 PM
yea we can. i added that as a see what happens kind of thing. if you guys want it gone, say the word and ill remove it.
i was actually gonna offer you my first and third for your first and sixth rounders.

Atty
March 10th, 2013, 10:52 PM
and the order of the draft is:
1: torn
2: morrison
3: matthew
4: cewsh
5: hithit
6: defrost
7 :atty
8: brain m
9: fro
10: christopherson

I love my spot, but will be on autopick now that I have to work that day. Sucks, but I'm tweaking my autopick strategy so it doesn't keep drafting catchers and pitchers. From the seven spot, I think I'm fairly safe on auto for the one player everyone knows I want. ;)

Torn
March 11th, 2013, 3:03 PM
Well sure we know but 7 seems a bit high for Brian Wilson.

Atty
March 12th, 2013, 12:54 AM
:lol:

Brian Wilson :rofl:

I hate Virm for that but, still, it made me laugh far too much too be hate.

Defrost
March 12th, 2013, 1:10 AM
I love my spot, but will be on autopick now that I have to work that day. Sucks, but I'm tweaking my autopick strategy so it doesn't keep drafting catchers and pitchers. From the seven spot, I think I'm fairly safe on auto for the one player everyone knows I want. ;)

Do you think so now?

Cewsh
March 12th, 2013, 1:13 AM
I say we all agree as a group to draft every worthwhile Tigers player in the first round and then bench them all year.

Defrost
March 12th, 2013, 1:15 AM
Well you figure Cabrera goes one or two. At six Verlander is getting drafted mostly out of spite. So it is up to someone in between to pick Fielder and we're all set.

Torn
March 12th, 2013, 4:43 PM
At six Verlander is getting drafted mostly out of spite.

Ahahaha!

Atty
March 13th, 2013, 8:39 AM
Well you figure Cabrera goes one or two. At six Verlander is getting drafted mostly out of spite. So it is up to someone in between to pick Fielder and we're all set.

:lol:

Morrison
March 13th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Draft time is SET at 5 ET Sunday 17th

hitty lets get these names drawn :hyper:
we close at 5 on sundays and the 17th is my girls birthday. can we push it back a week and to a later start time? 8est would be ideal.

Matthew
March 13th, 2013, 10:59 AM
8 would make it impossible for the brits

Morrison
March 13th, 2013, 10:59 AM
good.

Torn
March 13th, 2013, 11:00 AM
You've had weeks to speak out about this. The time is set.

Matthew
March 13th, 2013, 11:00 AM
dont you dare

Matthew
March 13th, 2013, 11:01 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhh torn laying down the lawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Morrison
March 13th, 2013, 11:01 AM
also i'm sorry this is coming so late after it being set. i was promoted once our new restaurant opened and have been putting in 60+ hour weeks since mid february. admittedly haven't been doing much else but working and didn't keep up with what was going on with this.

Torn
March 13th, 2013, 11:04 AM
We can push it back an hour if it helps as no one spoke up about having a problem with 6 ET but we certainly aren't switching it back a week after others in the thread earlier said they couldn't do that date.

Morrison
March 13th, 2013, 11:06 AM
You've had weeks to speak out about this. The time is set.

i've posted once since this date was set. i understand the gap, but don't fucking tell me what i should've been doing with my time. i merely asked if it could be pushed back, i don't need some snippy answer back.

Matthew
March 13th, 2013, 11:08 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shit

Cewsh
March 13th, 2013, 11:09 AM
I'm fine with 6 instead of 5, but yeah, next week I wouldn't be able to do it.

Torn
March 13th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Get fucked. I'm not telling you to do anything, I'm saying that we left PLENTY of time for discussion so don't come in here days before we draft after we've had trouble sorting shit out saying you want the draft changed to a time that is CLEARLY unsuitable for others who have commented on it already.

Matthew
March 13th, 2013, 11:19 AM
whoa whoa whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Morrison
March 13th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Get fucked. I'm not telling you to do anything, I'm saying that we left PLENTY of time for discussion so don't come in here days before we draft after we've had trouble sorting shit out saying you want the draft changed to a time that is CLEARLY unsuitable for others who have commented on it already.

you were. you're telling me i had plenty of time to get in here and have a discussion on shit when i've posted ONCE since february 20th until today and have hardly been online in that time span. i don't know any troubles you guys have had cause i haven't read any of it. i saw the set date and immediately posted, not even realizing this happened at the beginning of march cause of how behind i am on shit. regardless, you could've just said 'sorry dude, a bunch of peeps can't do next week' instead of getting on my ass about time i didn't have the luxury of spending freely.

Cewsh
March 13th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Are you going to have the time to play regularly, Morri?

Matthew
March 13th, 2013, 11:28 AM
i moved the draft to RIGHT NOW

Morrison
March 13th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Are you going to have the time to play regularly, Morri?

that's actually another concern i've had since matthew told me the draft order a couple days ago, and i freaked out cause i thought the draft was that day. we've settled in at the new restaurant, so monday/tuesday isn't so crazy, then i'm supposed to have off wednesday/thursday. but the weekend is a different beast. i don't get much time to check my phone until after 3pm those days. whether that's enough to give up my spot, i don't know. i'll likely be less active then previous years, but still more active than some people in the past.

