PDA

View Full Version : The Brad Maddox Appreciation Thread

mth
December 29th, 2012, 3:52 PM
Who else is loving this guy so far? Yeah, the smug douche gimmick is old as the hills but he seems to have a fresh take on it that I'm really digging.
Where do you think this angle is going? I thought after fast counting that win for Vickie, she was going to give him a RAW contract but so far, he remains fighting for one. So, is he going to win one eventually via a match? Or some other way? Or is this just going to lead nowhere and he'll get released?

Psycho666Soldier
December 29th, 2012, 4:21 PM
Maddox has so much potential. I didn't care for the guy too much on FCW, but he seemed to try really hard to always have a personality. With the angle they have going now, he seems to have found his niche as a character. He plays up the role so well, and almost every time he takes the mic, he catches your attention. Decent in the ring, so couple that with good charisma, and you have someone who is definitely a future star in the company.

I think he'll get his shot. WWE wouldn't be giving him this much exposure and mic time if it was all to release him. He'll either win a match against someone he'd otherwise get demolished by in a cheap win, or Shield's constant attacks on Maddox's competitors will lead to them actually helping him win a match. Potentially they'll try to make Maddox a part of The Shield, but I hope not. Leave The Shield as the unit they are, though Maddox can be affiliated.

Haven't watched his Youtube show. I get the feeling I wouldn't care for it much.

VHS
December 29th, 2012, 5:00 PM
I honestly don't see why he's been getting this much attention, but I'm totally willing to give the guy a chance once he moves out of this "one more chance" jobber thing he's in. He seems to know how to sell like a madman, but anytime he opens his mouth his line delivery sounds so amateur and forced.

And his Youtube "show" is embarrassing to say the least.

Anaconda Sniper
December 29th, 2012, 9:59 PM
I like this guy. At first I was like eh? But hes winning me over.

Psycho666Soldier
December 30th, 2012, 4:52 AM
I like this guy. At first I was like eh? But hes winning me over.
Pretty much my opinion, though that comes from his FCW work. I started liking him after his first promo following the screwjob.

Matthew
December 30th, 2012, 10:44 AM
i love him i always loved him i am the leader of the bandwagon

ask torn

Matthew
December 30th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Matthew: torn you gotta confirm that i was the first brad maddox fan ever
Torn: hahahahaha good touch torres
Torn: yes you were

torres is good, don't listen to him

Torn
December 30th, 2012, 10:46 AM
this happened

Matthew
December 30th, 2012, 10:50 AM
:cool:

mth
July 20th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Seeing some folks praising Mr. Maddox in the RAW thread made me remember I stared this puppy. So, our lovely Brad has become RAW GM. Attaboy.
Feel free to copy/paste your RAW thread posts in here if you want. Or re-express your feelings about Brad in haiku. Up to you.

wardy
July 20th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Brad Maddox is awesome. Any face beating him up will gain at least 5 overness points.

VHS
July 20th, 2013, 11:30 PM
I honestly don't see why he's been getting this much attention, but I'm totally willing to give the guy a chance once he moves out of this "one more chance" jobber thing he's in. He seems to know how to sell like a madman, but anytime he opens his mouth his line delivery sounds so amateur and forced.

And his Youtube "show" is embarrassing to say the least.

I am stupid.

G-Fresh
July 21st, 2013, 12:00 AM
Don't be so hard on yourself bro.

Psycho666Soldier
July 21st, 2013, 12:39 AM
Brad Maddox truly is great in this GM role so far. I think he has staying power. He has immense personality, and it translates much better as an authority/personality role than when he wrestles. However, if the time ever comes where he gets involved as the GM, he DOES know how to wrestle, allowing him to actually deliver on match quality. I honestly would like to see him get a lengthy reign as GM if he continues to prove he fits the role. It's been a while since we've had a 2-3 year GM role. Hell...I think it's been a long time for even a year, the most recent being Teddy if I'm not mistaken.

Cheers to the Brad Maddox Era! :beer:

mr sabu
July 21st, 2013, 6:38 AM
http://www.memegeneokerlund.com/media/created/3a5qy1.jpg

VHS
September 2nd, 2013, 12:12 AM
In my wildest dreams, this would be Brad's theme...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST86JM1RPl0

Jarrod1983
September 2nd, 2013, 12:17 AM
Maddox is gold. I'm glad he is finally getting more TV time. He is entertaining as hell.

mth
September 2nd, 2013, 12:19 AM
He's definitely become a lot more confidant and comfortable when he's on screen and is doing a lovely job in the puppet-of-a-GM role.

