PDA

View Full Version : @RajahForums Twitter

Fanny
January 17th, 2013, 5:11 AM
Hey all,

I'd like to take a couple of minutes just to explain what we're trying to do with the @RajahForums Twitter account.

For the past few months we've been live-tweeting RAWs and PPVs, and will continue to do so. The aim is fairly simple, and that's to increase site traffic, specifically through the forums via new membership.

Although in its infancy, we've been retweeted by Jim Ross, MVP and Carlito, to name a few. The following is steadily growing and there do seem to be one or two new members cropping up in the wrestling forums at least.

We advertise wrestling forum threads directly on the account, with a means not only to growing the wrestling forums themselves but also as a gateway to the rest of the boards.

The purpose of this thread is as follows:

1) If you've signed up after hearing about the boards through the Twitter, we'd love to hear from you in here; just say hi so that we know whether or not it's working.

2) Let us know what you think. Any constructive feedback is absolutely welcome. What can we do better? What do you think of the tone of the Tweets? How could it be more engaging? Any quick-win Twit-tips to pick up more followers?

and 3) Please, please follow @RajahForums if you're on Twitter, ReTweet a tweet if you like it and help us to grow the forums into as large a community as possible.

These boards are fantastic, and we can keep it that way not only by continuing to post and converse among ourselves, but by inviting new thoughts and opinions from potential new members.

Thanks for your time - I'd appreciate it if a mod could Sticky this thread, and perhaps even put it in the other wrestling forums too.

cheers,
Fanny

turdpower
January 18th, 2013, 2:50 PM
This is a minor tangent, but how about increasing traffic throughout the site?

I like wrestling and everything (even that might be a stretch) but why not promote topics going on elsewhere?

Cewsh
January 18th, 2013, 2:51 PM
Because this is a wrestling focused forum. There's no other topic on this site that we could be said to be one of the premier places to go for. They come for wrestling, they stay for the great discussion elsewhere. That's the entire model.

The Rosk
January 18th, 2013, 3:01 PM
I think we need to promote how many members we have when going to people. Shit like that always seems to get retweeted a lot.

Matthew
January 18th, 2013, 3:03 PM
This is a minor tangent, but how about increasing traffic throughout the site?

I like wrestling and everything (even that might be a stretch) but why not promote topics going on elsewhere?
mik made an entertainment forum and mma twitter :dunno:

a rajah football twitter would probably work well

using the main one for everything would require more people, i think. (and no judas)

Fanny
January 18th, 2013, 3:07 PM
I do make mention of the other forums from time to time as well, but I'll have a think about may e tweeting the odd thing here and there during the day about them mote specifically.

Good shout on the number of members thing

Matthew
January 18th, 2013, 3:10 PM
get #untuckyourshirt to trend

Chris
January 18th, 2013, 5:49 PM
I like that the tweets link to the Raw thread or PPV thread, but maybe we can encourage people to make the jump a bit more. Like asking them to share their thoughts on match of the night, best moment of the night, etc. Even some of the general threads lend themselves well to twitter. "Should Rock become WWE Champion? Check out our poll and have your say (insert link)" It not only shows people that we want to hear their opinions, but it makes the forums sound like an active community where these things are being discussed.

I don't see anything wrong with highlighting other parts of the forum from time to time. When a show or PPV is on, obviously we're trying to talk to wrestling fans. But mid-week, we can highlight a thread in the video games forum, ask people to give their ideas on how the Oscars will turn out in the entertainment forum, etc. If the entertainment account gets up and going, then it can cover that forum and topic in more detail. But again, it's just about conveying that this is an active place. If people see that the Rajah account is pretty prominent in their twitter feeds a few days a week, they might feel more compelled to check out the forums.

turdpower
January 18th, 2013, 6:39 PM
Find someone older than cbac

Fanny
January 22nd, 2013, 4:46 AM
I'll try and get Tweeting a lot more during the week. I think there's a medium to be found between staying visible and saturating people's feeds, so I'll try and find that. Midweek I'll focus on other parts of the boards more than I obviously would during RAWs or PPVs

We'll be live-tweeting the build-up to and The Royal Rumble itself all day on Sunday, Beefy and I, so I'd really appreciate all the help we can get in RTs and responses.

maxxmisery
January 24th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to chime in on this thread and introduce myself.

I actually joined up due to twitter, and this forum looks great. I actually started my twitter account yesterday, mostly to follow up on wrestling news and Jaguars football news (I know, they are terrible) and looking around a bit I found @RajahForums and had to take a look. I browsed around before about an hour before I was sold on it and created this account.

So anyways, glad to be here. Hopefully I can join in on some discussion and get to know some folks around here.

Cewsh
January 24th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Awesome! Glad to have you. Make yourself at home.

And somebody get Fanny a gold star.

Fanny
January 25th, 2013, 3:23 PM
Welcome maxxmisery, thanks for the Twitter shout out!

Miotch
January 25th, 2013, 3:28 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to chime in on this thread and introduce myself.

I actually joined up due to twitter, and this forum looks great. I actually started my twitter account yesterday, mostly to follow up on wrestling news and Jaguars football news (I know, they are terrible) and looking around a bit I found @RajahForums and had to take a look. I browsed around before about an hour before I was sold on it and created this account.

So anyways, glad to be here. Hopefully I can join in on some discussion and get to know some folks around here.

Welcome. I think you're probably the only Jaguars fan on the board, so you should go rep your terrible team in the NFL thread.

Andy
May 21st, 2013, 6:59 AM
Managed to get some new followers on the account and loads of retweets last night. I guess I should've tried to get some retweets from some of the popular people though. Having someone live tweet every week will definitely make the account bigger and bigger.

virms
January 26th, 2014, 2:24 PM
Somebody get on this tonight

Kneeneighbor
January 26th, 2014, 2:56 PM
Somebody get on this tonight

Thats what he said!

Fanny
January 26th, 2014, 4:02 PM
I might watch the Rumble, if I do, I'll do the Twitter x

Bert
January 26th, 2014, 4:09 PM
I don't know how you're linking stuff but if you're not already make a bitly account. The links are short so there's more room to write about the thread and you can see how many people clicked each link.

Fanny
January 26th, 2014, 4:17 PM
you watch your fuckin bitch mouth

chatty
January 26th, 2014, 5:06 PM
Hey, you's can all hit me up on Twitter if you like, I'm gonna try and use it this year so it would be good to have some people to interact with instead of just reading to see what Boxers/Wrestlers/Musicians are up to.

I'm @shauntate83

I'll hit up the rajah page and talk some shit tonight.

Slutty McWhoreface
July 9th, 2014, 8:55 PM
Come be with me Rajahnites...

because...
I wanna be with you. :blah:

@Loomis_Sunshine

Donald
July 10th, 2014, 3:39 PM
As in Sam Loomis? Played by Donald Pleasance?

Slutty McWhoreface
July 13th, 2014, 5:34 AM
As in Sam Loomis? Played by Donald Pleasance? One in the very same...
HUGE Donald Pleasance/Halloween(original) fan.. But that is actually my last name, so..

" HE HAD THE DARKEST EYES....
THE DEVIL'S EYES"...

Hero!
July 13th, 2014, 7:21 AM
You've got the weirdest tweets

Slutty McWhoreface
July 13th, 2014, 7:33 AM
Kiss me.

Slutty McWhoreface
July 13th, 2014, 7:36 AM
I'll have you know that i've got TWENTY-NINE( 20 if you don't count the bots) people that enjoy my "weird tweets."
SO...
chew on that mister...