Morrison
March 13th, 2013, 11:39 AM
and fuck torn for making me fight with him.

Matthew
March 13th, 2013, 11:39 AM
keep him in

Torn
March 13th, 2013, 11:46 AM
you were. you're telling me i had plenty of time to get in here and have a discussion on shit when i've posted ONCE since february 20th until today and have hardly been online in that time span. i don't know any troubles you guys have had cause i haven't read any of it. i saw the set date and immediately posted, not even realizing this happened at the beginning of march cause of how behind i am on shit. regardless, you could've just said 'sorry dude, a bunch of peeps can't do next week' instead of getting on my ass about time i didn't have the luxury of spending freely.

I don't care how you have spent your time. Fact is, I did leave plenty of time for anybody to come with any problems and people did respond, so of course I'm going to get pissy with anyone who comes in a few days before the draft asking to move it to a time that we moved from already because people can't do. Sure I could have said that, but you could have read the thread to begin with.

Basically I now hate you forever. Also from what you said it doesn't sound like you should give up your spot, we all know you will still not be able to resist checking your team a lot anyway! I mean you don't (still don't?) even like baseball that much and still have been crazy active over the years so it's all good.

Torn
March 13th, 2013, 11:47 AM
and fuck torn for making me fight with him.

Hate you.

Forever.

Torn
March 13th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Maybe.

Matthew
March 13th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Matthew: dont be so mean
Torn: nah bro. i am gonna fly to america and strangle him. he is such a pussy and i hate him. im gonna kill him and bang his girlfriend so she knows what a real man is like
Matthew: whoa settle down BRUH
Torn: Nah fuck him, gonna put a garden hose down his throat and drown him

Torn
March 13th, 2013, 11:52 AM
As if I would use a garden hose as my weapon

Matthew
March 13th, 2013, 11:58 AM
look at how settled i got torn

hes like umaga and my name is

armandooooooooooo

alejandrooooooooo

esssssssssssssssstradaaaaaaaaaaaa

Torn
March 13th, 2013, 11:59 AM
I forgot that guy existed, what a man

Also me and Matthew tried to trade picks but ESPN is broken

Matthew
March 13th, 2013, 12:00 PM
yea torn and i are trading EVERY PICK IN THE DRAFT

Atty
March 13th, 2013, 12:18 PM
As if I would use a garden hose as my weapon

Empty bottle and rolling?

As for me, while I do have a conflict with the draft, I've just been mercilessly editing my rankings and autopick selections and wouldn't want it moved on my account. It's actually a fun challenge to set it so I A) get players I like and B) have a balanced team where one position doesn't get massively overdrafted. Besides, it'll be fun trading to fill out the team. We can always use more trades.

Just in case, I do recommend Morry look over the auto-pick settings. You can set the minimum and maximum number drafted from any one position, whet types of players to draft when and so forth.

Torn
March 13th, 2013, 2:42 PM
yea torn and i are trading EVERY PICK IN THE DRAFT

YER. I can just change draft order to reflect this trade luckily.

It was fine on my team but with Matthew it kept saying something about player in ineligible slot. In case anyone was thinking of swapping picks.

Morrison
March 13th, 2013, 6:42 PM
Empty bottle and rolling?

As for me, while I do have a conflict with the draft, I've just been mercilessly editing my rankings and autopick selections and wouldn't want it moved on my account. It's actually a fun challenge to set it so I A) get players I like and B) have a balanced team where one position doesn't get massively overdrafted. Besides, it'll be fun trading to fill out the team. We can always use more trades.

Just in case, I do recommend Morry look over the auto-pick settings. You can set the minimum and maximum number drafted from any one position, whet types of players to draft when and so forth.

setting auto-pick shit is something i wanted to avoid, cause it's just so much easier to fill out your team in real time, however i will likely do this cause even if the draft is pushed back until 6, i likely will miss the start of the draft and/or the whole thing. i'll probably hop on and look it over, though i may need your guidance on figuring shit out.

Morrison
March 13th, 2013, 6:43 PM
oh and fuck torn.

Atty
March 14th, 2013, 3:13 AM
setting auto-pick shit is something i wanted to avoid, cause it's just so much easier to fill out your team in real time, however i will likely do this cause even if the draft is pushed back until 6, i likely will miss the start of the draft and/or the whole thing. i'll probably hop on and look it over, though i may need your guidance on figuring shit out.

It's kind of like a safety net. I've had it set the past couple years so, if something wacky happens during the draft and I lose connection, I don't just draft a team that has holes, five catchers or whatever.

Like, right now, it would draft just one catcher. That's really the best position to illustrate it with, as it's the one spot where we really only need one player. I have caps on how many can be drafted from most all positions and have kept them fairly low at most positions so I don't get four shortstops or second basemen. Setting it to draft certain positions at certain picks seems nice, but isn't something I've messed with. There's no way to tell in advance when people will start drafting certain positions or when the players you like from those positions will be gone.