JRSlim21
September 2nd, 2013, 9:14 AM
Maddox is truly showing with experience comes improvement. Once he got the job and made that face, I knew gold was struck

Mark Hammer
September 2nd, 2013, 10:13 AM
I can't stand Brad Maddox. Horrible on the mic, awkward every time he's on screen, and not the first thing notable about him, yet placed in such a prominent role. Some of you are insane and will happily gobble up complete shit.

This reminds me of that John Lauaranaitis (sp) bandwagon where several of you actually argued that being so utterly dreadful made him great. I'm sure the brass at WWE loves you guys because they don't even have to try to earn your blind support.

Brian M.
September 2nd, 2013, 10:38 AM
The difference in this case is that Brad is supposed to be awkward, where as Big Johnny just flat out sucked on the mic. Brad's delivery is great, perfect for the way his character is supposed to be. Before he was a puppet for Vickie, now he's a puppet for the McMahons. He's not supposed to be some ultra confident superstar.

Mark Hammer
September 2nd, 2013, 11:01 AM
I heard the exact same argument for Lauranaitis. That he was "supposed" to be shit. Brad Maddox is not playing the character of someone who is shit. He actually is shit. And he's heavily featured every Monday night as a result. Surely I'm not the only one who sees the problem in that?

Andy
September 2nd, 2013, 11:14 AM
What exactly is shit about him? He's got an unorthodox talking style but he's charismatic as hell and damn funny too.

Big fan of DJ maestro Maddox. :yes:

Tainted Eclipse
September 2nd, 2013, 11:14 AM
I think maybe you're one of the few who see it at all. Brad is good on the mic, has charisma, good comic presence and is funny. Don't know how someone could think he is horrible on the mic or awkward.

VHS
September 2nd, 2013, 11:16 AM
I can't stand Brad Maddox. Horrible on the mic, awkward every time he's on screen, and not the first thing notable about him, yet placed in such a prominent role. Some of you are insane and will happily gobble up complete shit.

This reminds me of that John Lauaranaitis (sp) bandwagon where several of you actually argued that being so utterly dreadful made him great. I'm sure the brass at WWE loves you guys because they don't even have to try to earn your blind support.

I used to be right where you're at, but Brad has indeed won me over and more.

He's become one of those guys where I hope he stays around for many years to come as we (hopefully) head into a new era.

Mark Hammer
September 2nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
I think maybe you're one of the few who see it at all. Brad is good on the mic, has charisma, good comic presence and is funny. Don't know how someone could think he is horrible on the mic or awkward.

Because he is without question horrible on the mic and awkward. Again, some of you are insane. I cringe every time he opens his mouth. He sounds so incredibly forced.

Mark Hammer
September 2nd, 2013, 11:29 AM
What exactly is shit about him? He's got an unorthodox talking style but he's charismatic as hell and damn funny too.

Big fan of DJ maestro Maddox. :yes:

"Unorthodox talking style" is a very sugar-coated way of conceding that he sucks on the mic. I'm not seeing the charisma, either.

I realize I'm dealing with a bandwagon here and normally I "get" bandwagons, but this guy's got literally nothing going for him.

Jimmy Zero
September 2nd, 2013, 12:36 PM
I agree with everything Hammer has said here. I think Maddox sucks. In addition to everything already discussed, it bothers me that his clothes don't seem to fit him right. Everything looks about 2 sizes too small.

mth
September 2nd, 2013, 12:48 PM

:lol: Here we go again...

HHHnFoley_Rulez
September 2nd, 2013, 12:56 PM
The thing is though, as long as people are civil about like/disliking the same person - that's what having an opinion/forum is designed for.

It's when people start calling each other slurs that it becomes ridiculous.

Matthew
September 2nd, 2013, 2:09 PM
brad maddox is the best

the rosk agrees

#vote4rosk
#signtheshirt
#ilethimwin

El_Dandy
September 2nd, 2013, 2:47 PM
Does Not Appreciate

DaSaintFan
September 2nd, 2013, 9:22 PM
I used to be right where you're at, but Brad has indeed won me over and more.