Torn
March 14th, 2013, 4:07 AM
oh and fuck torn.

No fuck you motherfucker

If no one has a problem then we will move it to 6 just incase you arrive at some point.

Atty
March 15th, 2013, 10:41 AM
ESPN is now giving me an error message when I try to edit my rankings. Started last night but I ignored it then thinking it was one of those things that would sort itself out.

Anyone else having this problem? NEED TO TWEAK!

Torn
March 15th, 2013, 10:58 AM
What's the error message? I tried to join a mock draft yesterday and it came up with an error message, and we also had the other ESPN is going nuts.

It seems to work for me just fine though.

Cewsh
March 15th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Yeah, it's just going in and out due to the high level of activity in mid-March.

Cewsh
March 15th, 2013, 11:56 AM
I'm trying to figure out what my strategy should be going into this one. Because my classic "Draft one Ace pitcher and snag the rest in middle rounds" pretty much sunk me into last place when that pitcher turned out to be Tim Lincecum last year.

Atty
March 15th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Pitchers are fickle. There's obviously the one I LOVE, but he could put up a 6.00 ERA and I'd still suck him off.

Usually, I avoid them mostly in draft. This year will probably be different with me on auto, but I've been merciless with tweaking my rankings. I keep looking through and rethinking how much I like each player.

Atty
March 15th, 2013, 12:42 PM
What's the error message? I tried to join a mock draft yesterday and it came up with an error message, and we also had the other ESPN is going nuts.

It seems to work for me just fine though.

It's working now.

Matthew
March 15th, 2013, 12:48 PM
i got the first pick

i win

Atty
March 15th, 2013, 3:26 PM
So, Miggy or Trouty?

Cewsh
March 15th, 2013, 3:45 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lohmv59cep1qmbzuuo1_500.jpg

Fro
March 15th, 2013, 3:48 PM
I would go Trout all day erryday.

Defrost
March 15th, 2013, 4:07 PM
Not afraid of Trout showing up to Spring Training looking a bit big?

Torn
March 15th, 2013, 4:11 PM
Here is the most recent photo of Mike Trout

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8073/8374891919_6c4014c56a_n.jpg

Fro
March 15th, 2013, 4:17 PM
Stout Trout is still worth that first overall shout. Then again he has less value in this particular league because of the OF position rather than CF where he is plain godly. I'd rather be in that #3 spot though, and get to take whoever falls to me.

Cewsh
March 15th, 2013, 4:28 PM
I've pretty much won the Robinson Cano consolation prize sweepstakes unless somebody in the top 3 decides to get wacky.

Matthew
March 15th, 2013, 4:55 PM
I AM PICKING NUMBER 1

CAM NEWTON

hithit
March 15th, 2013, 5:15 PM
morri, would you consider swapping picks with me?

Kneeneighbor
March 15th, 2013, 5:24 PM
Hey guys quick question, I joined a keeper auction league with my brother's friends. Where do I see how much a player will cost if I keep him into this season?

Thanks.

Christopherson
March 15th, 2013, 5:49 PM
What the fudge, I go away for a few hours and there's people wanting to murder each other, hack computers, suck each off and worse of all move the start date for the draft! Ridiculous.

So I'm in the 10 hole that's a new one for me I don't think I've done a draft in the that position before. I've been doing the mock drafts on ESPN and just about every team I have done is a bit on the mental side, the variance is stunning but that is probably just down to me. I still haven't made up my own list yet I'll get on that tonight or tomorrow also if Matthew could trade me Ryan Braun again that would be super helpful. Ahh memories when me and Matthew stunned the world....Josh Hamilton went ballistic for the first couple of months and the arse fell out of him.

Fro
March 17th, 2013, 1:11 AM
I'm going to try to time this so I can make the draft but since I'll be at a St Patrick's Day parade a few hours prior, if I do make it I'll be in a shall we say altered state of mind. Should be fun.

Torn
March 17th, 2013, 4:06 PM
Draft room is OPEN.

Morrison
March 17th, 2013, 6:16 PM
thanks for pushing it back to 6, guys. ended up using a favor to get the day off today so i could fit in birthday time AND get to the draft, thinking i've arrived 40 minutes early only to find out i'm 20 minutes late. i wouldn't have taken braun at 2, which is a disappointment, but thankfully the other auto-picks weren't too bad. i'm definitely open to some trades for hamels and braun, so hitty let me know what's up.

hithit
March 17th, 2013, 6:18 PM
ill be offering asap morri

hithit
March 17th, 2013, 6:20 PM
and it is offered my friend

Christopherson
March 17th, 2013, 6:21 PM
Likewise Morrison but first I really, really, really need to do a giant shit and then I'll be straight on it my man.

hithit
March 17th, 2013, 6:22 PM
make a counter if you dont like that offer.

Atty
March 17th, 2013, 6:22 PM
FINALLY got a break to check the draft. Was going to busy at work anyway then everyone called out so I've been non stop for eight hours...