He's become one of those guys where I hope he stays around for many years to come as we (hopefully) head into a new era.

agreed.. he seems to know his role at the moment. Him as a "figurehead" with no actual power is actually working for him. If his character ever develops to growing a spine, then it will be an impressive transformation.

VHS
September 8th, 2013, 11:44 PM
brad maddox is the best

the rosk agrees

#vote4rosk
#signtheshirt
#ilethimwin

Brad Maddox is the one and only. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjqb3AKndYc)

Mark Hammer
September 9th, 2013, 4:04 PM
He's garbage. Nothing at all notable about him, surely they could have filled his role with someone competent.

Cewsh
September 9th, 2013, 4:08 PM
I think he's pretty great at being a smarmy little dickhead.

Melly
September 9th, 2013, 4:18 PM
He is funny, love him.

RuneEdge
June 25th, 2014, 6:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbiZFlivR6g

Anyone found him yet? :scared:

HHHnFoley_Rulez
June 25th, 2014, 6:50 AM
Surely this is a parody of the man who fell into that ice crevice and broke his arm, yet uploaded his "help me" video to the internet rather than call for help? Right?

...right?

Donald
June 25th, 2014, 6:51 AM
Very entertaining. Can't wait to see where they are going with this.

Clive Plasma
June 25th, 2014, 6:59 AM
It's one of those weird ones, where you think it's fake, you know it's probably fake, but then he did ask viewers to notify the police... which makes you think it couldn't be fake, but then you realise it's definitely fake...

At least people on twitter are concerned...

http://i.imgur.com/OTPQeH7.png

VHS
June 25th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Brad's acting is amazing. I can't believe how wrong I was about him. :lol:

mth
January 20th, 2015, 12:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr2Wnjp8QJQ
Seriously, can we get this guy back on TV already?

VHS
January 20th, 2015, 1:27 PM
Seconded. I miss that man.

Hero!
January 20th, 2015, 4:30 PM
I've always been on the Maddox train. Dude is great. No reason why he's done nothing in 3 years.

Hero!
April 24th, 2015, 9:48 AM
Maddox came out and did a dark match at the recent Main Event tapings, where he walks out screaming at the crowd "DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?". It's pretty fucking awesome.

VHS
April 24th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Can't wait to see him back. I hated him 100%, and he flipped me to -100%. Now I love him +100%. :hyper:

Hero!
July 15th, 2015, 12:13 PM
So, the dark match this week before the SD tapings was Meta Powers vs Slater & Maddox. I wouldn't mind seeing Maddox team with Slater permanently. 2MB BAYBAY!

Nash Diesel
July 15th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Not really Maddox related but man they (WWE brass) must have some weird issue with Sandow basically taking him off television completely since turning on The Miz.....Now he's wrestling a DARK MATCH impersonating Savage. Wow.

mth
July 15th, 2015, 12:31 PM
So, the dark match this week before the SD tapings was Meta Powers vs Slater & Maddox. I wouldn't mind seeing Maddox team with Slater permanently. 2MB BAYBAY!
:yes: Slater and Maddox are both very underutilized. Would be thrilled to see them get paired up if it'd get them some screen time. They seem like they could make for a pretty damn entertaining team.

Slutty McWhoreface
July 15th, 2015, 6:22 PM
I will never understand how anyone could NOT appreciate the greatness that is Bradley Maddox... the man fucking OOZES charisma from his seemingly non-existent pores.

Do I have a man crush on Mr. Maddox? Perhaps.

Would I have a one-off with him to satisfy my (not so) deep-rooted homosexual tendencies; that would culminate with him popping his cork on my buttocks and soles?
Well... that's none of your business... PERVERT!

That shit with him in a cave was pretty kooky... but I appreciate and/or respect KOOKY. I'm just glad that he's okay.

That bit at the recent house shows with him becoming a "BO-liever" and an apprentice to Bo Dallas is pretty funny... they are missing out by not utilizing that handsome, witty bastard.

They should try him on commentary, or at the very least pair him with a worthy wrestler if they're not going to do anything with him ring wise.

I think he would make a great manager for Bo Dallas, or for someone that has lackluster mic skills... shit... ditch Summer Rae and put him with Rusev; after his promo work on RAW the other night, he DESPERATELY needs someone to speak for him.

Hero!
August 12th, 2015, 8:55 AM
Brad Maddox has been testing out various gimmicks at recent live events and showed off his new blonde hair over the weekend.