Kemp is an absolute steal at seven, in my view. Love my OF and that the auto focused on them and 1B. I neglected OF last year and regretted it. I'll be on the lookout for a second basemen and a starter at some point, but everything turned out much nicer than they could have.

[EDIT] Changed a few bits after looking over my team.

Torn
March 17th, 2013, 6:23 PM
Your team is the worst thing I've ever seen.

Christopherson
March 17th, 2013, 6:42 PM
Fuck me, in the space of two minutes I basically shat my entire inside's out and hurt my back in the process. Anyways, soldiering on here is my team:

C A.J. Pierzynski, Tex C
1B Joey Votto, Cin 1B
2B Aaron Hill, Ari 2B
3B Aramis Ramirez, Mil 3B
SS Elvis Andrus, Tex SS
2B/SS Alexei Ramirez
1B/3B Prince Fielder, Det 1B
OF Adam Jones, Bal OF
OF Alex Gordon, KC OF
OF Angel Pagan, SF OF
OF Torii Hunter, Det OF
UTIL Nelson Cruz, Tex OF
UTIL Ben Revere, Phi OF
Bench Ichiro Suzuki, NYY OF
Bench Brian McCann, Atl C
Bench Everth Cabrera, SD SS
Bench Brandon Belt, SF 1B

PITCHERS
P David Price, TB SP
P Yu Darvish, Tex SP
P Adam Wainwright, StL SP
P Hiroki Kuroda, NYY SP
P Jon Lester, Bos SP
P Steve Cishek, Mia RP
P Brandon League, LAD RP
RP Huston Street, SD RP
RP Addison Reed, CWS RP

Here's the thing every year I try to strive for a balanced team and inevitably what always happen is I neglect speed, not this year however I'm not happy with the outfield. I like my pitching for a change. I'll be making changes, I don't like the bench at all and infield is a worry. I haven't had a look at everyone else yet. I wanted to pick up Beltran, Eaton and Sal Perez but as usual Torn nabbed them before they fell to me. It's uncanny how he seems to know.

Cewsh
March 17th, 2013, 9:45 PM
That's a fucking solid team all around, man. Everything's covered and you have Fielder for trade bait.

Cewsh
March 18th, 2013, 1:35 AM
<tbody>
C
Miguel Montero (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), Ari C

137/487

--
<nobr>100.0</nobr>
<nobr>+0</nobr>

1B
Billy Butler (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), KC 1B, DH

195/609

--
<nobr>100.0</nobr>
<nobr>+0</nobr>

2B
Robinson Cano (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), NYY 2B

196/627

--
<nobr>100.0</nobr>
<nobr>+0</nobr>

3B
David Freese (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), StL 3B DTDhttp://g.espncdn.com/s/flblm/13/images/icons/sml/news_breaking.png (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013)

154/525

--
<nobr>100.0</nobr>
<nobr>+0</nobr>

SS
Jose Reyes (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), Tor SS

168/578

--
<nobr>100.0</nobr>
<nobr>+0</nobr>

2B/SS
Alcides Escobar (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), KC SS DTDhttp://g.espncdn.com/s/flblm/13/images/icons/sml/news_breaking.png (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013)

154/581

--
<nobr>100.0</nobr>
<nobr>+0</nobr>

1B/3B
Lance Berkman (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), Tex 1Bhttp://g.espncdn.com/s/flblm/13/images/icons/sml/news_recent.png (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013)

@Hou (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=hou)
8:00 PM (http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=330331118)

119/420

--
<nobr>99.1</nobr>
<nobr>+0.3</nobr>

OF
Jose Bautista (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), Tor OF

136/508

--
<nobr>100.0</nobr>
<nobr>+0</nobr>

OF
Allen Craig (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), StL 1B, OF

162/548

--
<nobr>100.0</nobr>
<nobr>+0</nobr>

OF
Alex Rios (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), CWS OF

160/579

--
<nobr>100.0</nobr>
<nobr>+0</nobr>

OF
Alejandro De Aza (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), CWS OF

154/546

--
<nobr>100.0</nobr>
<nobr>+0</nobr>

UTIL
Dexter Fowler (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), Col OFhttp://g.espncdn.com/s/flblm/13/images/icons/sml/news_recent.png (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013)

146/527

--
<nobr>100.0</nobr>
<nobr>+0</nobr>

UTIL
Norichika Aoki (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), Mil OF

143/517

--
<nobr>99.2</nobr>
<nobr>+0.2</nobr>

Bench
Michael Cuddyer (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), Col OF, 1Bhttp://g.espncdn.com/s/flblm/13/images/icons/sml/news_recent.png (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013)

137/499

--
<nobr>94.9</nobr>
<nobr>-1.2</nobr>

Bench
Dustin Ackley (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), Sea 2B

154/612

--
<nobr>23.9</nobr>
<nobr>-1</nobr>

</tbody>

<tbody>
PITCHERS

MAR 31

2013 SEASON PITCHING PROJECTIONS

RESEARCH

SLOT
PLAYER, TEAM POS
ACTION

OPP
STATUS ET

IP
H
ER
BB
K
W
SV
ERA
WHIP

PR15
%OWN
+/-

P
Gio Gonzalez (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), Wsh SPhttp://g.espncdn.com/s/flblm/13/images/icons/sml/news_recent.png (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013)

--
<nobr>100.0</nobr>
<nobr>+0</nobr>

P
CC Sabathia (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), NYY SPhttp://g.espncdn.com/s/flblm/13/images/icons/sml/news_breaking.png (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013)

--
<nobr>100.0</nobr>
<nobr>+0</nobr>

P
Mat Latos (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), Cin SP DTD

--
<nobr>100.0</nobr>
<nobr>+0</nobr>

P
James Shields (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), KC SP

--
<nobr>100.0</nobr>
<nobr>+0</nobr>

P
Yovani Gallardo (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), Mil SP

--
<nobr>100.0</nobr>
<nobr>+0</nobr>

P
Homer Bailey (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), Cin SP

--
<nobr>100.0</nobr>
<nobr>+0</nobr>

P
Jaime Garcia (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), StL SP

--
<nobr>98.3</nobr>
<nobr>-0.3</nobr>

RP
Joe Nathan (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), Tex RP

@Hou (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/clubhouse?team=hou)
8:00 PM (http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=330331118)

--
<nobr>100.0</nobr>
<nobr>+0</nobr>

RP
Sergio Romo (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), SF RP

--
<nobr>100.0</nobr>
<nobr>+0</nobr>

Bench
Jonathan Broxton (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), Cin RP

--
<nobr>100.0</nobr>
<nobr>+0</nobr>

Bench
Trevor Bauer (http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhouse?leagueId=113350&teamId=5&seasonId=2013), Cle SP

</tbody>

I got wayyyyyyy more pitching than I expected, but I think I got things pretty well rounded out. Pretty much every category is covered. I'll have to work extra hard to wind up in last.

hithit
March 18th, 2013, 8:00 PM
C Joe Mauer, Min C, 1B, DH
1B Albert Pujols, LAA 1B, DH
2B Rickie Weeks, Mil 2B
3B Martin Prado, Ari OF, 3B
SS Jimmy Rollins, Phi SS
2B/SS Zack Cozart, Cin SS
1B/3B Todd Frazier, Cin 3B, 1B
OF Bryce Harper, Wsh OF
OF Jay Bruce, Cin OF
OF Hunter Pence, SF OF
OF Colby Rasmus, Tor OF
UTIL Jonathan Lucroy, Mil C
UTIL Adam Dunn, CWS 1B, DH
Bench Corey Hart, Mil 1B, OF
Bench Wil Myers, TB OF
Bench Michael Young,
Bench Jed Lowrie, Oak SS
DL
DL
P Clayton Kershaw, LAD SP
P Chris Sale, CWS SP
P Rafael Soriano, Wsh RP
P Fernando Rodney, TB RP
P Wade Miley, Ari SP
P Greg Holland, KC RP
RP Craig Kimbrel, Atl RP
RP Aroldis Chapman, Cin SP, RP

my team. i like it. got alot of pitching.

Atty
March 20th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Torn:

I sent a reply with my decline. We've talked about a trade like that and I'm very interested as we will both be very happy with it. I just want to wait a week or two to sort things out, see if anyone comes knocking for a 1B and see who I end up with when I can DL Curtis and Ortiz. I also sort of want to make it a four player (two on each side) swap, but we'll hammer that out in a week or so.

Cewsh:

Thanks for the offer but Heyward is damn near untouchable for me. Part of this is the annoying sentimental reason you've run into in the past with me and Braves players. Meeting them with my nephew tends to make me love them. Unlike Kershaw who wouldn't sign our autographs after we told him not to pull a Mariano while shagging fly balls in the OF at Turner. To his credit he did laugh and then joke with us about Matt Stafford, nor was he signing any autographs, but still. :D

Cewsh
March 20th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Haha, totally understand. I didn't have my heart set on Heyward. You just have a glut of outfield and I have a glut of pitching. So if there's another version you'd prefer, then we can take a look at that.

Torn
March 20th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Torn:

I sent a reply with my decline. We've talked about a trade like that and I'm very interested as we will both be very happy with it. I just want to wait a week or two to sort things out, see if anyone comes knocking for a 1B and see who I end up with when I can DL Curtis and Ortiz. I also sort of want to make it a four player (two on each side) swap, but we'll hammer that out in a week or so.

Sounds good mate, no rush.

Christopherson
March 20th, 2013, 3:04 PM
VETO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No idea what the trade will be but I'm pretty sure I won't like it.

Thanks.

Atty
March 22nd, 2013, 5:37 PM
BOOM

Cewsh
March 22nd, 2013, 5:44 PM
Ooh, tough news for whoever drafted Aroldis Chapman. You've still got a great reliever, but still.

Atty
March 22nd, 2013, 5:45 PM
Also tough for whomever drafted Broxton...

:D

Torn
March 22nd, 2013, 5:47 PM
Cewsh set himself up for that one... like Broxton will be setting up for Aroldis :shifty:

I don't draft closers early but he's more valuable as the closer anyway.