The former WWE RAW General Manager competed in a dark match at last night's WWE SmackDown tapings from Portland, Oregon, losing to Zack Ryder.

Prior to the match, Maddox cut a promo and announced that his new name is Joshua Kingsley.

Below is a fan photo from before the match:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMLVTGPUYAAp4Tn.jpg

Spedizzo
August 12th, 2015, 9:00 AM
:/

RuneEdge
August 12th, 2015, 9:30 AM
Hope he still has that bad ass finisher from the FCW days.

VHS
August 12th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Joshua Kinglsey... ok. Little random and uncatchy... but ok. :wtf:

Bagel
August 12th, 2015, 12:31 PM
Joshua Kinglsey... ok. Little random and uncatchy... but ok. :wtf:

Looks dressed to be a Ghostbuster. But could be the king of Kingsley.

Nash Diesel
August 12th, 2015, 1:06 PM
A quick glance and he kind of looks like a cross between a Hitler youth and a member of the Truth Commission.

mth
August 12th, 2015, 1:35 PM
Not sure why a name change was in order but I'll be curious to see if he makes it back on TV with the gimmick.

Nash Diesel
August 12th, 2015, 1:42 PM
I'm curious as to what the promo was about and how it explained his current look. Maybe he's going to have an identity crisis gimmick only he won't be ripping off other wrestlers' gimmicks liek Haas and Sandow did.

VHS
August 12th, 2015, 1:44 PM
Not sure why a name change was in order but I'll be curious to see if he makes it back on TV with the gimmick.

Same here. For somebody like Husky Harris, a name change was vital. For a guy lie Maddox, it seems unnecessary. And his attire is very curious. Brad's a guy w/ a natural heel persona that has quips up every sleeve. His outfit there makes him look like a simpleton. Oh well - I'm sure he's just testing stuff out? :wtf:

mth
August 12th, 2015, 1:49 PM
I, for one, am disappointed Beef Mode didn't stick around.

Hero!
August 13th, 2015, 8:54 AM
I'm curious as to what the promo was about and how it explained his current look. Maybe he's going to have an identity crisis gimmick only he won't be ripping off other wrestlers' gimmicks liek Haas and Sandow did.

I just checked with my sauce and apparently he comes out talking with an English accent, quotes shakespeare, and says that he's a Broadway actor.

A bit odd, but ill take it

mth
August 13th, 2015, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Maddox himself is just trying out different stuff every time he gets work, not that WWE are the ones changing him up all the time. Will be curious to see if this gimmick lasts beyond a show or two.

Nash Diesel
August 13th, 2015, 11:23 AM
Next he'll be coming out with just a sock on his dick and an A-Team backpack, something off the wall random.

MikeHunt
August 13th, 2015, 12:50 PM
Same here. For somebody like Husky Harris, a name change was vital. For a guy lie Maddox, it seems unnecessary. And his attire is very curious. Brad's a guy w/ a natural heel persona that has quips up every sleeve. His outfit there makes him look like a simpleton. Oh well - I'm sure he's just testing stuff out? :wtf:

How? whats unusual about what he wearing? nothing. you wear a BASEBALL CAP constantly as an adult. get a grip.

Nash Diesel
August 13th, 2015, 2:09 PM
How? whats unusual about what he wearing? nothing. you wear a BASEBALL CAP constantly as an adult. get a grip.

Maybe it's a US thing but there are millions of adults who constantly wear baseball caps lol. My job has 3 employees counting my boss, I'm the only one of the 2 who doesn't wear a fucking hat to work lol.

MikeHunt
August 13th, 2015, 2:18 PM
you should kick their cunts in.

Hero!
August 13th, 2015, 2:18 PM
Yeah, Mikehunt doesn't get the US obsession with hats. I don't know many dudes that don't rock a hat.

Judas Iscariot
August 13th, 2015, 2:46 PM
Oh, Mike's going on about hats again? OK.

Hero!
September 9th, 2015, 9:38 AM
So, this week, he's back to being Brad Maddox, but still rocking the Josh Kingsley look.

He also went by "Lord Ruffles" last week.

Hero!
November 30th, 2015, 9:09 PM
Mad Braddox now has a PWT store:

http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/madbraddox

Get your Cocky Pricks t-shirts here!

Andy
November 30th, 2015, 9:35 PM
Has anyone ever got anything from PWT? How's the fit compared to WWE shirts?