Cewsh
March 22nd, 2013, 6:13 PM
I KNOW. Stupid Reds. :(

I already dropped him for Jannsen.

hithit
March 22nd, 2013, 6:44 PM
I drafted chapman figuring he would still be the closer

hithit
March 22nd, 2013, 6:46 PM
Morri, offer me a trade for braun. I offered you one, but you never did anything with it.

Morrison
March 22nd, 2013, 7:47 PM
Morri, offer me a trade for braun. I offered you one, but you never did anything with it.

cause after looking over stats and such, i think i've decided to keep him.

hithit
March 22nd, 2013, 9:01 PM
fair enough my friend

LOCONUT
March 22nd, 2013, 10:57 PM
Sounds like there are still 4 slots in SMUL if any of you want in PM MTR for details.

Matthew
March 23rd, 2013, 1:49 AM
lol

Fro
March 23rd, 2013, 3:24 PM
Even though it means I now have 4 members of the San Francisco starting rotation on my team, which could be a disaster if their offense happens to suck this year, that trade offer was too sweet to pass up. Cheers Brian M.

What was your rationale? Needed Swisher to upgrade you at 1B?

The SF rotation is utterly filthy btw.

Brian M.
March 23rd, 2013, 5:01 PM
Yep, desperately needed a first baseman. The auto draft really screwed me there. Plus I had a surplus of great starting pitching with King Felix and Weaver, so I figured I could afford to move another one of my good starters.

Torn
March 23rd, 2013, 6:06 PM
Makes sense but why Swisher and not aim way higher? There was a reason Bumgarner was a 7th round pick and Swisher a 17th rounder.

Atty
March 23rd, 2013, 9:34 PM
We could talk about Felix...

Cewsh
March 23rd, 2013, 9:42 PM
So what kind of players do people need? If nobody fills out their trade block, it's kind of shooting in the dark to offer trades.

Atty
March 23rd, 2013, 11:09 PM
I'm honestly not sure what I need. The draft actually worked out really well with my autopick strategy. I wanted to basically ignore pitching for the first 12 rounds anyway and the fact that I got guys like Minor, McCarthy, Beckett and Hudson, all of whom I had moved WAY up, was lovely. Love Minor. Beckett's a fat piece of shit, but he seems like a great fit in LA and a bargain in the late rounds.

I probably will need a second baseman at some point, but Gyorko has gobs of talent and I could see him having a very nice year.

Delighted to get Kemp. I had him ranked right after Miggy and Trout, so I was shocked to see him on my team from number seven.

Cewsh
April 1st, 2013, 5:35 PM
Okay, if CC Sabathia does to me what Tim Lincecum did to me last year, I'm drafting nothing but pitchers for the first 8 rounds next year.

Torn
April 1st, 2013, 5:40 PM
Velocity is down!

Defrost with Luis Cruz as his starting 3B :lol:

Cewsh
April 1st, 2013, 5:41 PM
Velocity was back up in spring training! They lied to me, Torn!

Defrost
April 1st, 2013, 5:55 PM
Velocity is down!

Defrost with Luis Cruz as his starting 3B :lol:

Well I only drafted one 3B and he is on the DL so beggars can't be choosers

Fro
April 1st, 2013, 10:01 PM
Why the F isn't ESPN letting me move Teixeira to the DL?

Nvm. Found the weird separate tab for DL management.

Cewsh
April 5th, 2013, 11:36 AM
I love that we're almost to the end of the week and Atty and my tie could still end up 10-0 in either direction.

Torn
April 5th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Ugh stupid Mike Morse

Cewsh
April 5th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Has anyone won the Mitch Moreland sweepstakes yet this year? Loaded with potential!

Atty
April 5th, 2013, 4:00 PM
I love that we're almost to the end of the week and Atty and my tie could still end up 10-0 in either direction.

Glad you're prepared to lose 10-0. :D

Cewsh
April 5th, 2013, 4:02 PM
The one stat I would never have expected to be stomping you in is home runs. That doesn't even make sense.

Atty
April 5th, 2013, 4:04 PM
May bats need hats. Keep bats warm.

Christopherson
April 5th, 2013, 8:28 PM
I am getting done like a kipper, I think it's Fro who is shitting all over me. Bad start as usual it seems.

Fro
April 5th, 2013, 8:41 PM
Bit of an overreaction there. You could still overtake me in several categories and end up winning the week. I think we've all seen 7-2 matches swing the other way on with a good or bad weekend.

That said, I fucking LOVE my rotation.

Christopherson
April 5th, 2013, 8:47 PM
You don't think a 9 homer, 10 RBI, 3 win and 1.8 ERA lead is a lot, really? Yeah miracles happen but that is a lot to over come. Regardless shut up you fanny I hate you, oh, your rotation blows.

:mad:

hithit
April 6th, 2013, 3:33 AM
I believe i filled out my trade block today. Any interest in trades make me an offer.

Fro
April 7th, 2013, 8:22 PM
You don't think a 9 homer, 10 RBI, 3 win and 1.8 ERA lead is a lot, really? Yeah miracles happen but that is a lot to over come. Regardless shut up you fanny I hate you, oh, your rotation blows.

:mad:

I've never been so unhappy to be so right.

Christopherson
April 9th, 2013, 3:05 PM

Well what do you know miracles do happen, man I got so lucky here at one point you where making a run at my SB lead as well and thought jesus this could be a 10-0 for you but luckily for me I made a storming comeback. Not to rub it in but I think in the 6/7 years I've been playing fantasy sports this might be my greatest comeback.

Well played though.

Cewsh
April 9th, 2013, 7:04 PM
I just offered hitty the least exciting trade of all time.

hithit
April 10th, 2013, 5:50 PM
i made you a new offer cewsh

Cewsh
April 10th, 2013, 6:20 PM
I hit you back. I think what I offered you is pretty even across the board. I just wasn't willing to give up someone producing for a guy who was going to ride the bench until Frese injured himself again.

hithit
April 10th, 2013, 6:27 PM
your offer was pretty fair, but i didn't wanna give up frazier.

Cewsh
April 10th, 2013, 6:29 PM
Fair enough. We probably won't make a deal then. No worries. :heart:

Torn
April 12th, 2013, 4:03 AM
Ughhhhhhhh fuck Carlos Quentin!!

Fro
April 12th, 2013, 1:06 PM
Greinke should learn to fight

Jimmy Zero
April 12th, 2013, 7:04 PM
Or stop throwing at people. That shit was a long time coming.

Christopherson
April 12th, 2013, 9:43 PM
I have to disagree there mate, firstly it's a 1 run game fairly deep in the game. Greinke reaction did not at all look as if it was a purpose pitch and probably the most important thing is a player in Quentin who routinely is in the top 5 off all players in HBP. In other words he crowds the plate like mofo and pitchers are going to take exception to that every time.

Atty
April 12th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Quintin isn't just ALWAYS among the leaders in HBP, he does it while missing half the year every year. And he's a nutcase.

Jimmy Zero
April 13th, 2013, 11:14 AM
I have to disagree there mate, firstly it's a 1 run game fairly deep in the game. Greinke reaction did not at all look as if it was a purpose pitch and probably the most important thing is a player in Quentin who routinely is in the top 5 off all players in HBP. In other words he crowds the plate like mofo and pitchers are going to take exception to that every time.

I don't think that specific incident was intentional on Greinke's part, but he and Quentin have a history of this stuff. Greinke's been throwing at Quentin since he was on the White Sox, and I still say he had it coming.

Atty
April 14th, 2013, 3:50 PM
I just wanted to thank Defrost for Roy. The Doc will come in most useful in getting my win back from Torn this year.

Cewsh
April 16th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Man, between Reyes and Gallardo, this shit is going sideways for me in a hurry.

Torn
April 19th, 2013, 4:06 AM
Jesus my offense has suddenly come alive. ALL OVER CEWSH.

Cewsh
April 19th, 2013, 10:55 AM
:(

I'm more stunned by the preposterous 46 strikeouts you have. I have 6. This is not my week.

Torn
April 19th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Well I've had 39 innings pitched, you've had 9. And you have 6 starters left go this week and I have 3, so that will be closer than it looks now. Fluking 6 wins already is nice though.

Cewsh
April 19th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Oh yeah, and I have 4 guys going today. But the odds are they aren't all getting 8 strikeouts. :(

Atty
April 20th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Velocity is up.

THANKS AGAIN, DEFROST!

hithit
April 21st, 2013, 12:57 PM
chris, just offered you a trade.

Defrost
April 21st, 2013, 1:54 PM
Velocity is up.

THANKS AGAIN, DEFROST!

Shit happens

Christopherson
April 21st, 2013, 2:03 PM
I rejected the trade Hit, I'm sorry mate. I feel like Fielder is my only true power threat in my line up and whilst I think Pujuls is the better player, power is the one thing I think Fielder has over Pujuls.

hithit
April 21st, 2013, 2:27 PM
Fair enough mate. Figured it was worth a shot!

Christopherson
April 21st, 2013, 3:31 PM
Thanks for the offer though. I can't seem to make a trade with anyone this year, my infield sucks ass, 2nd and 3rd base are a nightmare and rightfully no one is parting with there players even when I feel like I'm overpaying. I like my team but a shitty infield and not having a whole lot of power may prove to be my undoing later down the road.

Cewsh
April 21st, 2013, 5:11 PM
Come and knock on my door/I'll be waiting for you.

Christopherson
April 21st, 2013, 5:21 PM
Well unless Cano is available from you, otherwise your infield is as bad as mine, unfortunately.

Torn
April 21st, 2013, 5:25 PM
Look at me sitting here being all smug with Pedroia, Zobrist, Miggy and LONGO and beating Cewsh 10-0

Atty
April 22nd, 2013, 10:20 AM
Always nice to enter the final day up 7-3 and lose 8-1-1.

Torn, sent you an offer.

Torn
April 22nd, 2013, 10:23 AM
Torn, sent you an offer.

That gave me a good laugh.

Atty
April 22nd, 2013, 10:27 AM
Good.

Cewsh
April 22nd, 2013, 10:52 AM
Look at me sitting here being all smug with Pedroia, Zobrist, Miggy and LONGO and beating Cewsh 10-0

:(

Christopherson
April 22nd, 2013, 12:18 PM
Always nice to enter the final day up 7-3 and lose 8-1-1.

Did you? I hadn't noticed, funny that.

Christopherson
April 22nd, 2013, 12:20 PM
That gave me a good laugh.

Torn is the new Atty when it comes to trades.

Booooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Fro
April 22nd, 2013, 9:20 PM
Mike Napoli is a fucking BOSS. 25 RBIs already.

And "TP for my" Buchholz himself is now 4-0 with a 0.90 WHIP. Wait did I say WHIP? I meant ERA. So fuck you bitches.

Cewsh
April 22nd, 2013, 9:23 PM
I know it's early, but seriously. Which of you is the one voodoo cursing my teams? It's getting ridiculous.

"Oh, you drafted nothing but great pitchers? WELL NOW THEY ALL SUCK AHAHAHA"

Christopherson
April 22nd, 2013, 11:56 PM
Mike Napoli is a fucking BOSS. 25 RBIs already.

And "TP for my" Buchholz himself is now 4-0 with a 0.90 WHIP. Wait did I say WHIP? I meant ERA. So fuck you bitches.

I know what started out as a joke with Buchholz has quickly (que dramatic music) become a nightmare for the rest of the week. As for Napoli I remember you over drafted him at the time which I was bummed about because obviously I was going to pick him up and now he's went off on one as well. Great selections mate :yes:.

Well what do you know I finally picked up a 2nd baseman who actually done something, and all he had to do was play against the Astros, who would have guessed it.

Christopherson
April 22nd, 2013, 11:57 PM
I know it's early, but seriously. Which of you is the one voodoo cursing my teams? It's getting ridiculous.

Cuddle?

Wife says I'm great at them.

Atty
April 22nd, 2013, 11:59 PM

That quote sounds stunningly like Torn...

Torn
April 23rd, 2013, 10:19 AM
All pitchers have some bad starts calm down cewsh

Cewsh
April 23rd, 2013, 10:42 AM
I'm freakin' out man. I'm going to trade my whole rotation for Mitch Moreland.

Atty
April 24th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Defrost, I really need your address to send a proper thank you note for Doc Halladay.

Defrost
April 25th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Defrost, I really need your address to send a proper thank you note for Doc Halladay.

I have no regrets. Halladay fell in the draft for obvious reasons so I said to myself he's worth the risk but if he starts killing me he's gone. Then he started killing me so I followed through. Like I said shit happens.

Christopherson
April 25th, 2013, 6:26 PM
Whoever Upton Abbey is I sent you a trade my good man (who is he?).

Cewsh
April 25th, 2013, 6:27 PM
I don't know but his team is bananas. Good lord.

Atty
April 26th, 2013, 11:07 AM
B-A-N-A-N-A-S

hithit
April 26th, 2013, 11:55 AM
That is brian m i believe.

Atty
April 26th, 2013, 12:00 PM
B-R-I-A-N-M

Christopherson
April 26th, 2013, 4:29 PM
Cheers guys.

Atty
April 26th, 2013, 9:33 PM
TORN, WAKE THE FUCK UP AND GET ON SKYPE!

IF ANIBAL STRIKES OUT THE SIDE IN THE NINTH HE GETS 20KS!

ASHGJFLDBHKSJLKGJSFNADFK

hithit
April 26th, 2013, 9:59 PM
To bad they pulled him. What a fucking game for him though!

Atty
April 26th, 2013, 10:06 PM
It was nuts. Didn't even notice until he had 10 though 5. That's when he went even crazier. Amazing.

Also, thanks for Zimm, Torn. Almost missed his one hitter in with all the POWER Ks!

Brian M.
April 27th, 2013, 12:47 PM
I don't know but his team is bananas. Good lord.

This is what auto draft will do to you.

Also I'm still trying to figure out how to use the ESPN league which is why it took me so long to even realize I had a trade proposal.

Atty
April 30th, 2013, 8:52 PM
I have no regrets. Halladay fell in the draft for obvious reasons so I said to myself he's worth the risk but if he starts killing me he's gone. Then he started killing me so I followed through. Like I said shit happens.

Now comes the part where I slowly back out of the room so I'm gone when Torn tries to mock me.

hithit
April 30th, 2013, 9:08 PM
Brilliant pick up that was atty!

Atty
April 30th, 2013, 9:33 PM
Worked well in my match with Defrost. ;)

Cewsh
April 30th, 2013, 10:00 PM
I'm looking to deal a pitcher for something interesting, for the record.

Torn
May 1st, 2013, 4:10 AM
Now comes the part where I slowly back out of the room so I'm gone when Torn tries to mock me.

dfgdfgdfg

Hey Defrost, thanks for giving Atty Roy!